Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square 3 stars

9000 SW Washington Square Road, Tigard, OR 97223, USA

#1 of 7 hotels in Tigard

5.7

Great stay for a weekend conference.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were a number of people smoking around the main lobby entrance area and it was very annoying. We ended up using another entrance to avoid the smoke.

The facility was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

The room was great and the building was very well designed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No parking. The hotel was booked full so parking became an issue. Seemed over priced for the room. Room was great but just had come from Bestwestern and the room there was $60 cheaper and much better, bigger, had a hot tub, more space etc.

The room was great and the building was very well designed. Was very pleased.

We were right by the elevator.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We were right by the elevator. On Saturday night, it was a bit noisy. It was tolerable. When we closed the door to the bedroom - there was no noise at all! Great room all in all.

The size and configuration of the room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff seemed indifferent, at best. The breakfast was not as good as at other locations. the overall value was okay but not great.

The size and configuration of the room.

Probably won't re-visit.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room very basic/utilitarian. Consider it too pricey for what you get. 'Self-service' breakfast was poor, but the 'cooked to order' option looked better. Will stay downtown next time for an extra $20.

Well located to Washington Square Mall. Good if you don't need to go downtown. Beds and rooms comfortable/clean.

Such Great Value
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi charged when not meant to be Pricing slightly different than what indicated with original booking...not material still a little annoying and worth watching...not worth out limited time to get to the bottom of.

This a the best value not just in Tigard but in overall Portland Superior Breakfast options available with nightly rate Happy hour free drinks in the evening Larger living and bedroom. Location ideal for quick drive downtown Portland or to Washington Square Mall

Delightful
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the location Loved the amenities The hotel is always kept updated and clean Mattress was so comfortable I have been staying at Washington square embassy suite for 20 years It is as nice now as it was 20 years ago My number one choice

We hope to improve the fact that the breakfast menus were...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I would like to change my breakfast menu once every three days. Taste and service are great.

We hope to improve the fact that the breakfast menus were the same throughout the week. The staff was friendly. They were the best place to move in Portland.

Rave... Embassy Suites & Amazing Staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Friendly, knowledge & helpful staff. Breakfast was a perfect start to each day - omelette chefs excellent! Evening reception was a fantastic way to unwind. Room size & decor pleasant & impressive. Location very convenient. We definitely would stay here again.

Disgusting sheets not changed covered in Crum’s and some sort of spilled liquid
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sheets on bed were EXTREMELY DIRTY AND NOT CHANGED. I can’t imagine any other single thing that would make every good thing totally irrelevant. The one thing you stay somewhere for is a CLEAN safe room. Then when we asked for clean sheets, it took them two hours and he brought me one TOP sheet and asked if that would work because it’s all he had. Disgusting.

Cool place

Good, clean and nice
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Stayed in room 235. The tub spout was to far from wall and water goes down there no telling how much black mold is behind that wall and how many clients have gotten sick. I know my throat has been hurting since I left there. While it doesn't bother my wife it does me because I know the effect. I pray you forward this message to embassy. No telling if people have gotten sick from that room or a joining rooms

Good, clean and nice

One of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't have the room I requested. Had to pay for WiFi and parking was horrible. I was also put in a room extremely far from everything which was absolutely terrible with small kids. Will never stay here again.

Great mostly!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was a mix up at check out where the check out person automatically assumed that my credit card would be charged instead of asking first. I wanted to pay cash. The charge was reversed but it took several days and caused some havoc on my credit card. It was an honest mistake, and it was remmedied, but I wish she would have asked first how I was going to pay.

Loved the hot breakfast. My daughter loved the pool. Great clean room.

The complimentary breakfast was great!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complimentary breakfast was great! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Shower was cold one morning and they gave us a half rate for that day.

great hotel!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the relatively small parking lot had tiny spots (most spots were labeled compact)so when a few jerks park over the line it causes a chain reaction that results in too many unavailable spots. the 6 big trucks I counted take up 3 spots! not to mention the many coned off spots. on 2nd floor living room area I could hear the lobby music and goings on. not loud but not hard to hear either

omelet station of continental breakfast was great! room service for me & sick child was really good & quick.

Most appalling Dining Experience Ever!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had a horrible experience at the hotel bar/ dinning facility. The bartender/ waitress was actually intoxicated while serving us at dinner. It was the most appalling dinning experience of my life! She threw a pen at my friend as she attempted to take our order. It was unbelievable!!! The manger took care of our dinner but he could not remove the experience that we had.

The location is great! Near many convenient shopping and dining.

It was comfortable, staff was very helpful and a good location for our needs.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a busy time of year and the hotel was not as quiet as expected. Minimal inconvenience.

There was a problem with our reservation from the Booking.com side when we tried to check-in. The hotel went over and above to track down the problem and provide us with a room and to ensure that we were not double charged.

Awesome stay. We’ve been twice now during the holiday season and plan to return again next year.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds were more firm than my husband and I would like.

They have an amazing free breakfast with made to order omlets, and a managers reception each night that is fun as well. The staff is all super helpful and friendly. Nice pool, good restaurant on site.

It was clean, quiet, and in a great location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Power failure in the middle of the night and alarms going off. We know this couldn’t be helped, but staff evacuated without telling guests anything.

It was what we asked for.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

I always happy when I stay ay embassy suit.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast time period is too narrow. As a family traveler, we wanted to have late and long breakfast talking various things. But restaurant close at 9:30 ii

Location is very good. Breakfast meals are tasty. The assistant workers in restaurant are very kind, i.e., seniors must be happy to have jobs!

very expensive
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

staff people during our stay was friendly and not prepared for helping guests. the Hotel needs an urgent up in the rooms. Be carefull , they will charge you for the wi fi, even you showing them the reservation with this included

very spacious rooms and good breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Second stay, Hide-a-bed for third person was a super thin mattress resulting in a very unpleasant nights sleep. I️ absolutely say, get the second bed. Oh, and you DO NOT get free WiFi!!! Booking.com has not corrected this on their site.

Great location. Very good breakfast! Bed was very comfortable. First stay was great! Gentleman at front desk had great information on the area and places to go.

The complimentary breakfast, evening snack and drinks were...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complimentary breakfast, evening snack and drinks were great. The room was spacious and really well supplied. The only thing that could have been better was a bit softer bed, but it wasn't terrible. I thought the whole stay was really great.

Great stay
    • Premium Suite

Just like any other US shower/bath, there is no hose shower.

Bed, bathroom, amenities, free bar (snacks and water) in the room, printing boarding pass at reception area, parking.

They could use recycling Ben’s in the lobby.Had a wonderful time
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

They could use recycling Ben’s in the lobby.

I always like to stay at Embassy suites! This location has excellent view, staff, great made to order breakfast, and amenities. There is even a little laundry room on site to do your own laundry. The property is centrally located right next to Washington Square, Mall.

A most pleasant and comfortable hotel with friendly and helpful staff!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It just happened that the parking lot was being repaved and it was harder to find a spot! Also the parking spaces were so small. Even my small Prius C was very close to the dividing lines and SUVs were always too close!

The two rooms in the suite were great because I could read while my husband slept in the other room. The suite was very spacious and comfortable! Breakfast was great and manager's reception was fun, too!

Great place to stay!
    • Premium Suite

Maid service was lacking. Took a long time to make up room, had to ask for toiletries, bed was sloppy, didn't vacuum. Wish the sheets on the bed fit properly (they were queen sheets on a king).

Excellent customer service, delicious breakfast, comfortable room, nice reception. If we had a request or concern, everything was handled immediately with a smile. Nice towels, fitness area, great water pressure, good room furniture. Great employees in Made to Order breakfast, dining area, front desk, and workers around hotel. Definitely would stay here again.

This was our first stay in an Embassy Suites -- just a bit overwhelmed by the size of the facility!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

(1) The parking spaces were just fine if everyone drove a Prius; our Chrysler Pacifica rental van was a very tight fit and it was difficult to open the front doors if parked next to another vehicle. (2) The food at the breakfast bar was not really warm, and my pancake had gotten a little hard & crispy in the warming pan.

Staff, room, location and overall accommodations were really good. The suite was very roomy -- quite a bit more room than the two of us required. Nice bar for a late night drink.

The bathroom in our suite had no place to hang wet towels.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom in our suite had no place to hang wet towels. The tub surround needs replacing and the tub drainage stopper did not work. The "smoke alarm" blasted loudly for 10 minutes after a steamy shower and a hotel repair person had to replace it.

Great location very much. didn't know about the construction. too much $ for the quality of brkfst.
    • Premium Suite

sofa bed mattress was very uncomfortable. Staff who checked us in didn't review the Notes with my husband's name as the 2nd guest so it took longer to check in. Breakfast ran out of things by 9am.

it was a very nice clean eating area. My husband had the made to order omelet and said it was good. I liked the sausages. One of the worst coffee I ever had. Couldn't even drink it.

6.0
    Love the great perks that come with your stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of room lacked a bit and broken fridge was the only complaint I had.

Love the great perks that come with your stay. The Breakfast, Daily Evening Happy Hour, Indoor Pool/Spa and the Suites are all wonderful.

Great stay
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The bathroom had a weird odor. Scrambled eggs in buffet were tasteless.

Two rooms in a suite, ample room for 4 and 5. Free drinks and snacks at happy hour. Friendly staff. Great breakfasts-especially the omlettes.

We were there during eclipse weekend and they were fully...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The lobby was very small with only a single sofa and two chairs. Sofa bed in suite was really hard.

We were there during eclipse weekend and they were fully booked. Very well run and friendly staff. Happy hour was great with items for both adults and kids. Beds were very comfortable and suite had plenty of room for 5. Breakfast was better than most buffet breakfasts. Also had a custom breakfast area for omelettes.

So not worth the price very unrestful.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The hotel allowed unsupervised teens in the room next to us. They were loud and no room avail to change. The bed was comfortable but I was immensely disappointed when there were no waffles. They have a large empty counterspace for it. Because carbon wafflemakers are exclusively for hotels I expected they would have like staybridge suites Homewood suites by Hilton residence inn Marriott and even 2 star best western hotels. I will never stay in an embassy suite hotel again for $200+ for such an unrestful expensive stay. I was pleased with staff at checkout the day manager was the only polite staff that even smiled. On check in Deena the night manager was not pleasant. Parking far from room and elevators only in front of hotel and having to enter back door and walk to front of building from back of hotel, the only location with elevators. The elevators have a bad smell bc of wet floors right next to pool.I suggest an automatic air freshener. The wood floors mixed with chlorine water gave the elevators a fishy smell during pool hours

The interior decorating and hotel set up is spectacular. It has a good amenities shop

Reasonably priced, quite, clean and comfortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked this hotel on a whim. I wanted to extend my trip back home by an extra day. I decided to spend it in the Portland area. I had no idea where this hotel was located until I let google maps show me as I was driving. The stay was comfortable. The surrounding areas...so-so. Outskirts of Portland. But totally delighted to see a great big mall with a Cheese Cake Factory Restaurant attached to it with in walking distance to this Hotel!

Terrific high end place to stay just a little out of Portland with mall within walking distance.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Faucet in bathroom squeaks and free internet not secure

Loved the whole place. Great room facing interior courtyard terrific breakfast with omelette station free drinks and snacks nitely

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Id go back
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I did not like that kids were allowed to run literally run around inside the hotel at all hours.

I liked the total ambiance and enjoyed the managers social in the evening

Great hotel
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I loved everything about the property. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable and complimentary breakfast and evening snacks and beverages was the icing on the cake ! Great location as well.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Clean sheets , comfy bed and the two rooms to have my son...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The smell of food wafting up to my room in the morning. but I understand that is the charm for most people

Clean sheets , comfy bed and the two rooms to have my son and daughter in law up to visit or watch tv and they don't have to sit on the bed,

Excellent Embassy Suites
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevators were horribly slow.

Breakfast was amazing, large selection of very fresh foods. Front end staff was extremely friend and the room was amazing.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

For the situation I was in, it was pleasant, wish we didn't get stuck in the snow storm.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi was a little to slow for me to do remote desktop. Most if not all places I stay have really fast wifi, and I need wifi for business.

I was there during the snowstorm, and had these 2 guys employed by the hotel helping me move my car out. My car was stuck, it took them 30 minutes of hard work shoveling and pushing and finally. It was an older guy with his side kick that look someone in his 20's. There were great, friendly. They need a vacation. Thanks Free Breakfast, free drinks at 7, good selection of food. I really liked that the cooks will even make something that wasn't on the menu. Big bonus for that.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

New Year relaxation..
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

If I had to choose something I would say the cost, but it was less than other hotels. The bedroom was not as dark as I had hoped but that is because the T.V., clock etc. have lights. I just cover those up.

beautiful facilities. We loved the assortment at the breakfast buffet. The evening reception was fun and we really appreciated the drinks and snacks available. The suite was huge.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Sent a email to the hotel and never heard back. A little disappointed.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

We had no elevator the first day and had to go from the 8th floor to the 4th floor to find an ice machine that worked

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

I would definitely stay again.
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The staff was not very knowledgeable about tours or what was available for tours. Considering it was off season we could have used some help with what was available to do.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.the facilities were very nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Hotels location is great. It's between both sides of the family.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

One out of three elevators was in working condition. Long waits up and down. A/C in room was making a putt putt sound.

Renovations in dining area are very efficient and very user friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Basic amenities satisfactory but overpriced
    • Premium Suite

Sound proofing was inadequate. Bathroom usage by neighbors above and adjacent to our room was noisy on all counts at all times of the night. WiFi service though complimentary was inadequate for this room price. This was an overpriced hotel.

Space was adequate. Breakfast was good; staff were diligent.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Good spot for Beaverton, nice suites, decent gym for a hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Long waits to talk to staff at front desk, price is more expensive than staying in Portland.

Good spot for Beaverton, nice suites, decent gym for a hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

An oustanding experience that made me hate to leave
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

No books, magazines or local newspapers available on site.

Wonderful staff always willing to help. They went above and beyond to make certain I had a positive experience, and I very much appreciated it. Outstanding free breakfast with excellent homemade omelet bar. One of the waiters/bartenders makes superb classic martinis - ice cold.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Feeling like royalty
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We made 2 cups of coffee using the wonderful device. What wasn't so great was that we didn't have enough cream to go around....but it is nothing compared to how wonderful everything else was.

Felt pampered the entire stay. I called for more towels and they were delivered faster than any other place (even with the hotel being booked due to a weekend event). My favorite part were the pillows...like resting on a cloud...oh and the breakfast!

Elevators were not working properly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevators were not working properly. Commute time from upstairs to downstairs was too lengthy.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was amazing though. Did not want to leave at all
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows needed to be replaced

I loved all the food at the restaurant and the omelets we had for breakfast we're amazing

Free drinks and amazing breakfast

Free drinks and amazing breakfast

Meh
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking, wet floors all the time from the pool area. Long waits for the elevator. View

I love staying at the Embassy. I do a lot of staycations, and I always stay with you.

Food was ok..

Room was much bigger than expected. Was beautiful.

My fourth visit to this hotel and would be delighted to come again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful and the hotel is very attractive.

Stay here, you won't be disappointed!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complimentary full breakfast was excellent. Quiet room and plenty of space to move around. Staff is very helpful.

Loved everything about spot.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved everything about spot. The room, the breakfast, the internet, the parking, the staff, the morning paper, the coffee....I was very happy.

Very good

Hair dryer - very noisy

Breakfast and location

The room needs a update.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room needs a update. The hot cold in faucet didn’t work right. The bed needs new comforter. The shower head was hard to move.

Very comfortable.
    • Premium Suite

Bathroom design was wierd. No holder for toilet paper, shower door was installed backwards,wierd, but verw clean.

Great bed- very comfortable.

Entirely exceeded my expectations

more blankets.

The bed was so comfy!

The staff were helpful, friendly, very courteous!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The individual omelette was excellent as was the rest of the breakfast buffet!

Excellent in every wY!
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Love everything about this place

The best experience of our travels!

Can't think of a thing!

The staff was wonderful. All accommodations were great!

Great value

Elevators insufficient

Friendly

Comfortable bed

Comfortable bed

No free WiFi because we booked through Booking.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No free WiFi because we booked through Booking.com even though we are Hilton Honors members.

Across the street from Washington square mall, pool is great, rooms were great and comfortable

Suites are 2 room-master and living room with door separating them

Hard to find

Customer service

Disappointed...
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Did't get the room I thought I had reserved...

The breakfast...

Great staff. You should be so proud!!!! Will come again because of them.

Elevator. Too slow

Breakfast, happy hour, pillows

Great place to bring the family for your stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly, conveniently located to shopping, freeways and attractions.

The rooms are always large and well supplied.

Everything was good.

The rooms are always large and well supplied.