Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine 3 stars

1050 Westbrook Street, Portland, ME 04102, USA

#10 of 25 hotels in Portland

Was not given the room I booked.
    • Premium Queen Suite

Was not given the room I booked. Calls to front desk regarding yelling and running in the halls at 2am went unanswered. Arrival order was not received. Room was dusty.

Very good. Would stay again
    • Premium King Suite

Desk charges over and above fee in case you purchase incidentals? And then refunds the clerk said if not used. Not customer friendly process

Clean. Easy access. Great breakfast

What A Disaster.......
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Front desk staff doubled as the hotel shuttle driver. It wasn’t a warm and inviting reception upon arrival. When we finally checked in, we weren’t offered complimentary water that was provided to the other guests. The shuttle driver was very late picking us up from downtown and his apology wasn’t sincere given we were standing in the heat with no shade covering us. The decor was very dated. The room wasn’t cleaned thoroughly AND we left a tip for housekeeping. The same debris remained on the floor from the prior day and it was very dusty everywhere! The toilet wouldn’t flush Saturday evening even though it worked since our arrival. The repairman fixed it; however, he also wasn’t very friendly and he reeked of cigarettes. Upon checkout, they never asked if we enjoyed our stay. Overall, it was an EXTREMELY disappointing experience and I did not see the value! To charge $320 per night and not provide a level of service every guest expects at a minimum is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I should have received a rate adjustment!!! Other Embassy Suites I’ve stayed at were much cheaper AND their customer service was superb! I’m a seasoned traveler so I know what to expect with accommodations and they missed the mark completely!!! Get it together Embassy Suites in Portland, Maine! 🤨

Cassie at the front desk was pleasant and provided great recommendations for restaurants downtown. The very friendly gentlemen who was responsible for the omelet station at breakfast was great!!! The wait service at the restaurant on Saturday night was very attentive.

Awesome overall!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

I really had no time for “happy hour,” but noticed food rather skimpy - used to be more substantial awhile back. Most of us really don’t need more food, however.

The open wide space walking into hotel, the welcoming sitting area, the friendly bar, delicious hot breakfasts with a chef making omelettes to one’s liking, while the guest suites are extremely comfortable and offer much privacy.

We stayed here rather than pay for parking at the airport,...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We stayed here rather than pay for parking at the airport, only to find once we arrived that there was an "additional parking fee" of $80 on top of the room fee. Had we known that we would not have stayed here!

Overall not bad
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

The hotel had a band playing on a Sunday night until 10pm and my room wa pretty much right above the band and my room was loud. Having a 330am wake up for a flight on Monday morning I was not impressed. I called the front desk and all they said was the band would be stopping at 10pm.

Beautiful hotel. Clean room. Convenient

Overall a pretty good stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

I wanted to see about getting a earlier check in time so I called the hotel and said to call again the morning of check in which I did. The person said yes you can check in 2 hours early so we arrived 2 hours early and was there were no rooms available so we had to sit around in the lobby with 3 kids for 2 hours. The kids were allowed to use the pool so that was nice.

The property and the room.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We were not informed about a wrestling tournament and there were dozens of kids literally running through the halls until 11:30 at night. We were not able to use pool, sauna, or hot tub because of it. We stayed two nights and our room did not get cleaned. The facility was messier than usual.

The complimentary breakfast has more to chose from than any free breakfast in Portland.

I give this hotel a four-and-a-half
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

The only thing I didn't like was the pool wasn't warm for that clean in the hot tub felt like bath water

This property was well-maintained staff was excellent room was clean the view was excellent complementary snacks and drinks for a plus and their morning breakfast I'd give it a b

Portland embassy
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Managers reception too crowded no place to sit kids running around unattended. bumping into you. I thought it would have been more relaxing instead of a buffet at golden coral. I left my kids home so I could relax. fridge in room was off balanced or something so had to be careful when opening. rm.226

Free breakfast good size rooms

5/5 stars. Superb accommodations, great breakfast, and very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Check-in person (Tasha?) was wonderful, helpful, offered coupons (St Pat's day) for drinks. Room was very nice and very quiet, with comfy bed and digital climate control. Great shower. Breakfast was fantastic - custom-made omelettes, plus all the toasts/bagels/English muffins (unsliced - perfect!) bakery treats, fruit, melons, bacon etc..., lots of seating room - this would have cost the 3 of us $60+ elsewhere. Delicious. Proximity to airport is fantastic - 3 minutes to rental car return. Did I say Quiet? You wouldn't know the airport was right there if you didn't know.

This all suite hotel was comfortable and a great value for the cost.
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

The bedding would not stay on the bed during the night. It was a down comforter inside a duvet cover. Had to ask for a new comforter as one of them had no feathers in it. Some of the furniture had large scuff marks, couch had a stain and no hooks in the bath area to hang things. Hot tub was only luke warm.

All 2 room suites with separate bedroom area. Bonus was the microwave, mini fridge and sink in the living area. The free breakfast was pretty good and the nightly cocktail hour was great!

The staff was fantastic!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The price was a bit much.

The staff was fantastic! There were also phenomenal breakfasts with many options. There were a number of facilities and nice little extras.

Luv
    • Premium Queen Suite

I think the resturant meals are a bit pricey. If they were a bit better in price, there would be no reason to leave the hotel.

Riley checked us in and was so sweet. This is my favorite hotel and in the last year, I have come up there 5 times with different friends to show them what a fantastic hotel and location you are.

Very friendly staff, adequate room, great pool for exercise...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

A blizzard kept us inside the hotel the entire day, but that was not a problem here! Big breakfast, pool time, workout time, sipping coffee by the roaring fire watching Christmas movies, and wrapping up the day with a lovely happy hour and pizza from the on-site restaurant.

Very friendly staff, adequate room, great pool for exercise and a relaxing jacuzzi. Breakfast was delicious and abundant. Happy hour made us very happy!

Wish I could've stayed longer!
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

What a bonus to find out breakfast (not just complimentary) was available! And it was delicious. And the welcome apps and drink! Another plus. Room was spacious and bed was comfortable.

If you want to enjoy Portland, I recommend this hotel. It was incredibly close to everything
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

The "little" extra charges "just in case" was not clarified on the signage. I was charged approximately an extra $150 for "incidentals" through 3-4 extra charges. As a result, my card got turned off due to possible fraud, putting quite the damper on my experience They did not replenish the coffee after the first day

The bed was comfy. There were complementary drinks and happy hour pricing in the evening, as well as complementary breakfast.

Two insanely busy parents of 4 needed the night away!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Sadly, the heating unit in our bedroom was on the way out and woke us EVERY time it kicked on. We still had a good stay and will definitely go back since they said they were I'm the process of replacing all the heat systems.

The front desk clerks were SO sweet. Maxx cooked our breakfast perfectly and was so wonderful! The lobby is stunning, even being right next to the runway we didn't hear planes. The hotel was spotless as was our room.

Very clean, accessible to everywhere
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

The pool was foggy and had a green tint to it. The kids were a little bit nervous about getting in. I'm not sure if their pool light was on green or the pools painted green. It was a little yucky looking. We ordered 2 double drinks at the bar and it was $36. Over priced, But worst part was bartender squeezed the limes into our drinks instead of them just being garnish. We poured them out as soon as we got into our room. Gross!!!

Very modern

Great service, location, suite, and breakfast!
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

The bathroom (shower/tub and commode) was extremely small. The sink was outside of the bathroom, and it had a large counter top, large mirror and good lighting. However, the bathroom itself could barely fit a larger size person in it.

Very friendly and helpful staff at check-in and check-out. Manager's reception was offered in the evening, and this event provided beverages and some basic appetizers (crackers, cheese, veggies, tortilla chips). I liked the large lobby area, as it had a warm fireplace and bar and plenty of comfortable seating. A full custom-made breakfast was included in the price, and the restaurant and service were excellent. I found my suite to be clean, comfortable, and furnished nicely with flatscreen TVs in both the bedroom and living room. The closet included an extra blanket and pillow - two things I always want. The hotel is located on the same road as the airport and offers a shuttle, so it makes for very easy travel.

Looking forward to returning next year!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

That we couldn't stay longer!

We always enjoy coming to this hotel. The made to order breakfast and Managers Reception nightly are great and Chris the bar manager is the best!

The breakfast was amazing, the staff were very genuine,...
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

All the pillows were "fluffy" but turned completely flat when used. The hot tub wall had some purple like film

The breakfast was amazing, the staff were very genuine, friendly, and accomodating

Our stay was very enjoyable and the staff was extremely helpful with giving directions to the events
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have had more fruit.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had snack out when we arrived and after returning after dinner they had a different snack out. Nice treat.

Lovely suite was very comfortable.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My key didn't open my room several times. I had to go down to the office . The first time was because the employee put in the incorrect room number.

It was convenient to everything.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Everything in the room looked old. The building was loud and people next door screamed and yelled until 2:30 am. The microwave malfunctioned early in the morning and kept beeping loudly.

It was convenient to everything.

Exactly as I expected.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The heating and air system was the fan style and it was noisy.

Everything suited my needs from having a late dinner do to my late arrival to having a WSjJ to read at breakfast!

Great hotel, staff and services

Cocktail reception

Embusy Suites are always great. The best breakfast ever. The night cocktail party at this hotel was a bit lacking but is an airport location so I assume people do not stay over a night or two. The room was great. The had a wonderful shuttle that would pick you up from the airport or drop you off whenever - just ask! They also provided a shuttle service into downtown which was great. The staff was amazing with help about restaurants and places to visit!!!

Embassy Suites Portland Rocks!!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

There was nothing to complain about. Construction at the front but wasn't a big deal.

Loved this hotel!! The best breakfast ever! Very friendly staff. Love the "managers reception " Got to meet people. The room was bigger than expected and the bed was extremely comfortable!! Embassy suites are top on my list👍

2 hour reception 5 stars Breakfast 5 stars Early curfew 1 star
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

They have an outside fire pit they shut it down at 10 p.m. . Hotel was right next to the airport so if there was noise I think you would have heard the planes more than anybody around the fire pit if that's why they shut it down early. It was summer time wasn't quite clear why was such an early curfew.

Really enjoyed the two hour free drinks at the reception. Also loved the snacks provided during the reception. Love the made-to-order omelettes in the morning the breakfast buffet was good

Long Maine weekend
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Pool was too cold. Fabric in lobby was torn and live entertainment Monday night was too loud.

Real eggs used at breakfast. Apple turnovers were delicious and coffee was very good. Manager's Reception was also very well done.

Really impressed. Great value.
    • Premium Queen Suite

First time at this property and were thrilled with our stay. Very friendly staff; lovely, clean, well-stocked suite; free full breakfast; free daily happy hour; and within close proximity to downtown Portland. Great comfort and value!

Great experience!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

It was nice that the wi-fi was included, but it was very slow and I often had better luck just using my 3G. We also wished that they had stairs instead of having to use the elevator, since we were on the 2nd floor, it would have just been faster to take the stairs than wait for the elevator. No big complaints though!

We had a great experience here, the suite was clean and spacious, the complimentary breakfast was tasty and parking was really convenient. We were fewer than 10 minutes away from anywhere we wanted to go, great location!

Comfortable night
    • Two Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

What I did not like was that if you are providing bottled water in a room. I would expect it to be free. We were charged $2.50 for a bottle of water that is usually $1.00 in the grocery store. The whole point is if you are going to charge do not put it in the room. People will believe that it is included if it's in there. I just found that to be ridiculous.

The room was awesome. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Booked this hotel to catch an early plane out in the morning.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Booked this hotel to catch an early plane out in the morning. Complimentary "made to order" breakfast was great. The location was close and convenient to Portland's Jetport.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and "in between". This is my hotel for future stay
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

I felt somewhat uncomfortable with the presence of children in the bar area. The complimentary snacks were too opened. Some guests were using their hands to handle the food. The refrigerator in my room was somewhat dirty and warm.

The suite was very spacious and clean overall. The nightly rate was great. The complimentary breakfast was amazing. Absolutely, delicious.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Liked managers reception in evening
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Early continental breakfast was pretty bad. We had to leave before regular breakfast and were disappointed with the bare bones offering

Liked managers reception in evening

Great place to stay!
    • Premium Queen Suite

We really enjoyed the "happy hour"! There happened to be a power outage (which affected not only the hotel but surrounding area) during their happy hour and they ended up serving sandwiches along with the "munchies" during that time! Also, breakfast the next morning was excellent! Their made to order omelets were really good!

Super great hotel to stay at any reason
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Difficult to wish anything better. Everyday additions of the bottle of fresh water, very good wifi connection. All my stay at the hotel was perfect.

Everything was exceptionally good. Rooms are very spacey, clean and convenient. View, even not faced to the airport, was amazing. Room was very light, equipped with all necessary gadgets like fridge, coffee and tea making equipment. The hotel is really quiet despite it's being very near the airport. No additional noise from landing planes. Very covienient place to arrive by car or by plane. Easy get by foot or use hotel transfer services. Very good choice for breakfast. Real tasty coffee, freshly made omelette with any addition to your liking. Plenty choices of fruits. And really nice invitation to evenings for glass of wine or drink.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Friendly, Warm, Great Energy
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

It was perfect for us since we arrived so late in the evening. Being able to have breakfast right in the hotel was an added bonus. I especially appreciated being able to rest more until noon which was the check out time. Overall, we have enjoyed are stay in the state of Maine.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

great stay
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

I booked the room for 129.00 it was 140.61 after tax got the bill in the morning and it was 160 something. they refunded the 20+ dollars but i wasn't happy that they tried to bill me more. Keep your conformation email on your booking that way staff like that doesn't happen and always check your bill before leaving.

room was very nice we liked all the space. very quiet. love the noon check out, morning breakfast and the live music they had on a Monday night playing in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great Portland Escape
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Location is a bit out of the way if you're looking to explore the city.

The staff here was great! The manager's reception is wonderful, with snacks and cocktail specials every evening. We booked a suite, which had a separate sitting room and bathroom - it was clean and very quiet. Overall a great stay. We will be back!!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Excellent rate and comfortable stay
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Heating was at times noisy.

There was a large group of kids there,but once I closed the door...silence! Very spacious rooms. Close to shopping and dining. Next door to airport...but not a problem...heard 1 plane during my stay.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Charge CC $77 more for "incidentals" but neglect to let the customer know!
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Don't charge $77.61 extra without notifying the customer! You get it back in a few business days(maybe), but that $ is not in your bank account if you need it! Noisy all night and overcrowded. Good luck getting a table for breakfast. Is there a camera in pool area or what?

Good custom-made omelet. Free drinks 5:30-7:30pm.

Greatest hotel in Portland, Maine
    • Two Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Love the free breakfast buffet with eggs to order and the nightly drinks and snacks. My wife and I love this place and stay here every time we go to Portland.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

We've stayed at Embassy Suites before but this hotel is not up to their high standard
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms were too small, both double beds were in the same room yet this was supposed to be a suite, lack of pre-arrival inspection; broken door handle and coat hangers for example.

Not much except the manger's welcome reception.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Happy 10th Anniversary
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Other guests running up and down the hallways (kids).

Friendly check-in personnel. Answered questions and provided information. The chef that made our eggs for breakfast was awesome. Love the managers reception too. Great value for the money!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Super close to airport but fine
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Runway literally outside my window. No planes that night so quiet but super close!!

Have managers reception w cocktails amd food, breakfast ok staff nice

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Booked wrong city and was denied refund request minutes later.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

I thought I was booking a Portland Oregon when in fact it was Portland Maine. I asked to cancel the reservation ten minutes after booking and was told I would be charged. I will dispute this my bank card company.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great homemade omelettes and breakfast buffet at no charge,...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Great homemade omelettes and breakfast buffet at no charge, and great happy hour with complimentary food. We always enjoy the hot tub, and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

great staff, breakfast and happy hour; but facility is worn, dated and needs an update
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

corridors and rooms smelled musty. needs an update of carpets, furniture and colors - dated and worn.

great staff, breakfast and complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Beautiful hotel.
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

That our reservation couldn't be found. 45 min phone wait. Was given a room with a king. We needed two beds, that's what I reserved. Luckily they had a room for us.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

We loved the very comfy couch and bed.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hallway had a slight cigarette smoke smell to it, though the room was fine.

We loved the very comfy couch and bed. The complimentary happy hour drink and breakfast were excellent. Best hotel breakfast I've had in a long time.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Good Spot Close to Airport
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

The suite is oddly configured so that guests walk through a narrow passageway attached to the bathroom in order to move from the living room to the bedroom. The toilet and tub are squeezed together uncomfortably

Great staff, very helpful. Airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

All in all a great hotel....
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Room Safe could have worked the first time, shower head might not have leaked and refrigerator might have been noticed to be unstable (all repaired, but all present upon check in).

Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Staff took care of problems immediately

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Most convenient location!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

We arrived by plane at midnight and this was an excellent location. Super close to the airport but no loud plane noises! Breakfast was delicious! Plus having a quick shuttle was perfect!!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Pricey location
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Breakfast starts too late for travelers. Bedroom layout is horrible. Walk from living room through bathroom to get to bedroom.

The happy hour was nice and bed comfortable

Awesome
    • Non-Smoking Double Non-Airport View Suite

Great breakfast and happy hour. Nice gym

The pillows are extra soft.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

The pillows are extra soft. The breakfast was excellent.

It was an excellent stay
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

Could not get the WIFI to work

The price, the pool, jaccuzi and food

Great value

Upgrade, hot tub, breakfast

Best experience

Service, location, prize

Thought it was closer to downtown Portland

Thought it was closer to downtown Portland

We found the facility to be an excellent place for an overnight stay. The 5th floor was quiet.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

One bed pillow smelled of mildew.

Excellent full breakfast.

That we had to pay $2.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

That we had to pay $2.50 extra for a bottle of water.... I’ve been to many hotels where they supply you bottled water at no extra cost.

Breakfasts were really good
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfasts were really good Staff were very friendly and helpful

It was a great stay.

It was a great stay.

Memerorable to say the least.
    • Two Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is above and beyond. One of the main reason of my stay. Did not get a chance to enjoy the happy hour, but will return very soon.

It's like being at home.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite Airport View

My only complaint is the coffee. Can you please get a better quality coffee.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was a little weird.

Had a wonderful breakfast with a great amount of selection. The room was amazing, much better than expected.

Embassy port

Service is great

Last minute stay

Little expensive.

The breakfast was great.

I’ll definitely stay there again
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was a little chopped up but clean

Great staff, location and breakfast

Browse Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine traveller photo gallery