Reviews of Embassy Suites Raleigh - Crabtree 4 stars

4700 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 27612, USA

#46 of 68 hotels in Raleigh

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Fire alarm first morning at 4 30.....crying baby next door the next morning at 3am....didnt get more than 3 hours sleep either night

Axis restaurant was excellent. Breakfast and happy hour was great.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The room didn't smell fresh, one ottoman had a little stain, and the water came out muddy when I first turned it on.

I liked that it had a inside swimming pool, updated gym, and a omelette bar for breakfast. The decor through the hotel was beautiful.

See above

Breakfast great.Room was exceptional.However; Very noisy hotel from lobby on up to my 8th floor. Kids screaming and playing, running and jumping way past midnight on a night when you lose 1 hour sleep anyway.Its hard to feel romantic with kids EVERYWHERE.Maybe it's better in that respect on a weekday. Also, I requested room away from elevators. Clerk assured me 834 was a ways down from the elevator.Untrue! I will not stay here again. It is unfortunate, such a lovely hotel.please tell the housekeepers they are OUTSTANDING at what they do!

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Happy hour was limited drinks. I've never has that at any other embassy suites.

Suites offer room and privacy for larger groups. Plenty of seating without having to sit on the bed.

The outside elevataor was out of order which caused my son and I extra trips to carry luggage from the parking lot...

The complimentary breakfast was great with a lot of variety... The staff was s accommodating and helpful when I decided to stay an extra night...

For what we pay, you can afford name brand cereals!!! You ran out of trash liners! Shower entrance was weird but at least I could take one! Your Atlanta location gave more than 2 complimentary drinks! Lol

Complimentary drinks & cozy environment

I would have appreciated a phone or SMS message notifying me about changing my room due to maintenance issues.

Peaceful atmosphere. Warm and friendly staff. Upgraded to a room with a great view and excellent accommodations.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

carpets were old and dirty, rooms showing some wear. I would like to see the desk be more observant about putting families with little kids beside families with no kids.

beds and pillows were perfect for me

• One-Bedroom Premium King Suite

The scrambled eggs were kinda watery and had no flavor but the made to order omelette made up for it. There was also a fire drill or maybe somebody pulled the fire alarm so everyone had to exit the building.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was awesome loved the glass door! The TV sizes were great as well one was in the sitting area and the other in the room had a little bar area as well.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The full size beds should be queens. This is ashame since you just remodeled this venue. The full size bed for two is awful!!!! I probably won't stay again because of the size of the beds. I needed two queens not 2 fulls.

The spacious room, how clean it was, and the staff. Breakfast was awesome.

The elevator was "out of order" by the time we returned from out outing and had to wait 20 min for security to take us up the service elevator. I was not a fan of the new decor. The inside is stark white and is reminiscent of a sanitarium. One of our rooms smelled like mildew so we did not spend much time in it. The shower stall door setup doesn't make sense to me. The only door is located away from the faucet so you have to step into the shower, walk up to the faucet, turn the water on and get wet in the process of waiting for the water to heat up.

Breakfast was delicious. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Both elevators went out. We were on the 4th floor. We were put in a handicap room, a mirror was missing. The air conditioning did not work properly in the room or hotel. The vending machine stopped working. The ice machine was not giving out ice it poured out water. The pool water was cloudy. Although this trip was not the best we have had good stays at this location I guess this weekend was a dub.

Complimentary happy hour. And the upgrades to the hotel, and the complimentary breakfast.

was upset when I found out because I booked through booking.com I don't get my hotel points, thus I won't be using booking.com again! Also wasn't allowed to upgrade my room. hotel restaurant hours were too limited and price of food very high

convenient property and good parking - helpful front staff

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Wish there was an outdoor pool or a hot tub on site.

The breakfast was absolutely amazing every day. The free drinks at the nightly reception was also a nice addition. The entire property overall is truly high class and resembles a 5 star hotel. I look forward to going back in the future.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

This is my second stay at an embassy suites within the last 6months. Both times at check in they sent me to a room that was already occupied. I find this dangerous as to walking in on someone, especially with my child.

I love the accommodations of a Hilton affiliated hotel.

We switched rooms three times. First two rooms didn't have hot water. They also only accomodated two people so we had to request more of everything as we booked a room for four people. Our third room, the A/C was broken. There were people screaming and slamming things all night long, which kept our baby awake. We called to file a noise complaint and nothing was resolved. We always stay at Embassy Suites when we travel, but this hotel was unlike any Embassy Suites and I can't believe it has the name on the building. Very disappointing.

The beds were comfortable. The lobby was pretty.

That I wasnt informed about a 250 dollar deposit if i pay with cash and a 50 deposit when i pay with card the guy told me it was in the hotel policies but i cant seem to find that

That the lamps had usb connection omg i love it

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I paid good Morning for a suite and ended up being uncomfortable along with my children because the a.c didn't work so the room was over heated the entire stay. I ended up booking another room the same night just to be a little more comfortable...half of us stayed in the "hot room " and the other half (small children) stayed in the room added that evening ...Staff was not helpful

No Complaints

I loved absolutely everything from the complimentary happy hour to breakfast the from scratch made omelets were great. the room was nice size and clean the amenities were well thought out and plentiful and staff service was superb from beginning to end.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The restaurant does not serve lunch and dinner.

Spacious room and bathroom! I had a bedroom and a separate living room with a mini-bar, microwave and a small sink. it is located in walking distance to a shopping mall. During Happy hour they serve a drink and snacks for free.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Frustrated that notes were not made on reservations- i.e. I requested and confirmed late check out Bc of my meeting schedule and the desk called my mother to ask if we were extending our stay when we hadn't checked out on time. Now, once she explained that we had requested and confirmed our late check out all was well but her anxiousness could have been avoided by the person making the note in the reservation

The hotel is gorgeous and very well appointed with comfort and convenience in mind.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The remodel is the ultra modern, not the warm inviting look I've grown accustomed to. The omelet station was being cooked by inexperienced cedar employees, I think. They weren't good. There's no place in the exterior to relax. The decor is minimal. No plants to warm up the sterile looking space.

The location was close to the mall. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Didn't like the fact people next door was very drunk and kept me and my husband up. When we did fall asleep they were very loud cursing and about to fight I had to call the front desk which was my 3rd time

Loved the new renovations

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Still under renovation & warning tape in some areas, no plants or greenery, kind of looked like a prision in the hall area, priced kinda high for it to be still under construction, also the toilet broke during my stay

Cleanliness, nice decor

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The water temperature was Luke warm and the warmest. My wife and I could not even shower after a busy and tiring day. It wasn't any better in the morning, so we had to go home and shower before we left for our honeymoon.

The room was new and well decorated. The staff left my wife and I a little tray of candy as it was our wedding night.

Room was great, just felt a little swindled bc nothing was mentioned about the major renovations going on that made pool inaccessible and restaurant very poor. My complaint isn't the hotel just lack of disclosure.

Room was great,

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

no hot water, had to pay for internet per night when the room was already over $150 a night room smelled like paint bc of remodeling drill noises early mornings

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Didn't realize was under construction . No room service , AC unit shut off early morn . Stay at embassy suites many times . Hilton honors member . Totally disappointed

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

we should have been told that this venue was under renovation...it was noisy and everything smelled of cement and drywall..We never would have stayed here had we known such an extensive renovation was going on. Check -in was on the second floor in a room with three small computers, the breakfast area was a joke..and there was no hot water in our room and we were told to run the water for 20 minutes. There was dust everywhere. I was extremely disappointed. For the amount of money we paid for the one night and the condition of the hotel, I was extremely upset.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The hotel is under a total rehab so it was very noisy. Check in was painful and they couldn't find my reservation. The air conditioning in the room leaked and the floor was wet.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Premium King Suite

There was no note saying there was construction, one of outlets did not work, water was splashing out all the faucets & shower head, coffee machine had an old little cup inside for tea or coffee and one of the phones had a shortage in it. I left notes to let them know. Also they charged me twice for a $2.50 soda. I really think I needed a discount for all that stuff.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This hotel is a building site. Access was via a one way system where we frequently encountered contrsactors vehicles either badly parked, driving the wrong way or parked .Entrance to the hotel was also very poor thru a back door from the parking garage into a narrow corridor which contractors on the renovation were frequently working and so the corridor was partially blocked and often dusty. A similar situation existed in the lifts and on through those parts of the hotel where the very temporary restaurant and bar were located. The pool was closed and the restaurant closed earlier than stated in the information pack in the room with no prior notification and there was no room service. This is a summary of what we experienced- the only saving grace was how hard the staff were working to try to keep things running under what I believe were impossible conditions for delivering a satisfactory service in a reasonable hotel.

Nothing worth commenting on.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

We used this hotel for five years It was under construction this time just as a haunted hotel we don't understand why we paid d the full fair regardless the noise

nothingvreallt

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The hotel was under serious renovations that were not explained to us when we booked the trip. The pool was not functioning and if you wanted to swim, you would have needed to take a shuttle to an off-site area. The dust from the renovation didn't help with my child's asthma- again, it would have been nice to know about all these renovations when we booked.

The room was nice. The bed felt like a cloud. The staff was polite, even the construction workers.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

This hotel is under MAJOR reconstruction, so much so it shouldn't be open for business. We broke out in bumps and immediately began itching when we got to our room. There was insulation and tools and dust and dirt throughout. Our idea of renovations is maybe a floor or so at a time, but not only 3 floors open to the public and open view of the work being done. This was the worst experience ever. Please don't confuse this experience with Embassy Suites. The hotel chain is very upscale but this location should have closed for these renovations or more like a complete overhaul. I'm positive it will be great in the end, at least I hope so.

The opportunity to check-out

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Hotel was undergoing a complete renovation and Booking.com didn't warn us. Paid top dollar to stay in a construction site. Construction dirt/debris, smell everywhere. Stayed in one of the few renovated rooms and even that did not have an air-conditioning unit that worked properly.

Nothing, sorry to say.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

We know the renovations are necessary and temporary but they were much more extensive than reported. Noise of riveting overhead while in room one morning. Walking on sticky floor where carpeting was pulled up. Notice slipped under door another day about water being shut off due to work being done. Normally breakfast is served in the atrium which is currently gutted but it was not obvious where they moved it to. Sorry we booked here this time. We have always stayed at this Embassey while in Raleigh but are now considering other hotels. This stay was disappointing due to construction but what really bugs me on every stay is that it still does not offer free wifi. This is a huge inconvenience these days and it is not worth paying extra to use it for the little time we are in the hotel. Almost every other hotel in the area offers free wifi. Other than that, the finish on the tub was very slippery and they are really getting stingy with the tiny little shampoo and conditioner bottles. They are very difficult to squeeze out the contents and not really enough for two people. I had to buy a bottle of shampoo at a local grocery store as a back up.

Embassy suites is the place we always stay when we are in Raleigh. We like the room set up with bedroom separate from sitting area as well as having small fridge for restaurant leftovers and bringing in our own snacks and bottles of water. Silly as it may seem, I like that the hangars are not the kind that are permanently attached to the bar like some hotels have. This makes it much easier for hanging clothes in closet. Iron and ironing board was useful this time too.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

This hotel is under major construction! For the price that I paid it was completely outraged by the noise, the inconvenience, the filth from the construction,and thw horrible front desk staff who couldn't seem to locate my reservation. It was completely ridiculous and I was flat out lied too by the hotel front desk clerk. She called me to inform me that they were doing construction but that it would not interrupt my stay. That was a lie. There was no jacuzzi no swimming pool, dust and flying crap floating thru the air upsetting my sinus issues.....it was ridiculos and then the hotel refused to discount the price and advised there was nothing they could do about anything. I will never stay at this location again.

The breakfast as well as the breakfast staff were great! They were always friendly and smiling and so willing to help.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I understood when I booked that the hotel was under construction. How ever when I check into my room there was plaster all over the tub. I called roomservice and they came and cleaned it. Ileft my room for about 20 minutes,only tto return to five me four sitting on the furniture in the living area and one in the bathroom yet again Drilling a hole in the ceiling. Once again I understand the construction on the hotel. But not in a room when it is occupied. I informed Eric (Staff) when I was checking out and he reduced my room by twenty dollars. I still feel that this was uncalled for when a room is occupied. Needless to say I did not stay a secound night. I booked in another hotel.

The lay out of the room was very nice. Staff was friendly,but not overly. And the location was great. Also enjoyed the breakfest.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

The hotel was under construction and no one mentioned that ifound out upon my arrival. The noise was loud from the construction first thing you heard on a Saturday morning.

The room was very nice and spacious very cleanthe staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The water was lukewarm when showering. Additionally, we were unable to use the swimming pool due to renovations.

The suite was roomy and clean.The breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Had we not been given the reduced price we would have gone elsewhere, but with that we were most happy to stay even with all the construction going on.

tho the hotel was being remodeled. we got a reduced price and we were comfortable and most impressed with the breakfasts.. omelets were outstanding as was all the food and friendly service.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

No one said that the hotel was being remodeled I would have never booked if I known that

It would have been a great day but they were working at the hotel so it was being remodeled you couldn't really enjoying is a facilities

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The pool was closed despite both booking.com and the hotel voicemail stating the pool was open from 10 July The emergency evacuation alarm went off FIVE times overnight - no sleep was possible and our children were distressed There was no hot water This was quite possibly the worst hotel stay have ever experienced - understand there was construction going on however these issues were separate to that

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Construction Called ahead and told pool would be open but it wasn't Poor housekeeping Too much money for what you get Air conditioning broken

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The renovations made it difficult to get around the facility.

Fun and friendly staff great breakfast! Loved loved loved chef Anthony. Nothing is more refreshing than to see/meet someone who loves their job. 😘😂😂

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Hotel is going through a very extensive construction and it does effect the hotel greatly.

Staff did do an outstanding job however, things could have gone better.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

This property is under major renovations. It would have been good to know this prior to checking in. However our funds were non-refundable.

The staff made our stay quite enjoyable. The service was friendly and professional with a personal touch!

room so cold

location near shopping mall

Breakfast was super

Happy hour

price for rooms

looks

I didn’t like the fact that my pillows was dirt. They didn’t never change them before

I love the breakfast the lobby and how they had things sit up

The bed was amazing! The food was great as well!

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

My room wasn't as clean as it should be

It was nice and comfortable

nA

The bed was amazing I slept like a baby

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The parking lot was to small and the people that parked in the parking deck took up two spaces. Maybe they could monitor that better.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast was good and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The bathroom had no vent

The French toast was incredible.

Toilet seat was dangerously loose. And bathroom was bit small

There was nothing I didn't like.

Conveniently located to venues visited. First class accommodations.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly. The hotel was clean and located across the street from multiple eateries and shops.

Great location, right across from the mall and awesome restaurants. Super comfortable bed.

Very clean room and hotel all around

Great breakfast comfortable bed

The air in my room was broken and it was a bit uncomfortable

We couldn’t stay longer

We always stay with you, and will stay again. Friendly people and location was perfect.

The staff was a little stand offish but nice

The bed was super comfy. The room was decorated nicely. The food was dekicious

Clean and enjoyable

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The staff was real nice, and the snacks and drinks was real good, I enjoy the breakfast.

Location was right where I wanted to be. Great value. No problems encountered. Would book again.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Everything! Embassy Suites has never let me down like other hotels.

Atmosphere also the room was perfect clean and the bed was so comfortable staff had great attitudes

Can't complain

The room was a great size for me and my family. Also the breakfast was delicious