Reviews of Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade 3 stars

100 Capitol Mall, Downtown Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA

#10 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Somehow the room got very warm and stuffy. Didn't notice it until late at night and then not sure how the air was regulated. Guess it was partly my fault. But room seemed very stuffy. Plus I didn't realize we had to pay for parking.

The staff was great and very accommodatingThe bed was very comfortable and the bathroom nice. The layout of the room accommodated the three of us nicely. Although the sofa bed as pretty hard. Needed a thicker mattress pad.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Beds and pillows were very soft, so not good for the back and neck.

Room was not ready (we were early) so had lunch on the patio. Got there at 1:55pm but our server said it was no problem to get something to eat. She was very accommodating and helpful.

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

I called and asked about shuttle and they said, yes. When I called for shuttle it was too late and too early. I was disappointed. Desk needs to know times for shuttle.

Close to train station. Room was nice and comfortable. Bartender Bob was terrific!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that nobody made me aware of the parking fees until I arrived. Caught me off guard.

Loved the convenience of the location as its proximity to Old Sac. Great atmosphere and gotta love the free drinks Happy Hour.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't ready at 4:00 so we had to scramble to get to our scheduled event. Also, we had asked to get a room near another group of friends. The person that checked us in had no knowledge of that, even though we had asked twice in the days prior to our stay. Also, we reserved the room for four people, but there were three towels and three drinking glasses.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool was pretty cold! They should heat it more it was really difficult to get into and stay in.

Everything was really great and perfect for the family. There is a old steam train that runs on the weekends right side the hotel which my little boys LOVED.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub were small and busy.

The hotel was exactly what you expect from an Embassy Suites. Nice comfortable clean rooms. With a beautiful lobby and a great atmosphere. The location was awesome within walking distance to the train museum and all the old town Sacramento attractions.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they'd have some designated "adults only" hours for the pool & whirlpool. Both pool & whirlpool are small so when overrun by kids it was difficult to enjoy.

The Cafe was excellent! Location was great for being a "tourist" for sightseeing Old Sacramento. Staff were always kind, friendly, and helpful.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

First the front desk when checking in gave us a room on the second floor which is the noisiest floor. I made reservations well in advance So should have been in the higher floor. They changed the floor but gave a room that did not have 2 double beds that was on the reservation so back to the front desk. I also ordered the snack treats for the room but they didn't have them and said due to fine print that not always available. I got the feeling because I did reservation through booking.com I got less service rather than through them. I even got there at 2pm and was not upset that I would be getting a room at 4pm and I knew this before hand. My family having been going to embassy suites every year for 10 years so not as excited about it anymore

The location to old Sacramento is excellent. The breakfast in the morning was good but the amount of people having it meant food ran out or the ability to keep up with it crowd was difficult. Room service was great and the gentleman with the luggage was great.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Still a bit confused about the payment process. The gentleman at the check in desk was confusing but I’ll figure it out later today when we check out

Restaurant, room, staff, all excellent!

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

The entry is ridiculous. It is so cold because of no revolving door. Or a vestibule. Even the staff was wearing coats and scarves. I sat in the bar area and was cold because of the door always open and the cold wind blowing in.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Valet was pricey. I moved my car the the garage across the street the next day... it was half the price. Would have loved to have known that prior to arriving and paying for valet. I had problems with the alarm clock and missed my morning workout before my meeting. Would have loved to workout after I “checked out” that day and after my meeting but they said no. Left a sour taste in my mouth, otherwise would have been 100% positive.

Happy hour and breakfast.

• Concierge King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

coffee was not good, i ordered a caramel frappuccino but it had no taste

Breakfast was great, even though the cook had no egg whites he made it happen for my grand girl-she loves egg whites.

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

It was very crowded with several events in progress. Seemed like a lot of junior high aged kids.

It's a very nice hotel at a very good location. They have a free wine, beer, and cocktail reception every evening. The hotel was very crowded, but rooms were nice and peaceful.

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

The Starbucks coffee (mocha) was horrible at the hotel restaurant. I was so excited to see you had it and ordered it and it was horrible tasting. We also had a piece of cheesecake from there and it was not very good.

Everything was great. The service at the front desk was very polite. The room was very clean. Hotel was in a perfect location.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was one area that smelled like someone tried to smoke pot

What is provided for the price exceeded my expectations- staff was very helpful with providing suggestions as to local sites to visit. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

GREAT LOCATION, BEAUTIFUL ROOM WITH COMFY BED & RIVER VIEW, FRIENDLY STAFF, AND EXCELLENT BUFFET. A VERY SHORT WALK TO OLD SACRAMENTO AND THE AMAZING RAILROAD MUSEUM. TWO DAYS WERE NOT LONG ENOUGH... WE'LL BE BACK!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The daily parking rate was excessive

The views of the drawbridge and capital building were remarkable and the proximity to Old Sacramento couldn't be better.

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

The mattress was a little stiff for me I know everyone prefers something different, a sleep number bed would be excellent that way everyone can be accommodated.

• Premier Suite

4 people in our room but only 3 bath towels. 1 very small shampoo. No pillows in the closet for the couch bed. We had to take them from the bed. And lastly the pool was small for such a large facility.

The staff were great! The steaks were cooked just right. All of the food we had during our stay was wonderful!

• Premier Suite

There was something wrong with the toilet. It needed to be unstuck/unplugged twice. On the second time the toilet overflowed all over the bathroom floor. Ugg!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The refrigerator and fan in the room were very loud. Next time I will unplug the fridge.

Johnny at the front desk provided excellent service. He followed up with us to make sure our room was to our satisfaction. Thank you Johnny!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was really uncomfortable. The coffee maker didn’t work. They only offer valet parking unless you figure out yourself that you can park across the street. I felt that the man at reception could have been more communicative. I am not used to paying a $50 incidentals fee when I show up.

Nice view. Enjoyed the pools. Clean room.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpets were dirty, rooms a bit warn. Thought it was pricey for what you got. Not clear until got their the price of parking and fees and taxes.

Location, easy to walk to Old Town. Near the river. Nice lobby. Staff helpful. Liked that the room was cool and no air conditioning noise.

• Concierge King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was frigid....way to cold for elderly people but great for screaming kids...sarcasm. The children at the hotel were overwhelmingly rude, loud, and unsupervised by their parents. Ruined my wish to have a swim or a quiet breakfast.

Nice breakfast and wonderful staff everywhere....very helpful and friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Was hoping to get a room on the upper levels (5+), but only got the third level. My experience could’ve have been better if the room was atleast I’m the fifth floor.

Breakfast was accommodated. The personnel chefs for breakfast made the stay excellent!

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very noisy at night (until well after 11 pm and before 5 am). The charges for wi-fi and parking were ridiculous. The crowds at the breakfast were so bad it was impossible to find a seat and the wait for hot food was too long. Would not stay at this hotel again for any price.

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and enjoy the river view. I will not stay there again.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The room was small, plain and a little outdated. However, it was neat and clean.

Delicious omlettes! Breakfast overall was great! Great happy hour drinks! Excellent staff! Beautiful reception, atrium and common areas. Located in the center of shopping, attractions, entertainment and dining.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Hotel is loud, I could hear the people talking and tv in the neighboring rooms and people outside of the room. Also I wasn't aware there a train that passes by somewhat frequently

Good location, comfortable bed and friendly helpful staff

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

There is a bit of noise from the River Walk - especially the train - but it IS the city, so...

Staff was pleasant and accommodating. The complimentary happy hour and breakfast buffet were a nice addition to the stay. The beds/bedding were super comfortable. Hotel was very clean. Location was literally by the bridge that leads into the main part of downtown on the River Walk and is a short walk to Old Town Sacramento.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

$30 a night for parking + tips is a bit steep! You can park across the street in a public car park but that's a bit of a pain. I guess this is how they pay for the happy hour. It's a very big impersonal hotel and whilst we were there Guns & Roses were playing nearby so the hotel was full. We asked for a king size bed and booked a king sized bed and got two single beds - hated that!

The room was large and well equipped. Happy hour was actually for 2 hours and instead of buy one get one free everything was free including snacks. The kids in our party enjoyed the indoor pool (please note it is small so only suitable for kids).

I think the evening dinner menu could have more choices for meals.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. You didn't hear the noise of other guests coming and going. I enjoyed the build your own omelet for breakfast and the other breakfast selections.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The $30 valet with no other choice of parking.

Loved everything about the hotel, but spending an extra $30 on valet and seemingly no other choice was a bit of a surprise and disappointment.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a beautiful hotel and we stayed for three days. Our suite was of two rooms, one with a dining table and there was a kitchen area with the usual facilities. Our room had a wide view of the street at the front of the hotel. The hotel is right on the riverfront and there is a promenade along the river. Each evening there is a happy hour when the drinks (all drinks) are free, although some people did not realise this and were paying for drinks at the bar. All the room's entrances and walkways outside overlooked the enormous roof height lounge/atrium area which was beautifully furnished. The beds were super comfortable. The hotel is very close to the Old Town and for seafood lovers, Joe's Crab Shack nearby is unbelievable! A great place to stay in California's capital city which is about 70 miles from San Francisco. An excellent breakfast buffet was included, hot and cold. All the staff were fantastic, so helpful, friendly and good natured. You can get there from SF by train or Greyhound bus.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was not supervised, so older kids/young adults dominated loudly, causing waves that made it tough for families w/ young kids to enjoy ourselves. I recommend that staff look in regularly, and that signage be posted saying Be respectful of small children in the pool, No cannonball jumping, etc.

Clean rooms, good breakfast, proximity to restaurants.

• Concierge King Suite - Non-Smoking

No parking options were valet 30 or public 24

We live in area and booked the hotel for my daughters wedding. We checked in late and they were accommodating and friendly when we did

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff could use some work. There was an issue with my reservation and instead of offering to help they told me to call booking.com myself to sort it out. Turned out to be their mistake but offered no apology. That was disappointing.

Breakfast was great. The location is fantastic and the bed was really excellent!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

30 dollars valet parking for 4 nights when the car did not move I think a better offer should be made. The hotel is busy and well used the furniture is ready for an update.

Good location nice facilities friendly staff.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice room . . . quiet, even though right by freeway. We were going to see Lady Gaga, needed something kind of quick to eat. Embassy Suites Bar/Lounge had a great burger menu, and we both had a mushroom/swiss burger . . .beautifully done and served.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Convenient for airport and next to shopping mall with food court Spacious rooms Modern decor Tea, coffee, popcorn and nice toiletries provided Breakfast included Small outdoor pool (fenced off)

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very crowded and short of food. Also not very understandable about what was included.

Comfortable bed and large clean room. Staff was very friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I like outdoor pools, but the one at ES looked fine The room AC was a little intense. Seemed to be two options: freezing or off

two separate rooms - good for sleeping child breakfast and happy hour! adjacent to Old Town and the riverfront nice decor friendly staff

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking VERY EXPENSIVE, $60.00 for two days is awful, WIFI should be free, take the lead and just have a password. Tables for Breakfast/evening very small and by no stretch of the imagination accommodates the number of quests staying at hotel, even in shifts! Renovate this area use square and rectangle tables, easier to seat more people. Currently at Lynnwood, WA Embassy Suites, take a lesson from them on how to redo lobby, tables etc. Very nicely done, even while under construction.

I would suggest calling embassy @ the river personally and request a balcony looking over river you don't have that option booking online. The view breathtaking. Made for beautiful mornings and romantic evenings. Breakfast in the cafe, awesome except go early super crowded but staff did everything they could to keep us going. No slacking here on service they all go above and beyond. From valet, to your luggage and check-in, to accommodations. Great location right on the river on the promenade. Look for the crazy electronic light up cycle cruisers on the waterfront at night, they are great, very entertaining, never seen anything like them. Nice touch. You will enjoy your time here and sleep well.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I am totally disgusted with the mandatory valet parking at $30 a day. I had no access to my car unless I had a valet drive it out in order to retrieve items. This isn't Las Vegas where you have to gouge your customers of their hard earned money and penalize them for driving to your hotel.

As a Hilton Honors Member I try to stay at Embassy Suites Hotels when available because I like the nice clean large rooms and sofa bed. The room and beds are very comfortable and have all of the expected amenities available. Complementary cook to order breakfast in the morning and "Happy Hour" in the afternoon are a real bonus. This hotel had a nice restaurant with room service for a decent price and is with in easy walking distance to old town Sacramento and the stadium.

No complaints.

My partner and I enjoyed our stay at the Embassy suites in Sacramento, CA. The staff were professional, friendly and accurate. Room was clean, spacious, and gorgeous. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the drinks the night before. We are planning our next stay at the Embassy suites in Napa in august-Excellent there too.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Premier Suite

Loud morning noises from bridge and train. I believe during the weekends only.

Great location in Downtown Sacramento, easy check-in and check-out. No hassles.

• Concierge King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had our bags in storage. When we handed in our tickets and instructed them to load our vehicle they left 2 items behind. We only discovered this when we got to San Francisco. Cost us 150$ to retrieve them. A lesson learnt.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The only multi bed option are double beds. For a family of five, it's very uncomfortable to not have two queen beds plus the pullout couch. No two adults can comfortably sleep in a double bed! Also the toiletries were very cheap and basic. And they only put two full size towels in our suite.

Like the layout of the bedroom with some space between that and the front room for privacy.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

Overpriced. Told we would get text when our room was ready but that did not happen. Sticky tables and awful wine at manager's reception. Terrible thermostats. For that price one should get free internet and how about a robe? Overall underwhelming.

The hot tub was nice. They clean it Sunday afternoons. The location was right by Old Sacramento and the river.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the booking sight we had reason to believe that we booked a double room for the price that we had to pay. The suite we had was a bit smaller than we expected. But besides that everything else was okay.

We enjoyed the facility. Also how friendly the staff were.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The beds were pillow top (but not too soft!) and the bedding was exactly what I would have at home (down comforter, soft sheets, soft blanket). I received a text from the concierge about an hour after checking in to make sure that everything was okay and to see if we needed anything. Then received another text mid-day the following day to see if we needed anything. Super helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

staff was not welcoming at registration. seemed like it was a bother to register me. no smile, no welome to marriott. rooms are expensive, some customer service would go a long way!

rooms were great, clean,roomy

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

as far as I am concerned it was all good, including the valet who was very kind and offered all kinds of information when I asked about parking there for an event at the golden1 center.

everything was wonderful...the bed was "just right", very comfortable...and yes the eggs at breakfast were fluffy. :)...upon leaving I left my phone charger in the room and Ari is keeping in contact with me about trying to get it back. And even if I don't I appreciate that she tried.

• King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

Check out staff was a little abrupt when I asked for later check out time!

Bed, breakfast, check in staff was outstanding. Bar was nice. Resurant employees were very attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Monday breakfast- presidents day- at a few minutes before 9:00 found the following. Regular coffee pot empty, bread drawers empty, out of bacon and sausage, forks only for service ware. The woman at the front desk remarked they will restock soon...too bad no one behind food counters seemed to care. No copy of bill and receipt provided by checkout desk staff at front desk.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Premier Suite

Makeup mirror in bathroom was broken! Wifi was awful and we had to pay! Ridiculous

Nice room, an actual living room that is totally seperate from the bedroom!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool was ice cold. We actually booked here specifically for my daughters birthday and so they could swim. The pool was an ice cube. Very disappointing.

Everything room wise was great. Employees were nice. Very clean!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't like that our stay was too short! There were many holiday activities we didn't have time to enjoy.

We particularly liked the room assignment with the river view where the operation of the drawbridge could be viewed. The location of the hotel was excellent within walking distance of the sights we wished to visit.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People turned away from breakfast if running late.

Had a great couple of nights there. Front manager Anthony was awesome. Room was awesome. Friendly staff that I dealt with. Only suggestion was a saw a couple if disappointed guests for morning free breakfast because they arrived after 930am cut off.They were turned away. One even offered to pay and was told "it is not a full buffet left, not worth the money. I noticed most people there business clientele. But those there for leisure were "rushed" to be down for breakfast or lose free meal option.I would suggest a 10am cutoff. Some people like to start morning off with cup of coffee then take a little time before breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The charge for the parking.it was too high for a weekday.

Breakfast Excellent!! The view of the river really nice,walking distance to Old Town Sacramento.I love it.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Pool room smells of chlorine so bad it was hard to enjoy hot tub or pool. The floor of our room was sticky. The carpet throughout was sticky on our bare feet. Sticky!!! It was extremely unpleasant. We had to keep socks on whole stay. Which is hard to do with young kids. Not nice when exiting shower or getting up in morning. I would have asked for a room change but didn't notice until we all had settled in and changing rooms with 2 young ones is difficult.

Location is amazing

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

a little pricey....

Met up with friends to attend a concert at Golden One Arena...everything was so close and easy to access!!! Even loved the bicycle taxi the valet secured for us!!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed could have been much comfier. Uncomfortable mattress. Yikes.

Breakfast was great - loved the variety and the cooked to order items. Very accommodating staff - super responsive and polite.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need more staff during the morning breakfast to maintain coffee bar and bus tables.

Great place to stay in the Sacramento area for pleasure or business.The hotel is comfortable and spacious along with a cafe & restaurant & bar.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The furnishings and décor made the room too dark. The ceiling fan didn't work. The granite surround on the tub had huge stains and there were used shampoos on the ledge. The sink porcelain and floor tiles had cracks - need to redo this bathroom. Not enough outlets in rooms. Had to crawl under desk to find one to plug in iron. Staff at front desk not too interested in suggestions or complaints from me and at least two other guests I overheard.

It was within walking distance to the Golden One Center where we were going for a concert. The free breakfast was delicious with made to order omelets, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, potatoes, hot and cold cereal, pancakes and toast.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would be nice if the housekeeping staff could do a quick vacuum of the Halls after cocktail hour ends... there were smashed goldfish there in the morning from the night before. The breakfast was okay. It would be nice if they got better tasting coffee such as the coffee provided in the rooms. Additionally the bacon has no flavor. Omelette station was very nice although they did get confused and had to remake my daughter's dairy-free omelette.

Staff was very friendly and courteous

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

$30 for valet parking & that's pretty much your only option

Customer service was great! The breakfast with customized omelets was delicious. The double room fit me, my 4 yr old daughter and 4 adult women comfortably... well idk how comfortably the sleeper was... but it did the job!

• Concierge King Suite with River View - Non-Smoking

A nicer pool with sound proofing. It's deafening in there!

We really enjoyed walking to Gold Rush days from the hotel and having a delicious made to order breakfast extravaganza!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

The staff were so incredibly helpful and responsive. Some of the best customer service I've ever had at a hotel, and we've stayed internationally at 5 star resorts. And - this staff had a huge crowd to take care of. Perfect location for Gold Rush Days. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was huge. A great visit!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel could not find our reservation and although we had a confirmation the person working at the front desk did not want to accept this. Instead, WE were asked to call booking.com in order to provide a proof of reservation. The entire check-in took 45 minutes. In the end, a different employee took care of us and we eventually got our room.

Great location on the mall by the river. A five minute walk from Raley Field and just across the street from Old Sacramento.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

A little awkward first time getting to hotel, but once you get it now problem.

Too late for breakfast, but looked like there were many options as well as made to order breakfast included. Free wine, beer, cocktails in the evening was awesome, dangerous, but awesome. Food was good too. Beautiful hotel with beautiful art installations and fountains. Very comfortable as well.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

We needed more pillars and large towels they only gave us three and we had five people in a suite. Called down and only got pillars never got towels.

Food was good - breakfast was awesome. Food at Tuscan was a little pricey for the quality.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was rather small for such a large hotel and it seemed over crowded.

Valet service was excellent and very friendly with suggestions/options

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I thought the rental movies at $22 each was terribly expensive

Breakfast and coffee downstairs were great - roomy room so that I had privacy from my children