Reviews of Embassy Suites San Antonio Northwest I-10 3 stars

7750 Briaridge, San Antonio, TX 78230, USA

#167 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

The property was clean, the staff were courteous and the...
    • Two Bedroom King Suite with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioning didn’t circulate well in the suite and having one bathroom for six people makes your schedule challenging if you’re on one.

The property was clean, the staff were courteous and the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

Service and food was good. Property was clean but very outdated.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Property needs to be renovated. Worst Embassy I have ever stayed at. Service was great and property was clean BUT everything was outdated. Doesn't look like most Embassy suites. Please renovate entire property. Thanks

Room was comfortable

We were very close to the elevator and that made it convenient
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast line was very long. The breakfast lines were setup in a way that made it very congested all in one area. Parking is limited close to the entrance areas. There's plenty of parking in the back of the hotel but there is no back entrance to the hotel.

The room was clean.

Overall I would definitely stay at this location again.
    • Two Bedroom King Suite with Two Queen Beds

One of the elevators was out of service so wait times for the elevator were sometimes extensive (I stayed on the top floor).

The beds were extremely comfortable and the complimentary snacks and drinks in the evening was nice as well.

Needs help

The air conditioning was leaking in our room and the bathroom vent was very noisy the breakfast was not kept up with and it did not have enough staff to help and the coffee machine was not up to park as it was in the grape vine area where it was all modernized and up to par.

The happy hour very friendly staff

The rooms were big free breakfast and if there were any...
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the bathroom was so small and the elevators were small also.

The rooms were big free breakfast and if there were any problems it was taken care of asap

Will stay at different Embassy next time
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The look has changed so drastically since we stayed there before. The whole inside is grayish white. Looks like they are in the middle of a remodel. Not warm and inviting. Fountain was changed out with a fountain wall. Whoever designed this Embassy Suites made a huge mistake.

It’s always nice to have the happy hour and free breakfast. Would be nice if there was more choices to eat for breakfast like bagels and cream cheese. The room was nice. Bed was comfortable and clean.

Good sleeping accommodations considering it was a full house.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Breakfast facility was so crowded and noisey. There were about 15 people Waiting in line for the "made to order breakfast". In the self service Line, the line was also long, and the food was a 4 out of 10. Everyone must have went to eat at 8:00 am. The staff could not keep up. I would not Go back because of the above in the breakfast hall. In their defense, it was the first weekend of school being out.

Beds and linens were comfortable. Room was stark. Smooth Checkin. Although it was a later check in. Quiet room. Sleeping accommodation was great.

My stay was no so good.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet. Bathtub. Shower curtain wash clothes had hair. Carpet damp. Air left us conjested in the morning although room wasn't cool. Air ducts probably unclean as was the entire place. Don't let the beautiful lobby deceive you. Best advise is find another hotel.

This place is unsanitary. Unless your from a 3rd world country or unless you have low standards you won't even want to shower. They were kind enough to charge us half rate after we expressed our disappointment.

Not worth the price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The adult swim hour doesn't matter, other guests with children don't respect the rules during adult evening reception or adult swim. Children run around. Line for omelette 45 minutes long and disappointing. Overall breakfast is mediocre.

Comfortable and clean

Our get away
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

There was nothing wrong the with the property. Everything was great.

I liked the way that my from was set up with the tv and couch space. The omelets were delicious.

More like an old Motel 6 than the Embassy Suites I have been used to.
    • Two Bedroom King Suite with Two Queen Beds

Room/Hotel is in desperate need of a face lift. Mold on the tile. Elevator not functioning, grime in the other elevator. The printer/scanner was not functional so I had to go to Office Depot. The extra room in the 2 bedroom suite lacked ANY amenities. No mirror, closet, towel holder etc. (Not even a garbage). You had to go into the other bedroom to access the bathroom. Brutal design and cheapness was pervasive. Maybe OK for a family. but definitely not for 2 adults sharing the suite. Drury Hotels are better value for San Antonio area with better breakfast and happy hour.

Staff was friendly.

The quietness and privacy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was received by a receptionist named Richard and he wasnt to nice or polite. I was disapointed and would defenitly think twice before coming here again.

The quietness and privacy.

Average at best.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible cold, poor stock. The reason I stay at Embassy is the made to order breakfast. Took 3 try's to get an unburned breakfast!!

Large rooms a bit outdated.

Cleaning of rooms could have been better.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleaning of rooms could have been better. We were there 4 days and the floors were never vacuumed during our stay. Several days the counters were not even wiped down and they did not pick up the dirty glasses & leave clean ones. Linens were not changed until the last day.

Loved the full hot breakfast with the made to order omelet...
    • Two Bedroom King Suite with Two Queen Beds

One of the elevators is out of service and the working elevator was very small so it seemed like it took a while to get downstairs from our 5th floor room.

Loved the full hot breakfast with the made to order omelet station! Our family suite was the perfect size for our family with teens!

Not the best stay
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was not clean. The water running from the kitchen sink came out dirty. The elevators are very slow and small. It didn't help that the staff used the same elevators with no room for guests. There were too many people during breakfast, not enough seating and not enough food. The staff was a bit slow to bring out more food.

Rooms are spacious

It was fair, but not like other Embassy Suites that I've stayed in
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was not that easy, breakfast was a mess. There were no bowls,plates,or food out when my family and I got to breakfast at 9:00 on Sunday morning.

The price was good

The only highlight was that the beds were comfortable.
    • Two Room Premium King Suite

The front desk staff were not helpful when we had an issue with booking. The “family” suite had problems with the AC and the second bedroom was hot. We got a “ thanks for letting us know”. The over cleanliness of the property was below expectations.

The only highlight was that the beds were comfortable.

we had a great time, my son was upset because we left.
    • Two Room Premium King Suite

One of the elevators was out of order and during breakfast it could take about ten minutes to be able to go up or down. The rest of the day that was not an issue.

The hotel was nice and clean. I enjoyed their breakfast and cocktails.

The room was very comfortable
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

First I had to check in later than I wanted cause my room was not ready, then while trying to nap the smoke detector went off. But they did get someone to the room to fix the detector. I did not get the extra towels and pillows I requested.

The room was very comfortable

UNFORTUNATE
    • Two Room Premium King Suite

FALSE advertising I rented a premium room that was supposed to have TWO beds PLUS the sofa bed when I got there Mochico (or something like that) an employee at the front desk (who acted like a robot not as a human being) kept using the word “unfortunately “ told us that the so called premium rooms have snacks and the regular rooms don’t, I tried to explain to her that the advertising of a premium room showed TWO beds but she kept repeating UNFORTUNATELY, so it ended up being an UNFORTUNATE stay for me because I ended up renting ANOTHER room oh and I didn’t like the fact that she made a copy of my credit card.

location and cleanliness

Will look for another Embassy Suites hotel in future visits!
    • Standard Double Suite

Entirely too much noise - most noise I've ever seen in any hotel; kids running through the hotel at all hours of the night made it difficult to sleep. Wifi was too slow.

Room smelled stale, stagnant .
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

Room smelled stale, stagnant . Moldy smell. Bugs crawling on night stand next to beds. Showed Desk clerk phone video of bugs. Don't know if anything will be done about it. For such a nice hotel, I would have thought they would take better care of room cleanliness and odors.

Great location and very comfortable room! Would definitely stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was very humid when we first arrived. I had to turn the AC down to 62 and keep the AC really cold (even though it was 40 degrees outside) to keep our room comfortable. There's no bathtub, only a shower, which might not appeal to families with small children.

We had a King Suite and the size of the suite was amazing! The couch was a queen size with an chaise lounge beside it. You could sleep 3 or 4 kids on the couch alone. The pool was nice and the staff was very friendly. The location was great too! We went to both Fiesta Texas and the Zoo (which are opposite ends of town), but both are within 15 minutes of the hotel.

I will stay here again with my family and friends!
    • Standard Double Suite

I would have liked to see more staff at breakfast I felt bad that the few workers there were trying so hard to maintain a clean food space and fresh food out fast enough to feed everyone in a timely manner. the scrambled eggs could have been a little more cooked but I got an egg white omelette and it was perfect.

The friendliness!! From the front desk to all of the staff. "Adina "I believe that's her name she is a supervisor and I felt like she wanted me to be truly welcome ! We had reserved three rooms and she was able to accommodate us to stay close to each other. The breakfast options were a nice variety and fresh at all times. The gentlemen who were cooking had great and funny personalities!!

The hotel room was spacious clean and had everything we...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can’t complain. Exceeded my expectations.

The hotel room was spacious clean and had everything we needed. I really liked this hotel and plan to book at Embassy Suites again. The stafff was friendly.

we had a great stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

access to rear parking and the pool door didn't work

We had a large group with our car club. they grouped us together on the same floor which made our experience better.

It was ok.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't cleaned properly before we arrived (hair clumps on the floor, couch had crumbs on it) The room was missing an ironing board, and the door was left open when we first arrived from I'm assuming the cleaning crew.

Bed was really comfortable.

I enjoyed my stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom bathtub old with a lot of brownish stains. I'm not sure if it is from being overused or needs remodeling.

Size of the room, location, staff

Had a great time:)
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

In my opinion restrooms are a bit small.

Service was great, good location, happy hour and snack were very good! Breakfast was delicious a little bit of everything.

the stay at the embassy suites with my family was a comfortable and fun stay for us
    • Standard Double Suite

That some of the vending machines didn't work so instead of wasting $2.00 on a water we had to spend $5.00 on water in the front desk

Breakfast! Amazing!

You just can't beat an Embassy.
    • Standard Double Suite

The staff was WONDERFUL! Everyone I spoke with was very friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was delicious, and the Managers special in the evening was great! No complaints.

Nice hotel for large families.
    • Standard Double Suite

the location of the hotel is not the best since is under a couple of freeways and the lots near the hotel had high weeds....something that the hotel can not control. But everything else the hotel had to offer made up for the difference.

indoor pool, free full breakfast and large room.

Nice accommodations, terrible reasons for our stay.
    • Standard Double Suite

That the reason we were there was because my sister passed away. We came to attend her funeral. It's hard to enjoy any trip when you've lost someone you love.

Comfortable room.

Poor service
    • Standard Double Suite

Breakfast area was not maintained welll. Shortage on serving staff. Long lines. Not clean and spills were not cleaned and left for a long time. Plates had food spots and not washed properly. Wifi was extremely slow. Building inside view was like a prison. This location does not represent all other embassy suite I have stayed.

Family overnight with granddaughter.
    • Standard Double Suite

The breakfast buffet was not as well done as other Embassy Suites I've stayed at. It was disorganized in a very small cramped location, if you wanted juice, you had to go through the people trying to get food. Frozen biscuits, instead of pancakes or waffles made fresh. Eggs ran out and were not replenished very quickly. The lady doing the omelettes was great, but it was only one person, as she just couldn't keep up, so long line

The property was easy to get to. The evening reception was nice. Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hilton re-branding completely changed the Spanish Style Décor inside and out that we loved. It now looks like the inside of a dull hospital waiting room. The photos online have not been updated to show the new ugly painted off white brick outside and lifeless atrium areas. At 8:30 am the breakfast trays set out for patrons to use were dirty, as was the coffee cups set up in the clean cup area.

The mattresses were extra comfortable.

Need additional parking.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Need additional parking. Maid came to the door at 10:00 and said "time to check out" when check out was at noon. I did call the front desk to report this and they apologized and let housekeeping know.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Very classy, can't wait till construction is done.
    • Standard Double Suite

We ordered spaghetti and chicken armesan pasta from one of the places in the fliers, it wasn't all that great. It looked and tasted like freezer food.

They really heed the "do not disturb" sign. Not one knock the whole stay. And they have HDMI for gamers, that was a plus for me.

Thought I made a great pick, I was wrong!!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like all the noise Friday and Saturday night from the two functions there. Also, and this pissed me off the most, I a paying customer at your hotel, had to park on the road, while people attending the function at the hotel, parked in the parking lot. Another thing was, there was at least one baseball team and a high school band staying there. We were not able to use the pool Friday night because of the 5 million very loud and unruly teens in it. Had I know about the two, very loud, functions and large amount of teens we would not have stayed. When we got to our room, the coffee maker was not working and when I tried to call the front desk we found two non working phones. I had to find the phone line to get one working. Out side our room in a corner was a microwave and a crockpot just sitting there, it stayed there the whole weekend. I also saw other odd items, a ladder and tools just sitting in the walk way. Overall very careless and unprofessional.

We liked the free breakfast. But on Saturday morning there were a large amount of people and there was only the one line. By about the time the line was done they set out the extra line area.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Comfortable
    • Standard Double Suite

The pool and Hot Tub were out of commission and we were counting on a relaxing swim and exercise after our day out. The bathroom had hair in the corners and the carpet leading into bath was coming up.

The room was so nice and comfortable, especially the King size Bed. The breakfast is much better than in the past....Thanks!! We love the Fresh modern look the hotel is undergoing!!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Discount not worth the inconvenience,

Middle of constructions, hammer banging during morning hours on Thanksgiving, 1st room smelled of cigarette smoke, so strong, allergies hit immediately, false fire alarm day after Thanksgiving. Carpet was not completed in hall ways, 2 elevators not working had to go completely around during fire alarm! No rooms for disabeled available. Morning breakfast not best, scenery was all plastic coverings, tape, wood, dust, nails in parking lot.

Staff tried so hard, they were put in a position they had no control over.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

under constrution
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

when under construction i will stay some where else,the beauty of the hotel is gone ,and breakfast was cold.

embassy suit has always been one of our favorite place to stay.

Amazing

Amazing

The staff is very friendly.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air condition dies not circulate to the bedroom

The staff is very friendly.

Everything was awesome great staff members and very clean...
    • Two Room Premium King Suite

Could not connect to wifi at all

Everything was awesome great staff members and very clean and comfy bed

Vacation

Parking , waiting for room

Great Breakfast

The breakfast was the best ever

The breakfast was the best ever

Close to family.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No open windows in pool area. It was hot.

Close to family.

Breakfast was good.
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

Long line to get breakfast.

Breakfast was good. Ease of trip

great place and location was good for my visits

Slow elevators

Great service for breakfast and dinner, staff was friendly, rooms were clean

Great place for a quick getaway with great features and opinions.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They need to change the light beer to something other than Natural Light. That beer is not good and very cheap.

Reception drinks

Overall great stay

Restroom a bit outdated

Shuttle service was excellent

It was great. We enjoyed ourselves
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the patriots where rude.

The fact that it had a great breakfast buffet.

Pleasant
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

We had to go down 3 floors each time to get ice.

One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. Front staff was friendly

No internet or TV

Food was terrible!!

It was just a get away and it was perfect

It was just a get away and it was perfect

Had a great time with my family! Nice place to stay.

Slow elevator.

Happy hour was great!

A little on the expensive side but I'm assuming because of Spring Break

The price but it was Spring Break weekend

Wonderful view, perfect floor, breakfast nice. We will return

It would be nice if you had a door hanger that you could...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It would be nice if you had a door hanger that you could hang on door for more towels and toiletries and not have to ask for them or be disturbed.

Its always nice to stay at the Embassy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the bed was a bit squeaky

very friendly staff

It was a comfortable and pleasant stay

Small bathroom

Good sized suite

We had a great time and plan to return!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

toilet seat slid around when you tried to sit on it

It was a good stay
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

The inlet bar, Mark was amazing

I love it!

I LOOOVE THE BEDS!!!

Bed comfy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed comfy. Cooked to order breakfast great.

Wish it could have been better
    • King Suite - Accessible Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

The room was hot the entire time we were there.

Food was great

Had a great weekend, it was our 50th call reunion and we spent most of the time in the hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I am an early raiser, everyday. Saturday and Sunday, no coffee until 7:30AM. That would be my only complaint

The bed was comfortable.

Bathroom to small

Excellent family vacation with a super staff! Centralized location to all of the sites.

None to speak of

Cleanliness and customer service were amazing !

Continuous traveler

better breakfast before.

The rooms

The bathtub was extremely slippery.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was extremely slippery. Almost fell twice.

Best hotel in SA thus far!!
    • Standard Double Suite

We LOVED the stay at Embassy! Loved all the complementary snacks/drinks. Our room was fabulous!!

great place for a stay with family
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

free cribs and happy hour