Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown 4 stars

601 Pacific Highway, Downtown San Diego, San Diego, CA 92101, USA

#90 of 226 hotels in San Diego

San Diego Embassy Suites could use some improvements.
    • Double Suite with City View

1) The first room they gave us was still occupied by someone else. 2) I could not get an answer from the front desk to put in a wake up call, I was on hold for what seemed like an eternity. So I finally called the Corporate Help Desk and they managed to get someone at my Hotel to answer the phone. 3) The Dunkin Donuts was not open as scheduled, they put a tacky hand written sign on the door saying they were having technical difficulties. They still were not open a half an hour later.

The beds were comfy and the room was clean.

Low quality breakfast
    • Double Suite with Bay View

The only thing I did not like was the breakfast , it was so fake, cereal for kids it was the most cheap quality off course the kids can taste the difference after their first bite , the quality isn't as great, and each day is exactly the same breakfast, it's so sad everything it's a very bad quality.

I really love the view and location.

great place! will stay again!
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

can't think of anything except maybe the room charges were a little high.

The staff thru out the facility were exceptional. The hotel grounds, interior and guest rooms were very clean & modern. The breakfast buffet was ok....servers were great, food selection was ordinary but tasty. Checking in was a breeze...from valet to bellman to front desk took all of about 10 minutes!! Again, can't compliment the staff enough!

• Double Suite with City View

The parking is HORRIBLE! There is no self parking. You are forced to use Valet parking which took 45 minuets every time we wanted to get our vehicle. We were extremely frustrated with the hotel valet staff being so unorganized with so many people coming and going.

Overall we love our stay there, definitely come back if we visit san diego
    • Double Suite with City View

The interior is quite old, could use an upgrade. The queue for breakfast is quite long and should divide the traffic for egg station into two separate location

they open bottle on 7.30pm, we love the margaritas, wine and so much more. Not to mention the cheese celeries stick and other complimentary snacks. The location next to uss museum and sandiego zoo is a bonus for us since we are travelling with toddlers

Disappointed always stay at embassy suites
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

From check in was told we would receive a text when room ready..which never came.. room wasn’t cleaned advised front desk says would send someone immediately an hour later had to contact front desk.. where bear minimum was done. 50.00 dollars nightly parking and staff correcting us when to and how to walk or car. Breakfast staff highly unfriendly as soon as the time came they closed up immediately never caring how slow omelet line was: you pay more and get a lot less .

Hoed close it was to the navel base and many attractions.

Perfect
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

The staff were amazing --- friendly, courteous, polite and helpful. I am telling you, the one young man especially (unfortunately cannot recall his name --- he checked us in, greeted us the next morning at breakfast & served at the conceieres desk) wore many hats, very cheerful & helpful. Absolutely we shall be staying here again when we next visit San Diego.

It was amazing I would stay again and strongly recomend Embassy Suites by Hilton Downton.
    • Double Suite with Bay View

The last night we wanted Pizza we ordered pizza hut the restraunt was a lil high for our budget.

We had 5 adults and small children. There was pleant of room to sleep, eat and chill. Its minutes from Sea World and the Zoo located near shopping and restraunts. The breakfast is a complete breakfast and the evening cocktail time is awsome...

It was a good stay
    • Double Suite with Bay View

there were ALOT of kids running around !!!! parking was abit costly !!!!

happy hour was great, could have done with more healthy snacks tho, comfy bed, great view of aircraft carrier and the window did open , just abit but was enough, no a/c running. great breakfast, bar, great location

stay itself great good exercise room, great views clean

too much confusion between bookit and front desk. I need to change a few things about the reservation like king to double beds although I did by phone with BOOkit and emailed Embassy it did not happen. The desk also made my son give credit card when I had given a card and talked to front desk and sent email to make sure his check in would be smooth.

great breakfast, great location

The hotel was very expensive for basic accommodations. I don’t think it was worth the money.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

The elevator could not handle the amount of guests. We had to wait a very long time to use it and then the elevators were packed every time.

Location and view were great.

The spa was not open which was one thing we were looking...
    • Double Suite with Bay View

The spa was not open which was one thing we were looking forward to using. Then the day it was open there were children using Them the obvious prejudice displayed st breakfast Sunday morning turned me off to your staff that had treated me so well

Economy lodging on princely prices.
    • Double Suite with Bay View

1. I booked this 8 months ahead and for what we got, the cost was ridiculous (600/night) 2. Broken glass near entrance door, peeling stucco by the hot tub. 3. Happy hour snacks NOT kid friendly. 4. Coffee in breakfast area was terrible according to family members. 5. TV was terrible. 6. No rollaway beds. 7. Someone thumping the door all night. 8. The hotel would not allow use of the luggage cart so you were forced to tip staff (after paying a fortune). Luggage stored was misplaced. 9. No tissues in the hotel room, cheapie soaps, etc.

The staff was friendly and WiFi was very good

Awesome hot and cold breakfast.
    • Double Suite with City View

"tight" room accommodations and small bed sizes for 6 people. our youngest two kids ended up sleeping on the floor as two to a bed (especially the pull out couch bed) was too small.

Awesome hot and cold breakfast. great location to lots of attractions in town. hotel set up is wonderful. kids enjoyed swimming pool/hot tub.

Perfect location, would stay here again.
    • Double Suite with City View

The double beds. Too small. Would love it if you had queen sized beds!

The breakfast was delicious. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.

Comfortable bed, roomy accommodations, happy hour.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

breakfast was just ok, would liked more fresh fruit and hot items. Cost of the room was exorbitant.

Comfortable bed, roomy accommodations, happy hour.

Very poor
    • Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Our room was not cleaned for the 3 days while we were there. Bed was made ; towels changed and bathroom cleaning upon requests . We had the premium room and snacks were not refilled either. Leaky faucet in the shower tub- fixed on 3rd day and bathroom was left messy. Shower was still leaking when we left Very poor service overall.

Breakfast. Friendly staff at front desk and

Wonderful Stay. Great time!
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

The only thing we didn't like is that we particularly chose Embassy Suites because I asked if there was covered parking. After all we are paying $50.00 to park there. Evidently we were parked in a "parking garage" but on the top floor so the vehicle was not covered and it rained that night. Wish we would have known that up front. Could have parked elsewhere if the vehicle was going to be sitting out in the elements.

We really enjoyed the room and the view. Staff was great. Happy hour and breakfast great as usual.

I liked that the living room was separate from the bedroom.
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

Bed wasn't too comfy and the pillows could have been better.

I liked that the living room was separate from the bedroom. If traveling with kids this would be nice. There are two TVs so the kids could watch what they want.

Not providing room as booked ruins whole experience
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Management keep advertise rooms that are not available and double book resulting in completely spoil experience and unfair overcharging. They must stop this mess before too late and not tarnish Hilton name. We have booked room with balcony but it was not available. As result had to stay much lower floor and missed all nice sunset and other city views. Completely unacceptable ruin our first experience of San Diego. Bill was wrong. I had to triple check it with them before got everything right beware sneaky mistakes.

Staff is trying very hard to cover for management mishaps and really very friendly and helpful in guiding around and finding good spots around city to enjoy. Nice social wine hour of generous house pours and snacks that go well with it. Generous breakfast and reasonable choice compare to other places in US. For Asia scale consider mid-range levels. Very close to harbour with fresh seafood, souvenirs and chill out places, and Gaslamp quarters with night life. Close to city center with good shopping.

A wonderful Hotel and location

The coffee at breakfast.

VIEW AND ROOM PERFECT. Great location in San Diego, which was a clean and pleasant city to see and get around. Enjoyed the complimentary Happy Hours in the evening too.

Disappointing as we expected a Hilton hotel to be better.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Breakfast poor, dished out for you like you are a school child! Omelette filling completely cold as not on griddle long enough. Happy hour very strange, husband couldn’t bring me my second drink even though staff were looking at me!! Felt very cafeteria at all times, not a comfortable hotel in public areas.

Pleasant staff. Comfortable bed and spacious bathroom

Lovely, but pricey vacation spot
    • Double Suite with Bay View

Quite expensive stay. Only valet parking was offered by the hotel, at $50 per night, and very difficult to find cheaper options nearby. Manager’s reception had limited selection of snacks and there was a limit of 1 drink per guest.

Great location, easy walking distance to Gas Lamp District, Sea Port Village, Downtown and ferry to Coronado Island. Amazing view of the harbour and Coronado Island. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good.

All together it was OK but less value than expected
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Decor of rooms not remarkable. Bathroom was not as well provided as one would expect. Parking at 50/day is too expensive.

Location was excellent. Staff was very helpful.

Other than the registration (see above),my stay was very pleasant.
    • Double Suite with Bay View

When I arrived, I was asked to sign my agreement to the price of the room. It was many hundreds of dollars higher than I remembered getting from Booking. Fortunately, I had brought the Booking e-mail with me. The clerk at the desk first argued that the hotel price was correct, but then agreed that it was not. I found this registration unpleasant.

Having a free breakfast at 6:30 AM.

Loved the location, the rooms and the "perks"!!
    • Double Suite with Bay View

My bed was pretty firm but I'm the only one who noticed it - everyone else's was great. It didn't prevent me from sleeping, however!! Otherwise, everything was excellent!!

We loved the location and the "perks" we got with our stay - especially the breakfast!! Staff were absolutely excellent and were very helpful. The guys out in the valet booth were top notch - helped load up our luggage when we left and were so good about making sure we had everything and were comfortable in our car. Also they were great getting us a cab to the zoo. Excellent service!!

Great....
    • Double Suite with Bay View

Please do not change a thing. Best hotel I have ever visited.

Excellent hotel. I will definitely be back. Excellent customer service, great amenities, delicious food, and very centrally located.

Breakfast easily assessable at 6:30 am as I had to be at the...
    • Corner King Suite with Bay View

Room had things left from previous stay. Hair in coffee condiment bin. It felt as if the room wasn’t cleaned 100%. Parking was ridiculously priced.

Breakfast easily assessable at 6:30 am as I had to be at the Convention Center by 7 am.

Good location, views, clean, not noisy.
    • Corner King Suite with Bay View

$50 per night parking with valets being obnoxious about tips on pick up and drop off of the car. We ran out of cash once and got attitude from one of them. Also, so-so breakfast and slow check-in.

Good location, views, clean, not noisy.

Disappointed
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

Very disappointing breakfast. Not the quality expected at an Embassy hotel. Very noisy hotel. Parking is a joke. $50 a day is the highest fee I have seen including New York. Better venues are nearby. I will be trying them.

Very nice rooms

Fair
    • Double Suite with City View

The kitchen inside room is not equipped with any simple utensils even glass cups or cork openers. Parking is a bit expensive too

Location and breakfast the most

I didn't like that they charged $50 a day to park with...
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

I didn't like that they charged $50 a day to park with the facility. We ended up parking across the street for less than 5 dollars and free from 6pm to 10am.

We would have liked to stay one more night.
    • Double Suite with City View

Cleaning was soso: I was disappointed to check in to a room with un-emptied trash bins (still not emptied also day after). Expensive parking, so I chose to look for spot in streets. Although good breakfast and evening drinks, there were queues, and rather crowdy (we stayed in family holiday season around Xmas/New Year). Room picture on booking.com was not so accurate, less luxurious look in reality.

Location is GOOD. Especially if bringing family to see the USS Midway in Harbor. Also nice and "airy", near harbor. Breakfast is very GOOD. Beds are quite comfortable. Nice with complimentary drink(s) in evening (although drink location atmosphere is soso).

Based on this experience I wouldn’t stay at another Embassy Suite. Far to expensive for the value
    • King Suite with City View

Long delays replenishing self serve items No silverware available. Plastic spoons and forks.

Breakfast was adequate considering cafeteria style breakfast.

Perfect location, room size and comfort, indoor pool with...
    • Double Suite with Bay View

- Parking on site is $50, but you can always park nearby, between 6pm-8am and on Sunday it is free on neighbor streets. - Breakfast quality and crowd in the restaurant.

Perfect location, room size and comfort, indoor pool with hot tube.

Not recommended
    • Double Suite with Bay View

The suite was poorly maintained and is not suitable for a family of 5. The beds are very small and two adults can not sleep comfortably.the sofa bed is very uncomfortable. There weren't enough towels and blankets upon arrival. An extra towel was only supplied after asking twice and waiting 3 hours. An extra blanket was supplied a day after asking. The lines for breakfast are more than 30 min (the line for the cook to order breakfast is much longer). There is a constant shortage of forks, spoons, fruits and bread. The breakfast team is understaffed and the food is of low quality. The coffee stand in the lobby is always empty. In half of the time there were no clean towels in the pool area. Room keys malfunctioned (all three of them) even after they were re-aligned and we had to spend few minutes every time trying to open the door untill the key was accepted. The only parking is valet parking, it costs 50$ a day and it is extremely uncontrollable as it can take the valet more than 20 min to get the car.

Location was OK if you plan to visit USS Midway or downtown.

They didn’t have the room we booked
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

They didn’t have the room we booked with the bay view, and the WiFi is horrible. You have to spend like 30 mins trying to sign up and then download the app and then get crappy WiFi. Also valet only and $50 a night!!! Stay at the Omni down the street much nicer and parking is $25

The breakfast is nice and they have a reception in the evening which is great. There are restaurants super close too. Indoor pool is nice too.

Breathtaking in every way!
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

The view from the balcony to the bay was breathtaking. The room is big and spacy and very luxurious. Dont forget to check out the social hour in the lobby for some complimentary drinks!

Great location. I love that this hotel is smaller and feels intimate. The staff wonderful
    • Double Suite with City View

$50 for parking is expensive. Luckily they gave us some resources on the road. It cost three dollars instead of 50. They were great about early check in. They didmiss the cancellation we had done and luckily I had proof of the other room that was booked earlier on Booking..com

Great location, beautiful room from the top floor view. Nice happy hour in breakfast. Loved that the Jacuzzi was outside. Accommodating about early check in

I will be coming back again and recommending to friends and family!
    • Double Suite with City View

My one and only complaint about a staff is unfortunately one of the ladies serving breakfast. She was pretty rude to others and I didn't like that much.

Free happy hour is awesome! Breakfast omelettes were absolutely delicious! I felt safe staying there and the staff (desk and valet) were so friendly and attentive!

We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay and will definitely stay here again.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Evening snack was variable. There was always fresh raw vegetables and dip which were good. One night they offered soup which was very good. Otherwise we had nothing extra or nachos with cold cheese.

View, location and size of suite were outstanding. Staff was great.

Location was great!
    • Premium Suite with Bay View

Arrived to my room and found a leftover food tray sitting in front of my door ....how does that happen if my room was cleaned and checked before I arrived?! Sink was leaking in the bathroom. Contacted the front desk 3 times it was about 5 hours before the tray on my sink was addressed. Parking is $50 a night on top of the high room rate.

Location was great!walking distance to restaurants shops USS Midway

NEVER AGAIN
    • Double Suite with City View

I was suppose to check in 4 and I waited a half hour asked them again and they said another 3 mins well I had an appointment at 5 and I had to get going. They said they would call me. So once I finished my appointment I looked at my phone and they called me at 5:38 check in time was 4:00 almost 2 hours I had to wait. That is very ridiculous especially for the price i had to pay. Don't tell me 3 mins when I could be going somewhere else and I was almost late. Also it would be nice if you mentioned how much parking cost per day. I didn't know it would be $50 per day. So basically I will not be returning at all and i found a hotel that looks even better and cheaper.

The people cooking and cleaning were very nice and made us feel welcomed

Overall I was satisfied with my visit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great living en
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

No free self parking Very low shower pressure No free shuttles to other hotels Huge parking lots across the street which is hardly used! I.e. can accommodate 1,000 cars but only ten are parked there🤔😲☹

Order cooked breakfast Indoor pool-awesome and greatly appreciated! Gym area Roominess of rooms Regfrigerator Microwave Evening Reception Cleaniness Friendly and helpful staff.

I will recommend to colleagues and family.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Wide selection of breakfast buffet items. Evening happy hours, including free drinks and snacks, resulted in me spending very little on food during my stay. Very walkable neighborhood to bayfront restaurants, shops and historical displays.

The clean atmosphere, over enthusiastic employees
    • King Suite with City View

Charging so much to park your vechile on top of room rate is ridiculous. The unclarification of breakfast times. No access to vending machines. The loudest a.c. unit in the room. The bed was to soft I woke with back aches

The clean atmosphere, over enthusiastic employees

Free drinks and snacks between 5.
    • Double Suite with Bay View

I thought the concierge wasn’t very knowledgeable - particularly about Sea World. She recommended 5* restaurants even though we have 3 kids aged between 8 and 12.

Free drinks and snacks between 5.30 and 7.30 was a really nice surprise. The drinks staff were super friendly and always smiling. The hotel was very clean, the valet parking staff were also super friendly.

San Diego vacation
    • Double Suite with Bay View

Very close to attractions and restaurants, along with a beautiful view of the Cornado bridge and bay. Excellent amenities and service by everyone. Breakfast and evening cocktail hours were amazing in variety. Sergio, hotel manager was superior in customer service when the concierge wasn't available. He offered to reimburse our tickets to a well known attraction. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return again.

Not a great experience
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Breakfast is poor, accomodations aré not for four people, even if the hotel set it as if it is. Valer parking is too expensive in comparisson with others

Location and views

The breakfast was great!
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

I wish I could have parked my own car because it got scratched and I think charging $50 a night for them to park it for you is a little to much. Also like I said the breakfast was great just wish it went a little longer then 9:30 because I like to sleep in.

The breakfast was great!

Excellent stay
    • Double Suite with Bay View

Very expensive parking . Mattress not comfortable. Although the hotel overlooks great views , there are no hotel outlets ( bar or restaurant or even terrace ) to sit and enjoy the view . You can only see it through a window in your room , which you can't open !

The room was great with fascinating view , staff was responsive, good breakfast, happy hour is an addition . Excellent hot tub and pool . In fact all the facilities were in high standards.

This is our hotel of choice when traveling to San Diego! And there are lots of choices!
    • Double Suite with Bay View

$50 a day for valet parking is a lot, but your car is brought to you relatively quickly and always polite valets.

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast choices, happy hour included, easy access to lots of San Diego sites.

Very old building with carpets on the flore.
    • King Suite with Bay View

Very old building with carpets on the flore. The bathroom was verry old also. We didn't feel confortable. It was 2stars hotel for us not a embrassy suite.

Great.. but.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Waiting line for breakfast and happy hour. This seems to be a recurrent Comment since long time - so should have been fixed. Tourists may not be i such a hurry - business people can not afford the waiting and will go to other hotel. Not acceptabel that people can walk with their regular shoes just around the swimming pool - not hygienic Loud AC in room.

Location is unique..just in front of USD Midway museum. Great staff. Breakfast tasty. Rooms ok! Happy hour is fantastic... Nice to close the day and prepare for the nigjt activities

The lady that booked us in, Heaven, was exemplary.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

The fifty dollar parking fee!

The lady that booked us in, Heaven, was exemplary. She went beyond to help us with a problem. I had booked a room with balcony and was assigned a non balcony room. She made sure that we got what I paid for!!!!! and then some!!!! Thank you Heaven.

AWESOME - AS USUAL!
    • Double Suite with Bay View

I am not happy with the parking fee. It does seem a little extreme for the amount of work it takes to house my car for a couple of days. I did not move my car so it was parked from the time I arrived until the time I departed. The fee is excessive.

Everything was absolutely awesome. I cannot say enough about the friendliness, helpfulness and the genuine happiness of the staff at this Embassy Suites. I know it must be a great place when the employees are so happy. That is one trait I always look for when I give my business to organizations. If an organization treats its employees well, you will have me for a customer.

A nice base from which to see San Diego...but pricey parking.
    • Double Suite with City View

Parking is expensive in the hotel ($50/night) so after the first night we used street parking nearby and went out before breakfast to feed the meter. And we were charged for the bottles of water in the room, though there was no pricelist and we had assumed they were complimentary, like in most other hotels we stayed at (when we mentioned this at check-out, the cost was taken off the bill, which was very nice).

The place is nicely located and has everything you need. Breakfasts were good with nice selection, but big queues if you don't get there early. We had a room for 4 and it was large and comfortable enough. We used the pool one evening and, though crowded, was very pleasant. We generally had a great time in San Diego and the hotel added to that.

great location get away
    • Double Suite with Bay View

The pool, they had swimming lessons multiple times there couldn't enjoy the pool time, which is usually on of my highlights.

The location and how clean everything was.

Family friendly hotel in a great location
    • King Suite with City View

Master bedroom had peeling wallpaper and water stains on the popcorn ceiling. Faucet in bathroom was installed so that it barely jutted out over the sink basin, so your hands touched the unsanitary edges of the sink every time you'd try and wash hands. Room could little fixes and updates along those lines.

King bed was lovely. Valets were efficient and hilarious. Breakfast was good, line moved quickly. Employees served instead of the usual buffet scrum of people and that was both cleaner and more organized than the usual Embassy Suites breakfast experience. Such a good location to visit downtown and the waterfront.

Room and Hotel Service Good...Food Not so Much!
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

The food at breakfast was very cold both days. We ate at the restaurant on the first floor and the fish on the fish and chips was overlooked and very dry.

Room was comfortable especially with the sitting room separate from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable as well.

staying at San Diego Embassy Suites in one of their Disability Suites (wheelchair)
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

as above.

We need a handicapped room for my wheelchair using husband. The staff was A+, and they got us into there as early as they could. The bed was a little high for him to get on comfortably, but other than that it was a perfect room. Parking was good but expensive: 50 dollars a night. They were great about getting the car out for us. There was a lot to see within rolling distance and altogether we very much enjoyed our stay and will come back. The booking.com price was outstanding value.

Hotel beats expectatons
    • King Suite with City View

Air conditioner was a little noisy

I liked the Location,great views. I liked the freshly made breakfast. I liked the cleanliness. Not far from airport, and and attractions. Price was good value for money.

The location is awesome
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

The toilet was taped up which diminished look of the bathroom and for the price and name that is very unexpected of a Hilton property.

The location is awesome

Great and convenient place to stay near Downtown San Diego!

We had no complaints.

The hotel is easy walking distance to many local areas like the Gaslamp and Little Italy. The hotel itself has very comfortable beds. We enjoyed the living area in our room for the person in our party who wakes up earlier. :) The breakfast had a wide assortment of foods. We enjoyed the omelets. The evening snacks and happy hour were a highlight.

So-so stay
    • King Suite with Bay View

Tv in bedroom never worked right. Maintenance said it was the cable company that was the problem. The other tv in room worked just fine. Front desk staff was pleasant but they needed more people. Called front desk to fix tv and it took six calls before someone answered. Also, parking is $50 a night. They're comment about was that we could park at another location and walk to their hotel. Not convenient.

Free breakfast and happy hour are always a plus

The location was near all the places we wanted to attend.
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

Parking price was very high. Th ere was a lot of noise around the hotel during the day.

The location was near all the places we wanted to attend. Easy for restaurant and sightseeing.

Worthy San Diego Downtown Location, Be Clever with Parking a Car
    • King Suite with City View

I'm definitely not the first to say this so it will be overkill to hear once more... see any search on parking downtown and Embassy in the same search title. As a business owner I get it, you have a lot of expense with the breakfast and happy hour. The hotel is clearly trying to offset these costs by the Valet parking experience, $50/day. And sorry, it's not worth it! There are so many other profitable ideas that could be employed to ensure a better customer experience, especially for long-term stays 4+ days or CA car travelers. It's not even equivalent to other large hotel parking costs next door or within a mile. Regardless we were bound to not be the sheep. Through some clever investigating, there is parking within walking distance during the day for $10 and free from 8p-10a. Even with the holiday we found plenty of parking available every day. With the money saved we enjoyed the downtown area even more as a family.

The location downtown is nearly perfect. It is in walking distance to most downtown events and activities. The hotel amenities, basically the breakfast in the morning and the happy hour in the evening, are what makes staying at this hotel for the slightly discounted price absolutely worth it. The rooms are typical style of an Embassy Suites so not much above the norm. A few improvements needed for cleanliness from the maid staff and maintenance in the bathroom.

Excellent location, great rooms, meh WLAN and bad breakfast
    • King Suite with City View

The breakfast is worse than it should be for that price. Although you can get free wifi by joining some hilton email spam program, this really shouldn't be required.

Perfect location for lots to do in San Diego.
    • King Suite with City View

AC not working properly in room 1028. No matter what setting it was on from 74 down to 68, it was still muggy in room.

Loved that we had a balcony overlooking the side of the bldg and could even see some of the harbor. Great locationto seeing 4th of JUly fireworks. Walking distance to GasLamp area and Seaport district with restaurants and shopping are across the street. Super close to Sea World, San Diego Zoo and 15-20 mins. to Pacific Beach.

Other Embassy Suites do it better. This one has failed the Franchaise
    • King Suite with City View

The hotel does not have a option for parking other than valet. They don't have other options because the fiscal property is so small should not be a cause to charge the guess $46.00 per night. The service to retrieve your car is awful (no fault of the staff) the place is just a zoo and to have to pay $46.00 a night ( not known prior to booking) is criminal. I will not recommend this Embassy to anyone.

The rooms were nice. Nothing special for such a rate increase.

Poor decision making!!
    • Double Suite with Bay View

On the last day of our stay. My door key didn't work i need to go down to the receptionist 5 times to tell them that the key still not working. Until they decided to send a technician. So i need to wait 15mins to get in to the room. They should send the technician on the third time that i told them. Its a waste of time to go back and forth to the lobby to tell them that the door key is not working. Considering that i stay on the 6th floor of the hotel. Imagine 5 times i went to the receptionist their decision making is very poor. Imagine after 5 times they decided to send a technician to open the door for me. They should send it earlier.

• Balcony King Suite with City View

I didnt get the room I booked. I booked balcony king suite with a city view. We did mot get the balcony. They said they upgraded us tp a suite, but we already booked a suite. Also staff fidnt call us when room was ready. Said they did but we never received a call. Also didnt return our call about the wrong room. Balcony was extremely important for our stay.

It was a hotel for families
    • Corner King Suite with Bay View

Valet parking was About $50 per night! The bed was a little hard. They charged $2 for water. Water pressure was low. Toilet noise was loud. Drawers kept opening on their own and it got annoying when you have little ones walking around bumping into them. The staff in the kitchen are just meh. The gym is extremely small. I know it might not be a big deal to some but it was for us that we like to workout even when we are on vacation.

It was a hotel for families

Making plans to return.
    • Balcony King Suite with Bay View

Limited parking and no shuttle service.

The room was well maintained and clean. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. View of the waterfront was nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of waterfront shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great location to walk to all you need to see, no driving needed
    • Balcony King Suite with City View

The pool was dirty and there were tons of kids with little supervision there and taking over the spa so we couldn't enjoy it. Wish there was iced tea available down stairs vs all that soda.. pillows were all so soft .. have one pillow that's a little denser if ur gonna stick the room with 6-7 pillows anyways ..valet didn't know directions .. room key didn't always work.. wish water was restocked when room was cleaned. Wish the breakfast had almond milk option bc I'm dairy free .. for coffee cereal and oatmeal. No help out of our car with bags .. would have been nice to have bell desk ask if we need a cart or something .. we had a lot of bags.

Beds were super comfy. Breakfast had a lot of options. Was able to check in early that helped out a lot.