Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla 3 stars

4550 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92122, USA

#53 of 226 hotels in San Diego

4.9

It was comfortable, clean an quiet. :)
    • King Suite

Parking is a little steep but if you can find a spot on the road, (which does not happen). There is no resort fee but they get you on parking. No Valet.

The bed was comfortable and the king room was spacious. The breakfast in the morning was great, besides the line to get something made to order. :/ Little too long.

Awesome!
    • King Suite

The property was great. All around the best hotel stay I have had in quite sometime. It was clean, the views from the room we're awesome, the food was outstanding, the staff was very nice. When I arrived my room was not quite ready so they sent me to the restaurant for free appetizers, they were delicious, the wait was not long and well worth it as they put me on one of the top floors - I loved it and will definitely stay again.

Overall it was a great place to stay.
    • King Suite

You have to pay $31 extra to park in their parking structure. If you don't want to pay the additional money you have to find parking on the street. Very inconvenient.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, the room was ver spacious.

Hotel can take better care of its guests and provide better facilities for the price it charges.
    • King Premium Suite

staff needs to be more courteous. Hotels should believe in building relationship. But here it appeared that they did not want the customer again Price charged is too high for the accommodation and facilities Despite high cost, Wi Fi is not free. Wi Fi charge is quite high

Spacious room

Amazing Breakfast digs but too many fees!
    • King Premium Suite

Too many Fees: $31 parking per day, $17.00 Tourism fee per day, Occupancy fees on top of the room cost of $250 per day and of course the 2 taxes . So, the $250 hotel ended up being a $400 per night hotel. Whilst this is not a bad hotel it was not worth $400 per night. So in the end it's not a value for money. Although room was very big, it looked tired/old feel. Did not like the fact that bathroom is inside the bedroom as my mother-in-law was staying with us so she was not comfortable entering our room to use the bathroom. Additionally, there is no fan in the bathroom that it made the whole bedroom smell Musty.

Staff was fairly friendly. A beautiful Hotel. Large rooms and decent size bathroom. Exceptional Breakfast!!

Almost perfect
    • King Suite

When we tried to check in, the 1st staff/lady who attended to us said to call us in 45 min to an hour as our room wasn't ready yet when we got there...we waited at the lobby/lounge area for more than an hour, but we were not called. I approached the 2nd staff/man, he checked the status of our room and said our room had been ready all that time and he apologized for the 1st staff for not calling us when our room was ready... bad customer service by the 1st staff.

Breakfast buffet was great, room is way much better than I had expected.

Great locatuon, close to UCSD and mall
    • King Suite

We waited more than 1.5 hour after 4 pm to get a room, theyre in the process of cleaning or theres no clean room yet. Parking is $31 / night!!!. Some of the staff are not welcoming or friendly. Didnt clean nor strsighten up/ empty our trash during our stay. Said they're refilling our snack during 2nd day but we didnt even get one the first day.

The suite is nice and clean, like that theres refrigerator and microwave even though we didnt use it. The breakfast cook to order area is a plus.

The breakfast and indoor pool were pretty awesome.
    • King Suite

The gentleman who checked us in was not very friendly at all. He didnt offer the rewards program but the lady who was checking in the man next to me did. I felt discriminated against honestly. The hotel in general was nice but the rooms were not as nice just okay.

The breakfast and indoor pool were pretty awesome. The king bed was comfortable and we slept very good. The noise from neighbors was non existent! We also loved that the kids were able to feed the koi and catfish in the pond.

A perfect home away from home!
    • King Premium Suite

Nothing I can identify - this place was amazing.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious - time offered worked very well with my schedule. The Business center room was quiet and printing my boarding pass super easy.

For the price of this hotel the wifi should not have been a...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

For the price of this hotel the wifi should not have been a paid extra, the parking fees were outrageous, and breakfast services ended about 1 hour too early. Together the extra fees made the advertised rates on this hotel a bait and switch. Would never stay here again; honest upfront prices matter.

The check in desk couldn’t find my reservation, somehow it...
    • King Premium Suite

The check in desk couldn’t find my reservation, somehow it was under my partners name. I almost was not allowed to check in until I showed them the confirmation email. Then the price was $140 MORE than what I booked it for! The mini fridge in the room was hidden and not even cold. They no longer have valet and no bell hops to help out - I was 9 months pregnant and had to park my own car in the parking structure, plus pay $30 for overnight self parking. Overall a very disappointing expirience

Never come to this hotel again
    • King Suite

recpinents not friendly and lie I ask for extension for 4 hours with paying she said no after my friend ask the said no problem That’s put the hotel in bad creditability Thanks

The staff was nice and willing to assist and accommodate,...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

When we arrived the room we had booked and payed for was not available. It was frustrating because this was not communicated till we actually walked in the room and saw we only had one bed. We were tired and ready to rest and that did not happen. The parking is too small for the amount of guests that stay in the hotel.

The staff was nice and willing to assist and accommodate, despite not having the room that we had requested due to some type of construction issues that was not communicated. Their assistance made everything a little better. The free breakfast and food at the restaurant is good.

Ok hotel! Nice location!
    • Double Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

This hotel needs some updates, felt very dated all around! Indoor pool worked for our needs, the Koi pond was beautiful and the free breakfast made to order was a nice touch!

The place was excellent and the staff were great!
    • King Suite

Parking fees was to much and parking space was to tight couldn't get in and out of the car.luckily I didn't take my truck it would've been impossible for me to get out.

The complimentary drinks and breakfast.

Need better booking rooms or least book rooms after the other quest checked out
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I didnt like the fact they we had to move rooms because when we first did our reservation we booked it for one night but had to stay an extra night due to our husband/Father being in the hospital and we told them when we checked in we might need to book another night. But other then that our stay was great at the hotel

Quite, beds comfy, pool was nice even though we did not go swimming, staff was nice and very respectful

Nothing exceptional, but satisfactory overall.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Such a hotel must have free Wifi for everyone, not just for hhonours members... Also, it would be nice to have a refrigerator in the room.

Overall it was a nice stay.

Very nice hotel and I would stay again.
    • King Suite

Night crew at front desk gave me wrong info about when breakfast ended so I missed breakfast. Very inconvenient. The day crew made an effort to make things right by giving me a refund for breakfast. I appreciate the effort but it was inconvenient.

Very comfortable room.

Free Happy Hour!
    • King Suite

Free Happy Hour! Gym, Hot Tub and Pool open until midnight. Free breakfast! Rooms are clean and spacious and bedding is comfortable. Staff is friendly and fast. Centrally located and within 5 miles of most anything you want to do in La Jolla. Highly Recommend.

Would stay again but make very specific requests and make them double check everything b4 check-in
    • King Suite

Mainly that one front desk staff and readiness of the room.

It's a nice building from the outside and the lobby is clean and nice. Generally it's a nice property.

Disappointed in dirty room . I showed front desk photos. No need to post.
    • King Suite

Counters,nightstand, table...sticky with crumbs. Bathroom floor sticky ..wood areas need to be detailed. Very dusty. Room by elevator ...kids playing...so noisey.

Good food.

My stay was okay; it did not live up to the first time that I stayed there, though.
    • King Suite

I did not like the bathroom tub, it felt dirty and uncomfortable to my feet. Additionally, the receptionist was a bit short.

I loved the Koi fish, the Indulge Restaurant/Bar, and the breakfast in the morning.

Wonderful hotel, centrally located to activities.
    • King Suite

the parking, spots are a bit small and expensive.

This hotel is centrally located. The staff is wonderful, very nice and accommodating. Happy hour was great, the pool was clean, towels and bed were fluffy. Our family really enjoyed our stay.

fantastic, just a few spots
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

(1) parking: 30 (thirty) dollars for 1 day, moreover problems to enter and exit due to card malfunctions. complained at the front desk regarding the price, answer: no answer (2) waiting for breakfast: hot food is served by 2 people at the desk, there was a 15+ minutes queue, complained at the front desk, answer: we have so many guests ... (my comment: was this unpredictable ?) (3) very complicated to get free wifi

The hotel is centrally located to great shopping and...
    • Executive Premium King Suite

The parking structure really needs to be rebuilt. Because it has a narrow ramp, you have to wait for cars to come down before you can go up, and vice versa. We sat for 10 minutes just waiting to be able to pull into a spot.

The hotel is centrally located to great shopping and restaurants; you can walk across the street to University Town Center which is a beautiful mall. P.F. Chang's is in the same parking lot as the hotel, so walk to dinner! The complimentary happy hour and full-service breakfast are great!

I liked that I received a text when I arrived and a couple...
    • King Suite

I liked that I received a text when I arrived and a couple times during my stay to ask how everything was. It was easy to communicate any concerns or questions I had.

One of tne front staff (receptionist)was very unhelpful and...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

One of tne front staff (receptionist)was very unhelpful and not friendley at all We had also a very bad experience with booking.com on how they mislead us in terms of payment and penalty for cancellation. I would not recommend using the booking.com service.

Our days were great despite any
    • King Premium Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Your Customer Service for check-in was not welcome SERVICE. All the ones behind ur desk just were in to each other. Not CUSTOMERs!! We need information just where to go.. eat.. no smiles!

Good food selection Your valet customer service I think his name Moosha", (not sure) but he was Extremely Awesome. His extraordinary Service, very informative and his shuttle service was welcomed.

The complimentary drinks and snack in the evening when we...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The price for parking g is too expensive.

The complimentary drinks and snack in the evening when we arrived was a lovely bonus. The room was spacious and clean. The full complimentary breakfast provided many options and large amounts.

Nice comfortable room with a very nice breakfast buffet including an omelet station. Great value!
    • King Suite

Parking was $28!!!! That is much too high! We were able to secure steeet parking which worked out okay but we were a bit uneasy about our car not being in a more secure area.

Very comfortable room and friendly staff. We got a great price for the room. Breakfast was great and most of the dining staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, it was an excellent value especially compared to anything comparable in the La Jolla, San Diego area. Elevators were working great. (Last time we stayed at this property a couple of years ago, we had a lot of problems with the elevators).

Spacious rooms for a family of 6!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Smelly shower curtain in the bath room!

Rooms were clean and spacious! Manager's reception was wonderful and free breakfast was good. Nice view from our room.

Expensive quality but not enough free extras
    • King Suite

Limited free parking and small spaces. Hotel very expensive during ComicCon. No free wifi. Despite my advance inquiry, Booking.com would not honor AAA discount or free wifi, as I could have gotten if I booked directly with hotel.

Beautiful hotel, spacious and comfortable rooms, wonderful free cook-to-order breakfast. Restaurant patio has nice atmosphere with fire pits and comfortable lounge seating. Wasn't there for free cocktail hour, unfortunately.

Great stay .
    • King Suite

The parking cost is rediculous. My refrigerator was not working and they had to replace it with a working one .

Great stay. Great location . Great staff

very helpful staff.
    • King Suite

Found a French fry and a couple of nuts that housekeeping missed but overall the room was clean. Breakfast should be extended until 10:00 during the week just like the weekends.

very helpful staff. Great breakfast and evening reception. Good location. 11:00 checkout was nice.

The breakfast was varied and good each morning.
    • Double Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Sheets on pull out sofa bed did not seem clean. Mattress on Sofa Bed was not good. Very disappointed on that . No free wi-fi unless you are a Hilton Honor member ... some girls at the check out gave out not same answers re wi-fi . Photo of room on website made the premier suite look bigger and kitchen area bigger. If you slept in the Sofa bed ,very very noisy due to the atrium as sounds carried up.

The breakfast was varied and good each morning. Fast Elevators. Public areas were always clean. Good maid service. Management staff very good at working out issues. There is a car rental desk on site. Even though parking at the hotel costs, I always found on street parking for free. One could walk to the shopping mall across the street which had some restaurants other than P.F. Chang which was on site. Nice Happy Hour in evening.

Parking was not free unless you parked far from the hotel.
    • King Suite

Parking was not free unless you parked far from the hotel. It cost $28/day to park. Wifi was not free unless you're a HHonors member for which you would have to book directly with them in order to receive free wifi. It costs $9.95/ day at minimum to receive internet

Amazing breakfast!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner barely worked and it rattled really loudly all night long. Very annoying

Amazing breakfast! Such a large selection and especially love the made to order omelettes!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Area.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Very little hot water in shower. Uncomfortable pull out bed

Area. Neighborhood. Breakfasts are great. Evening reception is nice. Outdoor patio awesome.

We'll be back!
    • Double Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Wish happy hour lasted until 8. After a day at the wild animal park, it's hard to get back in time.

The fish are great for kids! Rooms are a nice size for three kids and two adults. We had a great time.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great hotel, definitely worth it.
    • King Suite

Parking space was kinda tight. But other than that it is very nice.

Complementary breakfast and snack were awesome. It was very impressive. Room was very clean also the bathroom. I will definitely stay in the hotel again

Salright
    • King Suite

The bathroom was a bit eh for the price and the class of the hotel. I've stayed at hotels half the price with Jacuzzi tubs and much nicer bathroom facilities. Also no robes.

Th lobby was gorgeous and the free breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great Stay!!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We were having issues with the parking garage. Our room keep wouldnt work and the help button was useless. A line started forming so we went inside to ask them to open it and to check their help button. It was stressful and happened at least 3x!!

The room was clean, the location was great and the area was safe! The breakfast was amazing with a hot bar and even omelets!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

it was a great stay.

The payment for parking.

Went for a soccer tournament and the kids had a blast. The adults were also so relaxed hanging out. Since the hotel is set up like a circular atrium you can see when the kids aregoing to their teammates rooms. The hotel lobby beautiful. The staff friendly and helpful. They gave us a list of places that deliver to the hotel. The kids got their pizza and the parents enjoyed happy hour.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

good location in La Jolla close to shopping mall on the...
    • King Suite

paid parking, paid wi-fi. poor breakfast and limited food options for evening club.

good location in La Jolla close to shopping mall on the other side and with P.F. Chang restaurant on the parking place of the hotel. Free drinks for 2 hours in the evening club in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Perfectly worth it!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Snack is alwayas the same! They charge for parking.(Like all other hotels in San diego!!)

Suits are big and very clean. Breakfast,afternoon snack, Internet are very good.

All in all not too bad
    • King Suite

No free wi-fi..plus parking was an extra $28...which they don't tell you when you book your room

A bit pricey for not even staying a full 24 hrs but there was happy hour from 5-730pm which included free drinks..and free breakfast in the morning which was great...so those factors helped the fact that we did pay so much for the room

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

love the rooms.
    • King Suite

for two adults, the high number of kids, cutting in front of us was a little too much. the omelette line was a little long which pushed us to the pre-made buffett. bummed about the lack of internet...

love the rooms. very large and well layed out.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

- aircondition sets auto mode by it self so the room was...
    • King Suite

- aircondition sets auto mode by it self so the room was hot -no small fridge -memeber of Hhonor but denied give me the wifi PW saying the reservation was through booking (other places never said anything about that )

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great place to stay.
    • King Suite

The bartender was very nice and friendly. Awesome drinks. Complementary drinks and snacks from 5:30pm to 7:30pm Everything was clean. No bad odors in the room. Shower was great. Clean and comfortable room. Room service was very fast; pizza and drinks within 15 minutes at my door.2 big flat screen TV and a little living room. Breakfast is buffet style. Omeles, pancakes, sausages, toast, juices, coffee, hot cocoa, cereal, delicious. I would stay here again. :)

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Needabreak
    • King Premium Suite

The parking lot. All the parking in it was in the same direction (oneway) but to exit you have to go out the same direction which didn't allow room to turn around.

The breakfast variety was very satisfying. The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Availability of coffee early morning.
    • King Suite

I left my mobile power bank and a converter. The hotel did not contact me about that how it can be returned to me.

Availability of coffee early morning. Free shuttle within campus.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Mini Vacation
    • King Suite

my only complaint was parking, but I've paid for parking before at some hotels and got less, so I can deal with it.

Great breakfast, hotel was clean and quiet, staff was helpful and friendly.Loved the Coi pond, the kids were super excited about being able to feed them. I will be staying here again next time I'm in town.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Black hair clumps in the shower...
    • King Suite

The woman who checked me in was so rude. Handing out bags to all other guest. I saw my bag with my name in it and she did not give it to me. So odd And the two separate areas in the shower that had clumps of black hair...And I am a blond. :/

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

We enjoyed this day we thought the hotels personnel were top notch be happy hour was a real bonus ha
    • King Suite

Large fluffy pillows that do not stay fluffy

The reservation representative allowed us a late checkout which was really important since we were there on business to provide a service requiring us to start at 3 o'clock in the morning it was a real benefit to be able to come back and take a snooze before leaving

Nice hotel great breakfast
    • King Suite

Parking was a little expensive and than having to pay wifi on top, we booked our room for 5 guests 4 adults and 1 child but their was only 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed which was uncomfortable, luckily our child was only small and fit in between my husband and I in the king bed.

The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was great!!

Clean & quiet
    • King Suite

Poorly patched tear in duvet, feathers escaping during night! $28 per night to park car.

Room very clean and quiet. Nice amenities. Location excellent for anyone visiting Scripps medical facilities.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Enjoyed my stay!
    • King Suite

Parking is $28 per night..

The breakfast was absolutely fantastic! Made to order omelets, pancakes, potatoes, etc. Beautiful facility, well kept, clean! The staff was very nice! We stayed Labor Day weekend, it was super busy but the staff was still able to stay on top of everything and in a timely manner! Plenty of parking available in parking structure. Something worth mentioning: they allowed five people in one room (which was nice) and they have one king bed and a pull out bed. Two TVs in our room. Two sinks, and a safe!!! Mall across the street.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

the facilities are good
    • King Suite

wifi is not for free parking is 28$ per night and they do not inform you out front ( it's written on the paper they give you) they charged me extra 10.15 for water although I did not drink/take the water

the facilities are good room is clean bed was ok free breakfast ( very good) and free snack, drinks between 5 and 7 pm

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

The location was good- close to the beach, near the highway...
    • King Suite

Checkout was at 11:00. Housekeeping attempted to enter our room at 10:30 but were stopped by the deadbolt. They then called our room but when I answered they hung up. When I told the receptionist about what had happened, she had little to say. Not a great end to our stay.

The location was good- close to the beach, near the highway leading into downtown SD. There was also free breakfast and a nice bar/restaurant

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Good hotel
    • King Suite

it's too crowded while waiting for the elevators. not every day they put a free coffee in the room .

the location . they offer good afternoon snacks.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great included breakfast!
    • King Suite

You pay extra for wifi in your room, I've stayed in much lesser hotels that include wifi. 28$ for parking! We reserved for four adults and a child and there were only three towel sets, didn't like having to call room service for something they should have provided. Also there was no shampoo, had to call for that too. I found black mold on the shower curtain. I wouldn't have expected that in this category of hotel.

Breakfast definitely made up for any negativity. Our suite had a door between the sofa bed area and the king bed area and that was a plus giving us privacy. Two TVs.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

La Jolla wedding
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

On several floors the drink machines were out of operation. The price seemed high but I guess it was because Comic-Con was in town.

The breakfast was extraordinary! The lobby had a great openness to it with all the floors overlooking the main level with the koi ponds. Location was excellent, with the shopping center across the street and close to the interstate.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

location was beautiful.
    • King Suite

Our request for cribs and an extra bed were originally not met. The excuse was that we used a third party to book room. Finally after we showed that my 70+ year old mother in law could not sleep on a couch that we were allowed 1 crib and 1 extra bed

location was beautiful. Loved the koi and feeding the Koi with my daughters. The breakfast buffet was good. Final accommodations were excellent

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Was very quite, and breakfast was good.
    • King Suite

Needed more toilet paper and the bathroom was a bit dirty. The parking structure was difficult to maneuver with only one exit. At check out, the loading area in front of the hotel had too many double vacant parked cars, difficult to load our car and to exit the hotel parking lot. (took us 30 minutes)

Was very quite, and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Super hotel just off the freeway.
    • King Suite

I booked for 5 people. When we checked in I had to request a rollaway bed which was $20 pn that was not quoted when I booked with booking.com. In a commercial/business area, so there are shops and restaurants in close proximity, but beach is approx 5miles away, and so beyond the radius of the complementary shuttle service.

Great that the hotel provides a super breakfast and evening drinks reception. Good facilities including pool, gym, clothes self-laundering as well as hotel dry cleaning. 2-room suites are spacious and well equipped with kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Ok place to stay but had issues
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Overpaid through 3rd party booking, did not get our Hilton honors advantages. Was not aware that we wouldn't get points or services. Room attendants forgot to leave fresh towels and did nit replace ice bucket bags after use

Location, breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Nice place for a short stay
    • King Suite

I thought the rooms could have been cleaner. I noticed hairs in the shower from previous guests, which was disgusting. I also noticed the cups in the room (glass) weren't the cleanest, which was again gross. The carpet also didn't look as though it had been vacuumed from the previous guests.

We enjoyed the drink reception from 5:30-7:30pm. We also were very impressed by the made-to-order breakfast. This hotel is also a very short drive to La Jolla Shores beach.

Traveling Sports Family
    • King Suite

Clean, comfy and fun for the Family.

The location and the breakfast
    • King Premium Suite

The price was a bit high

The location and the breakfast

Not much.
    • King Suite

The pool area smelled to much of chlorine. Not properly vented.

Not much. The koi pond was beautiful.

Price

Cleanliness & comfortable bed

Thoroughly comfortable stay.
    • King Suite

Excellent location and facilities. Very helpful staff taking good care.

Would stay again.
    • King Suite

Great breakfast, friendly employees, would recommend😀

Great hotel, staff facilities and inclusions, rooms superb
    • King Premium Corner Suite

A large group checked in for the weekend and were a little noisey

Great hotel, staff facilities includes breakfast and evening drinks and nibbles

Soundproof rooms every vacationers dream!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Kids running down hallways. But should be ok any other time. THere was a tournament

Loved the reception