Reviews of Embassy Suites San Rafael - Marin County 4 stars

101 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, CA 94903, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in San Rafael

Free drinks at happy hour and made to order omelettes and a...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Free drinks at happy hour and made to order omelettes and a big buffet all included in the price. Kids talked me into leaving San Francisco to go back for a second night.

SO GLAD YOU ARE RENOVATING! PLEASE GET NEW BEDS, CARPETS, ROOM INSULATION, PULL OUT BEDS, BLANKETS!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was filthy, the beds were hard as a rock, the blankets were scratchy, the room made me sneeze, I requested a fair facing room and was placed on the opposite side; UNCOMFORTABLE.

The managers on duty were fantastic! That was the only good part of the stay.

Too short. Wish it could have stayed longer.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The decor is stuck in the 1980’s. But it’s very clean so that’s the most important thing.

Location is great and the rooms are nice. I’ve been staying here for over 13 years. I saw the sign stating that it was going to be renovated soon. That’s good. Although the property is nice, it needs to be updated.

All in all very enjoyable. I appreciate the noon check out as well
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower head was a bit weird. Sprayed all over the place. I’d appreciate a more concentrated spray.

Enjoyed the nice breakfast. Custom omelettes were delish! The bed & pillows were extra comfy!

Over night, worked.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dated, drawers had broken edges. Mini fridge had no freezer. In my opinion for the price paid, the quality of the suite should have been a lot better.

Functionality was great.

The most amazing courtyard. The cascading waterfall was delightful, the trees and plants fabulous.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lots of walking from room to elevators. Personally tripped on rugs several times.

The bed was wonderful. I slept better than I have for weeks. The breakfast was delicious. The chefs were so prompt, everything was freshly made and kept stocked, the juice selection was awesome, the fruit was perfect, the coffee bar had a full selection for whatever beverage one could want.

Quiet and good option in San Rafael
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Other than the on site restaurant no other walking distance option.

More than average room size. Everyday drinks and snacks on ‘Evening Reception’. Close park for jogging

Nice facility
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were woken up and evacuated in the middle of the night due to someone setting off the smoke alarm.. I was having a one night away from small children and was going to get a peaceful nights sleep. That didn’t happen

Nice facility

Nearly perfect...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattresses are very firm....I found it hard to get a good nights sleep. I ended up piling up pillows and sleeping on top of them. Wifi was so slow that it was unusable.

Very friendly staff. They made a great stay into excellent. The free breakfasts are great. They had a wide selection of food to satisfy many tastes and dietary preferences.

That was a turn off, otherwise it would have been good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The toilet seat was sliding around when we sat on it, the worst part of this is that I told the front desk person and she said someone would fix it . Left for the day came back and it never got fix

Free breakfast

Affordable, quiet location and spacious room. Easily accommodated 5 people.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We only stayed one night, but it exceeded my expectations.

I really appreciated the fact that there was a pull out couch and that the bed room had a door you could close. The room had 2 TV's and kids were able to watch what they wanted and so were the adults. Really happy with room!

Very comfortable and excellent value for money. I could not fault the staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool and fitness room are a little small. The bathroom wasn’t quite as clean as I would have hoped. It had a lingering smell. There were also bulbs missing from two lamps.

The chef that made breakfast to order was superb. The food here is wonderful, we had dinner also. The fitness room is great but could be bigger.

Good for families
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

- We reserved two rooms, one for us, one for friends. When we arrived we were told that one room had been canceled. Nobody knew why (but they fortunately had enough rooms left). - Rooms were not prepared for four persons and we had to ask for bedding after we arrived in the room. - The toilet was not really usable and the employee at the reception seemed not to be interested at all when I told him. - Our friends and we payed different prices for the same room with same occupancy . - Restaurant has poor atmosphere, more like the waiting area of a train station. - Parking costs 7$ per day.

- Fair price (140$) for two adults, two kids inclusive very good breakfast and some drinks and snacks at happy hour in the evening - Spacious king suite with two bedroom and living room, great for families. - Breakfast includes fresh made omelettes and pancakes, good coffee. - Mainly nice helpful staff - Good food and nice staff at the restaurant. - Children loved the pool.

A mixed bag, but I still recommend
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Upstairs noise over bedroom. Dirty dishes, food and trays left for over 24 hours in walkways. That was very unacceptable. Discusting. Would like more secured parking and staff to assist with accompanying more vulnerable folks to cars in evening hours. Too many dark pockets in lot.

Potential to be a really great hotel. Needs updating. Things are worn.

Nice room. # 101. Unfortunately can hear people talking outside after 10 pm at night probably smokin
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t find my husband’s electric shaver at our next destination. Called Embassy suites and was not there. Disappointed

Bed was comfy. Restaurant was fabulous. Beautiful presentation. Taste exquisite

Dusappointing.
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked a room with two double beds. Informed upon arrival that they only had an accessible king bed suite directly off main lobby. I asked them to prepare the pull out bed for me. They ooened it but did not put any pilliws or blanket on bed and there was no top sheet. I slept on a lumpy sofa bed at the cost of almost $400. As per most accesdible rooms, there was no full length mirror.

Motel 6 quality at Hilton price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No free WiFi is unacceptable in a hotel this expensive. Pay parking unacceptable in a suburban location. Electronic Room keys worked about half the time. Hapy hour had long lines and no seating. Desk staff explained they were understaffed, which is an unacceptable excuse and just an indication of poor management. Air vent in bathroom had six months of dust buildup. Tv remote held together with duct tape. All and all, much worse experience than I expect for this price and from the Hilton brand.

Had I known better, would have made other arrangements.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had a broken toilet on day one. They sent someone up within 30 mins who determined that toilet would be replaced early the next day. They never showed up, but it did work sporadically, hit or miss actually! I paid $265 plus a night for a crappy room right next to the elevator (loud outside my window) my room service dishes from Friday night left outside my door were there until Sunday, and the halls were filled with others doing the same for days. Room was not clean, dirty baseboards, floor in bathroom and black grout in tub. There were dead moths along the baseboards (I doubt they ever vacuum here) and the housekeeping staff never cleaned the entire time I was there. Saturday and Sunday, they didn't show up until late in the afternoon when I was back getting ready for evening events, so that didn't work. My daughter got married this weekend, quite a few of us stayed here and they knew we were a wedding party. Besides, free breakfast, there's no food available until 5pm, including the lounge. Can't imagine why a place like this wouldn't open the bar on Saturday when college football is on. No where to get a snack or lunch at this place. None of the staff ever checked to see if we needed anything and when I checked out, the clerk didn't even ask how my visit was.

Pillows in bed were nice. Grounds and parking was good.

Paradise even better if you sleep heavy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Airconditioning rattled all night. Paying for unsecured parking in the suburbs is just a cash grab

The managers evening drinks were very generous and lovely in the courtyard next to the waterfull.

Enjoyable stay.

Just slightly worn

Nice roomy suite at prices that many others charge for a standard room. Great breakfast included in a roomy courtyard style dining area. Managers reception was a nice bonus offering drinks including a couple of craft beers.

This facility needs a serious facelift.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

This facility needs a serious facelift. Old wrinkled carpets. Elevator out of order creating long walks to access other floors. Expensive, even at Booking.com rate.

3.5
    lousy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

renovate and clean up the facility.

the facility was dated, run down which was shocking as every other embassy suites facility I have stayed at has been great. very disappointing.

Ok
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Called the morning of arrival and asked Indy room would be ready before 1pm. The front desk said yes that my room (ADA) was empty the previous night. We arrived at 1:30 and we're told I could not check in until after 3. Front desk clerk was unapologetic.

Will stay elsewhere next time

Nothing really

Quoted one price on your web site then then upped the price to $214 per nite and didn't change it even though I told them I had booked it for. I thought $179 per nite. Rooms not clean. And very dark some ,lights did not work did not refill supplies daily. I.e. Soap. Coffee unless asked for it

Very pleasant, enjoyed everything.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Move the smokers further away from the front door. The bus staff had a hard time keeping up with clearing tables.

Breakfast was amazing, even though it was very crowded and busy.

The staff were all wonderful.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing that really stands out was the table in the room looked like it had been chewed on. The down side to a family suite I guess.

The staff were all wonderful. Parking was convenient. The breakfast was very good and there was room to seat the whole family. The pool was nice.

they charge a silly $7 parking fee.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

they charge a silly $7 parking fee.....its a suburban location...not urban and I think it's inappropriate. The cost is not the thing...if they think they need to recoup that amount include it with the overall cost of the hotel and not nickel and dime it. Dumb!

The location.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff.. they looked either bored or just plain unhappy. We waited for the check in guy to finish his social call (I could tell it was) for several minutes. Our presence right there seemed to annoy or distract his phone conversation. At the manager's evening reception, this lady at the bar took our drink order by glaring at us. Our grandsons were scared to go up and ask for their drink. It was actually amusing to observe these workers, wondering about the factors of such behavior. The workers with language barrier seemed more accommodating, but there was this lady who informed my grandson that there was no vending machine in the hotel. Oh well. Nice place, though.

The location.. close to our daughter's place.

Rooms need some attention from management.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

For a $250/night room, the armoire's closet door was broken and almost fell on my foot. Room service did not replenish water and coffee in the room. The overall feel and vibe of the hotel was like stepping back in the 90's. other than that, the rooms were large and would be great for family travel.

Free parking.

Easy place to stay, but not much of a view.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Paying 7 bucks for parking in the suburbs, really?

Buffet was cold, but instantly change when I asked. Breakfast staff was so friendly and efficient. Room comfortable. Check in was friendly, informative and quick.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

I was in, had a good meal, did my prep work and I was out by 6:00 a.m. refreshed and ready to go.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The phones in my room had very tangled cords and one of the phones didn't work. Also, I think the furniture is getting a bit tired. Nothing that would prevent me from coming back.

Usual Embassy Suites comfort and friendliness?

Thanks
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only one sheet available for hid a sod Pool was too crowded to point of being unsafe

Kind,attentive staff- Late afternoon snack & beverage Breakfast included

The accommodations were all very nice.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't realize the breakfast buffet closed down at 10:00 a.m. I thought it would be open longer on a Sunday morning, since people like to sleep in .

The accommodations were all very nice. The rooms were quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The cooked food was only like warm but variety very good.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The food would have been better hot. There no supplies for my in room coffee pot on one of my days there.

The cooked food was only like warm but variety very good. Could have been hot food

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Convenient location, clean and comfy.
    • Executive King Suite

As I no longer drive at night, staying here was very convenient. I was attending a concert next door at the Marin Civic Center on Friday evening. Comfy bed, nice breakfast. Enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Perfect
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room perfect for 2 adults and a teen. 2 queen beds and a fold out sofa, plenty of space. Included breakfast was exceptional: buffet plus cooked to order omelets. Surprise was "manager's reception" in evening, free drinks including punch or soft drinks for the kids, generous hearty appetizers. Hotel faces inner covered courtyard which had lovely artificial waterfall, perfect for letting us feel outdoors on a very rainy weekend. Plenty of parking. Gym and indoor pool small but adequate. Bedding white , washable and sparkling clean. One mile from Guide Dogs facility, which was the reason we were in area.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Perfect way to start the new year!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast offerings are great, BUT eggs always, always way overcooked. Main lobby area cold, but that's probably unfixable, with all that water flowing constantly!

Bed super comfortable; love the happy hour and the breakfast being included. Staff very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great location, easy to find, clean, comfortable beds, good food, going to stay every trip to SFO.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I wasn't no happy from room door slamming, people should take more consideration when early check out and not slam door.

The location, check in was prompt and friendly, room very clean, lobby beautiful, no freeway noise, easy off 101.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Wonderful Hotel and Service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had difficulty with the wifi. I joined the Honors program to be entitled to free wifi and also paid for it a couple times because the free wifi wasn't working. It was a problem because I needed it for work. I asked the front desk about it, at one point, and was told they are putting in a new system, so maybe that was it.

I very much enjoyed my stay at Embassy Suites. My trip was both business and seeing my family over Christmas. The staff was always very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The hotel is lovely with the atrium and the fountains, fish ponds, trees and gardens. The breakfast buffet was great, as was the heated indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi. I loved that my room was very quiet and had a nice view. I was very content and satisfied overall with this hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Room was great and comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking King Executive Suite

Pillows were not supportive. No water pressure in bathroom sink. Shower head hard to adjust.

Room was great and comfortable. Very pretty surroundings in the lobby, etc.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

inside court.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

need to tale Old English furuture polish and do the woodwork in front it the bath sink......pretty beat up.....also noticed getting pretty close to some remodeling in the room we stayed in......the furnitue decently needed replacing.......thanks, Ronald Van Roekel....stay was 12.9.2016

inside court..

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

My San Rafael stay at Embassy
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the facility is undergoing some much needed renovation. The place looks like it could use some paint and new carpeting. But all hotels eventiually do.

We really enjoyed the proximity of the facility to the family we were in town to visit. The breakfast was really good and we really enjoyed the free drinks served in the evening. Plus, I was really impressed by the service provided by all the workers. Everyone was very polite and proffessional. I really hope to come back in the future. Thank You for an enjoyable stay !!!

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Nice King Suite
    • Premium King Suite

Breakfast was included and was great although the scrambled eggs could have been better. Were they instant or powdered?

King suite was really nice. A separate bedroom, kitchen and living room helped create some space for our 7 year old child. 2 tv's was a bonus, bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Service was friendly, but kitchen and beds were very underwhelming
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Advertised with fridge -- it was a minibar fridge that was not even working. We have a kid with milk allergies so we like to bring some vegan milk along -- which has to be refrigerated. Even after maintenance came it was not working right. I was expecting more than a minibar fridge and microwave to be honest. Also,we needed to use the pull-out sofa bed to accommodate some family members -- it was the most horrible, uncomfortable bed with every rod and spring poking into us!! Invest in decent sofa beds if you want to advertise a king suite as being able to handle 4 people!!

Liked the friendly staff, and terrific breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good thing we stayed one night!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I know this is saying more about the clientele: but people kept leaving their glassware in front of our door & the room next to us. House keeping was in the area but never picked it up. Overall the decor is really dated: flesh toned walls, the pool area design and layout need updating and again, people left glassware (which isn't allowed in the pool / hot tub area anyway) and various articles of clothing laying around. Koi pond looked dirty, common areas were not cleaned as often as they should which made the place look sad.

the bed was comfy and room was clean

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

bad experience
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

staff unfriendly restaurant is unclean when it comes to plates forks spoons etc. room somehow ok the cost of the room is highly exaggerated for the room with low quality. if you ask me if I will book again in the same hotel I would say no and will not recommend it to any of my friends or relatives.

only the location was good to go around the area.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Great place for family weekend.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit pricey with not much to do in the area, like them park, etc.

The environment of the open court yard with a great view of water fall; and the awesome breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Breakfast!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast ending at 9:30. I heard other people complaining. People should be able to sleep in and still get breakfast without being rushed.

Breakfast! The eggs cooked how you like them was great. Great choices for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Not a 3 star hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Except for the location, the property was little better than a motel 6. The rugs in the hallways were poorly laid making walking on them hazardous. The chlorine smell from the pool permeated the 5 story atrium. The furniture in the bedroom was useless as well as taking up too much too room.

The sofa bed was atrocious. Didn't have top sheet and crappy blanket.

We enjoyed it very much
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We liked the location. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and made to order.

Very good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lamps in the room had burned out bulbs.

Bed was very comfortable.

Staff were very friendly, and the location was perfect.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property needs an update.

Staff were very friendly, and the location was perfect.

The staff was helpful and friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location is a little older and is due for a renovation.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great.

Good value
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Centrally located. Staff was great. Room was good size & comfortable.

Less than expected
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty room noisy neighbors outdated

Happy hour and breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Mold on all over the bedroom window and bathroom . Room was not clean .. room was not worth the money at all .

Happy hour and breakfast

Great, convient, would stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Just the parking lot situation it would get full pretty fast :(

Love how spacious the rooms were and definetly loved the complimentary breakfast.

We'll be back!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was awesome! Best breakfast ever!

It was nice pool was over crowded we didn’t get to eat breakfast

Dirty balanket

I love it’s interior openness, the food, it’s proximity to...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I love it’s interior openness, the food, it’s proximity to Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture!

No koi in the pond

No koi in the pond

Great vibes.

Pancakes were terrible . Breakfast period

Eggs were nasty , potatoes had way too many bell peppers !

Momma ,Grandma Totally Happy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I Liked Everything ABOUT it...Close to the golf courses close to what we needed....

It was centrally located right off the highway

Very comfortable and relaxing. Atrium was unexpected and a nice touch with the waterfall.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing that I can think of

Very good accommodations, our son and his family stay here often. They recommended this hotel.

Was pleased when I checked out that the parking charge had been removed. Felt better about the stay.
    • Premium King Suite

Fact I was being charged 7 bucks a night to park there

Overall, acceptable accommodations. Unfortunately the location was far from the wedding we attended
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not choose to eat at the overpriced restaurant. Went out.

Enjoyed the pool and the hot tub for a morning relaxation period before checking out.
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Extend the breakfast hours longer,I missed breakfast cuz I decided to sleep in alittle bit

Everything great overall

Breakfast is well served.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Need some maintenance in the room. An annoying odor coming from the bathroom.

Breakfast is well served.

Too much time needed to correct issues
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel did not want to honor the rate given to us by booking.com

willing to work with us regarding incorrect rate

San Rafael

Staff not friendly

Close to the ferry

Good value but rooms need to be refreshed
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms and carpet in hallways need an updating - they are a bit tired

Good value for the family, good breakfast and good happy hour

San rafael
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dated decor, chiped tub, paint faded old looking.

Water features and dining and staff

Good breakfast, good room, good location, and so on.

Too expensive!!

Good breakfast, good room, good location, and so on.

Cleanliness. Outdated.

I would certainly stay here again

no smoking rooms available

Very casual comfortable place. Ideally located