Reviews of Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley 4 stars

2885 Lakeside Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA

#9 of 32 hotels in Santa Clara

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I had a great stay at this Hotel and would certainly recommend it
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the swimming pool was under reconstruction and therefor not accessible. Also the was no terrace or place to sit and chill outside. I thought tat the Hotel was not so well locates for sight seeing if you not have a car as it was not sight seeing places were not easily accessible by bus or other from the Hotel. But the on the other hand there were restaurants & a Whole food Market right crossing the street.

Very nice Hotel. Super nice rooms that were very well equipped. The Hotel also has a nice and well quipped Gym. Additionally there is a free happy hour bar between 5 & 7 PM with great bites and choice for every one. The breakfast was also richly served with a lot of choice. All the people were extremely kind & helpful

Great, comfy stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Did not like that I found out about parking being $18 when I got there. But didn’t lower score because of it.

The bed is SOOOOO comfy!! Room was perfect! Staff great.

Over all I enjoyed my stay here.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that we had to pay $18 a day for parking then had to park our car ourself. they have lots of spaces available and shouldn’t make their guests pay for parking. The pool was closed so we missed out on that as well.

The rooms were nice, breakfast and evening reception was good.

The only place to stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pull out bed was not as comfortable as I had hoped.

We prefer to stay at Embassies because the rooms and service is great so is the breakfast and Happy Hour.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The hotel location was great for our activities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for renovation, and we were not aware at booking. Our kids were bummed. Another hotel down the street allowed us to swim at their pool but still a letdown.

The hotel location was great for our activities. Our kids enjoyed the suite. Roomy and comfortable.

Party of 4

Hallways were noisy. Interior doors were made of aluminum so could be loud opening and closing. No extra blankets in the room for the number it sleeps. Pullout bed a bit small for two adults comfort.

Very clean and bed was comfortable. Nice bedding and lofty pillows. USB jacks in all the lamps. Multiple elevators made no waiting. Courteous and accommodating staff.

for the price dont get your hopes up
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit small considering the hotel is an all suite type hotel along with left behind clothing from previos guests the maid obviously skipped cleaning the drawer and storage area. The pool smallest ive ever seen with the most guests in it at a time.

I enjoyed the breakfast. Everything from crispy bacon to have it your way omlets fresh fruit hot/cold cereal buffet style.

5/26 dinner with Nat
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

The hardest thing was trying to make coffee. The pods seem to large. So I gave up. I was confused about where to park.

The best thing is the staff. Jennifer at check was. Outstanding. The room was the perfect size. The breakfast was very good.

It was only one night but it was mediocre.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The staff didn't explain the paid parking situation. We parked for 15 minutes and then was forced to pay $7. When we got back I talked to then and they explained how it worked after telling me I was already charged for parking (not even telling me I was when I checked in).

Always love the fresh made omelettes.

If it would have been more accommodating to handicapoed, our stay would have been better.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking even with a handicapped placard. Requested handicapped room and close to the elevator but did not get it.

Nice and homey and atmosphere.

The hotel suite was nice and the view from our room was amazing but i was very disappointed overal
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Customer service checking in and out was not that great i felt like i was bothering the staff by asking the simple question like where is my room located and in what floor they just handed me my room key and expected me to find my way. Our bathroom in our two bedroom suite had the sink water not coming out clean it was white and chalky i told the front desk and all they could say was that it was under construction so there was nothing they could do about it. So we had to use

The hotel suite was very roomy and it had a great view.

I have to give credit to the staff for making it a good stay despite problems with amenities.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV in our room was not working due to some issue, the staff member gave me free WiFi and tried to be as accommodating as she can be, which was really nice. They were undergoing renovation so there are drill noise and the pool ( as i heard) is not open. I was expecting free Wifi and parking like any other hotel when i booked it, but it wasn't. I guess it is good to read through the fine prints and I think it operates differently due to its location.

The suite is well decorated, 2 tv's in our suite with a small living room. The bathroom is well lit. I also like the free snacks and drinks they have in the evening. The staff - Felinza ( sorry if i got the name wrong) was awesome.

Reasonable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had a offsite family emergency in the middle of the night and while the staff member was friendly about the situation they made no attempt to help us get to the hospital

Nice hotel and convenient

Hassle. I still need to talk to someone @ booking.com about the $90 difference in room rate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

Upon check-in, I learned Embassy was overbooked and didn’t have the room I had on my confirmation. It was a mess. In the end, I still didn’t get the two double beds I needed. Booking.com quoted me a different rate than Embassy. Embassy charged me $90 more at check out. And there was also a 6 year old birthday party taking place at the hotel pool which was tiny to begin with.

Not one of my best stays. Last time was better even though they gave my room to someone else.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I was overcharged for parking. The girl at the front desk was rude. Actually asked me to produce my bank statement to prove I had already paid for parking then added the cost to my bill twice. The room was noisy, walls paper thin. I could hear the man on the other side of the wall snoring. There was also construction in the room next door and children running up and down the hallway screaming at the top of their lungs.

breakfast, cleanliness of room. room service, location

N/a
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

When we checked in they told us that the water has to shut down between 11:00 am to 5 pm. Because they r having some kind of repair. Then there was no hot water in the shower. Last night midnight, the alarm when off and we were told to go down the stairs and we were half way the stairs there was an announcement that it was a false alarm.

Cleanliness and good breakfast

Enjoyed! Will stay again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was Surprised by paying for parking!! Website said free parking. Hope it really is free. Did get those fees waived.

Omelette station rocked! He was awesome!

Could have been better!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we checked in, they informed us that they were doing some maintenance which involved shutting the water off, and that it would be a few hours before it was back on. It would have been nice if they made some effort to make up for the inconvenience, like maybe a discount, or food voucher?!?! Even a few extra bottles of water would have been nice, but nothing! It's the little things people! Too many other options, no need to go back!

The worst experience ever!!!!

When we arrived the person leaving the property warned us because 7 cars got broken into the night before. We get to our first room to find out there is no seal around the window and the room is freezing so we get moved a room that we didn't book. We went to two double beds to a king. Then the next morning trying to take a shower no hot water. They make us walk to a different room to take a shower. Then my son gets the flu and we are there for his nationals competition and have to go to the hospital. Then they move us to a double suite after two days because the fan in the room is broke and there is no heat. The whole family gets the flu! My 80-year-old mother is the only one not sick and has to pack up the whole room so we can move! Then when we are settled in the double suite for one night because of the heat in our king suite (when we should have in a double the whole time!!!) they said we had to move again!!!! We are sick they expect us to pick up and move again because our reservation says we are supposed to be in a king the rest of the stay. Even though we stayed in a king the whole time when we were supposed to have double they expect us to move after the window, water and heat problem!!!! No reimbursement nothing. We left, this was the worst experience I ever experienced and cost my son a lot for training a whole year and this all to happen. The manager whoever he was almost didn't come out because he was sick. Seriously!!! You moved us to 3 different rooms made us walk to another room to shower we are all sick but you cant come out to cancel our reservation or comp some of the stay. All I can say is shame on you and thank you Hyatt House an amazing hotel and as I've heard a lot of people have escaped the Embassy.

Weekend relaxation minivacay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Color scheme, furniture is outdated. This embassy needs an update more modern look.

Ms Cynthia is an amazing staff member. She is kind, super friendly - remembered our names. friendly staff from front desk to breakfast room. We love the rooms. Plenty room for everyone Refrigerator plus Bar area with sink in room plus Living room area nice size. We didn't feel like we're sitting on top each other. We woke up not feeling well the day off check, we didn't get rushed, which I appreciated. Hotel lobby was BEAUTIFULLY decorated for Christmas. We captured beautiful pictures.

Just for business trips
    • Premier Suite

The room had old furniture and was not properly cleanded (I found pieces of chips on the floor under the table and a toothpick next to my bedside table). Breakfast is pretty cheap with poor choice.

The rooms are comfortable with a nice fluffy bed and the gym is well funished.

Good stay overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

Room was warm. Was told they would send maintenance to fix but when we returned at night, room temperature was still the same

All breakfast items. Bed is comfy

The sales associate that checked ya in was very gracious and...
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

For God knows what reason our room smelled like an old furnice being kicked in though the heat was not in use. My husband and my self were dead tired and thought it’s a pain to move let’s just suck it up and maybe the smell will subside. About 5:30am the smell of sewage came from the bathroom. I proceeded to flush the toilet five time and shut the door but the smell proceeded. I couldn’t get back to sleep. When we checked out early that morning since sleep wasn’t an option the gentleman assissting us responded with an “I’m so sorry” I mentioned that someone. Should probably check out the room. Not sure if anyone did or even cared for that matter. I guess at the end of the day I felt a bit disappointed that a cheaper hotel was less then a mile away but I chose to stay at embassy, simply for the beds and comfort. I ended up paying for an aweful night, and a super stressful morning as my husband and I were sleep deprived and having to drive for seven hours straight.

The sales associate that checked ya in was very gracious and hospitable. Really appreciated her assistance and ability to qualify us as customers and meet our needs.

Overall it was a good place to stay for a night or two.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the high noise level from the freeway and the children and loud bath water next door.

Great breakfast buffet. Great omelet chef. Pleasant staff members.

My stay was comfortable, and breakfast was great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I would like it if they would check the way they clean the rooms a bit more . The rooms were really nice and clean but it wasn't until the last day that while making sure I didn't leave anything behind I checked under the bed and noticed a dirty diaper and a bottle of wine under there. I would just recommend checking under the beds to make sure they get everything clean . Made the place look dirty

I liked the room itself very comfortable and the staff made me feel very welcomed

Good location, but hotel was not what we expected
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Street noise was loud, even on 8th floor (think engine brakes throughout the night). The reception desk associate was very snarky when I asked why they took a $50 deposit on the room at check in, as that is what leaving your credit card on file is for, and she only answered by saying "all hotels do this" (no, they don't). The room and hotel in general are not in the typical Embassy Suites style, so the space was much smaller than anticipated and very cramped with my husband, college age son and myself. Just not a very inviting environment overall.

Location proximity to great restaurants

Very good hotel, very clean and comfortable, in a good location.
    • Premier Suite

Cleaning of general areas like corridors may be better. If you are sensitive to noise, this is not the most quiet location, as the hotel is located next to the highway.

Helpful staff, large and clean rooms, very comfortable bad,.

Disapointed!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Swimming pool, hot tub really small, the room we stayed in 913 toilet seat needs replacing, Bedskirt looked really old, the corner off the room had some kinda phone part., windows unsafe, sink in common area is too far to reach, breakfast should have more choices like Milpitas Embassy, Bacon was hard to chew it was like beef jerky. Computers sucked,kept freezing up! Plus I requested a ground floor the day I booked the room and didn't get my request. Disappointing! Milpitas is the best.

Room was nice and spacious.

I love Embassy suites, but I will not stay at this facility site again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My floor was very noisy at 11pm and I had to call the front desk. Staff did not enforce the adult swim time. Very junky and disorderly from sports teams that were there. Noise level and orderly conduct was not enforced by the stafff.

Free breakfast...but pancakes and eggs were not tasty. Loved the spacious room and beds.

Great room , pay parking not great. Very clean and lots of space.
    • Premier Suite

Hot cocoa for the kids in the morning. Only had 1 for machine. Asked for more and they got them to us though. Parking fee really 15 bucks , not cool at all , no security in lot so, why?

Food was acceptable, happy hour and size of the room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Toilet wouldn't flush, shower head adjustment broken off. Stepped out 2am to find vending machine for water, key wouldn't open the door.

Food was acceptable, happy hour and size of the room.

Interesting stay
    • Premier Suite

The property didn't seem safe there were a lot of people hanging around outside I'm not sure if it was because it was the soccer game going on in the area but the bar in the lobby the smallness of the swimming pool all of this was very disappointingThe room was clean the food was good. I also didn't like the fact that I had to go all away to the lobby to buy some water there were no vending machines on the floor

The room was clean the food was good

Amazing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was honestly nothing not to like. It was fantastic!

We liked everything about this hotel. We wished we could have stayed longer. Rudy helped check us in and he was fantastic! The rooms fit our large group perfectly. The breakfast was yummy. If we needed anything the staff was happy to help. Probably the best experience I've had at a hotel. And the price was reasonable but when you add in all the extra perks, it was such a deal!

Also customers service ir front desk should let guests know of free breakfasts time etc incl dinner
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Overall cleaning and washing all sheets blankets pillow cases etc. Sanitize w/lysol all over.

there dirt lime blood or prob food on wall by door & stains or dirt on shower curtain. No vent fan in the bathroom. Red stains on floor by door. Scamble eggs - yucky.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

First time in San Jose... I'll be back!

$$$$

Breakfast is amazing, lots of options and not having to leave the property, room was comfortable, staff is REALLY exceptional. Helpful and incredibly nice. Always ready to assist and ready with a warm greeting.

Crap service bait and switch
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Carp service, no coffee limited breakfast times, bad don't care service, advertised amenities not given! Bait and switch.. never will stay here again ! Tired of corporate lies ! Goodbye

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Another overpriced mid-tier hotel in Silicon Valley
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

For what is costs this place should be much better. The gym is terrible. It smells awful. Tiny overcrowded room. All it takes is an air purifier and some deodorant. The linens are kind of rough. All of this would be ok in a room that costs $150/night but not ok when it costs $400/night.

Liked the breakfast and location.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Doing it and doing it well
    • Premier Suite

The living room area didn't have windows. the bar sink was placed back to far. Sofa bed wasn't that comfortable

The complimentary drinks and breakfast. Plus the TV's in the room were very clear

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

We'll be back😀
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing to change! Great stay!

Staff was very helpful and friendly! We did a last minute stay the lady in check on was very accommodating asked if we needed any extra toiletries or anything needed to just call. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Good location nearby mall with lots of restaurants.
    • Premier Suite

Huge noise in the early morning if your room is located face to the side of highway. Waked up early by noise from the highway

Good location nearby mall with lots of restaurants. Good indoor pool and fitness. Exceed expectations about the breakfast with more selections.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great America winterfest visit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

Wifi is not free unless blah blab..., no vending machines on floors, you need to go to lobby shop. Need to pay for parking $15. Thought it would be a suite as I thought it was all suite hotel- NOT SO. If this was the special condition- I didn't see it upon booking. Complained to security about tween footballer team that was running around lobby would hit all the buttons in the elevators. What a party pooper I am!!

Great free breakfast, made to order counter although buffet was plenty.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Safe and reasonalbe stay in Silicon Valley
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

Restaurant is not available for lunch in the weekend. Cleaning in the room could be better.

Covenient location with reasonable price to stay in Santa Clara central area. It is also close to Norman Mineta Airport. Staff were very helfpul. A new shopping mall including WholeFoods is located nearby.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Overcharged and maids are theifs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

They overcharged from what booking.com promised. It went from $378 to $542. They eventually honered booking.com price but it took a while. Also the maids took money that was not in plain sight (thought it was a tip). The maid also stole my phone charger. They called me a liar about the phone charger, even though it went from a samsung cord to a generic cord that didnt work. They tried giving me the lost and found cords that none of them worked. I had to go buy my own at a target. They did not call the room back after telling them my money was stolen i had to go downstairs to the desk and pitch a fit. While the kid working there blinked at me and gave me attitude. The photos of the room on the website looked nothing if the room we got. The weather was cold and rainy when we went and the thermostat would keep dropping to 72 degrees. Very uncomfortable, sleepless, cold nights.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Not impressed at all for the cost
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room had not been properly serviced. Dirty shower trash not taken out no trash liners in any trash cans dirty cup re covered by sink used soap in sink dish horrible service at front desk when we told them about the dirty room. No offer to change rooms. Then when I got home I was double charged, did not receive my half a nights room credit for the dirty room, and I had to have my bank fix the charges.

The pillows were very comfy and the breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Perfect stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Honestly, everything was wonderful!

Loved the quietness and wonderfully comfortable bed. The cook to order breakfast was fabulous! Also enjoyed the complimentary evening cocktails! It was a terrific stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Great room layout, comfortable bed, great complimentary...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi did not work with any of our devices. Front desk was not helpful-- only gave phone number for IT people. The last thing I want to do at a hotel is troubleshoot for someone else's Wi-Fi problems.

Great room layout, comfortable bed, great complimentary breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Compared to other Embassy Suites in Area...lacking.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The carpet was covered in stains and the bed (we ordered a King Suite) was very small and hard as a rock. We checked out earlier than we could of because we couldn't sleep in like we wanted. Went home very sore. =( Also, I stayed there last year and never had to pay for parking like we had to this time.

The indoor pool was nice and we got it to ourselves for a while in the evening. The room was spacious. Brunch was ok...

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

good business hotel
    • Premier Suite

room service meals were overpriced and not that good Pool is a kid's pool and not really fit for excercise

room was well; equipped and maintained staff were super friendly and helpful. room was clean and tidy. Wifi was good

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Good place if you don't mind potential noise issues
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was some machine noise coming from outside of the room, took 2 days to fix. (it was the ac in the hallway and they just switched it off it temporally)

Staff was cleaning room every day. Breakfast was good.

My stay was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The loud air conditioner unit and hair on the bathroom floor.

The breakfast was great and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The snacks in the room
    • Premier Suite

The bathroom could of been cleaner and the beds could of been a bit softer

The snacks in the room

NA

The staff was amazing .
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The staff was amazing ...

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable and the water was cloudy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable and the water was cloudy.

Will come back again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact the fitness center was not open

They had full complimentary breakfast. Good when you have kids.

There wasn't enough fruit for breakfast.
    • Premier Suite

There wasn't enough fruit for breakfast. Some vegan options but nothing dairy free.

Staff is great

Clean and rooms are big

great except....
    • Premier Suite

it was near restaurants, mall and gas station

Pay parking

Pay parking

It was very clean & the staff was friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was very clean & the staff was friendly.

Comfortable and friendly staff....
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Paying extra fee for parking overnight was too much.

Room was very comfortable and breakfast was excellent!!..

The hotel had a very small parking area, even though the location was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Management, they are not friendly or have any knowledge customer service.

Wonderful Place
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

I thought all Embassy Suites had a living room and bedroom - we just had a bedroom

Location is in walking distance of Levi Stadium (very long walk)

You where busy...i get it but the floor on the 4th was filthy, and not once it vacuumed during our s
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness. Place was was always dirty. Does the housecleaning manager not care about his job

Great stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only thing is the pool is a little small and tends to get overcrowded in the evening

Everything excellent breakfast

DESAPOINTED
    • Premier Suite

AS I WAS DOING MY RESERVATION NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE POOL BE CLOSE AND I CHOOSE TO STAY WITH EMBASSY SPECIALLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE INDOOR POOL.

everything was excellent
    • Two Double Beds Premium Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was Excellent the room was Excellent size for 5 people.

From the time we walked in all was professional.

No complaints

Breakfast, customer service.

Embassy Suites Stay
    • Premier Suite

Doing upgrades, shower switched off most of the day, and takes a while to work properly and get warm water

Good location, clean and spacious rooms

Cool out night

Price point

The room
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

No water and fire alarm waking myself and children up in the middle of the night

The room

Everything was good

Everything was good

Great.

no comment

Reasonable price place compared to other hotels in the area

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT