Reviews of Embassy Suites Seattle - Tacoma International Airport 3 stars

15920 West Valley Highway, Tukwila, WA 98188, USA

#9 of 17 hotels in Tukwila

Large family can stay comfortably in one room.
    • Presidential Suite

The bathroom shower stall was very old and should be replaced. Looked dirty all the time.

Large family can stay comfortably in one room. Breakfast was great.

Overall it was great experience
    • Standard Double Suite

The trash cans in the room were very small although there were more than 1 garbage can, it still wasn't enough for our needs, since we buy take out foods, and we have 2 kids in diaper. Also the pull out bed looks old and the carpet as well.

The room is very spacious and love the fact that there was a door that separates the bed and the living area. Having a big table was also great for whenever we bought take out food. Also the pack and play that we requested also looks clean.

5.6
    Hot tab is so dirty I’m scared to step on it it’s a lots off...
    • Standard Double Suite

I like the place the foodie

Hot tab is so dirty I’m scared to step on it it’s a lots off people in the hot tab should be check every 1hr just to make sure is clean

Wonderful stay near Southcenter.
    • Executive Suite

The sofa bed was uncomfortable. The mattress sagged in the middle.

Suite was spacious and clean. There were two work spaces, one also in the bedroom. Manager's reception in the evening was a nice touch though the snacks were ordinary. Breakfast buffet was appreciated by my grandchildren.

For the first time ever it was just ok not special
    • Executive Suite

New remodel of court yard is very sterile I liked the old school way with the plants and fish ponds and not so bright. Also I have stayed multiple locations over many years and have never had to pay 20 dollars for parking especially when the room rates are a premium

Great staff clean comfortable room

The hotel layout was good, the front desk staff, the staff...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The water coming out from the kitchen which flows along the way to the parking area

The hotel layout was good, the front desk staff, the staff at the buffet breakfast and housekeeping have excellent customer service.

enjoyed it very much
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

no open windows room was stuffy, I could feel the air blowing on the door frame - it was a nice air-condition breeze so I prompt the door with a chair to get the breeze in the room after awhile I closed the door and the room was not as stuffy.

free cocktails bartender was awsome

free breakfast was substantial and variety was great
    • Standard Double Suite

parking was not free and when searching for hotel requested free parking, so was surprised when I arrived and found out that parking was not free

free breakfast was substantial and variety was great

A nice airport hotel.
    • Standard Double Suite

the decoration is outdated. It is an hotel from the 70s.

The breakfast is a key attraction of this place. They have a nice spread and people serving eggs on order.

Breakfast was excellent!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Price info was not the same as price that had to be paid when you arrived at the hotel!!! Also someone in my party left their head phones in the hotel when we checked out, the hotel has done little to nothing to return the lost items!

Breakfast was excellent!

My stay was quick anlil hectic and unpleasant also i didnt sleep
    • Standard Double Suite

I did not like the some of the service the customer service of .y complaints amd the delay of my refund

I liked the happy hr and the breakfast and some staff

The hotel's front desk staff was EXCELLENT!
    • Deluxe King Suite

The hotel's front desk staff was EXCELLENT! They were very friendly and accomodating throughout our stay. I was celebrating my birthday which they made extra special by gifting me a box of chocolates. Also, my husband and I were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary and received a complimentary dessert from the restaurant. Overall, our stay was above extraordinary!!

Even though we got a got deal on our stay, the neighbouring hotels are a better value for the cost
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

Very narrow parking stalls, even for compact vehicles, price for parking, a bit outdated room for the price plus lack of maintenance (ripped curtains, ripped shower curtain clips, dusty furniture, dinged walls), no security safe

Room size, breakfast, good location, happy hour

We stayed at Embassy Suites because of its reputation as a great hotel. That was not our experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not as clean as it should have been. Garbage left in trash cans, cobwebs on walls, something was oozing out of the bathroom floor. The TV in the bedroom didn't work and had to be replaced.

The included breakfast was outstanding.

Very good. Will definitely recommend.
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

In one ocasión our room was left open after being serviced. We were out of hotel at that time and came back to find room open.

Breakfast was awesome! Complimentary happy hour, excellent.

Very poor customer service on the part of Management and Front Desk staff in dealing with issue.
    • Standard Double Suite

Bad experience with hotel as my items purchased for friends went missing from my hotel room. When brought issue to attention of front desk personnel, was offered only $25 for a meal at hotel. Showed receipt for purchased items which we argued over at the front desk. Requested to speak to Manager, was told in meeting and to call. Night Manager was presented with issue and promised to do something, nothing happened. Given the run around by staff and Manager.

The location was close enough to the airport. Shuttle transportation to airport, light rail, and shopping center from hotel. Noelani -front desk staff person had alot of Aloha being from Hawaii.

Breakfast was awesome.
    • Standard Double Suite

Beds were full not queen. Elevator didn’t work well. Constantly waiting for elevator Waited 20 minutes for elevator but could not get out stairs on 1st floor. Had to pay $17 for outside parking and parking access was not working with room keys. Had to get multiple keys just to get into parking lot. Ridiculous

Breakfast was awesome. Best omelette ever. Staff was very friendly. Evening drinks were also awesome

Breakfast buffet is very good!
    • Standard Double Suite

When I reserve the room I request for two queen size beds and I got FULL-SIZE , very very cheap beds and uncomfortable, also too much dust on the lamps, the bathroom was dirty on the top was a hand placed on the middle of the wall, very nasty! At the time to check out around 11:20am I ask the women on the from desk the side of the beds in room 606, and she answered why?? I say because when I reserve the room I request for queens bed, and she say “oh no, we don’t have queen beds on this hotel “ she was very very rude. How can I feel comfortable with this treat ? I don’t feel good to expend another time with my family on this property. Also the pools have too much bleach !!!!

Breakfast buffet is very good!

over all my stay was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable. Took the mattress off and put it on the floor. Still it was awful. They gave me a comforter but that isn't enough. Need real pads for any kind of comfort over

Food was ok.

Not going back to this hotel anymore!!!
    • Standard Double Suite

Pool is super dirty... you can literally see the dirt Floating in the bubbles at the jacuzzi.. Super disgusting Free breakfast is soo bad super oily and bad quality food. Feel like I'm a prisoner waiting for food. Staff doesn't seem happy with their job. No one smiling from the time we check in and checked out

Other than the afore mentioned issues we enjoyed our stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

Nothing other than breakfast rush from staff.

We felt rushed while having breakfast as apparently they were expecting others for reserved seating. I feel that customers who are staying in the hotel deserve proper time to enjoy their meal without constant reminders of TIME.

Ok.
    • Queen Room

The room was not what I expected. I booked on Booking.com, they gave me a Jounor suite. The room was too small and nothing like I've ever stayed at your sites. The front counter would not up grade me to a normal size room. I will never stay in a jr. Suite again. Love your hotel, but hated that room.

The place is always clean

Nice hotel but needs work.
    • King Suite - Disability Access Roll in Shower

Ants everywhere! A lady bug too. The atrium area is a bit dull its the first hotel remodel where the before was way better than the after.

I loved the complimentary drinks and snacks during happy hour! The breakfast was good too!

Won't stay there again
    • Executive Suite

Over priced had to pay for parking didn't know about this until we checked out. The lady at the desk should take a class on customer service.

Close to where I needed to be

The pool was really warm and I really like the evening...
    • Deluxe King Suite

We had a great time at embassy suites the only thing that was a bummer was the hot tub was closed and that was one of the main reasons we like saying in a hotel. I know that’s weird but we would have picked a different hotel if we would have known. The lobby floors were a little sticky too.

The pool was really warm and I really like the evening reception, one of the staff even gave my kids special gummy bears.

The room was clean and quiet! Beds were comfy. Desperately needs updating!!!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Didn’t like paying for parking when we already pay enough to stay for the night!!

Room was great! Complimentary breakfast was terrible! Hotel and staff were not prepared for the amount of guests. Dishes ran out. Coffee ran out. Bacon gross and cold and full of grease. Hash browns not cooked through! Disgusting food! Ran out of milk! Ran out of oatmeal! No place to sit!!!! Very disappointed!

Comfortable bed, Good breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Kids running around all the floors of the atrium and playing with the elevators while parents were having drinks at the manager’s reception. Very noisy and annoying. Felt like I was at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Comfortable bed, Good breakfast

It was great!
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

Love the cocktail hour, comfortable bed in the private bedroom. Love that there is a living room so that my teenager can stay up later. The breakfast is amazing, love the omelettes!

The shuttle from the airport and driver were...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff, gave away my king room even though I kept in touch when my flight was delayed, Wi-Fi NEVER worked Shuttle back to airport next morning to get rental overbooked even though we made arrangements! $15 to park in a lot with spaces so small you couldn't open your doors, or so far away from the ONE entrance. Your "store with the 3 overpriced Hershey bars and warm soda. Dirty, old, freezing rooms I could go on, worst hotel I've EVER stayed.

The shuttle from the airport and driver were nice/efficient House keeping was great

Will happily come back!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Wish you didn’t have to pay for parking. Of course we come by car, even build parking into your room rate, its annoying to pay it separately.

Very comfy beds, great sized room, bathroom was a little basic but I don’t travel all this way to hang out in the bathroom.

Would stay there again !
    • Standard Double Suite

1. Air con in breakfast area so cold that it cooled the food too soon, Though breakfast selection was Good. 2. Isolated location - not walkable to anything it seemed..

Peaceful suite. Spacious. Free drinks & snacks every tea time ( try the "Sex on a beach" cocktail ) Lovely, helpful staff and shuttle Driver.

Airport hotel not worth staying.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room not clean, did not honor room type upon check in and did not tell about it at check in, room furniture worn out, bath room not clean. Overall poor customer service.

Proximity to the airport

Great lobby poor front desk staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was very good with made to order omelets. Front desk we're rude and unhelpful.-Gie Example- When I asked a question concerning their wifi I was told "read the card". We will not be returning

It was nice for my daughter and her friends, which was the whole purpose.
    • Standard Double Suite

Beds were uncomfortable and staff was ok, but not friendly, not even the staff in the restaurant for our breakfast time. No smiles, very irritated faces, like they didn't want to be there, over the phone, really short and at times rude. I think good hospitality would have been to have five of everything, since there were five people in the room. I didn't want to keep calling downstairs to ask more soap, more toiletries, more blankets, more pillows. A room set for five should be on the roster for the house keeping staff and it's set up accordingly. But those were really the only things. Otherwise we had a good time.

Comfortable stay for an out of state move that my small family was preparing for.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Getting in and out of the hotel was always a challenge. However, this was temporary and not a dealbreaker. I would choose this hotel again based on its central location to the airport and Seattle.

My son, dog, and I were staying due to moving out of state. Wanted comfort like a small studio apt. with the perks. Staff was always friendly, helpful, and reliable. Happy hour/free breakfast awesome!

Love the facility. Front desk manager was a rude lady.
    • Standard Double Suite

I was charged $48 more for the room, they didn't honor my booking.com price quoted. It took me raising heck for 30 min and calling the corporate office to get the refund.

Best complimentary breakfast ever

Great service and great location with a bland interior.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The interior decor was bland and the rooms were uninteresting. I like the Embassy Suites that have gardens in the courtyard and better finishes in the rooms.

The breakfast staff were really friendly and great. They went out of their way to help us out.

The breakfast staff was very friend;
    • King Suite - Smoking

The breakfast staff was very friend;y. Basils restaurant was very good. The suites are great for traveling with another person. It is so easy to take a break from each other just in the room.

Breakfast and complimentary evening drinks were on point
    • Executive Suite

Hot tub had so many chemicals when the jets were turned on it just made them steam straight up your airway so there wasn't a chance of breathing or using the hot tub to relax.

Breakfast and complimentary evening drinks were on point

Disappointing.
    • Deluxe King Suite

They over charged me what booking.com quoted. She gave me an excuse that they have trouble with booking.com providing correct rates all the time. i questioned her again and said I agreed to this rate that is what I should be provided. They agreed and said they fixed it but parking was 15 a night instead of a flat rate of 15. When you look at my bill they only charged me 15 and still overcharged me my per night rate provided by booking.com. I didn't have time to argue the issue and just left. Also when I asked nicely for a breakfast card for an omelette because I didn't get one when I checked in, they rolled their eyes at me and questioned me. I advised that I did not receive one at check in again and that i woukd not tell a fib about something so ridiculous. She then huffed at me and threw the card at me. I will never stay here again. Very disappointed in their service. Rude front desk.

The breakfast was amazing. The chef and servers were amazing and helpful and friendly.

Seemed a little spendy at first but we were able to fit all five of us comfortably in the room!
    • Standard Double Suite

The sofa bed and chair in the suite sitting area were in horrible shape! All you could feel were the springs. Luckily we were able to get extra comforters so the kids just slept on the couch itself and the floor.

The breakfast was really good and the staff is excellent and very helpful!

The staff was nice and computer and printer access was...
    • Standard Double Suite

The rooms and furniture was dusty; bathroom tub/shower area had brown, rust appearance inside of tub, and spiders spotted in bathroom and living room area.

The staff was nice and computer and printer access was perfect.

Staff needs training on friendliness, greeting customers.
    • Deluxe King Suite

I don't like the paid for parking, plus no space to park in front for temporary picking up a friend. It got really congested with people parking all over the drive way. I don't like paid for wifi,to park overnight fees. I had to wait check in and check out, when there was an extra staff at the front desk. Lack of initial acknowledgement by staff when I approached the front desk.

I like the breakfast and evening reception.

The customer service was great.
    • Standard Double Suite

The mini fridge in the room didn't but other than that everything was perfect.

The customer service was great. The staff was curtious and helpful the whole extent of our stay.

Great value and very roomy! With evening reception, it was a nice lite snack.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hide a bed we couldn't use . Way to many springs in the mattress , so we three slept together on the only bed!! Lol. Way to many gluttons! I watched them feed, themselves so much like it was a meal!!

Bed was great!

$15 a night for parking!Not cool!
    • Queen Room

The elevator stinks like feet the entire time. Dirty lunch trays on the corridors. $15 a night for parking. And $50 security deposit upon arrival. Small rooms. I could actually hear the people from the room next door. Kids running around the lobby,playing and yelling.

Free cook to order breakfast and buffet breakfast. Complimentary evening snacks and free happy hour. Location is awesome.

nice facility despite hurdles.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was difficult checking in. They initially didn't want to honor Booking.com rate. After an hour of discussion and phone calls, the manager gave us our rate.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

disappointed
    • Standard Double Suite

Very frustrating stay. The hotel overcharged us by $120 for our stay and would not change our rate despite having a document from booking. com in front of us. The manager on staff was unwilling/unable to help us to change the fare. The pool area was dirty, had to continually ask for more towels. The bathroom in our room smelled like sewage and there was a ring around the tub. Will not stay here again.

Love the rooms and very good made to order breakfast.
    • Standard Double Suite

The fire alarm woke me up in the middle of the night. The chefs stated when we went to breakfast that it happens all the time.

Love the rooms and very good made to order breakfast. The location is very good.

The happy hr and the breakfast.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Having to not only pay for my room but parking too. I was not told about this till after I got to the hotel. Not cool at all

The happy hr and the breakfast. The pool is nice but needs to be a little bigger

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

A pleasure to stay at
    • Standard Double Suite

The weekday breakfast hours should have been until 10 P.M. Folks on vacation like to sleep in a little later!

I appreciated all the amenities found in the room

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Keep looking
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pay to park with no garage. Moldy hottub. Moldy shower. Shockingly small room for bed. Musky room. Dirty curtains. Pilled bedspread.

Great atrium, easy check in.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Very relaxing and comfortable
    • Standard Double Suite

Longer open bar. Longer pull hrs for adults

My suite was very comfortable. My bed was amazing. The shower was great kept water hot. Enjoyed the room service. Staff was very helpful and kind at all times

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Bed very comfortable.
    • Standard Double Suite

Facility is "tired". Furnishing need to be replaced. Desk chair couldn't even use. No ironing board. Furniture worn. Basil Restaurant not so good either.

Bed very comfortable. Staff great. Breakfast great.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the dinner...
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

Unfortunately, the staff appear unorganized and I was given misinformation several times. We utilized their shuttle service and had to make 5 calls before confirming our pickup.

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the dinner reception.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice, OK.
    • Deluxe King Suite

No plastic liner was in the garbage can. Also the Coffee maker should have had 4 Keurig coffees I think. The Toilet paper roll dispenser seemed like an afterthought where it had to be located. I found only one extra Blanket and It was just enough but I'd like to have seen two. I didn't see there a Bible in the room...but maybe it was there, just didn't see it.

The suite was clean and spacious. Also the room location just off the elevator was nice. The Seattle attractions guide was very appreciated.

Enjoyed our 2 night stay. Having a suite gave us more space to relax.
    • Standard Double Suite

Breakfast choices were very good. 2 hour Happy Hour was Great for meeting people and relax after a busy day.

Overall nice place
    • Executive Suite

Windows on the outside where overdue for a cleaning and pool was closed for no stated reason

Love the breakfast and the suite was spacious

Only think I hated were the ants coming out of the sink
    • Executive Suite

There were ants in our sink

I like the people working here very friendly like Roland.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I like the people working here very friendly like Roland. And the kitchen crew. Beakfast is awesome.

Great until the incident with the tukwila police
    • Deluxe King Suite

The police knocking on my room door for nothing and asking my son’s friends to leave

Staff excellent

Enjoyed it.
    • Standard Double Suite

Small sized pillows and parking was a bit too much for the location.

Breakfast and reception

Close to airport

Needs to be updated

Close to airport

staff
    • Standard Double Suite

I had to pay for parking, normally I stay at the double tree by Hilton, where I don't pay for parking.

staff

Uneventful.
    • Standard Double Suite

The sofa bed is uncomfortable.

Feel safe with children.

Exceeded my expectations
    • Standard Double Suite

I loved the free breakfast and evening reception.

The Pool && Complementary Breakfast

The Pool && Complementary Breakfast

Happy hour was ok, snacks were ok, breakfast was ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was $20 a day!!! Booking.com only saved me $5 a night Room tax was $50, booking.com didn’t have that in the price!!!

The Parking Fee that I had to Pay!
    • Deluxe King Suite

The Parking Fee that I had to Pay! It should be Free!

I didn’t .

Same as above. I wasn’t able to be there

Would not allow me to change my dates due to a medical emergency.

Convenient location. Good for family.
    • Standard Double Suite

Wish that they had a laundry facility.

Excellent restaurant. Close to airport.

The happy hour and pool

It smelt really clean when you walked in

It smelt really clean when you walked in

Had a restful time and enjoyed my time. Met a lot of nice people
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room seemed to be old. Furniture was scuffed.

Free breakfast was excellent the ladies at the happy hour were fantastic Ashley and Jessica

9 year old Girls Slumber party... Successful!!!

No Complaints!

Front desk staff went above and beyond.