Reviews of Embassy Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands 4 stars

455 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094, USA

#5 of 14 hotels in Secaucus

Beautiful property in a great location.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were disappointed that there wasn’t a hot tub by the pool. After a long day walking in the city we hoped to soak our bodies.

Beautiful property in a great location. Close to the city and lots of eating places within walking distance of the hotel!

As a first time Nyc visitors this place was very convenient,...

Buy your own water bottles from your local grocery store, its expensive at the hotel.

As a first time Nyc visitors this place was very convenient, easy to get around/ family oriented/ Free parking and breakfast, Over all I really enjoyed it

Unexpected Treasures

1 complimentay drink at the Mangers Reception. The pool was closed during my entire stay. The air conditioning went out.

17 minutes outside NY. 20 steps from bus stop. Excellent location!! Near plenty of restaurants, movie theater, Sams Club & Wal-Mart. Nice size and clean room.

Night in Seucaucas

Rooms are dated. Carpet is old. Did not like the smell of room.

Rooms are big and clean. King bed was comfortable. Breakfast included and was a good variety. Close to NYC and bus stop across the street to get bus to NYC. Wifi included

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The proximity to the events I was interested in attending in...

The proximity to the events I was interested in attending in New York. The variety of places to shop and dine. The hotel staff were gracious and accommodating when they mistakenly double booked the room. Overall it was a nice stay for my family.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The hotel was so amazing so many restaurants outside and...
    • King Suite with View

The hotel was so amazing so many restaurants outside and cafes also the parking area is so big and easy to reach, the check in and check out was so easy too and they are only 20 minuets from time square.

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing was wrong room was spacious and quiet. We were given a upgrade on our room so we were able to view the NY skyline which was not expected. Nothing was wrong with the property. Free parking was a plus and convenient.

Staff was pleasant the entire trip and very helpful......... Breakfast was cooked to order and wonderful........mmmmmmmm Convenient location and upgraded room.

...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Exect for a happy hour. It's very bad food. Junk food I come from Nobscot close to Boston and the happy hour.the happy... nothing!!!!

Nice for everything

My daughter and myself really enjoyed the pool.
    • Premium Suite

I really wish they had other options when checking into the hotel. I was told you could not check in with cash, I misplaced my Debit card and they refused to check me in, the man at the front desk told me i could go buy a gift card and then go check in. Also there was a Dog Expo that was going on i really wish the hotel staff could have sent a courtesy text, and or email, or even a postimg would have been appreciated my daughter who was in attendance with me at the hotel has a fear of big dogs and we walked into a hotel full of them. I really wish they would habe mentioned that prior to entering the hotel. Also the variety of food (breakfast) was very limited it was mostly pork and eggs.

My daughter and myself really enjoyed the pool.

Disappointed.
    • King Room - Smoking

N/A, nothing, the hotel appeared to be really old, needs updating.

The room was filthy, the carpet was dirty and slimy appeared never cleaned, the first room # 104, carpet dirty asked to be moved, moved to room 830, the furniture dirty, carpet the same worse Embassy we ever experienced.

Location was perfect.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Manager at front desk informed me that I could pay cash at check-out then said it was too late because he already processed the transaction on my card. Very inconvenient.

Location was perfect. Room was a good size and beds were comfortable. Omelette station at breakfast was really good. And the hotel did an excellent job accommodating to my late check-in. Overall it was a good getaway trip for my mom, sister, and myself.

It was wonderful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The problem was the parking lots space.very limited.

The rooms have more space and clean. Breakfast was very good because there was more variety of foods.

Fun and easy

Rooms seemed a little out dated with the furniture and pictures.

The hotel was very pretty and everything was conviently located. Staff was very friendly as well.

Cozy
    • Premium Suite

Had problems with water in bathroom and cable tv went out. Called down to have some one come look at both issues and no one showed up.

The breakfast was awesome wish it would of last longer than 9am.

I was given an occupied room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was given an occupied room. The next room had a bathroom door that wouldn't close because it was hung wrong. The bed was too hard. When I left to get a snack the key wouldn't open the door. It was so uncomfortable we left around 5:00AM.

Over all it was good because I like the place.

The front of the hotel had trash on both side that was unaceptable. The dining area was such a mess “, kids and adult, spilling juice, coffee, cereal etc And the worst part was kids barefooted and no official sighn, that would reinforce when staff will tell the guest, “please shoes”, This should ibe a regulation from the hotel itsel. No I couldn’t even enjoy my breakfast I was not content at all. On festivity days you have to have more helper overseen the place while the other lady was constantly refilling the trays. Hope you can make some changes. Thank you for taking time reading what you Ask me to inform you.

The room is comfortable!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was not clean, including furniture and room. Very noisy and crowed at bar area (lots of children around with no adult supervision) and at pool area. Very disorganized breakfast buffet. Very disappointing. I have stayed in many Embassy Suites this was one of my least favorite.

Unfortunately the only positive thing was the location

Overall great facilities I stayed there before in the past...
    • King Suite with View

Was cold took a long time for the heat to get up to speed no local channels cable selection was very limited for the price that we paid for this hotel

Overall great facilities I stayed there before in the past some things need to be upgraded

My stay at the Embassy Suites Hilton hotel Secaucus NJ

It only had a pool. I would have liked a whirlpool as well.

It was in close proximity to different restaurants and movie theater. The breakfast was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful

I like the bed and the extra room.

Coffee 24 hours down in the lobby. The place needs a little updating. Just very expensive for a suite. We could have stayed in Downtown New York and played that much. Especially when we are on a budget. I actually found cheaper places in the area. Just thought this was too of the line

I like the bed and the extra room. The breakfast was great

I love the service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I love the service. Walter checked me in and he was excellent and so was my check out I didn’t get the chance to get his name because my Uber was trying to hurry up but your service is wonder the guest service tellers are great friendly and well spoken! I will be back

Not worth the money you pay.

Room was very small and cramped. Room was not clean. There was scale and build up on plumbing fixtures. No outlets on one side of bed to plug in needed devices. Nearest plug was across the room where cords had to be run in front of doorway. This caused a tripping hazard. Had to put mattress back on the box spring all the way upon arrival. Mattress was hanging off 6 inches on both side and foot of bed. Set thermostat to 65, temperature never dropped below 72 for entire stay. Waited in bar/lounge for 10 minutes before staff finally came out of back room to wait on customers. Breakfast was cold at 8:00 am. No reserved spots for hotel guests in parking garage. No signs in garage directing guests to hotel. Noted that Courtyard by Marriott had reserved parking and signage to the hotel in the garage.

Easy to find.

Can’t believe a hotel of this caliber and expense doesn’t...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can’t believe a hotel of this caliber and expense doesn’t provide any way to charge a cell phone if you forget the phone wall plug. To prove my point i’m on a business trip at an Atlanta GA Best Western right now and to my point they have a lamp that has outlets and a USB charging port. Wow. Once i saw this i had to write about this irk i have with embassy suites.

Never Never Never stay at that hotel in Secaucus!!!!!!!!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything. Starting with reception. Room smelled like a barn,furniture from 1900,stains on the carpet, linens from same century.

Nothing. I though I arrived at Motel 8.

We will not stay at this hotel again.

The lock to our room was not functioning properly. I advised the front desk who just continued to give us new keys that did not work. I also replied to a text message from the manager but the lock never did get fixed during our two night stay. It was extremely frustrating. The location was the best thing about this hotel but there are others in the area that were comparable in price. Next time we will be staying at the holiday inn around the corner.

The location was excellent for traveling into New York City. The bus came right across the street and took about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the city.

Wonderful free breakfast!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My key didn't work several times, had to go downstairs to get a new one. When it worked, it worked from the third attempt or so. When I got "new keys", my roommate's key still worked later that day, even though reception staff told me it won't. So, if you lose a key, maybe someone will be able to get in using it...

Wonderful free breakfast! Nice beds and rooms in general. Very spacious.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

good location, but need renovation to keep coming agian
    • King Room - Smoking

rooms are old, and already smelling. the first night i just had one bath towel. They forgot to add stirrer on the next day..!!!. Generally below average house keeping.

the breakfast is really good. good location

Love the pool and room was nice to have bed in separate room...

Nothing every thing was nice clean and well staffed. Especially the Spanish pregnant women at the front desk

Love the pool and room was nice to have bed in separate room from pull out bed

Staff was wonderful

Front Desk staff unable to add an extra night to original reservation since it was booked through Booking.com Linens were 'worn'. Toilet had a high pitch, loud, screeching noise - Requested repair, but nothing changed. Suggest outlets in light fixtures on night stands.

Staff was wonderful Nice location Close to variety of restaurants

Complementary dinner, snacks.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning is very loud, temperature selector did not work. Small room, small window. All looks used, renovations needed very soon.

Complementary dinner, snacks.

Convenience

TV

The breakfast was perfect and very convenient. The room had a comfortable bed, but the TV seemed a little outdated. Checking out was a very easy process, as well as checking in. Short drive to Metlife Stadium.

Good location, that's really it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't notice until I woke up (poor sense of smell), but when I woke up, it smelled moldy in my room. It wasn't pleasant. But I only stayed for the night and had business so I didn't make a big deal about it. They also charged me for an upgrade I didn't ask for. And when I questioned it, they said it was an early arrival fee, but the bill says it's an upgrade charge.

The best thing about it was that I had a trade show at the expo center and the hotel was next to the expo center. Otherwise, it was really just 'okay'.

A nice calm getaway.
    • King Suite - High Floor

I didn't much appreciate the wifi. Kept losing the signal. Took long to load a page from my 9th floor room. Our room key was problematic. Had to try a couple of times before successfully being able to open our room door or activate the elevator.

Cleaning staff were extremely pleasant and professional. Breakfast lady was amazingly rapid in making her omelettes. Front desk associates were extremely helpful with any questions we had. Felt secure with the elevator and the fact that you needed a key to access our floor.

Good but could have been much better!

Did not like the fact the hotel billed my card 5 days before I had arrived! Rooms were dated and in need of refurbishment. The gym was very basic!

We liked the location and that we were away from New York!

I would stay here again!
    • King Suite with View

City view room wasnt a very spectacular view. Ok.. But not awesome. I wont pay extra for the city view again.

Helpful friendly staff.. Awesome breakfast.. Bus stop very convenient to get into nyc

The staff was extremely helpful.

The breakfast time varies between week and weekend days. I lost breakfast on Monday, as it was closed when I got there around 9AM

The staff was extremely helpful. We arrived before the check in time, around 1pm and we needed a room because there was a sleepy child in the group. The reception managed to change our room type so we could get into one of the rooms earlier. Breakfast was included in our reservation and offered a good variety. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, very convenient to go to Manhattan. The room is big, clean and comfortable.

I think my stay was good .some not all the front desk staff need to be a bit friendlier
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the front staff not the friendliest and i was in a room WHERE I could hear the next door guest coming in and out at all times

I didn't have any breakfast because I woke up late however I got to see all the people sitting down eating and it looked amazing.my bed was comfortable the hotel was nice I loved the bathroom it was so clean and I liked the pool

Bad

House keeping room was not clean sheets were dirty need to change while we were there by the time we got back from business staff left waited an hour for bed to be change garbage cans had no bags three trip there so far this was the worst

Overall it was great!

The patrol guy was very worrisome. I had a birthday slumber party and the girls were excited! They got a little loud at times but I taught them the importance of lowering their voices because there are others sleeping around us. They quiet down. But the patrol guy watched our every move and I didn't like that at all!! He followed us from the pool all the way back to our room. There were no complaints about the noise from other guests. He was being extra in his patrolling efforts. I managed the girls just fine. They just need to put a leash on the patrol guy. Other than that, the facilities and other staff were great!

Contact the hotel for booking they'll be straight up and give you cheaper rates
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price That booking.com charged was different from the price that the hotel charged me. Booking.com charged me 356.00 and when I got to the hotel they charged me 424.00 plus a $50 hold on my card. At first I thought that it was tax but my original price for my room on booking was $302.00 before taxes... so you do the math.

It was really accessible. And the breakfast was great.

The hotel is nice and in a great location! Easy to ride a train or bus into the city
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast lady on Monday was rude! She obviously didn't enjoy serving others like the weekend cook did!

The omelettes were made to order. The cook, I believe her name was Phrapa, was wonderful! She was so friendly and had great customer service. She remembered what everyone in line ordered without mistakes. Her omelettes were delicious and she gave service with a smile! We loved her!

Embassy suites was a great choice.I never stayed at one of their properties.

My toilet was plugged and it took about 4-5 hours to get fixed.We had to use the restrooms by the pool.That was a huge inconvenience.It did get taken care so I was pleased with the text message of when maintenance would show up.

The cook Prada was super nice and our housekeeper was excellent.My daughter loved the option of having egg whites.I drove from Milwaukee and I was able to check in early without a problem, that was awesome.The Sangria during happy hour was and the snack option was great.

Would not book again
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Run down room. durty old bathroom. Water did not drain in the shower. Executive suite had electric problems and lights would not turn on in half of the room. Wifi was terrible.

Excellent check in, room, towels, bed, and food and drinks.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Wish there was a sauna or hot tub and a bit larger pool but besides that nothing bad to say at all.

The breakfast was awesome. The water pressure in the shower was outstanding.

It was a good stay, but not my usual excellent stay at Embassy Suites properties.

Despite using a separate credit card for each room, I was charged for both incidental fees. I am only making this a point, as I booked the room for both parties. Booking.com said the rooms would not be charged until we arrived at the hotel. The manager chose to charge both rooms to my credit card without consulting us. I am typically used to a charge being held and then at checkin or checkout, I am given the option to make other arrangements. It too entirely too long to correct this issue and even the staff was uncertain why we were charged in advance. The pool was down for cleaning for two days. Really, this is peak holiday travel and so this should have been done at some other time. It is obvious the hotel is getting older and so they need to make upgrades

I have been a loyal fan of Embassy Suites. I know it is not a 5 star hotel, but it has always been satisfactory to my family. We have always enjoyed the hot made to order breakfast. There was some initial confusion with the hotel wanting to charge me for parking; said it would be $41 dollars. I contacted Booking.com and they were given another reason for this amount. When we arrived, I had booked two separate rooms and we both had to pay a $200 incidental fee. . I would definitely stay there again. The weekend chef was excellent!!!!!!!

Bed was comfy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location of room was next door to staff only access so there was a lot of activity and slamming of self closing doors TV reception was lousy

Bed was comfy

I'd stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough outlets in room. The AC in our room didn't work well. It never got cold even after lowering the thermostat.

The breakfast is made to order.

Enougth good things
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel charges me instead of i prévented the desk front that i did came late from NEW YORK the last day!

Le design de l'hôtel. Ça donne l'idée de famille.

lt was okay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only one person cooking for all those people lines were really long. We had no tiolet paper in pur room, we left the last roll on the counter so it could get refilled and none was put in room so we ran out. We had 3 people in our room to shower no towel refills last day we had to share towels to dry ourselves gross!!!!

Breakfast food was excellent and location

Location is nicely located.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room key is not good. I have to try to open couple of times before finally it is opened

Location is nicely located. It's surrounded by plenty restaurants. The lady who serves breakfast is great! she is nice and friendly

I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know

The internet was horrible!! It made it frustrating to get work done, but it was really nice to be so close to the convention center.

The breakfast cook was amazing!! Also there was a gentleman at the front desk that was super fantastic! He gave us directions and was there to help with everything we needed, I believe his name was Alexander. The lady that worked in the hotel bar also deserves a pat on the back, she was extremely helpful, quick and pleasant! The rooms were spacious and I thought they were a fantastic deal! The business center was very nice, it gave me the opportunity to print my boarding passes before I left. I stayed for business but I would definitely consider taking my family here for vacation!

Great breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't have the opportunity to take full advantage of all the hotel had to offer.

Great breakfast. Cooked to order options. Free drink at bar for hotel guests.

Good Value - Good Location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room service food wasn't very good at all. It certainly wasn't a $70 offering. It took them all day to pick up the tray outside of our room. The person who cleaned our room, did a mediocre job. We were a bit disappointed. There was a large noisy family on our floor running back and forth by the elevators, yelling and screaming. This happened multiple times during our stay. Someone from the hotel should have made them stop.

The breakfast omelette lady was amazing and friendly. She juggled so many orders at once and never made a mistake. The front desk personnel were very friendly and greeted us every time we came and went. When we expressed disappointment with our room service meal, she refunded us with no questions asked.

JUST QUIET AND BORING.
    • King Suite - High Floor

WAS VERY UNSATISFIED WITH THE SHUTTLE BUS CALL DESK TO SCHEDULE A PICK UP THEY TOLD ME 1;10 WILL BE PICKED UP WENT DOWN STAIRS WAITED DOWNSTAIRS FOR TEN MINUTES ASK THE LADY AT THE DESK ABOUT THE SHUTTLE BUS I GUESS SHE FORGOT SHE CALL THE DRIVER HE TOOK MY NIECE MY BABY AND I TO WALMART NOT TO MENTION I WAS HERE FOR A HAIR SHOW ,GOT TO WALMART DIDN'T STAY LONG DECIDED TO CALL SHUTTLE BUS ALL OF THE SUDDEN NO DRIVER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY FOR THE REST OF THE DAY HAD TO CALL A CAB WHICH HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME 12.00 HAD TO TELL THE CAB IM NOT FAR ,BUT ANYWAY THE HOTEL SHOULD OF HAD A BACKUP DRIVER OR SOMEONE COULD OF MULTI TASK AND GOT ME BECAUSE WHEN I GOT BACK THERE WERE 4 PEOPLE BEHIND THE DESK I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND.WELL MY NEXT COMPLAINT THE ELEVATOR WAS DIRTY AND NEEDED TO BE CLEAN ! MIGHT JUST BE BETTER AT THE HYATT.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Not worth $$
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy, room had problems with lights, room was outdated and in need of repairs. Bathroom was fine. Free breakfast line was so long and the fruit was cut too close to rind.

Great Hotel

A little ways out of the city. But you know that going in.

Breakfast, happy hour, and safe location. Easily access to bus across street to go into town

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

All the staff was very friendly and helpful

2 of the people i booked with needed a smoking room, and it wasnt a very nice room and the television was broke

All the staff was very friendly and helpful

The staff in the from desk did a great job (the people from...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like is..I don't understand why u can't do nothing about when some child is locked up in the room and u can open the door from outside is something to worry about

The staff in the from desk did a great job (the people from morning time)they was very Amazing, gre as the costumer service

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Bus into town opposite the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is in serious need of a renovation. Rooms are extremely dated and dull. However the beds are comfy and the shower was good.

Bus into town opposite the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Excellent Comfort & Convenience

The gal at the front desk who checked us in was rude; she insisted on billing their standard rate even though I was quoted a much better rate by Booking.com. Her answer was since I booked thru a 3rd party, I'd have to work it out with them. The folks at Booking.com were great (Louis) - he contacted the hotel and they honored my quoted rate. Hotel Manager Jorge was very polite and helpful.

The location, the amenities, the cleanliness and comfort were 1st rate. The food was over the top for a free hotel breakfast. Loved the free parking and the manager's reception. The room was spacious and just perfect for our needs.

A sweet suite for our mini holiday.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom: shower didn't work; sink was kinda clogged...drained very slowly.

The staff was excellent; location is perfect for me; convenient parking; breakfast was ample.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The room was spacious and it was great that a huge breakfast...
    • King Suite - High Floor

We had to get our key cards replaced because they didn't work. We could hear loud neighbors through the vents.

The room was spacious and it was great that a huge breakfast was included! Free parking was a plus. It was so easy to travel to NYC with the bus stop being right across the street!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Good breakfast, clean comfortable room.
    • King Room - Smoking

We originally booked this hotel expecting a hot tub jacuzzi along with the pool as the pictures show. but when we arrived they were covering up the used to be hot tub with cement. We were very disappointed :(

Good breakfast, clean comfortable room.

The furniture looks old and the bath has some damages and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The furniture looks old and the bath has some damages and look old especially the wood and towel bar with rust.

It was very nice and loved the pool

It was very nice and loved the pool

The breakfast was just fair.

The breakfast was just fair. No pancakes and the fruit was not ripe.

Great hotel and staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room, breakfast, free parking. Staff upgraded as for free and was very polite.

Breakfast was good

Pool was out of Service we wanted to get in the pool

Breakfast was good

Overall it was a great stay

They charger and extra 50 when you arrive and I still Haven’t received it back

The hotel was very clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Only found 1 pillow and sheet for fold out couch.

Only found 1 pillow and sheet for fold out couch. No blanket or additional pillows.

The staff was fabulous!

The staff was fabulous! They were so courteous and polite, always with smiles on their faces!

Fair
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Credit card was charged before checkout even though we told them we were paying cash😡

Nice stay

Poor WiFi infrastructure Very small and noisy pool

Pappa breakfast was on point

The bed was very comfortable.

Carpet wasn't very clean and the bathroom missed the mark on cleanliness.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was large and plenty of space.