Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore 3 stars

555 North Westshore Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609, USA

#25 of 120 hotels in Tampa

The facility ran out of towels for an entire day. The elevators took 5 minutes to come, my family & I ended up taking the stairs several times. The parking is terrible & inconvenient.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator take toooo long and the sofa bed was so uncomfortable my neck was twisted.. the way they serve breakfast for the suites that have complementary breakfast is so wrong .. it feel like u are in a school cafeteria.. they should change!!that to room service breakfast ask the people the nite before what they want have the breakfast ready on the door the next day !!! 👈🏼

The staff was very nice 👍🏼

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was horrible. If you have a large vehicle then I would suggest saving yourself the heart attack you will have driving through the parking garage, and just pay for valet parking. The garage ceiling is so low you can actually see marks where vehicle have scraped the top. The rooms look really boring and bland. Our room also had sticky stuff all over the floor.

Great breakfast, very comfortable beds

The tub in my bathroom was really ancient and needs to be upgraded.

The breakfast omelette was EVERYTHING! The staff was amazing and the bed was so comfy!

Waited until 5pm for our room for a 3pm check in, breakfast area too small for the large capacity of guests, omelette bar an hour wait, no towels or pillow delivery, super understaffed.

Large rooms, comfortable furniture, nightly cocktails

The pictures of the hotel showed a stall shower but the room had a bathtub which was a little more difficult to maneuver for my husband with mobility issues.

The room is so spacious. It was nice having a separate lounging area with couch.

• Queen Suite/Mobility Access with Bath Tub

Staff was awesome. We got their very early and they did everything they could to get us into a room asap. Shuttle driver was excellent and the breakfast was incredible. Great all around.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pay for parking and WiFi, very old , broken desk in the room , I asked for a blanket for my son for the pullout bed and I have never received it! He had to sleep with nothing!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

check-in was very bad I ask to check-in early it was ok got there early about 9:00 no rooms yet, ok I went to grab a bit to eat came back still no room. Now its 10:30 no room 11:00 no room all the way up until real check-in no room. I didn't get my room until 4:10 I was very upset I tell you, and it was a very bessy weekend check-out is at 11 and no room until 4 not good. know discount on anything for all that wait time or anything. Breakfast under cook rush job to many people at one time. Need to replace pull-out bed its wore out.

the bar area was nice, room was a good size.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking attendant was terrible. Waited for ten minutes to be given a pass to park in the garage.

Beds were comfortable, suite was clean and had a pleasant scent.

The staff was very NICE, but you can be super nice and still not provide good service. When I arrived, my carpet was stained and torn, there were lights and outlets that didn't work, I was not able to operate the TV, and there was no room service menu. (This reduced my comfort rating from great to just good.) My main issue was the room service menu because I was tired and hungry after traveling and I just wanted to eat and relax. I tried calling the front desk for about 30 minutes and nobody answered. I had to go downstairs to speak with someone face to face. Again, the staff was *super* nice, but that did not explain why my room was missing so many basic necessities. The manager said the phones never rang, so I guess we could add phone to the list of other things in my room that did not work. The manager helped me to troubleshoot my TV and said he would send up a menu right away. After 30 minutes there was still no menu, so I used my cell phone to call downstairs again. I spoke to someone different this time who said she would send up a menu. After ANOTHER 30 minutes went by, It was now 8pm (I checked in around 6), and I was starving. I called the dining room and asked them to read the menu to me so I could order something. At this time, someone finally arrived with a menu. Had I known it was going to be like this, I would have gone out, but the reason I ordered room service in the first place was because I was tired and I was paying for convenience of not having to leave my room. Despite this situation, the rest of my stay went fine and I would be willing to stay here again. The hotel was not bad, but it did fall short as far as meeting my actual needs. While the breakfast was phenomenal and free, I don't need free breakfast. As a business traveler, I *need* free wifi and parking. Wifi was $4.95 per day and parking was $11 per day. I would rather stay somewhere where the wifi and parking are included in the price. These are necessities.

Comfortable beds, amazing hot breakfast, large suites with plenty of room.

had carpet stains. not enough cups and coffee in room for 5 people, not enough towels,called for coffee packets,sugar and creamer and was told if they could find some they would send, they sent none,called in am and it was sent. we were not told of evening reception, overheard guests ahead of us being told something about the stairs to the reception area but thought maybe my party was excluded. i was given poor instructions for meeting airport shuttle, had to walk a lot more than necessary, was barely offered an apology much less any type of compensation , for being inconvenienced overall disappointed in the service. Thought I was staying somewhere that I could trust.

good selection for breakfast, hotel clean-overall,comfortable beds.

• Queen Suite/Disability Access with Roll- in Shower - Non-Smoking

They put a 50 dollar hold on the card which will be put back in a few days but there was an extra 40 charged to my card but no one could tell me why. Manager was unavailable until Monday so will talk to them then. A few stains on carpet and furniture could be updated.

We liked everything - no complaints

The lady making the omelettes was awesome. The waitress and bartender were great for happy hour and dinner at the bar. The shuttle driver was friendly and prompt. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

Shuttle service to Tampa downtown would be nice.

The pictures actually do not do justice to the property. 1st time to Tampa, sure to return. Will recommend the property to friends.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, I found that the hotel did not have me registered. I showed them the Booking.com confirmation, still could not find me. The hotel staff was extremely helpful in finding me a room without hesitation. Can not complain about the staff or the accommodations. Not sure what happened with Booking.com’s communication with Embassy Suites.

Helpful staff, comfortable and clean accommodations, good breakfast selection, and close to interstate.

My only small issue is paying $8 per day to self-park. We were about 3 miles from the airport so I thought this was the only downside.

The suite was huge. I would have to say that it felt like a timeshare instead of a hotel room and I didn't have to cook. The breakfast was wonderful and the evening managers reception with free drinks was the icing on the cake. The room was clean, the bed felt great and they gave me a room on an upper floor with an awesome view. I was alone the first night so I ordered food from the restaurant on site. It was great too. No complaints. We used the free shuttle to the airport so I was able to turn my rental car in early. Awesome stay.

the restaurant was not attractive at all. You can eat in the bar but it is small and immediately full. We just had a cocktail but the bartender did not have the right ingredients and therefore the Dark & Stormy was not that good. A waste of money probably. Bar tender was nice, friendly and helpful. We did not stay to eat. Ask reception for nice restaurant in the area. I believe 52 was a nice restaurant and the food was also very fine.

The price.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We booked at the last minute when our previous hotel had a mandatory evacuation for Hurricane Irma. The staff were amazing and kept us really well informed for what might happen. We were lucky our flight out of Tampa wasn't cancelled and took the free airport shuttle to the airport and found out our driver had volunteered his time as they were short staffed (understandably). All staff were fantastic and a big shoutout to our amazing driver for helping us to escape Irma.

Just the smell in the elevators kinda hurts your stomach especially after eating delicious breakfast

I was very much comfortable in my room... no noise was able to get the much needed rest and sleep... breakfast buffet was the best my kids was happy 😊 most important... staff was excellent... and it was affordable for me being a single parent... can't wait to go back... thank you

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel does not allow hook up for gaming, all tv are equipped so that you can not connect playstations or other games devices.

Enjoyed having a separate living room from the bedroom, gave it a more home like experience, spacious. Love that they offer valet parking

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

Arrived 1100 am to check in room not ready which was ok but they took our phone number and never called. Final we went back at 330 and the gave us a room but not the one I booked and they did not tell us they downgraded us until I complained. They said they would call when the correct room was available never hurt from anyone

Hotel was very clean

• Two Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was not immediately ready at 3:00pm checkin and there were not enough luggage carts had to wait to unload luggage from car. Refrigerator in kitchen area of suite was too small for all of the refreshments we brought along. Power connectors in bedside lamps did not work.

Booked a 2 bedroom suite for a swinger 3 some. Suite was comfortable and perfect for playing and allowed everyone to retire privately after. Property was clean and very inexpensive compared to the cost of a regular room at surrounding properties.

The only thing I didn't like was the elevators were so loud mechanically that I could hear them in my room and it kept me up most the night. Definitely not pleased about that. If I ever stayed here again I would definitely ask for a room far away from the elevators. They need maintenance

The facility was very nice along with the staff. The deal was great especially with the free breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Queen Room with Bay View

Curtains in room were falling off the rod. One front desk staff was very unfriendly.

The lobby was very nice, can't beat location , needed handicap parking which was great. Most of the staff were great.

Nothing! I only wish my schedule allowed me more time to stay longer and enjoy the pool and the convenient room amenities.

The breakfast was a wonderful surprise unlike other hotels that say "Breakfast included." Eggs made to order, hot oatmeal, grits, anything you would want for a hardy breakfast was available. The bed was very comfortable with soft and firm pillows for your preference.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, although the woman at the desk was nice, she had to run 3 of my credit cards before she could get it to go through, all 3 cards were charged the full amount of the room. I'm still waiting for the return credit. Also, she did not give us a parking pass because they "ran out", said she would comp the 10$ parking fee for the inconvenience but we had to pay cash before going past the valet. I was also charged 10$ to my credit card. As for the room, The vent in the bottom of the door to the bedroom kept falling apart and the latch would not catch, so we could not close the door. The bathroom had thick pieces of dirt around the corners of the bathroom, like a left over from grout to do the tiles. The bathtub had rust stains and dirt marks on the walls, a little unsatisfactory to give 4 kids a bath in. The couch pillows had a brown substance smeared into them. I'm assuming chocolate. Upon check out we were also charged and additional 20$ for movies, which we did not watch. Received a credit on the reciept but has not cleared my credit card. Overall was a decent stay just not what I expected for 160$ a night.

The front desk woman was very nice. Comfortable beds and spacious. I liked the separated rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very strong sewer smell in the lobby and even on the 8th floor were our room was located that staff obviously was aware of because tge used different fragrances to try to mask

The room was comfortably furnished and very clean

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's always crowded, so parking can be tedious unless you pay to be parked.

The breakfast is always great; so many choices to choose from. The staff was very friendly and was quick to assist us with moving to another room when the sink was stopped up in our room. One staff member volunteered to bring me back a shoe that I had dropped on the way and wouldn't let my kids go get it. And happy hour is a great time to go down and network. The free drinks are an extra perk.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows weren't comfy and who checked us in wasn't very accommodating for us.

Bed was comfy, breakfast was very good, and the view was nice.

Toilet ran all night. Recent being charged almost $50.00 for a security deposit AFTER I checked out with a zero balance. Was told they hold this money for 10 days in case damage to the room occurred during my stay. Friends who also stayed did not book through your site and were NOT charged this fee. This fee was not disclosed upon check in or check out.

Nice breakfast. Comfortable room

The rooms are dirty. Carpet didn't look like it was ever vacuumed. Shelving in bathroom where towel stored was thick with dirt and dust. look like a urine buildup around the toilet quite dirty at least my room was. The restaurant is very un organized slow and small . food is mediocre you are better going out to eat.The majority of staff is nice. With the exception of one young man who worked outside he was a bit of a smart ass and rude not just to me but other people

spacious rooms good breakfast beds are Rickey but comfortable. The majority of staff is very nice. With the exception of one young Man

The carpet in our room was stained and spotted and the furniture could use some updating. Also didn't like having to pay for parking. In addition, I went to the "gift shop" (really a snack room) early in the morning to get my son some juice. I was even willing to pay the ridiculously high price they charge, just to get him some juice. Although I could get coffee and even beer or wine, there was NO juice, whatsoever. Seems like a standard thing to offer orange juice among all the soft drinks, teas, alcoholic beverages, etc., but sadly, it was nowhere to be found.

I loved the size of the room! We got a suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. I couldn't believe the size of the suite, with the separate kitchen and all. It was great. I also like the separate bedroom with an extra TV. That's good for those who might go to bed earlier when others want to stay up. Bed was comfortable, with nice pillows.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Shuttle service not clear, not operationg as said (every 30 minutes) Also the information of shuttle is not at print out of booking

The attention of staff was unbelievable ! Front desk staff, porter, breakfast staff - all amazingly nice and helpful !

TV that turned off every 5 or 10 minutes on it's own (we weren't there to watch tv - but was irritating when we tried). When I did try to call about the tv - no answer at the front desk after ringing for minutes. Never had enough towels - 3 people registered in room - not one day were there 3 towels - every day had to call front desk or catch cleaning lady.

large room. staff nice when you could get in touch with them. good location. 30 min from beach, minutes from stadium / restaurants / shopping

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C unit in our room was noisy. Clicking on and off. One day our room did not get cleaned and no fresh linens. One quick stop at the desk and it was taken care of.

Staff was amazing. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was more than enough and happy hour was nice too!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

We ordered a Balcony room but the doors were permanently shut. This option should not be listed on your amenities.

Complimentart Breakfast & Evening Reception was much better than expected. Especially nice was the 2nd floor deck / terrace. Great for socializing or just to hang out and have a cocktail.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

I did not like that booking.com tried charging my credit card twice and the hotel had hidden cost like paying to park, 116.98 hold on my account incase i stolen anything, booking.com lied about the hot tub in room, the maid service was not that great, and the road to get into the hotel was blocked off.

Everybody was really nice, and happy hour

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

The only thing is I wish the price would stay the same all year round

Me and my husband enjoyed everything about the Embassy. From the location, staff, the hospitality and the ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST BUFFET included with the stay. This is our favorite hotel!

Guest left dirty dishes in the hallway from room services and no one picked them up from house keeping. It was 3-4 roomd. From the time we checked in until we checked out those dishes sat there.

We loved every thing about the hotel!Nice reception in the evening band a great breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Arrived at 4 pm to check in, room was not available until 615 pm, therefore was not able to use the pool and relax before our dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant. Have to pay for parking. The iron in our room did not hold the water and dumped out black chunks on my clothes. Will stay somewhere else next time in Tampa

Room was clean, good size, air conditioner ran very well, beds were comfortable. Breakfast buffet had good selection of food available. Evening reception ok. Transportation to nearby places

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that they had to pour concrete, so the elevators were packed. It was only 2 available to get on.

Continental breakfast was awesome! Happy Hour was great!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

They're under construction so the lobby was very noisy. Luckily I was already checking out by the time I noticed. The elevator made weird noises as well but it worked just fine.

Breakfast was DELICIOUS! Staff was super friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

At busy times of breakfast, they kept running out of plates, silver ware and food, but other than that it was great.

The breakfast was good. Room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Kids loved the pool and the location to busch gardens was great for us!

Breakfast was the best.

The carpet in the rooom was stained and worn.

The omelete cook was great. She had thw line moving quuckly and did an excellent job preparing the food.

Paying $11 per day to park in the garage is ridiculous !

Breakfast was excellent. The rooms were clean and bed comfortable. Close to highway for easy commute.

The buying of WiFi.

The breakfast.

Very accessible friendly staff

Booking said that had hot tubs in the room and they don't

The breakfast was good.. but no option was available for people who dont eat pork..

Everything was great

The cost of one night, no bell hop

Accomadations

Suite was very comfortable and we had two windows which was nice.

Needs updated...expensive

Close to airport and port

• Queen Suite/Disability Access with Roll- in Shower - Non-Smoking

A bit dated

Staff was great, especially the happy hour and breakfast staff!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our ac didn't work first night Had to move rooms The bathroom was dirty with cracked tiles

Close to destination

The toilet was dirty

The setting of the lobby

Rooms carpets dirty

Pool

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stained carpets and mold in bathroom

Nothing to comment on.

We really like the separate bedroom from the sitting area and kitchen. Great complimentary breakfast.

Ask for blankets for sleeper sofa, got towels. Called housekeeping - no answer

A completary bottle of water or two would have been nice.

The staff was very accommodating in that I got a room before the check-time.

Looked like everywhere USA. Box stores, chain stores, and all the franchise stores. I only saw a bit but not impressed,

Check in seemed to take a little long, staff not super personable

Breakfast staff are fantastic! My kids loved the pool

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In-room dining! It took more than an hour and a half to receive a salad!!

Comfortable and lots of space.

I think the staff could have been a little more friendlier and proffessional

Location was close to airport for our needs

Location and parking

We had to request towels two of three days.

Location, Happy Hour

Everything way great!!!!

I Loved everything, but most of all the breakfast was the best, esp. the Omlette.

great place for the holiday with the family

cleanliness was terrible. I had to move three times and only one out of three elevators worked.

• Non- Smoking King Bed with Pool View

stain on carpet in the room

room was spacious, breakfast was great