Reviews of Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon 3 stars

10220 Palm River Road, Tampa, FL 33619, USA

#16 of 135 hotels in Tampa

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

There is no better motel for the price

This is an older facility, hence I believe lower prices than usual for an Embassy Suites. Still kept up and in good shape. Just a little long in the tooth.

The rooms are quite large. The nightly managers reception very nice. Breakfast is excellent. Good value.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Our stay was very nice. Staff was very polite and helpful
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed when i saw pets( 2) in the building. I saw a lady that was utilizing the pool let someone in the side door and they were walking with a small dog and i was told no pets. Myself and kids have really bad allergies and I stay at pet free facilities. I saw this on my last day and I just wasn't happy because we was told that it was a pet free and smoke free hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Wonderful stay, staff was super helpful and would/ will stay again.

Nothing I didn't like

Very clean, of course the breakfast was the wonderdful. Love happy hour. I liked it was not as big as other Embassy's not 30 floors 5 was just enough for the just the right amount of people. The drive from the hotel to downtown wasn't bad at all basically a straight shot.

Great place to spend your 58 year anniversary and any other time.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that we did not like.

We liked the staff and how friendly and helpful they all were. The breakfast and cocktail service and food were great. It was our first stay at Embassy, we will be back.

Great Place to stay.

Nothing. I really enjoy the place . Excellent for the money.

Every time I visit my son in Tampa I like to stay there. Very close to everything. Food is awesome my Son loves it. Specially breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausages pancakes.

Personal friendly, installation clean and comfortable.

Smell old pee in the bathroom, I think clean personal need use a brush to clean the bathtub and wall, the toilet is stained yellow, the sofa bed green cover is old. Long line for waffles and egg for almost a hour.

Personal friendly, installation clean and comfortable.

I appreciated the staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The quality of the rooms could be better. The sleeper sofa mattress was very uncomfortable. It was a very poor quality mattress. The blanket for the spare bed was not even good quality it was POOR QUALITY. It seem like for an Embassy Suites you would expect better.

I appreciated the staff. Especially the crew at breakfast and the front desk. Annie, Yosh, Zach and Mariela were very kind and hospitable

My stay was phenomenal; I will recommend this particular property to my friends and family.
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

There was nothing I did not like.

The bed linen was "pillow-y" soft... My family and I slept so comfortably. My elderly mother who is a very active lady, awakened without any familiar pains. The pillows are extra soft and supportive.

Everything was amazing.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was amazing. Check in was super fast which made it even better considering we drove 12 hours to get there. All the staff was so nice and attentive especially the ladies at breakfast. Everything was clean and it smelled really nice the moment you walked into the lobby. I will definitely stay there again. It is worth your money.

Gym is really well maintained and they provide free...

Pool was not clean TV in room has limited choices .. no Netflix !

Gym is really well maintained and they provide free headphones Room is clean and comfortable Good breakfast

Wasn’t like the other Embassy’s we stayed at. Disappointed.
    • One-Bedroom Premium King Suite

Room was hot, ( but it was fixed)breakfast wasn’t kept full everything was ran out of and took to long to wait for. Snack tray wasn’t kept refilled as I was told it was going to be. They where doing work on the parking lot so people parked anywhere. Side Door to the outside was never lock. Our bathroom door didn’t open correctly. Hallway smelled like sour water.

bed was comfy.

A Nice hotel with even better staff!

I'm not sure if it was just our room, but the AC didn't seem to be working properly. When we arrived the room said it was 68, which should be cold but wasn't turned it down to 65 and that didn't feel that cool. better air circulation in the bedrooms or a ceiling fan would have mead it better for me.

We enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites. The staff was beyond nice and hospitable. As soon as you walk in, it just smells really good and everything is very clean. We enjoyed the fresh breakfast....much better than any continental breakfast. We were close to everything we needed and just around the corner is the Town Center and it is right off of 75. Beds are pretty comfortable too!

Our stay was great, we wish we could have stayed longer.

Be sure to inquire about all fees that are due at check in (incidental fees).

The rooms were very spacious! If you are traveling with kids, the double room with sitting area is an excellent choice! The breakfast was great and the complimentary drinks were a plus!

I will come back but I will book directly with the hotel

The pillows and mattress were not of high caliber. I overpaid on booking.com . My room on booking.com was 148 plus tax. Had i booked directly with the hotel it would have been 124 plus tax. Disappointed

The hotel employees were all nice

It was a pleasant experience and we will definitely stay here again

The water pressure in the shower wa2nt very good but that was our only complaint.

The rooms were very spacious and quiet. The breakfast was also delicious and had a lot of variety.

I have to say that I enjoy the same and I'd also recommend it to anyone else. I will be coming back
    • One-Bedroom Premium King Suite

Well my coffee pot didn't work and I called down stairs at the front desk to report it, although nothing was done about the situation. Needless to say we didn't have an opportunity to drink coffee early in the morning.

Breakfast was excellent, and so was the staff.

Great Family friendly hotel.

Great Family friendly hotel. Breakfast buffet included in room rate was an added bonus, plus very convenient. Room was very clean and comfortable. Very spacious rooms, plenty of space for family to hand out and not get in each others way. Lots of privacy in room.

All in all this hotel is overpriced for the amenities provided, but I would recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds and pillows were too firm. The unit was missing a hairdryer. The sleeper bed mattress was too thin.

I love the oversized flat screen TV’s. The breakfast buffet was perfect.

Minor issue at check-in in that the price I had for the room...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Minor issue at check-in in that the price I had for the room via booking.com did not match what embassy suites was going to charge. If I did not have the paperwork, I would have paid $150 more. The hotel gave me the credit and all was well.

I loved everything about this hotel.

The only thing I didn't like was the last morning before check out. A housekeeper knocked on my room door then just can into my room. He/She didn't wait for a response from me nor anyone else that person just walked in. I was not happy about that at all.

I loved everything about this hotel. My five girls (3 was mine lol) and I booked this hotel stay for our trip to the strawberry festival. You will definitely get what you pay for. The happy hour was great the snack bar was great the food was awesome. Breakfast was very impressive the guy who made four omelets at once while make waffles. Very impressive and they great. I had fresh omelets and waffles I had both mornings I woke up. My five girls really enjoyed there stay.

My daughter couldn’t swim the first night because they...
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

My daughter couldn’t swim the first night because they shocked the pool st 8pm. The second night she swam for 45 minutes the ended up getting a bad rash and hives. It was reported to front mgr

It was good
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

We had no hot water all weekend. You had to let water run a long time to just get warm.☹️☹️ I was also overcharged and had to call back from airport and then told to call booking .com them back to hotel!! I was not happy

Bed was great breakfast was great

It's a lovely place for a romantic getaway.

Everything was excellent.

The entire staff and associates are the friendliest, most helpful you'll ever find. The breakfast buffet is definitely a treat. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Excellent hotel

No hot tub, booking site listed that it had one. This should be corrected.

Hotel was in excellent shape and design was very up to date. Reception and breakfast both were excellent. Loved our room, clean and comfortable.

Overall good stay. Lots if amenities close by.

Housekeeping was poor. I had to call everyday because they either didn't leave towels didn't empty trash or missed cleaning our room completely.

The breakfast was awesome.. Made to order omelettes and waffles plus a buffet every day included in the room rate.

The food at the restaurant, on the evening of December 25th...
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

The food at the restaurant, on the evening of December 25th was disgusting let alone we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes after the order. We pretty much left everything on the table, and the waiter was kind enough to wave the bill completely.

Staff was very helpful.

They didn't have my booking reservation so we had to leave and find another room the next day.. This is the first time that this has happened to us using Booking, then when we checked our bank account they charged us for the 2 nights instead of 1 so it took 7 to 10 business days to get 159.00 back in my account.

Staff was very helpful.

From the friendly staff to the free drinks at night before...

From the friendly staff to the free drinks at night before our concert, wonderful breakfast, my wife ate eggs for the first time in six months, being pregnant eggs have disgusted her, I could not ask for more

Great experience for a reasonable price. Very pleased with my stay!!

I have NO complaints.

I was very pleased with my stay. All of my expectations were met, and some even exceeded. The room service was exceptional. The food was great and delivered very promptly!! Both servers were outstanding.

I had a good time, and I would definetly stay again!

I really didn't care for the 'happy-hour' food. I would have preferred better food and drinks. The Mango bar was not that accommodating if you were not actually in their area for additional food and drinks.

I liked the hotel cleanliness, the facility was pretty and there was easy access to restaurants in the area.

Excellent hotel experience

The noise level on Saturday night was a bit excessive. The hotel was fairly crowded. I stayed on the 5th floor (top floor) and could still hear the noise in the atrium. Sunday morning breakfast was really crowded but the staff was very friendly and quick to clear off tables.

Excellent breakfast, best I've ever had at a hotel. Made to order omelets and waffles. Very courteous and attentive staff. Loved the evening reception. Can't wait to stay again!

Over all a good stayed !!!

Air conditioning was not working in the room. Unavailable to move because property was at full capacity. An noise was to much. According to front manager there were a lot of people stayin there for a concert happening near the property. They continued partying once they were back at rhe hotel.

Michael at the restaurant was very pleasant and attentive. Zack at the front desk was very helpful. overall staff was great.

The breakfast was awsome and check out time was great!

The price through booking .com was high,I am a federal employee and should have booked directly

The breakfast was awsome and check out time was great! Really loved this place and will definitely stay there again.staff was helpful and rooms were ubove and beyond what I had expected

The staff was excellent, very friendly.

Everything was excellent.

The staff was excellent, very friendly. They make you feel at home. Very clean hotel and quick responding to any situation. I will go back again.

I loved being able to have a hot breakfast without having to...

Everything was great with my visit, nothing to report as a dislike with my experience.

I loved being able to have a hot breakfast without having to leave the property. The pool hours were reasonable. I was unable to make the afternoon snacks and drinks, yet everything was set up very nicely. The staff was amazing and the rooms made you feel like home with the bed of clouds.

Orlando Embassy Suite was awesome, maybe you should follow suit.
    • One-Bedroom Premium King Suite

Men in pool drinking alcohol & blaring rap music. We had kids in the pool & didn’t appreciate their foul mouths or music. Cigarette butts every where. There was a paper cup & glass out front with cigarette butts in them from Thursday to Saturday night. We expected better for an Embassy Suite hotel.

The food wasn’t bad.

The website stated there was a hot tub/jacuzzi at this...

The website stated there was a hot tub/jacuzzi at this Embassy Suites location. There was not. Very disappointed. My husband and I booked at this hotel specifically for the hot tub/Jacuzzi. We came to relax. Very disappointed.

Bed is super comfy.

Room smell kind of funny and the bath tub was not too clean.

Bed is super comfy. Staff is friendly. Quiet building despite the fact that is located next to the highway. Room has a separate area from the bedroom with a desk and a sofa bed.

Exceptional experience at affordable pricing.

Bed was a bit lumpy.

Very spacious suite. There were two TV's, one in bedroom and one in sitting area. Great omelet station. Sound proof room. Evening reception. Overall, Embassy Suites is an exceptional value.

I will certainly recommend Embassy Suites!

Nothing was a negative about this stay. It was great!

Our stay was FANTASTIC! Great room, location, welcome happy hour and especially the great breakfast. I will definitely look for Embassy Suites whenever I travel in the future! Thank you!!!

complimentary drinks and snacks at evening reception, great...
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

complimentary drinks and snacks at evening reception, great size room with separate bedroom and living room / mini kitchen facilities, plenty of wardrobe space.

Excellent value
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff, good facilities excellent rooms. Free drinks and snacks on evenings was greatly appreciated. Breakfast was also excellent.

Not happy do to no Jucuzzi as booking.com falsely stated it had.

I was very disappointed with the fact that Booking.com states that this facility has a Jacuzzi, when in fact the hotel states its been gone since January. I purposely searched hotel in this area on booking.com for hotel near Busch Gardens that have Jacuzzi's. I have a bad back and after 3 hours of driving was looking forward to that perk. I was told by the staff that it is Booking.coms fault that they list that, and not their own. I would had left...however, I had my 10 yr old son with me and it was nearly 7pm on arrival. I will not use booking.com anymore due to the fact that I will not know if I will be able to trust what they list anymore. :/

Great location but housekeeping failed to clean our room multiple times!
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

They cemented over the hottub within the last year but the description does not reflect the reduction in amenities. The road noise on the upper floor was much louder than the 3rd floor behind the palm trees facing Brandon Blvd. The two sheets used as a duvet was ANNOYING! The "fitted" sheet used was a queen size and it took housekeeping two days to fix our room, and when they did it was the Housekeeping manager because the front desk and the person who answered the housekeeping line didn't note our repeated requests. Maintenance was quick to fix our shower light. Housekeeping failed to replenish coffee and even skipped cleanings. Sadly disappointed the most important department was the worst part of our stay.

I love the convenience of this location to the mall, I75, and Tampa. The nightly free drinks reception is great. The breakfast is fantastic. Receptionists were very accommodating and got us a normal room on the spot when the room we were given (handicap) was unacceptable.

Nice location..marginal service

Parking shared with other hilton hotel and rental, which meant parking away. Limited parking near front door which was 1 of 2 and the only all night entrances. Complementarity evening hrs...snacks often poor choice.

Location was great and room spacious

Great staff , breakfast choices and value
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had the worst experience with housekeeping services . Couple in the pool decided to use it for the wrong reasons . Lizards and ant in/around pool. Kids not being supervised when eating or during managers reception

Not as we expected
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The experience of Thursday on our arrival was not the best welcome, nothing pleasant. When we went to the rooms we found the beds crumpled and dirty.We called the customer service representative and with a very bad face made housekeeping out and changed the sheets. WiFi is not free it costs $ 9.99 to register.We rented these rooms and got a price Including taxes, when we arrived at the hotel we had to pay $ 60 extra for each room, very disappointed with all the hidden charges that this hotel has. For our experience I do not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Breakfast excellent

Enjoyable but could have been better if properly cleaned .

When we arrived to the room housekeeping had obviously missed items the trash in the bathroom was full and the nightstand in the bedroom had empty water bottles behind it .

The comfortable bed , the living room and bedroom were separated by a door .

Really

When I came to check in approximately 2am the desk attendant was no where to be found I called; the phones rang, no one to be found I took it upon myself to check some of the offices behind the desk I found the desk clerk sleeping away while the phones are still ringing. She didn't say anything got up like nothing was wrong and check me in.

Room was very clean and fresh

Feel of resort for a lot less.

When you come in late, hard to find a parking space but we've found that to be the case regardless where we stay, (i.e hotel, motel, large resort etc.)

For the price, loved the fact it had a separate and complete living room, with a second large, flat screen, HD TV... Nice! The wife and I could be together or have complete privacy between us if desired. (people who've been married for a few decades understand this).

Fun family friendly clean stay😉

A jacuzzi 😘

When we got there the room was ready and they gave us breakfast and complimentary happy hour with snacks also the cucumber soap it is great I wish they'll sell it I would buy it Ashley and the bartender sorry I did not remember his name were exceptional great service I will be back. My kids had lots of fun with the game boards fun fun fun

My amazing weekend at the Embassy Suites of Tampa Florida

The only thing that could make this hotel better would be to have all hotels be as beautiful and efficient as this one was.

The room was not only super clean buy it was both beautiful and very comfortable. The breakfast they offered was amazing!!!!

The stay was great the loxation was the best
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing i went out everyday i left at 8am came back at 4pm room wasnt done i was there for foyr days

The food was a 10 cooked to order omelette great place to stay

Overall Ok Stay

Room was right by exit door, you heard it opening and closing all night and morning and the room was hot AC didn't get that cold.

The room was nice and the breakfast was good, staff was nice as well.

I always stay at Embassy properties but after this stay I could possibly find another one...
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

Housekeeping was awful! The pool wasn't clean... Things floating around... For the price I wasn't pleased

The staff that worked the bar area.. 7-10 shift... She was excellent!

Would definitely recommend, and book this venue again!

The toilet made a horrible noise, and the doors to bathroom and bedroom creaked something fierce, lol, could be pretty disturbing in the middle of the night! a little wd 40 and a plumber could easily fix those. There were dirty towels and food left out in the halls. I realize this was guests , but it was off putting. Maybe having someone checking the floors for untidy guest droppings.... The Pool, May I suggest you get some umbrellas or some sort of shade? I had to drag a chair almost into the bushes to get some shade. Really all of these things are easily fixable, and after interacting with your staff, I am sure our next stay will address all these things.

The staff was great! helpful, went above and beyond! My granddaughter was having an allergic reaction to a bug bite, and the young lady at the front desk, actually ran across to another hotel to get her some benadryl! Every one of the staff really went out of the way to make this time as stress free as possible. Our room was clean and the housekeeping staff were so nice, and worked around our schedule. I don't know who does your hiring , but great job! Also Breakfast was great! Also nice surprise on the Happy hour snacks and drinks! Well done!

Our stay was great!

There was a faint musty smell in our room. It was not overbearing by any means so we decided tp stay in the same room but it was noticeable when we walked in the room. Also, the pool was not as clean as we expected, we could only stay inside the pool for like 30 minutes which was a little bit of a let down.

Our stay was great! The property is very modern and all of the staff members are friendly. We loved the breakfast, it was really good! They have a lot of variety to choose from so there is something for everybody. The rooms are spacious and we were lucky and stayed on the first floor so all of the facilities were very close to our room.

Very nice service, restaurant open until 23:00.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very busy breakfast, breakfast area a bit messy. Food not so good (for European standards)

Very nice service, restaurant open until 23:00. Room was clean and quite quiet. Breakfast omelette chef very fast.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Romantic date night

There was an additional charge I was not aware of until arrival.

The room was very nice and the strawberries and champagne I ordered were delicious!!! Breakfast was a nice bonus, too. My boyfriend and I look forward to staying here again for date night.

Embassy suites - 5/15 Review

Parking lot was unorthodox and appeared to be shared with another hotel. Also many sections of the parking lot at night was dark.

Hotel was easy to locate. The suite was a decent size. Also, the hotel location was convenient to shops and entertainment.

Very pleasant until the very end when delayed looking for cart to load luggage

Definitely NOT enough luggage transport carts! Only 5 for entire property. Had to search parking lot and follow another person to retrieve a cart.

The hotel has been redecorated since our last stay very nicely done upgrade Buffet breakfast was good. Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great Mini Break

Entry to the hotel is not easy to find. No Signs from main streets to side street for entry.

Fantastic full breakfast with eggs and waffles cooked to order. Area had plenty of seating to accommodate all.

I LIKE THE FACT THAT BREAKFAST WAS COOKED TO ORDER, THE...

I JUST THINK THE ROOM WAS A LITTLE PRICEY AND SMALL .

I LIKE THE FACT THAT BREAKFAST WAS COOKED TO ORDER, THE OMELET WAS GREAT AND SERVED WITH A SMILE.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

very nice

the water pressure was really slow and the tolit had problems

great complimentary food and drinks. The staff took off $20 from our price because of the water problems.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Very comfy bed.

Possibly more variety of breakfast items

Very comfy bed. Nice staff and good service. Lovely pool. Happy hour was good fun. Room was facing the main highway but was not noisy

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The rooms were not as advertised!
    • One-Bedroom Premium Suite

YOUR ad stated that the room had TWO bedrooms, which it did NOT!!! It was supposed to have been a premium room. When I asked about this, they brought up a tray with candy and snacks to "upgrade" to the "premium" level. The room was OK, but it was not what your ad stated it to be. I was very disappointed in this and feel you should change your ad to reflect what the room is really like so others are not mislead like I was!

Made to order breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Unpleasant!

Guests in lobby were very loud and obnoxious could be heard in my room on the 3rd floor. During the morning could hear a dog barking nonstop!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

great deal with great free perks
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Loved the Complimentary Happy hour after a long business Day. And had a delicious complimentary Omelette in the morning.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Everything was wonderful

Nothing, everything was wonderful

Everything was wonderful

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

It’s was great my family loved soon to make a visit back

Everything Was So Nice employees Was so respectful

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Michael Fleming
    • One-Bedroom Standard Mobility Access with Tub Non-Smoking

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Breakfast was excellent and enjoyed the managers reception.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were very uncomfortable

Breakfast was excellent and enjoyed the managers reception.

Fairly easy access

Fairly easy access

The best

Very clean and comfortable feels like home