Reviews of Embassy Suites Tampa - USF / Busch Gardens 3 stars

3705 Spectrum Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA

#49 of 120 hotels in Tampa

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Time to renovate rooms. Furniture and carpets dirty. I put sheet over furniture so that I feel comfortable using. We make monthly trips and would like to know why hotel does not accommodate patients of Moffitt a priority? Block rooms for patients use please.

Location to Moffitt Cancer Center

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The conference rooms need to have individual AC controls. This happened last year at another seminar. Shame on me for not bringing a jacket!

The free happy hour and breakfast was a real plus.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Bathroom sink didn’t drain well. All lamps were unplugged so had to locate plugs and plug in. Midway through blow drying my hair it stopped. Neither outlet in bathroom worked. Had to dry hair in kitchen area. Upon check out girl was rude when I asked for a paper receipt and then only printed my parking receipt. Had to ask again for a receipt for my room. She acted annoyed. Never asked me how my stay was.

I don’t know how breakfast was since we slept in and did not get there by 9:30. I did not know they stopped serving that early.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

-Grandkids were playing in the game room and the machine took the money and did not provide the prize as quoted on the machine. When to the front desk to get help and was told SORRY not ours YOU are OUT OF LUCK but you can call their 800# but GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! - Call from the pool phone to order lunch - No body answered. After 20 minutes went to the rest. and had to find somebody to take the order for another 40min delay. - Prom night what bad language These three events took place while we were trying to have a great time with our 4 and 6 year old grandchildren!

• Non-Smoking King Executive Suite

The room was musty and smelled like mildew, the beds were as hard as rocks and not enough pillows. The alarm for low battery on the fire system started chirping about 12:30 am and went off every 20 minutes the entire night, this was very nerve racking and made us very tired for the next day when we were taking our daughter to Moffitt for cancer testing.

The location to Moffitt

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

First of all, while I was still on your website, the price of the rooms dropped $100 and I could not do anything to get the $100 off of my reservation without paying for two reservations! The phones didn't work, coffee maker still had water in it which in-turn spilled all over the counter when I filled it with my water. After cleaning it up, I found out that the coffee maker didn't even work. When I tried calling for assistance, that's when I found out that the phones didn't work either! It was dark and I didn't notice that I must have touched the 911 button but over an hour later someone came to my door and asked if everything was ok!!! I can only sum that one up with WOW!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

PAY to park?! Not enough elevators, spend 10 min on average waiting for elevators every time, mediocre pool at best.

Super staff, beautiful facilities, great location.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A little dated, could use an upgrade.

The location, accessibility, and value. The breakfast was great also! We were celebrating our anniversary so our lodging was very important, and it did not disappoint! We would definitely stay here again and will recommend to our friends!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Tables were full at breakfast and omelet line was very long. Two of the three elevators were not working so the line to carry baggage up was extremely long. When we got into the one elevator it was so full that a young child was scared that it was going to break while we were in it.

We had a nice stay, it was last minute so we were happy for the availability. The location was easy to access an Uber to pick us up for a night downtown Tampa. The bed was very comfortable...room was nice.

NA

I try to stay at an Embassy Suites each time when traveling for the breakfast that is offered each morning. This is what sets them apart from other hotels of the same quality.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is literately a few blocks from Busch Gardens. Very import if traveling with children and they are tired, I will not like to drive to far. The breakfast is wondering as expected. Thank you Embassy suites

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast was disappointing. Foods on buffet were cold and omelets are made like an assembly line.

Very close to Busch Gardens and loved the shuttle service.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The table was old and scarred.

layout of the room, with a TV room, couch, table, refrigerator, and microwave in the front, and beds in the back. the lobby was stunning with waterfalls, plants, and a Christmas scene.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning wasn’t working right. Very cold was the only setting working. Had to turn it off completely to warm up the room. But we weren’t in the room much.

Breakfast was very good

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is not brand new, so you have to deal with some things that are somewhat dated, but overall it was fine.

The bed was extremely comfortable, in fact we asked the room service manager for the brand as we are in the market for a new mattress. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a problem checking. Dameon at the front desk was pleasant but when we got to our room it was a king room. There was an array of goodies but not for us. When we went back down and I told Dameon abut the room he said that there is no guarantee with the bed when you book through Booking.com. I told him that I use them all the time and have never heard of such and that I will call them now. He then gave me a room but it was a handicap room and we had problems with the handicap shower. The rooms needs updating very badly.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dust over the piano in the bar (I only saw it, did not go there, but it is dissuasive). The NOISY air conditionning. Hotel is a bit dated and the closet is really small for hsmging your clothing. The dripping faucet at the bathtub.

Staff ultra friendly and helpful. Really well trained and responsive, I needed lots of information and got excellent guidance. Also the ladies and the gent at the restaurant/bfast were top.

No Indoor pool.

I love that everywhere you went the staff always spoke n asked how u were doing n if everything was ok. Complimentary drinks was great. Breakfast was awesome n the waitstaff Gabriel was Excellent the two mornings me n my family was there.

View wasn't the best

We loves staying there This was our first time staying at this facility of the 10 years you going to Tampa for HallowScream We will stay again Close convience to park with LYFT Breakfast was delicious and free Which is always a nice perk.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room did not have the provision of a good wi-fi service and I struggled to connect the same with my computer. Despite my several complaints all that was suggested by the person at the desk to try options which worked on my mobile device at ground floor but not in my room. It was slow on my mobile device but didn't work with my computer inside room. The mini bar had no option of any snacks and it was not clear why it was there then.

I really liked the location of the hotel within the University where I was visiting as a guest.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Gentleman at the front desk sold me some tickets to the Tampa bay bucs football game. He took me for an extra $45 per ticket. Not happy and I let him know. That means he made $90 from the transaction Ticket value was covered up with a sticker when I purchased them Very disappointed

Staff and room were great Loved breakfast and everyone was so nice and helpful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

they advertised free breakfast until 10:30 so we showed up at 10. there were no eggs and they didn't make anymore. the lady in charge of cleaning up was a little snooty

pretty much everything

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was very surprised and disappointed that this Embassy was not up to standards of others I've stayed at. The room had a broken TV in the living area and we had to move to a different room that smelled of some kind of cleaner. The breakfast line was too long to get any bacon or sausage and the scrambled eggs were like rubber. Settled for coffee and a small muffin.

Nothing. I never write reviews but had to on this one.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't like that the only jacuzzi was by the pool and not the room one of the reasons I chosen the plase and the fire alarm rangd and we went out the building 5 times within 2-3 hours crazy with a 10 month old was not happy

The food was grate an the kids liked the diffrent options

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not like having to pay for parking each day ($9 ea.)

Everything was great, loved the breakfast, happy hour was nice, and the hotel restaurant food was delicious. All the staff we interacted with was wonderful and accomidating. We would like to acknowledge a few of them. Gabriel and Gloria at breakfast. The chef and staff at the Managlin Restaurant.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

At night when there is no movement the ax tends to not kick on so it gets a little warm in the room even when the ac is set to 67. Needs a fan to circulate room in the bedroom

Loved all the pillows on the bed and breakfast was awesome! Room was comfortable and the my kids loved the elevators

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The hotel was affordable but we would always like a better price! 😎

Breakfast and free happy hour was nice but the suite style rooms that accommodated all 6 of us was the best feature. I would have liked a bigger pool but it was still very nice and worth the money.

• Double Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub Non-smoking

The fact that they over authorized and charge your credit card, my stay was $451.00, they charged and authorized $1,100.00 on my credit card, not a debit card.

Location on campus

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The quality at breakfast could be improved upon. Other than that I would use this hotel again.

All my interactions with the staff were very professional and accommodating. Neatly dress and presentable. Good personalities and genuinely pleasant.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel has aged. Needs updated.

Location to Moffitt and the shuttle service. The drivers were terrific. I left my iPad in the room after checkout. Went back concerned and the housekeeper had it bundled and ready for me. Appreciate the honesty and great service.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk folks were not friendly. We were put in a room already occupied. No apologies. Tried calling back to the front desk and every other number on the phone to ask questions. Not a single person answered the phone. We went down to the front desk and not a single person was there. They all finally came out of the back after several minutes. Instead of addressing us, they went to the phones and made calls. No concept of customer service at all!!

Lady working the breakfast area was fantastic. The front desk folks could learn from her!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

No hot water for our stay. I understand that is not normal but it was very undesirable and no discount on the payment. Otherwise, all good.

I love the staff. All were the best reason for a return. So very professional, friendly, helpful, kind. All good things. The receptionist we call wonderful, Adam, Marty, Kevin (Wait Staff) the restaurant hostess. I love the facility, the lobby is amazing. I love the amenities, the breakfast is wonderful, the complimentary evening drinks were amazing. But best of all was the staff. Pay them well, they are your best.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Double Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub Non-smoking

There was a fire alarm and everyone had to leave the building. Once it cleared, we took one of the elevators to the 4th floor, but got stuck in it for about 15 minutes. They did the best they could, but this equipment is probably a bit old and needs to be replaced..

Great Breakfast! Large rooms. Super-Friendly Staff at the counter and all around... very friendly. Great whirlpool too...

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved everything! From the moment we entered we were treated like royalty. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home and the room was beyond comfortable and fitting for us.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Above

Service staff great, friendly as always.... A lot of problems extending staff for a death in family. Told by embassy suite there would be no problem to extend stay.....93 yr old ..world war 2 ...VET , in last days in hospice care. They took new reservation for us..lost it to the system to the point getting are room already considered fully book,with our things still inside, but would not get new keys til big deal....we have not receive emails yet !! Very unprofessional... getting disappointed in treatment from professionalize service that I expected and told my guests which is why we paid for embassy suite not less expensive Hampton they are normally at ... the snacks at 5:30 are cheap and family does not drinking so this is not a a plus... you had warm food before... seem cheap.... husband and I not please.... his company only use embassy suites and hiton hotels... this property is not to standards...we expected more ...Stephanie and David Harlan, Harlan2010@comcast .net We do expect a response

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The fabric of the hotel/rooms is beginning to look worn. Bathroom tub faucet was dripping continually even after alerting staff.Bathroom was particularly shabby.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• 1 King Bed Smoking

Poor gym facilities, pool was under reservation with no prior notice, no free wifi service

Beside USF, comfortable, shuttle bus available, decent breakfast and happy hour, nice staff, clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

-Bathroom was old -the sausage served at breakfast was too well done -while in the bathroom the conversation from the guest next door could be heard

The continental breakfast and proximity to park

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our first room spelled like smoke immediately walking in. The guest beside us must have been smoking cigarettes because we saw smoke coming through the bottom of the door where the rooms are connected. We had to put a towel down to stop the smoke. We reserved a non smoking room but fortunately after calling we were able to get the room switched.

The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

We just stayed at an embassy suites for 4 nights and this one is not even in the same ball park. Dirty, clogged toilets, needs remodel, high priced, and at breakfast they were hustling the patrons for tips.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

A clean room

I was quite disturbed to hear my daughter complain about the absence of cleanliness in the bathroom upon returning to our room at 11:30 pm after getting my son settled in at USF.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had several challenges when we checked in and had to change rooms 2 times which is very difficult with 3 children under 6. I was disappointed that in changing rooms the second time there was no assistance offered (the front desk brought me my keys, I asked for help and they just dropped off a cart - no bellhop help - I was too frustrated to ask again). Our third room had a clogged sink and broken pullout couch, but I was done with moving rooms at that point. The facility is in a great location however, it's old and falling apart and in need of a major renovation. The staffs friendliness is the only reason we stayed!

The staff was very good - they are happy and helpful. There was one employee, Nancy, who helped us every morning to get a table set up at breakfast and ensure we were all set with our three little ones. She made the whole difference and if it hadn't been for her we probably would have left the hotel due to the room issues we had.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some people of the staff in the front desk have no patience to give additional information.

The accomodation is awesome! And the restaurants' staff is gentile and kind.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Jesse at the check in counter was fantastic. All other staff were very courteous and friendly but he just made me feel like we had the right place immediately.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are a little dated

The staff was great the breakfast worth getting up for the shuttle to the parks and restaurants great. I parked my car and didn't get back into it until I checked out.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Need a better housekeeping staff. The room was dusty. Bathroom nasty. They tried to clean it up a few times. Housekeeping persons we had was lazy and after being told what needed to be cleaned better, she still didn't fix the issue the next day. The rooms need upgrading also. This place has the potential to be amazing.

The breakfast is good. The restaurant is excellent, better than some outside restaurants. Staff is very nice and accomadating. Managers are very competent and quick with check in and check out. Close to Busch Gardens.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

A bit mor varied brakfast

The personnel at breakfast time are very helpful.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The buffet was excellent. The room was comfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Falsely advertising to have a jacuzzi in the room

The property was well-groomed clean decorative

Elevator were broken down

Size of room

Old outdated

Big breakfast,

Their non I didn’t like

I loved everything I can’t pick one it’s kinda hard

Caffee

Bedroom

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Extra costs for wi-fi and parking

Free happy hour

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Outdated, found dirty socks in closet, very over priced for old facility in poor repair.

Location near Busch gardens with free shuttle

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe update tv for game systems

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The place is dated and the carpet felt dirty!

The breakfast was good and room service was fantastic!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

no hair caps on unit for the wife

Staff

Very nice clean

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are outdated and free breakfast food was horrible

Location and ease of parking

Looks a little outdated.

It was so close to Busch gardens, restaurants and gas stations.. Being that its a college area, could be why

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't what i expected from an Embassy suite or Hilton hotel.

All

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Two Double Beds Accessible/Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Updated

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room was in need of some renovation.

Breakfast was good.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Love everything

Yes everything was great

Old feel.

Extremely friendly staff. Lovely lower atrium area.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms a.c. did not work.

The breakfast buffet is really nice

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything...excellent hotel, clean rooms, excellent staff.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms are not clean and are out dated.

Everything was great

Service

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs renovations. Buffet food was mediocre

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty hotel. This place use to be nice and have good management. Wont be going back.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The internet was a problem. No WiFi available and the telephone did not work

We liked the room