Reviews of Embassy Suites Tysons Corner 3 stars

8517 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182, USA

#10 of 17 hotels in Tysons Corner

6.2

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Best hotel I've stayed yet!
    • King Studio Suite

I wish the breakfast was open pass 9am, considering that we don't check out till 12.

Room was spacious and clean. The staff were professional, helpful, and friendly.

Bedroom breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

One staff was not pleasant i asked for water and she just looked at me walked away came back with a bottle of water I said thank you she said nothing that was just one evening staff cuz all of my stays have the staff have been very pleasant and professional

Bedroom breakfast

Didn't feel comfortable at this hotel due to mistakes made . I know no one is perfect .
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk clerk gave me keys that didn't work at first at check in . Could have overlooked that . On the second set of keys given to me ...they were to a room already occupied by another guest . That was disturbing to me . Never had that experience before . Very unsettling to me . We were able to access his room just like that . Not a safe hotel in my opinion . I have stayed at other Embassy hotels in Richmond va much nicer and staff is very alert always . Much safer . Also be aware there is a $10 a day parking fee as well at the Tysons Corner one . Didn't know that either . Richmond parking is free to guest .

Emmanuel the manager doing everything he could to comfort me after the misshap with the front desk clerk at check in .

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Very nice and clean hotel.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Bedroom was quite warm compared to the living room even with the air conditioning turned down as low as possible.

Very nice and clean hotel. Suites were really nice with a separate living area and bedroom in the back. Delicious breakfast with lots of variety and an omelette chef. Free happy hour included!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Look no further, this is the best place to stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area was nice however I've never seen him in Embassy Suite that did not have a hot tub. There was a lifeguard on duty for the pool but no hot tub!

Room 722 was wonderful. Bed was comfy and provided a good night sleep. The breakfast was awesome. Wide variety of food, I really enjoyed the fact that we had two options for sausage for example we had pork sausage and turkey sausage. There was an awesome selection of fruits pastries and bagels for breakfast also.

Breakfast was great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My a/c didn't work in the bedroom. The bath tub drained very slow

Breakfast was great. Happy hour was very nice. The facility is very nice and cozy

Spacious room with a 80s charme and modern appliances (TV,...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevators are a little slow during rush hours.. : take lower floor and use stairs. ;-)

Spacious room with a 80s charme and modern appliances (TV, Coffeemaker..), clean and almost none wear & tear. Great fitness room, pool and exceptional breakfast for a hotel in that price range.

The check in staff wasn’t friendly AT ALL.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was celebrating a birthday and was super excited to check in and get my weekend started! Was greeted by a really rude woman who checked us in. Didn’t even say hello, didn’t crack a single smile. Put a damper on an otherwise wonderful stay.

The check in staff wasn’t friendly AT ALL. Everyone else, including the bar staff was awesome!

I checked out on line , but couldn’t get through gate out...
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I checked out on line , but couldn’t get through gate out of parking lot. Gate didn’t open. Others had same problem. Long line at front desk with only one staff person trying g to assist . This seemed to be a particularly busy weekend for the hotel and happy hour, breakfast were great. But the confusion at check out was disappointing. Hotel should have anticipated the problem or at least at had more staff available to assist . The poor woman at front was desk was overwhelmed but was as gracious as possible under the circumstances

Customer service....response time. Cld be way better. But I love embassy suites!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I think I was over charged....I contacted hotel via email. And have not received a response. How rude, I work hard for my money.

Free happy hour. But some things priced highly. Breakfast was delicious

It was ok
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Disability Access/Non Smoking

I did not like the fact we were not informed before we checked in that the swimming pool was not in service. When I brought that to managements attention . I was disappointed at there response. Almost dismissive.

Happy hour I do not drink but the wonderful women who tended that bar made me a delicious non alcohol drink

Staff were wonderful, rooms were wicked clean and updated...
    • Superior King Connector Suite

Renovations (albeit a necessary evil) were very distracting. Although the staff did what they could to accommodate guests, happy hour and breakfast were chaotic to say the least. The pool was closed and only one elevator was operable for 8 floors during breakfast and check out time. A disclaimer on the main website would have been nice or a more orderly flow to meet the needs of breakfast time.

Staff were wonderful, rooms were wicked clean and updated nicely. Happy Hour is always a nice touch!

The room is spacious, clean and good value for money.

Just no water to drink in the room. Nothing much.

The room is spacious, clean and good value for money. Very good breakfast and staff are really friendly. We stayed for 2 nights, and there was some construction and the pool was closed for refurbishment. There was an open bar that really made our stay nice and cozy.

It was good
    • King Room with Hard Wired Internet - Non-Smoking

I have not gotten notice about their constructions. Swimming pool was not available, and it was little noisy in the morning. The air in the room was stuffy.

It was clean and staff ws nice

I love the free breakfast which included omelets made to...
    • Superior King Connector Suite

My only complaint is that the lighting is not good in the living room.

I love the free breakfast which included omelets made to order and free drinks in the evening. The staff was superb! The rooms are nice because they have a living room and bedroom.

We are happy with our stay in the Embassy suites in Tyson Corner
    • Superior King Connector Suite

The hotel is under renovation . Most Of the time we were out so this was not a problem for us . The room are renovated already ; nice and clean. The Staff was very helpful and nice . The hotel is very close to the metro - silver line.

Ignore the last of tge rennovations and enjoy a comfortable stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No complaints here the best

Even though there was the last of the renovations goin on expected to be complete tge end of June 2018, the staff did their best to make everyone feel comfortable from free drinks and snack buffet to excellent breakfast including made to order omelets. The room was comfortable and quiet and tastefully already upgraded. New linens and towels looked like new Serra Oerfect Sleeper beds too that was very comfortable.

It was a nice getaway!
    • Superior King Connector Suite

The hotel was under construction so of course the pool wasn't open and it was a complete hassle using only one elevator. I left an item in my room and was told that they couldn't find it

The breakfast and and manager reception was definitely nice. The rooms are nice and spacious.

Nice location but won't be back
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The place felt dirty. Plus I would have liked to have known that there was construction going on. The pool, fitness center and the main restaurant were close. The construction started at 10am till 4. I was there to enjoy the hotel and I honestly didn't.

The female bartender on Saturday night was nice. The bed is always my favorite thing about Embassy.

I loved the managers reception.
    • Superior King Connector Suite

There was construction going on and it almost seemed as if you were interrupting them if you had to pass by

I loved the managers reception. It was a great welcome to the property and a good value

sabrina and tyrone had a wonderful time
    • Superior King Suite

i loved everything

Everything was just so wonderful my husband and i didn't want to leave should a great hotel the room was very clean the stuff was wonderful the bed was so soft the the pool was not open but the stuff give us passes for a pool down the street they gave us everything we needed and more we will be back soon!

It was a great stay for my family & I would stay there again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing that was not good is the Embassy Suites is doing construction for an upgrade in the lobby & where you would eat breakfast. They only had one working elevator during this past weekend. Other than that, everything else was great.

The service was great, the room was clean, & the breakfast was amazingly good! The location of this place was good too! The staff were very polite, & they took care of you with care!

HORRIBLE
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

No bath tup, airconditioning did not work, atrium and breakfast area under construction - at breakfast: long line, very little staff to help, no coffee, no utensils, no place to sit, no fruit, one man cooking eggs for 30-40 people - HORRIBLE!!!

What I liked best: That I was there only ONE day.

The rooms where very nice
    • Superior King Connector Suite

They over charged me for my room and they didn’t even let me know before booking the room that the hotel was being renovated so we couldn’t get in the pool or go to the fitness room or nothing then the elevator takes about 2-3 minutes just to come

The rooms where very nice

4.0
    For the money it was a ripoff. Don’t mind paying if I feel it iis worth it
    • Superior King Suite

There was a mattress in front of our window. We were next door to construction and pounding and talking all day. They should have closed one floor at a time to update and work on the rooms. No ice on two floors. Could not get the shuttle to come after us two days in a row at the nearest metro station. We waited an hour an finally had to walk. Not easy for a 75 and 78 year old ladies.

Breakfast ok

The location was perfect, the metro station was 1 block walk from the Hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room overlooked the roof. The new carpet smell in our room was very strong.

My bed and pillows were super comfy. The room was very spacious. The bathroom had plenty of room to move around. Nice big TV to watch and there was an iron to de-wrinkle my clothes. The couch was comfy. Although there was mega construction going on they still managed to have the breakfast buffet plus drinks and snacks in the evening for free!

I enjoyed staying at ur hotel all though I accepted more for my stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No answer calls + we asked for a extra blanket and no one get it for us tell next day we should ask again And the internet wasn’t good at all

Put more stuff for service .

I
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was construction going on. My son has allergies to sheet rock dust and it made it miserable. The pancakes for the breakfast was hard the eggs dried out. All in all the breakfast wasn’t what it was made out to be. And it was a very long walk to our room Because they had the way to our room blocked Off. Carrying bags and with a one year old and a three old made it a little difficult.

The room was nice.

I will happily to return to this hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking should be included in the room cost. Our room key wouldn't open exit 'gates'; we had to return to the lobby to have it fixed. Another way to keep the parking slots for Embassy Suites customers only is desirable.

The suite was roomy, decorations modern and stylish, all needs met.

Hotel under massive construction only one operating elevator, lobby dirty rooms dingy looking
    • King Room with Hard Wired Internet - Non-Smoking

Hotel made me move rooms the evening before I checked out for remodeling purpose they left my room door open and moved my personnel belonging from the bathroom.

Hotel staff was pleasant but not helpful shuttle van dirty with body damage

The General Manager on March 31, 2018 was very accommodating.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Glass in parking lot No ice machine Hotel under construction Phone didn’t work No vegetarian menu Children loud playing in hall after 10:30pm

It was nice but could have been better
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under a ton on construction. The breakfast was cold. The swimming pool was under construction. I was not aware of the construction or I would have spent the extra money going somewhere else. We were very excited for the pool and hot tub and were disappointed.

The room was really great.

Forced to make the best of it as our stay was non- refundable.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

We were told pool and fitness room under construction. Not so, half of the hotel was under renovation. No lobby, front of hotel entrance entirely blocked off. Check in thru a side door and thru a maze of temporary walls leading to a check-in desk. When workmen came on Monday morning you could smell sewer in lobby area as they were working. Our prior stays at this hotel have always been nice, not so this time. Only one elevator operational. Took forever. There were broken crackers on the rug near our room that stayed there for three days that no one would vacuum up. They were hard to miss. Couldn’t understand that.

My husband and I decided to take an short, romantic getaway...
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The only issue we had was that the entire hotel is under renovations and we were NOT aware of this until we arrived and checked in at the property, but the staff was very professional and made sure that we were taken care of.

My husband and I decided to take an short, romantic getaway and our overall stay was pleasant and comfortable. The staff was AMAZING, food was AWESOME!!! Room was very clean and renovated.

The room was the only thing we expected it to be.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The lobby was under construction, main entrance was closed, handicap parking was barricaded Access was on side of building, remote from parking, no luggage carts available with one elevator running. Interior walk way were long and against barricades.

Room was nice, good breakfast, cocktail hour was good and fun.

Embassy Suites is not trustworthy.
    • King Room with Hard Wired Internet - Non-Smoking

Atrium is under construction, was not informed of this prior to staying. Resulting in dust every where, complete chaos. Only one elevator working. Unacceptable abuse of clientele. Bait and Switch!

modern, well kept room breakfast was much better than competition

It was ok
    • Superior King Connector Suite

Hotel was under construction only one door for entry and exit the site allowed me to pick a smoking room get to the hotel and the entire hotel is non smoking

Clean rooms soft beds

Enjoyable stay, staff were great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is undergoing a major remodel, dust and constructin going on and very small space available for breakfast. I understand the massive undertaking of the remodel and I will stay there again even if remodel is not complete.

The staff was great especially given the major remodeling of the hotel. Breakfast was still great.

good but not totally good
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

That I was not inform about the construction that they were doing while i even called at least three times before I got into the place and no one told me about it or it might be my mistake that I am not checking their website but at least one of their staff should inform me because I even asked for a lower floor and the reason they gave me that there is no available room anymore.

as expected the breakfast is good and the room is clean

stay away there are too many other options in the area and the staff is the worse
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

this place is under construction, the authorities need to go there and shut them down ,unsafe to stay there, unhealthy vapors,paint smells and construction equipment inside the entire hotel,no services as advertised, the management is the worst

nothing,

Large/clean room especially for the price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My only "complaint" was that there was construction going on in half of the building which woud've been nice to know about beforehand - but you really couldn't hear it from the room in the morning so it wasnt terrible.

Large/clean room especially for the price. The staff was very kind.

construction in progress so only one elevator available and...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

construction in progress so only one elevator available and construction obstructions made the facility less attractive and functional as usual. Should be great once completed.

Good stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the front room, which faces the hallway feels very dark.

although the hotel was undergoing renovation, there was no discomfort or inconvenience. The staff was very nice, the breakfast good. The pool and fitness room were not available, but we weren’t there for those.

It is in a pretty good location and once renovation are...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were put out of the hotel at approximately 5:30am due to faulty wiring. Once access was regained the electricity was then turned off so I was unable to charge any Electronics I had in my possession and the room began to get cold. We decided to just check out. I left disappointed and was assured that I will receive a call from hotel management about giving me another night. I have not been in contact with anyone from Embassy Suite as of yet

It is in a pretty good location and once renovation are completed it may be a enjoyable place to stay.

Upper floors provide excellent Embassy Suites accommodations.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Jan. 2018 Simply be aware that lower levels are in process of being renovated.

Upper floors provide excellent Embassy Suites accommodations. Great price for the property. All effort being made to maintain property reputation while having renovation work done on lower levels.

Poor
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No power for hours which caused me to miss my flight and then was told I couldn’t recheck in my room although it was paid for for two days. A complete waste of money and will not anticipate on staying there again. Poor customer service

There was construction going on and only one elevator.
    • King Suite Mobility/Hearing Accessbile with Roll In Shower - Non-Smoking

There was construction going on and only one elevator. There was a fire alarm and we had to go outside at 6:30 am. After we came back in, the Fire Department cut off our electricity for the remainder of our stay and we finished getting ready and packing in the dark.

Nice service at the made to order omelet station.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Disability Access/Non Smoking

We were not informed that the hotel was being remodeled. We were expecting to spend time in the courtyard but could not.

Nice service at the made to order omelet station. Nice service at the bar.

During the booking we were not told that the hotel is...
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

During the booking we were not told that the hotel is undergoing a complete construction. Although our stay was comfortable, it came as an unexpected and unwelcome surprise. This should be communicated to guests.

The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and the food was great!
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

There was only one elevator working but I am sure that is due to construction.

The rooms were so nice and the staff upgraded all 4 of the rooms I purchased us to a suite and it was great. Even with the updating and construction going on it was great! The breakfast was incredible.

Our stay was great. The staff was friendly and attentive
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was construction and it was dust everywhere even on our floors. My husband is handicap and he was holding the railing and the dust was all in his hands. We were on the second floor

I love the location

Love it
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The hotel was undergoing renovation, so it was dusty and sometimes loud noises

The staff is friendly and professional. I love happy hour and free breakfast

Great hotel with the exception of the short pool hours during the week.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Pool hours during the week are only 4 PM-8 PM meaning you can’t swim in the morning or if you get back to your hotel after 8 PM. We were there on Martin Luther King day, a national holiday so they should have treated the pool hours as a weekend when they are open from 9 AM to 10 PM. There was also a mixup on the breakfast hours, the front desk telling guests that weekend / holiday hours would be observed on Martin Luther King day but the kitchen staff did not know that. Fortunately the manager was able to extend the hours.

Outstanding breakfasts, outstanding suites, nice swimming pool

Great price for room, happy hour and breakfast.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Cleaning staff in hallway sloshing water and filthy laundry around. Hard to maneuver luggage thru hallways.

Sick and unable to take advantage of breakfast. Do not use WiFi. Cleaning staff in hallway sloshing filthy water around clients

The staff at the front desk was awesome the rooms were clean
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The heat in the common areas did not work the hot tub was broken the pool was also broken

The staff at the front desk was awesome the rooms were clean

I stay here often it was the same
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The room was noisy and so we're the neighbors and when I ask for another room I was told it wasn't any available. i wasn't to pleased about that

I stay here often it was the same

Shpyld be 50% off.
    • Two-Room Executive King Suite

The hotel is under MAJOR renovation. Step out of your room and it feels like outdoors. That pretty much made moot the "lounge" for happy hour. People were in there in FULL HAT AND COATS. Pool/hpt tub was open, but not working. No heat.

The heat in the room was great

Wonderful breakfast, friendly staff and clean room but the heating system was ridiculously loud.
    • King Studio Suite

The heating and cooling system in my room was incredibly noisy. It woke me up a couple of times. I did note this with the front desk on checkout. There was a lot of construction at the hotel especially on my floor.

Not as good as other Embassy's....
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Two nasty stains on blanket. Called desk. New blanket never arrived. Went down to desk myself and attendant went and got me another one. Hotel was under renovations...Wish they would've informed us of this.

Area.

The staff was nice.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The hotel is under construction. I didn’t think that was clear in the advertisement.

The staff was nice. When I found a hair on my bed sheets the first night they immediately fixed the problem. They also offer free shuttle service within a three mile radius which is nice. Got a ride to the mall.

good, after an initial problem with my booking through Booking.Com
    • King Studio Suite

MY BOOKING THROUGH BOOKINGS.COM SOMEHOW DID NOT GET REGISTERED WITH THE HOTEL. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Should I only book directly through the hotel?

breakfast

They put us in the worst room.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

They put us in the worst room. Not sure if was because our frequent traveler/booking discount, but clearly was their choice to put us there. THe only room with no access to the atrium

A very good price for a great night stay
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I was shocked how nice the room was for the price. I would suggest anyone looking to stay in the Tyson's area, select Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner.

Not a good value for the money. A lot of things wrong with this hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Facilities were under construction, only one elevator was working and it was sporadic, smell of sulfur in the room, bathtub not clean, rattling noise from the vents.

The staff was very helpful and timely

It was a very nice hotel.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The television didn't play all the channels displayed.

It was a great size space for the amount I paid. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

I did not like the parking lot, They must include parking...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the parking lot, They must include parking price with in the room price, I was charged separately for parking my car. Otherwise everything else was perfect and I am happy to stay there.

Overall this hotel was fantastic only very minor details were less than perfect. 9.8 out of ten woul
    • King Studio Suite

Most of the housekeeping and cooks spoke in Spanish when they werent talking to you and it felt as though they were talking about you. Also the hotel is currently under construction.

The breakfast was amazing, hot buffet, Continental, and made to order omelettes as well as free drinks from 530pm to 730pm. The front desk staff was amazing.

I like the suite, Restaurants and the Bar
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There is only 2 Guest elevator and one of it was out of order, which will slow down the movement of the guests in the facility, it was difficult to fine the staircase

I like the suite, Restaurants and the Bar

i didn't like ordering from booking.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

i didn't like ordering from booking.com they charged us for two rooms. one for 2 people and one for 2 adult and 2 kids. we paid more for the room with kids, but we got 2 same rooms with just place for 2 adult.

I booked what I thought was a good deal and it was a very poor value for the money
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Disability Access/Non Smoking

Place run down and shoddy Bathtub worn and dirty One of two elevators broken Front desk frequently overwhelmed

Breakfast was great and happy hour nice Bed was comfortable

I would recommend this hotel.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Hot tub did not work, the guy told us it was broken:( water was freezing there. The receptionist did not tell us about complimentary Wi Fi and we struggled without having Internet there. For 200$ per night I deserved to have Internet.

The hotel is very beautiful! Breakfast was great! Easy access to metro. We landed at Ronald Reagan City Airport and walked 5 min to take a metro to get to the hotel. 3.85$ for the ride. Very easy and comfortable!:)

Awesome time is Tysons Corner Embassy Suites.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Disability Access/Non Smoking

The jacuzzi was not working. It was there and filled with water but not hot...at all. The pool was okay. My kids enjoyed it. The elevators took a long time to come. The king size bed was great but was not the most comfortable I have had... it was okay.

The breakfast was awesome. There were plenty of places to sit and the lines were short. Our room was huge!! Definitely the best room we have had overall. I have never had a bathroom as big (Wheelchair accessible room).

For the money, there is no better value.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking became very limited on Saturday as people with trailers started occupying multiple spots.

The breakfast was fantastic, especially the omelettes. The beds were far more comfortable than I expected. I slept like a baby.

Good value for the money
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel carpets, rooms just beginning to get tired...however, we would stay here again.

Every member of staff encountered was friendly. Breakfast options excellent. Shuttle van to local locations was helpful. 3 blocks from Metro stop was manageable.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Little disappointed in breakfast. The omelet was runny and the other dishes were hard to access due to positioning of the chafing dishes.

The bed was very comfortable. We really enjoyed the evening reception.