Reviews of Embassy Suites Walnut Creek 3 stars

1345 Treat Boulevard, Walnut Creek, CA 94597, USA

#2 of 6 hotels in Walnut Creek

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Was not warned of major construction during my stay. So loud and dusty. Also, WiFi in rooms is awful. Stay here once a month and always a problem.

Manager at check in not as helpful (cannot even remember her name, so not memorable) but Armando at check out was amazing. Very helpful

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

My first room smelled like garbage or bad sewage, so my room was changed. The hotel is undergoing major construction & this was not indicated on the website. Only 2 of 3 elevators were working & the breakfast was mediocre, cold & served in an over crowded meeting room. .

The 2nd room I received was nice & clean. Mangers special (free happy hour) was very nice

• Two-Room King Suite

The central area of the hotel and restaurant is under major construction. This probably why the cost of hotel is low, but not worth the cost savings. It would have more professional, if bookings.com or Embassy Suites was truthful about the construction and the burden to guests. Also the pool was over chlorinated.

• Two-Room King Suite

The whole central area was under reconstruction and they had the gall to advertise it as complete ! The bar/breakfast room was like a badly organised church hall and the food was inedible! The hotel also has the cheek to charge full price during this period with staff/ guest putting up with noise and dust.

the location near BART

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

I got about 50 bed bug bites that were very annoying (#237). The property was also being renovated so the usual amenities were not available. We were never told that the property was being remodeled. The couch in the living room area was stained and dirty with crumbs as well.

• Two-Room King Suite

Major construction going on. No Omelet bar in the morning. Boo. I still would have stayed there, but we should have been warned about the construction.

• Two-Room King Suite

The work site in the hotel, noise, dust, paint fumes and nothing on website about the major renovation going on daily, our room vibrated, we had men scraping paint off our bedroom door, it really should have something on the website and people advised before they arrive, it was quite upsetting having been on around the world ticket to finish off on such a poor hotel. The room was clean, staff were pleasant and doing their best working in that environment. It’s such a shame as the atrium looks fabulous in the pictures.

Location, staff friendly and did their best under circumstances

• Two-Room King Suite

Breakfast buffet scrambled eggs , bacon on quick table were cold The atomsphere was cold. Place was under some type of construction and my room smelled of concrete dust

Evening bar and bar tenders were very friendly

• Two-Room King Suite

The courtyard was under heavy construction, with parts of the lobby blocked off. It was an eyesore from the 6th floor, where I was staying. Other floors also had signs of remodeling as well. The pool is indoors and seems on the small side. Being indoors, the sound echoed and it was a problem with other young kids yelling and screaming. The breakfast was good, but we had to stand in line for approximately 25 minutes to order, and then there was nowhere indoors to sit. People were taking their food back to their rooms, and instead, we chose to sit outside. They had the doors locked, so if I wanted to get some more food/drink, I had to go around.

Room was large with a nice view. The layout of the room was nice. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

No bag liners in trash bins. Very unsanitary. Used diapers condoms sanitary napkins senior depends food vomit some items in trash cans. Need sterilizing between customers. HIV hepatitis norivirus risk to maids guests. How would you like health care providers to stop using gloves to save use of plastic. Senior mgmt needs to consider Jennifer. Rn msn

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

No ice machines available, construction all over the place, carpet was ripped out as we walked out of our room to a sticky floor. Was hoping to see the Koi ponds in the main lobby, but they were taken out in an effort to "modernize" the hotel.

Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast spread was incredible! Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Two-Room King Suite

It is nice and fancier theb the other embassy suites we have been too. Our suite was just a little smaller than usually. My children enjoyed the swimming pool and we all enjoyed the fresh breakfast. Staff was friendly. Our stay was quiet and we had bo issues.

• Two-Room King Suite

Re-model going on during our stay and we had some late night party goers next door to us, but the staff got them to quiet down finally.

The staff was great! The breakfast was really good!

• Two-Room King Suite

Parking cost was not quoted. Valet is 25.00 day, or you can park for up to 18.00 day next door but no free in and out

Comfortable hotel, clean and nicely decorated. Great breakfast and evening drinks

• Two-Room King Suite

The only downside I wasn't aware that it's valet parking only and it was a 25 dollar charge for over night, but other then that it was a wonderful stay.

It was beautiful when you walked in, the people were very kind and helpful, the bed was very comfortable, the room was really nice and very spacious.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff was unprofessional my room wasn’t ready when I got there they had a bunch of strict rules they didn’t have the last time I visit and I was very agitated

I like the new look in the room

• Two-Room King Suite

There was valet parking only. Which is kind of expensive. Also they started doing some construction work, with drilling etc while we were there which made our stay pretty unpleasant.

Great hotel with very nice facilities. Rooms were very clean and luxurious.

• Two-Room King Suite

There was no bell service for luggage and the hallways were filthy. The breakfast service was disappointing the eggs were processed and the staff did not clean the tables to make available. People were eating in the lobby and other odd places. The pool was horrific because someone threw up in it due to being drunk. Not ideal behavior for small children so we could not access the pool. The restaurant was not open as scheduled on website and their was no option for room service. Then the hotel had a massive black out and none of the customers were notified so from midnight to the next morning g we went with out power

The room was very clean and comfortable, with a king size bed, separate living room and sofa bed. Linen washed and fresh

• Two-Room King Suite

All staff that we encountered from the front desk to housekeeping has smiles on their faces. It says a lot if no one is frowning or disgruntled. Keep up the good work!

• Two-Room Premium Corner Suite

Breakfast needs to be better! I don't have time to order so I use the buffett and the eggs and potatoes taste terrible ,very dry. Also you need a variety of fruit, strawberries ,grapes, Berrys etc.

Evening buffett is good but you are often out of Corona.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Despite having a Long standing reservation, we were unable to check in efficiently. The front desk staff seemed indifferent and unfriendly. Not a good way to begin a vacation.

Room was large and clean.

• Two-Room King Suite

Paying to park with valet parking only. The BART was right outside, but only heard it a little.

It has been a long time since I have used this chain. Got a great deal on the room which was a fantastic two room suite. The breakfast was extraordinary with made to order food. The atrium is a beautiful place to explore. The staff was the best! Paying to park was the only negative. Will use this property again.

• Two-Room King Suite

After waiting in line for breakfast for 45 min decided to have room service no room service. Then at diner were ordering food off the menu the waitress keep saying "oh we do not have that" then when we found over stuffed potatoes she responded "oh they are a lot of work." Simlpe unexceptable.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was good with the exception of my closet in room 413. The door wouldn’t close and the light stayed on because of it. I didn’t like that there wasn’t a smart tv. The Marriott has a smart tv 😉. I didn’t like the room service at all. The food is ENTIRELY overpriced and disgusting. I’m so sorry to have to admit that but it’s very true.

I loved the bathroom in all of my rooms. I loved how comfy the beds were

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast line was long and unorganized, staff who organized was rude. My son went back in room with drinks to get somthing and got burnt by hot water. Not the cleanest, no one ever answers the phone, hard to get help at desk.

The happy hour food was nice and valet people were friendly

• Two-Room King Suite

I enjoyed everything just trying to get breakfast in one trip while i had children was hard

I enjoyed the breakfast but it was hard trying to get all i wanted in one trip because I was with kids. My children enjoyed the pool it was a nice stay

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged me $80 extra for Sunday. I have called and was told it would be reimbursed.....but 2 weeks later I have not been reimbursed. I am having to call AGAIN to try to get this resolved.

Kids unattended

Only issue was kids running around all night playing door bell ditch and just playing all night.fux that and this hotel would b awesome

• Two-Room Oremium King Suite

Staff was awesome, everyone very friendly! Bed was also very comfortable, nothing about this Embassy Suites was bad. Great location, food is typical for an embassy Suites. But great location with plenty of places to eat.

• Two-Room King Suite

No hot tub or pool access and very Lil customer service

The room is very comfortable and peaceful... Very easy to check in and my room was ready before my reservation time..

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I did not care for toilet running randomly during stay, no snacks (complimentary) in room, kurig coffee maker did not work

Customer Service (front desk) was great, suite was modernized and bed was extremely comfy!

• Two-Room Oremium King Suite

We were not informed that the swimming pool and Jacuzzi were under renovations and since this was the ultimate decision maker as to where we would stay, it was the biggest let down!

The room and bed were wonderful! The place was spacious.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

Garbage cans looked like used left over ice buckets. (Tacky) No ice machines available. Food seemed like they were warmed up frozen food, ie. potatoes and sausages . Below standard. Even though we were not planning on using the pool, it was being renovated at the time we were there. Good thing we didn’t have any children with us.

Clean, comfortable, updated room. Staff was very professional. 3 elevators on the floor so did not have to wait long to use them. Heater in the room worked well. Easy check in and check out. Good location.

• Two-Room King Suite

happy hour , kindness of the employees, great place to stay. I was very tired from the travel. Management gave me a very quite room far from the Bart noise. This was very much appreciated. Thank you!

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

Didn't realize there was no free parking until we reached the location. There was in and out valeet parking available at $25 a day, which isn't awful --was a little surprise for us, but we should have checked. Also, it should be noted that "two bedroom" means one room with the beds and another with the living space.

They had a really great morning breakfast and the staff were very helpful. I needed some last minute help with something for my sister-in-laws baby shower and the reception staff were very ready to find a way to help me solve the issues that came up, which was greatly appreciated! Also, since we were staying for a few days and there were 3 of us over the holidays, we appreciated having the additional living space to wrap presents or work on things that might keep other members of the group up at night.

• Two-Room Oremium King Suite

Parking should be included in the price.

Best hotel breakfast anywhere. For us this hotel is located just where we need it. We've booked many of the alternative hotels in the area and always return to the Embassy Suites when we are able.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The exercise room was too small for a property of this size.

The room was large and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast service with omelette prepared fresh. The staff was friendly and attentive.

• Two-Room King Suite

I had stomach problems after eating the eggs for breakfast. We had to wait a long time to get our car from the valet which seemed disorganized.

Comfy beds, nice lobby, good breakfast choices

• Two-Room King Suite

Very clean and comfortable property.Breakfast was excellent with a nice menu selection and good strong coffee. We enjoyed the evening cocktail hour.

• Two-Room King Suite

The buffet breakfast, with the made to order omelet was good, although they had run out of some things; like the pastries and the coffee. The bar should have a menu for the wines. He had to list off some and we asked for riesling and what we got tasted like chardonnay.

The room was very clean and it had the extra area for a sofa. Its nice to relax in your room. It was quiet although in the morning there was some noise from the inner atrium.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

Many unfinished renovation items (loose hinge, inner door wouldn't close +++) should be fixed by the time you read this review. I'm confident that this hotelery will be more thorough that other newly renovated rooms are truly ready for occupancy. Now if something could be done about the high valet parking fees. . . .

Newly renovated room was brighter than old; calm colors; trendy darker carpet; roomy yet comfortable sofa for sitting as well as pull out bed; very good beds; more drawer AND closet space for clothing. Great cooked-to-order omelette service; lots of coffee urns in morning; hot foods, cut fruit, bagels++ for hearty breakfast.

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The parking situation is awful. Either $25 a day or $9 everytime you leave the garage. It was basically just as expensive at my hotel in the city.

The breakfast is always incredible and you get the best stay by paying for the best at embassy suites. The room was super comfy.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

Notified pool was closed upon arrival...very dissapointed as part of our decision to book here was description of an indoor pool

Room set-Up with Separate living room area was nice, clean comfy beds and pretty hotel layout.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower faucet leaks. Waited almost an half hour in the made to order breakfast line on Sunday. The layout of the Cafe is very awkward due to the made to order line causing a bottleneck during breakfasts on weekends. The room was very noisy because you can hear the BART running.

The room is very spacious. The staff is helpful and courteous.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

They were working on the rooms so you heard drilling etc from 9-5 all throughout the hotel. We asked for a map or info on getting to Napa. They had nothing. They had no information they could tell us either. I never heard of a hotel that has such a bid draw like Napa, and the hotel has no brochures or maps to offer. They said that since it was about an hour away, they didn't have anything. The cleaning crew didn't get to our room until 5 30 each day. We had to go down to the lobby and sit while they cleaned the room. Parking is 25 dollars a day. No self parking. The cleaning people didn't dust and they didn't speak English. Bed wasn't comfortable. We both came home with sore backs. The chef didn't listen to my explicit request on the omelet. It was simple. Spinach only. He asked if I wanted cheese. I said no. Just spinach. He made the omelet with spinach and cheese. No ice available except for one area down near the lobby or you have to call and request it.

the property is across the street from BART station. The staff was helpful. We had a big room with a separate living room area. The breakfast was included. They make you sign a paper saying no parties allowed. If you do, they will throw you out of the hotel. One of the restaurants they recommended was good. It was a Japanese place. We wanted to go to Back 40 bbq, but the wait was insane. Parking lot was filled. It must be a good place. You can get free wine etc at their complementary happy hour. They had fruit, chips, salsa, some spicy cracker mix thing and dip. No balloons or banners etc allowed in the rooms.

• Two-Room King Suite

Desk checking iwas very slow because it was understaffed. But the agent I worked with once I was helped was very good

Happy hour reception was very good. Morning breakfast was awesome.

• Two-Room King Suite

I was standing by the breakfast buffet when a light fixture was dropped from the 8th floor and missed hitting me approximately 12 inches. It shattered at my feet, the staff checked the buffet food for broken glass, and announced "Everything's okay", and continued on with the daily chores. The mattress was hard, but my wife and I are just not extra firm mattress fans. It is Valet Parking Only there, and made it very hard to put or get articles out of our car while there.

Looked nice inside and out

• Two-Room King Suite

Not much to eat with in walking distance

The BART right across the street was awesome if you are looking at not renting a car and the breakfast was very good worth the stay for sure!

• Two-Room King Suite

Service, breakfast, remodeled rooms, cleanliness,happy hour, location and hotel overall.

It was a heat wave and on a few occasion it the hotel was hot. The air in the room worked but for it to work equally in the bedroom the room door had to be completely open. Great Hotel, would stay again

• Two-Room King Suite

Most uncomfortable hotel bed ever. Extremely noisy ventilation system sounds like you're in a construction zone. Asked for extra pillows. They were delivered 2 hours later at 10pm after I called the front desk twice.

Free breakfast is pretty good.

• Two-Room King Suite

We waited a half hour to get the car from valet parking. No alternative to valet parking --$25 a night--was available. The lobby floor was dirty. The supply of cream was not replaced. And despite our towels being on the rack to signify they would be reused, they were replaced.

The top floor 8 and 7 rooms were horrible! Loud noise from the fan and smokey room. We had to move and they put us one floor down and it was just as bad....

The new king room are amazing! Great breakfast and nice staff.

Really nothing.

The facilities and the rooms were really nice. Probably enjoyed the Evening Greeting and the Morning breakfast the most. Location was great for visiting family in Walnut Creek.

• Two-Room King Suite

The fact that one family was loud, rude and disrespectful to the staff. That family made it very uncomfortable for everyone dining however, it was not due to anything the staff or the embassy suites did. An unfortunate event. Also, the carpet in the elevators had an unpleasant stench to them.

Newly renovated room was wonderful. Breakfast was delicious. People were very helpful and friendly.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

you do a great job on saving water and detergent in the rooms, but when you ask for small portions for breakfast they didn't do that, the omelet had to be about 5 eggs, I asked for small and my daughter got at 3 least scrambled eggs and asked for 1. This is wasteful and I don't like to waste food. Not everyone asks for large servings.

• Two-Room King Suite

Jacuzzi area too small; group of 8 there would not leave for others to use Jacuzzi. No identified receptacle for used towels; strewn all over the place. Way too many kids running amok. Valet parking way to expensive.

Breakfast options were very good.

• Two-Room Premium Corner Suite

The breakfast was delicious, rooms were very nice. We had to move to another room due a terrible smell coming into our room. it took awhile to get a crib for the baby. But overall the visit was nice.

• Two-Room King Suite

Parking is a problem - I expected free parking and it was valet all the way - another 25$ I did not see coming . Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention beforehand. With parking at such a premium, despite a garage next door, valet should be less expensive .

Staff and accommodations are great - it's never a question mark at Embassy Suites . You can generally trust you'll be satisfied. Breakfast is a huge plus , as well as the suites themselves .

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Attractive, but could be somewhat noisy if you don't have a 2-room suite with the bedroom in the back. Maybe they are all 2-room suites. I don't know. Parking setup and cost were somewhat of a downer. The hotel is in a congested area and has an underground garage with valet parking. We did not wish to pay an additional $22 + tip for the valet parking so we drove into the garage ourselves. It was confusing to find the regular pay-as-you-go parking area. But we ultimately saved 50% on the parking.

Attractive and spacious interior. My wife and I had a large king bed 2-room suite. It was clean and quiet. Most rooms face an open courtyard. The included breakfast was excellent with a lot of choices, including made-to-order omelettes. We appreciated that it was served until later than at some hotels.

• Two-Room King Suite

Parking was a total disaster we were greeted by the Parking attendant about a bunch of cars being broke into if we chose to park ourselves really did not like that as our first greeting. Valet team overall were very good but do not like the extra charge for parking and also then we have to tip so the money just keeps adding up.

Great breakfast!! Great happy Hour!! Beds were comfortable!! Overall a good experience for the short time I was actually in the hotel room. I would stay there again.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

The first room sounded like a freight train was going through it since the service elevator was next door. The second room had construction going on next door starting at 8:30 am

Elevators were prompt; breakfast was excellent.

• Two-Room Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was just average. It was easily accessible to the freeway, Lyft/Uber, and BART. However, all the area attractions were barely or not even walk-able. For some reason I thought it was closer to the city center.

Room was clean, big, and modern. Breakfast was free and there was complimentary coffee and water in the lobby throughout the day. Business center printing was free. Staff was friendly.

• Two-Room King Suite

the terrible smell that came into the room from work being done. I didn't like having to change rooms.

breakfast was delicious, rooms were comfortable

• Two-Room King Suite

The pool was over crowded with people that were not guest of the hotel. The shower in our bathroom leaked water onto the floor causing my daughter to slip and fall and hit her head. There was a broken cannot that fell on my foot when I tried to open it. The room was not up to par.

The breakfast was good

• Two-Room King Suite

For this time of the year and on a weekend ES was very understaffed. The existing staff seemed to be working as fast/hard as they could, but there were simply not enough of them to be efficient. The floor almost all over the lower level was dirty with crumbs most all the time. The poor cooks in the kitchen were non-stop trying to keep up with the breakfast orders. Of course the property being family style was overrun by unsupervised kids all of the time. We wouldn't even consider using the pool because of all the kids. The "free" wi-fi was a joke. You might as well not even advertise that you have it. It was REALLY that bad. Valet parking was $25/day and you did not have any other option. I understand this property doesn't have much choice, but it kinda sucked. Not only do you have the pay the daily rate, but you need to factor in a tip for the valet.

We thought the property was very nice looking. We liked the idea of the complimentary breakfast, coffee, happy hour, etc. The suite was roomy and nicely appointed. It was also within an easy walk to the BART.

• Two-Room King Suite

Room comfort, sleeping arrangements, shower facility, and the complementary breakfast

When I arrived at the facility, they did not have me in their system so there was a problem with my registration going through booking.com yet I showed her a confirmation email. The registration process took about 20 minutes ridiculous.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds

The only negative is the $25 for valet parking. A self park/free option would make this an even better value

Clean comfortable and family friendly

Forced valet.

Very good manager reception (even compared to other embassy suites). More time for breakfast also than other embassy suites, which is super helpful when staying for sports tournaments with random playing times.

• Two-Room King Suite

Our first suite had a bad smell. But the one we were quickly moved to had a temperature control issue in the back bedroom.

Breakfast was excellent. Omelets cooked your way and to perfection.

• Two-Room King Suite

Internet hardly worked. So much so that I just gave up trying to use it. Parking also wasn't great.

The room had plenty of space. It was close to where I needed to be. Cleanliness was fine. Decent selection of food

• Two-Room King Suite

complementary evening food was basically check mix Not really a light snack of any substance. Young children screaming in pool.

Spacious two room suite with tv

• Two-Room King Suite

2 happy hour bartenders and better snacks for happy hour like salami and cheese some kind of meat

relaxing the happy hour was gd not a long wait and the breakfast chefs cooked great grill food

• Two-Room King Suite

Some money from my MasterCard debit card is missing. Like $350-$500. And annoying people kept talking to me all the time. I hated it !

The breakfast potatoes were delicious and the bed was comfy.

• Two-Room King Suite

Air conditioning unit noise from the hallway vent was annoying. Had to close bedroom door to soften the sound and fully enjoy a good night's sleep in the comfy beds.

A full breakfast made to order included in the cost of an o/n stay is a huge bonus! Many hotels advertise a breakfast as part of their package, but none compare to Embassy's complete breakfast.

• Two-Room King Suite

There appeared to be a transient who walked into the hotel for purposes of eating free breakfast and happy hours hor'derv. The management was oblivious to the situation when clearly he didn't belong there.

The proximity to family who live in WC