Reviews of Embassy Suites Washington D.C. - at the Chevy Chase Pavilion 3 stars

4300 Military Road Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20015, USA

#19 of 138 hotels in Washington

6.1

• Two-Room King Suite - High Floor

the staff were liers. attempted to steal by adding additional charges to my card. i feel like they need criminal background checks.

being with my frends

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we arrived our room was not ready for another hour after check in time

This is the first time we've stayed at an Embassy and I must say that all of my expectations were exceeded. The complimentary happy hour (alcohol and non) was very nice considering that it's free and the made to order breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel. Room was clean and the kids loved the indoor pool.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

HAVE BEEN STAYING AT EMBASSY FOR YEARS...PRICING WAS EXTREMELY HIGH AND NO DISCOUNTS OFFERED...WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN IF I TRAVEL TO BETHESDA...$440/NIGHT WAS OUTRAGEOUS. COMPETITION IS MUCH MORE REASONABLE.

Nothing!!

The rooms were extra clean and the right size for my family of 5. The breakfast was the best I have had at any hotel and I work on the road.

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

Parking and a bit expensive. Front door to room needed maintenance.

Great location, excellent facility, staff good not great... I would definitely stay here again.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pull-out couch was horrible. The one we had needs to be replaced. It took two days before we could get the wifi to work.

Loved the decor, and the location of the property. There was a lot to do and close enough to get to monuments. The price was on-point---it was good value for the cost.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

would have been better if our room is closer to the atrium. our room was all the eay in the end. but overall, the best embassy suites i stayed

perfect cook to order complimentary breakfast and happy hour

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

See above about the pool. The hot tub was closed and I was looking forward to using it.

The room set up was spacious and comfortable. The staff was very very friendly although the person at the desk at check in said the pool was on the 3rd floor so we took a room there to be close and the pool Andes up in the penthouse. When I could t find the pool I called for help and they told me 3rd floor again. Breakfast was delicious

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The large room, the super friendly staff, the mall it was located in, the delicious breakfast, the great variety of great places to eat nearby, the yummy food at the hotel bar, the awesome free happy hour!

• Premium King Suite

The WiFi was confusing, only allowed one device per room. You had to pay to be able to add more devices it seemed.

We got the king suite and it was beautiful! The room was spotless and chic, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. Definitely worth the money, amazing hotel and room.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lack of signage when driving in made it difficult to find at night. Construction noise. So many elevators.

Very good location to Metro. Great value for breakfast. Rooms were spacious and allowed our child to have a separate sleeping area.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Stayed at this property for a week. Construction noises late into the night and beginning at 5am. Called desk almost daily to report noises. Not offered any kind of comp. Room service closes promptly at 11pm difficult to find anything after that. I would stay again based on location, excellent staff and breakfast.

The staff is exceptional. The location is perfect.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Facility , location, most of staffs are Good but Front desk was horrible. Do they look down the customer from booking.com? I booked twin bed room -> they say only single bed is available. And he said “ you have no choice “. They agreed to prepare additional bed -> I waited it 4 hours !! ( I called and went to front 4 times to just get bed) Etc etc etc Never again.

Bartender @ Bar Willy’s is awesome.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

I did not like the fact that I booked a room and when I arrived there within the appropriate time frame they told me that the room I booked was not available. However, they where willing to give me some accommodations which was normal but still I do appreciate the initiate.

The location of the hotel is very convenient (Metro access, stores and restaurants.)

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

This location was beautiful it was in a mall with several restaurants and the metro was directly under the building making getting around D.C. extra easy!

• Premium King Suite

I’m not sure if it’s applicable to Embassy Suites or the Chevy Chase Pavilion, but I think parking is a little pricey. Especially if staying multiple days.

Location was perfect. And it was great to have the mall, metro access, and parking garage in one facility.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pancakes and waffles should be everyday not just weekdays.

Hotel is very nice , clean, nice size room, nice that they offer reception, and breakfast. Love locations near all shops

Liked everything!

Location near event I attended, great rooms, great value, cheesecake factory next door!!!, great complimentary breakfast at hotel, great staff...will definitely return.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I felt discriminated against. I asked 1 of the staff where I could purchase a nice bottle of wine from and was told about the market downstairs but that may be too expensive and that there was a convenient store down the street.

I loved the room it felt like a home away from home. The kitchen staff was very friendly and courteous.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathtub had hair and dirt in it, it did not look like it had been cleaned. Also the microwave was broken in my room.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel staff all seemed a little tired & worn out probably due to the size & traffic of the hotel.

I loved this hotel sooo much! There were stores & restaurants located inside which I felt was amazing. I literally was able to go shopping at H &M by just hoping on the elevator! Cheesecake Factory, old navy & J crew are just a few of others that were located inside the hotel. The hotels restaurant was really good & big portions for a good price. The complimentary breakfast was a huge buffet set up with a separate side for request. The view in my room was also a plus! It’s located in the more expensive side of DC so if you go outside the hotel to do things just expect to pay a little more for gas & food.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk service is horrid we called down several times during our stay and the phones where never answered so they where absolutely no help what so ever they also host swim lessons in the pool (which isn't even that big) so that makes it difficult to even enjoy a swim we also had an extra charge on our card after we left so I called to see what it was for and I never even got a call back to discuss it so no I'll never go back and won't recommend

The room was nice the happy hour was a plus and you can't beat a free breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable, there were no sheets for the sleeping couch we had asked for, the shower did not work. The breakfast was very poor by our standards - sort of 1960s American, but the staff was very nice

The front desk staff, the breakfast staff.

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

The wifi is not necessarily free and is difficult to access.

We have been going to this Embassy Suites for years. As always the service was excellent and the suites were both comfortable and functional. There are plenty of choices at the included breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Food was cold.... eggs cold, french toast cold, no pancakes as advertised

Got in at 7:35 and bartender was kind enough to get us a drink even though we were 5 minutes late for Manager's reception.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff here was super helpful with everything, and couldn't have been nicer. Breakfast looked amazing (though sadly I missed it). The rooms were well appointed but guests should be aware that the hotel is situated literally inside the mall, so the rooms have windows that face the atrium and the hallway.... I kept the drapes closed because of that which can make it a little somber. It is convenient to have starbucks inside as many reviewers mention, but the walk to the garage and arrangement of stamps adds a bit to morning time if you are there for work. Overall if you need a spacious room for a work trip this is a warm, friendly spot. But just make sure you are OK with staying inside a mall! Location is good for shopping

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable and I wish I'd been there longer to take advantage of the comfortable and well-outfitted suite. Coffee maker and good selection of coffee/tea in the room. The happy hour with good appetizers was an unexpected perk and even the drinks were free. Breakfast was varied and good. The dining area/lounge is very nice and I love that the rooms overlook that and the pavilion. Overnight parking is very expensive, $26, and is set by the garage. There is ample overnight parking on Military Rd. and side streets, and it's free. Will stay here again, love this hotel.

• Premium King Suite

No natural light in the sitting room area (overlooking atrium). Kitchen could be better equipped with cutlery, crockery, etc.

Comfortably furnished, quite spacious, excellent breakfast buffet.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing really.

The location is great. Easy to get to and easy to got out of should you be heading to the west. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Very safe. Parking is also next to the hotel and not too expensive. Staff also were helpful. You will not be hungry after breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast on weekdays was usually cold and tasteless. Which was surprising because the weekend cooks make an excellent breakfast.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Weekend breakfasts are first rate.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The 3rd floor. Rooms dark,noisy. No view. Small bathroom.

The fantastic breakfast. A fridge & microwave in my room. NO NASTY CARPET💃💃. Laminate flooring. Available Gym.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Nothing really. Definetly on my list to return to

Open atrium connected to shops, restaurants , and DC Metro- all accessed without going outside. Terrific breakfast by excellent staff, with a nice setting in the atrium. Metro to central DC takes only 20 minutes

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

breakfast on the weekends was later and we needed to leave early so didn't get to eat one day.

Metro was in the basement so we did not have to travel to get to it.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

When three people stay in a suite, I wish there had been an additional separate toilet from a full bathroom.

Perfect location with Metro right there to get into the National Mall within 30 minutes. Shopping is right here! -- the hotel is inside a mall! Sidewalks and beautiful neighborhoods for jogging. Nice restaurants and even a Whole Foods in walking distance. Great fitness center and pool in penthouse. We appreciated the mini-fridge to stock items that we brought for Thanksgiving dinner.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Gorgeous suites, the hotel is on the top floor of an indoor mall. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and shopped. Starbucks is down stairs and the breakfast was delicious.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish the staff knew the area better. We had some questions about the location of services (such as a dry cleaners) and they weren't very helpful.

Location is terrific, especially if you like shopping, and the staff was very accommodating.

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

Could not get room warm enough. It was adequate but not as warm as we would have liked.

Breakfast and front desk personnel were attentive and knowledgeable. Great facility, very convenience to transportation, shopping and restaurants. Reasonable commute into the National Mall.

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

Elevators are a little slow.

Room was very clean and spacious. Location great for shopping and meals. Breakfast was wonderful, staff very friendly and assisted with all your needs. I would select again.

• Premium King Suite

We has reserved a suite for 4 people, but there were only 3 towels and pillows and Neutrogena toiletries for 2 when we arrived. This was fixed, but it was a disappointment that for a $1000 stay that detail was not taken care of ahead of time. The bathroom smelled a bit of mildew, and there was visible mold in the sink. The breakfast bar was not bad, but it was nothing extraordinary (again, for the price...) and I would have liked --and expected-- fresh fruit there...

The bed and linens were super nice. The minibar had one of the most interesting selections I've seen. Staff was lovely and moved quickly to address concerns. The location could not be better, super easy to jump on Metro to get anywhere.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

80$ was taken at check in for incidentals. We spent 52$ on parking and were told on check out that the balance would be credited. It never has been. It is not the money it is the principle. That is the only dislike .

Location. Breakfast. Comfortable rooms.Staff

No Washington Post at counter instead of USA Today

Made to order omelette-drink dispensers at breakfast. Metro stop underneath,down escalator. Wet bar with microwave and refer. Spacious two room-two queen suite. Helpful courteous staff.Malls with AMC, CVX, Whole Foord,restaurants in complex and across the street.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was wonderful to my grandchildren friendly & fun Please recognize the young desk clerks for all their help with directions & Collin. Your place offers something for everyone . Highly recommend it.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Good breakfast, very roomy, lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance, Metro station on the lower level. About a 25-30 metro ride to downtown. Clean rooms, friendly staff. We booked this for a weekend getaway with family and it was perfect.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bedding. Gosh! Comforter covers have been invented for a reason... The whole world uses them in hotels... It is so-oo UNcomfortable to fight with sliding sheets in the middle of the night...

Overall atmosphere. Pretty good buffet breakfast ( by American standards). Suite nicely set-up, lots of storage space for personal things, spacious., mini-fridge very helpful.

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

I couldn't stay longer & no baseball channels;but Wonder Woman was on demand so all is "forgiven"...

I was there for medical reasons & complications so this visit very "unusual"...hope to come back & really enjoy the hotel.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

the parking price and the confusion on how to get out if the garage.

the living room space and the fact it had a pull out bed. Also I enjoy the continental breakfast especially the made to order omlet it was very delish.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The elevator stopped working one evening and we were on the 8th floor. This was difficult for those of us with asthma.

The breakfast each morning was amazingly delicious! It was filling and allowed us to spend less money for lunch each day. The chefs were friendly, pleasant, and cooked hot food to order. Each staff member we encountered was friendly and willing to assist if needed.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no free wifi - the shower was loud and the toilet didnt flush very well

The room was well laid out. The blinds did a great job of blocking out the sunlight. Complementary happy hour. Unique location integrated into mall

• King Suite Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking

No free access to wifi because I booked three rooms with other travel site. Also do not appreciate extra charges for parking. Our grandchildren were disappointed with the pool, saying it was quite small.

It is a convenient area with shopping within the facility.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pancakes were pre-maded not made to order. Room is kind of dark since it is inside of an office building.

Convenience to the Frendship Heights metro station and the made to order omelettes.

• Premium King Suite

My only complaint is that it seems expensive to me - but the location in Chevy Chase, and the surrounding restaurants and shops are a bonus. Especially if you can take advantage of those amenities.

I like the Embassy Suites at Chevy Chase, but feel it is a little pricey for a solo traveler. For a family who can use the pool - it's a better deal. The breakfast is a nice bonus, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I like the way it's set up with the bedroom in back, desk/living area towards the front. Bedroom is quiet for sleeping that way, corridor noise does not reach it.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing that's a bummer is the expensive parking!

The room was amazing and came with great amenities! Snacks for free! It was awesome and the surrounding area was awesome.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Like I mentioned in my review, My only issue were the Wi-Fi separate charge of $8/day or about 3% of my total bill, this should be included in the hotel charge.

The staffs were very nice, friendly and attentive. The suite was nice, hot breakfast buffet were very good, order your own style of omelet. Location were good and convenient, but you still need a car for transportation. My only issue were the Wi-Fi, for the price the hotel charged, it should be included, it is only $8/day or about 3% of the total bill

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The service was terrible. The staff in the restaraunt were very slow. I had to go and look for my waitress to get my bill after sitting waiting for some considerable time.

The room was of a good size.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room has a view to the interior of the building so if you're using the sleeper couch, which we did, it was a bit noisy at night. No big deal, though.

Loved that it was right over the Metro. So easy to get to and from. Great neighborhood. Very safe and convenient to everything. Breakfast was nice. Facilities were really nice.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Living room was sparse - pull out bed had glue traps with bugs that stuck to the mattress when opened. The fan on the air conditioning was so loud I could not hear the TV. Overall, for the price (over 400.00 for one night) it was pretty bad.

Great location. Pleasant breakfast. Bedroom was nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The temperature in the suite was hard to control from too hot and stuffy (it was 30 degrees C that day) to too cold when we adjusted the air con.

The staff were very helpful and gave us clear directions and maps to get to where we wanted to go. The location of the hotel is great as it's connected to a metro station and so only about 15 minutes to get to the city centre. The underground parking is very convenient too.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The foldout sofa bed wasn't very comfortable sleeping for an adult, but should be satisfactory for children. The water pressure in the shower and sinks was not very strong.

The staff was very nice and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is adjoined with a nice shopping area, a Starbucks, and metro access.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

luke warm reception from check in staff. had to wait while the person decided if she could get me in early or had to wait until check in time @ 3pm. (we arrived at 9am). I just wanted to store luggage until room was available and this was an ordeal. but once she did check us in, process was quick.

breakfast that was included with stay was great. Bonus: happy hour from 5:30-7 was definitely a plus. Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I resided in room 500. The room is lovely. However, when at night. there is a noisy fan outside of the room just behind the headboard of my bed. I called room services and they came up to check. Although the fan was tuned down afterwards, it was not completely turned off. I had a very disturbing sleep.

Courteous staff, clean room and good breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No service after 10 pm when we check in we took our lugguge by ourselves from the taxi to the room

Spacious rooms and good locations with lots of shops in the hotel and many big stores around it , you wont need a car for your shopping

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only (very minor) complaint is that, if you are sleeping in the living room area on the pull-out sofa bed, the noise from the hallway can be quite loud (particularly if you are on the third floor, which is close to the retail portions of the Chevy Chase Pavilion), so if you have small children or light sleepers, you may want to request a higher floor.

I was in town for business, and brought my wife and four kids (ages 7, 6, 3, and 1), and the location was ideal (the Metro red line exits directly into the hotel, which meant they did not have to walk on the streets alone when returning after dark), the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the made-to-order breakfast was outstanding (our seven year old has determined that omelets are the greatest food on earth). The kids loved the pool, and the staff was continuously kind and helpful. It was, by far, one of the most pleasant hotel experiences we have ever had as a family.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Metro right there. Breakfast was good Had stopping mall Pool was nice Had open bar 5:30/7:30 Very nice people Parking right there and reasonable priced

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool small and meant for parents + toddlers On weekends free breakfast gets crowded

Free breakfast - and it is good Free wifi with HHonors number Free bar during weekdays Workout facility was adequate Right on top of a METRO station Location - ample shopping / food all around

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can't believe that I can say I liked everything!

The breakfast was great and the coffee was suberb. Location is wonderful and it's absolutely a gorgeous hotel. The rooms are very nice. I will be back here for sure!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we arrived at 11:30 pm, we're told we had been relocated to a Doubletree, because Embassy was overbooked. neither place could accommodate our vehicle. The staff at Doubletree directed us to park in a lot across the street. We ended up with a $45 parking ticket. Our reservation at Embassy said breakfast included, but we had to pay extra for breakfast at the Doubletree.

The staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room had issues with cleanliness- wash cloth left from previous occupant- even when told it was not removed the next day. Tv in bedroom didn't work.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Showers could be updated. Hand held shower is important when you have a young child. Also we could do with plates & kitchen utensils in thw kitchen. Fitness facilities are outdated

Very convenient. Connected to chevy chase pavilion mall & friendship height metro. Huge room with living room

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

THE NOISE ,AT 8am I was awakened by a jackhammer right outside my window,sounds of Firetrucks and Ambulances its the city though so I guess that can't be helped.

The location is,perfect walking distance to movie theater,metro,grocery store,inside attached to hotel is A Cheese Cake factory,CVS,h&m and a Starbucks.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Premium King Suite

Nice location to visit DC (15' to Downtown), quiet room, nice fitness center and swimming pool. Subway cannot be closer ;) and 3 restaurants at the location, breakfast complementary !!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

It was somewhat far out. Took awhile to get into town by metro to the museums and spent a fair amount on cabs.

The breakfast and happy hour were great. The room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Premium King Suite

The evening bar was a bit oddly done and staffed. I didn't try the complimentary cocktail hour.

Great complimentary breakfast - omelettes to order, well stocked buffet, gluten free options. Staff very pleasant and helpful, they work hard to make a good product. I thought it was a good value and the location was on public transportation and easy access for Uber.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Premium King Suite

Would be nice if rooms had robes and slippers to wear up to pool.

Spaciious room, confortabile bed. Great pool & fitness center. Great breakfast. Polite professional staff. Costs a bit more than other hotels nearby but totally worth it.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Comfortable, large room- well-furnished Courteous, very helpful, hospital staff Excellent buffet breakfast in morning Got parking for nearby family when they stopped by

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Premium King Suite

Breakfast food was not hot. Need more efficient food warmers

Beautiful Hotel in the Chevy Chase Pavillion. Free drinks and appetizers after a long D.C. Day.