Reviews of Embassy Suites Washington D.C. - Convention Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

900 10th Street Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC, DC 20001, United States of America

#34 of 138 hotels in Washington, DC

6.1

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Breakfast was great (go early) - a really good location...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great (go early) - a really good location within walking distance to the National Mall and the White House. We also used Lyft several times, and it was very affordable for our family of 6, to and from this location. Restaurants and shopping, other destinations were along the way wherever we walked. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

I would stay here again. Great price for all the extras.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The price for parking. $50.00 a day. Then the $9.00 a day for tax. That is a 18% tax rate!! But then again that is the rate to park in DC. The location to the White house was only a half of mile,

The full breakfast was perfect. Made to order eggs plus everything you can ask for in a breakfast. Plus for my husband and I, we loved the manager's reception! Wine, beer even mixed drinks. Plus snacks to get us set until dinner.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Loved it!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was really dirty, needs a deep clean, skin and gunk stuck to the walls of the tub and mystery floating stuff... the tubs in the bathrooms need a good bleaching.. windows didn't open or crack, no fresh air at all.

The manager drinks and snacks were unexpected and impressive, never had that before it was quite fun!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Embassy Suites a great start to any day!

I had no complaints!

Check in easy quick and efficient. Staff member Kendall was ever so friendly. This is my choice of places to stay when in DC. The made to order free breakfast and free happy hour were great!

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great Stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Way too many chemicals in the pool. Pool/pool area was dirty both days we went. Bathroom was outdated and the toilet made a very loud noise when flushed.

Great value for the price! I stayed with my husband and 7 year old, so the bedroom/living room layout was great. The king sized bed was very comfy and the sofa bed was tolerable. The rooms have a small kitchenette and there was a TV in both rooms. The check in process was very efficient and they were able to accommodate my special request for a quiet room. They were even able to check us in earlier in the day than typical check in. In the evening, there is a reception with light snacks such as fruit, cheese, chips and sweets. There are complimentary cocktails for the adults and sodas for the kids. Breakfast is fantastic with lots of options. The cleaners were super friendly as well. Great stay.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Nice quick DC trip.
    • Corner King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had spent all day sightseeing with our children and were understandably exhausted and ready to relax. Unfortunately, when trying to check into our hotel room we had to wait 45 minutes after check-in time because our room was not ready. We had no choice but to sit in the lobby until the room was ready. We really wish the staff was better prepared for check-in.

The hotel was beautiful and very clean, which is a must for traveling with my two small children. We always enjoy the evening reception with complimentary refreshments.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

One of the best hotels that I have stayed in.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the best hotels that I have stayed in. The beds were very comfortable! The complimentary breakfast was excellent! Such a variety of food to choose from! The hotel also served their guests with an evening of complimentary drinks and appetizers. So refreshing to be served such a treat and relaxing after a day of sightseeing! I would definitely stay here again! I wish I would have spent a little more, so I could have had a city view. Great location & walking distance to many sights.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Great staff, location, facility but will never stay there again because of paper thin walls
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our stay would have been outstanding had it not been for the paper thin walls and our neighboring guests. Not on both sides but we were in room 628 and heard everything (EVERYTHING!) from the people in 626. We went to a play one evening and returned after 1am being careful to be quiet in the halls but awoke at 6:30 sharp with the noise from the neighbors. No sleep made for a miserable day with my twin 16 year old girls. The next neighbors were quite in love shall we say...that made for another pleasant stay with my 16 year old girls.

The staff at the hotel were wonderful. Especially the housekeeping staff who ALWAYS greeted us with a smile and wish for a good day and even a welcome home when we returned at night.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Fantastic location
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was great!

The hotel is conveniently located for a short walk to the metro. Our kids loved the buffet breakfast as well as the pool. Everyone enjoyed our time there.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish parking was free or at least cheaper for guests.

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast and Managers Happy Hour was awesome! I would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathtub needs replacement, could use upgrade. Living area was nice!

Location. Amenities including location, full breakfast, happy hour. And suite setup. Staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Excellent place to stay with family!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Awkward parking, although seems like everywhere else in the downtown area...

Excellent breakfast buffet!! Various complimentary beverages afternoon(really nice to have perk!). Super friendly and extremely helpful staff!!! Awesome location!!!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

the one meal I ordered was incorrect and they just added the...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the one meal I ordered was incorrect and they just added the missing product to a cold plate and the valet parking was horrible! the one time I asked for vehicle it took 50 minutes to bring it to me, only after I complained !!!

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Great location for experiencing Washington DC. Close to many attractions, metro and trolley services
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Temperature control in room questionable. Little cool most of the time.

Room spacious, great for extended stay. Breakfast facilities good, plenty of fresh, hot servings. Location was the best for us. Within short walking distance of most museums on the mall.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Location of property is very good, we can say its in the...
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The management of the hotel gets huge amount for one night stay at the property but even do not providing complementary water to the guests.

Location of property is very good, we can say its in the heart of Washington DC.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Hotel needs renovation
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I picked a Marriott and did not get the adequate standing and decor

I was expecting a nice suite for 500 € a night but was disappointed by the old furniture, walls and carpet. The bed was comfy. Personnel is kind and polite. Breakfast is too busy, may be smaller aeras would be more intimate.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Embassy Suites always meets or exceeds overall expectations.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bedroom was a little small. Could not open the closet door fully because it hit the bed. Food choices at happy hour were limited to chips, crackers & cheese.

Friendly staff, location, cleanliness of the room. Love the free breakfast - excellent choices. Happy hour is always nice.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Nice location, kind staff, but bad value for your money
    • Premium King Suite

- They almost billed me an extra 250 dollars. Had to show the confirmation from Booking.com in order to readjust the price - The room was too cold (or too hot if you turn off the air conditioner. No middle setting) - The breakfast was bad. No fresh vegetables, limited choice for fruits (only bananas and melon), everything else didn't taste good - No free WiFi - Bed sheets are replaced only every 3 nights. The cleaning employees also didn't do a good job so the room wasn't well cleaned - Pool : water is cold in the morning (and dirty), the pool is small and crowded and the jacuzzi was under construction. They should indicate that in the website ...

- Staff were very kind, except for one impolite receptionist girl - The bed was comfortable - The room furniture and facilities are in good condition - Hotel location is great : central, close to main attractions and close to the big Safeway supermarket - Big screen TV

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

We will definitely recommend this hotel & would stay again but pool cleanliness needs to improve
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the pool area was not open all the time- there was some work being done on the hot tub and the pool was only open at 5pm. We went one day but I was quite dissatisfied to see that the pool tiles were very dirty all around the waterline - the pool was also dusty after the drilling at the hot tub nearby. So the pool should have closed completely while the hot tub being fixed and a full deep clean done after to clean the tiles and water. This was our dissatisfaction in an otherwise excellent stay.

The evening reception was great plus it was great to see healthy food snacks too like carrots, hummus and fruit. The staff were wonderful & the very nice concierge lady (who booked our trolley bus tickets) gave us little treats and water for our son every day as we went out sightseeing - it made his day every day! The pool was closed one day and the manager saw our sone was disappointed and he sent up a tray with milk, cookies and bars of chocolate plus a personal note apologising to my son- it was so thoughtful and kind!

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Comfortable hotel in great location.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The smell of chlorine throughout the hotel from the pool and water feature in the lobby. Very overpowering, would have WHS concerns for the staff.

Loved the breakfast and the chef went out his way to help with dietary requirements. Also enjoyed the hospitality of the Welcome drinks. Good sized suite with comfortable beds and lounge area. Great location for getting around the city, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

We would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Both small things - the lighting in the room was on the verge of being too white/blue instead of warm and golden. And only if you're thinking about a remodel, the pool was on the small side and kind of stuffy in there and usually full of children. I have nothing against children, raised four, this is GREAT for families with young kids! But if you had a separate lap pool or hot tub for adults only, it would lend more to a peaceful swim workout or soak :)

The breakfast exceeded our expectations, with the huge variety of choices and especially the made to order omelette bar - there is something for everyone. Also, the daily wine/beer/snacks afternoon reception was something we looked forward to getting back to before getting ready for our evening activities. Another plus - the Capitol Bikes have a rack right there at the corner of the hotel. We used the app for those and enjoyed very much.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

AWESOME CITY & LODGING!...GREAT PROXIMITY TO THE DOWNTOWN DC AREA!...CLOSE TO EVERYTHING!

Liked everything!

I enjoyed the whole experience. Washington DC is a fabulous City. Embassy Suites Convention Center...ROCKS! Food was great at the inside restaurant “Finn”. Will be back in October! Thank you for everything.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Great place to stay in DC. Across the street there is Starbucks and Sushi AOI nearby.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I've never got the text message back when our room was ready. Luckily, it was in time to get back to the hotel for the complementary drink and snacks.

The bed is very comfortable and clean sheets, and the breakfast has make to your perfections omelette. The kitchen staff were great. The front desk staff failed to sent us message or text us when the room was available. We had asked for early check-in prior to our arrival. The hotel location is closed to Metro Center which is very convenient to go to Smithsonian by train.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great. We come to DC a lot and will be back. Great location, easy to walk to stuff
    • King Suite with Roll-In Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I have no complaints. Locations is great. Price for parking is hi, but I imagine is what big city parking charges, which is unfortunate.

The food at Finn and Porter was delicious; overall nice experience; great location. We had a handicapped disabled room because my daughter was in a wheelchair and the room was terrific and easy for her to navigate. The managers special is nice and well stocked, well done.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Location was great, staff very friendly and the hotel was very clean.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

There is only one elevator bank to the floors and I was located at the furthest end from them, although this was not a big deal for me but about the only thing I could mention that I didn't like about this hotel.

I loved having a living space separate from sleeping area, plenty of room before you go to bed to relax. It comes with a refrigerator, microwave and a safe. I liked the free breakfast with eggs cooked to order and the complimentary happy hour.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This was my first time booking through booking.com. I didn't know that I had to have my confirmation number available so that proper payment was applied. This was a bit frustrating but the staff helped solve.

Breakfast nice, good area for seating, staff great.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Overall the rooms were clean, quiet and convenient for a...
    • King Suite with Roll-In Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were placed in suite for people with special needs. The shower created a puddle that spread on the bathroom floor. The shower curtain was dirty and the whole bathroom needed a scrubbing or an upgrade (rusted light, mirror, mold stains etc.) The mattress in the pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable, so my son had to sleep on the folded couch. There should be another warm blanket in the room for the pull out bed.

Overall the rooms were clean, quiet and convenient for a family stay. Hotel is centrally located near China Town with numerous restaurants. It's within 10-15 minute walk from museum and other major attractions. Breakfast staff was excellent, very polite and accommodating. There was a good variety of breakfast food to accommodate kids, adults and different diets. Omelettes to order were great.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Wonderful long Weekend with Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing i can recommend, and only becouse we were there during a cold weekend, is hot chocolate at the drink station.

Everything was great, Breakfast was a plus and was very good. Makes enjoying your day a little easier. Breakfast had a variety of foods. Bellhop was very nice and stored our bags on our departure day after checkout time. Hotel is within walking distance to all sightseeing spots.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Fantastic location. Very walkable to all sites in DC
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A little noisy, however we visited during the Cherry Blossom peak time so hotel was very busy

Wonderful location and very helpful staff! Beds extra comfortable!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

I give this a 10 out of 10

No complaints at all

The staff was very hospitable and nice. The Restaurant was great. We ended up dining there every night by choice. Rooms were spacious. I would highly recommend this place.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

The overnight parking fee would deter me from the hotel stay.
    • Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

The bed was not firm and comfortable. When we arrived I was told by reception that there was no parking lot on New York Ave where I previously parked on a prior stay and that there was valet parking for 50 dollars per night. I later found out that there was parking on New York as the hotel being built still housed parking for 35 dollars per day. The parking also included a 9 dollar tax. In total parking for 3 nights was 177 dollars.

Reception, breakfast and pool.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Very good hotel for families and tourist, definitely a great value.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was geared to tourist and families, not allot of personal interaction and when there was it did not seem sincere. I was early for my 4: 00 check-in and I was told I would be texted when my room would be available. I never got a text and it was about 4:30, when I checked in. One of the remote in my room did not work and was never replaced after the front desk told me it would be taken care of. I do not have great vision and the two televisions in the room where very dark and brightness could not be changed, need a visual technology update. I was very surprised when I checked out that the front desk did not ask the basic question. How was your stayed?

The location was great for both walking and taxi. The complementary breakfast was very good. The front door hotel staff did a great job. The rooms where clean and stacked properly. Over all it is good value hotel.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Comfortable & convenient, good for families.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe it was just our room, but we could not get hot water in our bathroom sink, only in shower. Pool was small/very crowded. Parking was very expensive, and then additional tax on top of it at check out.

Breakfast & happy hour were good and convenient. Bed very comfortable. Staff very helpful. Walking distance to National mall, museums, and restaurants. Super family friendly.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Good location and services for the price.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Corner Room - Non-Smoking

Make to order breakfast was nice to have, as I don't like buffets. Location was good for being able to walk to the National Mall as well as restaurants in Chinatown, Penn Quarter. Kids and adults loved having the evening snacks and drinks.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Friendly staff except for one short Hispanic employee about...
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Expecting it to be more fancy based on the name, location and price. I didn’t like the fact that it was valet only, although the wait was tolerable.

Friendly staff except for one short Hispanic employee about 50 years old who reprimanded my 2 children for taking too many cherries (2 each) with their sodas at happy hour.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Breakfast was great and rooms were accommodating.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Bottled water or access to water needed to Be available. We were a thirsty the whole Time and could Never find pitchers of water or any waters in the hotel throughout our stay.

Breakfast was great and rooms were accommodating.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Dissapointed in this particular hotel and in Embassy Suites in general
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

no self-parking, only valet, and it's $60? very inconvenient to check-in/out with the parking outside, what feels like in the middle of the street. crappy breakfast, eggs taste like they are made from egg powder. The room is dark and feels dated, with old and boring wallpaper. No free WIFI?! even in the common areas? view from the window into the office 12 feet across. Would never stay in this hotel or the Embassy Suites in general. Really poor value for the price

good pool free drinks and snacks 5:30-7:30 PM

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

• Corner King Suite - Non-Smoking

We paid a little more for a large corner king suite which was fantastic! Good location in Downtown DC. Breakfast very good with made to order omelets. Parking is expensive but that is true for ALL DC hotels so I can't call that a negative on the hotel. Would stay here again. Advice: Stay away from Dupont Circle

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Just fine.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Crowded evening reception, noise level from adjoining rooms.

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is top notch. Areas were showing their age in the rooms and the walls are paper thin. Breakfast is good, no change up day to day in anything. Evening reception too packed and crammed to enjoy.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Free made to order breakfast and free happy hour.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Valet did misplace our keys. So held up our plans a little.

Free made to order breakfast and free happy hour. Also valet was in and out for only $50/ day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Kids enjoyed the pool area.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

An enjoyable place in a great location with wonderful amenities.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Corner Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeepers left our room unfinished, but the management had them back quickly when they found out.

Great breakfast and happy hour. Kids loved having access to a variety of foods, and enjoyed the evening snack.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

I would stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

From the Valet to the housekeeping staff, very friendly and welcoming. Hotel was very centrally located to everything. Restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner. Happy Hours was an unexpected bonus.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Nice place.
    • King Suite with Roll-In Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The swimming pool water could have been warmer, and the breakfast was not very healthy

The location is great. The bathtub wasn't very clean. The breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Delightful stay, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent staff communication via text.
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only downside was the sleeper sofa was not that comfortable, but are they ever? Pool and hot tub areas were very crowded, but that was to be expected.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional. Extremely fast service and the omelettes were delicious. Bus boys took plates away in a timely fashion. The larger king suite was spacious with a large picture window to the street. There were a couple of minor items not working (one phone, light bulb), but after responding to a text from customer service these were immediately fixed the same day. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

I will not be returning!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff during check in was very rude! She gave me false information as far as the amount of money being taken off my card. Which pushed one of my bills back with a late fee due to my scheduling. I was under the impression that the total amount would be charged at check out but the full Amount was taken at check in !!!!! Very upset!!!!!When I went to my room and saw that it looked nothing like what was posted on the internet it was very disappointing! There were ants in the sink and A baby spider crawling as well ..gross! The furniture was very cheap looking and the tub was super small I was not able to bathe and relax comfortably, not to mention the shooter curtian and the wall of the shower had black stains I went to Walmart to get products to clean it myself before getting in! There was a party on my floor which was a bit loud that interfered with my sleep ! I tried to go to the hot tub and relax , but there were a bunch of kids running around and diving ! The fitness center also had a 3 children playing on equipment with no supervision!!!! I couldn't get a hold of the front desk so I had to leave my room to go down stairs and ask for towels and utensils! The younger women operating the front desk give me a nasty look during my walk into the breakfast diner . You would think for the amount of money you spend on this place the parking should be included $59 per day plus room rates is just absolutely ridiculous! Will not be visiting again . Very poor!

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Just okay
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was a little dated and noisy they switched us twice because the first morning we were woken up at 6:30 due to construction. Second morning was woken up at 6:50 due to different construction on the other side. Beds were okay as well as cleaning just okay there was hair in bathtub prior to anyone using it. Free breakfast and happy hour were nice as well as the location. I wouldn't stay there again though.

Just okay

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

wouldn’t stay there again unless the hotel
    • Double Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The hotel was disorganized and unprepared for the large event taking place at the convention center despite the preparation. The restaurant staff was less than happy to serve anyone. The parking attendants, or valets has no idea how to handle the volume and i parked two blocks away because it was such chaos. They couldn’t find out bags they were holding and it took a manager to get our bags and take them to our room. The bed squeaked like crazy with every turn, the mini frig was barely cool, the furnace cover feel off and landed on my foot for no apparent reason, and the furnishings are old, outdated and in some items in very poor shape. It’s time for an update to his hotel if they are going to charge the rates we paid.

The managers and checkin staff we excellent. The maintenance person was quick and friendly and repaired the furnace cover in our room quickly. The breakfast buffet was a nice add and the food was very good at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

It met our needs.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking. Valet situation was a major cluster. No affiliated parking. It’s a free for all. Expensive. Lacking healthy breakfast options.

Pool. Suite. Location. Happy hour.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

I saved a lot of money booking this room with booking. Com.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were too fluffy & uncomfortable to lay head on to sleep. They were ok for watching tv while propped up though.

The bed was very comfortable & room nice & clean!

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

We had a very nice stay at the Embassy. It met our needs perfectly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Coffee could have been stronger. Restaurant menu could have been more varied and interesting.

The breakfast buffet, the convenience to different museums, the manager's reception.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Fitness room, pool area, restaurant, breakfast buffet,...
    • Corner King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying for wifi is too much as you are already paying a good deal of money for the stay.

Fitness room, pool area, restaurant, breakfast buffet, complimentary drinks snacks.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Thw breakfast was excellent and the staff was helpful.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Our beds were to be queen beds but they were double. My niece foumd toys and tablet under the pull out couch. So much for tbe cleaning crew. There were hairs in my tub.

Thw breakfast was excellent and the staff was helpful. Even at the busiest time there were still seats. But the lines go pretty long. The pool and sauna were relaxing.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Great hotel with a few weak points
    • Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not that healthy, e.g., jucies were concentrate mixed with local water (not tasty). Overall, a typical US breakfast with a ray of hope. Room in 15th floor, but only view to the neighbour building... You could hear neighbours through the walls. Smaller issues (dirty coffee machine, defect light switch and missing shampoo) were processed immediately.

Large premium suite with complimentary coffee, tea and snacks. Very friendly and attentive staff. Overall clean and nice hotel. Fitness and pool area were sufficient and nice. Comfortable beds. Very well located - you can walk to the Capitol, the White House, diverse museums etc.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Embassy suites
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought the pool was a little small and the having to pay 50$ a day to park is ridiculous

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast and happy hour it was excellent. Friendly and helpful staff all day.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Within walking distance of the Mall and Smithsonians, a...
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

Within walking distance of the Mall and Smithsonians, a couple good choices for restaurants. The breakfast was great, you could get made to order eggs/omelets, or if you were short on time, they had a buffet. Usually when it’s like that, I have to clear my own table, but they had staff.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Great location, comfortable and clean.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Morning coffee at buffet not hot enough. My kids said the pool smelled “gross” so they got right out.

Great location. Nice staff. Easy check in and check out. Evening happy hour looked like a lot of fun, although I did not attend. Good breakfast omelette.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Content with my stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was hoping to find an extra blanket in the hall closet, because I felt chilly during the night sleeping, so that would be a plus to include that for guests!

Breakfast looked appetizing, although I had to leave before I had time to sit and eat.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Embassy Suites always comes through!

Nothing to improve.

Everyone’s attitude was extremely upbeat and enthusiastic. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was great! The bed was to die for! Embassy Suites always satisfies!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Going back to DC this weekend and will be staying here!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing you should know is that the indoor pool is only 3 feet deep. It did not bother me one bit, but if you have teenagers (like I do) they were a little disappointed.

Everything about my family's stay was just amazing!! From check in, to free drinks during happy hour, dinner in their restaurant was DELICIOUS!!! Breakfast in the morning was great!! The service received from the front desk, valets and servers in the restaurant was just impeccable.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

It was convenient to everything and it was connected to a...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like marijuana, and I couldn't tell if it was the previous guests or if it was coming through the vents. We also wish the pillows were a lot fluffier. We both had neck aches in the morning. I would still book again.

It was convenient to everything and it was connected to a nice restaurant

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Overall great choice!
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel does have a valet parking service, however it is not free. Maybe that is normal for the DC area I'm not sure. My husband and I were surprised to learn of the $50 overnight parking charge.

The room was a great value for the price and is in a prime location in DC. Everything is in walking distance from shops to food. This hotel is definitely going to be our first choice going forward. The hotel does have a valet parking service, however it is not free. Other than that great place to stay, with literally no wait to check in or out.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Embassy suites are always awesome with breakfast and happy...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Embassy suites are always awesome with breakfast and happy hour. But this location was especially great due to the walking distance to almost everything in DC.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Sleep deprived
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Terribly thin walls and very loud party partying all night in the adjoining suite. Staff got them to shut down after I called but they were back at it the next night. Need better sound isolation

Location was great next to convention center, short walk to many sites.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

We are traveling home through DC and plan on staying here again. Loved it!

Nothing actually

Great complimentary full breakfast, nice bar with a limited but delicious menu. Wonderful location within walking distance of the National Mall and downtown. Lots of really great restaurants in the area to walk to. Suite was spacious , clean and bedding was over the top Comfy! Free newspapers Great coffee

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

The bed was extremely comfortable!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had to pay over $50 for parking, parking should be free if you're staying at the hotel!

The bed was extremely comfortable! I loved how close the hotel was to other stuff!

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Staff was great! Facilities clean and overall good value for what we paid. Enjoyed convenience
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Had lunch at restaurant and buffalo wings were drowned in sauces. Nachos were lacking spices....very bland. Taste of food overall was mediocre.

Breakfast overall was good! Liked the cook to order station.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

It was wonderful and exceeded my expectation.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything that I did not like. This is a wonderful hotel. The room was extremely comfortable and it totally met my needs.

I enjoyed my entire stay at the hotel. I used its fitness facility, and they had everything I needed for a complete workout. I took advantage of the made-to-order breakfast that went well beyond my expectation. The hotel is also conveniently located to all the Metro lines, which is also a plus.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Pretty great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only vallet parking, was told they had free parking, 43.00 extra is not that bad but when not mentioned it is, plus not mentioned was the $110 deposit which was not a problem but was not mentioned upon agreement. So I was looking an extra $200 bucks in the blind only thing I was uncomfortable with.

Fluffy bed n pillows.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Great hotel/perfect location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was perfect. Everything is within walking distance to many monuments and museums. Great selection of restaurants also near by. Hotel is also close to metro stations and bus stops as well. There is a taxi rank right outside the hotel. From hotel to airport taxi costs around $18 (2 people) coffee and tea making facilities with a small kitchenette was very useful.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

I would recommend this hotel 110%!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the water (especially the surface) in the hot tub was not clean.

THE BEST hotel I have ever stayed in my whole life! Particularly, the front desk staff was amazing!! My room, the breakfast, and the happy hour made my visit just wonderful.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Spacious, convenient and good value
    • Corner King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the furnishings were getting a bit tired (I believe a refresh is on the way). Breakfast buffet was pretty average (you get what you pay for - it was free!), but the made-to order eggs were a better option. Wi-Fi was extra charge unless you signed up for HHonors and then required a cumbersome log-in process every day. There is a small kitchenette - sink and microwave - but no utensils or crockery.

Excellent value for money compared to other hotels in the area. Great size rooms, and the corner suites are lovely and bright. We were in town for a week, so it was definitely nice to have somewhere comfortable and spacious. Elvis on reception was very helpful.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

It’s worth your stay especially since they have free breakfast. So it’s worth your money!
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Never park on the street their street signs are very confusing so I have a $50 ticket! The sign said No LIMIT TIME PARKING 6:30-10pm. So We thought that we did not have to pay. Nope at 8:54pm I had a ticket on my cAr. But Next time I’ll Use Valet parking for both nights and not try the cheap way out.

They should have turkey bacon or beef because everyone does not eat pork. But everything else was good.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Evening reception was excellent, staff friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi was a little slow, food at reception could be better. Snacks out of a bag aren't really that interesting.

Evening reception was excellent, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Great weather
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Peeling paint and paper on bath room. Bed room very small only mirror on back of door. Difficult to use comfortably Room farthest from elevator ( I had knee surgery and didn’t appreciate the hike) hotel close to sites of interest.

Bed was heavenly Breakfast was generous and well prepared. Happy hour was a nice bonus

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

I didn't get value for my money.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to change rooms. The door frame in the first room was detached from the wall. The rooms were not adaquately cleaned. Hair that did not belong to me was in the shower.

The location of the hotel.