Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington D.C. Georgetown 4 stars

1250 22nd Street Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20037, USA

#46 of 138 hotels in Washington

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is far away from the most important turistic places. The metro or subway is 800 meters away.

The hotel offers a very convenient free Happy Hour. The hotel is modern, very well designed.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was given the wrong room. I booked thru Booking.com and signed up for the executive king suite which according to the picture was much larger than what I was given. I have emailed booking.com regarding this, but was never contacted back.

Food was great. The facilities was fine.

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

there's not much choices of restaurants closeby

the large rooms are very comfortable for a family of six. The breakfast was great and the area is big enough for guests to be comfortable. I also like the availability of the washing machines and driers.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was nice to have, but the food tended to be on the luke-warm side if you were eating at the buffet. Otherwise, there was a good selection for breads, bagels, muffins, and pastries to choose from as well as cereals. The coffee was plentiful, but they only offered a light roast which I am loath to drink.

The happy hour was fun and I met some truly wonderful people there.

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The sofa bed mattress is too hard. Maybe you should get a more comfortable option. I would like for the room to be vacuumed every day. The breakfast hours should be extended to at least 10 am so you don’t have to get up so early while on vacations.

The room is spacious, comfortable and with all the amenities expected. I always stay here with my family when I visit my daughter that studies in DC. The renovations are beautiful! The breakfast superb. The happy hour a great idea to share with family.

• King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only thing that we had wrong was the water pressure in the bathroom sink was very poor. The maintainance man came up and cleaned out the drain. It was really clogged and filthy. Didn't make us feel good.

.Everything was excellent.

We loved it all!

I picked this spot so my daughter could swim in the pool, which was excellent. The arcade was just an added bonus for us as well. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was so friendly!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing, I enjoyed the entire experience.

The room allowed my adult daughter and I to have separate sleeping spaces. The breakfast was delicious and we really enjoyed the afternoon receptions.

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Management chinces by providing only disposable cups and utensils in the room. They never got the environment memo, and also installed wall-to-wall carpeting (too bad, allergies). If you are looking for low-fat/sodium and minimally processed foods, avoid the restaurant, including breakfast.

The suite room was clean, spacious, and relatively modern. Service was very good, and I enjoyed the small pool for some laps. Decent drinks for the free happy hour though - thanks for that!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They should give guests at least 2 free eater bottles...they only do this for preferred guests. I thought that was not very hospitable! Otherwise we Loved the Breakfast. When guests first get there a small welcome bag with water maybe a couple cookies would be so appreciated!!

Beautiful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The attitude of one of the food and beverage manager. He talked to me in a rude way just because he didn’t know my ID from NYC and because he thought it was fake. That was our first hour in the hotel and was so disappointed and embarrassed at the same time But the general manager resolved all the problem with a really nice attitude and professional manners. Not like the other “supervisor or manager”

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Hilton honors club people were extremely pushy. One individual stopped us every time we came in and out of the hotel. After making it clear we were not interested. Extremely annoying.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff was not very helpful. The billing proceedure was inaccururate. Not being notified of $100 incendental fee. not being told parking was additional per night. some other things.

The room was large and clean. The restaurant was clean and a lot of seating.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The restaurant didn’t offer a lot of options for dinner, and being exhausted from walking all day, I wish they would offer more healthy options. I didn’t want to go out again. I picked the hotel partially because some of the reviews said walking distance to the attractions, but that is incorrect. You have to do Uber (about $20 round trip), taxi or train ($2/card, plus $2.25/ trip per person). The train was very convenient and easy to use. Closest station about 4 blocks from hotel.

For a family of 4 the room was great. Comfortable and clean. The free breakfast you do pay with the rate, but the choices and times were great.

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

See above for explanation, the desk clerks need better training and guidance on working with guests.

We had the worst experiences at check-in that I have encountered in 40 years of traveling. Could not find my reservation but acted like I was at the wrong hotel. After having experienced this I went back to desk to check on family members' room reservation for the next day. Again a delay in finding it but I am assured all is taken care of. Sure enough I get a call when family members arrive that they can not find their reservation. After another delay they claim to find it and we go up to the room and they gave us the same room. At this point I am in a rage. Finally get that straightened out with the manager. My relatives are given a voucher for overflow parking ($49 a day for parking I might add) a few blocks away, it did not work. They came back for a second voucher and the desk clerk said "it should work" but it did not. So they just took a ticket after driving 14 hours to DC. When we check out, we find double charges for parking. Add to that the Consigliere was unhelpful and curt with me. The only upside was the courtesy of the ladies who work the breakfast, lunch, and dinners. They were warm and kind.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everyone was so kind and helpful. They went out of there way to make our stay feel welcome and comfortable. My son and I arrived early from SLC. They let us eat breakfast, check in early, and even took our bags to our room and we didn’t ask. I was so pleased and will definitely be staying there again. Thank you!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

First room we checked into had some problems (531). The air handling unit went on and off all night and banged like a wrench on a pipe every time it went off. The door in between the bedroom and living space was off the hinge making it impossible for the person in the living space not to wake up folks when trying to get to the bathroom. As a result we didn't have a good sleep the first night.

Amenities are fabulous. Always brings me back.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We didn’t like how there was a constant push on the Hilton priority. We felt very uncomfortable especially being confronted during our dinner.

The bed was extremely comfortable and rooms were large which really was great as we were doing a long term traveling around the east coast. There was plenty of storage for our luggage. The free cocktail hour was a great bonus too!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Were given a key to the same room as some other guests, were shocked to open the door and see somebody else there (thankfully, not naked, but from now on I'll always lock up my rooms). Correcting this took a long time, the staff promised to make it up to us by promising some "points" but we never heard back from them since.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We used the jacuzzi and there was an overwhelming amount of Chlorine used in the water, to the point that I started to develop a headache. We did let an attendant know, however, he suggested we let the front desk know since the comment wouldn’t fall on ‘deaf’s ears’ if we said something. Our room was facing an active construction site which meant it wasn’t the best view while being on our mini getaway. Last but definitely not least, we were convinced by to listen to a pitch about Hilton Grand Vacations and there other new program, the young man told us about the incentives to go and listen. And said it wouldn’t last for longer than 2 hours...Well 3.5 hours later we felt very pressured, frustrate and annoyed that we sat through all of that and we didn’t even receive everything they promised afterward. In additional, it took a big chunk of our last full day of our short getaway.

Loved how big the room was and how there was an actual living room and workspace. Loved how comfortable the bed was as well. We also loved the Daily Happy Hour which was included in the rate. Great indoor pool/jacuzzi option for year round activity!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One problem: drain in bathtub could not be closed (room 611) -- reported the next morning as we checked out. We assume that it has been fixed since.

Great overall; room, breakfast, location -- location was reason for choice

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the guest relations when i checked into hotel. I did not feel like former employee amd not amd Honors member!!

Everything other than check in and when i wemt to get 2 glasses from bar. Other than that i was happy

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have used more vegetarian options

Room was very comfortable and the hotel decor was very nice. Parking was not bad for me. I often found spots on the same block as the hotel

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s unfortunate that during my one night stay there were two incidents (fights) that occurred which disrupted our stay. One, during our dining in your bar area around 11pm and again around 1 am in the hallway. The staff remarked that this was a common occurrence during Dec/Jan which i find unacceptable. Otherwise our stay was okay.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My reservation was canceled when I arrived even though I talked to the property a couple of days prior and they were supposed to change my card on file but when I got there the girl never put my card information in the system. Very sketchy! I gave her my entire card information over the phone. I don't know what she did with it but it wasn't what she was supposed to.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Spacious room; loved the atrium and the effect it created; I liked the neighborhood; Everything seemed so well-run, like the staff knows how to operate a fine hotel.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very accommodating, we arrived four hours prior to check in time ( it was snowing outside ). The Hotel had no problem checking us in early since our room was ready!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Need waffle maker. Potatoes cold every day we were there. Construction across street . Parking 49 dollars a night... needed uber/cab for all sights/memorials

Great made to order omelette for breakfast .. room big and bed comfortable. Great deal in nice part of town. Also free drinks from 530 till 730 every day

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It gets loud and you can hear everyone in the lobby in morning and late night due to restaurant and bar

Cleanliness is always important and this place met every standard!

• Boardroom Suite

The rooms are big and clean, the stuff was nice and kind. 30 min walk to convention center and 20 min walking to the monument area. Nice happy hour in the evening - cocktails and beers with snacks.

• King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Unfourtunately I got charged 799,02$ instead of 664,10$. There were some problems no one was able to explain me the price or the reason of the 799,02 $. I hope someone can provide me a refund fast. Booking guaranteed the 580$ prince, I understand the 14,5% Tax, everything above that is just a scam.

Breakfast; room

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pool was very small. Limited parking space so research where you are going to park before you come. There are lots of parking garage but prices can be very high

Lovely staff. Happy hour (seriously needed it and it being fre made it taste better) Easy breakfast with lots of options If you like walking it was very handy as well as walked to the museum etc

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I like the cleanness of my room. The last two hotels I stayed in has bedbugs. So I very pleased that I didn't see any. On another note. When I went down for cocktail hour the bartender was very rude. I spoke and he never responded. When he handed me my drink I said thank you. Again he didn't say a word. He spoke to the next customer. Because of his rudeness I chose not to stay for cocktail hour and kept my tip I brought him. I was also yelled at by the young lady that took the dishes. I was going to empty my food into the garbage and then give her a plate. She yelled at me. Give me a moment. I wasn't handing her my dishes. She just assumed and barked at me. Once again I kept my tip. You know who did get a tip. The gentleman that handled our bags. He was so polite.

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Liked it all. No complaints.

excellent service and very friendly staff. Close to many things. Breakfast buffet was an added bonus. you could have supplied better munchies for t he happy hour though. (Shrimp)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk folks to be more friendly and must provide the customers the best solution. For example, i need a glass of water after checkout, the front desk's response is to get from the restroom or buy a bottled water from the store. At other Hilton chained hotel, the response like this has never happened.

Soft pillow, high end bathroom with auto lighting, super excellent breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

In room service for lunch and dinner are very expensive,food and snacks unreasonable high price ,not enough option to choose ,small in portion and not tasty.No healthy food option at all

Family friendly and cleanliness

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location was hard to get family of small children around town to the museums and monuments. Unfortunately there wasn’t a shuttle to the metro, which would have made the logistics easier.

Very nice staff

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only 3 elevators for the hotel and 1 was broken long wait to use them booking.com said the room would be 750 and the hotel charged 900 will never use booking .com again

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked everything didn't have any problems.

My stay was awesome everyone professional always food delicious rooms very cleaned we had an awesome stay will do it again an refer my family an friends.Thank

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Too much sugar in everything! Suggest perhaps a section in the dining area with food suitable for Diabetics?

Friendly and very helpful and knowledge staff, great bed, Happy Hour with free drinks and snacks was awesome. Would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My family and I went to DC for a surprise retirement party and we couldn't have found a better place than the Embassy Suites, the location was perfect. We were within walking distance to the location of the party, also to the National Mall. We had a great time. We stayed for 3 days and managed to see most of the Monuments. The entire staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the breakfast as I mention above.

I would like to have more low fat food for breakfast , such as more bread , artisanal, variety, olive oil for the toasts and natural yogurt. Unfortunately it is impossible for people from other cultures to take the flavour American yogurt because it is extremely sweet. I also wold like more fruit variety

No fan in the bathroom.

The breakfast was great every morning and the staff was professional, friendly and courteous at all times. Metro was close, local shops, restaurants and grocery was close and I would for sure choose this hotel again. Thank you!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked everything about this Hotel. The staff was simply amazing and helpful. It's close to everything, walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Next time my family and I go to Washington DC we will definitely at this hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lousy breakfast full of pork and sweets. It was not possible to het some hot milk. This hotel plays on quantity not on quality.

Clean and large room with living room.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

One elevator was not working the entire stay (3 nights) so there was a constant backup of people - especially at busy times when we might have to wait 4-5 elevator cars until there was room. Staff did not seem to have any concerns with the backups. Also, despite it being very convenient, the parking was very pricey!

Great breakfast! Very nice and comfortable rooms in the suite - we had more space than we needed but it was great.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Water in the shower was not warm enough

Food at breakfast was a problem for us. We are kosher and could barely find any thing to eat. Also there were no bowls on display,we had to ask staff and that took time to find people. A few containers of a kosher yogurt such as Chobani could have solved the problem. We loved the accommodations. The bedroom bathroom and everything was really good. The cable went out for a while. The rooms were beautifully decorated and really comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No van to use for close attractions. There are places to go that are close and you get tired of cabing all the time even Uber.

Clean and very comfortable. Great atmosphere

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When calling from home to the hotel asking about. Checking in early (I'm guessing it's an answering service) I spoke to John who was so incredibly rude . I had questions about checking in early and he kept telling me absolutely not it's not possible. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he hung up on me. The breakfast itself was good but the service wasn't. I know they are so busy but but they kept running out of silverware and food.

Loved that the rooms were spread out. They were clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Lobby was clean. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. We took a red eye from California and needed to check in really early. They had a room clean for us in an hour so we could sleep! Since we were new to the city we had questions here and there and the front desk and concierge were happy to help. Even recommended an app to help us get around on the subway.

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned appropriately. There was sticky stuff on the end table. Gum wrappers on TV stand I went to make coffee and water was in the pot. Yuck!! I typically would have complained. I checked beds for bedbugs and they were clean. We went for the complimentary drink there were empty chairs at the bar we sat there for 20 min an was not even acknowledged. We left. I spoke with front desk they offered compliment drink voucher but we didn't go back down My bill was $34 higher than booking.coms price I ask for them to go over it. They charged for 6 adults and not 2 adults and 4 kids like I booked. They corrected it but never apologized for the error blamed it on me.

The breakfast was good. Room was nice size. Beds were comfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff and a customer service representative could not resolve a fairly simple rewards program after patiently presenting it to them 3 times and each time being told it was resolved.

The morning breakfast was very nice

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The fact that parking at Ritz Carlton as an alternative location was not convenient. Embassy needs a shuttle to transport guests back from Ritz garage, esp during inclement weather.

The room layout was very comfortable. The helpful & friendly staff. The manager's reception was received well.

The hotel front desk staff was rude and was not willing to help!! I did not like the way they bypassed customer service!! The games in the game room didn't work, and only 2 of the 3 elevators worked!!

The rooms were nice and the kids like the pool.

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Construction across the street Asked for additional towels twice - never got them Pool area was somewhat gross I paid over $2,200 for 3 nights -very disappointed

Not much - staff with a few exceptions was not at all friendly

• King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My family and I had a great stay the hotel is beautiful loved it clean, spacious & comfortable. The consierg Adji was so pleasant & friendly at check in she took her time & explained to us what we have during our stay & made us feel welcome. Definitely will visit again highly recommend this hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the 3 elevators was out, causing long delays and crowded rides. No one to help seat you for continental breakfast. Eggs, bacon, etc. were cold. No hotel workers ever pushed the lids back down to keep food warm; patrons sure didn't do it either.

Office set up in suite. Happy hour complementary drinks.

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The bar staff including the manager were totally inept. The breakfast buffet could not keep up with the number of guests- you ran out of forks for over 20 minutes. The hotel manager chose to upgrade and close one of the elevators -the 4th of July weekend-making it virtually impossible to get to the lobby. people were forced to haul their luggage down many flights of steps.

Kevin the doorman was super and the front desk was very helpful

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Elevators were slow and one of the three was not operating. There were some very long wait times, especially during check-out times on the sweetened.

Breakfast buffet was great as was the helpfulness of the. Front desk staff.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast management could have been better. The staff and servers at breakfast were excellent but the red haired supervisor was hardly present or circulating the area to address concerns.

Comfortable bed cold out bed so son and I had separate accomadations.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is a little bit expensive.

The breakfast was very delicious and included in the price. Excellent reception by the staff.Big suite with all the facilities needed.Great location.

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn't Like the hefty parking fee!!

The rooms were clean, spacious, beds comfortable. Breakfast was good. Also enjoyed a light dinner which was good. Only stayed for one night but would recommend it.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing really, just would like all elevators to be operational for a hotel this size.

Staff extremely nice and helpful. Everything was close to perfect - except they only have 3 elevators and 1 of which was out of service - making the wait times very long. But that is a temporary issue - I would definitely recommend this hotel. Awesome breakfasts and delicious coffee ! And it's within walking distance of a Whole Foods Market as well as a Walgreen's and CVS, and Starbucks.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The charge for the parking was outrageously high. The location was okay, but you had to walk a distance to just about everything you would want to see or do. The biggest complaint was that the toilet must have been a left over children's toilet that they bought - if you don't mind almost sitting on the floor to use it, then you're fine.

The rooms were very clean and there were working plugs everywhere which is not always the case with other hotels. The suite was roomy and had doors to close off various rooms so one person could be asleep while another watched television. The breakfast (included) was incredible! Omelets to order, fresh fruit, and many other selections - if you went away hungry, it was your own fault. The staff members were very accommodating. The towels were big and fluffy and white and were a pleasure to use.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

No complaints or dissatisfaction coz we were out most of the time, enjoying the sights of DC

Overall environment in and around the hotel was good. Friendly reception and restaurant staff

• Boardroom Suite

covered it above,

liked the breakfast and cocktail availability, need more toasters, more snack foods at night, fix ice makers on some floors and elevator for sure.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast and happy hour are fantastic with a variety of choices! Additionally, Erica, Alan, and LaShay were so incredibly helpful and kind. Erica was kind and attentive from the beginning of our stay when we checked-in, and even went out of her way to greet us when we checked-out. That type of customer service makes all the difference. It's what made me want to return.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the smell of the elevator coming to and from the car garage. I didnt like the drink selection from the small gallery of snack near the front desk. I didnt like how much of a squeeze the front road was coming out of the garage.

I enjoyed the setting of the first floor a lot. It felt large and reminded me of the hyatts back home in Austin. I enjoyed the breakfasts as well the staff were highly skilled. Every experience with the dining was on point. The breakfast buffy had a great selection daily. It was something different everyday. I particularly liked the waffles and sausage day.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Noisy neighbor. Front desk did go to their room and ask them to turn down the music. Unfortunately, the gst just turned it back up later. We didn't call again. Not worth the hassle. Desk assoc handled issue quickly and to our satisfaction.

Perfect location. NICE area to take a walk in. Beautiful residential setting. Historical buildings. Nice assortment of restaurants to walk to. Fairly quiet for being so busy. Safe area with nice mix of old architecture brownstones as well as new urban development. Outstanding breakfast: offerings, staffing, flow of guests, seating area ample and clean, and excellent staff working the area. Aaron (prepping the custom eggs) and another thin gentleman (60+) with an accent that was waiting on/busing the tables. Very attentive, authentic, professional, and service minded guys. They are rare gems.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

expensive local and long distance phone calls within US and you are charged for calls that are not answered as well

spacious room, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We dined in our room one evening and the dishes were still by the door the next morning when I left for breakfast.

Chef A was very pleasant. His morning excitment and gracious attitude made the breakfast experience enjoyable. I wish more of your employed were as friendly. Also the AA daytime bellman was exceptionally helpful every time I encountered him. He assisted me with my mother who is in a wheelchair.

See above.

The hotel, room and staff were all excellent. Location is great to walk to Georgetown-about 15min, and other areas. I had an issue with the toilet and they sent the engineer right away. Location was very good, but parking in garage was very high. I found street parking but not very convenient. the breakfast buffet was ok, too long a line for the omlette station, better selection of fresh fruits and fresher pastries would have been nice.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Air conditioning unit in room was weird! Kept recycling by itself! Turned it off, but it still goes on! Not too big a deal!

Comfortable, as expected! Great Service, as expected! Convenient, as expected! Friendly Staff, as expected! Accessible to everywhere & everything, as expected! Overall - Happy loyal Customer!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

i got stuck in DC train brook, the way the front desk took care of me was 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your night manager Mr. Allan Telsy was super professional.

• Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The water in the shower could be softer.

I have never experienced a more friendly staff. From the front desk to Tristan, the restaurant manager, to Raja and Candice at the bar, and John, the chef, everyone was as pleasant as could be. Definitely our go to place in DC.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Executive Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I hated the parking in the building. The space was very tight & akward.

Loved the breakfast setup. The checkin process was smooth & very friendly.