Reviews of Embassy Suites Williamsburg 3 stars

3006 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185, USA

#42 of 75 hotels in Williamsburg

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

We have stayed here many times in the past but they remodeled since our last visit and it was beautiful!! Spacious and welcoming bar/lobby area and still plenty of room for the bountiful breakfast buffet. Although there were several school groups there the breakfast buffet was always well stocked and clean.Management was very helpful and all staff were friendly .. and we always enjoy the managers reception!! Wonderful stay!

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Room looked out on the indoor pool and was very loud when a large group of teens took over the pool from 9:00 to 10;00 PM. Little natural light in this room. Snack in the afternoon were a nice touch, but they were low quality and hardly worth it. Fruit was bruised and not appetizing.

Friendly staff.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was excellent, rooms were sufficient size, location was close driving distance to Williamsburg and Jamestown, hotel staff were helpful and friendly.

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The chargies on the bank account that I didn’t use. And how no one will get in co tact with me about theses charges. Housekeeping didn’t clean our room the entire time we were there. The wait staff was rude at the breakfast. Telling us that it’s almost over cleaning our dishes up when we wasn’t even finished. No clean towels. Had to get some. Too many kids running through the halls all times of night

The pool and the managers partty

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Where do I start?? Upon arrival the woman at the front desk was rude and didn’t welcome us, she asked for a credit card and didn’t look up from her computer or smile. When we arrived to our room #209, I called down because I was under the impression that we had booked. 2 bedroom room suite and this suite only had one bedroom. The same woman was extremely rude and dismissive of my question and told me that there was no way I booked a 2 room suite and there was nothing she could do. I called booking.com to confirm what type of room I had booked and the customer service rep looked into the situation and told me that there was an error on the website and indeed it was just the one bedroom suite. I asked for some sort of compensation as the room was quite small and a small percentage was taken off the total. I was happy with this and proceeded to unpack and settle into the room. When I attempted to take a shower, the tub was broken and the drain wasn’t working properly. I called down to the front desk to report this and nothing was done. We left for the evening to have dinner. When we returned, I pulled out the sofa bed, it was filfthy and had some sort of bug remnants on the mattress pad. I took a picture and went downstairs to the front desk to complain in person. The same rude woman was there and again didn’t look up when I told her about the pull out bed. I asked to speak to a manger because at this point I was very upset and exhausted after driving 6 hours with 2 children for our vacation. I was informed no manager was on duty and was then told that she would be “more than happy to check us out of the hotel if you aren’t happy”. I informed her that I wanted to be moved to a new room and that I also wanted to speak to her manager ASAP. She paged her manager but he didn’t call me back that night.

My children enjoyed the breakfast and the woman making omlettes was very sweet.

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

I did not enjoy the front desk staff named "Cynthia" I did not have the best customer service experience what I always expect from Hilton staff members. Maybe she was not having a good day. Nevertheless, I will not be returning to this establishment. Side note: Front desk customer service is key to the longevity on the business because they are the first impression of the business. Can't only blame front desk staff. At the end of the day, it is the leadership that has dropped the ball.

The breakfast and manager hour.

Bar food average.

Very nice team. Reception, bar and breakfast, all were smiling and ready to attend. The hotel is spotless and bed are very comfortable. Breakfast plentiful.

• 2 Room Suite

I thought that two rooms meant two bedrooms so my family did not have enough room do two of us left early.

Staff responsive to request and patient with all people I saw them interact with.

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

We were disappointed that it said there was a hot tub but it was filled in. The sign at the hotel also said "SPA"

We needed towels in the pool area and within minutes someone brought towel in to the pool area.

• 2 Room Suite

The breakfast scene was chaotic. There were not enough plates or cutlery, and they ran out of food. This seems like something that would be easy to plan for and to fix (given that the hotel knows how many guests it has). The staff worked very hard, but it seemed as if the kitchen and dining area were understaffed.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We found the walls to be quite sound-proof, so we slept really well!

• 2 Room Suite

This was minor, but there were no sheets or pillows for the sofa bed in our room. I called the front desk and they sent them immediately.

Because it was so cold we left Busch Gardens early with our three grand girls. Embassy Suites’ heated pool saved the day. They swam that night and again before we left with an extended checkout. Also when we checked in at the hotel the host gave us packets of hot chocolate for each of us. The breakfast was amazing and the person manning the breakfast cleanup station took his job seriously and was helping people find seating.

• Double Room - Smoking

The staff at the front desk was not friendly. The bartender looked at me and did not acknowledge me and then walked away. I called room service twice and did not get an answer. When the phone went to the front desk because it rang so long, she just connected me back to room service and it rang a few times then there was a dial tone. I ended up having to order pizza for my family off property.

• 2 Room Suite

Unfortunately the phone in our room wasn't working but management promptly attempted to take care of it.

The breakfast was superb. The extra special care they gave for my husband's birthday was over the top.

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was awesome my room was clean and bright. I liked the social time in evening I was already going to a company party but would have enjoyed staying in and sitting at your bar . Staff were all very pleasant I will definitely use Embassy suits for all my needs 😊

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Requesting Refund through Booking.com and hotel for unpleasant hotel stay I booked a stay at an Embassy Suites from August 28 - Aug 30, 2017. I booked a 2 room suite inclusive of 4 double beds, a pullout sofa-bed and 2 full bathrooms. I have several complaints during my stay. Upon check in and entering the room, my party and I took notice that one of the beds had what looked to be a liquid substance that had seeped into the linens and one of the pillows on the bed. I took the pillow to the front desk representative and shared my disgust. The rep seemed appalled as well. They sent housekeeping to the room to put new linen on the bed and pillows. Next, my wife is on medication for low-blood pressure and has to be in well ventilated areas. She was taking a shower, in 1 of the 2 bathrooms, and became very light headed. She ended up passing out and gave us a big scare. She said that she passed out because she could not breathe properly in the bathroom. Upon investigation of the bathroom, we could not find any switch for ventilation. We contacted the front desk to share the issue and to ask if there were ventilation fans in the room. We were told that there were not any ventilation switches, but there were fans and they are always on. I communicated to the front desk that the fan was not working properly. I put a piece of toilet paper to the fan grate and it did not stay "sucked" to the grates. Likewise, I took toilet paper to the other bathroom and did the same. The toilet paper did stick due to suction. I communicated this to the front desk. Several hours later, they sent a repair person to the room to evaluate the fan in the bathroom. He concluded that it was indeed broken and not ventilating properly. By this time, we discovered another problem in that one of the TV's would not work. The repairman looked at the wires to ensure that everything was connected correctly and that the input was set correctly on the TV.

Front desk was friendly

• Double Room - Smoking

Poor customer service, it was a older hotel the rooms were not up to par, none of the phones worked in the rooms.

I liked that it was close by everything such as stores, restaurants,gas stations.

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

The pool area can be very noisy and hot since it is indoors. When the property is busy as it was during our stay, it can feel too crowded and chaotic.

This hotel is our go-to Williamsburg property. The suites are well appointed, and the beds super comfortable. The atrium-style lobby provides a great place for guests to relax and socialize, as it features a bar area with plenty of tables and casual sofa-style seating, as well as a full, hot breakfast in the mornings (including a build your own omelet station).

• 2 Room Suite

As I was watching one of the youngster in our party swim, an elderly woman and her friends came in to swim. She required the lift chair to be operational because one one her legs was amputated. I requested assistance from front desk; after 5-10 minutes went back and asked again. About 10 minutes later somebody from maintenance came to say the lift wasn't working. He was nice, as was all staff, but the machine should have been fixed or marked out of order.

Nice staff; good location and spacious rooms. It's a great facility!

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Charged incorrectly, still not resolved due to the holiday and the employee I need to speak with not working. I am hoping it will be resolved tomorrow. It was very warm out, and perhaps it is difficult to cool the 5 story open atrium, but elevators and common breakfast/bar area were very warm.

Suite was big enough for our family, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great, standard hot buffet each day, but also can request made to order omelette, eggs, chocolate chip pancakes, etc. complimentary snacks and drinks each evening is nice. Close to Colonial Williamsburg, outlet mall. Quiet location.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room was supposed to have been ready at 3:00. Room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:15 pm. Was told I'd be in room 511.... Returned a couple hours later after exploring the Colonial Williamsburg visitors center and grabbing an early dinner. We were given a different room than we were initially promised. Toilet was wobbly and leaking water on floor from under the toilet. Maintenance came up and was only going to caulk it, but my husband, being a handyman himself --could tell it needed a new bolt and wax ring... Only one room left and it was a smoking room. No type of apology, upgrade or other consideration (other than offering us free internet...)was made... not even an apology for the toilet water on the bathroom floor. Mini fridge was in desperate need of defrosting. Ice accumulation an inch thick or more!

The facilities appeared quite nice.

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Hard to get anyone to answer front desk phone. Tried to order dinner at 830 no one answered until 930 and by that time everything I wanted was not available. The person who finally answered the phone rudely told me that the kitchen was closing

530 drink special and breakfast buffet

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Set in the lobby 1 hr & 1/2 after check-in time because they were having key problems. I was unable to get a key for the room. If I had known this was going to be a problem for the 2 nights I stayed when I first arrived I would have check on a room someplace else. The staff led us to believe the problem would be fixed shortly. Later I found out this was the second day they had the problem. So every time we wanted to get into our room we had to tell the front desk. They would call someone to open room but after waiting longer than I thought I should have, I usually found someone from the cleaning staff to open the room. This was very inconvenient. One time I found 2 people from the management staff standing in the hallway and asked for our room to be opened. It was like it wasn't a big deal. I ask for compensation for my inconvenience which I did NOT receive. Per the choice members staying at the hotel, they were reimbursed ALL COST. I guess it's OK for non-members to pay for something they did not get. NO pool, NO Fitness room, NO Business Center. YOU NEED A KEY TO GET IN

The cleaning staff was nice, outside are clean and nice. Rooms where clean. Front desk staff was nice.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

They charged 2 of our credit cards tiring up $450 over 5 days including a weekend. Room was too small for 2 adults and 4 kids we needed a 2 room sukte for sure. There were busses of spring break kids there so when we went to breakfast slot of food was gone and although the staff was accommodating we had to wait 20 min. Sometimes to get food and when your on a time crunch and did t anticipate breakfast delays very frustrating. Not too mention that many kids eating and swimming way too overwhelming for our family to enjoy our vacation. Also when we talked about switching to a bigger room...they said it was too much as we were booked through a company and we probably overpaid.

The lady that made omelettes was great...

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Our room was a non-smoking room, but the entire hallway we were on was NOT non-smoking. When I initially looked for our room, I walked past it a few doors down, and the entire hall smelled like smoke. I got really concerned that our non-smoking room was going to smell strongly of smoke. Fortunately, that was NOT the case, but if you are super allergic/sensitive, you might want to request a non-smoking room on a non-smoking HALL, to prevent that issue.

The bathroom was super stylish. There was a full length mirror--very helpful! Mini-fridge, microwave, and another tv in the sitting area were all very convenient. Stylish lobby. This hotel is also super close to mini-golf, dairy queen, K mart, and a few restaurants. Continental breakfast had way more options than I expected, and was delicious. Heated pool was SUPER warm and relaxing. There's even a wheelchair lift in the pool. We didn't use it, but I'm sure there are some guests who would really appreciate that.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

I got a charge on my credit card that I didn't make,call hotel and no one to tell me what the charge was for. Still waiting for answer or for it to come off my credit card

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Wow, what a nice place, this is where we will be staying for now on. Rooms are great and breakfast is worth the stay by it self. Very friendly people. Great job.

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Room was not ready at check in time.

The room was so comfortable. Nice to have the extra living room space and the bed was super comfy. It was also not a noisy hotel. Very quiet for a family environment.

• 2 Room Suite

The time i wasted at quality inn. I will always stay at embassy suites

The whole staff was pleasant very knowledgeable about the area they worked. Excellent Customer service

• 2 Room Suite

Time at which our room was ready Some of the breakfast staff were grumpy

We had 2 children with us (one aged 2) and we couldn't get into our room until 8:00 pm. Nowhere near what we expected from Embassy Suites. The staff was great and understanding and they refunded one of the rooms - my son had booked directly. They said they could not refund our room as we had booked with you

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

It wa Christmas and staff appeared under resourced. Long queues at the bar, maybe this was deliberate to limit the amount of free drinks distributed during the managers reception. I was disappointed to be drinking and eating off plastic in this class of hotel.

The staff were all extremely friendly welcoming and helpful. The managers reception was a bonus with free drinks and nibbles.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Absolutely nothing! Only place I want to stay when I visit Williamsburg again.

Comfy bed, large bathroom with long vanity to place toiletries. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

This was the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. My reservation was from Thursday-Sunday for 3 nights. On Friday I had to take a quick trip to pick up my wife for the rest of our weekend vacation. At that time, the hotel decided to give my room to another person. I came back to the hotel, my room key worked, and I walked in to my room with other people in it. The hotel then told me they had no more rooms. They then found a room but it was 2 double beds instead of a king sized bed. This was a horrible experience.

Facility was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

My fiancé and I stayed at the embassy for a night for his bday and we absolutely loved it. Everything was perfect the staff were very nice and professional... The complimentary bar was a win!!! The facility was very clean and up to date and most of all the breakfast was awesome and also free....we will definitely be visiting again

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

our room was over the swimming pool and we kept hearing the sounds and noise from those at the pool.

The food was great and the bed was most comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• 2 Room Suite

When we checked in a little after 4pm we had no towels didn't get any until after 8pm after calling several times. Tried to order room service ended up having to bring it up to the room ourselves. They kitchen didn't have things available that were on the menu but didn't mention this until after the order was put in.

The hotel was nice, I wish it would have actually had spa in the pool area. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

In the initial room it was not ready at check in, at 5 PM the assigned us a room, air conditioning fair, no linens, fridge broken, phone broken

The repair man was very nice and helpful and finally got our room moved at 10 PM. The breakfast bar very nice

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• 2 Room Suite

The property lacks proper room service and the front desk staff was not helpful in directing us to the local sites.

We liked that there was an afternoon snack for all ages to enjoy, as well as, adult beverages after a long day of touring.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The indoor pool was noisy in my room, but the pool closed by 10PM so the noise wasn't a problem when it came time to sleep either night.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The made to order omelette was very good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Accommodations were not great, rooms and hallways were incredibly hot and humid, night staff was rude and inconsiderate. Staff did not tell us the hotels ammenities such as happy hour & free breakfast and hours. Rooms and ac units needed an update.

Location was great. Close to restaurants, shopping and Busch gardens/ water country, breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The Wi-Fi in the room was slightly lacking in strength and definitely would have liked the pool to either open slightly earlier or stay open slightly later.

Breakfast was very good, even with heavy traffic the staff was very accommodating and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

1. Front Desk staff seemed inefficient and unknowledgable. Lacking genuine customer service skills. 2. Hotel was not clean, hallways, elevators and stairwells were dirty, Housekeeping staff seemed overworked and overwhelmed. 3. Room was on the pool and noise level in bedroom was loud until pool area shut down.

1. Good Location for all of the activities for the area. 2. Breakfast was very good 3. gentleman that worked in breakfast area very helpful about the area and things to see. Believe his name to be Lester.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• 2 Room Suite

The hotel stay was horrible and I would not recommend it to anyone and I would never stay there again

The breakfast was the only good thing about this hotel

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• 2 Room Suite

Can´t do anything without a car. Breakfast room too crowded - too much waiting. I was first charged too much but it was corrected afterwards.

Easy to come by car and park it. Nice complimentary drink and snack serving.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• 2 Room Suite

The room was dirty, we were switched to two different rooms because of AC not working properly and room was dirty, third room ok. Maid service terrible didn't come to clean room till late in afternoon, had to repeatedly request towels and toilet paper. Main hallways also dirty,

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Very bad internet service. was not as nice as pictures showed. One room smelled like cigarette smoke. For the money we paid I expected it to be much nicer.

Breakfast was very good. We had 3 rooms. In one, the air did not work good.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

A large gathering of sports teenagers were on site at the same time. Love kids, these were unsupervised, rowdy, dominated the pool which was messy and cloudy upon their departure, slamming doors late at night, loud voices in hallway. Staff seemed intimidated by juveniles. We were unable to make use of hotel's amenities and were disappointed with our stay.

Room was clean and staff were very professional.

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

My room was above pool---too noisy

Staff was very nice. Greeted you. Spoke with you.

No jacuzzi

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

The interior of the suite would have benefitted from better lighting.

The staff was exceptional!

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

The evening reception and breakfast was a bonus. The bed in the room was like sleeping in my bed at home.

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Hallway carpets were worn (or else the pattern looked like it). I recommend they replace them.

The breakfast cook was so friendly!

Everything was great

Amazing

• 2 Room Suite

the room had cracking wall paper and plaster.there were scuffs on the walls and door jam

staff was very friendly.room was clean

Breakfast was fantastic

No complaints.

No dislikes

Quiet area

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Close to everything and very comfortable stay.

Pool area was too cold

Happy hour (5-7:30) drinks on the hotel and the breakfast is phenomenal!

• King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Liked the room set up. Front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was great and the selection was awesome.

Everything was great.

The breakfast and hotel staff

Everything was great.

Room smelled bad

Looked nice

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

The omelette was delicious!

Price one night over 200

Location and food great

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

n/a

Beds were very comfy.

• 2 Room Suite

There wasn't any air in the elevators and the hallways. The bath tube was dirty with rings around it.

The breakfast and snacks.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bathroom fan didn't work, which made showering uncomfortable at times.

It was in a well location

Love the staff!!

all was good

staff was very friendly and helpfull

Loved it!

Comfort and suite as described with closed door. Many suites don't have a closed door.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

The bed was so comfy! Staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome! I will not statvabywhetr else now! It is worth the price!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The breakfast was tasty!!! Better than any hotel I've stayed at

• 2 Room Suite

My room wasn't clean properly.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Ran out of towels

Breakfast and evening reception were great!

Great location good breakfast