Reviews of Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone 3 stars

200 Stoneridge Drive, Columbia, SC 29210, USA

#33 of 80 hotels in Columbia

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

How the pool was down, wouldn't have known, until I asked. Facility is very outdated, it's not the same. For the price you pay. It's not worth it to me.

The staff was very polite. Especially the desk clerk,and the bar tender.

• King Suite with Patio - Smoking

I had to pay extra for patio room. That u can't go out the door from ur room. Like really no gud room had bad smell. Mildew in the bathroom for wat I had to pay for the room wasn't worth it. Due to the price an how my room was I will not stay there again .

Breakfast was great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room had real bad odor ,mildew in bathroom I requested patio room had to pay extra for that an we cudnt even go out there door cudnt open to go out there smh😡 that's not a good thing. I should have got charged less consider I cudnt use the patio

The breakfast was great.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The one night stay was relaxing. All of the staff greeted my husband & I with smiles & pleasantries. My favorite part of the stay was Sunday morning breakfast—Ms Janet — the food service supervisor was greeting each guest seeing if everything was okay and if they needed anything. She & I had a brief conversation & I mentioned to her that I remembered her from our last visit. Still smiling & making all the guests feel special. Awesome & kudos to Ms Janet!!! Can’t wait for our next visit to Embassy Suites Greystone!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We asked for a crib when we checked in. They said it wouldn’t be a problem. They didn’t bring it. We stopped by the front desk on our way to dinner and asked again. They didn’t bring it. The phones in the room didn’t work to call the desk so we walked back down and had to wait until 10 pm to get the crib. No apologies. TV in the room did not work but because neither phone in the room called the front desk we didn’t even bother with it.

• King Suite with Patio - Smoking

The first room I was assigned to wasn’t even clean. The second room was clean but the shower was slow to drain. The pool was not at all what the pictures made it look like.

The contentinal breakfast and evening drinks were really good. The location was perfect for what I was in town for.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the elevators was not working, which caused the wait to get From floor to floor lengthy. I stayed on the 7th floor. The room had cracks in the ceiling and paint was bubbling up! The TV picture quality was not great!

The rooms were spacious. The staff was nice and helpful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was overpriced. Very dated, perhaps it would have been a great room back in the 1980's. The shower was old & worn out. The rooms are in desperate need of renovation. The tv in the room didnt work at all, the coffee maker was unusable. I am accustomed to much better from Embassy suites. This room was a major disappointment.

Happy hour was good, as was breakfast. The staff was very friendly. The location was very convenient, also the shuttle service was outstanding. The lobby was very nice, beautiful layout.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Room was not ready when I was ready to check in. Reserved a king size but was offered a room with two beds. Which I refused

Bed was extremely comfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty when we went. There were old pool towels lying around and no new pool towels available. I went to the front desk to let them know and they gave us towels to use.

The bed was comfortable and I like the extra living space so we had room to spread out. The breakfast was also the best I've had in any hotels we've stayed at. There were also plenty of tables to sit at during the busy breakfast rush. The room also did have a small fridge and microwave and an extra sink in the bedroom which were all great.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The hot tub is not longer there, the pool is small and FREEZING (not heated), rusted areas in the room, dirty corners and ceilings, dirty couch, blanket for the pull out was put away wet and still wet when taken out by occupant

The breakfast and the managers social

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Took us almost 2 1/2 hours to get extra pillows and we had to call three times. Breakfast scrambled eggs were soupy, and I saw a lot of messy stuff that wasn’t cleaned up in our room and breakfast area.

Staff was friendly and very accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The "egg" grill need to be updated. They need separate, NON-STICK pans for separate orders like at the Embassy Suites, Tampa Brandon. This place was slow, inconvenient and the eggs stuck to the grill and were dry.

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

The room was not clean and was actually kinda gross. There were random stains all over the place from the couch to the curtains, even the pillow case. There was toothpaste all over the bathroom wall and we only had a half roll of toilet paper when we got there and had to go ask for more.

The staff was super friendly.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I did not like the heater at my room and the bathroom floor it’s getting old and dirty.

Travis from New Jersey at the front desk check in service was very kind with me. Tnx

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Check in was at 4:00 pm but wasn’t ready! I wasn’t offered bottled water like the rest of the people in line. Second time I stayed on a room with no heat

• King Suite Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was excellent. The woman who made the omelettes did an excellent job. The breakfast allowed many choices. The wait staff for breakfast was very accommodating.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Pool was closed and the floor in the kitchen area was sticky. I thought it was my shoes until I took off my shoes. Also the blanket for the hide away bed was kind of crusty. Most of the tv stations were not coming in well. For nearly $200, I really expected better

The food was good and the beds comfy.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The room was clean. The stay was comfortable but the ONLY reason we booked this hotel was that it offered an indoor pool. We check in and after we are told the pool is out of order and they would be willing to comp us a movie. I have 3 kids. They are 10,8 and 5. We only stay at hotels with pools because they need to release energy. If we had been informed of this before the stay. We would have found another hotel.

It’s clean. The rooms are spacious. The food was yummy.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The floors were very sticky.

The room was very comfortable and clean. I like the location of the bathroom. The reception was amazing! Breakfast was great!

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Bad carpet. Bad HVAC. Unattractive building- should be demolished. Low railings on high interior balcony hallways - scary and dangeeous

Reasonably clean and decent staff

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty tray was at my door when I checked in, I called front desk and they said they would take care of it after 30 minutes it was still there. I went down and spoke with the MOD and she said she would take care of it herself. After another 30 minutes it still was not taken care of. Finally I contacted someone I believe in the restaurant and he came up immediately and took care of it.

• King Suite Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

Parking for the paying guests with reservations. There was an event and outsiders occupied the parking

Wonderful Room and the complimentary breakfast was the best.

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

I initially had to change rooms because my first room wasn't cleaned to my specifications, but it was a smooth transition. New room was awesome, and the hospitality made up for the inconvenience.

The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast CANNOT be beat! The daily dinner reception is a good break from the norm, and the King corner suite is worth the extra money!

• King Suite with Patio - Smoking

I didn’t like how long it took to get breakfast always I had a maid to enter my room after one knock and I was walking to the door to answer it

Everything was pretty great nice bed and nice room set up

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The delay in getting extra towels to the room. The material used in constructing the bathtub which made it hard to look clean.

The ease in getting to my destinations. Also the food and restaurant staff.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The tub filled with water during my shower and I couldn't figure out how to keep the drain open without using my toe. And the toilet tissue was hidden in a drawer. Could not figure why no one could decide where to place a dispenser on a wall?!

Like being at home comfy air flow, beds comfortable, two TV's! Just wish I could have stayed longer. Hurricane Irma was approaching and 4 or 5 buses of evacuees were piling in. Nevertheless, the staff was very polite and efficient. We were particularly impressed with the way seniors from assisted living places in Hilton Head were comforted and cared for, especially at breakfast. My hat 🎩 is off to the staff there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel needs to be updated. Everything is old and very out of date. Glass ceiling in lobby pours in water, individual rooms need new carpet and updated bathrooms. Roaches in the pool area. Not what you would expect from an embassy suites/Hilton property.

Good breakfast and staff. Good gym.

• King Suite with Patio - Smoking

I booked a king suite with a patio. I did not receive a patio and was told by the front desk they do not offer patios.

Room was clean, quiet, and hotel was very nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I think the shuttle service should be a little further than 3 miles more like 7 miles

Everyone was so helpful with an urgency to serve. I was pleasantly surprised to receive guidance from the maintenance specialist as I was trying to figure be the business center as well as a place to purchase a pack of gum. I will stay again

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

When we got o the room it looked like someone in the room next to us had put their dirty dishes right in front of my room, but staff quickly came and got it right up before i even said anything.

Overall every thing. Check in was easy and quick. All staff was nice and could answer any and all questions.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Cleanliness in the rooms and the pool area could be improved.

Our family drove from NY to visit USC.The hotel was beautuful and the breakfast was amazing! The evening reception was wonderful as well.The staff was so friendly especially Len. He went above and beyond to help us with things we needed. Kevin was also very helpful to us. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

A/C didn't work properly. I moved rooms twice. Room was dusty...walls, A/C vents, ceiling, etc. Build up around the front of tub. Needs to clean the sink, under the rim. Nasty. Phones in room did not work...had to use my cell phone to contact front desk. I was contacted on the 4th to say that I was checked out of the hotel because that's when I was supposed to check out. I was told by a staff member at Embassy that I would need to pay for an additional day. I had to contact Booking.com to sort out the mess. I was told at check in that breakfast on the 4th would follow holiday hours...it didn't. Too much money for such an unpleasant stay.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

We had problems from 10 PM till three in the morning with a room two doors down that continue to party scream and holler and have loud music the staff and security guards kept coming and did nothing to resolve it it was terrible and no one the next morning did anything about it I was told a manager would do something about it and no one corrected the price I do not feel we were treated properly and should've had to pay for a room with all the problems we had

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

I brought my mom from out of town to a concert and the shuttle took us, but they called a cab company to get us that time of night...very uncomfortable after a nice show trying to return to a lovely hotel....when guests are coming in for EVENTS they should make sure that they arrive back safely if at a reasonable time...at least midnight.....my friend got bite by something in the van....so embarrassing when trying to plan a perfect trip

I loved reception happy hour and hot breakfast with omelet station

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Kitchen Understaffed, we had to wait over half hour for cook to order and over 20 for hot bar, u need more staff when expecting more guess. I have never had to wait that long at any other Embassy suite, we have family there in Columbia but will probably not stay here again because breakfast not worth the wait or hassle.

Very nice facilities

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing! The housekeeper jumped in my face and was very rude. Their was flies flying around the breakfast buffet. There was mold inside of our bathroom. They didn't clean our room till I made a big deal about it not being cleaned. Very disappointing!

Lydia at the front desk was very friendly during my check in and willing to help me.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that I disliked.

It was a nice clean and safe location. It had free parking which I like. A lovely breakfast. The staff was very nice. Everything in the room worked.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that house keeping tried to enter my room without permission. Luckily I hand the dead bolt across or she would have entered. It wasn't close to check out so I didn't understand her purpose if wanting to enter my room. I was very displeased afterwards.

The comfort of the bed & the shower with multiple massage choices.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Confusion about my check out time. I confirmed a late check out time upon arrival due to being a Hilton Honors member. However it was not documented and I was almost charged for another day. However the manager who was familiar with us corrected the issue.

The staff was willing to facilitate me with a room in the more quiet area of the property due to my brain injury

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

My wife and kids said the pool was a little too cold and the water was cloudy, but they still were in there for a little bit...

Drove 13+ hours overnight to get there on our way to Florida; slept like a rock for a nap in the afternoon, the afternoon happy hour was great (free beer is always a win) and the breakfast was phenomenal as well! Location wise, it was near the expressway, so pretty easy to get to / from as well.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

On this trip the room was not cleaned well when we arrived. There were black curly hairs all in the comforter. I found property left by other people in the closet. We stayed for three nights. The second day our room was never cleaned. The third day some towels were left on the chair by the door and the sheets were thrown up so that the bed looked made. The pool was over run by children with no supervision. We tried to get in the hot tub, but were run off quickly by a dozen children (one with a water gun shooting people in the face myself included.) We ordered pizzas one night and the bread was undercooked. Overall we were very disappointed, especially since this used to be one of our favorite places to stay.

We have stayed here a number of times and usually the location, pool, size of rooms, and breakfast are our favorites.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows are made of newspapers. There were holes in our bathroom walls stuffed with toilet paper. The pull out bed mattress was beyond terrible. My kids slept very little at all. They said they slept on hard rails. The room had a funky smell as well. We were there for a volleyball tournament and we have since cancelled all reservations and moved to another hotel for the rest of the season.

The breakfast and manager's reception was nice

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

It is always disappointing that the hot tub isn't ever hot at the Bush River Location. I am glad it actually turned on this time. Everything about the stay is wonderful though that's why we stay at the Embassy when we travel. The Embassy in Rock hill is amazing and the Supreme King was way better than here. The supreme king was the same size as the other rooms at the Embassy and offered a few prechosen snacks. The Embassy in Rock hill has a variety of choices.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

Pool was dirty, room smelled, food left in the refrigerator , hot tub was cold.

Staff was very friendly and they worked really hard! Drinks at the reception was nice and good snacks.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

While other guest were dining the noise level could be heard in our room even though we were on the 7th floor. Several guest were running the. Halls, slamming doors and making excessive noise.

The full breakfast was awesome. The staff's attention to our requests were great.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

The heat wasn't working so we had to keeping moving the space heater from room to room. We could hear children running down the halls and the hot tub was always full. :(

The omelette station & breakfast station was awesome! The spacious room was amazing.Beautiful hotel all together!!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only mirror in our room was in the bathroom. No fan in the bathroom.

The staff was awesome, the hospitality was over the moon! The best, from van drivers, bartenders,wait staff and housekeeping.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cart wouldn't roll without 2 of us pushing it & it was only 3 over night bags on it, bad backs. There was an extra $25 charge that was being assessed without my knowledge. I found out because the transaction wouldn't go through & the rep said " it's taking the amount for the room & taxes but not the whole thing". So I asked what do you mean. My total was $146.00 +\- & I put $150 in my account on my way there so of course it wouldn't take. That's when she told me about the fee. So she charged my card for the amount of the room & taxes & I paid the $25 in cash. The card charged was different from the one used to book & I told her that, and the card used to book was charged $5 & some change. I'm very unhappy with the whole ordeal. There were only 2 elevators & they had a horrible noise, it sounded like it was hungry that's how loud it was & our 1st room was on the 7th floor so I was scared to death. The 1st room was extremely dusty, my mom has chronic asthma & bronchitis. I could see the dust on the lamp or counter let alone when I took my finger to rub it. The bathroom was dirty. There were stains on the pull out couch. The room smelled. The air conditioner unit had a awful rumble that I wasn't listening to all night & it was cracked around the bent which was in the roof so I was comfortable with that. It looked like a bullet hole in the ceiling. All mirrors were dirty. I called downstairs & had to go down myself to be changed into a new room because all workers were busy, I saw 1 worker when I checked it. So that means back on the elevator. Went downstairs & was given another room on the 3rd floor. Smelled better but no cleaner. Still dusty, spider webs on corners of the room, the pull out & beds were uncomfortable. The sheets on the need were like paper & noisy. The remote in the living room was dead.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

Best breakfast I have EVER had at a hotel. The coffee was amazing. I would absolutely stay here again! We loved this hotel. And you can grab it, bring it to your room, and eat privately. Just leave the trays outside your door when you are done!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The decor was a bit dated, the bed was too firm as well as the couch and chairs in the suite.

The manager's reception was relaxing. The hot breakfast downstairs was one of the best we've had with lots of room for guests to sit and not feel one top of each other while waking up and dining.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The door to the room had a huge gap at the bottom between the floor and the door which let in a lot of noise. Tried to charge us a different price then what was quoted. They did resolve the problem, but if I wasn't paying attention we would have paid almost $100 more.

The breakfast was the best part of this stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

it is outdated, the silk plants have to go. The room was musty and the windows were dirty. The bathroom was outdated and had no vent. the air vents were dirty and not sure the AC was working at all.

location and the size of room bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

It took 3 times to raise the issue if the rooms temperature. It wasnt until the last night when it was cool enough to sleep. Then there was a water leak and the carpeting was soaked

Staff were friendly

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

The staff member checking us in was so rude, didn't answer questions directly. Made know effort to answer the questions that were asked about the shuttle service. And she over charged us for one night stay. When checking out we learned we were charged almost a 4 night stay. And the money still has not been completely returned to our cards. Very disappointed

The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Our room was hot when we checked in. It took a long time for it to cool off. Wish the breakfast was open later than 9 am.

The breakfast was really good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was in a quiet area.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The air flow in the room was a little off- outer suite cooked but w/bedroom door closed at night the bedroom got stuffy until we opened back up the door.

It was a great nights stay

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff wasn't informative and appeared to have attitudes didn't know how to navigate around the facility. Would be a really great pleasure to have a banquet though

I enjoyed the Happy Hour and Breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought I would have a suite but ended up with a double and this tainted my whole trip. I would have stayed somewhere else for the same coin if I had known.

It was fun to sit out back on the patio with a drink and the location was close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Premium Double Suite- Non-Smoking

bed to small, did'nt see any at this embassy but DO NOT like the fact that they allow DOGS to sleep in beds that i have to sleep in , a dog owner myself(simba,german shephard) that we love dearly but pay to be boarded when we are on vacation,plus all dog oweners are not as clean as others,how do you know a flea mutt from a well kept animal. when smoking was banned did people still come? just saying.my favorite place to stay and now where, all dogs are not like parris HILTONS, just saying...

comfort, breakfast,service

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

Loud. Lots of kids playing through out the lobby, restaurant, etc... Staff didn't say a word. They should have at least asked them to leave the restaurant area playing hid and seek. There were weddings and family reunions that night which we could hear in our rooms while trying to sleep [boom, boom, boom, boom]

Standard Hotel

Friends

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

It was so clean and everyone was so nice.

• King Suite with Patio - Smoking

Dust in the room. Water damage in room 100.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too many kids in pool. They did not have a Jacuzzi as shown on the website.

I love the friendly staff. The breakfast by Ray was awesome.

Everything was excellent.

Clean, quietness, elevators worked and overall just great.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Disappoint that the hot tub was gone

Breakfast very helpful staff. Afternoon free happyhpur

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

No spa tub in the pool area! It was bricked up!

Breakfast was good!staff was great!captains hour great!

Everything was good

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tub in my suite drained water slowly but other than that, Perfect.

Everything was Excellent.

• Non-Smoking King Corner Suite

Very nice stay. Room was perfect and exceeded our needs.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

No fan in the bathroom! It gets too hot, lol

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Everything service was awful. Pool was freezing, no jacuzzi as it says on website. Every issue was ignored by staff.

Location is about all