Reviews of Emerald Shores Hotel - Daytona Beach 2 stars

2613 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#47 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

Nice for the $
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Rooms need more attention before and during stay. Had to ask twice for basic toiletry.. but overall would stay again there.

Location. Friendly staff

Enjoyed and would stay again.
    • King Room with City View

No complaints! Nothing fancy but perfect for someone on a budget wanting convenience and beach!

The facility was very clean and the room was huge! Great location and right on the beach.

Location to all the attractions made it easy to get around.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Location to all the attractions made it easy to get around. The staff was extremely friendly and they kept the area clean. They were always around if you needed them.

Great place to stay

Maybe a better breakfast😊

The staff was very helpful also they could recommend places to go and if you need anything they got it for you the money you spend is worth it I would stay again and recommend it to friends and family

Great value
    • King Room with Ocean View

There wasn't a zip line from the balcony to the ocean. (Haha) everything was great

Oceanfront, an on site tiki bar and pool, great location, friendly staff, our king room had a full kitchen

Not perfect but alright
    • King Room with City View

First when we arrived the room that was given to us was dirty. And for the price the breakfast wasn't up to the price. They had only treats and cereal, milk , coffee and orange juice. Plus the only soda machine was empty.

I believe that the front desk lady's name was Hailey. She was exceptional she did everything to make sure I was happy in staying with them plus relocate us to a new room and made sure we was happy with the room. She made our stay more comfortable. She was in the night shift

Good Time

Room needs updating but it was clean and everything working perfectly. No food at Tiki Bar but a nearby restaurant delivers and it was delicious

Hotel is right in the beach, pool was clean and HEATED! staff was friendly and accommodating. Tiki Bar was nice. Everything was clean. Beds were comfortable. Water pressure was excellent!!!

Too Much Expense in today's world.
    • King Room with City View

For one night, it was too darn expensive. Was appalled to see that rooms are being rented today for $57 and up, when I was charged $156 just yesterday, and my son was overcharged on checkout yesterday too. We'll NEVER EVER go back there again.

It being right on the beach.

great
    • King Room with City View

I enjoyed staying at this property. clean, friendly, love the beach, and the employees were great. I also enjoyed the breakfast. thanks bob

Tolerable
    • King Room with City View

Handicap bathroom was not well equipped it had a step in tub,my husband has a hard time lifting his feet and maintaining balance also there was no non skid

Not what we expected.
    • King Room with City View

Not what I was expecting for the price we paid Very musty smell in the room. Sofa bed teared and dirty. Matress not the one youd like for a pleasant sleep. Trash shoot right next to the room awakening us all night. People smoking in pool area leaving their cigarettes by the the hot tub.

Clost to beach.

Absolutely incredible!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Would have liked complementary bottles of water.

It was better than I expected! Waking up to the sound of the ocean waves was so relaxing! Will stay here again!!!

Stay was really good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Stay was really good. We enjoyed our weekend. Beach was beautiful. The room had a couple of Flaws but nothing to complain about. Tiki bar was so nice it rained one of the days there but we were able to sit under it and still enjoy our stay.

Great place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The lady at the front desk was extremely nice. She worked the 3-10 shift. She even gave suggestions on places to go. The location was great. It was a great value for the price. Would definitely stay again. I had no issues with bugs or anything like some of the previous comments had said. I would recommend it to anyone looking at this property!

Me and my family loved it here! We will be back! Big shout out to Lena and Marc who work there!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

There was nothing i didnt like!

My room was very spacios, and view of ocean was amazing! The employees are very friendly! Stores are close by for shopping!

I like the location, pool and the beach.
    • Queen Room with City View

The continental breakfast was a little to be desired. It mostly consisted of pre-packaged swiss cake rolls, pop tarts, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, bagels, and a small selection of cereal; an orange juice beverage, milk and coffee. It would have been nice to have at least one day where they changed our sheets during the week. We requested our room to be cleaned every day, and they did not change our sheets at all. We seemed to always be out of pool towels, so it would be nice to have a bigger supply.

I like the location, pool and the beach. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. When we arrived, our room smelled like mildew and it was making us feel sick. We reported this to staff, and they gave us air freshener to help at first, it did not help, so we went back to the desk. The staff member was quick to resolve the issue by moving us to another room. We were also given an extra comforter when requested. Thank you!

Location was good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Don’t stay here. Key in door did not work, we found used hair products in the shower. Complained and nothing eSs done. Had problems with other guests kids diving in the pool complained and nothing was done. Room smelled coffee pot did not work. Not worth the money they charge.

Location was good

good location nice motel

maid service

everything was great but the maid service was not good did not replenish the toilet paper soaps shampoos, cups had to go to front desk and ask for them

We have been coming here for 6 years but will not retun. Not a good value.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Chairs in room broken. Bed hard and old. Air conditioning unit is falling apart. Curtains falling down. Refrigerator nasty. No umbrellas at patio tables, when I asked for one was told they had to be ordered and they weren't planning on doing that. The hot tub was so nasty I would never get in. The pool had mounds of sand, sticks, leaves and dozens of dead bugs in it. When I complained they had the pool service come and clean it. The few pool chairs they have are cheap Walmart $2.95 type. They used to have a nice pool area. The front desk manager became irritated when we pulled the nicer Adirondack chairs from the unused fire pit to the pool deck. I also used my personal beach umbrella, which she didn't care for. The breakfast was pop tarts and cereal. Customer service is not a priority.

Location is the only positive aspect of this property.

Hotel is on beach and staff is nice.
    • Queen Room with City View

The breakfast was mostly 3 kinds of cereal. The hotel, room, and beds are in need of updating. Fridge in the room was dented. Loud guests woke us up 2 different nights.

The hotel is on the beach and the beach is lovely. The staff was very nice.

Just okay
    • King Room with City View

The room and bathroom were big. The shower head was old and did not give a good amount of water. There wasn’t a closet and I had to request an ironing board and iron.

The view was not of the ocean but being on the 9th floor we had a good view of the river.

Large room with nice balcony on the fifth floor.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Not the hotels fault but it rained from the day we got there to the day we left. 5 days steady!

Large room with nice balcony on the fifth floor. We've stayed here many times over the years because of the value and location. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub are great. Parking is easy.

We stay here every time we come to Daytona.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

This trip had a few disappointments. Bed was full of sand but supposedly the cleaning lady JUST let. Air didn’t work properly.

We stay here every time we come to Daytona. It’s like a home away from home

the hotel is worn but the beach view is great you get what you pay for
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

the bed skirts were torn, the appliances are old and beat up... the bathroom sink faucet is worn and stained, the table in the room wobbled whenever we put food on it.... the room smelled musty no matter how low we set the air....the microwave was burned and looked partially melted on the inside...there was a group of children who were running and jumping in the pool on top of the other people not cool at all....and we could smell the cigarette smoke from the room below us... the "breakfast" consisted of HoHo's and pop tarts.. i asked for tea and was told the tea bags were all wet.....

near supermarkets for easy snack shopping, the staff was friendly, beach was wonderful, the atmosphere was nice very family friendly, plenty of parking, plenty of seating around the pool,

My fiancé and I really enjoyed the staff lady who was there...
    • King Room with Ocean View

Towels were hard! This was bad because of the sun burn I received and trying to dry off with them hurt. Tiki bar needs to get some menus of drinks they serve.

My fiancé and I really enjoyed the staff lady who was there for our whole stay! She was nice and knew the area real well. She will tell you of great places to go and eat. This hotel is in a good location. Beach was really cool. Cow Licks Icecream right across the street was a great place to go to eat! Overall it was a nice hotel!

Beachfront value
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Breakfast could be a little better. They got rid of real orang juice and instead now serve sugary orange punch. And real cream or milk for the coffee would also be nice. They have never served real cream cheese for the bagels either.

Location is great. Staff is awesome.

Great location right on the beach.
    • Queen Room with City View

The hotel is old & you can smell it every time you walk into your room door. They should paint the walls. I also had several issues with my keys not working to open the door.

Great location right on the beach.

FABULOUS
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The hotel is very nice and you walk out of the lobby and there is a swimming pool and hot tub and it's own tiki bar with private beach entrance. Fire pits also

This is a wonderful mid-range hotel if you want to be on the ocean.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The continental breakfast needs to be expanded a little more. Not much of a selection, but enough for a breakfast on the go.

This is a wonderful property on the beach that had everything we needed for our Florida vacation. Bed is comfortable, room is clean, and staff was very friendly and helpful!

Not worth it, find another hotel!
    • King Room with City View

The room was very outdated, couch ripped, a/c didn't work well. Pool wasn't kept up, looked very dirty. Breakfast offered in the morning was cereal and poptarts.

It was on the beach.

The only reason I did stay was because other hotels were sold out.
    • Queen Room with City View

The lobby & elevator had an odor. The non-smoking room smelled of smoke. We were relocated to the only other available room which was handicap accessible with uncomfortable beds.

The location was directly on beach. Pool was clean & Tiki Bar cute.

I loved that the hotel was right on the beach.
    • King Room with City View

The hotel can definitely use some upgrades inside ,especially the rooms( the bed). Things were outdated but very clean.

I loved that the hotel was right on the beach. Rooms with a balcony have a beautiful view. It's a decent hotel if you're on a budget you get what you pay for.

Ick!
    • King Room with City View

The smell in the room, sticky carpet, dark tacky hallways, air conditioner hadn't been cleaned in a long time.

Nothing. Hotel was a smelly, cheap hole.

Fantastic vacation

There wasn't a single thing that I did not like about the Emerald Shores

I like the property than most because it wasn't right in the center of downtown boardwalks and everything it was more quiet

Friendly staff
    • Queen Room with City View

It was nosy when people walked by the room. You can hear their conversation and from our room you could hear the elevator.

I like that the hotel was near the water. The hotel was out dated but clean. Awesome staff! Especially the Manager. We felt welcomed. We would stay again.

Loved the corner balcony room we had.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

How our key for our room wouldn’t work i we had to ask to be let in to our room EACH TIME. That is ver agervating Especially with having two kids and have a two week each time for somebody to come let us in. Especially with having two kids and having to wait each time for somebody to come let us in The night shift girl I believe her name is Stacy was VERY rude and said the key problem was my fault for keeping it near something in my purse but yet I never once had it in my purse,come to find out the whole doorlock had to be changed out . I left multiple messages for the manager to call me never once did he call.

Loved the corner balcony room we had. The view was Gorgeous.

Somehow my review got a 3.3 rating..wouldn't even rate this place a 1. Would never go back!
    • Queen Room with City View

bathroom was filthy, faucet handle was broken in half and placed back on the faucet as if it weren't broken. only had two towels in bathroom with no amenities such as shampoo and conditioner, sheets were worn through, chair had no bottom with the pad on top. had no idea you could fall through when you sat on it. Maintenance took chair away and never replaced it. Sheets were worn through.

The view was ok, however hotel needs renovation. Not worth the price.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The sheets were old and the bed was hard. Carpet was dirty. The room smelled musty, curtains were dirty and the customer service was very poor. They did not clean the room and no greeting when you walk in at the front

The view of the ocean

It was ok.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

I did not like that on the weekends the pool/hot tub closes at 11pm. I also,did not like that every single time me and my family.(husband and our three children ages 7,12,and 13 year old. We never got to use the hot tub and that was very disappointing. Not onky to me but especially my children. There were never any towels. Towels to use at pool. I specially called to ask a few questions one of which was do y'all provide pool/hot tub towels? I was asking that question so I could figure out our packing. We are limited on space and I didn't want to pack anything that we weren't going to need for the entire week. 6 nights/7 days. We also didnt have enough towels in our room. Also,paying so much money for a room the least y'all could do was serve a better breakfast. We paid a lot of money. And when you have three children I was trying to save as much money on our vacation as we could.

I loved that we had a ocean front room. Beautiful!

All in all I enjoyed the location, but next time I would stay somewhere else
    • Queen Room with City View

I didn’t like that they were out of coffee for the rooms, we had a few bugs on the floor, there isn’t a lot of artificial lighting, so we had to open the window a lot, which wasn’t ideal because we were right above the main enterance. The beds were also very stiff.

I liked the location of the hotel, and the guests that were staying were all very friendly.

Loved the view
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

First night our airconditioner quit working the guy was there mid afternoon the next day to put a new one in but the room was 80 even with our balcony door open . They never cleaned our room the first 2 days even with the service sign hanging. Omg and the smoke smell coming from one of the rooms we where afraid our grandkids was going to get a contacted buzz we reported it she said she had received many complaints but really nothing the could do And breakfast was a joke

The view was great overlooking the ocean

I would definitely stay there again!!!! And my family really liked it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Check in was a little tricky. The rooms were not ready. The day desk associate was very rude to those that were waiting. Then the night lady came in and took right over. Her name was Kim and she was very accommodating. The best associate was Reese. You could tell, he was trying to make things happen. His goal was to make everyone happy! All businesses need people like him. This was my second trip. Very pleased!!!

Overall I enjoyed my stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The maintenance man was rude, and seemed like he watched us like a hawk, like we were some sort of delinquents or something

more towels available were needed, we had to wait for the housekeepers to wash towels everyday

All in all - we enjoyed our stay there.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Needs a bit of TLC. Shower above us leaked into our tub one of the days we were there. Tiki bar closes at 5 pm :(. Evening time hours - at least until 7 would be better for vacationers. Hotel breakfast left a WHOLE lot to be desired.

Staff was friendly. View from our balcony was amazing. We had an issue with the ac in our room the first night but they got it corrected and it was great the rest of our stay.

The view was awesome and the beds sleep well .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

When we got to the room I had to go out and buy air freshener because the room smelled so musty. Our room was on the second floor over the pool area and at night there was so much noise from guest in the pool and doors slamming until after midnight that we could not sleep. And if that is not enough we were there for 5 nights and we had washcloths 2 of those nights. We were told when we went to the front desk that they were in the wash or they would just tell us they didn't have any right now , they gave us hand towels to wash with try giving a 9 and 11 year old a hand towel to wash with , and the front was always so busy with only one attendant working you could never get anyone to help you I can't tell you how many times I just said forget and went back to my room without what I went there for. I will not ever return to this motel and I will not recommend it to anyone else.

The view was awesome and the beds sleep well .

The hot tub and pool location
    • Queen Room with City View

No warm breakfast, no coffee pots in room, no microwaves in room or in common area to use. No iron to use. Only ice on 1st floor. Shower water smelled terrible. Tiki bar had no set hours. And staff was very nice but not knowledgeable of hotel amenities or location of items needed in room.

The hot tub and pool location

Awful.
    • King Room with City View

Horrible!!! A room between 2 elevators...clientele of hotel was trashy. Rooms were trashy. Worse than a highway Days Inn! "City view room" view of a wall. Literally. Out a tiny 1 foot window.

the owners should put money into the hotel instead of there pockets. they clearly are making money w
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

i didnt like the room, the place was waaaaay under staffed, the place smelled and was dirty. the price is no where near worth it. never again unless i see pics of the place being remodeled.

i liked being on the beach

Love the balcony view and location! Not the cleanest but good value for the price!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The Room felt very dated. Could use a nice makeover throughout the entire hotel. Also could have used a small table on the balcony!

I liked the location in relation to downtown and the beach. Very convienant.

The ocean views and beach area make up for the lack of amenities
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Room is old and dated. Facility is old. Looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1980. Continental breakfast is very basic and eating area is tiny. Bath towels are poor quality and size.

Pool area, tiki bar and beach were very nice. Ocean view balcony is beautiful

Beds were comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Elevator smelled like puke... our room towel selection got smaller every cleaning.. Front desk people could care less if we were present...

Beds were comfortable.. room was larger than expected...

Great location and great amenities
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

The hotel is a bit dated. So not fresh and shiny but a nice place. The mattresses were a bit uncomfortable to me because I think they were pretty old. We could feel the springs a little too much.

The location was great and our room was large and clean.The pool and hot tub were great and well maintained. There was a tiki bar out by the pool that played music and a game room with vending machines next to the pool area. I felt very safe here with my daughter's and the staff were all very nice and courteous.

Stay away
    • Queen Room with City View

Staff was rude n very unaccommodating. Room was never fully cleaned prior or during stay. Towels swapped out n items stolen, tried charging extra when we asked about our room n location not right. Told another customer that her penthouse room was correct when she ended up with a regular room. Shady folks running the joint. Pool towels never available, bathroom washcloths either. Breakfast removed prior to 9a or even why guests were trying to get food. No creamer

Closeness to the ocean

Get better front desk employees who want to keep your guests happy.
    • King Room with City View

The staff was not friendly. We traveled all day and they refused to let me check in one minute before 3:00. I was so exhausted, I laid on their couch in the lobby to wait. (Mind you it was 1.5 hours early). So frustrating and the lady was rude. Next was the elevators. They stunk so bad, I had to cover my face each time we went up and down. They put carpet freshener down everyday, which made it worse. Next, we were making a bagel for breakfast at 9:00 and the lady came over and locked everything up right in front of us. We threw the bagel out. The lady was rude and had no care about guests trying to eat breakfast. Needless to say, we didn’t get breakfast one time the whole 7 days we were there. That was very poor service. Next, our bed was so hard and uncomfortable, I had to sleep in the chair. I’ve never stayed in a hotel where the bed was Unsleepable.

The location was nice.

It was pleasant
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Room needs some updating. Refrigerator needed to be replaced a little outdated. Tikki bar does not accept credit cards, cash only and there was no way to have tab placed to room tab. A couple of my bath clothes had stains on them. Kept running out of towels at pool. Couldn’t get WiFi to connect the first day.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent. Beachfront property.

Place has great potential!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Went too cheap on decor, towels small & thin, kitchenette poorly stocked (1 knife, 3 forks...), No coffee pot, ice on ground floor, “game room” had 2 pinball type machines, continental breakfast a joke

Private balcony overlooking beach, nice pool & hot tub, small kitchenette

Don't look for the owner to do something about poor customer service or maggots in the room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

That I asked for clean towels 5 times within a 4 hour time frame and never received them & I had maggots in my garbage can, complainedat front desk , & they were rude! Asked for the owner/manager information emailed the owner 4days ago and still no response! I'm convinced they don't care it's all about their money not about the guest of their concerns & & maggots? That explains alot... Making things look clean & actually cleaning is a big difference.

The view of the ocean. Beautiful scenery laying there in the bed with the TV off & door open you can hear the waves & it puts you calmly to sleep.

Refrigerator did not work Ac didn’t work.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Refrigerator did not work Ac didn’t work. Room beside is microwave didn’t work. Other visitor had black mold in their room and lady at front desk was trying to cancel room and front desk person was extremely rude and nasty

Staff was great, except the returning of shoes. Hotel needs to purchase adequate amount of towels
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Not adequate amount of towels, had to ask each day. Was given a washcloth that looked like it was a cleaning cloth. The pot and pan in the kitchen was unsafe to use from rust and Teflon coating damaged. Accidentally left a pair of sandals at pool. Next morning talk to guy that cleaned pool area, said he found a pair that morning and would bring to Tiki bar. Said he took them to Laundry room, don't understand why he didn't turn them into lost and found at front desk. After 2 days, front desk called him, he stated he had not found any. Those were expensive sandals. Yes I should not have left them, but I would hope when someone stated they found them, they would be returned.

Liked the location to the beach

Alright
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Ocean View

Our keys to the room constantly didnt work and had to get new ones almost every day. If we had an issue with something it seemed like they didnt care enough to handle it. Breakfast consisted of honey buns, nutty bars and swiss rolls...not my liking of breakfast

For what we paid it was ok

Check in staff very friendly as always.
    • King Room with City View

Could not check in until exactly 3.00 and then no towels in the pool area, they were still cleaning the room when we checked in.Cleaning crew seemed a little slow, second day had to ask for everything, towels, trash bags.Lots of unattended children in the hot tub with rafts in there.

We had a great family trip!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

our room did not get cleaned everyday even when we were gone for 6+ hours each day and put our maid servicd request sign up

Location- excellent view from our balcony, easy to get to, in a great area

Wouldn't stay again.
    • Queen Room with City View

The rooms were very dated. There were very few extra plugins for charging cell phones and the ones they had were behind furniture. The rooms available sign was on, but they were constantly out of towels both in the pool area and in the rooms. They gave us two towels for 5 people. The first night when I pulled back the covers there was hair in the bed...that I had not slept in yet. The second night there was a broken fingernail in it. We left a day early after that even though we were losing money.

We liked the close proximity to the beach and the pool area was nice.

Location was great.
    • King Room with Ocean View

They were understaffed for the season. We were constantly short on towels and the wait time for clean towels. Most of the staff were friendly, with an exception of a few. A male manager was getting into staff in front of customers. I wasn’t impressed with the cleanliness, or the breakfast bar.

Location was great. Perfect place for a relatively inexpensive vacation.

We loved the room and how close the hotel was to the beach.
    • Queen Room with City View

The only thing I didnt like was that someone was smoking weed on our floor but the staff took care of it very quickly.

We loved the room and how close the hotel was to the beach. The staff was really nice and was really good about keeping up on rooms.

Would not return here.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Very outdated and not what online pics showed. Cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Sink was clogged and shower water would not get hot. Towels were very rough. Sheets had burn marks and were not changed our entire stay.

Better for families, not so much romantic nights. Should be cheaper for what you get.
    • King Room with City View

Some mold on walls and doorway to bathroom, slamming of neighbors door every 10 minutes, fire pit not lit second night but not staff fault it was windy, found baby roach running around in bathroom on second night. There was a vinegar smell to the room and neighbors where smoking on balconies. The tiki bar host acted very odd, like she was amped up on something.

The staff was awesome, I loved how everything was set up. Cute towel shells, allowing the adults to have some quite time in jacuzzi after hours. Eco soaps where nice. Loved that before check in they walked us through everything. Enjoyed that there where ice cubes in ice tray when we arrived.

great visit to area .Facility was fine staff helpful
    • King Room with Ocean View

The stay was great .The bagels and coffee in the morning was fine (it is not a continental breakfast and was not advertised as one.Facility was clean .View gorgeous .House keeping very friendly and accommodating.No problem recommending good value for money nothing real fancy but comfortable.

Dirt/body hair in corners of bathroom.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

Dirt/body hair in corners of bathroom. Towels same and paper thin. Beds not comfy. Breakfast less than desirable. Beach was dependant on tide. Would not stay here again for the amount of money charged. Not a good value

Not bad for the price, but nothing to write home about.
    • King Room with City View

The room could’ve been cleaner & more up to date. Old carpet & bed comforter.

The pool area & tiki bar were nice! The staff was pretty friendly.

The rooms were pretty spacious!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Wish this hotel had a heated pool & more items offered for breakfast.

The rooms were pretty spacious! In addition the location & view from the ocean view room was amazing for the price we paid!

Nothing fancy but a decent deal for the price.
    • King Room with City View

Windows overlooking the river were VERY dirty on the outside. No microwave in room or lobby for guest use. Only one washer and one dryer in facility and they were EXTREMELY outdated but did the job. Tiki Bar was NEVER staffed and very run down. That was a BIG disappointment, shouldn’t advertise as even having one. . Only was an outside pool & was very small and outdated. Not sure on hot tub because was never able to actually use it because always occupied. Might as well not advertise a continental breakfast either. I know a continental breakfast does not include much but this was literally little packets of Little Debbie like snacks. No juice, no fruit, no bread - nothing else. Well coffee but from what people were saying, it was nasty. Only soda machine was basically empty. No ice on floors except in lobby.

Parking was very convenient. Price was good. Clean room, lobby, etc. Elevators were quick and conveniently located. Bonfire pits available. Quick check in. Nice staff. Beach easily accessible. Quiet atmosphere. Nice showers.

They are other hotels choose them
    • King Room with City View

They were doing construction inside and out hotel early in the morning The bed was super hard They served jelly with bagels and no cream cheese The refrigerator made noise all night along with the air conditioner

The beachfront

We won’t be back to many other places to stay.
    • Queen Room with City View

Last min booking and paid for a king bed room as we have 3 adults and 2 kids. With a rollaway. Got there and nothing said got to room and it’s a very small room with a queen . Went to desk and told me we got last room . But that was not what I paid for. Also the next morning staff in lobby talking about guest and cleaning not very professional.

The ocean was great here.

Although the property does not look nice from outside, room...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Ocean View

My daughter is handicap in a wheelchair, the access to the beach (ramp) was permanently closed (chained),so I had to go all of way around to get it.

Although the property does not look nice from outside, room was very nice, comfortable and exceeds my expectation.

Browse Emerald Shores Hotel - Daytona Beach traveller photo gallery