Reviews of Emory Conference Center Hotel 4 stars

1615 Clifton Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA

#28 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

I was there for a wedding.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk could have been a little friendlier; otherwise no issues and that one is only slight.

I was there for a wedding. If the hotel provided the food, it was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Generally great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We parked in wrong lot and hunted endlessly for the lobby. You need a big sign for checkin location at the street!

Beds so comfy! Nice view from 4th floor. Appreciated your accommodating our 2 pm checkout request.

Boy too bad for the price.

The campus is very confusing. Signs were not clearly marked to the lobby entrance. Decor looks dated and worn. I can tell that this was once a very exquisite place. Definitely needs a face lift on the interior. For the money it was decent.

Staff was very nice. We only stayed one night but I can see that this would be a great place to take a group. Several outdoor balconies and other areas to gather. Beds and pillows were great. Great roomie shower

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Overall, this is a nice hotel that is convenient to the children’s hospital and restaurants.

Staff didn’t give a map or any information about where things were at check in. I had to find things on my own. I didn’t like that I had to pay to park and that the walking path from parking did not have sufficient lighting so I had to walk in the dark.

Room was spacious and nice. The bed was very comfortable. It is in walking distance to the hospital that my baby was staying in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

TV remote did not work. Water went down slowly and built up when taking a shower and using the sink. There were spots and hair on sheets on bedding

Wonderful stay!

Minor point: most of the attractions in Atlanta not near, but reachable within 20 minutes by taxi or Uber.

Very friendly staff. Very nice location with a lot of vegetation around. Swimming pool, bowling and pool table available.

Beautiful and clean hotel. The staff is great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only thing that i can say that bothered me a little is the bed is not all that comfortable.

I enjoyed my whole experience at this hotel. It was a very beautiful place. And the staff was very friendly

No slippers, no drinks in the fridge, poor cleanliness. Charging 5 star rates :-(
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

House keeping services were very poor, carpets were never vacuumed, some days toilet / bathroom care were neglected. Even one day we had no cleaning service performed at all. I called reception twice and able to get the service performed at 6.30 pm.

Excellent location, it was easy to come and go between my son's dorm @Emory and the hotel room. Bed was excellent, had good sleep throughout my stay. Breakfast buffet was rich. Reception, concierge and service staff, all were attentive.

Went into the hotel site on the internet and got switched to...
    • King Room with Balcony

Went into the hotel site on the internet and got switched to a third party booking service that adding about 40% to the price. Could have got the room cheaper by walking in the door and asking for a room

Loved the location and comfort. Not happy with the price since it wasn't as promised.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Expected one price according to booking.com. Only got that for first night. Second night was charged at a much higher rate. Heater was noisy intermittently.

Room service food excellent. Beds comfortable. Staff very friendly. Location great.

Emory visit
    • King Room with Balcony

Pricey! I only got one meal, one dessert, and one wine bottle which cost me $110. The wine bottle is way over priced by like $20, the bread on my meal was soggy, and the dessert seemed great just a little pricey. The hotel itself is extremely nice but is not worth the price I paid. I had to circle the parking garage just to find a spot, Which I got billed for. It isn’t worth the price, regardless anytime of year. Also the alarm went off while I was in the shower, no one made sure everyone is out of the hotel, I never left the room.

The first thing you do when leaving home is to find yourself in a new environment. In a short span of 2 nights 2 days I already saw a better me and acclimated to the Life style I lived there. The environment of the hotel was Super clean, friendly staff, and had amazing desserts. There is a ridiculous amount of things to do within a few miles or just a short drive. I would gladly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great getaway and wants to experience a different culture.

The hotel is very confusing as far as navigating around the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very confusing as far as navigating around the facility. We were lost on several different floors because of the layout of the hotel. Parking was a $15/ day charge which was not disclosed.

I would highly recommend this hotel. My expectations were exceeded
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing, the hotel and staff were wonderful

The bed and pillows were great! I slept better than at home. All of the staff I encountered were so friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again.

The beds could have been a little more comfortable.

The property was beautiful and the staff were very accommodating. We asked to switch rooms so we could be adjoining with family that were traveling with us, and they were more than happy to do so. My son loved the pool and hot tub.

Although a bit pricy, this was far and away the nicest campus hotel I've stayed in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only reason I wouldn't stay in the hotel is the price. I would look for a less expensive place. Someone else made these reservations for me. Otherwise, I had a very good experience,.

Coming from a small town in Arkansas, I really enjoyed hearing different languages and meeting people from around the world just while checking in and riding in the elevator.

Comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were a bit over-priced but may be because of the high demand during the time period I stayed there

The rooms were quite spacious, clean and good. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

A good stay which makes for a good visit

I have stayed at the hotel for several years at Thanksgiving. It is clean, the staff friendly, rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. It is also an attractive place. In addition, it is near the relatives we visit on thanksgiving

Was frustrating.
    • King Room with Balcony

I enjoy a firm bed, but bed was extremely firm, hard. Was awakened at 1 am by much noise from below, sounding like tables and chairs being thrown around, not sure what was but it was disturbing. Upon leaving the hotel we turned in door card keys at desk not knowing we needed one to exit parking area, had to pay $20.00 into machine to leave parking area.

Desk was helpful

We were pleased with our one night stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No continental breakfast for quests like us on tight schedule. Had to stop and grab a muffin at small pub as take-out.

The staff was excellent. Every employee was polite and always had a smile.

Beautiful and comfortable Hotel

The bathroom was too small to accommodate more than one person a a time. Very challenging for my husband and I to get ready at the same time. Also the door to the bathroom needs to be replaced...room2248

The Hotel is beautifully decorated. We were there for a family celebration so didn't spend time at the Hotel except to sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and reasonably priced.

Excellent Staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was an expensive option but perhaps because of the storm and limited availability due to people coming from other areas. You have to pay for parking.

We came here to be in a safe place when Hurricane Irma came through our city. It was a busy and somewhat stressful time but the staff was helpful and very accommodating. Our room felt safe from the storm and comfortable--the power stayed on in spite of the stormy weather. I have attended events here and the conference rooms and dining spaces are very nice. Considering everything, this was the perfect place for us. If you're visiting Emory University or Emory Hospital, this would be an ideal location.

Nice area, clean rooms but plenty of better options in the area for less money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The WIFI provided was horribly slow, 100kbps. The on-site restaurant is open for very brief hours for breakfast buffet and lunch menu/buffet and not at all for dinner. TV channels are very bad quality signal, cutting in and out. Hot tub was non-functional during our stay.

Indoor pool

The Emory Conference Center and Hotel is an excellent place to stay.
    • Corner King

This year was one of the first that we did not have any issues from the room, the parking, or any other service provided by Emory.

Every year we visit the city of Atlanta for a big conference. We have chosen to stay at Emory instead of the downtown area because of how quiet and peaceful the area is. Waking up and walking outside to a brisk morning has helped start our day out right each year and its because of excellent service and care provided by the staff at Emory. As an aside, treat yourself to an awesome meal by going to Marlow's Tavern just around the corner from Emory. It is a highlight to our stay that we seek out every year.

Absolutely amazing!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hard to find close parking though I think you guys had some event going on and that could of been why and that's understand.

Love the rooms, the beds were fantastic! It was clean and all around was a beautiful hotel. I especially loved how you guys texted me to see how the room was. You guys are very customer friendly and make the effort to make sure your guest are happy.

We were there for a wedding at the facility.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air didn't work very well in any of the rooms. Banquet hall needed to have carpet cleaned- lots of stains.

Great facility rustic decor, pool, pool tables...nice rustic setting with sprawling walkable grounds.

the luxuries style of the hotel and friendly staff.

did not like the fact of paying for parking car as guests especially with current room rates.

the luxuries style of the hotel and friendly staff. the room was comfortable and amenities were good.

Great trip! Smooth stay . Would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The grounds in the back of the hotel looked unkept as we walked from parking garage.

Beds were extra comfy. Shower was huge and nice. Staff was super nice to open gift shop so we could buy snacks after late night ballgame. We appreciated that!

Great value and quality
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location was a little far from the downtown activities but not much more of a drive for a really nice peaceful place to stay

Great value and quality of hotel

Expensive and disappointing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The drain in the shower looked like it hadn't been replaced in decades. There was gummy grout on the sink. The bed slept like one at a Motel 6. And they were very stingy with the coffee creamers, only one per coffee. I wouldn't complain about the dumpiness of this hotel if it really were a motel, but it's not and the bill for my two-night stay was $500! Atlanta has way better hotels to offer for that price. Never again.

Excellent location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning unit needed a little attention. We've stayed at this property many (as in 15+) times. It has no customer-loyalty program, indicating that ownership places no value on establishing relationships with its loyal customers and is interested instead only in turning a buck.

Excellent location.

We enjoyed our stay except for the inconvenience of the lack of room service.

Room was never cleaned when we returned in late afternoon (5:00 p.m). We had to call desk each of the three days for delivery of clean towels--the last day they sent someone up to make the bed and clean the bathroom and this lady was extremely nice, very hard working, and did an exceptional job even though it was after 5 o'clock and she had worked all day. I wish we remembered her name because she was such a lovely person with a very positive attitude. She deserves special recognition.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast very good. Nice, quiet room with good view of back garden area.

Very pleased.

Beautiful grounds, very private wooded views. Excellent staff. Great location. Would absolutely stay here again. Nice parking garage under hotel. Quiet, clean, and comfortable.

A most wonderful visit.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Better explanation of the working of the a/c. It was confusing at first.

The beds were wonderful and we were there with a baby and the comfort was greatly appreciated. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. the breakfast buffet was great and never-ending.

Excellent service overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Jacuzzi broke down twice during my stay, and hotel staff didn't seem eager to fix it (and in fact they didn't, and instead an out-of-order sign was placed and that was it).

The business center was available 24/7 and had free printing, a rarity!

Not again....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

How ever the the rooms were very small They told me there was a hot tub and shower in my room, but the only hot tub was downstairs. The pool needed to be cleaned badly.

Very big and nice design.

Location, Location, Location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They should have some kind of continental breakfast option.

The hotel was extremely convenient to Emory University, local shopping and dining The beds and pillows were great. The air conditioning unit did not work well in our room but the staff was helpful in resolving the situation. Overall we had a nice time. Mr Watson was the highlight of our stay and one of the nicest staff members we've met in our travels!!

Best stay in the Emory area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff is awesome, friendly and attentive. Location perfect especially with my daughter attending Emory. Really enjoyed the fitness center, clubhouse and breakfast offerings.

Unlikely to stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dank, carpets and linens had a damp feel :(

Location was great for a wedding in the area. Easy access to Decatur, VA Highlands and Midtown.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Excellent location, nice staff and safe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was same for 3 days. It should change a bit day by day.

Excellent location, nice staff and safe. Enjoyed dinner. From/to airport by taxi costs 50-55USD including tip.

A very great stay!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walk to the parking deck was dark and unsecured. There needs to be a better option. The back part of the hotel lawn was not maintain. So the view was just a bunch of bushes. Otherwise it was nice in clean inside.

I like cleanliness of the rooms and the way the hallways was maintained. The bathroom was huge, which is a plus. The bed was very soft and comfortable.

An amazing grand hotel. Set in a quite space with a few nice restaurants close by.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the upstairs hallways was a little warm.

The shaker furniture through out the hotel was wonderful, very comfortable. The lighting fixtures were amazing

Be aware of additional charges!!!!! :(

That I was charged $15 for parking on top of the room fee. Which I was told that the room key allows access to parking. We had to take the nearest hotel due to my mother is in icu and we live 2 hrs away. I will not book with emory conference center hotel again

Excellent hotel location for a visit to Emory University.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1. Booking.com nickel and dime you! 2. Extra fee of $15 for parking..ridiculous! 3. Pricy rest. and breakfast

1. comfort of bedding 2. Room service man in the eve was extremely polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Helpful Staff and Clean room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other than a bit of trouble with Wifi, everything else was very good.

Helpful Staff and Clean room. This is a very pleasant hotel, and I will recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Exceptional stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lwaving. Also room service took long most evenings.

Property was spacious. Most front line staff were amazing - literally two front line staff were not at the higher level of everyone else I met. Room was extremely comfortable abd clean.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Be careful with the breakfast.
    • Corner King

Be careful with the breakfast. They told me they had a continental breakfast every morning. Having stayed in lots of hotels I just assumed that continental was free. It wasn't here. Cost me and my husband $30 to eat!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Lovely location and a pretty good experience.

Most of my time there one of the two elevators did not work, a problem for the guests and front desk. They did their best by taking me up on the staff elevator. Because the front desk was understaffed, I was on hold to the front desk for twelve minutes just to request my car from the valet. That being said, the valet staff were very nice and very helpful. Another problem, if you arrive at the hotel at night and don't know where you are going from Clifton Rd, you could use some better illuminated signage, and definitely better signage to show the hotel's location!

Nice front desk people, pleasant facility in a beautiful setting. Frank Lloyd Wright would be pleased at the tribute paid his architectural style.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Wonderful stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not one thing. Everything was perfect and much more than expected.

Friendly staff. Beautiful Hotel. Amenities plentiful (pool, state of the art workout room, pool table in lobby, fire pit, etc). Housekeepers extra friendly (asked my son how tall he was). Cheerful, classy, cozy atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The reason why we pick this hotel, because it was close to where we needed to be.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Breakfast was way too expensive just for a continental breakfast even. The hotel room was already pricey and we have to pay for parking too.

The hotel room is very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Treated Like Royalty at the "Emory Conference Center Hotel"

We Loved our stay at the Emory Conference Center Hotel, it was everything we wanted and more! You are doing a GREAT JOB, taking care of your guests from Check-In to Check-Out, Loved EVERYTHING!! Thank You from me and my Family we will definitely recommend the Emory C.C. Hotel to our Canadian Friends & Family!

beautiful, relaxing, wonderful service and staff!

The hotel is surrounded by bushes, is actually beautiful but a little hard to get there and far away from most of the attractions

Everything concerning the hotel was perfect, the staff very friendly and helpful, the rooms gorgeous, the breakfast buffet delicious, we enjoyed a lot being there.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Very nice staff and facility, close to Emory University hospital and campus for visits to either one
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was unable to figure out how the billing worked through Booking.com and when I checked out early due to husband being discharged early from Emory, I had no idea whether part of the second night would not be charged to my card for staying only one night.

Shuttle to the hospital was a plus.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Would not stay at again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking is not free, should be pointed out and, keep your room key, you'll need it to get out of the garage. The on site restaurant does not open until 6:30 am, no close restaurants open for breakfast, bad if your appointment is scheduled for 6:45am.

Closeness to Emery medical complex.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Thanks for the great stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff could have been more friendly and helpful. They acted annoyed when I asked about where to park or where my room was located.

I loved the hotel lobby and how it was decorated for Christmas! The hotel room was clean and the location was great.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Everything was fine except I learned when checking in to the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Being overcharged for the room. The situation is currently being rectified by Booking.com

Everything was fine except I learned when checking in to the hotel that Booking.com overcharged me.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Good location & service.

Would like a refrigerator with a small freezer.

I'm not a huge fan of the busy nightlife and streets of big cities, which made the location of the hotel a pleasant surprise. It makes you feel you are staying close to a park, with lots of nature around the facilities and no noise to complain about. The lobby is pretty, and the staff was courteous and helpful since the beginning to the ending of our stay.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very nice, clean facilities

The Booking.com listing was very misleading. According to the site, our room was supposed to have a king bed and a pull out couch. However, it only had a king bed with no pull out. The hotel told me they did not have rooms with pull out couches except for a few suites, but this was not indicated at all on booking.com

Very nice, clean facilities

Fantastic Stay!

Love everything about this hotel. The staff are lovely and care about your stay. They helped me when I was having issues with my reservation. Room service, cleanliness, and the overall environment of this hotel is wonderful. The location is not in downtown but is still close and in a quiet area. Uber/cab services are wonderful and quick to pick you up from this hotel; as well as willing to give you suggestions about what to do in Atlanta if you need. Wonderful first time experience in the big city!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Clean comfortable room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet seat wouldn't stay up by itself, creating a technical challange to men in the middle of the night.

Clean comfortable room. Nice cozy bed. Close to Little Five Points.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and very convenient since this trip was for medical purposes.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was surprised by the parking fee.

Room was very comfortable and clean. I was expecting a slightly larger room for the price. The selection for breakfast was really good but a little pricey.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the parking is not included on the room rate

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

very good staff and facilities

none

staff / room / breakfast

Bowling alley

First night price was a extra 90 dollar then the day after

Bowling alley

Staff was nice.

Somewhat dated. Updates not of the quality one would expect for the price.

Staff was nice.

Nice environment and staff

Nice environment and staff

It was a nice place overall

How dirty the spa got and no access to bowling alley

Privacy

II would like to come back just for fun and eat. The area around is lovely and cozy.

Being near for my proceedure!

Personal was very nice and attentive to all your needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to pay for parking even though I was a registered guest. Breakfast was also extra.

Personal was very nice and attentive to all your needs.

Very good facilities with a good breakfast option and...

Very good facilities with a good breakfast option and restaurant onsite. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our brief stay there.

Bed very comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms need to be more, roomy

Bed very comfortable

The balcony to the rooms

The balcony to the rooms

• King Room with Balcony

The room was extra clean. My fiance and I love the balcony and the bed was fabulous. Will definitely be staying again.

Cleanliness
    • Corner King

Over prices and too expensive on food No prices lists to show for breakfast They take advanced for every thing they can get

Cleanliness

Room too small, bathroom had no ventilation and was not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room too small, bathroom had no ventilation and was not clean.

Phone problems.