Reviews of Empress Hotel 1 stars

4.9

3.6

5.2

• Standard Room

Cleanliness, smell, extremely small room (10'x10'), prices jack up on weekends and holidays/events. We wore our flip flops in the shower and didn't set our luggage on the floor - if that tells you anything about the cleanliness.

Staff, location, price compared to nearby places, free parking onsite, community balcony, LGBTQ-friendly. Overall, we would stay again if all we were looking for was a climate-controlled, roof over our heads with running water and a bed, in a decent location.

• Standard Room

Pretty grubby (bathroom was fine but the bedroom rug was gross). You know they must get all sorts in there because everything is scruffy, no attempt to fix & plastic covers on the beds.

Functional accommodation in a very convenient part of NOLA. Minutes walk from the French Quarter.

• Standard Room

Dirty, room next door was having a practice session all night, no good ether, I think they had a lot of Coffee ;-/

Not a great place to stay, a lot of problems, but was cheep!

• Standard Room

Maybe the towels quality could be better. It is always recommendable to bring your own. Same for your personal hygiene stuff. Other than that, no complaints.

If you are looking for price x location, it is a great option. Pet and gay friendly (we loved that!). Staff very kind and warm. The room was very simple but clean and since I was not planning to stay at the hotel during the day (just needed a place to leave my stuff and take a hot shower), it was a perfect match. Couple blocks apart the Bourbon St, short walk.

• Standard Room

It was unfortunately easy to see how the American government failed New Orleans after Katrina. After immersing ourselves in this town and neighborhoods culture it was simple to see the need for volunteers. Again, we will be back.

Tanya who works second shift was fantastic. The back patio plants need some love. However we made it home for an afternoon of fun by laying out blankets and packing a cooler (Dilly Dilly). The rooms come with one double size bed, a corner chair and a full bathroom. We were kind to the neighborhood, and the neighborhood was kind back to us. From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank New Orleans enough. The history and culture in this town is vibrant. We will be back.

• Standard Room

Lack of hot water, plumbing leaks, gaps around the AC, no desk, table or lamp. The Empress is a cheap flophouse for locals, except for Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest, when it gouges tourists with nowhere else to stay. You'll be sharing the hotel with people paying a fifth of what you're paying for the same room, which might explain why some of the desk clerks are less than friendly, you may have bumped one of their regulars.

With two days notice we needed a hotel room near the Quarter for Jazz Fest, a near impossibility. The Empress is three blocks from the Quarter, had rooms and free parking, and the AC worked!

• Standard Room

We had to have the lock changed twice due to key issues. But it did mean being away from our room for periods of time to get the work done. Not their fault they immediately took care of us both times. Also had to have bed replaced which they also took care of immediately. I was disappointed we were not offered a free night at another time or a partial refund.

The location was great and all of the staff were amazing except the old guy in the nasty t-shirt who was a big jerk. We received small bags of ice free each one we requested until the morning we were leaving and the old dude wanted .25 cents. After all the issues we had I can’t believe he wanted us to pay for a cup full of ice.

• Standard Room

It shouldn’t be an option on your site, it can charge that amount because everywhere in New Orleans gets expensive at the weekend but it’s not even a hotel it’s an oldschool doss house for homeless who’ve cobbled enough for a room or people wanting a place to have sex.. I know this as both were at reception at different times. The outside looks like a nice small hotel.. the rooms are hovels, I was bitten numerous times by bed bugs, the roof of the bathroom looked like it was going to cave in as it bulged and dripped from the roof above, the tv didn’t work and worst of all the smell of damp got into all my clothes (no cupboard to put them Btw) so I had to spend the weekend smelling like mold, like an old rotten ship Is now my friend described them smell when I got my stuff back to England so to be perfectly honest I don’t think you should advertise that property on your site.

the location was the only good thing but then again it was down a very shadey side street where everybody hanging about looked you up and down like a wolf does prey so I wouldn’t have liked it if I was easily unsettled.

• Standard Room

The proximity to the French Quarter and price were it's best attributes.

The hotel is very broken down. Cracked walls, unfinished floor boards, it rained and there were several leaks in the ceiling. The location is very close to the French Quarter (though in the somewhat sketchy Treme neighborhood) and it was cheap but overall a little too broken down.

• Standard Room

Mould on the mattres Mattres is covered in plastic and made it very uncomfortable for sleeping Fan didn’t work in the bathroom Two days out of seven the room wasn’t Cleaned One very thin towel and a face washer No Bath mat This is the worst place I stayed on a month tour of the USA and was the dearest with a no refundable policy They lost my key blamed me for it and complained when asked to be let into my room and they found it the next day Toilet pan was not secure to the floor and moved around Paint was peeling of the wall You could hear the people in the next room or at the front counter You had to push the door with your knee to open or close it

Leaving was the best thing sorry to be so negitive but it was

• Standard Room

The mattress was covered with a plastic cover ... as were the pillows ... I guest 1 towell ... was informed at check in there was a charge for extra guest even though booked and paid for double ... it’s THAT sort of hotel

Free parking ... like gold at this price

• Standard Room

Very dirty and worn down room. Aircon broken, shower did not function well. Worn down bed. This type of accomadation is not suitable for anyone.

Noting to like.

• Standard Room

This is an honest review, the room is much smaller than you'd think from looking at the pictures. The walls could use some fresh paint and the floor is cracked, but it was clean enough that I felt safe walking with my bare feet on the floor. They don't have much to offer, but they are doing their best.

It was quite clean and the staff was very sweet for being a small business. It's very close to downtown and is probably the only hotel that offers free parking.

• Standard Room

I didn't like the door and the tub didn't drain. That's all that was wrong.

It was cheap and I booked it last minute during wrestlemania so I was just happy to get it. The area was nice and quiet, very friend staff.

• Standard Room

The rooms smell like smokers lived there. The pictures online DO NOT match the actual appearance of the room. I felt like I got catfished into the stay to be honest. The rooms had some sort of water damage because the floors were buckled and the walls had something going on making it chip. Just not what I expected.

It was a 10 minute walk to the French Quarters. It’s also about 5 minutes away from a Streetcar going to Canal St. the staff was polite and helpful for recommending sites to see and eat.

• Standard Room

Mattress was wrapped in plastic which was a bit annoying but got use to it.

After reading the reviews I didn’t come to this hotel with the best outlook, however, for the amount it is you can’t complain, it is very clean and the staff are really lovely and helpful, the location is amazing. About a 5 minute walk to bourbon street. Don’t let the reviews scare you away.

• Standard Room

Bed was super saggy, building a little worse for the wear, both toilet paper and towels were thin and cheap, bring all your own toiletries

Close to French Quarter, convenient parking, Functional and clean accomodations, staff was friendly and helpful , neighborhood was quiet, felt safe, reasonable price!, sparse setting Encouraged us to get out and around town

• Standard Room

Bed sagged terribly, sink was disgusting, toilet was falling thru floor, A/C unit was hanging out window, ceiling LEAKED, walls are paper thin.

• Standard Room

Stuff: rud, and aggressive. Not client oriented at all. The first day they did not set the room. It remained on the floor for all the six days the dead body of a bug.

• Standard Room

Overall cleanliness was not good. The bed wasn't comfortable, and it actually still had plastic around the matress so it was noisy every time you turned. The price is good though, the location within walking distance from French Quarter, and the staff was friendly.

• Standard Room

The neighbourhood was frightening. One of the other guests was a former pimp who had just gotte out of prison. He got in a physical fight with a girlfriend outside our door.

• Standard Room

Blood stains on the sheets, unknown substances smeared on the wall, no phone in the room, mold in the shower, wood holding up the sink.

Free parking, but it was "park at your own risk" and was very unsafe.

• Standard Room

We checked out after our show, couldn’t even stay the night. WAY too scary for the price. This is a $50 per night kind of place. Dirty. Sharp rusty nails poking out the bathroom door. Mystery hair all over the room. Mattress was wrapped in plastic. Yuck yuck yuck.

free parking. But the multiple signs warning against car burglary was alarming.

• Standard Room

The room had nowhere to hang clothes on.

The location was what brought me to the hotel. You cannot beat it, right outside the French Quarters. I did not look for a luxury hotel, being that I only spent a few hours every night in it.

• Standard Room

They left a half used roll of toilet paper in our room, we run out of it and when asked for another one the guy had an attitude, the bathroom shower was broken and we didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, but taking a shower was not pleasant at all

We loved how the hotel blended with the neighborhood, easy access and so close to the French quarter, public transportation, just loved the place

• Standard Room

Sink & bathtub didn't drain properly. Pillows we're flat, bed was hard and they used too much bleach on the towels which were still stained. Checked out early and the front desk staff was a little grumpy.

• Standard Room

This place was a moldy, smokey nightmare cave. Two dogs were loudly fighting all night. It was so dirty I didn't even want to sit on the bed. They check you in by reading you a list of bizarre rules that are clearly for scumbags but also some that are just unheard of (no visitors in your room without paying a fee?). Totally wild. They took a $10 cash deposit instead of just taking a card for incidentals.

Literally nothing

• Standard Room

It should be possible to leave less than a one star review. I don't know if I've ever even posted a review- but this was by far the worst experience I've ever had in any establishment. For starters, the place was dirty and there were no accommodations (shampoo, soap, etc) but still, understood that you get what you pay for. That was, until we realized we were laying in a bed next to a crack pipe. Since we are not familiar with the crack industry, we didn't realize what it was and PICKED IT UP. We were at a loss for words and went to speak to the employees. As if it couldn't get worse, they LAUGHED IN OUT FACES. Saying things like "nobody was in that room today" or "how didn't you notice before". I couldn't believe it. They raised their voices, asked us what they are supposed to do about it. I've never experienced anything like it. She was even taking phone calls during this and ignoring us. You would've thought we actually did something to upset them. Finally, they change our room. We walk in the room, immediately find a GIANT COCKROACH. The fact that we had to make the conscious decision to choose the "crack room" is hard to wrap my head around. They say they cleaned our old room and give us back the key. I know this place wasn't clean, but when I tell you NOTHING in that room was changed - I mean it. The sheets were the same, there was garbage in the bathroom, the "new towel" had stains and hair in it. In a desperate final attempt, as we checked out we mentioned everything to a new employee at the desk. Again, they were not surprised or apologetic. Even tried to not give us our deposit back. Just don't stay here.

• Standard Room

The room was not clean at all, toilet completed dirty, tub and sink didn’t drain the water, didn’t bit even provided toilet paper. The room smelled really bad, the mattress was terrible and we got a next door guitar player all night singing, so you can heard everything that is going on in the floor. We got a reservation for 3 nights but we leave next day at 6:00 am, worst night ever in my life.

Worst hotel/motel ever. Do you a favor Do Not Book the Hotel, never!!

• Standard Room

Electrical outlet had no cover plate, outlet was haning out of wall; bad spots in ceiling/wall was covered with Styrofoam, flooring incomplete on floor, floors and walls cracked and dirty, air conditioner froze up.

• Standard Room

the rooms were smelling of cigarette smoke, the bathroom was functional but many broken tiles, AC was very noisy.

the bed was comfortable and the staff is very nice!

• Standard Room

Paper-thin walls so could hear everything, including cleaning person shaking bin bags open just outside the room at 3AM! Room smelt of urine, presumably mice. Bathroom had a big damp hole in the ceiling. No cupboard or storage in the room. Air con was a hazard for electric shocks.

Balcony was nice. Location is really good.

• Standard Room

The hotel was a total scam. The rooms online say look to be a LOT bigger; the room we stayed in was smaller than my closet at home (VERY TINY). The hotel itself has no AC. The staff was very unkind and unwilling to make guests happy, they even added multiple fees spoken of nowhere on booking.com. The wifi didn't work at all. Worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life. I don't even want to call it a hotel.

It was a pretty good location. Close to French Quarter.

• Standard Room

It was dirty, smelled bad, our bathroom ceiling leaked onto our toilet, you heard everything going on in the hotel. We had looked at pictures and known it was going to be rough but not that bad. We had brought our own quilt and slept on top of the covers and used our quilt. It’s a great location and could bring in a lot of money if they would invest in upgrades.

The staff was very nice and friendly!!

• Standard Room

The hotel is a delapidated shack with thin board walls, blocked toilet bowls and tiny windows so rusty that they do not open. The bed, an ancient spring matress covered with plastic, was pure torture. I could not face another minute there so I checked out just after 5am, losing money on cancellation fees.

The location is good.

• Standard Room

the floor in the bathroom was patched and leaning, the water pipe coming out of the wall was leaking and sticking to far out of the wall. the room door was a lock with a key. it was thin and every time someone went down the hall it woke me up. i booked my room on booking.com and was charged more for the room when i got there.

just the distance it was from bourbon street,

• Standard Room

Everything. Our room was less than satisfactory and it had not been cleaned despite us having to wait for hours for the room to be cleaned. The sheets had visible stains, smelled like someone died recently in there and when we asked to move to a cleaner room, we were told that there were no clean, empty rooms and that we would have to stay in the filthy room given to us or we could leave. Seconds later a couple walks in and books a clean, vacant room they supposedly did not have. I would not recommend this property to my worst enemy. Plus they ARE NOT only five minutes from Bourbon street if you walk, it a fifteen minute walk. Save your money, nothing about the property was worth it. Also the manager does not answer her phone nor can she be bothered with your concerns.

Nothing, the entire experience was terrible from the rude front desk agent to the absent manager he would not let anyone talk to. He was incredibly rude and inconsiderate.

• Standard Room

The best was wrapped in plastic which I completely understand why, just made it a little uncomfortable for sleeping.

The Staff was super nice and very welcoming. I suggest bringing your own, pillows and blankets for added comfort. The Location is Perfect to walk to the french quarter and to Bourbon St.

• Standard Room

The room was very small (but was okay for the one night we stayed before a cruise). The place was dated and not the cleanest place but clean enough for the price and what was expected. I would still stay again for a short trip.

The location was perfect! Walking distance to French Quarter and Bourbon street. The staff was also very friendly. We had requested an additional bed online and when we got there a cot was already in the room.

• Standard Room

Extension cords from one building to next one, bath tub was discusting, holes in floor, plastic on beds, Trash on side of building, rotting mattresses on side of building, not fit for humans!

Nothing about this place is fit for humans! Fire trap

The bed sucks

The staff was excellent-- rooms are small and cozy!! Bed is pretty terrible but it's manageable....location for price is unbeatable ....11 minute walk to the middle of the French quarter

• Standard Room

An extra towel, the mattress not being covered in plastic.

I got what I expected, a cheap hotel close to the French Quarter. It isn't fancy and the bed was super uncomfortable but the staff was amazing, the location is great and it was very clean.

• Standard Room

Door only had a dead bolt, no doorknob, just a pull handle. The noise and profanity from other customers, nothing done to stop it. Plastic on the bed. No space to place toiletries, no outlets in the bathroom. I could go on.

There was nothing I liked about this hotel. We reserved 7 nights stayed 1 and left.

• Standard Room

Walls are cracked. Floors are cracked. The Bathroom does not have a towel rack, or even a hook to hang the towel. There is no closet. Overall, very unhygienic and dirty. Wifi does not work inside the room. Given the location, the rate is very cheap, and considering the free parking, even more so. However, if the rooms are fixed and cleaned a little, the hotel can increase its rate a little and still be reasonable for that location.

Location. Free parking.

• Standard Room

The room had a bad smell, the bed is super uncomfortable, the bathroom stink leaks, bugs and lizards in the room, the AC is so noisy, the room door didn't close securely. Went to a different hotel a block away and it was a huge difference.

Staff was friendly, the only positive thing about this place

• Standard Room

So this hotel was on a show that turned horrible hotels into nicer hotels. Well it appears they only did one room and left the rest of the rooms the way they were, quite disappointing.

The staff was really helpful with directions and ideas on where to go that's more local.

• Standard Room

The room was small and dated with mismatched decor. It felt like a bed in a closet. There was plastic covering the mattress which made the bed both loud and hot. There was a significant soft spot obviously caused by water damage in the bathroom. We were afraid to stand on it in case we fell through.

It was walking distance to where we wanted to go. There was a really nice balcony where we met and visited with some interesting travelers. You have to turn in your key every time you leave and get it back when you return. I thought it would be annoying, but it's actually really nice to not have to keep track of a key.

• Standard Room

Unclean rooms. Extremely poor WiFi. Pungent or Cigarette smoke smell in most of the rooms. Small TV with bad remotes. Uncomfortable and smaller beds. Towels seemed unclean. Vending machine does not accept cards.

Staffs were very friendly and helpful. They did prompt and best service they could with the resources they had. Wish such nice staff had a nice facility. Hotel was located close to the Bourbon street and hence was very convenient.

• Standard Room

Unsympathic receptionist. No complimentary water. Room not done the first day. Bed done the second day but not the bathroom. Request a 10 USD key deposit (???). Have been charged an additional 10 USD per night afterward (???). Made aware of policy rules which include “to wear a shirt and shoes in the common areas” (???). Mattress with plastic bag . Sheet to small for the bed so you end up your night sticking on the plastic bag of the mattress... and so on...

Location in a quiet neighborhood just two blocks away from Vieux Carré

• Standard Room

The room was very dirty and rundown. If I could have put a negative rating I would. This would have to be the worst place I have ever booked in fact it was so bad we walked out! Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Location was great but that was the only thing.

• Standard Room

It looked like it should have been condemned 20 years ago. 19&Quot; tv cracked walls, ceiling, and door. No closet. One rummage sale straight back wooden chair. Only stayed 1 day, had paid for 2 days online. (Online pictures were great) Would not refund the day we refused to stay there. It was a disgusting scam! Oh yeah WiFi would not stay connected longer than 3 min.

Oops, wrong box. Nothing liked! It looked like it should have been condemned 20 years ago. 19&Quot; tv cracked walls, ceiling, and door. No closet. One rummage sale straight back wooden chair. Only stayed 1 day, had paid for 2 days online. (Online pictures were great) Would not refund the day we refused to stay there. It was a disgusting scam!

• Standard Room

We saw more than one bug in our room, the walls were paper thin, the hot water in the shower didn’t work, the tv didn’t work, there was plastic on the mattress, they want u to drop ur room key in a drop box every time u leave the hotel (don’t do it)

10 minute walk to the French quarter

• Standard Room

The tub wouldn’t drain and hotel was dirty. For the mattress protector it looked like the used sheets of plastic. Window was locked by putting a tie wrap on the window and screw in the window frame.

the Staff seemed to be pretty friendly

• Standard Room

As far as what could have been better, let me detail what was bad about the room. *the heater was a space heater that shared a plug in with the window air unit that was duck taped into the wall *the toilet took 3-4 flushes for even a number 1 to drain *the water pressure in the shower was almost non existent *there was tile falling from the wall *there was a big hole and stain from leaks in the ceiling *there was a leak in the toilet plumbing with a piece of tape to guide it into a drip bucket nearby *you had to turn in your keys to the front desk every time you left the hotel but like I said, it was decent place and the location and price can't be beat...just know what to expect before trying to impress a date (my wife said she would also come again)

Okay, first off, this was the absolute worst hotel I have ever seen as far as upkeep goes, but I will get into that in the parts that I didn't like. Even though it was a terribly rundown building, the staff was awesome, and the location couldn't have been any better, especially for the price. If you are going in looking for a top of the line or even average hotel, avoid this place. If you are going there to enjoy New Orleans and just have a place to crash at the end of your long day, this place is perfect. The old adage that you get what you pay for definitely applies here, but in the end, I will stay here again next visit, as it did the job I was needing in supplying a safe, warm place to crash before leaving for Mexico.

• Standard Room

A few more places to put/hangour belongings And a cleaner bathroom

a bit rough around the edges Staff was wonderful Good Coffee on patio and Great place to meet the locals and even a street musician or 2

• Standard Room

The condition of the room itself was very poor - I have stayed in a full range of 'comfort' in dozens of different countries, and this was honestly one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever slept in. This wouldn't have been a big deal had I known what to expect (I didn't read reviews first, whoops), except that we paid $90 and the photos made the room look much nicer. There was plastic still on the mattress and only the cheap hotel comforter with a sheet on the bed with no other blankets - in the middle of winter. The room was clean-ish, but there was still noticeable dirt in the corners and by the floorboards. The worst of it all was that the sink didn't drain into the wall - water fell out of the s-bend into a trashcan under it. We checked in really late and were leaving early in the morning so we didn't notify the staff (they were so nice that I'm sure they would have done something to make us happier), but I can only assume that they were already aware since the trashcan was already placed under the sink when we got there.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the location was great. Walking distance to the French Quarter and pretty neighborhood. It was also easy to check in, pay, and park. The balcony is a nice touch.

• Standard Room

The room was in very poor shape. The toilet would flush when the neighbor flushed theirs. There was cigarette burns on every surface in the room. The air conditioner was take apart and parts were on the floor. The bed had its shipping protective plastic still on it. The floor was dirty. The flooring was sinking and coming apart. The shower was repaired with pvc pipe on the inside of the tub wall. Water was either too hot or too cold while taking a shower.

Location and staff were very good.

• Standard Room

very disappointed with this place the room was no bigger than a jail cell. walls had repairs and not painted. the only heat was a small space heater siting in the middle of the floor. only supplied with 1 towel. there was lots of cold air coming in around the small window. the sheets would not stay on the bed. did not get any maid service while we stayed there. only ice available was at the front desk and they charge .25 for a bag that was enough to fill a small glass. there was no phone or clock in the room. the small parking lot was full both nights and we had to park a block away on the street. definitely buyer beware!!!!!

price was the only good thing about this motel.

• Standard Room

the bed was broken, sagged in the middle, the bedding was inadequate, the shower curtain fell down, the wifi didn't really work. i would never stay here again. i left after 2 days of a 5 day stay

• Standard Room

Very basic room and facilities .good to just spend a night like I did. Didn’t like that I had to spend the night with a mouse crawling under the bed, who had squeezed in under the door.

Location , walking distance to French Quareters

• Standard Room

The room was tiny, only room for the full bed. The bed was awful. The door locked, but you could see the hall through the gap and would've been easy to bust through. The window unit AC has gaps around it as well. You had to give your key to the front desk anytime you left the building. I understand this an old building, but there is no evidence that they are even trying to keep it up. The hotel was right off of Treme in a very dangerous part of town.

Not a lot to like.

• Standard Room

Air condition was very old and works terrible. The old heater is drying air and shuts off after 10 min. by itself. The walls and ceiling are shabby and dirty. There was no room service for two days - no new towels (they provide one small towel) or the shampoo. One day they lived my room door open for the full day with all my luggage and laptop inside. The sign at small parking says “Park at your own risk”. I could not find a space on my last night, and parked my car on the street.

• Standard Room

Unfortunately the management/owner is less desirable than the property. After having to check out at 2am because of very noisy neighbors I attempted to speak to a manager and left 4 messages with no return calls. I would not recommend this property nor would I ever stay there again. I’d sleep in my car first.

Great location. 2 blocks from French Quarter although not in the safest area. The desk clerks were very nice.

• Standard Room

The whole place just needs a total renovation because the location is great.

I honestly expected the absolute worst after reading reviews on Facebook and Yelp. This is truly a one star hotel - it is bottom of the line, basic accommodations. The room temperature is fine, luckily there was hot water, and the staff is pretty friendly. Other than that, don't expect much. The bed is uncomfortable, there are very few amenities and the whole place is just kind of grimy and an unpleasant atmosphere. I think the prices should be lower to make it worth the stay. I'd feel better staying here for closer to 50/night.

• Standard Room

A rat in my friends room. Had to change room. Wi-fi extremely weak/patchy and slow. No cupboards or a place to hang your clothes! Poor maintenance of property. Bathrooms need an update now!

Excellent & friendly staff who go out of their way to help. Dale, Jamal & Ronnie - thank you for being so wonderful - you made up for the deficiencies of the hotel management!

• Standard Room

I see that everyone keeps complaining about the plastic covered mattress... I don't think anyone has stopped to think about the alternative. Mattress NOT covered in plastic. Yikes. At least this way you know there's no bed bugs and no drunk idiot has thrown up or worse on it... ok so what I did not like was this: overall cleanliness was real low. While the sheets were perfect and had obviously been bleached (yay) the rest was ew. Shower shoes still didn't make me feel comfortable because the drainage was poor and my feet would be covered in water if I didn't periodically turn the water off to drain down. Sink also had poor drainage. My ice bucket.. nope. I just used my own yeti I had brought to house the ice. The rug was pretty sketchy so I wore my shower shoes at all times when in the room. I'm a seasoned Hostel traveler. This is how it should be advertised. So I knew to bring my own blanket and shower shoes etc. Even so this was one of the dirtier hostels I've experienced. I'm not gonna say I'd never stay there again because I would. However, I'd look around first for something a little cleaner.

Out of the four staff members I encountered three of them were exceptional! The fourth was ok I suppose. I enjoyed the area of town. It was perfect for my agenda and given the busy weekend it was nice to get something that close to the quarter without paying $400 a night. This is called a hotel but it should be advertised as a hostel. So I did like the community areas, like the balconies, where I could meet people from all over the world. FREE PARKING! I've been coming to NOLA on my own since I was 15 and I've never found free parking that's in an actual lot and with security cameras. Also.. when the front desk clerk thought I was taking too long getting my bag out of the car he came to check on me in the parking lot. So nice! Last, I see ppl upset about the key drop. When you leave the premises you have to leave your key. I'm sure this is so drunk people don't go out and lose the keys making the owner have to constantly pay to replace locks. I liked it however because in a city like NOLA if you don't return to retrieve your key it would alert the desk sooner if something had happened to you.

• Standard Room

This place needs a lot of work done to it and needs a good deep cleaning. Location was good, but the room was so bad we stayed out of it as much as possible and had to change to another hotel after two nights.

• Standard Room

Everything was bad. This is simply a joke: 1-Everything in the room is damaged and dirty: -cigarette holes in the bed sheets. -fur in the bathroom and sink. The bathroom was not white anymore but ... yellow for most part. -I did not dare touching at anything, everything was dirty. -It was the same for a friend of mine who booked a room in the same hotel, at another floor. 2-Organization is a joke. -Staff not friendly. -They ask for a USD 10 deposit .... an check the room before giving back the deposit when you leave. A joke. What do they fear we can damage ? everything is already a mess. -you have to give the keys back to the reception before leaving the hotel at any time i.e. you are NOT allowed to keep the keys outside. -To get back to the room you need to ask the key back to the reception i.e. you are not independent at all. 3-Conclusion: -I have never seen such a bad hotel. -I booked two nights but I stayed only one night: I did no dare taking a shower considering the state of cleanliness. -I am seriously mad at Booking.com and the state of Lousiana for allowing this kind of hotel to still be in business. -AVOID at any cost.

• Standard Room

Rooms to small television above bed ,no dresser or closet for clothes , bathtub had peeling paint,ceiling had cracked paint and wet spots, window unit a/c and shop heater. A complete dump and over priced for what they offer.

Good location, and nice staff

• Standard Room

Ceiling needs repair floor in bathroom pealed up and tiles missing. Needs so basic cosmetic repairs to improve the place

Quiet and safe located in a residential area near Louis square

• Standard Room

It rained the night we went and the ceiling was leaky! My purse and boots got leaked on!

The staff was very friendly and there was a nice balcony! The room was small, but basic for what we needed.

• Standard Room

Sink is bathroom had sharp corners, no place to hang clothes, no tsble for writing, tv had one channel, tub was slow to drain, coffee availability ended at 9:30am (too early)

Good location, friendly helpful staff

• Standard Room

The plastic on the mattress was a bit uncomfortable, but as we went out and walked around most of the days we were in NOLA, we ended up being exhausted and were able to sleep anyway. The rug on the floor was questionably clean, but overall an eclectic and fun experience.

The staff was excellent, very helpful and friendly. The location was PERFECT for walking to/from the French Quarter. Has a very warm and inviting exterior, and the room was exactly what we needed: Home base for storing stuff and for sleeping.

• Standard Room

Rooms were in bad shape, mattress I closed in plastic sheets would not stay on floors cracked ceiling had holes in it. Over priced for what you got

• Standard Room

Rooms are filthy and outdated, leak damage on ceiling, Roaches the size of grasshoppers crawling around and rude, overbearing staff

Decent proximity to French Quarter