Reviews of Portofino Beach Inn - Encinitas 3 stars

186 North Highway 101, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA

#9 of 9 hotels in Encinitas

Ok place to stay, but maybe not worth the price tag.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

the parking is now easy to get in and out of, and the toilet seat in my room had a crack in it that pinched me. I also had to clean the tub before using it. the beds were hard, kind of expected that, but they were also small. and the carpets were stained.

the location is great.

It had a hot tub in the room.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I was turned off immediately by the woman at check-in. If I could have walked away, without worry of my credit card being charged anyway...I would have! She was that unfriendly and rude. Why be in the hospitality field, when you’re so unhappy? I hope her boss reads reviews! She really put me off and was antagonistic. Then the water pipes in the wall were so loud!! You can hardly hear the Tv. It was musty- I’ve been a little sick since my stay 2 days ago. Not worth $140. Don’t stay here!

It had a hot tub in the room.

Old and worn out, but good location
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Old, old, old, and funky (not in a good way). Bathtub in the room was kind of weird, hairdryer didn't work, tissue dispenser fell off the wall, worn out table and chairs. The place is in need of an extreme facelift.

Walking distance to the beach. Bed was pretty comfortable. No bed bugs ;)

Great California vibe there, in Encinitas. Good location to beach and shopping. Staff all of them,so
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The bed pillows were uncomfortable.

The staff was so friendly. The vibe there was perfect! The motel used to be called Moonlight Lodge, as my husband used to work about 22 years ago. We enjoyed the extra’s like coffee maker, mini Fridge, hair dryer and iron / ironing board. And a jetted bathtub! Only thing is they better and new pillows. We will stay there again at Portofino Beach Inn 🐬

We didn't spend too much time in the room so it was ok. I thought the staff were friendly and good.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The room overlooked two old rooftops but was advertised as garden view. The curtains were too small for the window so there was no way to block light. The bathtowels were way too small to be effective. They were not much bigger than a large hand towel. The water in the spa didn't seem very clean.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Super thin walls, you can hear everything from the neighbor. I got a good deal because i booked in advance but don't pay more than $100 for the night. Is not worth it. There is a neighbor hotel much better than the Portofino.

Shady.....
    • King Bed Suite

They waited until 4 days after we checked out, then charged me a 250 dollar fee for smoking in the room. I DON'T EVEN SMOKE... So of course I could not convince the manager of that from home a thousand miles away so the charge stands.... Totally ruined the whole experience.

I do not like managment to be this insensitive. So therefore, I would not stay here again.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Young woman working front desk. I asked for ground floor room , given upstairs. Husband disabled, 82 years old AND daughter had surgery at VA hospital while there. Check in put four teenagers in room next to us. They were drinking, partying and arguing until 3AM!! We did not get good sleep before surgery. It was a stressful and long day. When we called to report what was happening, young woman was rude and obnoxious. I thought she would be concerned with the liability, if these kids got into a car accident. Young woman ended up hanging up phone on me and did absolutely nothing.

Beds were comfortable.

Always a great experience
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

A pool for the hot summer nights

We go to Legoland a lot in the summer time and this is the place I always stay at. Best bang for the buck and its close! Very nice area near all kinds of restaurants and bars and stores. Oh, and they have a huge hot tub!

Our stay was great! Room could definitely use some updating!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

There were no screens on the windows, front desk wasnt all that friendly, popcorn ceiling, stopped up sink, Broken toilet seat, lights didnt work, sticky front door, stiff unmatching towels, only two mismatched pillows, no cover on ironing board.

Location is great!

Very pleasant place hang your hat for a few days!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Our room was very cozy and clean. The Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Location to the beach, shopping and restaurants are all within walking distance.

I had a great stay. I would love to come back.
    • King Bed Suite

The laundry was a hassle I had to wait over an hour for the washer and dryers and being that I had to work the next day and beginning at 7 pm and ending at 11:45 pm. The clothes were just sitting in both the washer and dryer and having to walk back and forth to keep checking was a little frustrating.

Overall, my stay was awesome and if I could give a big kudos to the night person who was there to check me in after flying in from the East Coast on Sunday night and being so nice and amazing and the biggest kudos to Ashley for also being so friendly when I kept demagnetizing my car. I loved all the staff I encountered. Thanks a million.

Encinitas
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Hard pillows & weak shower, scratchy towels. No staff available to check out. Waited 15 minutes & still no one available.

Size of room was good. Just a few (hilly) blocks to the beach. Simple to get to main roads. Clean.

March 24, 2018
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Room was awful-it was connected to the indoor swimming pool (that was the size of a wading pool), so we heard everything and everyone in the pool area from morning until 10 pm. Everything was pretty shabby. We purposely booked a non-smoking room but apparently everyone in the hotel stands in the driveway next to the room that we were stuck in (room 101), and we had cigarette smoke wafting into our room all night. And the sink was stopped up, which we didn’t discover until evening when we were getting ready for bed. When I commented to the front desk about these issues the response was essentially, “meh. I’ll tell the manager.” Do not stay in this hotel unless location is really all you care about, because that’s pretty much the only good thing about it.

Mediocre hotel, needs to be renovated for the location and price it charges.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Television was outdated. Where is the updated flat screen tv with a wall mount? Furniture was scratched and in old condition. Microwave and fridge were on on an old stand. Coffee tested like flavored hot water. Carpet was dingy, bathroom debris was falling out of the vent, light bulbs were out on some of the fixtures and last but not least one day our room was not cleaned. I had to go retrieve new towels, soaps, shampoo and coffee from the front desk at 9pm. Ashley was apologetic and helpful as well as the day person, I forgot her name, Sorry.

Close to Moonlight Beach and walking to different stores.

Portofino Beach Inn Encinitas - never again. Ever
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

I was going to write a very big negative review, but now I just recommend to avoid this hotel. But I have to say something to inform you. I have never booked nonrefundable offers. In this case I had no time to find something decent for my budget. And it is very popular area, I used to visit my friend in Carlsbad during last 6 years, so, I know these places. The beginning wasn't so bad, the guy on the reception was very friendly (but later I realized it was the only one person I could communicate with without any problems). My room was connected to other, so, I could hear any word. The water didn't flow out the tub. It was a great problems with charging devices. Hotel needs to be renovated, but they just continue to use it. The room was cleaned but my socks became black after a couple of hours walking in the room on the carpet. The receptionist promised me to block connected room in two nights, and he did, but later administration decided unblock it. 7 days my room wasn't cleaned. And I asked about it twice, but they said it was cleaned (twice).Etc. I asked the first guy, was it possible to get my money back, if I find other place, and check out earlier. And he said yes, it was possible, even if it is not refundable. I booked one night it the other hotel, and 3 nights in San Diego via Airbnb. But the administration decided not to give me money back. They created a false story about me for booking.com, so, I could read it in the letter from booking (booking couldn't help me, but it was not nice to realize: they trust more hotel administration, not customers). I checked out 3 days earlier, 18 December 2017, and only today 29 December I got my money $63 for authorization back. There is no information about this "security deposit" on the site Booking.com, but you can get this money only after your check out. I asked about it several times (called booking operator here, in the USA, wrote letters, and finally I got it today). What can I say.

The room was big, and my room window view was to the ocean side. I couldn't see the ocean,but I could hear it.

Poor services
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

No elevator to get above garage rooms. room service every two or 3 days. Had to call front desk to get clean sheets and towels. Room smelled of smoke. Wish i had chosen another hotel.

Will probably stay here again but bring my own pillows.
    • King Bed Suite

Pillows were too big. Coffeemaker made coffee that looked like tea & tasted like coffee flavored water. No housecleaning everyday. The carpet was in good condition but needed to be shampooed/cleaned.

Smelled nice. Free HBO & Showtime. Everything was clean. Bed was supportive & firm. Free coffee. Staff was friendly. Liked fridge, microwave, coffeemaker & lots of drawers for clothes storage.

The staff was very accomodating.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The carport parking is so tight I scrapped my car twice and on weekends there isn't enough parking. I was moved to another room because my tv didn't work I was thankful as the first room had a very musty smell and was in dire need of upgrades Second room was much better,but Roaches in my bathroom Also be prepared to carry your luggage up 3 flights of stairs

The staff was very accomodating. I was upgraded to a king room It's a pretty low key private property.

Stay any where else
    • King Bed Suite

Mold in bath/shower.Carpet, people not helpful. Gave the wrong room and then corrected that with an equally Bad Room. No screens on the windows. The view out the windows were to garbage and trash. Both rooms had terrible odors that kind of makes you sick. They said it was under remodel but didn't see anything happening. Its a bad place to stay and will never recommend it.

It was close to beach

• King Bed Suite

didnt get the room i reserved, then called the facility to confirm what i requested, was told that yes i was getting what i requested, got there and couldn't get it.

"
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

"Quiet room" was next to hot tub and noisy stairs and doors. Bath was corroding. Creamer and sugar packets had been opened and depleted.

Had a great time ...will definetley come back to stay!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room was affordable had great amenities [Jacuzzi, frig and microwave] The restaurant next door was delicious Walking distance to many restaurants and shops.

Will never book through this website again if I am not offered a partial refund for no maid service.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room was in very rough shape. The furniture is old and falling apart. The freezer was in dire need of a defrost. The refrigerator was nosy and made it hard to sleep. MAID SERVICE NEVER CLEANED THE ROOM AND THEY DID NOT GIVE ME A DISCOUNT.

The location was great, that was it.

I came to surf, not take selfies in a hotelroom.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Old style building so dont expect it to be fancy. Carpet was dirty, dont let a baby crawl on it. But for surfing vacation was great. Parking a full size SUV was hard in the garage but there was parkiing in front and rear of building.

Jacuzzi in the room was older but worked and a nice touch. Location is great for surfing and price is agreeable for the area. Groundfloor room had a patio for drying stuff.

Loud slamming banging neighbor doors. Stay early/mid week to avoid neighbors.
    • King Bed Suite

Partition door between next room was paper-thin. It was like being in the same room as the family next door - very uncomfortable.

Great location, decent room facilities

Nice location, but too noisy for a relaxing stay.

next door was a family with crying babies and noisy kids - you could hear everything through the very thin walls - no sleep during the night until I plugged my ears... In general everything is old, dirty and partly broken. Do not expect relaxing time at this place when you have noisy neighbors. We tried to spend not too much time in the hotel.

people are nice and friendly, location is quite good - walking distance to shops and bars, also only walking distance to the beach.

Horrible.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

This location is filthy and run down. The price is low for a reason. I would say one step up from a crackhouse but that would be a lie. I advise everyone to find someplace else to stay. Pay the extra money per night and get someplace that will provide a clean and sanitary place to rest your head.

Promises not kept
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

We sent a request for a specific room (received confirmation that we would have that room again) which we enjoyed during our last stay 4 weeks ago. We came into town about 2 hrs early at that time we asked to check in and the room was not ready, which was understandable. The hotel called and advised me that the room was ready, ( approximately 1 hr later) we advised the front desk we would not be back till later that night, when we returned about 10pm the room was given to someone else, very disappointing. We were put on another room that was like a shoebox, over looking the roof of the sushi restaurant next door.

Staff and Location was perfect for the wedding we attended
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The parking was small and few, the rooms were outdated and the shower was not very good. Besides that it was ok for the price.

Staff and Location was perfect for the wedding we attended

You get what you pay for,old room but can't beat the price and location
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Old room ,bathroom very small .the shower fixture leaked.old TV carpet was in REAL Bad SHAPE.stains on the floor,coffee maker didn't work. Small room hade two queen beds so there was no room to move around.

Close to the beaches

Motel 6 would have been better choice
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Dirty tub/shower, room curtains were tattered, No screens on this second story slider window, terrible view of auto mechanic garage storage.

Close to beach

Gross
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

This place was so dirty I felt more dirty after showering in the disgusting shower lol don't stay here. The bed was gross too and our towels were dirty we brought our own thankfully

Upon arrival we paid an additional $60 for a room with two...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Upon arrival we paid an additional $60 for a room with two beds. We went in and it had not been cleaned from the previous night. When we went to the front desk to inform them, they said their cleaning crew had "gone home for the night" even though it was 4:30pm. The room was filthy and would never recommend this place to anyone else.

A little pricey, but a nice place to sleep.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was really tight. I had to be really careful in backing into my space. The tv in the room was old and worthless. The sounds was terrible. It was so distorted I had to shut it off because I couldn't make out any of the conversations on it.

Great location near the beach, nice staff, an overall nice stay.

Very Bad Experience
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dirty, bed linens were soiled, bugs in the globe of light in bathroom, toilet seat was off the toilet, no remote for TV set, we had to turn it on manually and found only 2 channels available. We have been to over 126 Countries and never have been charged so much with no value. Nor has the hotel been this bad. This place is a total rip off and the reviews are questionable given what we experienced. Since we are horse owners and always traveling for our horses, especially to Delmar, the entire experience ruined our weekend.

Poor Value for the Money
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

It is very run down. The toilet seat moved and hit you in the back, Felt very prisonlike. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Not much. Walking distance to to the beach was good. Quiet neighborhood. It is right on an alley with wires and one small window.

Good value.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Wifi was really slow at times. The parking can be hard if you have a big truck. Have to park between pillars but there is parking up front that was always free for my truck. Rooms are small. Could be a tight squeeze for some people.

Nice place for the price. Clean. Has free wifi, Microwave, Fridge. Beds were super comfy. About a five minute drive to the main part of Encinitas. Great Sushi Restaurant next door! You can walk to the beach. I would stay here again.

It was fine, close to shops and food.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

I left my glasses there and called but no one would call me back. Finally, I called again but I was told they couldn't mail it to me.. I HAD to call UPS to come and get them and mail to me. I was put off by that as I live 3 hours away and they wanted me to drive back to get them. Something so simple as to mail it and charge me to me doesn't seem so out of line.

It was easy to get to and good location. Price was right.

It's nothing like the pictures.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The online booking pics were nothing like the real thing disgusting bathroom , stains everywhere. The window had been replaced with a clear plastic hard sheet that was not completely sealed and window locks were non existant I won't book here again

It was close to the beach. . .and legoland. . .

Two thumbs down!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had not been cleaned and smelled. There was soap smeared in the counter from the previous guest, as well as coffee in the microwave, and the coffee pot itself had not been cleaned out. We found someone's bathing suit in the dresser, and even though the bed was made up I'm unsure if we were even given clean sheets. Gross!

Pay a few bucks extra and stay somewhere else...
    • King Bed Suite

The linens were clean, but that was about it. The AC was poor and the room remained muggy. Stains on the carpet. Super thin walls, could hear neighbors TV and conversation well past midnight.

Location was good.

Nice property for the money and went out of their way to be accommodating!

The matress and pillows were on the hard side.

Jasmine at the front desk was so friendly and switched some rooms so my son who walks with a vcane wouldn't have so many stairs. She really made us feel welcome! If I still had a business I would love her working for me!

Old and dingy.. needs updating!
    • King Bed Suite

The shower is old and needs updating! The sofa in room is old as well and had oil or grease marks all over it. I was only there for one night thank god.

The staff was pleasant and the bed was comfy, that is all I liked about it.

AWFUL
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The whole place is awful

Place is filthy, angry staff, dirty ugly small old room, waste of 300dollars for 2 days , n tjey never gave me back 75 dollars deposit from card, scam n scums

NOT WHAT I PAID FOR
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

When booking, I paid for "Standard Room with 2 Queen Beds" but got a room with 2 Full Beds. When I went down to the receptionist and told her that I had the wrong sized beds, she told me that they WERE Queen Beds. I sleep in a Queen Bed at home and they were NOT Queen Beds.

Parking was easy. No fees or problems finding parking.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Would Repeat. Good value for the money, good location, and clean and basic.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Moved into a second room because TV remote would not work in first room, and in the second room it would only work to accomplish on/off for TV.

Property was clean (although a bit old and dated). It is convenient to the beach and food/shopping.

Great stay, comfortable, quiet, restful.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Well a power wash of the building and the walkways and parking lots would have done a lot for a first impression. The furniture needed to be sanded and painted, but I love to refinish furniture.

Very comfortable bed and nice large pillows. King pillows for a king size bed, very clean. nice white towels. Great value for the money. Front desk person was friendly and well spoken. Quick service. everything worked well in the room. It is dated but the location and value cant be beat.

Don't book this place!!!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was not there when got there to check in, 20 minutes later they showed up. Room the next day was never clean for us after being gone all day. Had to ask three times to get it cleaned and when it was cleaned it was not done very well. Manager never called or followed up with our grievances. There is trash left all over and people's clothing on walk ways. This was the worst hotel experience.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Good for college age peeps & surfers who just want to enjoy the waves/beach
    • King Bed Suite

Bed was not comfortable at all; mattress was too hard.

The Portofino Beach Inn is great for its low price, but the quality is lacking in style, amenities, and comfort. Bed was quite uncomfortable. The spa in the corner of the bedroom was quite a surprise, but alas, the spa jets didn't work. The separate shower was not as clean as one would expect. Might be good for college age peeps and surfers who just want to enjoy the waves/beach which is about 6-7 block walk.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

It's one of the cheapest in town. Don't come with high expectations.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Kinda dumpy. No hot water during our stay. Cramped parking. We were told upon check-in that there was currently no hot water, but it was expected to be fixed by late afternoon/early evening. Arrived back to our room, around 7p, after walking around town all afternoon, plus playing on the beach with our toddler, to find workers still in the process of installing a new water heater. So, no showers for any of us before meeting friends for dinner. Returned from dinner after 9p, and *still* no hot water. So off to bed w/o showers. We were only staying overnight, and there was hot water in the morning, so at least my wife and kid got to bathe before heading home, and I got a hot shower after a morning surf. When staying in budget accommodations, I don't have super high expectations. But I don't think a shower with hot water is too much to ask. I guess I should be happy that we didn't return home with a bedbug infestation. The manager did refund a portion of our bill, and the staff were friendly, but I'm still pretty unlikely to stay here again.

Good location. Cheap.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Not a place to be proud of even if you have only moderate expectations.
    • King Bed Suite

The place is dumpy and close to being a dump. Carpet lumpy, dirty and shows signs of being wet many times. Ceiling shows signs of leaks from above with holes, bubbles and paint coming off. Bathtub leaking so long there is rust in the tub. Black coloration on tile grout. Everything about this place shows poor management and no interest in providing a clean fresh environment.

Nothing to like except location.

Was close to family we were visiting.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room was not clean. Made coffee in the in room coffee maker the first day. It was never emptied or cleaned while we were there. The last time the room was "cleaned" the bed was not made and only one washcloth was left in the bathroom. The parking for the first floor was between columns supporting the upper floor and even in my Jeep Wrangler it took a ground guide to get into it and then both doors could not be opened.

Was close to family we were visiting.

A most unmemorable visit.
    • King Bed Suite

They cleaned the room only upon my insistence. They did not change the sheets during our entire three night stay. The toilet, sink and tub ALL leaked. Mgmt was unresponsive to requests regarding these matters. On the last night of our stay, the hot water went out and had yet to be repaired prior to our departure. In room coffee maker did not work and special instructions had to be sought in order for TV remote to function. YIKES !!!! Would have been better off camping on beach. Never again.

The location was the ONLY redeeming factor of this motel. I have stayed in motels/hotels all over the world. This facility was straight from a third world country. I would recommend the closure of this dump.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Decent hotel, awful TV
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is like an apartment complex. The atmosphere is not that great. The room was good but the TV was awful. Old fashioned TV. Can you believe that?

close to the beach and the downtown area.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Do not offer on Booking ever. Property info misleading.
    • King Bed Suite

Everything. Room was a hovel. I've traveled to third world countries where hostels rated better.

Absolutely nothing. To give this hotel any rating would be painfully charitable. Take away any Star

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Location was great everything else sucks
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Asking for a coffee maker to replace it because it didnt work and they never did and there was no housekeeping

The location was walking distance to the beach

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Place has gone down hill
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The place has gone downhill since new ownership took over. They you to have coffee and donuts in the lobby but even took that away. They assigned me an already occupied room so had to wait for the desk person to sort that out, and staff was not friendly. I also had to walk all the way to the front desk again in the morning to ask for regular coffee for the room as all the maid staff had put was decaf

It was quiet and had a bath tub

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Good for the price
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The place could use some maintenance and sprucing up. The parking under the rooms was a challenge as the spaces were very narrow.

It was very quiet, we got a great night's sleep. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Filthy, disgusting, run-down, hot-sheet motel! Don't stay there unless you want to catch a disease!

I checked into rooms 101 and 111. Both had blood stains and pubic and head hairs on the dingy linens. Mattresses were worn-out. Room 111 had what looked like dried diarrhea stuck on the carpet near the bed. Management was not alarmed by my concern and unapologetic. Isaac, the clerk, told me the hotel is "run-down".

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Not so great...
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Bath towels are horrible, small and looked like car rags. Carpets are stained and gross looking. Would not have my family stay there again.

Good location for the price.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Some good, some not so good.
    • King Bed Suite

Room was musty and new paint left something to be desired. TV remote was on the fritz. Carpet was old and buckling.

Bed was super comfy, bedding fluffy and clean, and location great. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Not the Ritz, but a comfortable place to spend a night or two
    • King Bed Suite

The place is old and tired and needs updating. Minor repairs are overlooked. Exterior walkways are not as clean as they can be. Quality of towels changes from day to day.

Beds are comfortable. Staff is pleasant. Great and convenient location, you can walk everywhere from here (to Encinitas, Moonlight Beach, Leucadia, etc.) Free on-site parking and wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Disappointing.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Towels were thin and small. Pillows were exceptionally small. Guy at front desk new NOTHING about the area. Noise was unreal from the trains. Sink in "kitchen" area did not work. Refrigerator needed defrosting. Parking stalls were tiny. Carpets needed cleaning. Bed spread had stains on it.

Proximity to beach.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

It was a very miserable stay. I will never go back nor recommend them to others.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Television did not work, shower was broken, bed was very uncomfortable, coffee supplies were not replenished (which was ok because it was horrible coffee).

Do not waste your money or time!!!!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Where do I begin...the booking process was easy and the photos on the site make this place look like a good value however looks can be deceiving. The room was disgustingly filthy. The carpet had stains and was old. The beds are uncomfortable and the comforters looked and felt like they hadn't been washed in months. I tried to take my children a shower and dry them off and the towels had stains. There was a drink that was in the refrigerator that had been there for who knows how long. The pillows were small and old and the bed was very uncomfortable as well.I called the front desk to notify them of my unhappiness and to let him know I wanted a refund and he basically said too bad no refunds allowed you should have read the paper-which btw they don't give you until after they run your credit card! I asked to speak with a manager and he said to call back. He did offer to switch my room but it was late in the evening and I didn't want to move two small children in a dimly lit parking lot to another room I'm positive would have been the exact same condition. I called the next day to speak with a manager and I have yet to receive a callback. This hotel is old and dirty it needs many upgrades and a deep cleaning. Please do not stay at this inn because you will regret it.

Nothing this hotel was horrible it makes motel 6 look like the Sheraton!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Wow, did I make a mistake here.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Miniscule parking spaces that take many efforts to get your car to fit in. Not good when someone comes back from a late night and try to park under your unit. Screw up with my reservation and my refund and no one seemed to care. Horrible attitude and I still don't have my money back! Truly one of the most tired-looking places I have ever stayed at and I sometimes stay in hostels and am not that picky. While there are places to eat, not many family type places that were very close. But plenty of bars.

Location was not too bad. Close to beaches.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Warning: Do not stay here!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

DO NOT STAY HERE. IT's RUN DOWN, DIRTY AND A SAFETY HAZARD. Even the parking spaces are dangerous. I could not figure out how to park my minivan in such a tight space. There are no amenities unless amenities mean a plate of stale donuts sitting on the check in counter and a leaking ice machine outside your door. This building needs to be torn down. I would have found other lodging after we saw the conditions of the "inn" but everything that weekend was booked. I asked the front desk if they were remodeling. He laughed and said, "yeah, we're in the middle of a remodel." Not sure if that was sarcasm or if maybe it was a remodel gone wrong. The online pictures must be from when it opened because the room was in severe need of an overhaul. The carpet was wrinkled and dirty. The bathroom fixtures were all rusted. Even the TV was an old box tube. If you need a cheap place to lay your head and you don't mind that it's dilapidated and in need of an inspection by the fire Marshall, then go for it.

The location is a few blocks from Moonlight beach

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great coffee at the hotel, great location, can walk to the...
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was definitely a bit run down but we were not bothered, we were out and about all day so just a place to sleep and keep our things was fine

Great coffee at the hotel, great location, can walk to the beach, the train and restaurants

Great location & staff makes up for aging rooms
    • King Bed Suite

Parking with a big car. Could be cleaner

Great staff very friendly and helpfull

Overall good would stay again
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Could have had a flat screen instead of tube TV and the a.c. worked but didn't get cold.

Fridge and microwave were nice

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

They don't serve breakfast just some pastries and coffee.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

They don't serve breakfast just some pastries and coffee.

Location was good with a short distance of Moonlight beach.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking spots were very small hard to get into with midsize vehicle

Location was good with a short distance of Moonlight beach.

We really enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The parking requires some special abilities for the novice driver.

This place was very quiet and cool. The coffee and muffins were good too.

It was a great experience
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are a little outdated bugs floating in the jacuzzi

Love the location