Reviews of Kimpton EPIC Hotel 5 stars

270 Biscayne Boulevard Way, Brickell, Miami, FL 33131, USA

#48 of 213 hotels in Miami

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Breakfast is totally overpriced for being a continental buffet. Absolutely not recommended to choose breakfast included package. Restaurant though it is very nice and good food.

Location is outstanding and pool area is very nice. Rooms were tidy and clean, it looks like they were recently renovated. Staff was helpful and they accomodate us on higher floor

• Room Selected at Check In

The bed was very comfortable with feather pillows which is very important to us. Rib eye steak with added mushrooms and giant prawns were delicious! Great Chef!!

Swimming pool was not in action and we had not been informed beforehand. no coffee making facilities in the room.

Great location for exploring downtown Miami for a couple of nights. Great views. Friendly staff. complimentary wine between 5 and 6pm.

• King Room with Water View

When I was checking in I would have appreciated more info about the hotel / what was available to do on property during my stay. I later overheard a different check-in and the guest was told about a happy hour and things to do on property. Just a small detail :)

The hotel is clearly a destination for people of all types coming for all sorts of events. I think the staff does an excellent job of appealing to the guest looking for a quiet weekend and the guest here to party. The team was attentive and available when I asked. Plus, I loved their messaging service - made everything so nice! I would definitely come back and stay longer if I can! I also want to note that room service was delicious!

• Premier King Room - Club Level

When I booked a Club Room, the Booking.com website said that there would be 5 food presentations per day. When we checked in, the hotel said that there they no longer did this. The only benefit the hotel said that we would had, having paid extra for a Club Room, was access to the Club Lounge. We then discovered that this was closed for a conference. So I asked the hotel, did it mean that we had paid extra for no benefits. The hotel said yes unblinkingly, and offered nothing in return or substitution.

Location only, for work and public transport in Miami; and speed of WiFi

• King Room with Water View

Pool was in maintainence Massage was great Spa decor could be better

Good room service They gave me a room that i didnt like Next day changed it immediately

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I had their continental breakfast just under $20.00 for cereal, yogurt and coffee. My husband just had coffee and was told there would be no charge. I signed a bill for $25.00 including a tip. When we wen to check out we found the charge had been changed for over $50.00. We complained to the concierge And he waved all charges.

The best thing I can say is they have a wonderful concierge Gene Ruotolo. He was very helpful finding us thing to do and a good restaurant within walking distance.

• King Room with Water View

The pool was shut during our stay, which i know happens but would have been nice to have been informed prior to arrival. Also this place really lacks a proper hotel lobby bar.

Great location and staff were great

• King Room with Water View

Closed pool during week and were not told prior to arranging trip. Staff not sure of times. Very poor valet service. Property under reapsirs. Traffic around Epic was horrific. Construction near facility loud early in the morning.

Rooms were pretty good.

• King Room with City View

I disliked everything about the place

The hotel amentities were poor as was Asia 31 restaurant - also expensive and noisy. Terrace closed as pie ces were dropping off the hotel exterior'! I spoke to the charming managers but not sure what influence they had on anything.

• Room Selected at Check In

I didn’t like that I came out of $680 at check out for using the room phone. Although I didn’t mind paying they just took it out of the cardholder account without any notice or permission. I told them earlier at check out once I land I’ll reload my card and pay. Manager was rude and snotty.

I like the hotel, very nice big & clean. Free wine was a bonus for me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Phone number for the valet was not working so you will wait outside untold amount of time for your vehicle, construction everywhere, one of our room was not ready till after 4pm the other one till after 7pm! We had to wait with children at a bar restaurant with adult happy hour crowd nearly 4 hours. And to top everything off that was a billing error thousand $1054.00 that after four days has yet to be credited. Epic fail

Staff

• Room Selected at Check In

This hotel didnt promise our room on time. One of the staff members at the restaurant was rushing us to order before the kitchen closed without even introducung himself.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

This property was tagged as “family friendly” and it really was not. The restaurants and pool area (which was not open at the time of our stay) are geared to adult travelers who are there for nightlife. The room with two beds was cramped and dark. It was not a good value for the cost. And there are no public areas that are child friendly.

The hotel is very old. Walls are dirty, the cleaning in room does only light. In the corner it looks like several ages dust((( very uncomfortable switches of the light. The hotel needs to be repaired.

ATTENTION TO DETAIL WAS LACKING

EXCELLENT BEDDING AND COMFORTABLE BED, NO KETTLE, TEA MAKING FACILITIES, AND NO ONE ON DUTY WHEN I CHECKED IN LATE, HOTEL DIDNT HAVE THE SAME ATTENTION TO DETAIL IT HAD PREVIOUSLY

• King Room with Water View

I really feel as though the hotel itself is very much overpriced for the quality of stay! The check in and out time and line was an extremely long wait! The front desk girl had bit of an attitude when we asked if check in time is typically that long😣 We were not given the proper directions to find our room. Room service order was wrong!Overall it just wasn't the best.

The beds are very comfortable!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

There is no WiFi include and no parking lot include so the price when you use this services was more much higher that I was expected. Also the waiting time to received the car was a lot. We Waite 15-20 minutos to received the car. The check out was the same, only one person at the front desk and we wait other 20 minutes. So the price that we pay wasn’t the service that we received.

Zuma the restaurant inside of the hotel. 5 stars

• Room Selected at Check In

the rooms are awful. old broken flours, smelly carpet, very noise you can hear all the people on the other rooms and hallways clearly, construction etc. i requested king size bed upon booking got two small bed room, when ask about it the answer was "requested is not a guaranteed" also the WiFi never worked. overall very disappointing trip.

the location is great the restaurants are great.

• King Room with City View

You can’t make a coffee in your room so if you ask room service you will be charged for the coffee and also extra $5 to bring it to your room. I think when you pay €350 per night you should at least have the makings of s coffee in your room.

Location & views Gom the hotel

• King Room with Water View

Valet sucks. The valet guys aren't that friendly and you have to wait a long time to get your vehicle. We ended up missing our dinner reservations due to valet taking forever with our car. I would recommend calling at least 20-30 mins ahead of the time you wish to leave.

I loved everything about this hotel, they didn't have our king room available but upgraded us to a king suite free of charge which was a beautiful room. Very romantic and trendy hotel to stay. The view of the city is amazing! Convenient restaurant located on site and bar and drinks.

• King Room with City View

Nothing they could control with all the construction around you the streets access to the pathways were obstructed from the front entrance.

Everything, we were there for the marathon and were impressed they changed the serving of their coffe to much earlier to accommodate those participating and leaving the hotel in the early hours of the morning. They also added some extras to their coffee service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Asked for our room to be cleaned 3 times one day and no one ever showed up. Construction limited pool access. Traffic in and out of hotel was horrendous.

The staff was very nice

• King Room with City View

went for xmas but no xmas menu and whilst food was good it was overpriced

lovely room with spectacular view , but had to request coffee machine to room

Huge parking traffic.

EPIC view, EPIC room, EPIC atmosphere & EPIC traffic ;) Very nice hotel, clean room, large bathroom, all rooms are located above 14th floor - good view guarenteed.

• King Room with Water View

Building work, and road works in area of hotel. Renovation work being carried out at hotel meant swimming pool is closed Monday thru Friday.

Staff friendly and helpful. Nice continental breakfast included in our room rate. Good size room with rainfall shower and bath tub. Complimentary wine in lobby from 5pm to 6pm each evening.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Water View

The pool was closed and their was construction heard in and out of the building.

The view from my room was spectacular. The bathroom was huge - nice Big sunken tub.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Just perhaps the price of the spa could be a bit better for guests. Nothing else I would have changed. From information point of view, something happened with the booking information that the hotel did not have in the system that we had paid for breakfast, but they solved it quickly when we checked out.

The service was brilliant and the spa was really nice. The massage we got even when a bit pricey, was outstanding. We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff left champagne and strawberries in the room for us. Location is really good and the staff was very helpful recommending where to go for dinner and shopping

• Junior Suite with City View

Got a junior suite which had the worst view I have ever encountered in similar locations. Small price point rooms had bigger balconies and a way better view. Our panoramic view was 100% the JW Marriott hotel. If you want good views go for the cheap room or the one bedroom suites. Junior suites as regards to balconies and view is pretty much wasted money!

Really nice staff and clean room!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

the woman who answer the valet parking call was so rude, hang up the phone while I was not even finish my talk, and sounds impatient since she pick up the phone.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I was very taken aback by the restaurant, Area 31. Our group of 8 sat down for breakfast and 4 place settings were DIRTY and not just a little dirty like disgusting!! Completely unacceptable. Upon arrival, Valet wasn't polite. Not a good first impression. Upon departure, they took 45mins

The staff was great! Sari at the front desk was super nice at check in. The mobile concierge- Hector was very helpful upon arrival.

• King Room with City View

Rooms are old and very normal. Amenities are bad and not included in the price (jym is free but steam room no...). Hotel lobby is freezing... Bring snow coat!

Unfortunately nothing was that great...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Construction ... no one ever likes construction. Waiting for my room. It was like waiting for the bell to ring at school. I had requested early check in and upgraded to get my room sooner (didn't happen).

We upgraded our room when we arrived to a suite, the staff was very helpful, but we seemed to wait a very long time, when I had requested an early check in. There was construction at both the hotel and around the streets which made navigation a little tricky. This hotel is conveniently located near the Port for a quick departure to your next cruise vacation.

• King Room with City View

The building work right outside the hotel is something that guests should have been made aware of when booking, as it is not very nice to have to walk out of the hotel and face that !!

hotel was all that it was advertised to be !

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Excellent location, the downstairs/lobby area is always full of interesting things to see and do love the onsite restaurant Zuma. The staff and concierge are super helpful, overall always an excellent experience .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

that the swimming pool was cloced beacuse of renovation The nice lady in the reception who helped us to download UBER for a cheaper trip til FLL and other from the crew assisted help to Connect WIFI

super nice bed and bathroom, en the balkony was very fine

• King Room with City View

The hotel staff said credit card deposit would be released in 2 business days. Actually it took 10 days without anybody in the hotel answering to the e-mails.

Super view and location

Everything was perfect

When we travel to Miami we always stay at the Epic. It is a great location near plenty of places to eat and shop. Staff are always super friendly, welcoming and efficient. Love the wine tasting in the evening. Pool is kept spotless and staff there are attentive and always keen to help

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

the direction and the personnel did not want to solve a problem with the breakfast offer. I had to call myself booking.com to arrange a solution. 2h lost. two additional breakfasts from two completely unknown individuals were included in our final bill. check it carefully when you leave.

nice continental breakfast with fruits bread milk and coffee included in our offer. everything else jam bacon eggs ... is to pay plus tips to the waiters!

• King Room with City View

Not much to dislike about the hotel. But it would be nice if they could offer complimentary breakfast or something.

This is an awesome hotel. Centrally located with state of the art amenities. The decor is amazing and the staff literally is assisting you as soon as you pull up to the front door, all the way to your room. Reservation Desk Clerk Alex, was so helpful and accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The construction and the cost to valet park your car per night. If I would have know it would have been anothe $100 for valet parking I would have just stayed home. Most expensive staycation ever.

It was nice and clean.

• King Room with Water View

The driveway entrance and exit was horrible and delayed our arrival and exit. It needs to be enlarged ASAP!

Staff was over the top helpful and friendly. Loved their attire!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

we had to wait for approx 40min at the check-In cuz nobody was able to find our booking in the 2 Systems. finally they found it- the way we explained after 5 min

been at the epic a couple of times before. I like that place and style, unfortunately the Performance is gettin worse and worse

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

They should just provide wifi for free rather than obliging people to sign up as a member of the chain to use it.

The room was a good size and the beds were very comfortable. Staff was very helpful.

• King Room with Water View

Ordered a cheese burger from room service. It was very expensive and not nice, found grizzly bits, couldn't finish it.

Large comfortable room. Bathroom has bath and separate shower. Excellent views from the room/balcony. Nice pool and sun deck on the 16th floor. Very close to cruise ship port, that and the view were my reasons for booking and I was not let down.Excellent

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Unfortunately due to Hurricane original hotel not open. We arrived just as hotel reopening. Very accommodating took luggage off us as we arrived. Rooms fantastic large bath to have long soak whilst being able to watch tv in room. Good view of city and bay

• King Room with City View

Bed was a bit saggy but really not to bad, but the sheets needed some fabric softener!

Balcony was awesome! I like outdoor space! So close to lots of things if you were able to walk-Whole Foods 2 blocks over so we enjoyed that!! Staff was FANTASTIC!! Miami has a free Trolley system that will take you to many places!! The Bathroom was so beautiful!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The pool was closed during our stay, it stated under construction, but there was never any work being done that I could see. It rained one night so not a huge deal. The cost to park ($42) is really high and is at times very congested to get out, but I guess this is comparable to the area, other locations nearby were $30. The sliding door to the balcony was heavy and could be difficult to open. Not sure if I just missed it, but it seemed the only way to get into the hotel is up the driveway, no sidewalk. I didn't see any other way for guest of the hotels to enter from the street. Again these things didn't bother us or negatively change our experience as I would stay here again without hesitation.

Location was great. . The room was great, beds comfortable and great spacious bathroom. Bath had seperate tub and shower and a sliding door to seperate the toilet area. In the lobby area they had complimentary coffee in the morning, fruit infused water and had a free happy/wine hour in the lobby as well. Did not check out the spa, restaurants or night club. The staff always very courteous and helpful. The gym was nice as well, spacious and lots of equipment. Like that you needed your room key for the elevator. Nice outdoor dining space on the bay.

• King Room with City View

Price of parking Pool closed for 2 of the 3 days Interconnecting door between us an extremely noisey neighbouring guests. Complimentary coffee luke warm. Tired worn out bedding

Lovely room. Clean and good location. Helpful staff. Amazing resident restaurants. Choice of bath and shower Spa facilities great Art in reception nice feature.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Water View

When I checked in there were just 1 soap, 2 small shampoo and hair conditioner at the bathroom. And amount of guests was 3. I'd love to add shower gel and body lotion. Also I had a small problem with valet parking. Phone in my room didn't work and I couldn't call them in 20 minutes before I needed my car. I was forced to seat outside and wait for my car every time I needed it. On the second day I asked about phone number of parking so I could call them from my cell. Nobody answered this number either. Despite these minor shortcomings my vacation was very nice!

I liked everything! I'm satisfied with the service on 100%. Last year I experienced Area 31 which located on 16th floor of the hotel. I enjoyed the view and kitchen so this time I've decided to book a room at Kimpton Epic Hotel for my vacation. I was so happy to find that room had the same view with the restaurant. Very interesting designed bathroom. We had everything we need in room (from toothbrush to champagne;) and even yoga mat). Last 2 days I didn't leave the hotel at all. Just chilled at swimming pool with very smiley waiters and delicious drinks. In the morning they serve amazing breakfast at Area 31. And whole day you can grab something tasty at the bar on 16th floor.

• King Room with Water View

Overpriced for what it really is. Part of building was under construction so we couldn't use the pool, gym etc. Apart from the room costing $312 the night, valet was $42 (I think it's per day) and anything else you wanted was extra $$$

The room itself was comfy. Bed was great, tv, shower, the balcony with the ocean view was sweet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Room very noisy because there was an interconnection door with another room and you could hear everything like having other people in your room. Beds not as comfortable as you would expect in a hotel of this category and pillows very very uncomfortable. It was incredibly hot and there were barely any umbrellas on the pool deck!

• King Room with City View

Staff was not friendly at all and that I went every were in the hotel asking for a drink and nothing was available until 5 in the afternoon. Also I try otherimg room service for breakfast and they told me they were not doing room service at the moment for breakfast that really upset me if I payed money to stay at a nice hotel I expect to get the service we deserve.

Lunch wasent good at all fries were over cooked also I wanted a drink and nothing in the hostel was available until 5 in the afternoon staff assent friendly enough

• Junior Suite with City View

We evacuated to the epic with 2 dogs after hurricane Irma. The staff was so kind and accommodating. They allowed us to book additional nights as needed at the same rate. The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent.

• King Room with City View

The shower head was spraying water in different directions, I guess due to some being partially clogged. I requested a toothbrush and toothpaste from customer service, but never recieved either.

The hotel is definately a 5 star hotel with the amenities, service and staff to reflect that level, especially considering it has just been affected by a major hurricane.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I checked in to my first room only to find hair all over the bathroom. They changed me to another room. The other room had even more hair on the bathroom and the carpet was very dirty. Manager had to come had to come and see and sent housekeeping to clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The rooms were small. We were not told about the parking ahead of time and were told we'd have to pay more coz it was an oversized vehicle. The phone extensions were not working and when we asked for someone to come look at them no one came. The value for money wasn't satisfactory

The view from the swimming pool was breathtaking.

• King Room with City View

Although pool was usable as indicated during the weekend, the fact that building works are going on during the week could have been hidden much better. deck chairs look like they should have been replaced alread 2-3 Years ago. The area 31 restaurant wasn't clean, and outside area incl bar needs a major redo

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

It was very easy to check in. The property was close to the cruise port. The room us girls had was amazing a huge balcony the bathroom was huge it was big enough for 3 ladies to get ready to go out for the evening

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The pool was closed during our stay, and although transport and access to the South beach hotel was arranged, it was not the experience I had looked forward to, or paid for. We should have been informed ahead of time, allowing us the option to commit, or find alternate accommodations. Disappointing.

very clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The staff that checks you in, is so rude! What made up for it is customer service with ransoms text messaging to make sure you have everything you need!

The hotel was amazing! Great restaurants, awesome pool, amazing view!

• King Room with Water View

Potential Slogan for the hotel - Overpromise and Underdeliver. The hotel is difficult to get to since it is in the heart of the business district. When we arrived, we were told that the pool wasn't open. There was no mention of this beforehand. In order to compensate we were offered a shuttle to a nearby beach and complimentary wine in the lobby from 5pm-6pm. We went to our room to find that we were surrounded by construction everywhere and tons of noise. I went down to try a glass, and I met the Director of Sales. I expressed my displeasure with the hotel up to that point and she asked if she could do anything to help and give her 30 minutes notice and she will take care of it. I tried calling her office and cell phone the next morning at 10:45am, and she didn't pick up. Then, I wrote her an email asking if she could arrange a spa service for me and my wife at 2pm. She called me back at 3:30pm. The valet is super expensive ($40/night), and the attendants are not very good either. They took a lot of time (15-20 mins) in order to get the car each time. Also, I found that there was a scratch on my car. This place is not worth it.

• King Room with City View

The hotel turns into a night club in the evenings (at least on the weekend that we were there) so parking gets a little crazy and there are people everywhere. Personally its not a place I would bring my young boys too, but my wife and I really enjoyed it.

My wife and I absolutely loved the City view from our room! We were on the 20th floor with the pool and Area 31 restaurant right below us. They had loud club music in the evening but hey stopped at 11pm. For us as a couple it was nice to listen to the music and not have to be in the crowds below. We ordered room service while we were there and it was some of the best food we have had, the chef deserves and award at this place. It was great that once we parked at the hotel, everything else was in walking distance. There is even a whole foods grocery store one block over. With the location, the views, and the pampering, you just can't beat this hotel

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The Pool was shut for refurbishment.

Excellent hotel,valet parking so easy,not cheap but hassle free parking,welcome at reception,excellent. Swimming area closed which was a shame as under refurbishment,hotel offered us free cab to swim at there 5* hotel on Miami Beach which was good of them. Complimentary wine and soft drinks in reception 6-7pm super touch and quality to. We had room service which did the trick for us and had a quality breakfast before flying out to Grand Cayman for a weeks rest.Good hotel highly reccomended.

• King Room with City View

Renovations/ construction going on at the hotel.

Free upgrade to a suite as our 1-year anniversary present. The suite including the huge restroom was amazing.

• King Room with City View

I booked king size bedroom but on arrival they gave me double bed room because of availability. If I booked the room in advance and if I couldn't get during my stay then what's the advantage of booking it? I was there for business trip and stayed there for two days. Second day, I came back late from work and found out that the room was not clean. They missed room services for some reason. I was so tired to call for room service late night and was leaving next morning anyway.

• King Room with City View

The linens were very dirty. We asked for new linens on 3 separate occasions and each time there were stains on them.

We were gifted champagne for our wedding anniversary and staff was super friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

We ate at the bar. The food was great. The bartenders were very nice. I left a $20 tip in cash. They charged my card an additional $20 that I didn't authorize. That left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't go back for that reason. It's the principle

The friendliness of staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Great staff and great location. The pool was closed for the day which we were not made aware of until after we checked in. However, they made it up to us with dinner and breakfast!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Some pool acces to relax not just pool party access. We went on a girls trip to relax and the inconvenience of having to go to the sister property was not a highlight of our vacation. Also the elevator kept on breaking and we would have to wait for a long time.

The service was great! Staff was great!

• King Room with Water View

They charge you for literally everything, microwave, mini bar, parking so be careful because they don't specify that in your booking.

Great views, great staff and food.The balconies are also big. Breakfast buffet is $25 a person and Miami does include service charges so be aware of that. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Price was too high for what they provided. Stayed at Hyatt across the street last year and the service was much better.

Room was great business center was not working,

• King Room with Water View

Staff held over $3,000 on our credit and debit cards "by accident" and essentially trapped us in our room for the duration of the trip. They don't honor Booking.com agreements. Beware of their incidentals policy. Just bring cash to be safe. Our stay was awful because of their billing errors.

Rooms were nice.

• King Room with City View

The bed could have been a little more firm but I guess that's a personal problem

The ambience was amazing. Whole building was very clean and welcoming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Water View

Music from bar area all night and very unfriendly dj and rude , language from people at bar unexceptable

Great facility just make sure if you have family to make sure your far away from bar area

Browse Kimpton EPIC Hotel traveller photo gallery