Reviews of Hotel Erwin 4 stars

1697 Pacific Avenue, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA 90291, USA

#61 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Great firat night in the States. Roof Top bar is a great location too
    • Deluxe Single Room

Not only were our requests for an early xheck in and late check out accommodated, we were given breakfast as the room was a different one than booked due to check in request and had a little bit of scaffolding ouside

Surprised at Venice Beach hotel, nicer than I expected.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The lobby was under renovation and the front desk girl forgot to call my taxi, but it was rectified within 15 minutes

We were given a free upgrade to two suites at check in which was a nice surprise. The rooms were modern, clean and super comfortable. Bed linens were nice and great to sleep in after an 8 hour flight. Location is superb and the rooftop bar nice at sunset. Two minute walk to the craziness of Venice Beach in the afternoons, but early morning its a great place to walk and is quiet. Close to airport which is a bonus. Great place to stay overnight between flights to get a taste of California beaches.

The best place to stay for the Venice Beach experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

Incredible location metres away from the Venice sign. Mohit and his team run a super professional and friendly operation making your time at Venice Beach as awesome as possible. Ultra modern facility undergoing renovation with stunning views of Venice Beach, overlooking muscle beach, gym tennis, skatepark area. Rooftop bar is the best late night area in Venice, but if you like to go to bed early try to avoid rooms on the sixth floor.

Location, location, location - it going to cost you money, so I hope you like it like I do!
    • Partial Ocean View Suite

Housekeeping missed a day, but staff took about 10% off our bill at checkout which made up for this. I do not love the cost, but as I said, it is actually fair for this area. The shower pressure and temperature in our room was very weird, but we were able to make this work overall and we did shower every day.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is the perfect location on the beach with all the fun stuff happening. Staff is top notch as well - very friendly and helpful! Housekeeping missed a day and we worked around this - but the staff handled this wonderfully on check out and gave us more than fair compensation for this issue. It is pricey overall. We paid a fortune to stay in a big room with a view and a fortune to park - over $1200 for 3 days including all taxes. We liked it overall and would do it again. The cost is a lot, but quite honestly that is simply the reality for something nice in that area. Relatively speaking the price is fair. We have stayed there many times over the years, but they continue to spruce the rooms a bit. New fun twist in the area - electric scooters that you rent by the minute and can take you anywhere fairly quickly and cheaply.

awesome views & in a prime location
    • King Room with Ocean View

we had everything what we required & hope to return in the near future for a longer stayawesome views

Staff were very pleasant & helpful requested a late check out & they let us keep our room till 1 pm

No breakfast, the one they had could barely be called...

No breakfast, the one they had could barely be called breakfast. No restaurant inside the hotel, construction going on, front desk was temporary, which I understand during constructions, but at least they could offer a disc or upgrade, when you book 2 rooms for 3 days and expect way more at those prices. Moved out a week ago, they still have a hold on my debit card, even though they've already charged it on top of it.

A wonderful look back to the sixties, right now.
    • Partial Ocean View King

The Foyer was under construction, and will look great.

Venice Beach is a nostalgia trip. Blessed with immediate access to a huge beach groomed each day, it is peopled by youth and homeless. Surf and skateboards are the main occupations. Bikes for hire. Beer and food of all types. A busting busy arty community fdull of colour and vibrancy.

Really nice room in Venice Beach
    • Partial Ocean View King

The Restaurant was in construction, so the breakfast was really bad.

The bed was AMAZING! So Comfortable and the pillows were almost like clouds. Definitely one of the best beds I've slept on.

Great Location and Spacious Rooms for Families
    • Partial Ocean View Suite

Didn't love the continental breakfast, but honestly, Egg Slut is right downstairs. You needn't worry about food options.

We stayed in the Partial Ocean View Suite and it was a great size and layout for us, considering we were traveling with a 7-month old baby. We were able to put her down to sleep in our bedroom and hang out in the living/dining area without feeling like we had to walk on eggshells so as not to wake her. The decor is quirky, the location can't be beaten in Venice, and the staff is friendly.

The view was obstructed by works.

The view was obstructed by works. The staff told it to us beforehand with different propositions: discount on the rooftop, another room. Conclusion, very nice staff, excellent stay. The rooftop is a great place!

Had an awesome time with our family! Hotel Erwin was hip and Fun.
    • Partial Ocean View Suite

In the midst of construction, tho it didn't have a huge impact on us. Breakfast not very good, tho it was complimentary.

Beds were comfy. Staff very helpful and responsive. Free bike for the beach.

The stay a Hotel Erwin was fantastic.

I did think the fee ($42.00) to park car over night was a bit steep. It should be lower for the people staying the hotel. The other complaint is you have only elevator. There were times the car was full going up to the roof and we couldn't on.

I like the rooftop bar and seating area. We were able to watch the sun set. The menu was limited but had really good choices. You should probably make reservation.

This hotel could be fantastic if they have a better communication with the customers
    • King Room with Ocean View

I wasn't inform about the renovation (no restaurant). Friday morning at 9:07 AM, bang bang bang, the workers making such a noise that they woke me up every morning during one week...They have offered a complimentary breakfast but only food with sugar (I don't eat sugar)... There was marmalade only the first 3 days and the next four days, they always said : no we don't have any more....what ? You can't find marmalade in L.A. ? I didn't get the room I booked (front beach) and my room (616) has a window without curtain (meaning I have the sun in my room at 6:00 AM). Many people of the staff speak spanish or portuguese, I understand both languages and when you hear vulgar words in the corridor of other customers or of their boss, it doesn't sound good... They have refilled the mini-bar only once in one week. I call the reception at 11:00 in the morning asking to clean my room as I was going out to run and I wanted my room ready after the run. At 3:00 PM, the room wasn't ready.....

The rooms are clean, confortable and orginal. The staff (not all) is very helpful, nice and efficient. The location of the hotel is perfect.

Girls weekend away.

The construction, the lobby was under construction and so the space was so tiny. We weren't warned when we booked and there was no restaurant on site. Also the $42 valet was a bit much.

Location was good, the bed was comfy.

Great for a party if you want a party

There's a long queue of people waiting for access to the rooftop bar. I didn't even try and get up there as it would have been extremely crowded. It's great if you're looking for a party, but I wasn't. The parking is really expensive but I guess it's LA :-)

Staff were awesome, bed comfortable, room clean. If you're looking for a party, this is a good place to be!

People were great!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Add an elevator. With the rooftop lounge ("high") and the amount of non-guests that visit, it's challenging sometimes to just get to your room. If you don't have a reservation for the rooftop, you're out of luck. There are two stand at tables by the bar and 3 small tables by the service area to stand/sit. Hotel guests should have priority for seating, not outside guests, especially since the restaurant is under renovation. Tables are reserved so far in advance too. One of the servers told us that we could sit at a reserved area until the reservation arrives, 2 hours later!!!! Why on earth wouldn't you want to turn the table more times!? Add some more variety for cereal. :D Offer oatmeal?

People were great! Mohit (Mo), Princess, Kayla (rooftop server), valet, door men/women all were very accommodating and pleasant. When you arrive, there are two bottles of water FREE for your consumption. Now that was awesome!!!! Our view was awesome, Room 614. Even though our room was under the rooftop lounge, the music wasn't too loud. Even though we could hear it, it wasn't too bad. Love the valet text. When you arrive, you're asked for your cell #. Whenever you need your car, you just text them and voila, your car is there. :D Great recommendations for places to go for dinner, get nails done, shop, etc. The elevator broke. Had to walk up to the 6th floor. BUT the good news is they had it fixed and running in no time. FREE breakfast consists of bagels (butter, cream cheese, jelly), croissants, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt. Coffee, juice and milk.

Loved the convenience of Hotel Erwin and the colourful people from ALL walks of life in the area.

Unfortunately we were there during a major front lobby and restaurant renovation which in and of itself was okay and we were alerted prior to arrival however that meant paper and plastic cups in the rooms for coffee and beverages. Pretty wasteful and not pleasant to drink from. Exiting the hotel we had to walk through smokers and clouds of cigarette smoke as they huddled around the corner from the entrance... maybe front door staff could direct them away from where guests need to exit.

Staff were really friendly and very accommodating! The view from the rooftop lounge and the lounge itself are fantastic. My 16 year old daughter and I liked the fun, modern hip decor of the rooms.

Noisy, dirty, no amenities apart from the rooftop bar if you can get a seat. Avoid this place.

The hotel was undergoing construction so there were no lobby or communal areas. This was not made clear at the time of booking, only after the cancellation window. It was noisy during the day due to the construction, and then all during the night we were kept awake by a very noisy elevator and people shouting down the halls. Any view was cut off by the construction scaffolding. They put on a complementary continental breakfast which offered nothing I would normally eat - only fattening muffins, bread and sugary cereals.

The roof top bar was a nice option, however, we couldn't get a seat. It was standing room only.

We had a generally comfortable stay. Hotel Erwin was full, and appears to be very popular.

We did not like that there is an open partition between the room and the bathroom. It didn't allow someone to be getting showered and dressed, without shining light on others who were sleeping. The hotel smelled very strongly of weed too, which got old after a while.

The staff is well-trained to make the customer a priority. From the front desk to the valet and everyone in between, everyone was friendly, polite, accommodating, and helpful. The rooms were very clean, too. The hotel is in a good location, a block from the Venice Beach walkway. The roof-top bar is a fun hot spot in Venice. The hotel restaurant was under renovation, so Hotel Erwin served a complimentary Continental breakfast to make up for the inconvenience. There was a safe for your valuables in every room, which was another nice feature.

Very good, hospitable staff and comfortable room - great location.

See below. Also, the maintenance on the elevator was a little loud.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful, with the exception of one person at the front desk whilst I was checking out. I recall his name but won't list it on this forum. He may have been having a bad day but he was a bit short when I asked about the possibility of a later checkout.

Best location in Venice Beach
    • King Room with Ocean View

Ongoing refurbishment of the restaurant not mentioned at the time of the booking, just few days before my stay I received an email from the hotel, but they offered complimentary breakfast. Weather prevented the use of the rooftop bar, shame because the view from there is breath-taking at sunset (can't blame the hotel fo the weather though!)

Great location in Venice Beach, wonderful view, caring staff, very convenient valet parking

I would definitely stay here again!!!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Loved the view from our balcony and being able to step outside from our room. Great location. The valet parking was great & worked like a charm with the app in phone to call for your car. Staff was so helpful & friendly. Absolutely LOVED the rooftop - which had a bar but you could order coffee, small plates. The views were great, comfortable seating nooks. Our room was clean & well laid out.

Great. Convenient. Happy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The parking fee should just come with the hotel charger. There is no need for your guest to pay for parking when they are staying there, especially since there is no long term PARKING around the hotel. The price of the hotel is higher, so it would be nice to just include a flat fee or not charger at all.

I love the location. The staff was friendly. The bed was comfy. Cocktail at check in was GREAT!

It’s a cool hotel but too expansive
    • Partial Ocean View Suite

Their WiFi sucks. For 450$ a night it better be working. The restaurant food is not good and the rooms were really cold.

I loved the room and the location

Loved the roof top lounge amazing view
    • Deluxe Single Room with Balcony

When I called to get bike rentals and told them we were coming and as soon as we come down they rented to someone else knowing we were coming . We were bummed

Loved the roof top lounge amazing view

Lots of noises from pipes etc which kept me awake and although location is excellent to walk everywhere it's on a very busy and noisy road

Cant wait to come back :-)
    • King Room with Ocean View

From start to finish a wonderful experience; from the concierge and front desk welcome on arrival, early check-in availability, welcome hydration water and a complimentary enjoy your stay bottle of wine when returning to the room :-) The Roof-Top Bar is a must not only for the spectacular sunset but for the overall ambience and 360* views after dark... My second trip and will be back again when next in the area...

great stay in Venice
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

it´s was great to stay at Erwin the staff there is so great and helpful and always in a great mood :) top score. great location and overall great hotel

Perfection.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

Everything about the property was perfect. The location and the staff were the highlights for us. They really made us feel welcome the entire time we were there.

I would book again!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Upon arrival, staff put us in an "upgraded" room but without the view and balcony that we specifically booked. Also on our very last morning we found out there were complimentary bikes!! Maybe our own fault for not researching but disappointing nonetheless.

Location from boardwalk awesome!view awesome when we finally got the room we had booked!

Great location, would stay again!

Only downside was that we had 4 people sharing a room and housekeeping did not stock enough towels and didn't clean/tidy the room very well after the first night (our garbage & recycling bins were constantly full and instead of helping us clear out empty water bottles, cans, etc. or providing an extra recycling bag, housekeeping just left the empties in the room).

Quiet rooms despite being next door to several late-night bars. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Valet was very fast. All the staff we met were friendly and super helpful. Appreciated the nice welcome drinks upon check-in. Borrowed bicycles from the hotel which were in good condition and came equipped with bike locks. Rooftop bar was busiest during sunset but was pretty empty the rest of the evenings. Loved the location, felt safe walking in the neighbourhood late-night and very early morning.

A violation of my human rights. A 100% service connected disabled veteran protected under the ADA
    • King Room with Ocean View

Being physically threatened by the hotel staff and security. Being forced to leave after I filled a nose complaint.

Horrible Staff, Security, Front Desk. All staff were very combative, rude, and threatening to their guest. I would never stay there again. They also steal your money and property and then blame you.

Worked well for our purposes.

The ADA rooms need to be improved. Only one king bed (needs to be lower to the ground) and no sofa/couch. Staff not very knowledgable when I made phone calls to confirm room requirements. The hotel is in a busy area so noise and traffic can be a bother.

Right off of the Venice Beach Boardwalk. The rooftop bar (make reservations) has 360 degree view of LA. Nice rooms. Bed was comfy. Staff was very accommodating.

Truly amazing all around
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Finding a good selection of food within walking distance was our only issue , shark bite and egg slut for breakfast were great lots of taco and poke places for lunch but a good dinner was a cab ride or longish walk to abbot Kinney Washington or towards Santa Monica ... also lots of homeless people on the boardwalk was sad .. but everyone we met was super friendly and fun

Bed was amazing one room suite was huge staff were fun friendly and helpful , rooftop bar was insanely beautiful felt like we were in a movie and free bikes to cruise the boardwalk

Excellent staff and great hotel
    • King Room with Ocean View

There are no drawers in the room, although plenty hanging space in the wardrobe . You may have to put up with Lots of people at the lift wanting to go to the rooftop bar who all congregate in the lobby.

Excellent staff , great bed and shower . Best location opposite the beach .

Excellent stay at the Erwin
    • King Room with Ocean View

We had an excellent stay at the Erwin Hotel . Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfy and the room and hotel was spotless. The area was very interesting , lots to see and do . The beach is beautiful. Miles of stunning sand and ocean. I would highly recommend The Erwin Hotel for a visit to Venice Beach . I can't wait to go back!

A cool spot in the heart of Venice Beach
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Important thing: by night the Venice Beach Broadwalk is own by homeless people so just don't be surprise, the atmosphere changes a little from day time. Knowing it, we didn't "stroll around" venice after the sunset and so we never felt unsafe in the area.

The area is fantastic if you stay few days in Venice - Santa Monica - Abott Kiney - Marina Del Rey and you don't want necessarily to rent a car. We really enjoy our stay in our suite and found some amazing shops & coffee places close to the Hotel (Main st.). The hotel service is very enjoyable, the rooftop is really a plus and we loved our bike trip, provided by the hotel, to reach Santa Monica Pier.

Fantastic location and staff!

The wifi didn't work in our room particularly well and the shower was pretty weak. Neither were things which impacted our stay necessarily, the plus point massively outweigh the negatives.

The staff and location are without doubt the two best attributes of this hotel. Firstly, the staff are very friendly and willing to help, even offering us a free cocktail in the lobby upon arrival. Even when passing staff in the corridors they are very friendly! The location speaks for itself - simply the best spot on the West coast.

I'd definitely stay here again!!
    • Partial Ocean View King

The music played in the hallways was quite loud at night, I wish they would turn it off during sleeping hours.

The hotel was amazing, so clean and comfortable, and in an amazing location. The beaches were close by and they had complimentary bikes at the hotel which was great!

Great option to stay at Venice Beach
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

Fantastic hotel in front of the beach at Venice Beach. Very clean. On the rooftop there is a terrace that is worth visiting. The best of all is the service of the people in reception, in particular Miguel. His kindness and professionalism made our stay much more comfortable.

The hotel is right next to the beach.

The rooms are small and the hotel was music playing in the hallways all night, had to use earplugs because of it.

The hotel is right next to the beach.

It was a great location and wouldn't mind coming back to room with them!
    • Deluxe Single Room

Because of the rooftop bar, it was a little more crowded at night than expected so a bit more privacy would have been nice.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We loved how close of a walk it was to the beach!

Great stay, would recommend!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

No plates, mugs, hair dryer or cutlery in room, luckily lots of great eateries close by, and dissappointingly no city view as promised when booked. 🙁

Location, room size, roof top bar, cleanliness, comfortable, very friendly staff and cool vibe

Wonderful hotel, great location, excellent service, large suite for family, great view
    • Partial Ocean View Suite

Wonderful staff, great location, excellent service, large suite perfect for family of 4 to 5, nice balcony terrace with sea view, perfect hotel. Special thanks to Princess who took great care of us upon arrival.

You are in Venice Beach, almost with the feet in the ocean.
    • Partial Ocean View King

Ocean view, was also a view on the rear of a restaurant (a bit noisy during the night). Breakfast is expensive and not really amazing. Just one lift for the whole hotel, and it was always crowded. A nice place to stay, but it is way too expensive for what it offers (even if you are in Venice Beach).

You are in Venice Beach, almost with the feet in the ocean. Rooms are lovely designed.

Amazing

Nothing I could fault ..

The hotel is a boutique style hotel, well maintained and staff are very friendly and professional ..the location of the hotel is great as it's close to Venice beach and boardwalk..

Good location, comfy beds, a bit pricey - but excellent staff!

The rooftop bar was packed and it took too long to order drinks and appetizers. Reserve a table and arrive before 6 pm if you want to enjoy the sunset. There was some construction on the building, but we were not disturbed by it. The room was expensive (400 USD) for a standard double, in my opinion.

The beds were extra comfy with wonderfully soft bedding. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They loaned us beach towels, beach chairs and a boogie board for the beach. They recommended the organic mexican restaurant nearby which exceeded our expectations- try the tamales. The rooftop bar was a great place to watch the sunset and had tasty sliders for appetizers.

High quality hotel in the very center of Venice.

All disadvantages are well known: - Only one elevator which causes long waits in the evening when more people come to visit the rooftop bar - Although rooftop bar closes on time and causes no trouble, there are still some surrounding noise makers that make their way through the windows. - Valet parking seems expensive. However, it is worth to mention that public parking lot across the street wanted to charge almost same amount for the night - I would recommend to put couple of rugs in the rooms as the tiles are cold and slippers were missing.

Good location Spacious nicely fitted out rooms Reception was more than welcoming and provided extra support which was extremely appreciated!!!

Ten out of ten for our USA vacation finale.

Genuinely couldn't fault the place. The roof top bar wasn't our scene but worth going up to for the beach view.

An amazing position and we found it better quality than similarly priced hotel we had previously stayed in.. larger room with air conditioning and coffee making. Very comfortable beds! Staff were super friendly and free use of good bicycles.

Location is excellent if you are going for beach time (which...

I don't see how it can be helped, but the lobby is very small, and there is no common area space to hang out in. So when you are just waiting for a ride or deciding a plan, you must do so from your room or stand at the curb. It would be nice to have vending machines or a little store you can buy drinks / snacks from! Right there on the property.

Location is excellent if you are going for beach time (which we were). Staff were all very friendly, accommodating. Property was very clean and updated. Either we roomed next to very quiet people, or the walls are thick enough because I didn't hear my neighbors. We got great sleep! Beds were comfy.

Fantastic, Cool vibe
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Missed a pool as my youngest doesn't like the beach, but that was not anything to get gloomy over..

Hotel Erwin is a pearl in Venice Beach. The hotel is fresh modern and has a great vibe. Personnel is friendly and unbelievable service minded. The rooms we had ( we booked two different ones were incredible cool! If it is free book the luxe suite!! With a separate living room and kitchen. Breakfast is outstanding!! Behind the hotel is muscle beach so a gym or pool will bot be missed. The hotel is situated in an area where everything is in walkin distance but for the lazy ones bikes are for free in the hotel. Walk to Abbot Kinney in 10 minutes, or Main street Santa Monica 30 min. The rooftop bar has a great view!!! Loved everything about the hotel! Will be back for sure!!!!

Awesome
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Did not like 1 elevator need another had to take stair well a lot because of roof top bar. They need a separate entrance for the roof top bar for none guest.

The staff were off the charts great, helpful,willing to go the extra mile

Great beach location, wonderful

The staff was amazing. The hotel lends bicycles, which is really wonderful to ride the bicycle lane along the beach, right up to Santa Monica. The rooftop bar has an amazing view, and made our stay even more memorable. The proximity to Venice Beach is quite an advantage!

Loved the pillows.
    • Partial Ocean View King

Hated $42 for parking and very expensive wifi.

Loved the pillows. Loved the location. Loved the rooftop bar. Lived Eggslut restaurant for breakfast downstairs.

I am very glad I booked with Hotel Erwin
    • Partial Ocean View King

I did not like when we went up to the top bar we were not able to get a seat

The staff was very friendly and always made sure we were comfortable. Probably one of the best staffs in a hotel I have ever met

Over priced hotel next to great beach.
    • Partial Ocean View King

Air conditioner in room never need really cooled. One elevator for entire hotel long wait times. Barn door to bathroom fell off track.

Location next to beach. Miguel at front desk was very hospitable.

Great weekend stay... the room and location were fun, comfortable and clean.
    • Partial Ocean View King

Staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are great and very homey. Definitely the place to stay for a cool weekend getaway/break. Walking distance from tons of places to eat, drink and find some entertainment on the street. The rooftop bar is also a good place to mix and mingle, if you're into that.

Erwin exceeds expectations
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Only wish my balcony was a little bigger to enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean!

The staff was amazing! Always greeted us and opened the doors, sent up requested items promptly and let my teenage sons up to the rooftop patio to enjoy until sunset. The front desk was always staffed and everyone was super friendly The room was fantastic, pullout couch for my son to sleep, dining area for us, super comfy king size bed and the toiletries were excellent quality. It was helpful to have bike rentals right on site as well as discounted rentals just around the corner. Close proximity to great breakfast places, Larrys for dinner and nightlife. Short walk to beach and ocean.

Once was enough.

High cost valet parking for guests. No complimentary snacks or available vending machines in the building-only pay selection snacks in room. View from window in room was black plastic tarp over a construction area. Only one elevator for all guests, but the operator did make a point of trying to accommodate the paying hotel guests ahead of others going to party on the roof top lounge.

Walking distance to beach, hotel security. Staff seemed professional and courteous.

Great Spot but over-priced

The headline price on Booking.com looked high but just about OK. However, when tax and car parking were added, the price was too high for this standard of hotel.

Fabulous view from the rooftop bar and free bike hire although limited in number.

Would stay here again
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

We requested a rollaway bed that never arrived. Also, we stayed for an entire week, the daily cleaning of the room seemed to decline as the week progressed. Dishes were left in the sink and not cleaned and vacuuming was not done.

The staff was very nice, room was spacious and location was very close to dining, beach and boardwalk.

Lovely stay
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Breakfast area not so nice, a lot of dirty tables. No GYM and pool.

Very clean and comfortable room. Very helpful stuff. You can take a bicycle at reception, that's nice. Lovely rooftop, as guest you can get table almost without line. Good location.

Perfect location but price is high

Parking very expensive (42$/night). We parked for free several times in the streets near the hotel (including July 4th). Only one elevator at the reception so you must wait long some times.

Excellent location in front of the beach and near restaurants. Also the terrace at the roof.

Cool and Crisp - Right in the Mix
    • King Room with Ocean View

Nice but pricey Poor sound insulation Pool would be nice ideally

Cool location right in the mix within Venice Beach, which means lots of music, parties and a crowd wanting to make the most of any weekend. Irritatingly however, the sound from the roof terrace permeated the entire 6th floor until midnight, so be aware (pregnant wife meant we couldn't enjoy the drinks on the terrace and make the most of the party vibe - it was also booked out so standing room only, even for guests). No pool but great location close enough to the beach but away from some of the crazy on there. Modern, sleek finish to the hotel was appreciated. Parking is an issue locally, which means hotel valet is the best option, but it does not come cheap at $42. Staff were great throughout, however terrace reservations were on the border of snooty.

Have fun at the rooftop bar, but don't stay overnight.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The price was insane compared to the actual room. Yes, we had a great view but still, it wasnt worth the money at all. If I pay that much I expect I can smoke a cigarette on the balcony but no, we had some security guy tell us off. Secondly, the check in was kinda messy. We had numerous credit cards the hotel did not accept and they were not very accommodating finding a solution for our 'problem'. I would have expected better service. Also considering the money we paid. Thirdly, when you pay a ridiculous amount of money for a hotel room, you would expect not to have to pay more than 50$ to park your car. So yes, it was rather disappointing and I will most surely stay in an AIRBNB next time I want to spend time at Venice beach.

The location is great. You're right on the beach and in the craziness called Venice. This is super cool especially when you don't have that much time (like we did). The hotel rooftop bar is great too

Relax at Venice with Edward!
    • Partial Ocean View King

Other guests who had their noisy children up at 7.30 on a sat morning, running n shouting in the hallway. No fault of the hotel. Party area, but all quiets down at midnight. So good nights sleep otherwise.

The accomodating and friendly staff. The large size rooms with terrace and the good view/ from my higher floor room. Great shower n coffeemaker in room. Towels and beach stuff readily available at frontdesk.

Great place to stay in Venice

Parking 42$ per night in hotel garage. Only 2 bottles of complimentary water in the room on the first night and not replaced??

Fantastic location, rooftop bar, free bikes.,

Modern, clean and hip hotel
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

We had a remodel outside our room and we Couldn't see out our window and had no natural light at all Still they didn't tell us this before we arrived and the rate was very highly anyway

Modern, clean and hip hotel

Great location, but overpriced

Wouldn't recommend the rooms for families with small kids. The back window of half the building is a slider onto a stairwell. Parking is valet only and its $42 per day without tips. Venice is funky, but it doesn't merit the prices charged. Dinner on property for 1 adult, 1 child would run about $70. You can grab pizza for 2 around the corner for 15.

The beds were very comfortable, staff were friendly.

If you're here for only one day, its a great choice!

I didn't like the price of valet but there is public parking nearby

It was the most ideal place to stay on Venice Beach but you pay for the location. Its right by the famous basketball courts. Even though I got there too late to enjoy rooftop bar, that looked so scenic!

Not great for kids

I was traveling with 2 teenage boys. We thought we would be able to use the rooftop in the evenings. Sadly we weren't and there was no sitting area other than on the beds. I would have loved an area where we could sit outside

the staff was extremely friendly and we were just a minute from the boardwalk.

Designer style poorly equipped.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Although the confirmation stated that there was a kitchen there was none, only a wet bar. The room was very poorly equipped with glasses, cutlery, kitchen appliances and utensils. There was not even a microwave which even the cheapest motels now offer.

Location next to the beach; comfortable furniture

Great staff and great location
    • Partial Ocean View King

the only thing that I could fault was the hotel had a number of mix ups with food that we ordered - bringing room service but not knives and forks, wrong breakfasts, long wait times. This was the restaurant Barlo rather than the hotel staff but meant that they had to comp us our food and therefore must have lost money. I must say all issues were resolved very quickly and we were very impressed with the hotel staff

this was our honeymoon and we were made to feel very welcome by all hotel staff. Amazing rooftop with amazing views and cocktails+ hotel guests get precedent

Great location, fun place, great food!

Parking price is ridiculous!

Great location, very cool rooftop bar, hipster place! Food was excellent, in fact made me want to stay here just because it's that good!

Location is great.
    • King Room with Ocean View

1 Elevator was slow for transport. parking was expensive price not listed till you got there.

Location is great. Good view of the scene from the rooftop lounge. Staff is accommodating and friendly.

Browse Hotel Erwin traveller photo gallery