Reviews of Ethan Allen Hotel 4 stars

21 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, CT 06811, USA

#6 of 15 hotels in Danbury

• King Suite

Not a particularly scenic area so if you are looking for a bucolic setting this wouldn't be the place.

The staff here is very helpful and friendly at the front desk and in the restaurant and bar. The location is good and accessible to highways, restaurants, and shopping.

Well we had around 10 separate rooms for a Funrel...& 1/2 our party had Free Breakfast & 1/2 didn't. Front Desk explained this away due to the way the rooms where book?!? "Because we used a 3rd Party Vendor." Also our pet friendly room SMELLED!

• King Suite

Electrical outlets were in akward places if you want to plug in laptops and sit on couch. It also would have been nice to have a microwave.

Extremely friendly staff, especially bartender at the lake 21 restraunt. Room was well-maintained and was bigger than expected.

• Double Suites

We have no complaints, and would happily stay here again.

We did not have the breakfast, but we had dinner on site twice. Meals were excellent and service was very good. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. A minor problem was solved quickly and with a smile. The staff members were efficient and friendly.

• Double Suites

My kids were disappointed that there wasn't an indoor pool. There was also a fraternity gathering at the hotel, and the guests after-partied well into the night in the room next door to us, keeping the kids up. When we alerted the front desk it was handled immediately, however it was extremely disruptive to be hearing loud wall-shaking bass at midnight when we had a basketball tournament the next morning and the kids needed their rest.

The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to area attractions.

• Deluxe King Suite

Check in staff are not very friendly all people should be treated equal!!! The showers were difficult to use and cold. Restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly.

Lake 21 restaurant

• King Suite

Wish they would have more electrical oulets and usb's chargers. The sheets had an old smell. they smelled somewhat dirty.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfy. Clean room.

Booking.com listed this Quality Inn as a 3 star property. Not a chance. 2 stars at best. It's just an old motel. I actually drove past it thinking there was no way this was it. And when I did get here I rechecked booking.com to make certain I hadn't made an error and booked a different property by mistake. Exterior entrances to rooms, not hallways. Everything about room and property is just MEH. Lots of trucks, so i imagine lots of truckers. As i write this i am listening to someone rev their motorcycle in the parking lot Noisy outdoor cowboy bar across from entrance. Had I known any of this I would have either booked a different 2 star property for a LOT less or booked an ACTUAL 3 star property for just about this price. First time I have been this misled by a Booking.com listing.

Not much.

• King Suite

not bad but a bit outdated bed wasn't too comfortable . Brunch really expensive and it didn't warrant the buffet they had

boutique hotel nice staff

• King Suite

was handed key, and with tax room was 115.00, I was charged incidental fee, and was never told about it? When will that be credited back to my card the receipt I got this morning was $115

easy availability

• King Suite

No Scenic view from the hotel, youre either lookong at the highway outfront, or the pool and gazebo in the back.

The 21 restaurant located on the 1st floor was amazing, the ambiance and staff was great. But the food was by far the best, that was the best salmon I've ever had in my life. The room was clean and neat and less than 10 mins away is a mall with all types of restaurants and stores. I would definitely recommend.

First room had toilet that didn’t work, then moved again-windows leaked cold air, bugs, shower had grout running down

Staff very accommodating, food good,last room we stayed in was ideal

Staff wasn’t particularly friendly Some of furniture in room was dated Not much of interest in immediate area Thin walls - heard too much of neighboring room’s “activities”

Clean Nice furnishing style Very comfortable beds Very good shower/water pressure

• King Suite

The hotel is beautiful; staff was very friendly; room was very cozy and quiet; room service was yummy; and it snowed pretty badly before I left and the plow guy got as close as he could to my car to make my way out easier. I needed some light bulbs changed in my room when I first arrived and the handy man came up immediately and was super nice. They made my stressful reason for staying there less stressful. I would definitely come back!

• King Suite

The hotel was quiet, clean, and the bed very comfortable. It was great to have a living area and the bedroom. I will stay here again when I am in the area and have already recommended it to other friends.

• King Suite

The security guard banged on our door at midnight for some unknown reason. Apparently he got the room number wrong. Called to front desk to confirm that they knew what the guard was doing and they confirmed. No apology for the abrupt wake up. The front desk staff did their jobs but little else. Considering the upscale nature of the hotel, a more responsive face to the public would have given balance to the experience.

Convenient location, cleanliness, excellent breakfast, updated and elegant appearance.

I had a confirmed reservation for 2 nights through Booking.com. I received a phone call from the Ethan Allen hotel saying they could not accommodate me. They had made me a reservation for only one night in another town, farther away. I scrambled to find another Danbury hotel with success. I will never book the Ethan Allen hotel again!

• Double Suites

No fault of hotel; many utility companies staying there too and between 8 and 11 pm they were entering the hotel parking lot just outside of our room. Loud trucks and they were each using backup beeping to park. It was horrible and loud, but happy they were in area with most of out towns without power.

Stayed due to power outage and hotel packed. Staff was friendly and accomadating!

• Double Suites

The only thing I would need to say here is that the shower switch was very hard to pull. Not a big deal and something that could probably be easily fixed.

I really enjoyed the clean & spacious room, the refrigerator and coffee maker. The beds were compfy too. Overall the room was very nice. I also enjoyed the very nice in house restaurant and bar. The food was great! I had the pot pie which was very good.

I did not like that there was no free breakfast. As much as the hotel costs per night, a free breakfast would have put this hotel over the top in meeting and exceeding all expectations!

• King Suite

I JUST WASN'T HAPPY THAT I WAS ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND SO CLOSE TO THE PARKING LOT

THE BED WAS SO NICE AND COMFORATABLE. I LITERALLY HAD THE BEST SLEEP EVER.

• King Suite

There is nothing we didn’t like.

We stay at the Ethan Allen once or twice a year for the past 6 years. The friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and gym, the restaurant and bar, and the beautiful decor make this place an excellent place to stay.

No complaints

The beds were very comfortable and the staff extremely friendly. Our breakfast hostess Sahar was a pleasure and couldn’t do enough to make us feel welcome and her service was excellent! Breakfast included a very good range of choices.

The staff far exceeded my expectations. After long difficult days at work it was a pleasure to return to the hotel and be greeted with warmth and kindness from the staff. Thank you to Kim who was a bright light on a difficult day.

We could hear a lot of noise from our room, maybe as it was close to exit and ice machine. Doors banging made it really hard to sleep. The carpet in front of the mini bar was wet, when I tried to dry it with a towel it came out really dirt. Mattress was well too soft, made me jump every time my husband would turn... not coming back.

Good location and friendly staff

• King Suite

The shower curtain should’ve had the curved bar to give more room in the bathtub so the curtain didn’t keep sticking to my body

The room was a good size the bed was comfortable accommodations are cleaning breakfast at the restaurant was excellent

• King Suite

TV Remotes need to either have batteries changed or it needed to be inane exact place.

Nice rooms, clean, beds comfortable. Very accommodating staff. Easy location from highway. Good places to eat in local area. Room service was fast and food was good.

• King Suite

We stayed in a King suite- which had 2 rooms. The room with the sitting area closer to the door could have been better lite.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. The room was perfect and the bed were exceptionally comfortable. Would absolutely stay there again if visiting the area.

Could have used an Extra blanket for the bed,have seen better quality bath soaps etc elsewhere.

The restaurant staff is very attentive and the front desk receptionist at 4 am had a great personality.

• King Suite

A better price was available but Booking.com was not able to switch the rate. The hotel's internet gave unusual warnings about invalid secure certificates. A VPN did not work.

Prompt service from house keeping. Plenty of parking.

• King Suite

Although it is a great place for weddings or big events the receptions are held in the lobby as a patron I walked right through the middle of the festivities to get to the elevator I'm sure this has got to be uncomfortable for the party goers as well as the guests I stayed for two nights & each night there were two weddings. There should be someone informing the guests to use a separate entrance in order to avoid walking through the lobby.

I live near this location & I often drive by. I was pleasantly surprised in how beautiful this hotel was inside the rooms are comfortable & clean. The price was also surprisingly affordable. The pool was really relaxing & almost in a private location which I enjoyed. They also have fresh baked cookies in the lobby which I really enjoyed after just having dinner. I will definitely stay here again & recommend it to my friends & family.

We loved being here the hotel was perfect, the price was amazing! The food was fantastic, the gym was perfect the pool was so nice to lay around and the gardens were beautiful! I can't wait for more of these to pop up

The beds were super comfortable. Some rooms face the street and the street noise was audible, but was not a problem. If noise is an issue for you ask for a room that faces the rear of the property. Staff was very helpful at at 2 am arrival. Very clean property!

• King Suite

No fan in the bathroom, brunch quite pricey.

Excellent hotel with a great staff. Every staff member we encountered had a big smile and greeted us. Comfy furniture and great design. Complimentary laundry on site was an added plus. Beautiful grounds central to many lications. Great brunch, full breakfast as well as plenty of lunch offerings. Dinner offered, though we can't speak to that. Workout room decently stocked with tv and water. Definitely will stay again. Check in and out in 5 minutes. Plenty of parking.

See above.

Nice facility and our room was very nice. The mattress however was very uncomfortable and is the May reason we are disappointed in our stay.

Pool was not open at 9. I went to the front desk by 9:30 to ask if the pool could be unlocked. I was in a room where you could see the pool where I saw three other people try to use the pool. Check out was at 11 and I was not able to use the pool on the morning of my birthday. There was black hairs in the bath tub (I have blonde hair). I do not think I will be staying at Ethan Allen again.

The pillows were like a dream

• King Suite

No free breakfast. The hotel breakfast is overpriced for what it is.

Hotel is was convenient for our purpose. The pool is small and the patio area is a bit worn. If you look past this the hotel provides a great value.

Hours of the pool at night. No jacuzzi by pool area. Buffet breakfast was pedestrian and unimpressive. Inconvenient that on the weekend the dining room stopped serving and was closed at at 10:30a.m. - the staff was very lovely, gracious and accommodating, though.

The staff was friendly, outgoing, gracious and accommodating. Made to feel most welcome. The facilities were impeccably clean and attractive and pleasing to the eye. They were quite considerate of all their guests as it was July 4th weekend and the town fireworks were going off. They wanted to insure their guests safety and that there was ample access for perfect viewing. I ordered off the menu for breakfast - my frittata was delicious and hot, just the way I like it. My daughter was craving chocolate chip pancakes, and the chef kindly prepared them. We needed a last minute place to crash on our way up to her school. I was surprisingly pleased and would definitely return. Convenient and lots to do nearby.

• Deluxe King Suite

There's always room for improvements.. But we were very happy with our stay.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The space was very stylish. Made us think of upgrading to Ethan Allen furniture! Our view from our window was excellent! Love the mountains. I can't wait to go back!!

• Double Suites

Wifi is very poor. The Iron in the room is dirty. I know that visitors messed up the iron, someone can check it before moving in next customer

Front desk staff is very food

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

paying extra for breakfast. Other hotels in your area are competitively priced and include the same hot breakfast

very easy to get to, incredibly friendly staff

• Double Suites

Minor observation. The morning person, however, just grunted at us when we dropped off our signed paperwork and room keys at 8:00 AM, even though we gave her a greeting and said "Have a nice day!"

Great location! Rooms ares spacious and clean. We are repeat customers. The staff at check in was pleasant and even offered to suggest places for dinner if we didn't eat on site. Will stay here again next year when we return.

My room was convenient to stairs, but s LONG walk from elevator ... I had a very late check in and was dodging (rather inebriated) wedding guests.

Convenient to highway, beautifully appointed

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

there was no indoor pool

We were attending a wedding. The wedding was beautiful, we had a lot of fun to celebrate. The buffet breakfast the next day had a lot of choices and was very delicious. the staff was very attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The room, dinner, breakfast, and service were all amazing. The restaurant staff could not have been any nicer. Would highly recommend to anyone needing a comfortable & quiet hotel in the Danbury area.

We chose to stay at the Ethan Allen for our last two nights in CT because we had stayed here before and had enjoyed the comfortable room & beds. We were pleased to find that all was the same as before excellent accomodation.

The room locations in relation to the stairs could be better marked I had to run around some until I became familiar with the layout. In this case the stairs could indicate what rooms above are near those stairs or elevator.

Staff did not realize I was there with local BI firm. They helped and extended me the courtesy of this companies agreement with the hotel. Restaurant was good and convenient so we didn't have to drive again to eat. Very nice atmosphere.

We stayed at Ethan Allan for a wedding. The wedding itself was great and then to make it even better there was an after party at the bar in the hotel and we all stayed overnight. The ballroom the wedding was in was very nice. The bar in hotel was fun, they had a dj in the bar so everyone was dancing, it was like the wedding didn't end, just moved from ballroom to bar. And it was nice to stay in a clean and comfy room after having partied at the wedding and bar. We ended up requesting late check out which they were able to accommodate us with. Staff was friendly and hotel was clean. Beds in rooms were comfy, room had a fridge to store our beverages and bathroom was nice and spacious. We found parking to be great and our room was near everything. The ballroom and the bar were right there so that was cool. Would definitely recommend the hotel and would even have an event there myself.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Charged extra and was not told up front about this. When I asked, the clerk then told me it would come off the next day, it took three days. Not good.

Classy place and very comfortable. A bit pricy but it was worth it.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Better directions on how to get to my room. Bathroom floor and other areas of the bathroom looked worn and in need of replacement and it didn't look as if the bathroom floor had been cleaned at least since the last guest. Therefore, I didn't bother to shower at the hotel.

Frankly, I was so exhausted, I didn't notice much. I did sleep like the dead, so the bed must have been very comfortable since I have very bad back problems. I really liked the extra pillows.

bed was too bouncy getting in and out and turning heat blower blew some cooler air so it felt drafty even though we set temp up tub plug had to be removed because it was filling up during shower towels a bit rough-could have been newer and fluffier

staff super nice catering and wait staff fantastic

Parking was limited because there was a wedding going on at the hotel while we were staying there, and free breakfast would have been nice but other than that I have no complaints.

This hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable, and the staff at the front desk was very friendly. We got this hotel for a great price for two nights and it is in a great location.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

I have no complaints.

The room was excellently appointed and comfortable. I appreciated the accurate HVAC system -- it always stayed as cool or warm as I set the thermostat to (in many hotels where I've stayed, this was not the case!).

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• King Suite

The room was the size of the bed. UNSANITARY!!!!Brown water came up through the drain of the shower in the morning. I told the staff and they didn't even apologise or check into it.

It was quiet

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Double Suites

The staff - we asked for a 1pm checkout and they advised us that they could only do 12:30 which was only 30 minutes extra. Poor customer service.

The hotel was decorated nicely and everything seem modern.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double Suites

Extremely helpful and friendly staff!! Even when there was a technical malfunction with my credit cards, they did everything to help and accommodate me till the problem was solved in the morning! The most comfortable bed I slept in on my 3 week trip up and down the east coast!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Unable to work the television, when we called the desk we were told to unplug and re plug in, no success, maybe you need instructions on how to operate the control for tv

The size of the room and especially liked the separate sitting area, ,very nice layout

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• King Suite

Toilet wasn't flushing down completely. Called before we went out to dinner. Came back and wasn't fixed. Called again and then it was fixed.

• King Suite

staff not very friendly. Room was not ready and got a it’s only 2:15 response come back at 3pm , instead of saying why don’t you have a seat in the lobby area and I will let you when it ready.

clean rooms -

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe King Suite

The ladies in the bar/restaurant, Mary and Linda were incredibly nice and attentive, made it a great evening! This is the place to stay period! Great value, great people!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe King Suite

Workout room is in basement next to staff Landry and entrance. Felt like we were working out next to the time clock.

Liked the furniture and amenities. The room was small and the place seemed old. Room was small for the King Suite we paid for. Had breakfast in the room. Too much unripe Mellon :(

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The buffet breakfast was disappointing - fruit was not ripe, so inedible; little choice in yogurts - but eggs were decent. My room was an adjoining one, so I could hear easily conversations in the next room unfortunately.

The bed was comfy and the room fine, except that my food I placed in the frig froze because the thermostat was broken.

The staff was very attentive to our requests during our 5 night stay. Restaurant service staff at breakfast and Gina and Jackie at dinner, made dining a pleasure. Room clean and bed comfortable. Hotel beautifully furnished.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Check in took longer than normal. I was not greeted upon arrival, and getting booked into a room took about 10-15 minutes. I kept asking if there was a problem, but did not get a straight answer. The hotel was booked, but I am not sure what the issue was. I did think I would be bumped while I waited.

Very nicely appointed rooms. Updated decor. All well done.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Suite

I do get how when things are busy the staff can be overwhelmed. Check in is at 3 p.m. , we arrived a little before 4. p.m. and room was not ready. The front desk person was cold and not sympathetic, she said "I can't give you a time when the room will be ready." It's well after check in you should be able to give me a n approximate time, if not at least be kinder and "hospitable". A little off putting for the first person you meet at the hotel of your stay. We, my family, came for business and plan on doing more business in the area. Pictures of a hotel, can never tell you about how the staff will treat you.

I stayed in a King Suite, with a sofa bed. I love that there was a wall separating the bedroom from the room with sofa bed. Rooms were well cared for.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Room service although courteous food was disgusting. Too salty and char-burned taste chicken caprese sandwich. Hallways looked a bit dingy and had an odor. No indoor pool and outdoor pool was terribly small.

Bed was comfy and overall bathroom was stocked and clean.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Patty wasn't very friendly and made me feel very uncomfortable about needing an early check in 8am.

Food and room great. Steve at the front desk is always accommodating.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Suite

Outside Danbury so could not explore the town on foot. It is marketed as in the town. The shower is an old fitting and difficult to use. The swimming pool is small and the pool towels are tiny.

Comfortable bed in a good size suite.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Suite

Elevator terribly inadequate. Handicapped person we traveled with (separate room) was assigned a room almost exactly above the reception desk, which required him to walk a considerable distance to the elevator, and then walk almost a full circle around the 2nd floor to get to his room (using a walker). Handicapped should be assigned rooms close to the elevator.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe King Suite

Front desk staff made me feel as though checking me in was a chore and THEN I had to go back and get the room I ordered.

Excellent room in a well maintained hotel. VERY comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

No continental breakfast available. No coffee or beverages given upon arrival or during the stay. We had purchased ice cream before we returned to our room and realized we had no spoons. We asked if someone could deliver 2 spoons to our room as we were already in our nite clothes but we're told we'd have to go to the bar to get them. Sometimes it's just the little things that would make me return to a hotel or give a better rating. I

Room very comfortable. Pretty quiet despite the fact we were across from ice machine.

The bathroom was weird

Easy access, elegant decor

Tiny bathroom

Checked in late and desk person was very helpful. Room was clean and serviceable.

• King Suite

The king suite was perfect. The bed was extremely comfortable. The Sunday brunch was amazing. We are definitely coming back.

Browse Ethan Allen Hotel traveller photo gallery