Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Woodbury Long Island 2.3 stars

8030 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Woodbury

I wish I had paid $30 more a night and stayed at another hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't very clean. I found an old sock and a wrapper for some ladies under wear on the floor. The carpets need to be steam cleaned. Nothing feels worse than walking around on dirty carpets in bare feet. The rooms were stuffy. We had to run the air conditioners when we were there as it was hot but when we got back we had to leave the door to the room open foe a long while to help move the air around. Lastly, the fan in the bathroom was super loud. I mean the cost between a loud fan and one 50% less noisy has to be $40 !

The location was very nice and getting very decent food was easy. In fact their breakfast was very good for the price. The beds and pillows were comfy enough.

Extremely pleasant stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The inn is VERY CLEAN which is super important to me. Courtesy coffee and tea is available 24/7 and that's nice. The staff is friendly and accommodating. It's nice to have a coffee and danish in the morning.

The breakfast was not ready at 6:30 as promised and we had s...

The breakfast was not ready at 6:30 as promised and we had s flight to catch. We waited over 20 minutes but it still was not ready. No one at the front desk to check out!

Good for one night stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was tiny. It was worth the money but not that attractive. It was clean, bed was comfy, just not pretty. Dark, needs more lighting. An old motel made to look newer but just didn't hit the mark.

Comfy bed, adequate breakfast, clean

Fair
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

loud next door neighbors who fought all night ; broken door jam that clearly reflected a "break in previously . made me uncomfortable and nervous and therefore did not sleep 9 as a woman travelling alone)

did not eat b fast !

The property was great and clean and up to date
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk was bad, as you walked in they don’t greet you. When I was ready to check out there was nobody at the front desk, I stood there for a good 15 minutes before he showed up and didn’t even apologize

The property was great and clean and up to date

Love this place!

The bathroom was tiny. Had a step down into room.

Excellent location, clean room, in room safe, free WiFi, plenty of parking, comfy bed, nice toiletries in bathroom, very quiet, amazing full breakfast.

Scary and disappointing.

Nothing. Our window on the bottom floor and back near woods did not lock on either way. Wood had to be cut and inserted and I had to tell the manger how to secure it. Breakfast had minimal and not very good .

I like the bed it was very big and comfy.

That we had to call to get towel replace. Then walk to get them. They were sign saying not to make the bed however , no one came and make the bed. The was a problem with the tv. My boyfriend called the from desk and they told him it’s temperamental. Just keep trying to restart it

I like the bed it was very big and comfy.

Very basic, but did sleep good.

The room had carpet that smelled bad, it was cold and the heater made bad smell and noise. The breakfast was not good, nothing fresh much, and it was late.

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, tv was good.

Nice stay. Will come again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Breakfast was good,the staff excellent. The rooms were nice,quiet and those pillows were tremendous. Stayed last weekend,but was here last summer and the pool was nice. Looking forward to coming back whenever the weather gets nice.

This place is a great stay! Great location! The staff are all great except for the Manager!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The manager is very mean, racist, and rude. He yells at people, and seem to take his little job a little too serious. He needs to be fired! Its no way you can treat people with disrespect, and still have a job.

The front desk staff are amazing!! Especially Bob! He is a very well mannered man, and very helpful with whatever you need. The other front desk guys are all great, and should get bonuses.

Clean , comfortable , nice free breakfast. Did over shadow the lack of welcomed feeling at the desk
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

My wife left her handbag in the room . We called the front desk and asked if someone could please check to make sure if in fact she did . The Host seemed annoyed and Less than interested to check for us . We needed to know , as it would be a big inconvenience to return and check ourselves . He called us back within 10 minutes and said he didn’t find anything . Based on his attitude , I felt he really didn’t look . So I drove back to check for myself . When I arrived and asked to look for myself , he insisted that the handbag was not there . I asked to look for myself , as he rolled his eyes , he said take your time . Needless to say , I found my wife’s handbag . The sheet was turned over it , so it was out of site . I returned to the front desk and said , I found it . He asked where was it . I told him the sheet was turned over it so it was not in view . He offered no apologies. He couldn’t care less . It is so easy to be nice and even lie to be nice , just to make the customer feel validated . Because of his lack of public relations, it does make me think twice about future stays at that location .

The room and bathroom was clean . The bed and pillows comfortable and encouraged a good night sleep .

No frills.

The first room I was given had it's door open before I even arrived, which is worrisome considering these rooms open to the outside. Funny smell.

No frills. Basic stay for a quick in and out.

I know where I will be staying the next time I am working in that area.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

that the steps vibrated through my room. IDK if it was because I was right next to the metal steps. but very uncomfortable if you are a light sleeper this is not for you at all! It feels like a earthquake vibrating through your room

the location was great plenty of places to eat. The breakfast was awesome. the staff was very accommodating I was giving a room with a full size bed. I called and got changed right away. the rooms were nicely decorated rooms was spacious. I would surely come back!

The room was horrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was horrible. We didn’t even sleep in the room. We ended up leaving bse it smelled horrible. We were in town for a wedding and ireffered to drive home. It was a waste of money!

Ok room lousy desk clerk

The desk clerk tried to contact me to tell me my card did not go through (i recently got a new card). He tried to call once and being I didn't pick up the call he cancelled my reservation. "Luckily" they had another room at the same rate. He could have tried harder then to cause me anguish when i got there saying "I had to cancel your reservation because...." I thought his attitude was non professional

comfortable room

The location was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was great. We were playing golf at Bethpage and it was only an 11 minute drive on Rt 135. Also there were a number of good restaurants right across the street. The room was neat; the beds were comfortable. A nice feature was the mini lights on each bed for reading. Excellent shower with super hot water.

Good overall
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Parking lot was a little tight making it easy to hit someone else's car...especially in the front where there are two rows of cars with little place to move around in the middle. I had a small car so it wasn't that bad, but if I had a longer car, like I use to, it would have been more of an issue. The good thing is that there are more parking spaces in the back where the rooms are located, and parking isn't tight back there.

Continental breakfast

Our stay got off to a rough start.

See Above. Also the rooms were terribly small. But did serve its purpose.

Our stay got off to a rough start. I originally booked 3 rooms. One in our party had to cancel. However a mistake was made and two rooms were cancelled. Days Inn was booked solid. So, unfortuately two couples had to travel over 4 hours late at night to get home. This definitely will not happen again, I will see to that!

Quite adequate.

The quality of towels need to be upgraded. Your front desk is tired. The front desk staff are not friendly. The front desk is the face of your hotel--you need a better level of staff.

The location and the breakfast were very good. The room was very good but the bathroom was small and the quality of the towels need to be upgraded. The cleaning staff were very good.

For my purposes, the location was ideal and the hotel was just fine.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The rates were very high for this time of year, higher than normal, especially since it is not near any tourist attractions, etc

The hotel is clean, the staff helpful, and what you would expect, no problems .

Overall good stay. They offered to switch my room but I was already settled in.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The handicapped shower. I would have liked to soak my feet after a long day in heels.

I was given a handicap room with an unusual layout . No bureau or dresser for clothing.. no tub , only a wheel chair accessible shower.

It was very clean and the location is great, the pool is...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom is outdated, the A/C was a bit defected,.

It was very clean and the location is great, the pool is real nice as well. There's a minimall across the street Wich is a big plus .

clean, staff nice and continental breakfast with some choice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we thought it was another woodbury the ones outside new york so we were stuck in traffic jam on the new york bridge. be carefull when you book

clean, staff nice and continental breakfast with some choice

was convenient to the wedding I was attending.

there was a slight smell of urine in my room. wasnt there when i first entered when a/c was set on cold but was present when we cut back on a/c. it was odd because the room and grounds were very clean

was convenient to the wedding I was attending. helpful also that a grocery store and several restaurants were in walking distance since we didnt have a car

Pillows like clouds, beautiful place, welcoming staff
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like leaving. I wish the concierge would have told me the pool hours, but I should have asked.

The bed was heavenly. I want to buy those pillows for my own bed. The lounge was beautiful and I wish I could've stayed longer. The staff was so nice and that breakfast was the best I had of continental breakfast.

It was worth the price, no doubt.

The staff was horrible. Some Indian guy was extremely rude upon check in claiming that I called the location too many times (even though it was only twice). Him alone made me want to cancel my reservation and stay up the block at the fox hollow.

The room was very clean and had everything I could need. The bed was soft and clean and the neighboring room wasn't loud. The fridge temperature was accurate and kept everything cold. Their was plenty of power outlets all over the room and the air conditioner was loud at all. The iron also worked property. Vending machine was in a great location not a far walk to get to

Bathroom was great water pressure was great it was clean and...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not so great ,, woke up with neck pain back pain

Bathroom was great water pressure was great it was clean and nice Room was cozy had everything fridge iron couch very comfy

Perfect location for the job I was doing in Woodbury
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom was older looking and the carpet had some stains not a lot.

Nice people at the desk very helpful and the bed was very comfortable. Parking was great

I liked that my room was on the back side of the property.

Since it was my first time coming to the area,I saw several orange cones blocking the entrance. It was hard to tell if the motel was open! I did swing around and saw I was able to get in.I realized landscaping work was occurring so that was the reason for the cones. Otherwise it was no big deal once I caught on.

I liked that my room was on the back side of the property. Enjoyed the privacy! I liked being able to open my door without disturbing anyone.

Don't stay here

Looks like an old flea-bag motel where hookers are in every room and the pimp is out front that days inn just slapped their name on. Bathroom disgusting. Desk staff rude.

It was ok

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The property was .

looking out of courtyard into the roadway but this cant be helped because of the great location. The towels were adequate but small

The property was .5 mi away from the event we were attending. The king size bed was wonderful and so comfortable!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Stay at Days inn Syosset, NY

There was a insidious smell in the room that became quite strong, the type from an older building that need a good airing.

The breakfast array was quite satisfactory. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. I asked for a late check out and the request was accommodated. There are lots of businesses within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Watchout

I didn't like how the online booking companies book the wrong date from the date originally used to find the room. For example,I was looking for April 17, when I booked it automatically went to the 30th EVERY TIME!!! Will not use online again.

The general manager was awesome. Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Staff was professional and friendly.

Great location but definitely overpriced

Stayed in room 209 and it did not have a lock on the window. Called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance but they never arrived. Housekeeping cleaned the room on Sunday 10/16, as we needed fresh towels and replacement towels were dirty, roll of toilet paper was wet. Noisy location, due to traffic and neighboring patrons. AC unit was either extremely cold or extremely hot. Overall, for the rate and total cost of stay it wasn't worth it.

Comfortable bed. Male staff on duty the morning of Sunday 10/16 was super helpful and brought shampoo & conditioner to our room since I had my young daughter and could not come up to the front desk. Great location, convenient to Starbucks, highway and my event. Staff was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly.

Wouldn't stay here again unless I had to
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very tiny. The towels were skimpy. Water spouting from the back of the shower head all over the bathroom!!! Small bed and couch. The room set up was awkward. Room Did not seem very clean.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Just don't go by price.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

When booking room for 2 people photo on booking.com showed 2 beds. Only 1 bed in room, found out later had to pay extra for 2 beds. Walls are paper thin!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Below average motel

at check in I was told that my reservation was not in the system. I had to walk the person at the front desk through the process of checking my address associated with the reservation until he found my reservation. Also, the room smelled like chemicals, the temperature was difficult to control, the other motel patrons were really noisy and there was a vehicle parked out in front of our room with their engine on and their lights on almost all evening. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Everything was clean and the staff was more than...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Not much to dislike...the motel may not have been as new as some of the others and the room was a bit pricey...

Everything was clean and the staff was more than accommodating!! The bed was great!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Everything was as expected - nice, quite large room, quiet...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was as expected - nice, quite large room, quiet place, shops nearby, not overloaded access road (around 1 hour from JFK). Breakfast was good enough with quite a lot of choices. Wi-Fi was strong and stable. I like everything and could not complain.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Overall, a good accommodation.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was tight. Our door to our room (403) was difficult to open. The bed was too small(full size) for 2 adults. I would have preferred an electrical outlet in the shower/toilet area.

Liked the location, breakfast was good & offered @ a reasonable time. The shower pressure was very good. Liked the reading lights over the beds.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Nice quiet location, clean rooms, renovated, friendly staff, close to several restaurants by walking

A little bit of a funky smell in the rooms. But this is an old building that has been renovated and done pretty well. I think it may be from the carpeting which does look new and clean.

It was as I have experienced with other hotels that include breakfast. The staff were extra friendly and the rooms very clean. Nice grounds and convenient to places to eat if you don't want to drive.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Enjoyed my stay at Days Inn Woodbury.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a full size instead of queen. Which was fine for 1 person but two people may find it a bit small.

The staff was great...very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Clean and awesome location.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Not worth the money!!!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet had to be flushed three times. Water from shower got all over bathroom floor because no way to stop it from running out. Bed too small. Air conditioner controls not working properly. Fan in bathroom extremely loud. Room too small.

Not Much!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Never felt comfortrable nor safe there.

Bad room location. Right next to dumpster. Room had damaged molding. Just never felt comfortable or safe stuck in the back corner of the premises next to the dumpster. Also parking in back was rather tight.

Front desk was polite

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The hotel room was a good size, very clean and a comfortable...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel has no affordable transport to or from it. There was no bus or train near by. We had no car and and had expected to use either a bus or train the nearest train is a $14 ride away

The hotel room was a good size, very clean and a comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Comfortable Budget Motel
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Last time I had a queen size bed, this time a double. too small. Hotel is what I would call a budget hotel, on the older side. For $75 a reasonable price but not at $100 plus. Better selection of tv channels would be nice also.

Staff helpful and friendly. East location with great connections to Parkways.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Bad place to stay

People were fighting the whole night. Some people to knock at our door. It was really bad and scary.

It was a motel because people were fighting. I do not it was a safe place to stay.

Nice and clean rooms, great for family stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice and clean rooms, great for family stay. I like the breakfast provided.

Smiles were missing

A bit more seedy than appeared but I guess you get what you...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit more seedy than appeared but I guess you get what you pay for.

Carpeted rugs smelled and room smelled.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Carpeted rugs smelled and room smelled...

Convenient for the area and money

AC did not work

Not a bad place to stay, located in a safe area!!

nothing,

Its perfect for single man

The privacy

Breakfast stop at 9.30 is too early

The privacy

enjoyed

we are in our 70's and was looking for the first floor for the night.

we were on the second floor but on the end and this was a quiet room area.

About what I expected.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was only adequate.

Front Desk personnel were excellent.

The breakfast

The breakfast

We'll maintained.

No complaints.

We'll maintained. All staff friendly. Great breakfast options. Many restaurants and shopping options within walking distance.

I forgot my laptop mouse at the suite, never been found.

I forgot my laptop mouse at the suite, never been found. Other than that everything is great.

Continental breakfast was good.

Sink in room dripped a little. Toilet seat would not stay up.

Continental breakfast was good. Eggs were tasty and food was abundant.

Awesome

Okay

The breakfast was amazing.

The breakfast was amazing. I felt safe and it was quiet. Great location. Will stay here again !

After the clerk disrespected me, I felt uncomfortable.

No towels in rooms. Sheets were spotted and had hair. The night clerk was disrespectfu.

Very nice

All was good

Staff was very nice and the room was ready and clean when I arrived

Very relaxing and peaceful

The bed was big & comfortable

My stay is always a pleasure.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Breakfast,availability, nice clean comfortable rooms and price

Staff was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled a lot like cigarettes

Staff was nice

It was a good stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smoking is not allowed in the room.

Room facility

The bed was advertised as a full-sized bed, however it was a...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was advertised as a full-sized bed, however it was a lot smaller.

It was all good!

Clean rooms and the staff were great.

Perfect

Room was ready & clean, breakfast was great (better than most)

Gym was small not a lot of equipment