Reviews of Executive Inn & Suites Oakland 3 stars

1755 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606, USA

#8 of 42 hotels in Oakland

• Double Queen Room with City View

Great place to visit San Francisco without the hassle of parking and paying extortionate hotel prices. Good comfortable hotel with good facilities. Comfy beds and spacious rooms with lovely views of the water. Good breakfast. Complimentary shuttle to ferries was a nice touch as we didn’t need to drive to San Francisco. Everything was great and would recommend to friends and family.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Make sure that you specify you want a room facing the water. Otherwise, you will be charged with an "Upgrade fee" to switch from a room facing the highway (i-880) which is really close and noisy.

• King Room with Water View

We were greeted by very friendly staff and told that we’d been given a complimentary upgrade to a suite and we received a welcome bag of special treats. Beautiful day, beautiful view. Loved it!

• Standard City View King Room

I really can't think of anything that I didn't like.

The Night Manager Tony was very very helpful and really appreciated his genuine concern when I brought an issue regarding the bathroom in my room, and also his swift service to rectify the situation.

• Standard City View King Room

Location though convenient to airport, is not near anything else. It's next to the freeway. The hotel restaurant is very limited and their is nothing else within easy walking distance. Neighborhood feels a little sketchy however they will shuttle you.

Clean & comfortable room. Helpful staff. complimentary shuttle service to and from airport, train station and even restaurants Complimentary breakfast was above average

• Standard City View King Room

Everyone was so nice it made the stay great. The room was everything we needed for one night stay. Very close to San Francisco so you could go back anytime.

• King Room with Water View

Hotel is good however location not great. Roadworks currently ongoing so you could not walk the waterfront completely. However, the free shuttles to BART station or Jack London Square helped. Will be great when waterfront walkway completed.

Comfortable spacious rooms. We had a room facing the waterfront would recommend these as you have a balcony. Good options for breakfast and free shuttle very useful.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Overall a bad experience. The hotel must be super old hence the walls were super thin. One of our swim suits was ruined due to bleach in the towels, we raised a concerned with the hotel staff and no one contacted us to this date - not happy about that!

Free parking and breakfast

• Double Queen Room with City View

Hqtube not hot enough for me .

After a family tragedy I was sent here to be paid by for insurance, and I couldn’t be more delighted by the way I’ve been treated in the way I feel being here thank you

I got confused on which building to go in , but I was okay with that lol

When I walked into my room with my sister, I wasn't really expecting to have a room and the location of it was amazing. I loved that I could sit outside my room and look at the water. I was there to have my chemotherapy the next morning and I was glad that I made the choice to stay there.

• Standard City View King Room

My only issue during this stay was during check-in. One of the two employees at the front desk mumbled something snarky, which was inappropriate. I also am not the biggest fan of the showers here. The set up gets the bathroom floor very wet, even with a towel laid down.

This was my second stay at this hotel. I love the location; if you can get a view of the lake, if's worth the money. There's pool/jacuzzi access. The complimentary breakfast is satisfactory. The rooms are clean and cozy.

• King Room with Water View

The checkin clerk was very unfriendly but at other times the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The salmon dinner was superb and a very generous serving. The breakfast was excellent with very tender and hot pancakes.

• Double Queen Room with City View

I gave prom cake to front desk. When I got back front desk guy said he did not have the key to fridge.

I enjoyed the beautiful view of the Bay and the patio.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Layout of room, lack of amenities like bottled water in room, or fresh fruit the lobby, dated clock, coffee maker and tv. Lack of consideration for vegan travellers

Cleanliness, quiet room

• Double Queen Room with City View

I would have preferred a greater selection of hot food, however, overall the meal was good.

The accommodations were clean, and attractive. The facilities were comfortable and very well decorated with a gorgeous view of the water; the staff was friendly, helpful and very professional.

• Standard City View King Room

We often stay here due to location, nice view on the waterfront side, and free breakfast. We don’t eat pork, so turkey bacon or sausage would have been nice. Also I don’t believe you served potatoes on that day.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Honestly, there was not a thing I could complain about.

Mostly the employees, they were truly amazing! They went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Could have done with comfortable pillows.

Breakfast was very good. The rooms were cleaned every day. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. The shuttle drivers were excellent.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Morning buffet breakfast was not that great. Breakfast meats were not served Thursday and Friday. Eggs without meat doesn't work.

The facilities were outstanding. The Bartender was great.

No complaints...

It was somewhat isolated, and near the water -so great views, and very peaceful. The rooms were simple, and clean. The property was close to all the places the family wanted to visit, and was within our budget. We felt safe, and overall it was a great experience.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Breakfast was great, Taking advantage of it saved us a fair amount of money. The optional grilled steak or salmon dinner was also great and a real value. Our room was on the water and the view was beautiful. Staff could not have been nicer. When you take into account the food savings, the place is a real bargain for such a nice facility. Very, very pleased.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Got locked out of my room because my card had declined ( bank marked it fraud) so I got locked out. Thought that was a bit much, could’ve left me a note. That seemed unprofessional.

• Standard City View King Room

The water views was beautiful and loved being able to walk along the path and enjoy it. At night you could see the bridge lit up in distance. The bed was super comfortable.

• King Room with Water View

Scrambled eggs at breakfast were watery otherwise some good items.

Beautiful view of the water, comfy bed and great dinner even with only 2 choices ( a huge steak or grilled salmon for $16.

• Double Queen Room with City View

cable did not have the main espn channel ..

Staff very friendly ,also t transportation was exceptional to and from the airport and Jack London square.

• King Room with Water View

-cannot smorking at the Bacory -no minimart nearly need to take Urber to go around 5minutes -not accept cash -no shower cap

-Clean room -Best view -Hot drinking water at the bar -Staff helpful -Suttle but to BART station -Starbug cafe not too far from the hotel

• King Room with Water View

Some of the patrons are obnoxious. My biggest complaint is the housekeeping. I stayed for work 5 times and of those times each time there was something wrong ea. Time..something smudged on bathroom door.(.boogers, poo??), toilet not flushed upon arrival, 2 conditioners instead of 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner. A dirty washcloth with brownish substance on the floor when i arrived. Trash in the trash can when i arrived...the bathroom sink was plugged up with shaving remanence. This is disgusting and inexcusable..too bad since the rest of the staff dies such a good job.

The staff is amazing and the salmon and steak dinners are excellent.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Nice place, great Dinner that was BBQ Salmon very tastey!! The place had everything in the lobby for kids like games which I thought was a family friendly vibe. The owners were on sight and they made you feel welcomed.

• Double Queen Room with City View

1. I didn’t like the fact my room wasn’t cleaned as requested, just towels were placed on my bed 2. Noisy people by the lake til late 3. Told staff about room and they brushed it off when o asked to be accommodated

Room was nice

• Double Queen Room with City View

Everything was amazing. I will come here again!

Staff was amazing. Very polite and all smiles. Breakfast was good! Hostess was running around making sure everything was full. Very sweet! It was very buzy that day was a football Sunday. She was awesome.

• Double Queen Room with City View

On Thanksgiving morning landscaper/gardeners were outside the waterfront mowing and blowing as early as 8 am. It was very annoying. I paid extra for the waterfront room.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The room was smaller than appeared in photo but was adequate for a family of four. Mattress was a bit soft.

My family was very happy with the breakfast selections! The staff was very friendly and very cozy lobby area.

• King Room with Water View

The waterfront location and view were beautiful, the room was huge and the bed was really comfortable. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the restaurant produced very simple but delicious food.

• Standard City View King Room

The staff was amazing. The only negative was they quit serving food at 9pm. I checked in at 8pm or so but missed dinner because they were so busy and stopped serving so early in the evening. No other nearby places to eat at either.

• Double Queen Room with City View

the showers with a half glass pane instead of a door...shampoos that had a weird container, making unnecessarily difficult to open, especially with wet hands. No vegan options for breakfast.

The staff was very accomodating, friendly and helpful

• Double Queen Room with City View

Literally there was only one thing I really disliked: one of the two breakfast attendants had the worst attitude. I overheard her talking loudly saying how she hated the guests and how she was "gonna lose it" and how she wasn't "going to be able to keep it together". I disregarded it because we were having such a nice time and am also aware that everyone has their off days. But then, she knocked a pair of tongs out of my hands on purpose and caused me to drop a sausage link. Lol, seriously it was very bizarre. She reached right in front of me when I had a hot lid in one hand and a pair of tongs in the other and she firmly bumped my hand and then started pressing buttons on the machine. A sausage fell on the floor and I was very startled by the whole thing. By the time I grabbed a napkin and went to clean it up, she was already walking away. No apology, no nothing. Very odd. I wasn't happy with that at all, and she probably needs to be put in another position seeing as how she hates people so much. However, like I mentioned above this hotel is great, and I will definitely stay here in the future. Everything else was so wonderful for us that this one woman isn't going to keep us away, :)

The front desk staff was very welcoming, and were generous to upgrade our room to a water view room. We loved our room and it's view very much! We will always be grateful that we were granted that upgrade. The breakfast was much better than most, and even pretty kid friendly. The rooms are tastefully decorated and come with amenities necessary when traveling with a small child; like a fridge, microwave, Wi-Fi, easy free parking, and coffee maker. We originally looked in Dublin/ Pleasanton area and those places charge extra $$ for everything! This hotel was very nice, with a great staff, great views, great breakfast, great amenities... We will definitely stay there again.

• Standard City View King Room

The property was spanking clean. Great views of San Francisco. And you get to hear the Coast Guard play Taps and at night and revallry in the morning. Rooms on the Estuary side I have balconies. Great views of a marina. Close to places to dine.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Our room was next to the fitness center , which was loud. Also the ice maker on out floor was broken. There is little parking available. Guests should be able to request a parking space. There were people from the hotel next door parking in the lot. No room service.

The location is great. Close to downtown Oakland, the Lake Merritt Area and Alameda. Also very close to the main freeways. 15 min from SF. I am an Oakland Native and this is always my hotel of choice.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Staff was friendly and helpful! The area is beautiful, nice to relax either at the pool or on the benches overlooking the harbor. Bonus they have a free shuttle to Jack London Square which was fun!

• Double Queen Room with City View

Limited parking and the bed wasn't as comfy as I'd hoped!

Loved the shower fixture--so modern and classy. Loved that they serve breakfast later than most hotels!

• Standard City View King Room

Pillows were too thick to sleep on my side with a pillow under my head. We were on the ground floor and the 3-story building is wood frame construction (not concrete floors) so we could hear the people above us.

Nice place on the water, good coffee (but not organic) and clean.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Location is a bit remote and not amenable to walking to very manta places, though there's a nice running path along the water.

Location is a little remote, but they offer free shuttle service to BART , the ferry & the airport, so it's easy tio get to San Fran. Nice pool& the bar & breakfast areas are nice with a nice view.

• King Room with Water View

I had a staycay for myself and it was awesome. I especially enjoyed my water front view with a balcony!! Last but not least, I love the new decor and the Salmon dinner was absolutely delicious!! will be staying there sooner than Later!!!

• King Room with Water View

I wish the bar was open past 10:00 pm.

I love staying here. I'm a Raiders fan, so I come into town for all of the home games, and this is the best hotel to stay at. It's close to the coliseum, and it's QUIET so I can get a good nights sleep before the game. I always book a water view room because they have balconies where I can enjoy a nice cocktail or a cup of coffee. Breakfast is better than most with great coffee selections including mochas. There's also outside seating options for breakfast with really pretty water views.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The hotel was being renovated. There was old furniture sitting in the reception area...Not a pleasant view when you first get into the hotel. The rug in the hallway and elevators was dirty..,not even vacuumed. The rug in the room was dirty. The sink was outside the washroom. The standing shower in the washroom didn't have either a curtain or a door to block the water to go out on the floor.

I booked for 2 nights but when I asked to cancel the 2nd night, the hotel didn't charge for it.

• King Room with Water View

This hotel was worth every dollar spent, from staff , cleanliness and staff was excellent usually not what's expected in Oakland. The view off the water and the bay beautiful.

All good

Room was good size and loved the water view and the little pool was a nice bonus as was the gym. Breakfast was basic but very acceptable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Shuttle service was excellent

• Double Queen Room with City View

Great for a one night stop-over, easy access from main highway with good free parking. Not too much nearby but not a long drive to Jack London Square, etc. Good value for money and nice rooms. Just undergoing re-furb so will only get better. Nice bar with good food - only two choices (steak or salmon) but both were really nice and very well priced. Nice pool.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The water pressure in the shower was poor, and the bathroom was outdated.

The included breakfast was great, as was the free parking and wifi. Coffee maker in room was also a bonus.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The eggs were a bit runny but I like them a little over done. Also, bed was very uncomfortable. Too springy and hard. Also, the area was just okay. Looked too industrial. Need more nearby in walking distance. Also, parking was really bad. I got a flat because of construction in area and then another day had to park very far from the entrance and my room.

The rooms were clean and updated. Lobby was under construction but very nice decor and clean for the most part.

• Standard City View King Room

Clean rooms, with standard accommodations. Can't beat the view if you're on the water side. But if not the walking park right there by the water is lovely.

• Double Queen Room with City View

City view means highway view. You do not see the city. Very noisy. Breakfast was below average.

Good swimming pool outside on the waterfront. Easy to reach SF either by train or ferry.

• Double Queen Room with City View

This hotel is very overpriced for what you get. Breakfast is included but most of it was inedible. The reception area was being refurbished and made the hotel look even worse on first view. On approach, this hotel is in a very run down area and definitely the wrong side of the railroad tracks. Don't stay here if you want peace and quiet as the freeway is just over the road and it can be heard from the rooms. The room itself was all brown and very dreary, the air conditioning was a large box on the floor (very old fashioned) it was either blowing a gale of freezing air or it had to be switched off then the room was hot and stuffy, although the windows opened the traffic noise meant it wasn't an option. The beds were clean but the pillows were old and lumpy and there wasn't a wardrobe just a hanging rail with a dreadful green curtain to pull across. We were booked for 2 nights but only stayed one

The room was clean

Nothing in truth ll

The property is clean and in perfect conditions (in truth they were renovating both the lobby and the parking lot. The room are spacious, clean and well equipped. They also have a pool and a jacuzzi. The position is excellent. Even with high traffic, in 30 minutes you reach San Francisco. The value for money is correct, also taking into account that a similar accommodation in San Francisco can cost much more. You need to pay to park in San Francisco, so it is an extra cost, but you can find a parking lot for 10-20$ while most of the hotel downtown ask you 35-65$ (!) for the parking. The staff is nice and always helpful and very friendly

• King Room with Water View

the property was under construction, our room smelled awful and the t.v was snowy. when we told the staff they fixed the t.v.

great coffee, breakfast needs improving.

• Double Queen Room with City View

THE BREAKFAST WAS SUPER GOOD AND THE STAFF TREATED US LIKE ROYALTY I WOULD RECOMMEND FAMLY AND FRIENDS TO GO AND STAY AT THE EXECUTIVE INN HOTEL WHERE FRIENDS MEET AND GREET.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Lobby is under construction, little inconvenient

Goed room with Bay view, nice pool, good breakfast with healthy choices, shuttle service to ferry and Bart untill midnight. Faviola from reception is the best! She made our stay great!

• Double Queen Room with City View

Poor service. Awoken at 07.00am every morning by housekeeping yelling. Renovations being undertaken with no care or consideration to the guests. This strayed at 08.20am with noise and dust being spread into the restaurant area. Typically a hotel will consider the guests and certainty not apparent here. When I complained I was told by the 'manager' they he had to endure it as well. I was then informed that the GM would contact me. Still waiting.....

Absolutely nothing

• Double Queen Room with City View

Perfect location. Parking is easy. You are 2 minutes away from Fisherman's Wharf. Neighborhood is very lively and loud but do not disturb you at your room. Facilities are old but clean. Highly recommended .

• Standard City View King Room

Dark room & high bed. Safety furnishings on the patio door was loose. Smell of weed from down the corridor. No bar

The eggs were fluffy!!! great pool area, nice size room & décor. It will look amazing once the reno is completed. Doris on reception is an absolute legend!!!

• Standard City View King Room

Breakfast was chaotic. Very unorganized. We got there 20 mins before breakfast service was over and we were told that they were out of the main dish. I asked if they could make more and she said No they were out of the food. SonI went to the front desk to see what they could do and miraculously they had more food 10 mins later. We went out to eat the next morning.

The room was very nice for the price. Great view and very spacious.

Lobby unusable.

Good breakfast. Attractive, comfortable room, quiet despite fronting the parking lot. Hotel overlooks the water, just off freeway. Lobby is being renovated.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The hotel is currently being renovated, which isn't mentioned anywhere on the website. This means you have to use the Best Western next door if you're interested in the bar and restaurant mentioned on the website. Breakfast is in the building, but there aren't many tables and all of the chairs are stained and a bit gross. The rooms either overlook the water or the highway, so be prepared for lots of road noise if your room is on the highway side.

• Double Queen Room with City View

Way too expensive. The entire lobby was under construction and filled with workers and people. Over-crowded. The hotel seems to be charging for a quality that has not yet been acquired. The hotel is called "Suites." Our room was barely a standard room.

• Standard City View King Room

The breakfast was very simple, I think it's enough for most people. When you are arriving late in the evening there is a chance u won't find a parking space. The hotel was literally 200 meters off the highway, but from the hotel to the highway u have to drive through a neighborhood​ full of homeless people. We felt a little unsafe. But nothing happens to us.

It's was clean and the rooms had everything we needed. Even een cheap laundry room. 2 Dollars for Wash and 25 cent for 8 min drying. The refrigerator and microwave are very handy.

• Double Queen Room with City View

For the price we paid, our stay wasn't of good value. I would stay again only if the price was no more than $110/night. Be mindful of which room you choose to book because the city view rooms are facing the freeway with bolted windows (and you will get to hear traffic all night). We had a balcony room so it was quieter but also pricier. Service was mediocre. Our phone was broken upon first arrival and one of the few lights in the room was also broken. They fixed it for us, but you would think this would be a given! We also had 4 guests but each night we were consistently given only 3 towels. I called to request additional towels and we were told they didn't have any on hand and were trying to track down additional towels! Mediocre in general. Their lobby was under construction. Looks like it's been like that for a while. Don't expect a fabulous breakfast, but if needed the food is edible.

The water temperature was just right with a super powerful mini fridge. The internet was fastest we've ever seen. They put a new definition for "blazing fast speeds."

• King Room with Water View

The front of the property is a tad sketchy but doable. Had to walk over to sister hotel for breakfast because they had a group..? So I can't say how their breakfast is.

Definitely worth upgrading to the water view. The backside of the property is what would bring me to stay again. City view is not much of a "city view" but more like freeway view. Decent bed, decorated nicely. Clean. Enjoyed the balcony and good customer service. Easy access from freeway. Overall, nice stay for a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Room with Water View

I paid almost a thousand dollars for a room that has no ada facilities and no room service despite the websites claim of a free breakfast which was set up not in a dining room but in a conference room down the hall that was basically a lousy continental breakfast not breakfast buffet very disappointing,on the bright side I must commend the staff who were all on top of there jobs and making the best of a bad situation they were all top notch

Not once was I able to get free breakfast because of construction at site I was not aware they would be doing I was there to recuperate from foot surgery and the extra distances I had to travel just to go outside were too much I was afraid I was going to reinjure myself there was never any offer of a discount because of the construction and or lack of ada entrances of which I counted none,in response to complaints all I got was a embarrassed apology

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard City View King Room

Front desk & shuttle staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were a bit bewildered at one point on BART, and a hotel staff member talked me through so we could get to the right station.

• King Room with Water View

Nice view from the balcony, but other than that in the middle of nowhere. Bed too soft and no extra blanket for chilly night.

Spacious room with sufficiënt amenities and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Queen Room with City View

Chemical smell in room, limited opening of windows, direct sight of room when curtains are opened, poor breakfast and limited seating

very clean, easy to reach by car, free parking, friendly reception, excellent price/quality

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nothing really.

Average breakfast of french toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and sausage, good location in that it was on a small bay by Alameda, so scenery was nice. Nice pool and friendly staff. Room and bed were excellent. Very clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Double Queen Room with City View

The room wasn't very clean and the breakfast was disappointing. I have pretty low standards of a continental breakfast, but this one was even below my already low standards.

The front desk staff was great. Awesome customer service.

• Double Queen Room with City View

They're doing some remodeling so it was a little "busy", but nothing I couldn't deal with. No big deal.

The beds are very comfortable. I like this hotel for its location and customer service. I can get to where I need to quite easily from here.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Queen Room with City View

The room is a bit outdated. Originally booked a room with city view, the street noise really bothered me. Luckily we paid extra to upgrade to a junior suite room with water view.

breakfast- good variety of selection, nice water view, and self-made waffles! bed-very comfy staff- Mr. Michael is very friendly! He really wanted to make sure we have a positive experience in the hotel. I think he is one of the best front desk we have ever met.

Browse Executive Inn & Suites Oakland traveller photo gallery