Reviews of Executive Hotel Vintage Court 3 stars

650 Bush Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA

#131 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Friendly and accommodating staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

While our room was small, but comfy, it was next to an alley. Every morning around 6AM ish...whatever establishment was next door, there was a lot of clanking and banging noises. I’m a light sleeper, so it woke me up, but it didn’t seem to bother my 14y.o. and 5y.o., which wasn’t all that bad for me. I was just happy to be on a nice, clean, and safe hotel!

Friendly and accommodating staff. Our flight came in early, so they let us drop off our luggage until check in time. Wine tasting 5-6PM was a plus. The minute we walked in, they greeted us and offered to help with our bags and stroller.

First and last time in any property of this hotel chain !
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small room size. Bathroom extremely small and was difficult to manage. Staff had no knowledge of payment procedures and were not supportive. Reception staff just swiped the card incorrectly with excess amount and then to get the amount back, we have to speak to the hotel management. Check in / Check out process too slow. Over and above the room charges, my card was swiped for additional amount. Spent two hours to explain and get the money refunded. Later discovered that the card was again charged incorrectly. Had to pay additional USD 250/ as deposit. Had to waste time getting the money refunded. Thanks to the last minute intervention by the GM otherwise would have missed the flight. Elevator got full during check out time (had to wait for 10 - 15 mins to get down) Breakfast OK. I'm sure there are much better options available nearby offering better value for money.

Prestine facilities, amazing view and the staff make it an even more memorable experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The lack of awarenss about the airport shuttle, only did it because I overheard another couple ask ahead of me.

The staff at the hotel were absolutely amazing in helping me with my luggage, giving me a large room with a view, helping arrange a shuttle bus to the airport and even just great to have a chat to when waiting in the lobby. Everyone there is doing an amazing job and I will 100% recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel in SanFransisco.

The room and service were subpar and would not recommend this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were double charged and the staff took no responsibility for the action. Jossie had an extremely bad attitude not only with us but with other guest as well. The bathroom itself was extremely small.

They Hotel had free wine tasting from 5-6.

Wonderful stay, wonderful city, wonderful food, everyone should see S.F. once in their life
    • Deluxe Queen Room

NOT having a different credit card accepted at check-in. IT had to be in the name of the person who registered. This caused some inconvenience. Remember this is at CHECK-IN. IF there was going to be a problem, WE WERE STILL THERE!! (NOT that there would have been)

Staff were extremely helpful, especially Bryan and Marteen. S.F. is of course "Hilly". As i have a heart condition, Bryan gave easy to follow directions enabling us to get to specific sites without tackling the biggest hills.

Quirky but the cleanliness, excellent staff and surrounding area makes it worth it
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Every rose has it's thorns so here it is. When booking this hotel, keep in mind it was built in 1912 (only 3 years after the Great San Francisco earthquake). The hotel (probably by design, due to historical considerations) hasn't really modernized a whole lot. The bathrooms are TINY. So, if you're a larger person, it isn't very comfortable. The ac is a window mount, not very efficient and loud (think of the circa 1970's Motel 6 air conditioners). The basic cable is BELOW basic. I was looking for the old, channel sign-off tv test pattern to come on at midnight. The wall sockets are OLD and barely support any inserted plugs. The windows are single pane and old. You will hear the streets outside. Bottom line, The hotel has failed absolutely miserably in updating the minor in-house amenities which would make this a 5 star stay, while keeping the historical aspect of the property intact. It would be such an EASY fix for the ownership group. HOWEVER....These SHOULD NOT be deal breakers for you. I just wanted to give you a head's up so if you read this review, you don't think you're booking into a 2017 built Embassy Suites. All in all...an excellent place to stay.

Staff was excellent. Rooms are clean. The surrounding area for food (which was absolutely amazing, btw) Roxanne's Cafe, Vito's Pizzeria, Laurie's Cafe...the list is really long for OUTSTANDING restaurants, cafe's and cool sports bars, except...ironically enough, the one right next door to the hotel, which I never saw open passed the serving of continental breakfast. Anyway, in almost any direction you walk or ride, GREAT food and drinks. Need essentials, in case you forgot anything....Walgreens a block and a half away. LOL...(beware the hills). Anyway, the food and drink in the area, was nothing short of brilliant. Not to mention a short ride...pick from a trolley to an Uber; to get to the carnival atmosphere which is.... Pier 39. The surrounding amenities and relatively short travel time to anywhere, make this hotel an excellent pick. Book with confidence.

Overall good experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was ordinary and repetitive. Room should have included a microwave.Also need more space in the rooms.

Great location. Breakfast is ok.Usual mix of small croissants,French toast,juice ,tea ,coffee etc. Cosy place..rooms ok..felt bit cramped in what was a deluxe queen room.Maintenance and cleanliness good.Staff friendly and helpful. Good value for money.

The price a
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Internet on room 602 is breaking off. They created a new wifi just for us to be able to connect. But still the Wi-Fi is very slow. The front desk didn't really help hospitable but instead gave us a number to call and arrange the connection by our selves..

Breakfast was fine

We had a pleasant experience for being novice San Francisco city travelers.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Traffic was noisy at times during the night and self parking was a couple blocks away. Location is good for shopping but we ended up spending more time at the pier.

Vincent at the front desk was excellent!! He went the extra mile with every question and basic request that I had. All the hotel staff were wonderful-very friendly, helpful, and professional.

Not good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was dirty, air conditioner was old and gross, the desk chair looked like something you would find in a dumpster.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is good and off-site parking is close.

Petit hotel with great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room (single queen size bed) was too small and the hotel in general is very noicy. I found it expensive when it comes for value for money.

Location was very good, super close to Union Square. Room was lovely decorated. Breakfast was super simple but good.

My family and I had a very pleasant stay and would consider this place again in the future.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were not enough outlets in the rooms and they looked corroded/ unsafe.

Very friendly staff. Entrance was immediately warm and inviting. The wine mixer was nice, too.

The room was clean and the staff very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived we had to change our room because a dog was constantly barking in the room next door. Our second room was much smaller and the bathroom very small and half within the room. The hotel was also older than hoped.

The room was clean and the staff very friendly. The hotel is also placed close to union square.

Perfect room for a cheap price, in a quaint town near Yosemite.

The water didn't quite reach a hot temperature, however our stay was only for one night so we did not need to attempt to remedy this. I'm sure the lovely staff would have helped us if we had asked!

Comfortable beds! Plenty of space and such great value. There was also quite a nice selection of food at breakfast, which is unlike other places we've stayed for a similar price.

Ok location, but noisy and expensive
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There for 8 nights I initially was checked into a room looking onto scaffolding and then moved to the top floor. There the room was beneath a powerful A/R installation, which produces a constant strong humming noise not letting you sleep. Valet parking is 57$ per night.

Good position for downtown walks, for SF fairly spacious rooms in need of a refurb

Old and destroyed. - Not vintage
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything’s in bad condition. The carpet in the room smells horrible. The lift doesn’t work properly, we ended trapped for 20 min until somebody fixed it. The heating is innefficient the room was very cold. It is not vintage: it’s old and destroyed.

It’s well located.

I enjoyed my stay here, this is a nice quiet well laid out hotel situated close to union square
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was renovation work at the time of my stay and due to there being contractors walking about outside I didn’t feel comfortable opening my blinds, so unfortunately I was limited to the amount of natural light coming into the room.

My room was exactly what I was expecting from the pictures displayed on the site. In the room I had an extra large bed which was very comfortable a desk, a small seating area, television with limited cable channels and refrigerator. In the bathroom i found the shower area slightly small small for me but it is still perfectly adequate. There is also a good size storage room with a safe and iron and ironing board. The hotel also supply bathrobes. WiFi is good and outside noise is minimal.

Average but fine for a bufget traveler
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the rooms were cold and damp. There was a smell of dampness in the bedroom. The heating didn’t work . the lift was slow and antiquated . You could wait up to 10-15 minutes

the breakfast was fine. The room was a reasonable size

Good location but the rooms need renovation
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The first room (room 614)that they gave us was impossible to sleep in as just next to our window there was a suction tube of AC and there was a constant noise like if you was in a plain. When we complained in the evening about the noise they said us first that they would try to fixt the noise but then nothing has been changed and we didn’t hear from them for 30 minutes. Then we called the reception again and they said that they are going to change our room. The new room (310) was just ok, much smaller the first one and had a sink inside the bedroom. But at least there wasn’t any noise. In general the hotel is quite old and Needs renovation. It was our honeymoon what we specify in the reservation note but unique thing that they did to make it better is just to give us a room with impossible noise.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. You are literally in the center of SF. You can rich a lot of points of interest by foot and other you can rich easily by bus or tram as there are a lot of stops around the hotel. There also plants of bars and restaurants in the area

Great location, great spot to explore SF
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The construction out front was unnerving when we arrived, but didn’t cause any problems

Location was fabulous! Room was quiet and clean, all the staff were so helpful and friendly.

Love this hotel, great location, great staff, all warm and inviting, all were very helpful

Breakfast choices

Breakfast is a pricey San Francisco standard. It was a light buffet choice. I would have liked to have seen more choices on the menu. Like a choice of hot cereal along with the cold that was offered. Love the wine experience from 5-6pm. The lobby was warm and inviting.

good for short stay, if you are going to not spend more time in the room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

window is looking on the other house, which is in about 5 metes, so you need to keep window close all the time.

The bed is comfortable, there is a coffee machine in the room, good choice if you are going to spend time in the room for sleeping and fast coffee in the morning. Very quiet, because its on the other side of the street.

The location was ideal, central and close to where I needed...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I checked in and mistakenly thought I had booked two nights. The clerk was really unhelpful and just said 'we are sold out'. Clearly I need two nights, and she could have looked ...but it was just 'nope, we are sold out'. Then I go upstairs to find another hotel, but this one keeps popping up as available...so I look and one room IS available for the next night. So, I book it for $100 more. Now, I should have gone downstairs to talk to her and try to get the room for the cheaper rate I'd paid for the first night. But her lack of customer service, when I clearly needed another night, and her final 'we are sold out' attitude made me wary of dealing with her. So, I booked it online. Again, paying $100 more - for literally the same room as they just let me stay where I was. And, because I booked it online here, it was a hassle to cancel and offer me the lower rate. Ultimately my fault ....but her terrible customer service and attitude mean I won't be staying here again.

The location was ideal, central and close to where I needed to be for work.

Great rooms for a good price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very few choices for breakfast, which was self serve cuts of meat made to look fancy. Would like the hotel to accelerate the remodel of the attached restaurant, so guests could be served lunch or dinner after a long day of travel.

Best staff in the boutique hotel area of Bush St.

Clean, nice reception with fire place for the cold weather...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff were rude regarding a payment I enquired on. The elevators were broken during our stay and early morning repairs resulted in being woken up.

Clean, nice reception with fire place for the cold weather at the time, although small, the rooms were clean and bed very comfy!

It was a decent hotel the bed was comfy but the ac and bathroom were the cons of my stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like how difficult it was to turn on the ac. I did not like how the shower was very small.

The bed was pretty comfy. The room was quiet throughout the night.

Californication
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The fact that for going to civic Centre for attending various festive events, Nutcracker ballet, Symphonic orchestra, jazz concert and best of all Red Hot Chili Peppers fundraising concert at W. Graham Auditorium, i had to cross infamous Tenderloin district where thousands of drug addicts, homeless, dressed in rags, criminal figures lay on the pavement. Total disgrace for country s most affluent city in world s richest country.

An excellent choice if you want to stay near San Francisco downtown, but be prepared for steep Powell str ascent. Room was spacious, had mini fridge, absolute necessity. It may have faced the neighboring building but was quiet, if on street would have been very noisy. All staff were very courteous and professional, cleaning very efficient 5 out of 6 nights cleaned room while i popped out for breakfast. Special thanks to Vincent for recommending the local winery tour.

Comfy, small, super convenient, parking is difficult (but it's SF)
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was super tiny (even with just a shower stall). Street parking should be recommended over paying $40 for a garage spot a few blocks away. (Got lucky I came in on a Saturday and Monday was Christmas day so got a spot a couple yards away for free 2.5 days straight)

Super close to Chinatown, Market St, and all that good stuff. Small but comfortable. Wine happy hour from 5-6pm is a nice treat.

The bed comfort and the wine testing from 5 to 6 pm
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is not free (actually is really expensive) No breakfast included Heating system in the room makes noises and makes the bed vibrate. Price is too high. It would be good if the price includes parking and breakfast.

The bed comfort and the wine testing from 5 to 6 pm

The location is very near to many attraction, bus stop and...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room is rather small and find a bit not convenient to carry luggage as there is a staircase at front door.

The location is very near to many attraction, bus stop and cable car stop are few minutes walking distance. There are a lot good café around the hotel. Hotel lobby is rather cozy and love the wines that serving every night.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great location and nice stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think the shower was a bit small. It was a bit tricky to shower with a baby, but doable overall.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was on the back of the building and very and quiet. The staff was nice, and to our surprise our room was ready before we expected. I had a baby with me, and we slept very well through the night.

Great location and very clean, but a little pricey
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The cleaning staff were very abrupt with me on my last day and didn't clean my room because I didn't leave before 11.30am. The hotel is also a little bit expensive.

The location was incredibly central and the hotel (including the room) was very clean. You can walk to most tourist attractions (if you're used to walking; they are about 5 minutes to 60 minutes at most). The front desk staff are very friendly.

great location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smell wasn't nice. I guess it was because of an old building but I took time to get used to the bad smell. Fitness center was not well maintenanced. Water server is completely out, one light was OFF. It was very small room so hotel staff might think nobody will use it.

Location was great so it's really worth to stay here. walking distance to both Chinatown and Union square. Uber was only 10ish USD to go to bay area. I liked happy hour free wine tasting, too. what a good hospitality! There was a nice bar very close to the hotel "Tunnel Top" right across the street opens until late at night so we enjoyed it too.

Good location but could do with a thorough refurbishment
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was such a bad smell in my room (carpet? upholstery?) that I asked to change. The second one was marginally better but not great. I strongly recommend a change of carpets or get rid of them altogether.

Good location, very close to Union Square and Chinatown. Easy access for public transport (even though public transport is not that great in San Francisco!)

Great location, Fantastic staff and reasonable price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The view from room was very limited with restricted daylight. I feel the rooms on the upper floors would be better but saying that we were out all day so it never really bothered us. Overall great and enjoyable place to stay.

The location of this hotel is great! In the city centre and next to China town. The staff are also so friendly and make you feel at home. We loved staying here and would definitely return. Good value for money

The room smelled musty.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled musty. I raised it with reception and asked for some air freshener but when I returned it was much the same. Apart from this the hotel was good. Staff friendly great location.

location, cleanliness, certain front desk staff

Staff didn't read the small print on the back of the reservation requesting a room in their quiet zone. Requested when I got there & was given a room next to wine closets with accompanied noise.

location, cleanliness, certain front desk staff

Bed was comfy, room bigger than expected.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Lack of security - no swipe card access for building or for individual floors. Staff not particularly helpful. Bit of a musty smell.

Bed was comfy, room bigger than expected. Great location for union square.

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and we...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and we love it. The staff are friendly, the check-in and check-out process is quick and easy and the free wine tasting every night is a lovely bonus!

I will recommend the Executive hotel to friends - it is in an excellent location and very welcoming.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Limited hours of room service.

I thought the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I think the valet service was helpful. Staying in a roof atop the hotel and in the back was nice and quiet.

Great location for cable cars, Union Square and restaurants.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room very cluttered with several pieces of old furniture and as the sink is also in the room, this made it feel quite small. Not at all like the pictures!

Friendly staff on check in. Room was on top floor so fairly quiet. Great location for a couple of nights.

Comfort, quiet, luxurious!!

Nothing!!

Great restaurant/lounge with Happy hour and great food/drink. Actually, ate a late dinner there as well, as we knew it would be good food and didn't have to leave our hotel! Had a taxi set up per desk for 5 am to airport, IVAN our driver was the BEST! Wonderful end to our week long stay. Rooms comfortable and quite, luxurious for the price. Next trip to SanFran, we WILL stay there and book through you!!!

San Francisco, Amazing! Will be back to see what we missed, 4 days not enough time!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I called to confirm reservations I was told it would cost about $17 to take a shuttle from airport though it was probably cheaper to take taxi. Once off the plane, cueing up for the taxi all 3 if us heard $15. Great! What we expected.... No.... it was $50. Departing- we didn't want to make that mistake again, only to be told the shuttle would be $17 PER PERSON. Should be clarified to travellers the price is per person. Appreciated the reservation made for a luxurious Town Car, rather than a cab we asked for but the driver scared the living daylights out of us. We were thankful to get to the airport alive!!

Large comfortable room, clean, vintage feel. Great, Central location, down hill a block to China Town, with a 20 min walk through to Little Italy, close to Powell/Hyde Trolley, financial district and shopping.

Disappointing, only use it if you're on a tight budget.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was hard, the room poor and housekeeping threw out items left out during the day. The air conditioner rattled so loud it couldn't be run for long despite the heat and the plumbing made such a racket it woke me up when someone in another room took a shower. It's not a 3 star, more like a 2 star.

The iced water at the bottom of the stairs.

A girls getaway
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing was unlikable. Great location close to union square, shops food all one needs close to calendar as well

Very clean, comfy European style boutique hotel. Excellent staff and 5 to 6 complimentary wine in foyer

Convenient location close to Union Square.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was very small with sink next to the bed. Tiny bathroom with small shower and toilet. Price at the moment of booking was much to high, would expect more for that.

Convenient location close to Union Square. Hotel was serving wine for free late afternoon.

No value for money.

Hotel in general needs to be reformed. Our room (401) smelled bad and bathroom was wasted. Windows that doesn´t close right, water that come out brown, installations not proper fixed in wall.

The location is good and the WiFi is working well.

Disappointed in the service we got for the high price we payed.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We chose to go green,but we expected some services and we didn't get any.Towels weren't picked up and towels weren't brought in. Trash was not thrown out neither were toiletries replaced, we had to daily go to the front desk and get what we needed. Very disappointed for the high price we payed!

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

First and last time in this hotel

It stank in the whole hotel, not only in the lobby, but unfortunately in the room too. The AC was extremely loud, almost impossible to sleep when it was on. The staff was not really customer oriented. I got stuck in the elevator, thanks God with three other guests. It took over 5 minutes to have someone get up to help us, and another 10 minutes to get out. We had to force to open the elevator door and get out on our own when it finally worked. Not acceptable! And no excuses from anyone from the hotel.!!

the room was big, the location good

Our stay was perfect.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My boyfriends brand new earphones went missing on the 2nd day. They were kept on the TV stand the morning we left for sightseeing but we could never find it once we came back in evening. Our bad ,should have reported at the front desk but we thought it must be in our bags so never bothered.

Our stay was perfect. Location very close to union square. Clean rooms. Staff also kept our bags after check out without any extra cost.

full of disappointments
    • Deluxe Queen Room

One person from their staff was very unhelpful. I arrived there late in the evening after being awake for almost 24 hours. Something was up with my credit card but instead of offering any options (i.e. staying one night for example instead of the 4 I booked) she just refused to give me a room or try my other cc that was in the same company's name. Her colleague on the other hand was trying to think in solutions, but she would just say that all of those were impossible to execute. After a lot of hassle I was able to stay there for the night (mind you I had already paid the deposit in cash). The next day the problems with my credit card were solved and I stayed at the hotel even though I considered just going somewhere else after this bad service experience.

The bed was comfi

It was a decent place .. great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant was not open the hole time we were there.

When we got there the power went out and they had to relocate us. Then we were put in a less attractive room and it was less than cleanly. Then we were moved again. However they were very accomidating.

Okay

The way they installed the ACs. There was a hole left in the window because the way they installed the ACs and it destroyed all sound insulation. I could barely sleep because of the noise from outside.

The location.

Not what i expected via the booking page, thought it was expensive for what we got.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Noise from outside, dusty blinds and VERY noisy air-conditioner!

Very noisy here, the soundproofed windows were not soundproofed near enough. We opened the blinds and they were very very dusty and we saw dust floating in the room for hours after. A wake up call by housekeeping before 08:00 was not really a great start to the day, although they were nice (and admittedly on the first morning we never left the "do not disturb" on the door, but still an early start for the knocking. Also, the way the hotel staff asked for the $150 deposit made us feel like we were unwelcome and not to be trusted "to cover any stolen items, damaged items or things you leave without paying for" was how that was asked for (i never saw that in the small print so the $150 was a surprise to me, never had that much held before) and we saw 2 other surprised customers during our stay also because of the same thing. GOOD: The shower was lovely though as were the toiletries. Location was good.

Excellent choice, very comfortable and good value for money.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is located in a nice area a few blocks from the city centre. Our room was well appointed and spacious as was the bathroom. The reception area is extremely comfortable. The staff were very helpful and gave us extensive advice about accessing public transport. We were satisfied with all aspects of this accommodation and would return without hesitation in the future. Highly recommended.

We loved the king sized bed!

We could of had a better view and the pictures of the bathroom on the site, did not quite match the actual bathroom. Overall, it was great!

We loved the king sized bed!

It was very nice and quite but really I have never in my life found a dirty washcloth left in a show

Well there was a dirty washcloth left in the shower. Went to put the no slip mat down and it was very moldy.....I told them and showed them pictures on check out. They said they would have fixed that if I had called. I was already in the shower and no time to wait for a clean no slip mat.

We at first had a room with a view of the street. However, the lock's battery on the door was dead. So after waiting for some time was located to another room on the top floor. No city street view. But I believe we were the only ones on that floor. Nice and quite!

This was terrific!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was tiny (no surprise there) but grab bars are needed in the shower as is a rubber mat to prevent slipping in the shower. The room cleaners need to be advised to clean the Keurig coffee maker and to resupply creamer and sugar daily.

The room was clean and well-appointed and comfortable. It appeared to have been recently redecorated. I got a bargain on parking at a nearby parking garage since I was staying at the hotel. Very courteous staff! The helped with calling taxis and moving my suitcase. An early evening wine tasting was held in the lobby. The room and parking were about $100/day less expensive than the big name hotel where my conference was held. The hotel is next door to a Filipino restaurant that provides reasonably priced tasty food.

A very pleasant hotel, pretty well located.

It doesn't really offer breakfast. This is available in an adjoining cafe, but the standard is not high. There are plenty of diners around about which provide breakfast. There was only a single lift with limited capacity, but this did not seem to pose problems in practice.

A very pleasant hotel, pretty well located. It is not quite as well located for public transport - closer to Union Square might be better. The surroundings are attractive and interesting, and very characteristic of the city. The hotel provides a wine-tasting session every day at 5pm featuring local wine.

Great location, nice staff, comfortable beds. City - with all attendant noise expected.

older property, needs more insulation of plumbing sounds.

Nice onsite bar. very close to Del Popolo for amazing pizza & starters, Hopwater for terrific beer selection. try to stay on top floor for quietest room, plumbing old. Room size, decor very nice.

Worst place ever !

This was by far the Worst place I have ever stayed! It stank like urine , the toilet was dirty there was hair in the shower . Safe wasn't working & to top it off when I took a shower it wasn't draining I look down & there is Tons of Black Scum all around the bottom! It was disgusting!!! I called the lobby & they informed me there was nothing they could because hotel was fully booked!! I do have pictures & I will be emailing them to the manager! By the way who I asked for twice & unfortunately they have none on night shift!

San Francisco summer trip.

Didn't like the cost for parking, it was an unexpected expense. The room had a horrible smell of vomit. The air conditioner was old and made so much noise it was very difficult to relax while in the roomorning and due to the temperature and smell in the room it was needed. Several of the power outlets were not working making it difficult to charge our devices.

The location was good and staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable. The room was a decent size.

Updated, great location, comfortable and roomy.

They were installing carpet on my floor with out prior warning and were loud for a few days. They did not provide continental breakfast as was stated by reception at initial booking.

Great location, wine hour after work (*and the wine was good); the rooms were fairly updated; the room not too noisy if on the top floor; cozy lobby and friendly staff; oh and the robe provided are amazing.

Great location, not so great rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The actual room - so not the bathroom - was dirty, dust everywhere, and the room looked run down, worn out. Badly done repairs all over and stained chairs made it look worse.

The shower had been refurbished and looked good.

No Sleep

I was put in a second floor shabby room because I was traveling with my 10 pound chihuahua. Room was directly across from elevator and stairs. There is no valet working at property. Car parking is through service which takes a wait. Be mindful of street cleaning - another guest was having her car towed because she left her rental car on the street during street cleaning. There was no staff to warn her about the street cleaning. If you need a cart for your luggage you had better grab it as soon as you get there because they only have one.

Staff was wonderful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom very small. Carpet stained in room. Thought it was a bit expensive for two night stay with two rooms reserved. Guess it's just SF getting unaffordable to bring family.

Staff was wonderful. Very helpful and friendly

The location is wonderful, the room was nice except for the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Better trained staff Noisy room air conditioner

The location is wonderful, the room was nice except for the beeping from the safe. We asked to have it fixed, but the safe was still beeping when we returned. The staff at the desk was not well trained and Mansoor had a particularly bad attitude. Since I had made the reservation, all rooms were charged to me. My friends all checked in with their own cards and Mansoor couldn't figure out how to credit me for their rooms. He kept telling me, "I can't credit you for something you didn't pay for." He was most irritated. Vincent sorted it out thank goodness.

Horrible
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Worst place I've ever stayed in! Really expensive and this building is old and run down! The traffic and alley noise were so intense we couldn't even sleep! And people in the alleyway screaming all night wasn't fun to listen to either!! Parking is horrible and costly. Room is tiny, old and smelly. For what I paid for this place, I expected something much much better. Would NEVER recommend that anyone stay here.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Bad internet. Avoid if you need it for work
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Internet was intermittent. Refused to call tech support and had me do it. Tech support told me they had a couple of bad access points and they didn't have a good enough infrastructure for the traffic they were handling.

Very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

It made my gift to my granddaughter, BEST TIME together as her graduation/birthday present.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was like staying at a hotel in New York, listening to sirens all the time.

location, my sister and her friends stayed there when they went to San Francisco and they were right. I will be staying there, when I go visit my granddaughter when she is at DAVES.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Decent
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My room was soooo NOISY. I was there for 4 days and I didn't get any sleep. I'm concluding my vacation with eye bags!

One of the receptionist was phenomenal. He told me where to go and where NOT to go. His recommendations were spot on. I appreciated it

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

I loved the vintage look!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I wish I could have known about the pricing of parking prior to checking in. I felt like I got sucker-punched! I also didn't like the small tubs...water was everywhere!

I loved the vintage look! Super quiet!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great location to base yourself
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was quite hard and my room was at the back of the hotel and smelt damp The air conditioner was noisy

Staff helpful Position great Close to Union Sq and Chinatown

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Terrible wifi
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wifi is terrible in this hotel, wouldn't recommend for a business trip as there is no wifi in the room and guests has to go down to the lobby to connect to internet. rest is fine.

THINGS WENT MISSING
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Things went missing from the room, the staff at first said the maid had not taken them then when I mentioned getting a solicitor involved , suddenly they appeared but I am still yet t receive them. Been back in England for 14 days and they are hard to get hold of. Last conversation was they would find out how much it would cost me to get them delivered. SHOCKING SERVICE

the bed was comfy