Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn 1 stars

3331 North Texas Street, Fairfield, CA 94533, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Fairfield

They shouldn’t put people with pets near the pool area.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They shouldn’t put people with pets near the pool area. The constant noise causes dogs to bark plus no grassy area had to walk around building to find a grassy spot, Also when paying with a debit/Visa card forced to leave a cash deposit at front counter for the entire stay. Makes no sense since they don’t go check the room before they refund you the deposit

I will most likely not stay at this facility or any other ABV motels again.

One of our room had bugs but the occupants were moved to another room. The hotel employee wasn’t nice at all!

The beds were a little uncomfortable, only limited number of towels provided per room.

OLD AND OUTDATED

The hotel is very outdated old lamps hanging from the ceiling, that were very DIRTY!. The room was also outdated, the hot tub was not cleaned since we were there, not to mention the OWNER is Rude and not understanding. My son has a DISABILITY and he got upset and was yelling, so the OWNER TOLD ME HE DIDN'T CARE THAT MY SON HAS A DISABILITY! AND KICKED US OUT THE ROOM AT 8AM. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK OR RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THAT SLEAZY HOTEL!

Just the time I got to spend with my family

Wasn't Satisfied and the Desk Clerk was very Rude and didn't listen to me about our situation.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wasn't told I needed a Credit Card and came along way to stay there after a Reservation was made and they asked for $200.00 Deposit or a Credit Card I didn't have so we had to walk blocks to get to a new Location due to we don't drive.

Location and Landmarks and Pool.

It was a place to rest my head, but nothing to brag about. The bed was very uncomfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very old it dipped towards the center, The room needed a lot of repairs, the paint and door was bad. The room needs outlets near the bed. The room was very old. It was not worth the money. The towels were thin, scratchy and inadequate. The washer and dryer was expensive.

The office was well air conditioned. The location was easy to find. The elevator worked well. Maurice Q was very nice and courteous at the counter. The restaurant next door was good, but very packed. Make a mobile reservation. It was convenient to the Base.

I have nothing to say nice about the property.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The employees had terrible attitudes, also predjudice, and charged me a $200 deposit.Also the television did not work.

I have nothing to say nice about the property.

It was good .. Will be staying there one more time to see if it was just a one time thing
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Hot water.. there was no hot water, lucky to get it warm.. i realize summer is coming on but some people need a hot shower for medical reasons. Othere than that it was great.

The price and location

Don't go here
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

They required a major credit card or $200 cash deposit in order to get the room. Maurice was a straight ahole when I was trying to check in. The place was dirty and the mattresses need to be changed. Very uncomfortable

It was good for last min. Stay but i wouldnt go to stay as vacation.

First room was the smell of the rug. Second one didnt have a microwave.

The staff was nice specialy the one with reddish hair or blond supper nice and friendly.

We weren’t there much but our stay was pleasant
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Queen beds, a little noisy but expected as location near freeway.

Clean. Location was near our destination. Convenient to dining, Travis AFB, and family in the Napa valley.

Friendly and helpful staff, very clean and reasonable rates
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the other patrons were not considerate of keeping the noise down when it was very late.

Friendly and helpful staff, very clean and reasonable rates

Its always good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I do wish that check out would be like 12:30 or 1:00pm.

I love the location and they always accommodate me when I ask for a ground level room. I love the staff there.

Not too shabby
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The hot water at the sink took a while to warm up. Maybe because it's been cold out. But it took at least 3 to 5 mins to get warm.

They offer smoking and nonsmoking rooms. It is located next to a nice shopping area. So food,gas,etc. Is easy to get too. The room was clean. It was well sized.

Easy to get to as well as in and out of town

I stayed in a none smoking rning, how ever, the sheets and blankets smelled very much like smoke. There were wholes on the wall, the door to the bathroom did not close because it was broken and the bottom of ijt looked like it was desintegrating- paint was pealing and card board disolving.

Easy to get to as well as in and out of town

Bed extremely comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Needs new carpet , needs to fix the heaters in rooms extremely cold. , non smoking room smells like smoke , paint the walls , get new curtains ... simple stuff smh

Bed extremely comfortable. Clean rooms. Housekeeping and friendly staff was nice

Interesting stay at best.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The facility is badly in need of renovations. The paint isbad, the tub and sink were rusted, very noisy between guests and freeway traffic. 1 ice maker for whole hotel and its located at front office. Continental breakfast was danish, juice, coffee, instant oatmeal. Take note that black widow spiders abound at the property - most noteably around the handrailings at the stairs and door frames - spotted 4 between parking lot and door of room. Needs much better/brighter lighting in parking lot.

It was close to where i needed to be

Clean and large room, but the area was not to our liking.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy. It was a Saturday night and with a loud eating place next door, the clientele were a bit noisy late at night.

Wifi and good range of channels on tv. Room was good size, though we did upgrade to a two queen bed room.

Needs a major spring cleaning!

Walls and carpet were VERY dirty!! Continental breakfast was individually wrapped sweet rolls, coffee, apple juice and orange juice. Not very continental!

Staff was polite and helpful. Hot tub was perfect. Located right next to a Texas Roadhouse. No further travel needed for dinner!

We just wanted a place close enough to San Francisco to enjoy a full day there, and it was perfect f
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Noise from highway, pillow small and flat would be okay if you had two, and we ended up with a smoking room.

Easy to find just off the highway, plenty of eating places close by. Ps Panda expresss (delicious)

One bad visit will not cause me to stay away, hope they use this to improve.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

My shower had snot and hair from last guest. I was asked for a deposit this time was never asked the last 3 times I checked in. Then they lost my deposit and could not find it when I checked out. Was not happy this time around at this visit. They need to improve the a/c units I was hot the whole visit.

The staff is friendly, I feel safe, my car(so far) don't get broke into. My dogs get to stay with me at a great rate too!!!

Horrible hotel worst stay ever

Horrible staff, horrible smell in room, very very unclean, not sufficient outlets, bathtub filled up while showering , boogers and poop on walls, door falling apart, horrible stay

Nothing at all

suspicious behaviour and phone calls
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. When trying to check in I was informed that they didn't have a single room available. Gave me a double instead on the corner away from everyone. Didn't care that I gave them the wrong license plate #. A creepy guy followed my children and I to our room and asked a lot of personal questions. I didn't feel comfortable so I phoned home to notify family exactly where I was. During that call the room phone rang and some creep starting asking me how much I charge, stating he saw my "add" online. Doesn't the front office have to connect you to the room # requested?...immediately after I hung up and packed up my children and went to my car. At which time a truck pulled up w 2 suspicious men instead, they followed us for 5 miles til I got on a different hwy heading out of town.I have since been receiving prank calls from unkown numbers. Office staff at this location has my direct cell number but why didn't they care that they didn't have the correct license plate number?...all very suspicious and extremely unsafe

Great Staff, clean rooms!

Rooms should have a second lock,my 3 yr old could just open door no prob. They shouldn't list Breakfast at this property, it's merely coffee, Apple/orange juice & store packaged Danish.

Great Staff, clean rooms!!

Good enough for an overnight stay

The room was sparse. No lamps, no coffee pot, though there was a fridge and micro. There was quite a disturbance in the room above us that lasted over 15 minutes, but we went back to sleep. An extra towel would have been nice. We were too tired to ask and wait.

The bed and pillows were comfortable enough. We slept pretty well. The shower was very full volume. We were able to get ice, easily enough, and walk to a good restaurant for dinner.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Staff is great

There is not enough electrical plugs for my medical equipment. Need to use a cpap machine at night did not have a plug by my bed. Need that machine to breathe at night. Could not use it while stay at this hotel.

Staff is great

No Frills Hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed - sunk in the middle; the room needed painting and updating - the ceiling had water stains - maybe there was a leak. There was no iron or ironing board. They gave you one towel per person.

Convenience to where I would be going after I leave the next day. Continental breakfast was good but could have given us some fruit and a few other items.

3.0
    I wouldn't stay here again! Even if it was for free!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room was small,furniture old and bed uncomfortable,and big smile space in room where a table or couch should have been! Carpet smelled funky! And pain to bring belongings up to 3rd floor !

The price is what got me..

Aplace to put out of your memory.

It seemed like a cheap version of Motel 6. The reviews seemed quite over rated. Everything felt dingy, rug was spotted and seemed dirty

old and run down--I would never return

Great night sleep

The lady at the front desk. Gave the vibes that we were bothering.

Rooms were clean. beds were like clouds best sleep I've had on our trip. Most definitely will recommend and be coming back to stay at a American best

Comfortable place to stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms could use a bit more cleaning. Linens are fine. But overall, decent place to stay. Stayed 5-6 times.

Friendly staff, easy check in & out, shopping center across the street, restaurant right across the parking lot, Wal-mart couple blocks away. Restful environment.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Pleasant
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would've liked a few more towels and pillows as well but overall I could stay

It was very clean little older hotel but nice the staff was very friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

It was clean & comfortable, I will come again.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The fact that I had to put up $150.00 deposit, I feel they could've worked with me, although it was sufficient

It was clean.no roaches..and front desk did accommodate when I needed something

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Really affordable it would b nice to have a table and two...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Really affordable it would b nice to have a table and two chairs added to the room other than that my stay was great thank you front desk and housekeeping great job.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Decently comfortable for price
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Would've liked a couple more pillows, better quality &/or durable body bars of soap. Maybe another garbage can also

Clean shower/tub, toilet & towels. Convenience of a mini fridge. Neighbouring the 24 hour gas station & McDonald's. Accessible parking & quiet area.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good for the price.

When booking I asked for a ground floor room and was placed on the top floor clear away from the elevator. I didn't need a handicap room but did state I had mobility problems.

Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Good for a safe place to sleep

The staff could benefit from some customer service training. Very unprofessional. 2nd time with unprofessional staff

The accommodations aren't the best in the city, but good location, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Good location but not a safe place to state i think...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't feel safe staying in the area. Have to be locked in the room for the same reason.

It's good value for money, location is good too, just across gas station and food places.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The convenience of the location to my final stop.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The booking picture showed me a picture of a easy chair, and the room only had two straight back chairs. The bed was very soft. The sink appeared to be stopped up but it just took a long time to drain. These things may seem small, but when you travel often, they are a big deal.

The convenience of the location to my final stop.

Good bang for the buck ! !

Need to put more towels in the rooms and better shampoo and soap - way to small and shampoo is almost impossible to open the packet. Should have hair dryers in the room.

Convenient location, rooms were clean and price was very good.

A lot for your buck with value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of cigarettes and didn't have a microwave. Told staff and never heard anything back.

Accommodating my request of being on the lower level

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

It was cheap.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The "breakfast". Coffee, a packaged small sweet roll and orange juice that wouldn't open do not make a breakfast. The location is very noisy. In the rain I had to walk through 3 inch puddle to get to the room. The basin was damaged.

The pillow was really good--I realized I need new one for my house.

Never again

Air Conditioner was extreme noisy. The morning coffee and cake was a complete joke! Had to ask for linens and fresh towels more than once. Beds were difficult to sleep on. Tub was nasty. Overpriced, should have been in the low $40's per night. Housekeeping trolleys always sitting under the steps on the sidewalk blocking the guest way. Housekeepers and staff could care less if it inconvenienced the guest. Other guest seemed like they moved directly from a trailer park, were loud and always partying, again staff could care less. No security. Grounds were nasty.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

This was a overAll nice hotel stay. Staff was very pleasant and informative, when we ask about near
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Aah, we only had 3 pillows. Needed 1 more. Plus extra bed thermal blanket. Some other hotels have extra pillow &blanket in closet.

Tv worked. After next room quiet down. 12am. I was able to sleep. But woke at 6am, due to nearby hwy noise. And neighbir yelling at kids, slammingdoors.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Room for improvement, customer service is important to paying customers
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

When i walked into the lobby to check in, the employee's family (husband & 2 children) were hanging out and slightly disruptive. It was inconvenient to have to wait 2 hours for someone to bring an iron & board to my room. The laundry staff also works in the walkway while stacking carts with linen etc which is very inconvenient for customers trying to get through to the parking lot. And this happened all weekend throughout my stay. The business structure was working on the parking lot while i was there, it would have helped to have been notified of this upon check in, rather than return to the hotel late and having to figure out how to get inside. And several times staff members were observed in front of the lobby door smoking & talking (personally). The staff should have a designated smoking area that is away (30 ft) from the front door. Not a good/healthy advertisement.

The location was great, the room was comfortable, clean and felt safe.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

I'd return. Only because I don't expect much.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Initially was told your website mistakenly booked an unavailable room. I would need to take it up with them to resolve. Had to pay $15 more up front to upgrade. Ultimately, I was given a discount. Wifi and breakfast was mentioned in the ad but no mention of it at the hotel lobby. Pool did not look clean.

I like the overall stay.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

I would like to stay there again but not with service people ! Need change their act!

They don't clean proper and don't even bring new towels when we done use and we left then came back nothing change. Same thing so the service isn't good because they have bad attidue and act like they is police. Don't even treat people who came from travel ... It's not nice!

It's good area not very bad

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Never again
    • Queen Room - Smoking

This place is the nastiest hotel I have ever been to and I used to live in hotels. The room stunk the bed was broken, the floor looks like it's never been cleaned, there were prostitutes and pimps everywhere, the pictures didn't even look like the same rooms

What eggs? Did not know there was a breakfast offered.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No ash trays in smoking rooms, maid did not speak English. Marijuana being smoked outside on the walk ways. It seemed like a drop off house for paroles. No face cloths, we had to ask for them. Door did not feel secure. could not get the window open.

What eggs? Did not know there was a breakfast offered. Water pressure a plus.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Affordable! Just ok for short stay.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Sticky carpet that need to be replaced. Loud noise (freeway and guests) no outlet by the bed. Poor customer service provided by some front desk clerk.

Location and plenty of parking. Close to the freeway. Fridge in the room, flat screen and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Just location
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Left early and called to confirm another reservation twice to keep the same room for continuous reservation and an extra towels if possible . Arrived late @ 930 and found out that the room was check out and took all my stuff out with some missing item.

Just location

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Richard, the desk clerk, was personable, very helpful and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Grounds were dirty Elevator had stickiness on the floor that was there Fri, Sat, Sun. Trash cans on third floor full all evening.(Friday) (They were empty Saturday morning)

Richard, the desk clerk, was personable, very helpful and professional. All housekeeping personal I encountered were courteous and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Pleasant
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A lot of hair left behind by the previous tenant.

Cheerfulness, but professionalism of the staff. The lighting in the hallways and parking lot. The Wifi & the Cable tv was great.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Nice but not great!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No outlet near bed for C-Pap machine, had to ask for extention cord and sleep with head at foot of bed.

Easy off freeway, very nice staff. Elevator to get upstairs. Quite after swimming hours.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Modest place and good to stay for overnight
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Phew, I could only handle one night at this place! My room's location was right on the road, so heard cars passing by all night (if you're fine with background noise you should be ok). There were some truckers parked outside and were talking loudly around 5:30 in the morning (woke me up) so bring ear plugs for sure. Was planning to get up early anyways so it wasn't too bad.

Had to travel up to Fairfield for a trip and for the price, this place is a decent place to stay overnight. Breakfast is just pastries and OJ, and the staff is decent (answered all my questions). You need to ask for the wifi password though, as they don't mention anything about wifi when checking in. Fortunately no bed bugs- modest room, clean sheets, glad to have a place to stay. Definitely book through bookings! Room was as promised (smoke free).

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

You get what you pay for!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could've used a cup of coffee. But then again I didn't bother to ask for it.

Let's put things into perspective... this is by no means a 5 star hotel, and neither it is priced like one. I booked this place because I just needed a place to crash, it was right off the freeway, and only 30min away from Napa. I got there at midnight, the attendant checked me in right away, the room was clean enough, the bed was comfortable enough. Check out was just as fast and I was on my way.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Shady area, noisy guests, clogged sink, AC not properly working in 100+ heat...but comfy bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room 218: AC wasn't working properly when it was 100+ outside. Cable went out at 12am. Vanity sink was not draining water. Rowdy guests at 4am and with thin walls and no carpet, sound travels very easily! Bathroom door damaged around door hook and it is hanging on by a loose screw; not functional. Location is next to a Walmart on a dead end street, which may or may not be related to the shady people hanging out behind this hotel at 1am...

King sized bed was comfy. Appreciated not having carpeted floors for cleanliness and allergy purposes. Nice having large fridge in room to store left over food in over night.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

book your room with a credit card but bring cash or you can't stay

Well first of all I didn't get to stay there because they required a hundred and $150 cash deposit on top of the credit card that is absolutely freaking absurd you're traveling with a credit card you don't necessarily bring cash I was going to bring cash I would have got the room for cash what the what good is a credit card not happy it was late I was tired I was dirty I was in a freaking hurry and then he wants a cash deposit and then I was pissed so I won't be staying there again

I thought the location was really good

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Pleasant and welcoming!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Thought that the roominess, according to what was pictured online, could've been better. Picture made it look roomier and more spacious.

Room was overall clean, closet was enough space for family. Additionally, light was sufficient and appreciated having refrigerator plus microwave.

Clean room

Clean room

Cali Grad.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Location was a little cramped.

Good value. Close to a lot of stores and gas stations.

No I don't like the property their elevator always break...

They take dogs

No I don't like the property their elevator always break down they always put me on the third floor so I have to walk up the stairs

Homeless Hotel

That it allow dogs to stay

The flowers outside

Available for my stay

Cause house keeper didn't for come to work and the manger is not good with staffing

Available for my stay

Old and out dated.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Accommodations, furnishings and unprofessionalism of staff.

It served i5s pourpose

House keeping was great

House keeping was great

Alright
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The doors are thin you can feel outside air coming thru

Location was a plus great

Friendly staff.

Friendly staff.

No trash can in rooms.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No trash can in rooms. No wine opener

It was ok.

Room was dirty. Stains on the floor, blood stain on bathroom wall.

Everything.

Everything.

HORRIBLE
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Everything and get rid of the crack addicts in the parking lot.

Nothing and they tried to use my credit card two days after I left.

Small room

Great location Clean room Helpful staff

Not a thing the front desk accusted me of renting rooms out

I

Not a thing the front desk accusted me of renting rooms out

Front desk took care of me very well

Close to convenient stores

Served its purpose.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lock on door kept breaking. Maintenance came at 10p. Clientele was sketchy/shady & just a bit unnerving.