Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport 3 stars

8452 Edes Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621, USA

#11 of 42 hotels in Oakland

great value, clean room and friendly staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needed some cleaning in common areas.

Awesome value, great staff. The breakfast was nice to get the day going without looking for a busy restaurant somewhere else. The security at night at the entrance of the parking lot was an added bonus, peace of mind.

The reception staff were the nicest I have encountered on...
    • Suite - Non-Smoking

The location wasn't the nicest but in great proximity to Sand Fran.

The reception staff were the nicest I have encountered on our two week US trip.

Access to the gym and suana area 24 hours.

The shower drain was clogged. The early morning construction a few doors down. And housekeeping knocking on our door 2 hours before check out and before my alarm going off.

Access to the gym and suana area 24 hours.

Satisfactory

The lobby needs some upgrades. The sofas and rugs look dirty with stains on them, and the tile floor looks old. Overall first impression of the hotel not too good. But the room is clean and comfortable, so that made it up.

Beds were clean and comfortable

Dog policy needs to be clear by Booking.com
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I looked for hotels on this trip, I tried my best to book only pet friendly hotels as we are traveling with our dog. When we arrived at Comfort Inn and Suites in Oakland, after a long and tiring day of driving, we were told they do not accept pets. Only service animals. The young lady shared that they could not by law question what service our animal was providing. Immediately our little dog became a"service animal". The staff never questioned us about our dog but reading the large notice in the lobby made us feel we were violating the policies. It was a very uncomfortable stay because of that.

Breakfast was okay. The bed was comfortable and hotel was clean.

I loved my stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything I didn't like

I like the front desk clerk Kayla she was so pleasant and kept a smile on her face the whole time, and great costumer service skills.

The outside of the building looks quite bad, but it has...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The outside of the building looks quite bad, but it has nothing to do with the inside (especially considering the very low price paid). The breakfast (included with all bookings) is excellent!

The front desk was pleasant when we checked in and the place...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was unsettling, especially with young kids. Cop cars one after the other speeding by us in the street when we drove in and out of the parking lot. I did not sleep a wink, before my early morning flight do to insane amount of walking, running, banging noise above our room on the first floor.

The front desk was pleasant when we checked in and the place was clean.

Room was big and comfy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Due to work I arrived after midnight, and had a very early flight.. just wanted to get about 4 hours sleep, but the room next to me kept banging the bed against the wall keeping me awake. Please fix the beds/headboards from being able to bang into the walls.

Room was big and comfy. Staff was nice, including the security guy at the front entrance.

Both shower and sink would not drain. Bedding was dirty along with the carpet. Holes in the window screen Overall not impressed with this hotel.

Very good place to stay for the money you pay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It feels like some parts of the room require repair.

Breakfast options, very comfortable bed. We arrived late night and got some welcome snacks from the reception. We were very pleased. So it just really nice place to stay for the money I paid.

It fit our needs perfectly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood is not the best, but that was not a surprise. We felt safe as there was a security guard and gates to the property.

We stayed at this hotel to be close to Oakland airport. It was 7 minutes from the airport, quiet and was exactly what we wanted for our purpose. It was clean and the staff was friendly.

Winging it
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Security guard didn't make eye contact and I had to get out of my car to move the cones in order to park and go check in.

Property was well maintained. Front Desk Agent very professional and friendly.

Superb

It is a nice trip living in this hotel. Good service and experience. One advice,making more potato pie for breakfast will better. Do not put cheese to every egg since not everyone can accept that. Thanks!

Everything, most comfortable hotel we've ever stayed...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything, most comfortable hotel we've ever stayed during our trip so far. Spacious room and there's even a microwave inside the room. The Laundry room located near to our room. Lady in the receptionist was so nice to us too. Perfect!

If I decide to stay there again I will be observing to see if there’s any improvement.

Front desk at check in was not friendly and would not answer the phone even after trying to call them at least 10 times. Very disappointing with their customer service/ hospitality part of it.

It was perfect for the business I needed to conduct in Oakland. My only exception is the front desk staff was not present when I tried to call them from my cell phone and the room phone. Even the manager didn’t answer. And I literally called at least 10 times to give them a fair chance over a period of an hour and a half.

Worked great for our walking to and from a concert at Oracle.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast, comfortable bed, nice room size. Probably the best value I’ve gotten in the east bay. Went to a concert at Oracle and were able to easily walk there and back - even stopped at the Denny’s for late dinner and watched all the people awaiting for their Uber - so glad we could walk because that traffic was nuts (also a game at Oracle that night)!

Another good stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Coffee maker didn't work great. Ended up with lots of grounds in my coffee both times.

Room was good. Bed was better. TV was good, too. Bathroom was nice. Breakfast has lots of choices for everyone. Free USA Today papers, too. Overall, one of the better places for the money.

room was comfortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

really like a motel style hallway, elevator, lobby looks really old, not fresh at all, depressing a bit expensive

room was comfortable good bed breakfast OK

The check in staff was very helpful.

I wish you had a pool, indoor of course.

The check in staff was very helpful. She helped us navigate UBer for our concert. I wouldn't actually walk around the neighborhood but the uber to Oracle was 8 bucks so that was fabulous.

Adequate for the $$ compared to city hotels, but could amp up the cleanliness factor
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room I was given had a strong smell of mildew -- so strong that I started having an allergic reaction within minutes and had to request a change. The next room was better, though still had an odor that wasn't quite right. Overall, the whole hotel was slightly beat up, lots of scuff marks on the walls, worn carpet, a small exercise room that was filled with humidity from the adjacent whirlpool. I was there for the UC Berkeley graduation weekend and most hotels in Berkeley were charging $400 per night, so I booked this hotel for about $160. That's a big savings over $400, but for $160/night you'd still hope for something clean.

The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Also, breakfast was included in the room fee, and was fairly substantial. Eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, bagels, coffee -- a nice selection.

Perfect location if you need to stay by Airport
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was alright, just not very friendly.

Great location if you need to be close to the airport. Hotel's sauna was just perfect after a rainy day.

The price was right and I fell that I got good value
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

1 The bed/mattress was lopsided/uneven and caused me an slightly uncomfortable sleep 2 The heating/cooling system is way too loud and too close to the bed

1 Close to everything that I needed great location 2 The staff offered me excellent customer service

The beds were super comfortable making a restful night a...

Breakfast eggs were not that great but the other choices made up for it!

The beds were super comfortable making a restful night a pleasure after a busy day! The staff were friendly and amazingly helpful! The value for the money was great. They even gave us a welcome package with a fruit, a snack and a bottle of water for each of our guests!

We stayed only 1 night to catch an early flight, it met our needs but that’s all
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The woman that checked us in wasn’t rude and was pleasant but she was on a personal phone call while she was checking us in, just poor business etiquette. Our room smelled like feet and there was a lot of loud noise, the hotel does make you sign a quiet hours acknowledgement but there’s no way to enforce it.

The bed was actually quite comfortable

A great hotel at a fair price/Very Satisfied
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked the bed especially, it is the most important part of a hotel experience to me. I felt that as a former Marriott hotel employee, that this property excelled in cleanliness and upkeep and also in room appointments. I was very surprised and pleased. Also, the welcome bag of goodies at check in was a lovely touch. The clerk that checked me in was very friendly and personable as well as professional.

Good airport hotel with limited facilities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There are no food or bar facilities at the hotel in the evening. To get a meal and a drink we had to walk down the block to a neighbouring hotel. The breakfast bar was not great - I would definitely recommend grabbing a coffee and heading out to get breakfast on the road.

As with any airport hotel the location was superb - only minutes away from kerbside at OAK. The Shuttle Bus (not owned by the hotel) was frequent, clean and a great service. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly and, when the assigned room door refused to unlock, they quickly found a replacement. Room was clean, quiet and perfect for an overnight stay. The welcome pack on arrival was a nice touch.

Good experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. For an older hotel it was very clean. They had a security guard after hours so we felt relieved that our vehicle were looked after. All in all I would definitely rebook if I’m ever there again.

Perfect and happy

Nothing everything was pleasant

Friendly host that checked us in on was given a suggestion of a close buy restaurant when we asked and she was right it was hood

Derricka was awesome and so helpful and friendly!

Fridge in room was not working properly,made room have a moldy smell. Couldn’t keep food in fridge/freezer unfortunately.

Derricka was awesome and so helpful and friendly! I really appreciated her help when we were checking in! Other front desk staff were friendly as we came in and out throughout our stay.

Clean, comfortable and the staff are always professional and...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean, comfortable and the staff are always professional and friendly. Great location as it’s easy off/on the freeway (880) and right near the airport. Parking is never an issue. I almost always stay here for quick business trips into the Bay Area.

Location to airport is very good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The facility definitely has some deferred maintenance. The breakfast is OK. The orange juice was mainly water though.

Location to airport is very good. The facility was clean and the staff was professional and nice.

Nice, clean,quiet Hotel

Check in clerk was very nice. They allowed us to get an early check in which was perfect after our long drive. And we even got a complimentary snack bag. Room was clean , comfy & included all the needed amentities. Great stay & will Definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The facility here is good, basically they have all the...

The sound insulation seems need improvement. I can hear the TV next room when I went to sleep.

The facility here is good, basically they have all the equipments that you might need during a trip. Place is clean, I think that is the most important thing.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Room and bed was comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Eggs cooked ahead of time are a little off. But, they had eggs and sausage/bacon so overall pretty good.

Room and bed was comfortable. TV was great. Instant coffee was good. Breakfast has lots of selections. Staff is always nice.

I found the staff friendly and the room very clean.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast eggs would be better if scrambled. What they served were little hard fried egg discs. I think they were baked. Very overcooked The hallway carpet on my floor was very dirty. That's unattractive and unwelcoming.

The bed and tv. I liked having a couch in the suite.

Met our purposes at a decent price
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing in particular. Because we had to leave before 6am couldn’t get breakfast but didn’t really expect at that hour I wouldconvenient

Convenience to the airport

They are not able to give me a receipt <
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They are not able to give me a receipt < had to call Booking , lost 1 hrs just to try to get a receipt trough email, until today nothing !!! Shame on comfort inn !!

room
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Came to check in @ 6 pm exhausted, only to be informed by the check in staff that internet is down. we have to wait.waited for 2 hours and there was no comuunication in between no staff, we were left in darkness. no coffee and snacks provided.Will not stay in any more or do not recommend to any one

room

Overall, pleasant stay that left a good taste in my mouth, literally as I still crave the breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the breakfast tables still needed to be cleaned, it appeared that the cleaning/breakfast staff may have been too overwhelmed to attend to the table and perhaps left it up to the customers to clean the table they were going to use. Once breakfast ended, the staff were busy at work to try to clean everything. There were a lot of people at breakfast making a mess trying to make their waffles and toast and get their drinks and things. It was a little crowded and a lot going on so I don't fully blame the staff, but this was the biggest area of improvement.

The staff were very friendly and informative (perhaps the fact that the Raiders won during our stay may have positively affected them :)). They were all very professional, dedicated, comforting and pleasant. Check-in was very easy. I reserved the room for the night of our arrival and noted on the booking that we would be arriving after hours. They were very understanding and sympathetic and advised that we speak to the booking company for the rules. The main gentleman was there the very next afternoon and checked us in, which means he had been there for over 12 hours, and he maintained his positive energy and pleasant attitude. I was very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and hotel in general. My daughter and I really enjoyed our short time in the small whirlpool. It was perfect for just the two of us. The breakfast was very good and more than what other hotels would offer. I enjoyed the options and everything seemed fresh.

Terrible service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like how there was no one to help me with my bags. When I went inside I was not greeted I have to go up to the counter and look at beauclerc in order for one of them to help me and they both look back at each other like they didn't know which one would help me. When I asked to speak with a manager she told me that manager was not there which I did not believe because I did not like their attitude.

My experience was terrible staff was very rude and unhelpful it was awful and it just straight or how much the rates were to be treated so unfairly I was treated with no respect and like my business meant nothing to them I will never go back to that hotel or recommend it to anyone. And I did not like how when I had to turn my ID and debit card how she threw it back at me because I told her that I did not like her service. I would not recommend anyone to come to this hotel for the price you pay in the service you get is terrible.

the desk people were very friendly and polite made me feel...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the room air conditioner unit had a odor smell to it when turned on it made me sneeze when the unit was on

the desk people were very friendly and polite made me feel welcome

Convenient to Oakland Airport- nice room besides the odor
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like a really strong body odor when we first entered.. had to open windows and put on fans

The woman who checked us in was amazing! Worked all night long and was so sweet.. bed was comfy but....

It was ok, but I'd probably stay somewhere else a little more modern.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms and the inside of the hotel could use some paint and remodeling. Looked and smelled old. Could also serve some bacon instead of sausage every morning for breakfast sometimes.

The location was close to the stadium that I could walk to the game if I had to.

I'll be back

Air quality was bad from the big wildfire but that had nothing to do with comfort inn or their services.

I was very happy with my stay at the comfort inn Oakland. I would stay there again

Visiting family in San Francisco, we had a flight into Oakland from London

The reception needs updating and the breakfast could have been better

Staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok, not as good as some hotels but the selection was reasonable. Our room was very spacious and clean, the beds comfortable and the housekeeping very good

The Comfort Inn and Suites was a great place to arrive at after a long day of travel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the desk chair in the room was a little too low for the desk. other than that everything was as good as I could have wanted.

The property is clean, pleasant and up to date, the location is convenient and easy to get to by shuttle, and the staff were helpful, prefessional, friendly and laid-back. The room was well laid out and spacious. Wifi worked well, coffee was good, and therr were plenty of breakfast options.

Fine no problems, staff helpful

Location only good for Airport only, area industrial, poor area at night, don't walk!! BART excellent for San Francisco, driving being a nightmare!

Food fine, very busy breakfast area

Nice hotel with the clean big rooms.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There are no restaurants and cafes near by. Also, there is no cafe inside of the hotel. If you want to eat, I recommend to go to the city or use GrubHub.

Nice hotel with the clean big rooms. Also, there is a free parking lot outside. Also the hotel provides you with the breakfast.

Recommended
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk (Check in) customer service quit unpleasant @ times due to computer systems offline/ failure , the employees try they best to accommodate but its written on they forehead the frustrating moments when systems are offline. The card board dishes , its a bit outdated Many Thanks

Near the airport , shuttle to and from airport excellent, and the room spacious clean i certainly recommended other to stay there. A++

Not a very good value for the money
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

cramped too close to air conditioner for easy access to bed. Door latch was insecure--could be pushed open from outside unless you lifted and shoved the door to completely close it.

Location to airport, staff and beds were great. Would stay again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no hot food left when we went for breakfast. I believe they were cooking more. It was a very busy time and a very small area. The room smelled like stale air conditioner filters when we first went in. The temperature in the halls was stifling.

We enjoyed the space in the room and the bed was really comfortable.

Great location good price, great value

Good Location, close to Walmart and easy access to sf, wifi was reasonable fast with minimal lag. Good amenities like spa and swimming and sauna and breakfast.. Overall very enjoyable. Would stay again.

Spent one night on way to airport. Useful basic airport hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Most of the exercise equipment was broken, unplugged or not in good condition. Hot tub worked but needed refurbishment. Room key card pads were difficult to use.

Staff was great. Full breakfast was nice. Excellent easy free parking. Fold out couch bed was perfect for the kids.

Excellant value, comfortable bed and room.

Would have liked a sleep button that worked on the TV remote.

Room and beds were great. Good TV too. We had just come from a few days in another city and another hotel. Both were good but your TV system was better because it had an onscreen guide. Don't laugh. When you are in another state and/or TV system it's nice to have a guide for those rare relaxing moments when you want to just "veg" on a favorite TV show. Being able to find it easily beats scrolling down through many, many channels. Just wish the sleep button on the remote had worked! Nice guy at the front desk when we checked in.

Ok, but not exceptional.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A little hard to get to. No shuttle to BART. Breakfast only okay. No ice water or coffee in lobby.

Comfy bed, friendly front desk person, nice bathroom.

Perfectly clean and comfortable room for one night before...

Perfectly clean and comfortable room for one night before heading to the airport. Staff on reception were friendly & helpful & we couldn't have asked for more!

Ok

The breakfast staff is rushed, stopped supply 30 mins earlier. The location is not so safe, many unknown persons wandering around the street and petrol stay

Not bad value

Nothing more you need
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Fantastic stay. Close to the airport, comfy bed everything you need after a long flight. Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast incredible! Self serve loads there everything you need.

I would not vacation here but it was useful for proximity to airport.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can't put a name to it. Soulless perhaps

I booked solely to be near airport for an early flight. It was ok, quiet comfortable. Bathroom adequate yet soulless. Bed comfortable.

Disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

If you did not get up and out of your room by 12:00 PM . It would not be cleaned until the next day. The breakfast was not very good.

The room was clean.

Rude staff, decent room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the staff members at reception was extremely rude and unhelpful. We found her very dismissive with any of our concerns. The property charges a $200 security deposit which is very excessive and we were not made aware of this until after the booking was made. It also seemed that most other guests had the same issue and we're unaware of the charge untill arrival.

The rooms were very spacious and clean.

Without major highlights or low points. I would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood, of course. An earlier part of your questionnaire asked what could be found within walking distance of the hotel? I wouldn't walk around the block in this area if my life depended on it

The staff was agreeably helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable enough. All we wanted was a convenient place to sleep before an early flight from the Oakland airport. As such, it met our needs completely.

The suite was very pretty !
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite was very pretty ! I was granted access to my room 3 hours prior to regular check in time and I was extremely grateful for this because, I had a wedding to go to same day.

Easy walk to the Raiders Coliseum

The check-in was a bit slow, due to numerous travellers arriving at approximately same time. You are a bit far from city center. The bed is too soft from a European viewpoint, but it is the US standard, so we can appraciate it.

Very clean and spatious room, friendly and helpful staff. You can easily reach the Oakland Raiders Coliseum and the Oracle Arena on foot, which is a definite plus. The sitting corner of the room is also comfortable. The breakfast is also of good quality.

Adequate for a night after coming from a long flight.

Location is pretty dismal and noisy, but it is an airport motel. Had to wait a long time to check in as it was late and there was only one person at the desk. Found a bag of trash in our room which had obviously been overlooked by the cleaning staff. Breakfast mediocre.

Beds were comfortable, staff were polite.

Bottom line I told the hotel clerk upon checkout: enjoyed our stay ,would stay there again ,💗!

For the excellent value,Free parking,free WiFi,fridge,and microwave,and delicious free breakfast,could not ask for much more at the bargain price we were charged

The room was nice,loved the hot breakfast💗!Delicious,plenty of variety ,and saved us time and money,we were full and that was like a brunch!!,💗

Very disappointed I had high expectations.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Air conditioning was not working. I asked for handicapped accommodations and the room was too far from the elevator. The toilet bowel was broken. Left over food was in the refrigerator.

The day shift manager was Vera helpfull. The night manager was rude unfriendly. When I called to mention the problem of the air conditioner and how uncomfortable I was with the heat he was unsupportive and not helpful with a solution. So it was so to speak it was my problem. He had no people skills and was not representative of your good reputation.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Wonderful!

cook more bacon and eggs please, more apples and bananas. A lot of guests at breakfast, 2 toasters will serve the line faster. Thanks for a very nice warm meal.

Spaceful, very clean, very quiet, complimentary hot coffee & tea 24 hrs. Lowest price for a very comfortable stay. We will come again. Thank you.

Really pleasant.

More eggs at breakfast.

What was really important to me was that I forgot my beloved laptop at the hotel and the wonderful staff kept my computer safe, called me and I picked it up on my way home. You are so lucky to have such great people.

Barely a 1 star hotel. Not very clean and shady neighborhood.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Horrific smell coming from the air conditioner (moldy - I slept with the window open). The sink was clogged and I had to switch rooms. The neighborhood around the hotel was shady. There was no water pressure in the shower. Just all-around icky.

breakfast.

Incompetence compounded by buck passing.

Arriving, and being told the reservation I had made nine days earlier, wasn't in their computer. Having to stand at counter for 40 minutes while personnel tried to solve problem. We were 40 minutes late for our engagement. Thanks loads.

4.0
    Appallingly awful

Advertised as a 3 star hotel. It was filthy and in disrepair- more like a 1 star. Incredibly rude, unprofessional staff. Front desk person watched a movie on a pad or the computer and didnt look up, smile or greet me. Handed us the keys to our 4 rooms without making eye contact. Later, not realizing I was in a lobby chair, traded derogatory remarks about my asking where we may park my husband's band's tour bus. Choice Hotels Reservations called the hotel in advance to verify parking. The Front Desk and Security staff spoke angrily about the bus taking 4 spaces; security asking angrily about how many rooms we have, and using expletives in reference to me. When I attempted to speak with the general manager in the morning I was told he wasnt there. Subsequent calls led to the same answer. I called Choice Corporate Customer Relations and after 22 minutes on hold the call dropped. I would recommend stsying far, far away from this hotel.

Not Clean! Not a GOOD Value!

Dirty exterior, dark interior. Found garbage under the bed. Serious maintenance issue. Jacuzzi closed by HEALTH DEPARTMENT per sign on the Jacuzzi. At check-in they told me Jacizzi open24 hours a day. Did not tell me it was closed by Health Department. Upon check-out, there was no one at the desk. I waited and waited and WAITED. I started to write a note that I was checking out and the lady walked in from the outside...maybe on a smoke break? Not a GOOD deal! Over $200 when all the extra taxes and use fee added. I would NEVER stay there again. You should take them off your website! Very POOR maintenance!

Staff friendly on check-in.

The staff was friendly and accomadating to any needs upon...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms carried a stale odor. Also the hotel could benefit from renavations.

The staff was friendly and accomadating to any needs upon request; and I liked that breakfast was provided.