Reviews of Quality Inn Spring Valley - Nanuet 3 stars

100 Spring Valley Market Place, Spring Valley, NY 10977, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Spring Valley

The property is worn out and the staff is disengaged in the customer experience. There is a new building under construction next door-perhaps a replacement? Not horrible but well below the standard I would have expected from a Quality Inn. This was not a good value. The roadway system to access is very convoluted. A directional sign near the entrance onto the mall access road would have been reassuring.

We have stayed at this hotel several years in a row on our way back from Italy, and before we drive home to upstate NY because of it's convenient location. The hotel is getting a little seedy...it is still always very clean and the staff are amazing so we continue to come back, but it's time for a little update.

The staff are amazing. A woman named Karen working in the breakfast area is so welcoming personally greeting each guest at they arrive in the room, being sure you have what you need. She is pleasant, upbeat, happy, welcoming and a wonderful asset to this hotel. Karen is the type of conscientious employee who goes above and beyond the expectations of her job. She makes it personal and inviting. She is truly and invaluable asset to this hotel. She made our day.

My room Ac was not working good. so i have to call front desk about it. then they give me a another room. Which the AC was working ok other than that the hotel was very comfortable

Hotel was nice and clean.breakfast was ok.

requested a handicapped room which we got. but it was so small my husband couldn't maneuver his walker we had to change rooms. the tub was very worn looking and dirty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed here couple times the stuffs should control the ppl who yell or play loud rap music outside the window... and the checkout time should be later

The price is fair compare to the others in the area

The tv channels are limited and have to go to the third floor to get ice....

The clerks were very professional and the room was clean and the food was good---no complaints...

The vending machines way of purchasing items was not very accommodating . Some what very unreliable, I was fused to go outside to purchase from elsewhere. Please make it easier for customers to be able purchase items at anytime.. it was very frustrating for me..

Just the way I like it..

Room was clean and very comfortable. Great water pressure and the breakfast was excellent with many choices, not the usual items. Bacon, sausage, eggs, potato patties, waffles, yogurt and cereals.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Immediately noticed the filthy carpet. Really nasty stains in several locations. Furniture was in need of replacement. Needed to shut off the air because too noisy.

Room was ok. Buffet was good.

There was just dirt and rust around the bottom of the bathroom door. There was smears on the walls of something, did not know what it was..they need to paint rooms after removing chipped paint. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The person at the check in counter said a $1.50 fee for a safe would be waved since we booked online. This was not the case as the fee showed up on my bank account statement. I called the bank and had this reversed. We never used the safe as the only time we left the room between check in and check out was to get breakfast. The bathroom was poorly lit. There was a train that blasted its horn nearby in the middle of the night. This may not be a good place for light sleepers. Music started playing in the hallway around 5-6am. My roommate slept through all of this except the music.

Check in was easy. Room was clean and orderly.

We were on the side of the highway so there was a lot of noise. Breakfast on weekends was posted from 6-9 but we were told the hours on Sat. were 7-9

The room was fine, the bed comfortable but we were not expecting just a double bed. It was tight that's why I would only recommend the room for solo travelers.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked a room here 2 months ago and it was satisfactory. But this time I had a problem with the drain on the bathtub. Finished taking a bath and still water didn't go down. Called front desk to do something about it but nothing happened. The second person I spoke with didn't do the same. With the third person I spoke with during breakfast which fortunately the maintenance person was there and asked what time I called about this last night and I said around 8PM. He replied "nobody told me". It got fixed, but the main thing here is that the front desk people don't care. Especially if you are a second class citizen. I just kept my cool because I know that I get 3x of what they get paid.

Breakfast. The lady chef who is also attending to the breakfast, she is superb in lighting your day up. Beds are comfy.

This was a great place to stay! The staff are warm and welcoming. The room was excellent. In-room coffee is always useful. There was also a mini-fridge. We had a ground floor room and there was zero noise from above us. The grounds are very pretty. Plus, they are so convenient to several turnpikes and freeways.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast--there was a nice variety of breakfast foods. The cook was friendly and very accommodating. The staff was professional and the onsite parking was fine.

A little noisy for a light sleeper as highway 287 is close by.

Breakfast had good selection: cereal, juice, oatmeal, bagels, donuts, eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage.

Carpets could use some attention.

Karen who is the breakfast hostess is a super star. Her sunny and upbeat personality made our stay here memorable. She kept the breakfast bar humming smoothly and offered site seeing tips for the NYC area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The non-smoking room smelled of smoke and urine, was dirty and was overpriced. Not sure how you are calculating your satisfaction score, but how I rated the metrics doesn't appear to merit a 4.2 score.

Not much

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a very hot weekend in June and they didn't have the pool open the first two days we were there. After disappointing our son walking out there ready to get in the front desk called to have the pool open the third day we were there. I'm not sure why the key to unlock the gate doesn't stay on the premises. The woman at the front desk didn't even know it was closed and had to ask a cleaning lady about it. I feel like in the hot summer it should be open everyday and someone should have the key to unlock it there at the hotel at all times.

The room was clean and taken care of. It seemed like it was recently upgraded. Parking was convient and the staff was all very friendly.

The room smelled like mildew, carpets not clean but bed and bath were clean at least. No tea in the room, not even sugar/creamer in the room just coffee grounds. Breakfast was not good - and if you wanted tea once again there was tea and sugar but this time no hot water!! Not only needed for tea but you also needed water if you wanted oatmeal, so why bother having oatmeal and tea but no water is beyond me. There were no napkins either anywhere to be seen and the staff really didn't seem to care at all.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

It was pretty decent.i have no complaints.

I liked that the hotel had a private entrance. It wasnt overcrowed. Very quiet environment.Spacious and clean room.Complimentary breakfast.Good parking space.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

where can we begin... first they gave us a room with two beds even though i called days earlier and confirmed it was one bed. Dont really know if i got overcharged for it. every vending machine for drinks was out of order so if you needed to drink anything; you might as well go to a nearby store to get it. Remote control in the room was not functioning properly. The refrigerator barely kept anything cold. There was hallway music that was a tad bit loud even during late hours of the night.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The staff was horrible. No one wanted to assist us when we realize there was a mistake with our reservation. We actually went and spent our last night at another hotel near by because of the poor service.

I don't really have much to like about this place. I just needed a place to rest and I did but the overall experience was not all that great.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

BREAKFAST WAS VERY LIMITED WITH STRANGE EGGS AND WHITE BREAD AND SUGAR CEREALS. WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED A BANANA, WHOLE WHEAT TOAST, GRANOLA.... OR EVEN ENGLISH MUFFINS.

NICE QUIET, CLEAN ROOM AND HELPFUL STAFF

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

I did not like the sink outside of the bathroom but overall it's okay

The rooms are appealing,clean and very comfortable I would definitely recommend this facility, whenever I'm in spring valley I would definitely come again

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The food was good just not the eggs yuck! Scrambled eggs please! The room was to small and no tub when I needed a tub for Valentine's Day. It was late so I didn't even bother to ask for a better room. The room didn't have a garbage. When I went to breakfast I felt like the two men at the front counter was watching us. So we took our food upstairs. Over all I wouldn't stay there again, the service was bad I came to the counter 3 times and all 3 times they were on the phone and wouldn't handle my important questions

The microwave was broken. The room was poorly cleaned. I won't even mention the curtain... I called the front desk and requested that a handyman come to fix the toilet, which wasn't dirty or soiled, but just didn't flush well. A girl came and left an old worn out useless plunger for me to toil away with bad back (aggravated by their horrible mattresses, may I add)

Cheap...But you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we checked in, there was a horrible smell. The front desk attendent said they were cleaning the kitchen. It smelled like raw sewage and permiated our first floor room for about 30 minutes.

The hash brown was excellent! I appreciated them allowing us to check-in early.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first time i stayed here the room was clean, however this time there were many stains on the carpet and shower curtain. The floor needed a good vacuum as well. I was disappointed with cleanliness.

Front desk staff worker was exceptionally friendly, polite, and helpful. Location is good- near many things. Breakfast was included and good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

There was a mix-up with our reservation and we ended up in a smaller bed than I had reserved. We also were in a room designed for disabled guests, and some of the layout and features don't work as well for non-disabled guests.

It's convenient to the freeway and a strip mall

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast buffet was fabulous! I couldn't believe all the food they had. All the food that was suppose to be hot was hot and all the food that was suppose to be cold was cold. All the food was fresh. The buffet was clean. It was so nice to be greeted with the aroma of cooked eggs & bacon with just a hint of coffee brewing. It was well worth it.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Right off main highway. Feels like trucks driving in your room. Asked for one on the back side and was told the booking.con rate get s you only the motorway facing rooms. Carpet in the room dirty and seen better days years ago. Don't recommend walking barefeet Room smelly Wifi as slow as a snail

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The drive to get into the hotel was a little difficult. Once we figured out the correct way it was easy from then on.

Good breakfast, comfortable bed, quiet facility, cordial staff, reasonable price and located conveniently for us.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mattresses are not comfortable at all, staff are very rude and ugly to us. carpets looks very dirty. cleanliness are way degradable specially the breakfast area has no cleanliness at all.

Location to West Point and to restaurants and shopping

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower would not drain. We called front desk and someone came up with a (toilet) plunger and plunged drain. It drained very slowly after that. We rinced the tub trying to rid soap scum in between

Ok location &good of breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

All the good fell apart when we were charged for no show for two rooms Very very upsetting Bookings.com was great but the hotel not so much On check we were assured to my daughters reservation would be cancelled so she could stay with me (I am handicapped and my husband was not able to accompany me) also another daughter couldn't go but her brother used and paid for her room Very upsetting to have to deal with these issues They didn't get resolved but not pleasant Doubt if we will stay at this hotel again and we travel there often as we have relatives in the area

The staff was very kind and helpful Especially the young man who was very kind to my 11 year grandson He is an asset to your company Great breakfast. Great pool Great room We had 4 rooms booked 8/16-8/17 very pleased. One of them was also booked for 8/15

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

The hotel could have been better located. However, it was easy to find, and accessible to main roads and major highways, making that a trade off.

Staff was very friendly, attentive , and helpful. Attempted to answer our questions about travel and historic locations. The breakfasts and services were excellent. Ishmail had a good breakfast menu and stocked it with quality items. Vladamir , at the front desk, was friendly and oversaw our transaction very competently. A very clean and cheery establishment.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The carpet was very stained and felt greasy. It had been vacuumed buy we wore our shoes (usually wear slippers) as I didn't want the slippers picking up grease and bringing it home. Steam your carpets!!!

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast had a great selection. The hotel was tucked away beyond a convenient Plaza. It was very quiet.😊

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

The staff was so rude with us. They didnt give correct room and they asked maney yo change the room fir bigger size. In the moning they knoced the door and my father was in the shower, he tried to open the door, he felt on the fllor. They disnt apolise to us. I do not sugest to anyone. We were going to 3 night becuse of that we stayed 1 night.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Receptionist was eating ice cream while checking us in. The hotel is very dated. Breakfast ends very early. Found roaches crawling in our room. Bed sheets smell like mold

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was lovely and very accommodating. Would have like a queen bed instead of a full. Decorating/furnishings a bit out-dated and old. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled horrible. The air conditioning quality took forever. The cleaning service is a joke. The floor looked disgusting. I didn't even want to to walk on it without shoes on.

Nice place

Bathroom sink slow.other guests made too much noise.some times couldn't sleep.

Nice breakfast buffet.

It was great

It was horrible. The location was terrible and it was way too expensive for a hotel located in a target parking lot.

Shower was usable but didn’t work properly. Room 213. Skipped the breakfast and went to the Pancake place.

Bed and TV were good.

Too much plastic for everything! Try not to waste that much plastic please

Good Breakfast

Not a thing

Very thing close to stores

Aged facility, torn furniture.

Building is old and in disrepair. Bathroom smelt musty. There was a strong, unusual odor in the hallway and the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fridge and tv didn’t woru

nothing..ist a Great stay

convience

The bed was super comfy and water was very perfect for hot bath

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ate at our family home. Did not use breakfast

Coffee maker is not working. We left at 5am,

Room is cleaned

the room carpet had some stain

pillows, coffee is good

The floor in the room was not clean looks like it wasn't hoovered after the last person left.

the room was comfortable .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heater wasn't working properly

Pleasent

The toilet keap getting stopped up

Accommodation met my expectations

Every thing was great no complaints on this end ... Would def recommand ppl.

The room need a total make over Bathroom, Carpet, Drapes, Bathtub, Walls.

THEY WERE DRY AND THE BED WAS HARD.

Not alto of parking.

Like the breakfast & host was very friendly as well as receptionist.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The woman at the front desk was so nice, she went on line for us and copied directions to local restaurants

Everything was ok...

Yes--The place was very quiet and pleasant and the staff is amazing......

When we checked in woman at front desk not professional or too friendly. Big turn off for me

Hard to find. poor signage, way at the back of a Mall. Parking inadequate. Not sure I ever got my $25 incentive?

In the area I wanted to stay.

Staff could be more friendly and the place is not very lively.

Bed was great!!

Comfortable!

Cleaning people came to early in the day. 930am is too early when you don't have things planned for the day.

Staff wad friendly.

Hotel was filthy. Worst hotel room I've ever stayed at.

Why the extra $1.75 per person when checking out?

Overall A+..Why the extra $1.75 per person when checking out?

Everything was great

Quiet and friendly place. Great customer service

The rugs were stained.

Beds were comfortable,good breakfasts,staff was friendly and helpful.