Reviews of The Fairmont Washington DC 4 stars

2401 M Street NW, Northwest, Washington, DC 20037 , USA

#6 of 138 hotels in Washington

5.6

Nice hotel but noise issues.
    • Fairmont King Room

Unfortunately the room next to mine had music coming from it from 4:00 in the morning onwards. This was of course rude of the person but the hotel should have better insulation at the doorways of adjoining rooms.

The hotel is lovely and well located and the staff are very professional. The beds are comfy and the bathroom was spacious and well appointed.

I had a large, comfortable king room overlooking the...
    • Fairmont King Room

I had a large, comfortable king room overlooking the courtyard on the 8th floor. The hotel is low-key, but lovely. There is a great bar in the lobby, a large and beautiful, and an excellent gym. The staff is great.

not family friendly, wouldn't stay here again

didn't get our adjoining rooms. only one room was ready at check-in. Loud, noisy night! didn't sleep more than 2 hours as an event kept the hallways busy and loud through much of the night, then had to drive home 7 hours!!!

good location, amenties, clean

Excellent location.
    • Fairmont King Room

No free WiFi in the bedrooms.

Excellent location. Beautiful hotel with spacious and spotlessly clean bedrooms. Staff were all friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Luxury DC hotel, with amazing fragrance in the lobby.
    • Fairmont King Room

The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was very courteous and attentive. Loved that Georgetown was within walking distance. There were many restaurants in the area. The breakfast at Juniper was excellent, well laid out with many quality choices. The DC Circulator bus stops at the corner of the hotel. Overall, we loved staying at the Fairmont and enjoyed the fragrance in the hotel lobby.

Top Notch!!!
    • Fairmont King Room

My husband and I traveled here from Limerick PA. We were celebrating my Birthday and decided to check out your hotel. We loved everything about your facility! Amazing staff, ambience and all around Top Notch!!! We will definitely return to this hotel next time we visit Washington D.C.

Awesome
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is beautiful clean and spacious.The staff is super helpful. The location of the hotel is also very good and there are a lot of taxis waiting outside the hotel. Lots of eating joints are there at the walking distance. I really loved my stay in the hotel as well as the city.

Great place to retreat during a business conference.
    • Fairmont King Room

Prices for the minibar and room service were pretty high, but that seems typical of nice hotels.

Very nice sized room, and I loved the Keurig and water kettle as well as the fully stocked minibar. I also loved that the gym had a pool for swimming laps.

Excellent value for location and comfort.

Room service is a bit pricey.

The room was comfortable and spacious. The hotel is near a metro and in a beautiful neighborhood. Staff were friendly and sincere.

I won’t go back. Really don’t think it’s value for money.
    • Fairmont King Room

Just stayed at the Park Hyatt across the street, and this hotel doesn’t compare. Feels like slightly faded glamor. And paid WiFi in this day and age is ridiculous for what this hotel purports to be.

The inner patio is gorgeous for chilling on a summer evening. Breakfast buffet was good.

Lovely but overpriced and not business-traveler friendly.

Charging a separate fee for wifi is ridiculous for a hotel of this cost and quality. And the free wifi in the lobby was terrible. I won't return to the Fairmont.

The stand-alone omelet was good. The breakfast buffet is overpriced.

The air conditioning was broken and it took three calls to...
    • Fairmont King Room

The air conditioning was broken and it took three calls to get someone up to fix it. Other service ws a bit slow. Otherwise, hotel is beautiful, has a beautiful gym and is very centrally located.

This is the second time we have chosen the Fairmount and we would return in a heartbeat.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Leaving! Everyone was friendly and helpful. The gym below the hotel is convenient but not as clean as the hotel itself. It has old equipment and the pool is rather small. When reserving your room you might want to ask if it’s possible to not have an adjoining room. We could hear every conversation and baby crying in the room attached to ours.

Perfect location to access a variety of cultural and historic sites in every direction. A short walk to wonderful restaurants and to gather groceries at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Beautiful lobby with excellent service in both the lounge and the restaurant. Sumil was a hospitable bartender with knowledge about the city and the hotel.

Great choice for GW visit!
    • Fairmont King Room

Well appointed and modern style greeted us as we entered the lobby. The man checking us in was very gracious and made sure we got our 2 rooms right next to each other. He also gave us 3 very good restaurant choices. We used one for dinner - District Commons - and really enjoyed it. The room was very comfortable with a firm king bed and great shower pressure.

comfortable but not outstanding...
    • Fairmont Gold King Room

I think the refurbishment of the rooms has let the hotel down. One can't help but get the impression it was done/designed on the cheap... the furnishing are too dark, and the couch in the bedroom really takes up too much space. A modest table with two swivel chairs would be better...

Balcony and ability to get fresh air instead of aircon

• Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service for breakfast should be more consistent in the way food is sent.

Bed Super Good. Gaby Delgado, Chef Concierge Excellent, Our experience very good.

Nice facility.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Don't have free bottle water. 2 bottles of water are not big investment but would make guests feel more like being cared.

Nice facility. Great location. Very close to George town

Location was fantastic.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was fantastic. 5 minute walk to the nearest metro. 30 minute walk to most of the main attractions. The paid WiFi isn’t a real issue, all you have to do is join the loyalty program and it’s free for members. The hotel was very comfortable and had all the facilities I needed

My husband loved the surprise of me taking him there. We would definitely stay there again.
    • Fairmont King Room

I made a request for Valentine's day, and while I realize not all requests can or will be honored, I would have appreciated if someone responded to my request to let me know. That could be by e-mail before I arrived, or verbally at the check-in desk. It ended up feeling like no one really noticed or cared, which is not the way those things are handled at the very best hotels. That little extra bit of service goes such a long way.

The room was very comfortable and cute. LOVE the bath products. Enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and steam room. We had a nice, quiet meal at Juniper and overall had a great experience at the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Great hotel!
    • Fairmont King Room

We would have liked to be able to get the room cooler at night.

The room was very nice with a good size bathroom. The showerhead was great! The only criticism that we had was that we couldn't get the room as cool as we would like for sleeping.

Far exceeds impression given by photos. Very pleasant environment to stay in.
    • Fairmont King Room

Heating in the room wasn't as warm as I would have liked, and a little noisy. Adequate though and warm bed meant no trouble in the night.

Spacious, exceptionally comfortable rooms. Great selection of TV channels and ability to stream via Chrome from mobile device. Good selection of pillows. Staff were great and toothpaste was available when I realised I had left mine behind! In room lighting options also much better than most, with USB charging points on most lamps. I could happily have spent my whole stay just in the hotel.

Closer to our itinerary destinations.
    • Fairmont King Room

No provisions for basic toiletries like toothbrush n toothpaste Expensive Valet service

Closer to our itinerary destinations. Amazing Breakfast options Everything was neatly arranged by the Housekeeping staff

A good base from which to explore the museums and monuments
    • Fairmont King Room

The breakfast buffet, although good was not the same high standard in other Fairmont properties that I have stayed in. Dinner was excellent, though pricey. Our room offered us the ability to Chromecast but it kept dropping which was irritating.

A good night's sleep; very quick response to any questions/concerns; excellent, friendly service from all departments; access to a fully equipped gym and a variety of classes

I wasn't charged 155 dollars extra to a card I hqv no...
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

I wasn't charged 155 dollars extra to a card I hqv no idea why.... I have called their accounts payable people every day and left a message no response yet to this day I refuse to pay this when they can't even answer for me why it was charged terrible

Elegance and comfort

Everything was fantastic!

The hotel is beautiful, the staff are wonderful and the rooms are very spacious. Nightly turndown service was a very nice perk.

The Fairmont feels like modern luxury with a touch of warmth provided by the staff.
    • Fairmont King Room

I would have liked a refrigerator instead of having one that was stocked with for-sale items.

The accommodations were excellent; I was given a room on the 8th floor with a balcony overlooking the interior court. The room is spacious and modern looking, and super-clean. I loved the booklights built into the headboard of the bed. Guests may also use the Balance gym which has swimming pool, hot tub, steam room and saunas, and fitness classes - all for free.

I would like to thanks the staff in the front desk, and...

I would like to thanks the staff in the front desk, and security, they where extremely professional and reliable beyond my expectations. I specially wants to thank to the gentleman that worked at the front desk the early morning (6:00 am) of 11/14/17 whose sent my forgotten wallet to the airport before we missed our airplane! I wish I could remember his name. Thank you again!

The hotel was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
    • Fairmont King Room

Room service and the food over all is very expensive and the portions very small for the price.

The hotel was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Very educated and friendly staff.

Awesome!
    • Fairmont King Room

Nothing. We had a great time and this hotel was a big part of the experience. I will definitely return within the next year and plan to stay here again....if the rate is as great as it was this time.

Everything was great....I can barely get my husband to stay in a hotel and this one was excellent all the way around. Location was great for us as we had passes to the Smithsonian - National Museum of African American History & Culture.

Very enjoyable!!!!!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

My friends and family members thought it was perfect..

everything about the entire experince of the stay was GREAT. The Front desk, The valet and the cleanliness of the rooms were perfect.. I would definetly stay at the Fairmont again and recommend the Hotel to family and friends

The Fairmont Hotel is heavenly; I highly recommend it.

Everything was perfect.

The Fairmont exudes upscale elegance from the moment the doormen greet you up until you meet the front desk staff. There is a lovely fragrance wafting throughout the lobby that I could not place; it is their soap - Rose31. The rooms are large and I was upgraded to the "Gold" floor on level 9. The décor was lovely; the towels were fluffy and the mattress was perfect. I slept like a dream. The hotel provides a 'car' to take you within a mile or so from the property during the evening hours. An added plus - it is located within a residential area where restaurants and shops are all within walking distance.

Breakfast was great,the staff was excellent.
    • Fairmont King Room

Breakfast was great,the staff was excellent. The gym was outstanding!! I will definitely stay at the Fairmount again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who travel to D.C. The location is excellent!!

Traveling on business with my huband and our 2 year old lab.
    • Fairmont King Room

Traveling on business with my huband and our 2 year old lab. The staff could not have been more accomodating, even delievering a dog bed to our room. Parking was easy and the room lovely. We were concerned about traveling with a pet but it could not have been easier. The hotel is also well located with easy walks to Georgetown and Dupont Circle. We will definitely make the Fairmont our go to hotel in Washington.

British Columbia Listings For Sale
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

stuff at bar is not that friendly. I was there for two days, and sitting in bar area and no one asked me for any drinks, maybe next time I have to wear business suit.

clean and comfortable

Loved it!
    • Fairmont King Room

The pool could've been a little warmer and the hot tub was out of order.

The staff was very friendly and informative. We felt very comfortable with the area and the room. I'm glad I extended my stay, we will definitely be back. We had a fantastic meal at Ris, just around the corner.

The hotel and staff were top rate!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Your price quote was NOT honored at the hotel. Their promotion was NOT honored through Booking.com! Parking was to be free - it was not!! 53$$$$ The hotel was apologetic and will never use booking.com.... will go directly to hotel to book.

The hotel is elegant and attentive to every need.

Amazing location, great facilities and very help, professional staff.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was great, staff very friendly, helpful and professional! The location is AMAZING! A short stroll to Georgetown and easy walk to most attractions. We drove to DC from CT and didn't use the car once after arriving. Our only negative was the surprise $56 per night car park fee on our bill at the end of our stay which we didn't expect. We would stay at this hotel again

beautiful property and attentive staff staying here for my next trip to DC!
    • Fairmont King Room

none during my two night stay.

Impeccable, consistent service from all levels of staff. Standard check-out time of 1p is later than most hotels, which made a tremendous difference - did not feel rushed. Please continue this culture and I will be a frequent guest. Thank you.

Extremely Comforting and relaxing despite check in staff
    • Fairmont King Room

The staff at check in was very patronizing. It didnt feel good when I checked in. This may be the only reason why I wouldn't come back here.

I love the location and the room was very comforting. It was my partners birthday and the room was set up for him to feel surprised. I had a very good time and feel like I could stay here again.

Wonderful week end
    • Fairmont King Room

We were on the gold floor, excellent breakfast,attention. Room was comfortable, nice amenities and bed was really comfy. My husband is very picky about beds and he loved our bed.

Wonderful!

Only downfall which is pretty much standard in the city was $50 parking fee

The room was comfortable. It had a couch and table which was very convenient. The hotel offered 24 hour room service which was a plus. The lobby and bar area was beautiful and very well done.

Over easy eggs were overcooked and the breakfast tray was...
    • Fairmont King Room

Over easy eggs were overcooked and the breakfast tray was left in my room after the room was serviced. I placed it outside my door and it was still there the following morning.

The setting of the hotel was nice but we were disappointed that services were not all provided.
    • Fairmont King Room

My wife and I were prepared to use the indoor pool on a cool fall weekend. However, we not told that the pool was closed and no alternatives were provided until we asked. Also, there was a long wait at check in and check out.

My wife were pleased with Gold club benefits and the staff at the club. Also, the cleaning staff were very helpful to our needs.

Another great stay (certainly not our last) in this beautiful, perfectly situated hotel!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Disapointment: upon arrival we heard from the hostess in the gym that the pool was closed for annual maintenance, would have liked to know this in advance since we were really looking forward to swimming every day... Last day we had breakfast in the hotel a few minutes before 10 am: host at restaurant seated us without informing us the scrumptious buffet was about to be closed, would have liked to know this at the moment of being seated...

Beautiful hotel in perfect location within walking distance of the National Mall and Georgetown: our favourite parts of DC!

Great memories.
    • Fairmont King Room

Amazing staff. Excellent room and facilities. Helpful staff, asked and granted late check-out. A place to live and spend lots of good time. Will stay only in Fairnont in DC.

The Fairmont is a lovely hotel with great customer service, a good location, and beautiful decor.
    • Fairmont King Room

I wish the hotel would offer free wi-fi.

The hotel is immaculate and newly renovated. The staff is incredibly helpful and the amenities are great, including the gym. The bed was very comfortable, the room was large by DC standards, and well appointed. The location is pretty good - in the West End area near Foggy Bottom and close to Georgetown and down town.

Exceeds our expectations
    • Fairmont King Room

Great location next to Georgetown, near subway and not far from Lincoln Memorial. Very professional staff, helpful, welcoming and available. The rooms are spacious, well equipped, clean and quiet.

Room on the lounge floor was nice and clean.
    • Fairmont Gold King Room

Not enough vegetables in the breakfast.

Room on the lounge floor was nice and clean. Keurig coffee maker in the room, and large comfortable bed, as well as a couch and small table. Nice shower products in the bathroom. Lounge was key. Took breakfast as well as snacks there, and more importantly, a hot or cold beverage was available 24/7. I little bit of a walk to get to the major tourist attractions, but Foggy Bottom is a great neighborhood.

Great location!
    • Fairmont King Room

Parking is 50$ per day. WiFi is not included :( which I find a bit annoying, especially in high end hotels like this.

Great location! 5 minute Uber ride to the national mall and all the landmarks. Nice area to hang out at night with many restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel is very nice and luxurious, pleasant staff and comfy rooms. Recommended!

Adequate but the concierge screw-up caused a panic.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Concierge gave out incorrect information regarding Embassy locations. If followed, we would have been late and 2.5 miles out. The actual location was literally around the block shared with Mexico.

The hotel was clean.
    • Fairmont King Room

My room was by the service elevator and facing an alley with a trash can. I wasn't sure if it was because of the discount rate.

The hotel was clean.

Good apart from the above comments
    • Fairmont King Room

The hotel lets people with dogs stay in the same area rooms as other guests. We complained to staff as the room opposite the dog barking was intollerable at night and the people left the dog unattended during the day with a do not disturb notice on the door and it barked one afternoon whilst we were relaxing for over one hour". The hotels policy needs reviewing

the relaxed atmosphere in the hotel and friendliness of all staff

Very nice upmarket hotel, but make sure you aren't allocated an inter-leading room!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were put into a family room with an inter-leading room and other guests were in the other room. We could hear every word they were saying and I am sure they could probably hear our conversation. In past experience, inter-leading rooms are used for families and not to fill a Hotel to full capacity. No welcoming staff were present on arrival and checkin staff were not very friendly.

bed was very comfortable, location was great, facilities were good too.

Meets all expectations, but doens't exceed them
    • Fairmont King Room

Things like internet are extra, which is a bit ridiculous, I think. For a four star hotel there are little things that aren't quite up to par, like the Keurig coffee maker with Green Mountain coffee. I was disappointed that there weren't any slippers. It seemed that the in-room dining breakfasts were also particularly expensive, a little pricier than in other hotels of this caliber. I didn't order breakfast so I can't speak to the quality of the food. But these are small quibbles and no reason not to stay at this hotel.

Nice hotel. Updated and modern. Good location. Very spacious rooms. Spotless. Very nicely maintained lobby and common areas. All in all it's what you would expect from a place with its star rating. Nothing spectacular however. I would certainly stay again, but only if I got a good deal.

Great visit!
    • Fairmont King Room

The hotel was wonderfully decorated and most of the staff were very friendly. The hotel also smelled great. Not sure what the scent was but I love it!

Stayed for a week and loved it.
    • Fairmont King Room

We loved the location. Lots of restaurants within easy walking distance, even a good laundry close by. The staff were really good. Taxis at the door and a Metro station 5 minutes away.

The Location, staff, rooms, cleaning was excellent.
    • Fairmont King Room

During my booking at this hotel it was written that hotel offers free wifi. But at rooms the internet is daily costs 14.99 USD. It was not the same at the booking.

The Location, staff, rooms, cleaning was excellent. I just enjoyed to stay at this hotel. For future I will stay again at this hotel.

Every time I stay at The Fairmont, staff, and all...

I believe I was double charged for the last reservation. I asked for invoices, only received two, but have 4 charges.

Every time I stay at The Fairmont, staff, and all accommodations are always excellent. I always enjoy my stay. Love that they have 24 hour valet and room service. Everyone is always awesome!

Quiet, elegant, and with promotion - very affordable.

$51 parking tab was higher than expected

Room was spacious and quiet. Property was updated and very clean. Hotel gym was probably the biggest I've ever been to. First rate upscale hotel. Calm environment. Really enjoyed the stay.

Very elegant hotel in a great location, walking distance to...
    • Fairmont King Room

Two incomprehensible things really spoil the image of the hotel. First, there is no complimentary water, they charge you $8 per bottle. Second, you have to pay for wifi $15 a day - in these days that is clearly a no go as it does not cost the hotel anything to provide free wifi, needless to say you already pay for it in the room price which is not cheap.

Very elegant hotel in a great location, walking distance to both Georgetown and Washington Mall. Spacious, clean rooms.

The perfect modern hotel in DC
    • Fairmont King Room

Nothing - would definitely stay again

Quality of furnishings, size of room the lobby, everything brand new and beautiful.The room is luxurious and extremely comfortable beds.

We stayed @ fairmont b/c of the deal, but I wouldn't go back b/c of what happened to my daughter
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Room should have been cleaner. My daughter got bed bug bites. She was miserable for 2 weeks.

Centrally located. Walk outside & many eateries available.

It´s a good option to stay close to the mall.
    • Fairmont King Room

The staff was not very honest offering the real parking options. They tried to get us park with the hotel ($51 night) for a three day weekend when you can park for free in the street. We asked and they told us that we couldn´t do that when in fact we could and did. AND WIFI IS NOT FREE!!! ($14) REALLY?? C´MON!!! 21st CENTURY!!!!

Great location and a great hotel overall.

Our new go-to-place in DC. Relaxed luxury.
    • Fairmont King Room

No air circulation in the bathroom. Valet only option, pricey

Elegant design, spotless room & common areas, new finishing, exquisite marble. Staff was amazing discreet yet attentive. Great safe location. Very comfortable room and bed. Easy stay. True 21st century luxury.. room service menu second to none, both choices and quality of food. Very quiet rooms. Extremely pet friendly & no fee.

An above average hotel, at a below average price.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn't care for the pillows, they were down and compressed as you slept. The room service menu wasn't the greatest either.

The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. The entire building was clean and well maintained. The location ended up being better than expected. For most people way too far to walk to the monuments, but uber was great in DC, and the hotel was in a great neighborhood right in the middle of Georgetown, the waterfront, DuPont Circle, and downtown. To get anywhere I wanted to be was usually less than an $8 Uber.

The location is great.
    • Fairmont King Room

The location is great. The metro and buses are not far. The room was perfect. Clean and spacious. The gym inside the hotel is great. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who plans a stay in Washington for a weekend or longer.

Overall it was a great experience!
    • Fairmont King Room

The a/c unit was not working properly in the room our first few nights and it was warm. They fixed it and it seemed to get better. Made another reservation to stay 2 nights longer and we had to switch rooms. The second room was the exact same on a different floor, but it had a terrible smell to it or to the bedding or something. They only had the small Keureg Coffee machine in the room and no where else to get coffee in the mornings. We are used to hotels that have a free coffee in the lobby somewhere and so we missed that.

Found a great rate on Booking because it was a low occupancy time of year and then we received an upgrade and the room was great.

We were very happy with the accommodations.
    • Fairmont King Room

The parking was a little pricey.

The staff was very friendly and provided us with information, when we requested it. The rooms were super clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Design , spacious room, clean &afresh smell of the lobby
    • Fairmont King Room

Room cleaning not satisfied, bathroom dusty, stains not removed , bed Lenin not changed, housekeeper didn't refill the coffee and tea in my room .

Design , spacious room, clean &afresh smell of the lobby

Disappointed there was no free internet
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No free internet. Really no acceptable at a hotel of this nature. The Park Hyatt across the street offers free internet and is a nicer hotel. Go there

Relaxing.
    • Fairmont King Room

Even though I didn't care to watch tv, I was surprised by how poor the image quality was.

Staff were very attentive. Also, the gym access was stellar. Great gym, possibly the best I've ever had access to through a hotel.

Everything about this place was perfect!
    • Fairmont King Room

Everything about this place was perfect! Nice to be slightly out of DC Centrally - Slightly out of the centre which is nice and Foggy Bottom is beautiful. Lovely restaurants and fun bars!!

Really enjoyed out stay, we'll probably stay again next time in DC.
    • Fairmont King Room

It was August, so the AC was running, but the downside is that it would turn on and off (loudly) frequently. We needed to have a car, and the Valet parking wasn't cheap, but I guess that shouldn't be a surprise.

Staff was professional, facilities were nice, and location is great. The Valet service was quite efficient and friendly, however a bit pricey for me.

Great location but staff lacking friendliness
    • Fairmont King Room

Unfortunately we didn't experience friendly staff, check in took upwards of 15-20 mins - exceptionally and painfully slow. Room was modified for the less able bodied, which was not ideal for our honeymoon. We were offered a twin room as an alternative. Generally not a wonderful stay and wouldn't recommend.

Fantastic location - can walk to the white house in 20 mins, great gym facilities and nice hotel ambience.

Loved it, enjoyed every minute of my stress free stay.
    • Fairmont King Room

There was nothing that I didn't like. I was staying one night but decided to stay another night just to relax.

It was a very beautiful place to stay with a very friendly professional staff. The rooms are very clean and linen is fresh.