Reviews of Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort 4 stars

633 East Cabrillo Boulevard, East Beach, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA

#47 of 71 hotels in Santa Barbara

We may return but with a kettle, Eskie , beach towels, bikes on the roof and lower expectations.
    • Junior King Suite with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

Pool bar - Last call for drinks and snacks at the pool was 4.20 pm! This was disappointing for parents at the end of the day! B y o? Tennis courts - are a private club. We couldn’t get a court at a time that would suit. Also you need to bring tennis shoes not running shoes . We had the impression the courts were part of the hotel facilities so this was disappointing . Room service - menu was not in the room. I couldn’t get one delivered to the room until 5 pm. Room service - when I called at 8 am to ask for two jugs of hot water to make a cup of tea ( as they don’t have kettles in the rooms) I was told no we are too busy ......! I called again and I am still waiting ..... Operator / communications - a bit of a mess. We had a package delivered to the hotel at night and called reception to specifically ask them to hold it for us until morning so that we would it be woken. Instead the box was delivered to our room whilst kids asleep. The message did not get through . Pool - no beach towels bring your own! Bike rental - expect to pay $11 per person per hour for a city bike and $40 per hour for a fun family bike. These are not covered by the amenity fee ( it covers one hour for one person only - not for each person ). So for a family of 4 you are paying $$

Good housekeeping , friendly staff! Excellent location Lovely pool ( no lifeguard)

Santa Barbara Vacation
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View - Hearing Accessible

The remodeling of the lobby took away some of the charm of the Fess Parker. The new decor appears white washed, it is missing the character that it previously had. This loss detracts from the percieved value that hotel possessed when it was The Fess Parker. The lobby staffing seemed to be inadequate for a property this large. The workers were polite, but due to the lack of numbers, the wait time was excessive.

The location across from the beach and the weather in Santa Barbara. The beautiful flowers surrounding the property with their fragrance help to make up for the loss of charm from the remodeling and the removal of Fess Parker's name.

Location is great!
    • King Room with Balcony or Patio and Ocean View

The hotel was really standard and for the price I’d expect above standard. Location was the only impressive thing about this hotel. Staff were not friendly. At check in the female employee did not provide an overview of the property. She only answered questions with prompting and provided me with a hotel map only when I requested one. Pet-friendly room smelled of dog urine!

Location is great!

Staff friendly, sent wine and cheese in celebration for my...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony with Ocean View

Could not see ocean. Room less than expected for price. Perhaps needs updating. Have stayed in nicer rooms for much less. It was ok, but we were disappointed. No robes...

Staff friendly, sent wine and cheese in celebration for my 50th birthday! It was SO nice!!! Staff was friendly and wonderful!

Nice and expensive
    • King Room with Balcony or Patio and Partial Ocean View

There was a railroad directly behind the hotel. I didn’t hear any train during the night. The couch in the entrance hall was pretty used and didn’t make the best impression for such a high price hotel.

The rooms were very nice. The size is good and the bathroom looked quite new. The beach is directly located across the street. We travelled with our dog and got a small dog bag with a toy and some treats.

Looking forward to the old Fess Parker hotel remodel the upgrades are ok but do not make it a world.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View - Hearing Accessible

The remodel makes the hotel feel quite cold. The renovation was ok but did not make it into a luxury hotel. Not by any means. Small details were missing such as quality of items in the bathrooms.

The location is convenient. The parking lot was free. Staff are very friendly. Staff are professional and helpful. Amenities such as gift shop and hair/nails are terrific.

We had an awesome time. Love the property and the staff. Great job to all.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

I didn’t not like anything.

I suggest you upsize your coffee pot for room service. I snorted out my nose when I saw a 4-5 cup “LARGE” pot for 4 adults. Seriously I need that much just for myself. We had rooms, 373, 359 and 255 by the way. But we gathered in 373 for coffee and this was really a joke. We ordered two pots the next day and that still wasn’t enough. But fortunately out room service guy happily went and got us more....

Top class hotel with rooms with ocean view a real plus
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

Card to operate parking gate malfunction

Room big, beds large and comfortable, bar and bar “food” excellent. Bit of a walk to the pier and State St but shuttle can save the walk.

We met Frinds from out of town there and had a great time.
    • King Room with Ocean View

We had an ocean view room, but you pretty much had to stand up to see the ocean because of the roofline sticking up above the deck wall.

We found the rooms to be very spacious and comfortable.

Beware of the ants in your room.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

When we returned late on night on our second night, the room was filled with ants. They moved us to another room, however, they offered NO HELP in getting us down to our new room. Then, when we woke up the next morning, we had ants in the new room. They did nothing to address this issue and offered us nothing. We were there with other people who simply complained about their room size and they received free breakfast for their entire family for all mornings they were there and free parking and free Wi-Fii. We had to change rooms only to have ants in the new room and they didn't even apologize for the inconvenience of it all.

The pool was very nice and the staff for valet parking was very helpful.

Had a great view. Nice to sleep to the sound of the waves. Room was very spartian
    • King Room with Ocean View

For the cost of the room I would have expected sandals and robes to be provided. This is supposed to be a ranking hotel yet the amenities were lacking. I would have thought that for the cost of the room that they would have given a complementary bottle of Fess Parker wine also. The room was very bare bones.

Could do a lot better with minimal effort
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The only place to eat was the bar, the food was very poor with little to no choice for lunch or evening food, the lobby bar and breakfast are are soulless and large cavernous spaces with no athmosphere

Beds and Room were clean and spacious. Staff were very good overall

For the short amount of time that I stayed it was pleasant.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The rate is pretty high and the rooms can get a makeover. I would of liked an extended check out time and only got 30min. extension :(

The location was excellent, front desk was knowledgeable and the front desk agent had excellent customer service skills and made me feel welcomed.

Wonderful!
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Comfortable beds & pillows. Well maintained property inside & out. Lovely courtyard view. Very quick check in & out. The valets were very prompt, polite & helpful with local restaurants.

Not as good as I was there before.
    • King Room with Mountain View

Wished I had been told it was going through renovations, I would of went somewhere else. Front reception desk were not friendly. Also asked if I wanted a warm cookie but never gave it to me.

Tesla chargers. Valet services was welcoming and friendly.

Nice time was had by all.

No problems.

They are currently undergoing a large remodeling project, but this had no effect on our visit. Staff was friendly enough. Hotel is clean and well maintained and is located in a sweet spot vis-a-vis easy access to restaurants, bars, marina and zoo. We brought our bikes and pedaled all over the place. It was a good time!

Rooms was comfortable but nothing special. Not worth the price. Wait for remodel.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

I have stayed in Santa Barbara a number of times and could never bring myself to pay the rate for this hotel. While traveling for work, I was able to share a room (and the bill) with co-worker so we decided to treat ourselves. Arrived after dark - parking lot and hotel campus area were both very dark. I don't usually worry about these things however, we were 2 women traveling on business and I was very uncomfortable walking alone in the courtyard area. In desperate need of lights in parking lot and near building areas. Registration desk was in makeshift lobby area. Staff told us the hotel was recently purchased and would receive a complete remodel. A bit pricey without anything special to account for the price. Paying for the name I suppose. Was likely a top notch hotel in it's day. In desperate need of refurbish.

Room was spacious. Two double beds. Plenty of open space. Two sinks - 1 inside bathroom and one in vanity area was convenient for 2 travelers. Registration staff was pleasant. Fresh baked cookie at check-in. Bed was very comfortable.

Close to beach and nice atmosphere.

No complaints

We stayed at Fess Parker the night before our wedding day. We were married at Santa Barbara Courthouse. The room and bed were very comfortable and their was no outside noise. Staff were very friendly and we will stay here again on our next trip to Santa Barbara.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
    • King Room with Ocean View

This is just a pet peeve with me but I don't think any hotel should charge for parking if you're staying there. This property has a huge parking lot.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a family medical emergency come up and had to leave unexpectedly and they made sure to get help with our luggage and had our car waiting right away. They approved a credit for one night with no problem.

Great place with great service.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The day shift bartender, wish I new his name, had an attitude. luckily the evening bartender more than made up for him.

I have never been to a hotel where almost everyone there went so out of the way to be helpful, impressive.

Great beachfront location and nice walk along the sea front...
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

Pool bar was shut as low season. The pool itself was not cleaned that often and did look a bit dirty by our 3rd day.

Great beachfront location and nice walk along the sea front to downtown. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Nice bar for evenings. Staff were pleasant. Lovely hot tub!

The location is perfect as it is within walking distance to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

I think such a hotel in this category should not have to charge for parking and should be able to provide free wifi .

The location is perfect as it is within walking distance to the town as well as the beach . A very attractive pool area as well as attractive hotel buildings .

Good location but hotel in need of a renovation for the price paid
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

The hotel is in need of a renovation which I understand is occurring shortly. Unfortunately our toilet blocked up at 10pm & overflowed & whilst the staff were helpful in assisting to clean it up & fix the toilet, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Good location opposite the beach, helpful staff & nice pool.

Santa Barbara is always great when the ocean is across the street
    • King Room with Mountain View

Had room problems, ants, no air conditioning (normally wouldn't be a problem but was unseasonably hot), moved us to a different room and had an issue with the patio door not operating properly, parking gate card worked half the time, hotel checkout took forty minutes because of booked room price and actual bill, had to wait for a manager. Bill difference was about $500.00!

The hotel was a great location and facilities were very good...
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

There was no elevator to our take the suitcases up and the cabinet doors were in need of repair but otherwise we would have liked to stay longer.

The hotel was a great location and facilities were very good with a pool and gardens. The bathroom was a decent size as well as the room and the beds were very comfy.

We enjoyed the restaurants and the pool and the beds.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

We were told we would have a refrigerator in the room. When we got there the small fridge was full of mini-bar drinks. We removed them so we could put our food in the fridge. We got back from dinner and the food was warm. I called the front desk and they explained that this was not a refrigerator to keep things cold. If we wanted a fridge it would cost $35 and they could bring it in. That was disappointing. The room was ok. Beds were great. It was old and now kept up well. The dresser drawer was scratched and the door over the mini bar would not close. (warped). The shower was very old style. Around the grounds we saw night lights on the lawns pulled out and laying on the ground. For the $455 we paid a night (plus tax, parking) it just wasn't what we expected.

The breakfast buffet included in the price was very good. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi

Good and friendly for families with kids, but need to be updated
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Rooms are aging Line to get a table for the breakfast. Kind of far from central streets and restaurants.

Good hotel for the family with kids, but a bit aging. Swimming pull is ok. Beach is close. 15 min walk from the central street in Santa Barbara. Service was good, reception very helpful. Breakfast buffet had many choices including omlettes prepared by individual order.

Had to pay $30 a night extra for car parking!
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

My fault as I should have researched further, always refine my search to places with free wi-fi, turns out at this place that it's only in communal areas, nightmare with three young adult/children travelling with you! Luckily my husband is a Hilton honors member so we got it free as a bonus but if he hadn't of been this would have been a disaster! Also, it really irks me to be charge $30 extra a night for car parking - almost all of their guests must come by car, they have a huge car park, just NO!

Had to pay $30 a night extra for car parking!

A great location, but disappointing hotel.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

We had to pay $13 for wifi, which didn't work (and was refunded), $21 a night for parking and $35 extra a night for a pull out bed, even though we'd booked the room for 2 adults and 3 children. The decor was tired and there were insects in the room when we arrived.

Great location next to the beach

Overpriced for what you get!
    • King Room with Mountain View

The rooms, don't be fooled, Mountain View is parking lot and trash view, our room was filthy with hair on the floor, trash behind the trash can, light cover missing and a toilet seat that was too big!

Not worth the amount of money for this basic, ordinary, room. Overall, not a returning customer.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

there was left over old food in our refrigerater had to call to have a light changed, it was not working we had a neighbor that smoked our wifi didn't work the TV was very glitchy

welcome cookies are delicious, and the treat bag for our dog was a nice touch. Bed was comfortable.

Could be a fabulous hotel due to location sadly it needs a refubishment - FAST.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

Pool is tiny. Far too small for size of hotel and amount of guests. Rooms are very bland and beige and need refurbished. Hotel could be fabulous due to location but lots of work need done. Paid extra for Ocean view rooms don't think I would bother again though, we were on ground floor and view was primarily parked cars on East Cabrillo Avenue so didn't see the sea and the outside furniture was filthy. Surely maids could clean these before guests arrive or use covers for the seats/loungers to protect them.

Helpful staff, moved us to new room minutes after we complained about dampness smell in first room we checked into. Ample parking, you can check in then drive to your hotel room. Sprawling hotel. HUGE rooms but definitely needs a refurb and a splash of colour. Breakfast was very good indeed, huge variety in the buffet and on order by way of menu. Only thing disappointing the Starbucks in the hotel shuts at 2pm which is not good if you are a caffeine addict.

The rooms need an upgrade.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

The rooms need an upgrade. The doors were scratched, the bathroom was outdated, the TV wasn't in HD, the security system to get in to the building where we stayed was broken. For how much you pay, it certainly wasn't worth the money.

Good pool and location but rooms aren't great, esp for the expensive bill with all the extras
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

The room is dark and not pleasant, the corridors smell. Not what I'd expect for a pricey Hilton hotel

The staff were fantastic. The pool and location are good

We intend to return sometime within the next twelve months.
    • King Room with Garden View- Hearing Accessible

Salads and lettuce used could be improved.

Staff was very friendly, cheerful and helpful. One of the best in many visits elsewhere. Our room on the ground floor with the small patio worked out well for our dog.

Nice hotel but could use renovation
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

hotel was probably grand some time ago. Rooms and general feeling is now outdated. Pool area is fine but would need a renovation. Lunch and dinner options limited for such a large establishment, staff ok but not really outstanding.

the location near the beach and the original architecture of the hotel, large spaces, though certainly fading now...

We LOVE the Fess Parker Hotel
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Glass coffee cups in the rooms would be appreciated.

The Staff was extremely friendly. The location was PERFECT. The food was Excellent!!! All in all a Wonderful stay.

Location is fantastic and room has a lot of space!
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

We had issues with internet connection at our room and the hotel only gave a AT&T support number, which I called and took a while as always ... however problem was not solved and the Hotel did not seem to care about it ...

Location is fantastic and room has a lot of space!

While the hotel was modern and clean with good facilities we...
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Too expensive. Quote did not match at time of booking. Extra charges were added to the bill which we were not expecting - currently taking up with hotel.

While the hotel was modern and clean with good facilities we found that it was poor value for money in comparison to many of the motels that we stayed in on our trip and was the only booking that did not match the quote! Room was clean and spacious. Rollaway bed was provided at extra charge. Nice view of pool and beach from the room. Hotel restaurants reasonably priced. Pool was great.

The room smelled, mosquito's were in the room, the...
    • King Room with Mountain View

The room smelled, mosquito's were in the room, the screen for flies was not built properly so they were getting in. They could have given us a better room. Disapointed very much with the stay.

Great ocean view--not worth the $$
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Room had mold in the bathroom. Screen door on patio wouldn't close. Carpets were stained and looked dirty. Very dated property. Not worth the money. Wish we had just stayed at a motel, since the Super 8 rooms looked nicer online. Very disappointed!

Staff was very friendly

Ok overall
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

The furniture was old and chipped. The tv was too small and on-site parking too much per day. No free breakfast either.

Everything was near by and easy to go to.

Expensive but decent
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Smelled a bit. Dated. At 700 per night it is a rip off. At 400 through booking.com it's still expensive. Anywhere else this is a 200 a night hotel

Great location. Nice pool.

Pricey but nice with great staff.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

Expensive room cost and parking should be free. Minor issue was a crazy pool towel system. When rooms are this expensive who cares about checking in and out every pool towel.

Good location with a good pool. Spacious and a good bar and staff. Excellent moderately pricey breakfast but with great staff. Santa Barbara is a great relaxing city with good bars and restaurants. Recommend Condor Express whale watching, ok for kids also, don't worry about 4.5 hour trip- needs it.

The beds were comfy
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

The place was too expensive for what you got and the room could have been cleaner. It doesn't look like anyone has cleaned behind the furniture in a long time. I would not stay there again.

The beds were comfy

Lovely property, friendly staff, room slightly outdated
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The room was pretty big but could use updating. The hallway smelled musty. The shower handle was loose and two tempatures, HOT and cold

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds and views were beautiful.

Ocean view the bomb!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Needed a cart to travel the property it is so large .. getting to lobby was inconvenient and to pool amenities ... the jacuzzi too small was occupied the hole time and could not enjoy it

Ocean front view was the best I have ever seen

Not worth the money
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Hotel needs updating. Has an amazing location right by the ocean but you would never know it while on property. Can't see the ocean. Also very generic. Has no charm. Some hotels are old but cool cuz they have charm. This hotel was just generic. For the price totally not worth it. Will say the Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hated the towel policy at the pool. If you are going to charge these prices you need to make your place special and update your property.

Staff was super friendly and communicated via text very efficiently

Save your money and go elsewhere
    • King Room with Ocean View

Rooms in desperate need of upgrades. Dirty, spiders in bed. Spoke with manager who made promises to fix. He left for the day with nothing being done that he said would be. For the price, rooms need to be improved. Cant go just on great grounds and location. Towels felt as if from a Motel 6. Not kidding.

Location. Beautiful grounds.

Lovely property, lovely accommodating staff. Signage and internet need improvement.
    • King Room with Mountain View

I was very frustrated with the internet and phone reception. The property was not well marked, and difficult to find your building in the dark by vehicle. I would have to get out of the vehicle to see the not well-lit, small print directional sign repeatedly, and at 2am when I checked in, this was inconvenient. The building I was staying in was not viewable from the parking lot, so the large painted name on the building would not have been effective. The gardinia building was not even legible from one side of the parking lot due to fauna. The internet was intermittent, and I kept losing connection. I was unable to receive or make calls. I am not sure why one should even have to use a password to access the internet, as guests should just be able to connect automatically. It was hugely frustrating. All other properties I have stayed at throughout the year have been free wifi so having to call the front desk at 3am to figure it out was not convenient.

I liked the voucher for breakfast. The staff was impeccable, and very accommodating with follow up and personal touch.

We had a very nice time. We will try to stay at this hotel again.
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The room is not updated...I was a little surprised...

The location of the hotel is super. The staff is very nice and friendly. The food at the restaurant is very tasty.

Worst hotel experience ever!
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

As an International Airline pilot for over 30 years, needless to say I have stayed in many hotels worldwide, Good , bad & the ugly! Till now I have never felt the need to write a review. After having to navigate our own way to our room , whilst wishing I had my onboard GPS, we finally arrive to find a room although clean and large, it was undeniably dated, dowdy and bereft of 21st Century conveniences whilst being extortionately expensive. I'm certainly used to loud and inebriated wedding guests roaming the corridors in the early hours but on this occasion I did feel sorry for them trying to locate their room which we struggled to do sober! A first for me and the reason for writing this review was Fido the dog next door. Clearly left alone barking continually for 3 hours, whilst we were mostly being ignored and lied to by the front desk. Who were clearly hoping the guests next door would eventually turn up to shut the dog up. Front desk saying security will remove Fido and security telling us, they are not allowed to enter the room. By midnight we gave up, checked out and found a much better option close by. With so many accommodation options in Santa Barbara, I would highly recommend that you do the same!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Gorgeous Ocean Front Room with Stunning Ocean Views
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The hotel allows smoking which was not my favorite aroma, yet I understand I cannot control it. It was not horrible, just now and then you have to close your sliding doors. We had an ocean front room and I loved keeping the sliders open to see the gorgeous ocean view.

The grounds are stunning and the service was amazing.

There was a problem with our patio door, which I thought...
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

There was a problem with our patio door, which I thought they would have know about it since the room is cleaned on a daily basis. But they did fix it right away and it worked great after that.

not as nice as you would expect
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

it certainly was not worth >$500 furniture in the room broken - just coffee mate to go w/ the coffee in the room bed not comfortable I would expect for that rate to have a robe. super small soaps and shampoos

Very nice accommodations for our dog and all the other doggies - nice that every room had a patio

Not worth the price
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The rooms need to be upgraded. $500 a night isn't worth it for those rooms. The hallways smell like a nursing home. They need airfreshners in the AC vents. It was disgusting walking in the hallways. The rooms were super mediocre for the price.

Location, exterior area and the lobby

Santa Barbara - a great spot!!
    • King Room with Mountain View

Was on ground floor - people noisy up above - running, thumping - hard to sleep -- Then in the morning running and thumping again. It was annoying.

Mattresses, cleanliness, reception

Everything overpriced including room and drinks at...
    • King Room with Garden View- Hearing Accessible

Everything overpriced including room and drinks at restaurant. For the price we paid I would have expected two bathrooms in the room , a Jacuzzi tub, two beds, a fridge, etc... AND a complimentary breakfast in the morning!

Never stay in this place
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

I didn't stay after being taken to the room. It smelled, it was very dirty. The rug was wet from the bathroom to the middle of the door. Some of the furniture was in very poor condition. The roll away bed was just springs No way could anyone sleep on it. I was extremely upset after driving so long and having to leave. The place should be closed down.

Lovely place but...called us " not loyal" for booking.com reservation
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

NO WIFI ? Told booking.com guest gets no. complimentary internet Seriously in 2017?. Will never book this again 2 wine glases for 4 people 1 face wash cloth

Comfort location patking

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Wonderful beach birthday celebration.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

The Margaret's pizza from the bar restaurant.

Breakfast was delicious both days. The room and bedding were absolutely wonderful. We celebrated my Mom's 85th birthday when we returned from dinner the concierge had champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. Such a very nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Take me away 'Fess Parker'!
    • King Room with Ocean View

The room carpet was dirty and stained. Looked like it needed to be cleaned or replaced. Security locks on patio doors had to be repaired/replaced.

AWESOME VIEW OF THE OCEAN!! Great, comfy bed. Very nice and friendly and helpful staff. Luxurious and opulent lobby and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Amazing hotel

Everything was perfect.

Amazing location. Room was very quite and mattress was very comfortable. Hot spa was very clean. Our dog also loved everything.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Location is great. BUT NOT WORTH IT.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Ridiculous to have to pay $5.00 for a bottle of water $40.00 for a bottle of wine plus 21% gratuity plus 6% more plus 8% tax. Hotel is greatly over priced. Won't go again.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good location, but not worth it.
    • King Room with Garden View

Room wasn't that clean, old furniture, insects, people playing football between buildings, teenagers hanging out in common areas with skateboards, carpet needed a good wash, and no one told us there's a train track only a few feet away with trains steamrolling by.

Location was nice, and so was the staff.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

needs desperatly reconstuction
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

very old hotel . needs desperatly reconstuction . need to walk a long to go to the reception

the hotel is in a very convinient - near the beach - position in santa barbara .free parking near your room .

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great location, very nice rooms with excellent view.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The spa that works with the hotel is very unresponsive. They do not answer the phone and rarely return messages within the same business day. The rooms are very spread out over the hotel property. If you use valet, then you have a 5-10 minute walk to your room if its on the other side of the property. The hotel charged $1159.28 without asking me which was fine but they didn't use the correct card or ask me before they charged it.

Great location, very nice rooms with excellent view. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great location...Responsive staff
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Mountain View

Seemed a little run down...found a smashed bug under some papers on the desk. Drawer was broken. Hook on bathroom door fell off.

Staff were very responsive to our problems

AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAQUE
    • King Room with Mountain View

The place is like WalMart --big sprawling, impersonal, hard to navigate --pool too small, the bathroom smelled like a gas station toilet --too much cheap sanitizer. The price was over 400 for NOTHING --tiny room, no view, ugly furniture and art. It was depressing and a total bummer after a wonderful trip up and down the coast on PCH. It is stale, old, depressing.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nice and relaxing place
    • King Room Garden View - Disability Access

The rooms are a bit outdated, but still nice. I little update would do well! Our hairdryer was really very dirty, it was all sticky with hair from previous guests on it, so I didn't dare to use it. They had no kettle for us to prepare the baby's milk, we got it so far in most of the hotels. But we could get always hot water at the reception (which was quite a long walk since the Hotel is really big)

The rooms are big and has a nice classic style. The Hotel is good located, very quiet infront of the sea. The pool is very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The grounds and the location are the only good thing about...
    • King Room with Mountain View

This is an overpriced hotel that needs a major upgrade. There were no robes, so we had to walk to the pool at night in our clothes and wear damp towels back to the room. I was told the room we had didn't come with robes. The breakfast buffet was expensive and the food and service were mediocre at best.

The grounds and the location are the only good thing about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

great weekend fun. great time at the wedding we attended.
    • Special Offer - King Suite

sofa bed was uncomfortable. felt the springs in the mattress. good size though. coffee maker in our room leaked. when i out it to brew one cup, water filtered out of both sides.

king bed very comfortable. not too soft. great buffet breakfast. good choices. please add more vegan options.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great beach location but overpriced for quality and service
    • King Room Garden View - Disability Access

Over priced for quality and service. Prices similar to boutique hotel with full-service, five star rating but this was a mega-hotel with little to no special features or service.

The room was large. Linens on bed were comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Loved how dog friendly it is.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The restaurants did not live up to expectations. The rooms looked more updated on the website than in reality. But still nice.

Loved how dog friendly it is. The coockies, the ball, the tips on restaurants and beaches. We had a great little backyard were our dog could run around on too :)

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Our refrigerator smelt of stale milk
    • Special Offer - Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

They tried to charge us extra money because we had four people in our room when on our booking we had four peoples names and our room catered for five people

Our refrigerator smelt of stale milk