Reviews of Staypineapple at Hotel Rose 4 stars

50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204, USA

#22 of 124 hotels in Portland

• King Room with City View

Lots of homeless people around Portland. A sign of the times.

Nice location near water front. Rooms very comfortable and smart. Good transport links. Easy to get to local bars . Staff very helpful.

• Double Room with Balcony

No receipt no carpet in room I prepaid the day before for everything which was to include incidentals but when I checked in they hadn’t billed my card as I was told they did.

The bed was comfortable and the balcony

• King Room with City View

Room was dirty when arrived Had a lot of trouble connecting to the WiFi (normal captive portal just didn’t work) In one of the days, room service did not enter my room Even after room service visits, the room remained dirty (dust balls under the table) Too expensive for the quality.

In a great location Good staff

• Waterfront Queen

The bed seemed small, but we managed. I'm sure it was a double instead of a queen.

We very much enjoyed our stay. It was very quiet and comfortable. The bed was supposed to be a queen, but i think it was a double. The pillows were excellent and I wound up ordering some on line. Thank you for a lovely time.

• King Room with City View

Housekeeping sub par. Used coffee cups left in room. Toiletries not replaced. Also, exercise facility was never mentioned, so we didn't know there was one.

Room was comfortable and well designed.

• King Room with City View

The location of the hotel, made it very noisy. You could see a freeway, outside our window. Lots of vehicle and road noise. The air conditioner in our room didn't work. The room was very small, and had a peculiar shower design, that wasn't user friendly. I believe they charged me for both a parking and resort fee. The latter of which was never mentioned to me, until we saw the emailed receipt.

The concierge who greeted us at the front desk, when we checked in was pleasant, but that was about it.

• Waterfront Queen

Not much, only minor thing: I wish the mini fridge had a temperature control to make it colder. Took a while for drinks to really cool down.

The bed was easily one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in, and all of the little quality of life touches made everything pretty wonderful.

• King Room with City View

Our bed was uncomfortable. Back ache all week. And their euro style comforters kept falling off the bed. Not the most pleasant experience sleep wise...

Location and free bicycles are key. The staff is extremely friendly. The bar/restaurant is a nice addition too.

• Standard King Room

Very little. Parking was expensive - not free or even any discount for guests.

Perfect location - central to all the typical things you would want to do in Portland. The hotel itself is just so cool - brilliant branding - funky, quirky, different. LOVELY dressing gowns in the rooms, along with complimentary coffee, and cake in the lobby! The guy at reception gave us so many amazing tips for downtown and was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Brilliant place to stay, couldn’t recommend it more.

• Standard King Room

No Air Conditioning but there was a fake thermostat in the room. Very noisy from staff, other guests, and riverfront all night long. Shower was short and had virtually no water pressure. Everything in the room is for sale and very tacky. Would not stay here again.

Staff was friendly

• King Room with City View

The rooms themselves are fine. They're a bit cramped, especially in the bathroom—where there's only one sink and very little space to move around. This wouldn't have been as big a deal, except StayPineapple seems to dislike putting full doors on showers. So in a tight space like this was, a second person had a tough time being in the bathroom while someone else was showering—you ended up getting sprayed by a healthy amount of water. It's about the size of most rooms I've stayed in in Manhattan, which was surprising. It reminded me of a converted motel, notsomuch a boutique hotel. It was clean, and my husband and I had no major complaints. Our other StayPineapple experience in Seattle was far better, based solely on the quality of the room. The location is incredibly accessible, but we ended up preferring the neighborhoods. Downtown Portland suffers from their housing crisis and poorly funded social services—which made the area a bit sketchy. I was born and raised in Chicago, where I still live, and this environment put me on edge. It wasn't dangerous, but it certainly didn't feel comfortable.

The staff is fabulous, beds are incredibly comfy, and the value was excellent. The location is smack on top of downtown, and the hotel bar/restaurant was great for a late-night drink.

• Waterfront King

It’s right in the thick of things! There was a festival going on right across the street and they gave us some two for one deal on tickets so we could go check it out! They gave us so many suggestions of where we could go in town walking and driving around! At one point a parade ended up shutting down a few streets so we were unable to park in the hotel garage so they called around and found a lot that would allow us to park for free. So helpful and understanding!

A lot of homeless around the hotel because of rose festival and this hotel location in downtown.

Very clean, sunny room. Very good staff. Good restaurant - though waiting time can be less.

• Waterfront Double Room

It was too overpriced for what you’re getting. There were no hair dryers in the washroom. The complimentary bikes were super old and had a backpedaling brake with no gear changes. But given that it’s complimentary, it’s what you would expect. Parking is extra

It was a clean property in a convenient location in downtown Portland. The staff were super friendly and helpful!

• King Room with Balcony

Walls seem VERY thin, as we heard above, below and around us... and our patio was overlooking the street and highway off-ramp It is an old hotel that has been retro-refurbished, so it looks great from afar, but shows its age upon closer inspection.

The pillows and individual Duvets were very very comfy. Best sleep I've had in a while. Wish we could take the pillow and bathrobes. Definitely a quirky place.

• King Room with City View

The bathroom door couldn't be open while you accessed the closet, it was a warm weekend and the room got rather hot at night despite turning the air as low as it would go. While the beds were beyond comfortable the room temp would get warm.

One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on... literally ever. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and they have complimentary bikes!

• King Room with City View

This hotel chain is just a fun group of hospitality staff. The rooms and hotel and simple and to the point. Bonus there is pinapple everything. What wouldn’t you like?

• Standard King Room

Specialty Cocktails were HORRIBLE!!! Wine selection was mediocre. We did not try the food.

Superbly comfortable bed. Staff was excellent! Very accommodating for our changing schedule. City scape ...Meh.

• Waterfront Double Room

The rooms are much smaller than typical hotel rooms. There is no frig or microwave. They are very overpriced for what you get.

The location is the greatest benefit of these Stay Pineapple hotels. They are always located in the downtown area and close to downtown events. The staff at this location were very knowledgeable and professional.

• King Room with City View

No coffee, continental breakfast, room key was needed to work the elevator which the desk forgot to inform me. When I was able to ask the desk what was wrong, they told me and the card was also bad. Not a good start.

Bed and comforters were nice

• Waterfront Double Room

The check in was a nightmare. The staff needs training. There was a shift change and communication between the two shifts wasn't done, resulting in a second room charge and an extremely late night after an international flight. Absolutely furious about this experience.

The restaurant experience was the gem of my stay. The food was delicious and fresh. The staff is incredible, attentive but not hoovering.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was there for 3 nights and did not get clean towels even when mine were used laying in the floor. The used ones were picked up and rehung on the towel racks. I finally asked the last day for clean towels. The creamer was never refilled and I didn’t get new clean glasses. The bedding made it difficult to manage temperature because you can take off layers.

I asked to change rooms after I checked in and I was my bed immediately. I was unable to find the hotel and when I called the staff helped me over the phone. They were very nice and quick late at night.

• King Room with Balcony

I couldn't get a straight answer on whether I could get an early check-in. That was frustrating.

Great bed - sweet to have a balcony, and be able to open the window for some fresh air. The location is good - with a walk to bars in the evening, and along the river in the morning.

• King Room with City View

The bed was glorious! Location here is just minutes from downtown Portland and the waterfront, totally walkable. The pineapple-infused water and mini-cupcakes in the lobby were an excellent refreshment on arrival. On-site parking was super convenient as well.

• King Room with City View

The fact we had to pay for parking, but they did wave the fee. We got lucky.

It was a convenient location. Everyone working there was incredibly nice. This hotel was really clean. The beds were comfy. I loved the keurig coffee that was in our room. The pinapple them was great. Loved the pinapple cupcakes in the lobby. The doorman was a good touch. The person who got us started on our room when we checked in was very personable and he remebered us the other day from when we were walking down the street. Amazing customer service. Even the cleaner on the 3rd floor that day was so nice!

• Waterfront Queen

Room service failed to clean room, in spite of “please clean” sign posted from 10am to 3 pm and from 5 pm to 11 pm. Front desk sent someone after 11 pm call to clean bathroom, but he failed to clean, restock coffee. Keureg machine in-room coffee was tasteless and machine failed to work one of three times tried (I also dislike this machine for adding to landfill , pods are not recyclable. There was a set up for sale of coffee in the lobby, but it was not manned. Restaurant had coffee for sale.

• Waterfront Double Room

Breakfast at hotel was below average Beds were double not queen Climate controls in room were not responsive

Great location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Very clean facilities and room Friendly staff Reasonably priced onsite parking

• Waterfront Double Room

It was noisy. Our "waterfront view" was a view of tents across the street at a festival that was happening. The bathroom had no fan and the shower was tiny. The room had to airflow.

The staff were nice

• King Room with City View

i did not like that when i paid you guys added the extra $50 for holding just in case something would happen. It was not found on your WWW any where so I was not happy to give you an extra fifty to be returned in the near future, If it was said in the beginning i wouldn't have a problem it was said when i checked in that is my issue.

very convenient

• King Room with City View

Best bed I'VE EVER SEEN. I was also surprised with the commitment in making you comfortable. We've got there after a delayed flight and just wanted to watch a movie and crash. The tv was set up in an ultra easy way for me to screen my phone and watch netflix. So many amazing details that make you wanna go back.

• Standard King Room

I had a room right by the elevator, so it was a bit noisy with people coming and going. It also sounded like someone was rolling a heavy cart nearby until around 10pm, not sure if that was related to the elevator or if I was also near a service hallways as well. That's really my only complaint.

Nice rooms, everything was clean and the staff was very nice.

• Standard King Room

The room was not cleaned while we were out. the staff was extra friendly. Bed was very comfortable. The location was close to river and in downtown.

• Waterfront Double Room

The property charges for parking to stay at hotel $25. Than there is no smoking and right when we walked in to room you couldn't smell anything but smoke and that was my 2nd room I was changed too. Than dirty room bed made me and friend itch. Too much to say staff is amazing but rooms sucks definitely not worth the money stay at a motel 6 for same money probably better price. No microwave, no vending machines, no nothing unless you go to restaurant in hotel and cheapest thing is the soup of the day. Room dose offer a "munchies" box for $25 hahahaha u dont know what's even in it unless you open it!! For $25 lol than they have a stuffed animal dog on your bed waiting for you, you think it's so cute till you read the note on the bed with stuffed animal that says if you love the dog you can keep it!!! Foorrr guess how much!!!??? Only $25!!! And the mini fridge in the room doesn't work so if you try to get drinks to keep in room you have better luck keeping them outside on the counter... Again staff was great but hotel not worth it great view of water park but other than that not worth it!!!

The staff was nice

• Standard King Room

When I checked in, I wasn't given a decal for the car. Although there were no serious consequences, there were 2 notices placed on the car indicating that it hadn't been registered.

I liked the quirkiness of the hotel with the pineapple theme.

• Waterfront Double Room

The street below was a little noisy off and on during the night, but that's staying in the city.

Very comfortable beds, comforters and pillows! Great feel to the property. The "big ass dessert" I ordered to my room exceeded expectations. Overall, a great experience.

• Double Room with Balcony

There needs to be a box fan for better ventilation in the fitness center. It smelled awful in there, even though it was well-lit and had ok equipment.

The two gentlemen who run the front desk are extremely helpful, courteous, attentive.

Our room wasn’t ready until after 6PM but we were comp-ed at the restaurant for the inconvenience. We didn’t sleep well that night because you can hear everything - the dump trucks, fighting people on the streets etc.

Location was waterfront and close to many local restaurants, art and the Market.

• King Room with City View

Street noise and one night of late night/early morning very noisy and vulgar neighbor in next room—they may as well been at the foot of our bed. Good thing that I travel with ear plugs.

Very comfortable bed and pillows

• King Room with City View

The walls were rather thin. We had a family on the room next to us and we could definitely hear the louder sections of the conversations. Parking was a bit expensive, but that was our bad for not checking before-hand.

The beds were magical. The room itself is a pamper session laid out for you. From the bath robe, the Keurig and the delicious scented shampoo the entire experience was as relaxing as we'd hoped. We liked that the hotel had bikes and umbrellas for guests but we checked out too late to try those out - option is there though :) The location is GREAT

• Waterfront Double Room

Comfortable, and quite spacious room and bathroom was very clean. Convenient, attractive restaurant with good food and great happy hours, and good wait staff. Tai at the desk was outstanding in his detailed advise for buying a nice suit for my about to graduate-from-college son. We felt "equipped" and ready to shop.

• Waterfront Queen

The staff was great! I came for a staycation with my newly engaged fiancé. They comp’d the parking and a welcome fruit and cheese plate with a bottle of wine! Fast service, nice view, excellent decor.

The staff that I checked gave the best energy, after we had such a long drive to get to Portland... very informative of the best local place for a fun night!!!!

• Standard King Room

-Saw a few homeless ppl around the area which can be a little scary for girls travelling alone -Hotel parking was $25 per night even for guests staying at the hotel

-Great bed and super comfortable pillows and covers -Friendly employee and great service -Great location which is within walking distance to quite a few best restaurants in Portland

• King Room with City View

Parking was a little tricky, but that’s par for the course in the middle of a city, so not really a reflection on the hotel.

The decor was fun and quirky and gave the hotel some personality. The bed was super comfy, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Waterfront Double Room

Hmmmm. This is a tough one....well, the complementary cupcakes had whipped frosting and I really like buttercream.

The duvets on the bed were AMAZING. Location was excellent. Staff was wonderful, Tai checked us in and directed us to the best food trucks. Very clean. Hip. Bar was awesome and john the bartender was so nice. Parking on site....I could just go on...

• King Room with City View

We had two appetizers to eat but the radicchio salad was so bitter neither of us could eat it and chicken skewers were bland.

The outside of the building definitely looks like a converted motel, but when we entered the building we were so impressed by the artistic ambiance of the bar and restaurant; it’s beautiful. The quality of everything is exceptional, including the staff, and the bartender is an expert at his craft! We will definitely be back.

• Waterfront Double Room

The AC did NOT work and the room stayed above 80 the entire night. Staff did bring us a fan, but really couldn’t have a restful sleep with a boiling hot room. Also, the sliding door to the rest room would not close completely. And since I shared the room with a family member, it was a little more then awkward being able to see and hear everything that was going on in the bathroom.

Staff was super nice. Did try to fix issues we had.

• Waterfront King

The staff was so nice and accommodated whatever we needed. I loved all the amenities and the pineapple theme. The bed was really comfy, location was perfect, and food in restaurant was delicious.

• King Room with City View

Noisy, too hot, our coffee machine stayed broken for 2 days, our room hasn’t been done, and above all we got cheated! Upon checking in,( we stayed between the 03/28 and 04/01)we proceeded to our king room only to find out it was super noisy, ( we could really hear the traffic, the tram, and people talking) even though I specified on my booking that we cared so much about it being quiet. I went back down and asked if anything else was available and we got moved to another king room which faced a wall and the parking, but was slightly quieter. We were tired and even though this room was definitely a down grade we accepted, hoping we would have a better sleep. Not only we didn’t, but what’s really shocking ( and has NEVER been mentioned to us when we moved room) is that we got charged more than $200 for that!!!!! I have never experienced this in any hotels I have stayed in before. We got downgraded to a room with a view on a wall when what we’ve paid for was a king with city views and got charged $200 for that! And I only got the notification today ( 04/03), 2 days after leaving Portland! The stay was mediocre and being charged an extra $200 for is really upsetting. Double check your account before leaving and make sure they don’t edit your booking without your permission (on booking.com 2 days after we had left!!!) So unprofessional and I hope booking.com is going to intervene. So so disappointed 😔

Except for the location there’s really not much to the place

• King Room with Balcony

The room had a locked adjoining door that leaked sound from the party in the next room. We could hear conversations and everything. The bathroom was very stylish but the shower’s glass enclosure did not prevent water from getting all over the floor.

The pineapple water in the lobby was delicious and unique. The elevator had style. The bed was comfortable. The room seemed like it had been recently updated. The restaurant was inviting, relaxing and good. Parking ($25)was convenient.

• King Room with City View

The rooms don’t have individual climate control, if you’re from a warmer climate you’ll freeze as the hotel uses a central boiler system that wasn’t switched on whilst I was there (as it wasn’t below zero outside)

Funky hotel, good bar, decent fitness centre, great location

• Waterfront Double Room

Not worth the money charged. No free breakfast or pool. The front clerk is rude and they run a extra 50 dollars on your credit card in case you get drinks or damage the room. 25 dollars a night to park on their property and they nickle and dime you.

Very safe and lots of good food in the restaurant. Live music and strong drinks.

• Waterfront Queen

I wish parking were free or a flat rate, but it is expected being a downtown location.

Comfortable bed and I liked the duo duvets - great idea! Lots of plug-ins for all of our family’s devices. Very clean and liked that the rooms were not carpeted. Convenient location.

• Waterfront Double Room

Was sold as luxury property from booking.com. Far from luxury. Small rooms with only 4(?) floors for the entire hotel. Bathroom lights on the outside. Dirty baseboards. Restaurant seemed to repackage mostly frozen food.

• Double Room with Balcony

I can’t find anything that would need any improvements during my stay.

The entire experience was just superb service! I decided to add a few more days and immediately reserved an additional night. They were extremely helpful and happy to keep me on the same room without any additional charges. The bar, happy hour food and desserts will leave you speechless! Great property , location and all the staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, thank you!

• Waterfront Double Room

We had 3 people staying in a room and they only left us 2 of the comfort blankets. So one person had to use the smaller fleece blanket in the closet.

The staff were super helpful. We forgot a receipt which we needed for work and they went in and drafted up a whole new receipt. They also made great recommendations for a cute and quiet brunch. The location was also great and we were able to walk to a lot of the shopping near by.

• Standard King Room

Initially had a hard time getting the wifi to work using the credentials provided. Had to call the lobby a few times to get this sorted.

Great hotel that has nice/funky rooms, a great restaurant/bar. Its walking distance to a lot of the restaurants and bars of the downtown area.

• Waterfront Double Room

The double bed was too small for the two of us... My husband is 6 foot with his feet hanging off the bed and the bed was too soft. I kept rolling down into him. We usually don't mind a small bed as long as it's firm.

Such a fun unique hotel. We loved the location. The restaurant in the hotel had a yummy breakfast. Parking on site was convenient and hassle free.

• King Room with Balcony

The WiFi did not work for the entire five nights we stayed there. Parking is also $25 a night, which is silly it isn’t included when you are paying so much to stay there already.

Staff took money off for the WiFi and only charged for two nights of parking.

• Waterfront Queen

Hated the duvets! They got lumpy at the ends and constantly slid off bed. Some confusion over door sign - thought it asked for housekeeping to refresh room, but it didn’t happen.

Towels

• Standard King Room

I don’t personally like the European comforters, where each person gets their own (twin size)

There was a restaurant with a good bar and the location was great!

• Standard King Room

Doorman was extremely rude, and yelled at me. He really upset me and almost made us leave

Location, restaurant and bar in hotel, almost all the staff were perfect!

• King Room with City View

The huge bed with euro doona's, soooooo comfortable. Everything in the room was included, espresso, bottled water and even our bikes! Great fun stay with a great theme.

• Waterfront Queen

Best hotel experience we have ever had. Hands down. From the minute we pulled in to the minute we left. Thank you, sincerely. We were met in the parking lot but the nicest staff. At check in we were offered a free room upgrade to a beautiful suite. The staff were amazing. I wish these hotels were everywhere we traveled.

• King Room with City View

1.You can hear the other guest next door to you. 2. You share air conditioning with everyone on your floor. (Doesn’t work) 3. The the grout in the shower and outside the shower needed to be bleached. 4. The bartenders informed us they wouldn’t even stay here in the summer because the AC hardly works. 5. There was hair in our robes that was not ours. 6. There was food crumbs along the side of the bed that we noticed when we first entered our room.

The bed was comfy and the location wasn’t too bad.

• Waterfront Double Room

Bathrooms in the rooms need to have better lighting in them No dividers in men's bathroom in lobby Why do people think that men want to stand next to each other and pee without dividers Construction crew is there you should have them install some

Beds

• Waterfront Double Room

Booking.com not sending our info to the hotel.. Driving all the way to Portland from Seattle came to hotel and the hotel didn’t have our reservation. So for some reason booking.com didn’t send my confirmation to the hotel.. so we had to wait 30 minuets to only find that out then told us they had only one room available with said had two beds but they were twin beds!! We had 4 people staying in one room and the beds were so small it was very uncomfortable!! We had to wait about 30 minuets to even make sure the room was available.. it was ridiculous we had to go through that after a long drive.. the morning we were supposed to leave for some reason house keeping knocked once on the door and then continued to enter the room when we were still sleeping!! Check it wasn’t until 12!!

Customer service front desk was nice.

• Standard King Room

The bed was so comfortable, the room was nice and clean, hotel is in a great location (a walk away from bustling down town Portland but easy to get back on I-84), and the staff was super friendly and helpful.

• King Room with City View

It is weird that you can't share a single large blanket/duvet with the person you're sharing a bed with. Also, the wifi is impossibly difficult to log into. I couldn't actually log into the wifi at all, because the validation process takes too long and would eventually time out, every time. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, which we were not aware of, and therefore we were unable to access the gym facilities which was disappointing.

The bed was super comfy, but it is weird that they give you two separate duvets instead of one large blanket. The hotel really went for the pineapple aesthetic which was fun!

• Waterfront Double Room

They are number one in our book considering my dog got ill all over the elevator and lobby and all they were concerned about was his well being. They did not bat an eye when cleaning up, at least not to my face which at the time was appreciated. We of course went home immediately after the episode and they made it easy for us. Great staff!!!!

• King Room with City View

The open shower resulted in a lot of water on the floor.

The staff was absolutely amazing. Every single person was friendly and helpful despite the fact that it was a holiday weekend and they were swamped. Every single employee I encountered from the front desk to the concierge and the bar and restaurant was so personable and welcoming. And the bed was heavenly. Now I want to get a duvet! The umbrellas provided were a great help for our walk in the snow.

• Standard King Room

The room was nice. But look at what I stated in the above comments

The room was great! The staff was great! Our waiter for lunch and dinner was awesome!Honestly I feel, charge a little more for the rooms and "include" the plush toy and treats as compliment for paying for the room!

• Waterfront King

The bed was not comfortable as advertised and didn’t like the half glass wall shower. It’s too cold here to not be fully enclosed. Also the bathroom door had a non locking sliding door.

Love the theme and location. Great view of the river. The bedding was plush and the individual duvet a great idea.

• Waterfront Double Room

They can only run the heater or the air conditioner because of the system they use. We were hot in our room. They brought us a fan but it was still too warm for us.

Everything was lovely.

• King Room with City View

Our room was noisy being on the Metro side I selected a Metro view next time I would select a city view. Additionally, our room was HOT! I am not sure our heater/AC was working we turned it down but could never get any sort of ventilation.

The staff was super friendly, the location was fabulous , the room was clean and felt safe and secure.

Browse Staypineapple at Hotel Rose traveller photo gallery