Reviews of Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa 3 stars

2777 4th Street, Santa Rosa, CA 94505, USA

#7 of 19 hotels in Santa Rosa

• Executive King Room

Gross, uncomfortable, coffee pot and coffee disgusting, wore my flip flops the whole time. Couldn’t sleep. It was loud. Sounded like running water on all night.

The room was big and spacious

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing fully met my expectations.

Staff, nothing too much trouble. Very clean. Room very relaxing with comfortable bed. Plenty of hot water. Tea and coffee facilities. Infact every thing you might need for a one night stopover or a two week stay. If you enjoy a healthy lifestyle a great swimming pool too. Thank you. Phil.

• Superior King Room

The ac was not working in the room. Call the front and was told that they will send someone. Waited unti 1 am and no one came. The room was too hot to sleep.

Na

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was only one bar of soap and one serving of coffee. The hot tub needs major repairs and it would be best if kids under 12 weren't allowed to use it; I'm pretty sure a little boy urinated in it when we were there! There was only one receptionist when we checked out, so there was a long line. She did not email the receipt as promised and I was never informed that there would be a $50 charge to my card that would be credited later.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The pool is always delightful.

• Superior King Room

My daughter was your guest while visiting us. One of your entrance doors to the hotel was not working. Returning guest were pounding on the door, all night, which was next to Lisa's room. Your morning desk person took $40.00 off the room charge A good nights sleep would have been much better.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrrived, we didn't have sheets on the bed. The houskeeper didn't clean very well after the first night.

Nice hot tub. Actually hot at a blissful 104 degrees.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room services food was ice cold, with some of the order missing. I don't have a big problem with the tempature of the food, after all it has to travel. But maybe a some mic oven in the rooms to heat it back up. Not a big thing, just a suggestion.

I liked the layout of the property. You can take a walk and relax after a long drive. Shopping right next door, that was very good. I'll be back.

• Superior King Room

Room was noisy. Fan went all night in the bathroom, corners of bathroom dirty, was a large unit outside the window that went all night, too many idiot lights on, i.e television, fire alarm. Light from hallway showed under door, had to use the bolster pillow to darken it.

Close to business we were conducting

• Superior King Room

My reservation for my 2nd room was missing. Took forever to register. Put me 2x on wrong floor that I requested. Wrong room as well.

The pool area..The restraint was overpriced, but delicious..

• Superior King Room

Waiting staff at the restaurant was not very helpful.The food was below average and over priced. You have to pay an extra fee to access the fitness center.

Not much. It wasn't what I expected it to be based on the pictures and the description.

• Superior King Room

For a fancy and frankly quite expensive hotel I would have expected a larger room. Let alone the bathroom

The location, the staff, all of them extremely courteous. They let us cancel our last day - due to a change in our plans - free from cancellation fees, which has been really appreciated

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

A couple of the reception staff were a bit moody.

Very nice and reasonably priced breakfast. Two great sized pools. Lots of loungers available. 5 minute drive to Central Santa Rosa. Let us stay in our room until 1.00 pm for no extra charge. Parking is right outside the room.

• Superior King Room

We were unable to get in our room because the key wasn't working. There were no elevator for us to bring our luggages up to the second floor. The property is old in need upgrade. The pool was cold. For the price we paid there should be free breakfast. Staff are ok, not overly friendly. Overall very disappointing.

Not a thing!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking was atrocious. One night we went to dinner, came back and I had to park 3 buildings away from my room. In addition several people parked along the red curb in front of many of the buildings as well as in front of the walk way to the building access. This forced us to walk through the shrubs to assess the walkway to our room.

The property was large and well maintained. Staff was always present.

• Superior King Room

Convenient location. The room was clean and large. The pool area was lush and expansive. Towels and drinks readily available. The hotel grill served very good food at fair prices. The bed was comfortable, made up with nice linens. It was very quiet. It is a good choice for families with children.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sunday staff at pool and at desk could not be bothered. Pool attendant nonchalant about no clean towel, would not notify us when new ones were available. Drink/food attendant would not come over or check our area. When I finally rchased him after being ignored for half an hour, he said they were closing and he would not take my order. When I explained that we had been waiting a half a hour to have him serve us, he just stared blankly, didn't even tell us where we could be served (at restaurants or bar of hotel). When we had great difficulty entering our room because the door was broken, and we informed front seat in case they were unaware of the problem and the very obvious broken doorway, they were completely uninterested. The room had NO power plugs near the beds! We had to use outlets on the other side of the room and even then, they were very few. The cleaning staff and the waitress at the restaurant in the morning were very nice.

Pool

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is an old hotel that is way over priced. Two Queen beds were two double beds that could not sleep four to a room. Very small. So disappointing for $300 for Friday and $400 for Saturday. What a rip off

The spa was great

• Superior King Room

Didn't like the idea of walking through the dining room to get to the bedroom and no lifts in a hotel this size. They should keep the pool for guests as too many kids in the pool to swim. At breakfast there should be more hot food choice, bacon, eggs, sausages and unlimited juice with a choice.

Liked the bedroom.

• Superior King Room

The front desk staff is very abrupt. Seriously $170 for one night. One bag of coffee in the room. Not even continental breakfast! That is just cheap. Room 425 needs some serious upgrading.

The outside grounds are nice

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Superior King Room

The bed could have more comfortable.

The location was very close to Santa Rosa Fairgrounds which is why we were there. We were able to take a cab over for about the price of parking.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Queen Suite

Nothin

The staff could​ not have been nicer if they tried. The food....WOW...If you enjoy swimming this is the place!!!! The grounds are kept up to perfection. I hated leaving. Great find for me. Another plus there are different dance events on weekends. For me this is a hidden Gem.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location, cleanliness, good food. Close to Starbucks and IHOP. Would have been nice if music started earlier. Too late for travelers who need to get up early.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower unsafe; no treads or mats, no bar. My husband almost slipped while taking a shower. Potential liability for Flamingo. Very bad choice for seniors. I'm surprised the city hasn't cracked down. Bare bones accommodation, no amenities, no complimentary breakfast. Poor value for the price. Won't stay again.

Quiet; we were able to sleep. But that always depends on what stays above you, and can't be counted on.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Superior King Room

The curtains in the room were too hard to close or open. Since we're older the room was quite a walk. Also no one told us how to get to the parking near the room.

Bed was amazing for lots of room and the linens were so comfy.

• Superior King Room

It is a bit tired looking. Could use new carpeting. My husband would have liked an area designated for smokers outside where he could enjoy a cigar.

Value for the money. Nice hotel with pool. Bed was very comfortable. Restaurant was good. Location was convenient but not within walking distance of restaurants and shops. Although this seems to be primarily a conference center we enjoyed it...and they gave us a free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Superior King Room

Small bathroom and neighbor was noisy. All else was awesome.

Very well kept up and clean property. Room was large and I loved the private entrance to the parking area as well as the separate entrance into the hallway. Bar and restaurant was nice and Olympic sized pool was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Can't think of anything

The entire atmosphere - it was my birthday so enjoyed the wine during happy hour, the hot tub and the restaurant was great. I've stayed here before so I knew about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms could be updated and cleaner, Staff was indifferent as if they were used to complaints. Rooms very noisy, heard doors closing down the hall , children running etc

The pool.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Air conditioning system is old - had 3 fan speeds only with no flexibility to adjust room temperature- electrical outlets were so weak, my curling iron kept falling out of it- my husband finally just held it in so I could finish. The TV was fuzzy at all times, regardless of channel so I assume it needs to be replaced. The wine glasses were dirty so we didn't bother opening the bottle.

The bed was comfortable and the pool area was very nice!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Superior King Room

The noise level of those using the stairs and hallway near our room was rather high. They had children so I understand but it could have been a bit quieter.

The bed was so comfortable and the room was perfect. I especially liked the grounds and pool area.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior King Room

The room was about 10 feet from the elevator so when guests were grouped around it we could hear their conversations. The wallpaper in the bathroom has seen better days. It was worn/torn in places. The carpet was stained. Also, the employees rarely looked at/aknowledged guests' presence much less smiled. In fact, they seemed to feel guests were a bother by the set of their mouths. When we checked out the person didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay or thank us for choosing them. There are no comment cards available either.

We were put in an ADA room. It was VERY spacious but I don't know if the other rooms are as large. Although we didn't use it, the pool is huge and the grounds are lovely. However, it was also PACKED with kids. I have never seen so many kids in a hotel pool and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in many countries. It looked more like a swim club pool.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The spa closed at 10:00 pm. We wished it would have remained open later than 10:00 pm.

Ruth at the front desk was exceptional! She was so helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service sucked Had dinner due to arriving late...must've forgotten my meal, at pool next day drinks took forever, actually being told we could not sit there...because we did not have a drink...yet ..and the nibble we ordered came after our drinks were almost finished. ..Sunday brunch had requested outside seating at time of reservation and we were seated inside...no one was at the outside seats ...I would have to say your wait staff could learn to smile and show courtesy.

Nice pool Food was very good Location....have family near by

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was not ready at 3pm, and we were told we would have to get ready for our friend's wedding using the gym showers. We told them we had an infant and needed a room, and they just said "that's the best we can do."

The location was great. The room we reserved was spacious.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Superior King Room

The worst latte ever. It tasted like it was made with that morning's coffee... And it was Luke warm. The robe was missing in the bathroom.

The bed was amazing. It felt like I was sleeping in a cloud.

• Superior King Room

Loved the funky vibe, the wonderful pool area, and location in general.

• Superior King Room

There were SO MANY pillows on the bed! It was awesome. I liked the setup of the hotel, where you could access the room directly from the parking lot.

• Superior King Room

It was great A little bumped when chatting with about her guest that they had the same room at a better rate:(

The bed was luxurious

• Superior King Room

Dirty, musty, loud with gap at bottom of back door. Parking is difficult if returning late.

Room layout

Quiet

Continental breakfast wasnt complimentary

Clean and convenient location

• Superior King Room

No elevator to second floor. For two adults, one 68 and the other 70, tough to carry 3 suitcases up two flights of stairs.

• Superior King Room

Prices to high for lodging and food

Facilities, staff friendliness, room comfort

• Superior King Room

The pool was closed with no mention to us before we arrived

-Hot tub -bed was very nice -shower had strong water pressure

Lovely, unique hotel.

• Superior King Room

The decor, overall "feel" of the place. Retro-class.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beautifully maintained 1950's resort, architecture is historic.

Good value for money!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

gym should be included in room rate. bathroom needs updated

location and the fact that the room had a back door to the parking lot

• Superior King Room

It will be better if the heater is warmer

The room is very clean and comforting

• Superior King Room

They gave us a great price when they didn’t receive booking from Booking.com.

• Superior King Room

Very old and just not a nice place

Nothing really to like. It was old and in much need of update.

• Superior King Room

My reservations were messed uo.

The pool area

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Kids in the pool playing with huge water rifles. About 10 kids in the hottub. Never even went in...:(

Older

Needs to be updated

Poor internet

customer service

They charged us wrong amount and I called them 3 times and no response

• Executive King Room

It is an outdated hotel and not very clean.

Just a location.

Location and cleaniness

• Superior King Room

The bed was surprisingly extremely comfortable. The hotel was quiet even though there was a conference the day we stayed. We slept well.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

My pet was at the emergency animal hospital. They were very helpful arranging a check in time and check out time based on my needs.

• Superior King Room

No microwave or refidgerator in my room

Easy access, private and personal rooms that were cozy

Great TV. Nice outside dining super pool

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Size of the room, privacy. Layout of the resort.

• Superior King Room

Covered patio by pool with comfortable seating and heater at night enabled us to have a relaxing nightcap.

• Superior King Room

Restaurant food was mixed. Sometimes great, sometimes just OK.

Wonderful outdoor space with pool, hot tub and green grass lawn.

The sink was clogged

I got to stay in the remodeled suite

• Superior King Room

The bed was super comfortable!

• Superior King Room

Bathroom was not very clean. Rooms very dated as well as exterior of hotel. Staff was very dismissive

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room had trash in the trash can, and construction materials blocked many parking spaces.

Hotel was where we needed to be and had a great pool.

forget my swimming suit

very comfortable

Our first time staying in Santa Rosa

• Superior King Room

The morning cleaners were very loud and woke me up , not a pleasant way to wake up to

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator. Dining room dark at lunchtime.

Friendly staff, wonderful accommodations (comfortable, bright, quiet). Pretty grounds. Easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was great wish breakfast was included.