Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn - Florence 2 stars

3024 TV Road, Florence, SC 29501, USA

#21 of 32 hotels in Florence

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Would not stay there again.
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

The smell was awful. We brought carpet fresh to sprinkle on the carpet and air freshener throughtout the night the smell came back. When we turned on the lights in the bathroom. A cockroach was crawling on the wall.

The bed was comfortable. We slept in our clothes wasnt comfortable because of the smell of the room.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

I was tired after long drive, needed to stretch out and sleep, it worked.
    • Double Queen Non-Smoking Guestroom

Couldn't get the wi fi to work, and the bowl was so low, it was difficult when getting off.

Compared to the price the location & Beds were comfortable enough property was in fairly good shape and offered a comfortable and relatively safe environment. The beds were comfortable enough.

Save YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!
    • Single King Smoking Guestroom

Outdated Electrical. Only 10 rooms had lights & AC. Management Clueless. No Emergencies Power to get down stairs. Check Your Breaker Box! Lame answer of oh they are using Low Power. WRONG AC is High Power! IF I had a Choice, I would LEAVE!

Bar, food in bar.

So-so hotel. Lots to be done to refresh/reclaim this property.
    • Double Queen Non-Smoking Guestroom

Remote entry and one exit before an exit with many, many more facilities. Mold visible throughout bathroom especially around doors and in grout.

pet friendly, refrigerator, microwave

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The on site restaurant was nice we ordered a large pizza at...
    • Double Queen Non-Smoking Guestroom

The room had a nasty smell when you first walked in had to leave the door open for a few minutes to air it out

The on site restaurant was nice we ordered a large pizza at a good price the pool was nice and the staff nice

just awful
    • Single King Non-Smoking Guestroom

the funky smell I was put in a smoking room when I booked a non smoking room on the reservation it said I would have a jacuzzi but when I hot there there was none I didn't think the manager was professional there were flies in my room

the location. the fridge. the microwave

All together I had a pleasant stay. It was quite and peaceful,staff were very helpful and friendly.
    • Single King Non-Smoking Guestroom

The bathroom could have been a tiny bit bigger.

I really enjoyed the jacuzzi bathtub. I liked that it was in bedroom so I could enjoy tv while I soaked.

Great stay at America's Best Value In in Florence, SC
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

The beds we hard and hard to rest in

The staff was wonderful. They did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. We got there early and they went to clean our room so we could get in. The pool was clean and my grandsons loved it. There were some extended stay guests there, but there were no problems like a lot of these type of inns. Didn't hear anything all night and this was a Friday night.

Roach Motel
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

Upon arriving in my room there were hairs all in the bathroom. The fire alarm was gone wires were hanging from the ceiling. Floors wers nasty. There were cockroaches in my room.

I just wouldn't wast my money on. That kind of room

Front desk real rude

Stay there 2 times the first time room was clean stay there and you not from florence sc they will wont to get to many room they dont lunch or breakfast or nuthing there the house keeper half clean the room they have vary nasty room some of them i will never come back or tell anyone to stay there

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Didn’t Have the room i booked , gave me a smoking room...
    • Double Queen Non-Smoking Guestroom

Didn’t Have the room i booked , gave me a smoking room instead of a non-smoking room. Cockroaches.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

Surprised
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

Non smoking room smelled like cigarettes and Febreeze.

Decent sized room, nice size pool for the kids and bar with pool tables..

Overall, my stay was good. The staff was nice, the beds were comfortable, and the price was great!
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

There was a weird smell in our room.

Price, beds, and the pool!

Very nice and clean.

Pool was closed

Very nice and clean.

Could have been better
    • Single King Smoking Guestroom

Room smelled stale, bedspread had burn holes in it, bed was uncomfortable

Had a bar and restaurant next door

I love this place.

the staff was very helpful.
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

the location was a little out of the way, but still not too far from florence

the staff was very helpful.

It. Was goof
    • Single King Non-Smoking Guestroom

Some of guests was to noisy

Location it was a straight to downtown area a lot of fun activities. I really enjoyed my stay

They can take care of the rooms better
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

V had booked a non smoking room. But got a smoking room instead .

Staff was nice enuf to refund the money since v dint like the smoking room

Wouldn't stay again

Staff was very rude

Room had a smell like a dead animal told manager nothing was done
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

The staff was very rude when I requested a refund due to roaches in my room.

I had a nice stay

Everything..!!

Was just OK for the money

Price

Our stay was fine for the money. It was clean, updated. You could spend $100 more for fluffier towe
    • Double Queen Non-Smoking Guestroom

The towels are tiny. You get what you pay for.

Clean

Safe

Clean

Good water pressure
    • Double Queen Smoking Guestroom

The room had a smell to it!

Good water pressure

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Staff was nice

Everything. Room smelled musty, All the furniture was sticky ,Had to buy cleaner and wipe everything down. Electric way out of code. Fire hazard.Toilet paper holder fell out of the wall. Needs total rehab

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

The staff was nice, they let us check in early but the first...

Roaches, smell

The staff was nice, they let us check in early but the first room they gave us smelled like smoke in a non smoking room, there was piss on the seat, wires hanging from wall, lack of workable remote. And pregnant roaches on wall. They did eventually move us to another room. The only problem with the new room was again roaches.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Close to interstate

Loud, noisy, didn't feel safe, people lighting off fireworks at 2 a.m. Not enough towels, electric not to code, outlets didn't work, no soap or shampoo, etc restaurant across the road is terrible.

Close to interstate

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

The bed was horizontal.

Front desk staff was mediocre at best. Not friendly. Room smelled like cat urine and I had trouble sleeping! I mentioned it to the manager and didn't really apologize. He just explained that it was probably the exterminator who sprayed for bugs a few days before. They sprayed with cat urine? Either way, I would never stay here again....I don't care what stole my night's rest....even if it was bug spray, it only came there to sleep and I couldn't even do that. Also, the Bar closed about 1 or 2 am and all the noisy patrons poured out into the parking lot yelling and making noise. Then a little while after that, somebody came to the room next door. Sounded like maybe the police arrested someone, maybe??? I would NOT recommend this for anybody who isn't driving a police cruiser. Maybe if you are homeless and just want a roof over you head....

The bed was horizontal.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

location, night time check-in clerk was very professional,...

room smelled pretty bad, but after 16 hours, on the road, just needed a place, to sleep, funky smell gets you out quick, in the morning! ;)

location, night time check-in clerk was very professional, location was right, by I-95, $50 a night, only $5 extra, for pet.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

The room was extra clean, new bed/flat screen.

I stayed in newly renovated room #103. They did skimp a bit on finishing touches over all.

The room was extra clean, new bed/flat screen. And most of all the room smelled brandy new! Slept like a baby, it was quiet. Additionally, the bar was open till 2am and large draft Beer was $1.50. Can't beat that with a baseball bat! Keep up the good work. Couldn't beat the rate for 25 miles!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

5.5
    Price

A non smoking room smelled like cigarettes, the room and bath smell like bugs spray and marijuana. Stairs was filthy, parking lot with beers cans and debris. No extra linen available after business hours.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

I liked the low price.

Thee bed was awful. My partner and I had a backache the whole next day.

I liked the low price.however, the bed was awful. My partner and I had a backache the whole next day.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

the pool, hot tub, pool table, free breakfast and the decor...

The pool hours were disappointing. We got stuck in heavy traffic and got there 30 mins before the pool closed, I was like great we can swim in the morning but they said it didnt open back up til 6 pm

the pool, hot tub, pool table, free breakfast and the decor was very cool, The pool was very nice and warm.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

It had a dirty moldy feeling in the room.

It had a dirty moldy feeling in the room. The shower looked pretty gross. The worst thing was that they didn't have any extra towels outside of what they had for each room. We had to wait to take a shower late in the day because we had to wait for housekeeping to wash our towels and give them back. I was on my cycle so I couldn't reuse the towels from the night before and I couldn't take a showe until late the next day. I felt so nasty the whole stay

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

The price.

Only had smoking room. Smell very strong, holds in bed spread and sheets, theard bare towels.

The price. I guest we got what we paid for. It was the fourth place we tried to get a room do to the closure of a part of I-95 in SC.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

We used a cab service called state cab and made arraignments...

We used a cab service called state cab and made arraignments for drop off and pick up at the darlington raceway the drop off was good but they didn't show up for the pick up. It took 2 hours for them to get some one there and the cab driver was sapose to charge 45 dollars which was a inflated price because of the race but then charged $70.00. I called the cab co and got no help from them. They were recommended by the staff at this location.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

It is pet friendly, but so are a lot of nicer places.

The place needs a serious remodel, or rebuild. It's very old though the bed was clean and the room seemed clean in general. Overall it is just run down and the staff was very unfriendly (which affects their review). Even with my travel date being during Labor Day weekend I felt this place was way over priced for what we received. The TV sucked! And the free HBO was nowhere to be found.

It is pet friendly, but so are a lot of nicer places.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

The hotel was just v what it was a hole in the wall, It was...

The hotel was just v what it was a hole in the wall, It was disgusting my bathroom towels were not only dirty but had hair on them. My father is allergic to cats and they had felines lounging on the counter as we were checking in. Upon entering my room it smelled stale the carpets were stained as well as the chairs looks as if they havent been shampooed in years. As a habit I check the bedding closely and noticed on one of the beds there was a bug possibly a bed bug which had me on edge the entire night. The location is horrible almost like a party hotel part goers partied all night long we ended up leaving 9 hours before our check out time.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

I walked into the room and there were roaches/bugs...

I walked into the room and there were roaches/bugs crawling all over. The place rents to long stay bad environment. Girl at the desk was very nice. Refunded immediately

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

I liked that there was a coffee pot, fridge, and microwave.

The cleanliness was horrible. They were strict with the towels- the attitude of housekeeping was terrible.

I liked that there was a coffee pot, fridge, and microwave.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

they originally had an upstairs room reserved, when I said I...

they originally had an upstairs room reserved, when I said I didn't want to have to lug my suitcase up the steps they switched me to a down stairs room. And food was available on site, I ordered at the restaurant and they brought it to my room. I was very pleased with that, had been traveling a long time and was tired. It made my evening.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

Everything. Dirty, smelled aweful. Sink in bathroom had terrible oder

Nothing. I did not feel safe. Bathroom was so dirty I didn't care take a shower or bath. Everything smelled like stale smoke.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The bed was comfortable.

The room smelled horrible (the worst I have ever experienced) and there were bunch of drunks everywhere. I paid 49.00,but not even worth that.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2015

NOTHING!

The one half of the facility was filled with welfare guests hanging around, open doors, sitting outside smoking: scary!! Bar was mostly empty with a few men using terribly filthy language joking with the bartendress who was worse w/language.The restaurant had NO GUESTS!

NOTHING! STAY AWAY!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Great price and it is located very close to I 95.

See above

Great price and it is located very close to I 95. Minor flaws but overall OK. I will stay again. Could not axcess internet via wifi and no batteries in tv remote. I Did not try to correct these issues.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

Clean basic room with good Interstate access.

Overpowering cleaning solution smell. Had to leave door open with fan on for 1/2 hour with temps in the teens.

Clean basic room with good Interstate access. Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Mattresses were comfortable.

Very unclean room. Made reservation for smoke-free rooms, when I showed up they told me smoke-free rooms were not available.

Mattresses were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

The gas station across the street had cheap gas.

Where do I start...they had roaches!!! The beds were very hard. The housing for the toilet paper kept coming out of the wall. This location has nothing near it except the freeway entrance. They do not have any breakfast at all. The walls need to be cleaned and the front desk staff need an attitude adjustment.

The gas station across the street had cheap gas. Oh and they had a really nice flat screen tv to keep you distracted from all the other issues.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Everyone there was so nice and always had a smile.

Everyone there was so nice and always had a smile. Pleasant group of people

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Front Desk person that checked us in ( think her name was...

Alot of traffic in and out!

Front Desk person that checked us in ( think her name was Tasha) was AWESOME!!! Room was clean, remodeled and very safe!

No breakfast

Tell the truth about breakfast and deodorize the rooms. We had someone knocking at our door at midnight and that was sceary

No breakfast

The price was good.

The room had a smell to it and it was noisy.

The price was good. Easy check in and out.

Disgusting

Dirty smelled like cat pee

Disgusting

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The rooms were cheap good location

The rooms smelled

The rooms were cheap good location

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Terrible odor in the room

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Staff was friendly and helpful.

I was not comfortable with the odor in the room. Presume strong cleaning agents of some sort.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Close to highway.

Close to highway. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

The price.

The receptionist smoking while at her desk was a real let down. I went into an asthma attack right away.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

jacuzzi

jacuzzi

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Nothing, horrible, run!

Rude staff n owner, bed broke, had roaches, noise, just terrible

Nothing, horrible, run!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Staff really helpful.

Everything is old. And the carpet smell like a ....

Staff really helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

very clean almost new.

out of the way not many places to eat around it.

very clean almost new. very low pricing for a nice motel. quiet

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

In a word- sketchy

Door locks didn't work. People fighting outside our door

In a word- sketchy

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Room smell horrible like it just got sprayed for bugs

Room smell horrible like it just got sprayed for bugs

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Size, updated decor, wall-mount TV, cleanliness and fair...

Gal at front desk not friendly at first, but did warm up

Size, updated decor, wall-mount TV, cleanliness and fair price

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Price

Smelled damp and smoky in a non smoking room

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

Pet friendly.

Pet friendly. Easy on, off I95. It is very good considering the price.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

Price and right off highway

Non smoking room stunk like cigarettes.

Price and right off highway

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Bathroom and sink dirty.

Bathroom and sink dirty. Was to be non smoking but smelled of smoke . Had to change rooms

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.