Reviews of Fontainebleau Miami Beach 5 stars

4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA

#111 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Room was not clean upon checkin. Way too expensive to eat, shop, etc on property. Security staff had different rules at each checkpoint and created a lot of back and forth (you need your ID, You don’t need your ID, you can’t go this way, you can go this way. Spent a lot of time being redirected around property instead of enjoying facilities due to this inconsistency in rules all day.

Pool area great, DJ, staff.

Checking in felt like being in a bazzar in Istanbul. I don’t want to have to haggle over an upgrade. Don’t tell me it is an extra $80 a night but... I’ll give it to you for $50. Valet parking..For the price you pay it takes way too long to get your car.

Beds are great. Rooms a bit dated on the technology side. Overall rooms are very comfortable

• King Room with Ocean View

1st Room we stay in 10th floor view was good but room 1028 Air Conditioner motor Burned so 1 day our Air Conditioner didn't work than they moved us to 6th floor view wasn't that good. I was expecting upgrade or Complimentary night because we stayed 8 night in total. Valet Parking is slow for a resort of this size.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

My boyfriend and I really liked the bar at the lobby, nice people to meet.. great atmosphere. Food at Hakkasan was amazing, nice staff and well organized 10 out of 10.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

If you are looking to have a good time in Miami, fountainblu is deft the place to book! I had so much phone and love their night club LIV! The ambiance is always fun whether at the lobby of the hotel or the beach. The staff is also very friendly and attentive!

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

It’s kind of distant from everything. Had to Uber and take taxis a bit. Will rent a car next time

This property was an amazing experience ! Great facilities. Very entertains stay despite the rainy Miami weather we endured. The hotel is a party within itself.

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

That one is from my 5 year old daughter: "daddy, tell them that having the same color book in every restaurant is boring and I don't like that".

While arriving I've left my backpack in the taxi and hotel staff was super helpful assisting me in the process of getting it back - security quickly checked CCTV cameras and get back to me with phone number and side number of the taxi. Ten points to Fontainebleau. All other aspects of the hotel were superb as well.

• Deluxe Room with Balcony

just know that all restaurants regardless of your party size adds an 18% gratuity -- which is fine as long as you don't add another 20 : )

We got a free upgrade to the Tresor Towers to a 1 bedroom suite -- $2000+ value for the 5 days

• King Room with Ocean View

The check-in line was horrendous. Especially when paying for one of the “most famous 5-Star hotels” in Miami. We’ve stayed at the Ritz and Loews and never experienced something like this. Also, it wasn’t a classy establishment. A lot of the time it was wannabe Boujee and ending up being tacky in ways the Ritz and Loews never were. Maybe it was more the people than the actual place.

It was great that if you didn’t want to leave the location, there were plenty of restaurants for a 4-5 night stay.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

No bell boys tonrake cases to Room available Rip off cold breakfast No free water this is normal In every five star Hotel Awful staff Rip off cold American breakfast

Nothing this is not a five star hotel

• Tresor Ocean View One Bedroom Suite

Staff went above and beyond to get my family and I checked into our rooms as soon as possible after booking last minute and arriving early. Location and amenities are A1! Will stay there every time we’re in Miami

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

A bit expensive and massified, a lot of people too many, sometimes they would miss something or too many chains

Excellent quality and wonderful experience, great location, really comfortable

• King Room with Ocean View

If you paid your breakfast in advance you can use yummy buffet, you can order coffee and fresh orange juice. The staff will always offer you menu from carte. If you order it, you will have to wait approx. 10-20 minutes and ... you will be additionally charged. What I can complain in my suite is a bed. It is very big one but for sure too soft. You can feel on this bed like on hammock, which might be good for 1 hour but not for the overnight. In bathroom there is no bidet and no shower on flexible hose. In the room you will find some snacks, candies, beverages, but be carefull. Snacks are placed on the tray with a scale. If you take off from that tray for a moment (more then 20 sec) a snack or a bottle of water you will be charged, no matter if you ate something or didn’t (hotel rules).

If you want to see famous Miami Beach and be surrounded by beautiful & happy people Fontainebleau hotel is the best choice. I cannot recall better place on Miami Beach. The hotel offers a lot of great facilities, like several swimming pools, SPA, gym, many restaurants, bars an so on. You will also find beds on the beach, sofas or beds next to the pool (some of them are complimentary). The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is extremally good. For a dinner I can recomand Scarpetta restaurant (Italian cuisine), cozy place and very tasty meals. If you are looking for an awsome view on the ocean and the beach you should book a suite in Tresor Tower, on the 30th floor or higher. I had on 32nd floor and it was amazing. In bathroom you will find even jakuzzi. Visiting Miami Beach it is worth to stay a few days here and feel the great atmosphere. Of course it would be nice to stay here 2 weeks or more, but the rates for rooms and prices for meals or drinks are really expensive. Very helpfull and nice staff. Don’t forget to go to LIV Miami Beach night club at Fontainebleau. This is awsome club with hot ladies, showgirls..., just go and see :)

leaving

Upon arriving, If not for the most excellent concierge service EVER!! Edward truly cared for me as I traveled alone and have had bad taxi experiences in the past, and have not used an uber before. Edward immediately assisted me. I was very comfortable with the "professional driver" Gordan. I was Queen for my stay!! I was blessed with the same driver to get to the airport. Never before have I felt so pampered, and truly safe with strangers. Every staff member treated me extra special, upon checking into the resort, the 2 young ladies that checked me into my room also BLEW ME AWAY WITH THE UPMOST SPECIAL TREATMENT EVER!! My room was perfect, the location, the building, all the guests, and housekeeping. BEST VACA EVER!!

• King Room with Ocean View

Bathroom is poor shower only not other Towels are old and poor quality The breakfast Is very very poor The same every day no change in the fast or different

Location Lucation Garden

• King Room with Ocean View

Valet parking as an obligation with $50 per night then valet guys kept moving the seat changing the music the A/C...etc don’t like people to mess with my convertible and last day I been waiting 45min to get my car I got mad ! also didn’t like all the tips you have to give everywhere (million person!!!) knowing that 18% tip is obligatory already comes included in each bill !

Fantastic hotel, liked everything the swimming pool the suite balcony view I had...etc the luxurious quality. Loved it...it worths the money but could be a little bit cheaper ! Been to practically Same quality hotels in Vegas for half price. It is amazing tho I highly recommend it.

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

We were not treated very well by the hotel staff. The bathroom was an awkward design. I waited more than 20 minutes one evening (perhaps after 10pm) to get service from the front desk. Even then, while they did say that we could have a late check out at 4pm, nobody told the cleaning staff who walked into our room at about noon. Trying to get in and out of taxis in a timely manner was impossible. We stay in luxury hotels around the world, and have to admit that we were not impressed.... and this was not our first stay. But will likely be our last.

The restaurants were quite good and the staff in them were helpful.

• King Room with Ocean View

The staff were rude. The rooms we're really poor (especially for the price!!) There was nothing in them - no coffee machine (because they want you to pay for coffee downstairs) no fridge (only a mini bar which was pre-filled....and if you move anything they automatically charge you for it!) Just a big let down

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

I had to bring out my own trash as well as grab new towels. Breakfast wasn't explained well enough. Charged $150 extra with no explanation.

It was a beautiful hotel. I felt I was in the best hotel in Miami. My spa was the best.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Being double charged on arrival a rate different from the one advertised on booking.com Website We were not aware of the service fees, the tax etc which ended up taking our bill to double from what we had budgeted

The entertainment and pool area

• King Room with Ocean View

Service by the pool was slow. They took forever to come over and then once you ordered it took another 30 minutes to get the drinks. Faster to walk to the bar and get it.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The spa was awesome.

• Double Room with Ocean View

Desk staff were completely snooty and unhelpful. Waited far too long to check in, and every day the lines were even longer....1,500 rooms and 4 people checking guests in? Concierge desk wasn't any better, was a bother for them to point out directions to get to a certain restaurant on the property.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Way to noisy all over the pool area and the places aroud for food and drinks. Missed areas with soft lounge music.

Close to beach, spacious room with nice view.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Some of the hotel staff are awful, they don´t know how to help a guest and the accounting team are the worst. They charge me 423 usd additional from my room, because they said that I booked 2 rooms instead of one and the second one was a no show. I have my reservation in booking.com with 1 room and they told me, just like that: You need to go and fight this with booking, not with me. So it seems that they don´t even care...I hate this hotel and will never ever be a guest there. I recommend other great hotels down in Miami beach.

The hotel is cool, some of the staff are great, some are not. The pool area is big and comfortable, so as the rooms.

Not being able to stay the next day because of a miscommunication by the concierge

That smell when you first walk in to the fountain and it just hits like “ahhhh, I’m finally back..!”

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

To many people to crowded at times

The place is incredible but the way they can charge your card after it’s been closed off is unexceptable the room carpets need to be thrown out to much Dust

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

I didn’t like being bothered twice once at 11pm and then again after midnight by housekeeping because they lost their keycard. The phone calls woke my sleeping baby . I was very disappointed

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

bad location. Far from all attraction in SoBe. One staff at reception tried cheat me on my original booking by giving me room with higher fees.

big hotel. clean rooms. friendly staff.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Don’t leave a tab open anywhere. The staff will run it up and you’ll have to check your bill closely. Especially at the pool.

Sunday brunch is amazing.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Service, cleanless, attitude of the personel, disgusting food and overall overpriced vs what you get. Too many people, impossible to relax. Management of this hotel should think about the kind of resort the want to be: party hotel for drinkers or family relax hote ? You cannot be both. Food is really an issue..... you cannot sell for 150 US $ (2 people beach \ pool food) food which is not tasty either not healthy... overcooked, grazy,... in summary, disgusting.

The beach and location

• Double Room with Ocean View

Bottled water, coffee and free breakfast

It’s over priced and they don’t offer the least services as coffee in room or bottled water and for the price you pay they should offer free breakfast. You pay a hefty amount just to sleep in the room and everything else is $$$$

• Tresor Ocean View One Bedroom Suite

The staff was unattentive. People go there anyway so they don't care about individuals. Getting kicked out of the pool and beach at 6 pm wasn't nice. I called the front desk to ask why the fire alarm went off at 5 am and no one picked up that was scary

Gorgeous. Great location. Great restaurants. Only downside is poor service from employees and crazy busy. The fire alarm went off twice at night from parties. They didn't have a crib when we were promised one. And it's expensive. But you get what you pay for. Also the pool and beach staff were bossy about kicking people out at 6 pm.

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

The staff were not very responsive to my needs - when I asked for something I either didn’t receive it or it took over an hour to get to my room.

The property is very large with a lot to do.

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

Dated uncomfortable beds, dated rooms. Poor service. Our 13year old son had Food poisoning. Threw up his whole dinner. Had to wait 1 hour before room service came to clean. Unable to get carpet completely clean. They were unable to switch our rooms because hotel was over booked. Stayed in a smelly room for 2 more days. Elevators took forever. We took the stairs down from the 20th floor several times. As did other people on our floor. Beach ran out of towels. Had to wait 1 1/2 hour for lunch by beach, had wait for drinks by pool so long went and got drinks ourselves. Room fridge made 1 cube of ice a day but couldn’t keep milk from curdling.

Leaving

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

A drunken guest repeatedly banged on my door at 4a and it took 2 calls to security for them to rectify the issue. I should have asked for a refund for that night as I didnt sleep at all after that startling event. Samson from the Security team did speak with me and assured me that it wouldn't happen again.

Exceptional guest check in services provided by Daniel.

• Deluxe Room with Balcony

No room service, I waited on the phone from my room at about 9pm for over 20 minutes and no one was available. Beach and pool service was slow. Confusion of which room I was staying in upon arrival. There was a conference blocking the route to the versailles tower so we had to walk around.... I payed over $4000 to stay and it was a mess. Probably wont be staying here again.

• Deluxe Room with Balcony

Waiting time after ordering in the pool area

The pool service for food and drinks was very slow. Before leaving we need to wait almost an hr. For French fries order, other than that everything great.This guy call Roy in the pool area, excellent!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

It was so crowded. We were disappointed that beach was open to public we couldn't get chairs on the beach & had to separate at the pool. The added gratuity on food & beverages was a bit extravagant. It was disappointing not to see recycling bins. The room for four people should have been a bit bigger and had enough necessities for 4 people.

We liked the property. Room was clean. Beds comfy.

• Double Room with Ocean View

Rooms were dirty. Clock had dust all over it. Food they were selling had dirt and food particles on it. Bathroom small and dirty. Breakfast food was horrible. Pancakes had no taste. Over all was lnot very good. Food at the Pizza and Burgers again was less than par.

Pool are was nice. Not enough seating

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

I requested a late check-out (1:30 hour later) and unfortunately the hotel could not give me an answer before my check-out day, it was really unhelpful

Loved the hotel infrastructure for pool and beach, the atmosphere, the restaurants, the staff

• King Room with Ocean View

The carpet in the room needs to be replaced, the re-painting area in the hallway outside the door needs to be finished in a timely manner. I understand the need to repair etc. but looks like no one was working on this at all.

Our reservation was lost somehow. I had all the info in my phone thankfully and had received several emails. The hotel blamed it on an incorrect spelling of our last name but every email had the name correct. They definitely made up for the error by upgrading us to a junior penthouse suite which had the best view ever of the ocean and sunrise. Totally made up for the confusion/time while figuring out why they did not have us in their system.

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

Way too crowded at the pool site and the beach. Housekeeping staff all had attitude (restaurant and regular staff were better but barely a 5-star hotel standard). No hotel slippers offered at the room, not even hair combs were available - overall the hotel's attitude just felt really cheap and hungry for money. Too many kids, pools were always filthy. Beach staff were really nice and hard working but there were just way too big of a demand from way too many people.

Bed was comfortable, complimentary classes at the gym were fun. Good selections of restaurants. You can stay elsewhere and come here for its restaurants only (probably better that way).

• Tresor Ocean View One Bedroom Suite

For the price we paid for a 1 bedroom suite, we expected a really well kept unit. The carpet had many stains, the towels were old and smelly, and the furniture in the bedroom had stain on it. There were unwashed towels on top of the washer.

• King Room with Ocean View

Good afternoon. We really enjoyed staying at your hotel. But there was an unpleasant situation. We left a deposit of $ 600. We were to return 519 dollars to the card. They returned it, and then immediately took it off. Let's look into the situation in the near future. Guests: Iuliia, Volodymyr (dates of stay from 27.03 to 31.03)

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

Maybe because if Spring Break stuff looked overwhelmed. Our bathroom was too small. But room balcony and view also hot water were excellent

By the great beach very luxury hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Service was very good. Super clean. Even though it is a busy hotel everything is in order and very nice.

Their susan bar ( breakfast area ) service is very warm , but most area, you can feel professional service not from heart.

very surprise to see over 2 days no bed sheet changing . and when you claim for this, seems no one care for it, and just coming to change it is fairly enough .

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

The hall decor/wall paper was very dated. They do not have a refrigerator to store food as well without cost. Far from party scene. Club Liv is for over rated; attracts a crowd that does not dance.

Strip Steak was excellent and great security features. .

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

Everything took forever. Granted it was an extremely busy weekend in Miami but everything from check in to breakfast took hours. We were also really inconveniently misunderstood after a whole ordeal at check in and people were mistakenly charged. Things just were not running as smoothly as I had hoped. It is also a trek from South Beach and there can be horrible traffic so if your hope is to experience South Beach or downtown Miami easily then I would stay further south.

The property is beautiful and you can truly experience Miami with all of the comforts. Its a very happening place and almost every time we go we see some celebrities. Its great for the party vibes. We went for a bachelorette party and I thought it was perfect for that.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

The breakfast was below standard, i found a cockroach in the washroom, the shower handle wasnt working properly and kept leaking and soaking the toilet whenever i take a shower. ( this is room 908 main tower). How come a hotel like this doesnt have a coffee machine in the room!! This time althought we paid more than double the price than our last stay at fountainbleau because of the season but we were very disappointed the room in main tower looks old and dull i wish i knew that im advance ans asked for a room in the other side tower as my previous stay.

The hotel facilities, environment , beach, lobby.

• Standard Room

Super luxurious hotel, we had an ocean front view. The view was amazing. The rooms could have been more updated/renovated for the price you pay per night. If you are looking not to spend too much money, this is NOT the place you want to stay. Everything is pretty pricey. Other than that it was a beautiful resort.

• King Room with Ocean View

No fridge , microwave,coffee pot or tea in room. Everything requires room service for a fee even hot water for tea. The pricing of this hotel should include such things. There was also a movie being taped and guests were limited as to where we can walk in the lobby .

Very nice hotel, pool area was neat organized, stocked with towels ,water and staff was friendly and informative

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

All rooms with balcony you will stay you will hear Very Very Very Noicy air conditioner in fron of your rooms. Terrible. This place has to be rebuilt. Nuts.

Breakfest.

• Deluxe Room with Balcony

They should have complimentary water, its a 5 stars hotel, and so pricy, we had a suite, and for water we had to pay for it!!!!, and they don’t have express laundry service which should be in a 5 stars hotel.

The bed like a cloud

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

paying $600 a night I was shocked that i had to pay an additional $24 just to use the umbrellas on the beach. My room was facing the outside of the hotel (as opposed to the pool). Due to the nightclub LIV, a few nights at around 3-4am, there was always car horning from club goers and a lot of shouting etc that went on for atleast an hour. When I informed the reception of this, there was no apology or sympathy, just "our concierge only works to 11pm". A different room wasn't even offered to compensate for this.

location and facilities were great! the staff in general were kind and very helpful. the pools were very clean and large but I hung out on the beach which i found better and a bit quieter

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

It was a cockroache on my pillow when I walked in the room and the front desk staff was very rude. I asked for a refund to pay for different hotel accommodations but they said they couldn’t refund me because I prepaid .

The environment was beautiful and enjoyable. The pool area was fun safe and secure. All the housekeeping staff that I met was wonderful people!!

• King Room with Ocean View

Rooms have no sound isolation whatsoever, we had to call security each night, other ways was impossible to sleep. Drunk teenagers all over the place, very ugly and noisy

You have all what You need in hotel, restaurants, bars, shops, car rent etc.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

It took us a very long time to check in and the staff wasn’t nice at all, she was not polite nor patient, and the room was still not ready. The pool was very crowded and the drink at the bar are way overpriced. Definitely not worth the value.

Perhaps the only thing I liked about this hotel is the beach that the hotel has.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

This used to be a five star hotel. Now it's just a tourism factory, more than half full of people you would never expect to see, or hear, at a first class hotel. Very noisy in all areas and packed with "holiday makers" who one could not imagine would possibly be paying USD600 per night. They were the people you would find in a USD100 per night "all in" resort hotel, at best. There were a large number of very noisy college students also. At all the facilities, it was necessary to queue. Breakfast took 25 minutes to arrive the first morning after a 10 minute wait for a table. The expensive Valet service takes 15 minutes to take your car and 15 minutes to get it. This Hotel is sadly now just a huge factory with second class food and very expensive second and third lass wine , at best. The mark up on the wine is 500% plus and the actual wines on the list, for example, not "good" examples of French wines, even at that price!

The view

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

We travel to South Beach often and we always chose to stay at the Fontainebleau. The staff is friendly and the accommodations are wonderful. You have plenty of options for rooms, from a regular double occupancy to beautiful suites. I recommend staying here to all of our friends and family.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

High cost, especially when the extensive local taxes and service charges are factored in.

Luxury accommodation, excellent dining options, and beautiful hotel facilities.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

massive place, massive crowds, over rated and over priced, not enough hot tubs, they were pack all the time.... long wait for everything, beach order took over an hour.... pick up place for men and women, will not be back ever!!!!

spacious rooms beach

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

The party & pick up place in Miami Beach, very very loud, busy and crowded, the atmosphere a little seedy. Check in staff not very accommodating, had 4 room for a family reunion.... all in different floors, non of them connecting; even though we had request it, extremely OVERPRICED.

beach

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

the long walk to get to my room. the hotel is too big so you need to walk long distances to get to the pool, to the beach and even to have breakfast. there are lines for beach towels and chairs. the party environment is artificial and looks like a tourist trap. i guess some people like the music. the pool is great though

my room was excellent, clean and comfortable with ocean view

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Not the same experience from when I use to visit w my parents as a child (1960’s) Looks like any other hotel or large resort. Too big of a hotel now. Lost it’s personality and charm.

Very clean. Great music pumped throughout the pool area.

• King Room with Ocean View

There are no coffee makers In the room nor any cofffee available in the lobby. You have to go to this shop to get it which there was always a line plus it was expensive. I had to get up early and go down to reserve pool Chairs otherwise the place was so packed you would could not get a chair. There is usually three diffferent music blaring at the pool so this is not a quiet restful place. So if you are looking for small and boutique this is not the place. For the place being so big the pool service, house staff were great.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff service is great

couldnt get food all restaurants required reservations and were booked up. would have helped if we were told this at check in. even room sevice would have taken 1 1/2 or more. we had to take taxi and leave hotel to get food

property beautiful and well kept

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

The front desk was snobby and the facility is vast and noisy. Our room was overpriced and dated. There's nothing special about this place except the pricetag

The bedding was lovely.

Pool and beach amenities were disappointing for the price. You had to pay extra for beach umbrellas and you were relegated to an overcrowded, off-the-water location if you didn't upgrade to a cabana on the beach. Pool wasn't much better - overcrowded seating, limited space for umbrellas, and too few water coolers.

Very stylish but not stuffy.

• Deluxe Room with Bay View

Facility is large and navigation takes lots of time Room only had one chair no couch or coffee table or water Needs warmth - First to none trade show guests and second to the room HVAC always returns to 75 degrees when leaving even the to the balcony which is fine but when it turns on it is noising and costly Reasonable meals are off premises

The pool was always at the correct temperature

• King Room with Ocean View

I checked out at around 1:30 pm. Before checking out a staff lady came to my room and I asked her if I could stay till 1:30pm and she said that’s fine. I was surprized that at check out the front desk treid to charge me $200. After talking to them about what happened, they reduced it to $80. I still paid for something that I shouldn’t pay for. The lady at the front desk was absolutely impolite.. No free slippers.. no complimentary water.. it looks like the hotel is profit making company rather than aiming to provide a unique service

My friend’s recommendation..!

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

This hotel is bigger then most airports!!!. I had the feeling i was at an airport. It is Huge, complicated to navigate arround, non personal (they follow their own rules and dont care about guests needs) and not child friendly.

I liked the Pools and the Beach. They were the best part of the Hotel.

• Double Room with Ocean View

The hotel doesn't have any children activities under 4 years old on an indoor space. Outdoor space there is very nice pool but the slide is for older kids. So apart from the heated pool there is nothing for little kids to have fun with.

The location was fantastic. Huge space. Very good facilities and comfort.

• King Room with Ocean View

Delayed getting into room but the wait was worth it!

Excellent service all around and the room was fantastic inside and the view of the beach outstanding

• King Room with Ocean View

How noisy the hotel was, full of children and groups of young teenagers

Very comfortable room overlooking the ocean, fabulous view, hotel is at the far end of Collins, but there's so much to do you really don't need to venture too far out. Drinks were very expensive, everywhere in the Hotel. Hakkasan was lovely would recommend that restaurant. The real downside was how busy the Hotel was with children and groups of young teenagers. It was very noisy and very difficult to get a sun bed

• Deluxe Double Room with Bay View

This is without a doubt the worst 5* hotel I have ever stayed in. Impossible to get a sunbed by the pool unless you went down at ridiculous ‘o’ clock or you paid $700 each for a bed by the adult only pool, but this was in the shade for the majority of the day and also lacking in any atmosphere. Also they make you wear a wrist band like cattle but the band gets you absolutely nothing as you can’t get a bed anyway! Rooms were not thoroughly cleaned, dust was building up by the day, literally they just make the bed. Also there is an iPod docking station in the room but it has the old connection...who even has the old connection anymore. Therefore it was completely useless. Generally had to wait at least 45 mins to be seated at breakfast, which is a nightmare if you’re trying to also get a sunbed!! We stayed over New Year and had a meal in Hakkasan (in the hotel) which was nice but on our way back to the bar in reception a member of security was very rude to my husband and told him to go f*ck himself, we immediately went to reception to complain and was told someone would come and find us in the bar or in our room. They never came. Valet staff are rude and the wait for your car is ridiculous. His hotel cannot cope with the amount of people it crams in. All in all it was a dreadful experience and we couldn’t wait to leave.

The spa was nice.