Reviews of Westin Fort Lauderdale 4 stars

400 Corporate Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA

#60 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

It was an ok stay. Not sure I would stay at this particular Westin next time.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The deadbolt lock didn't work. Carpet looked dingy. Barking dog across the hall. I was told this is a pet friendly facility and they apologized for the barking dog. The dog kept barking.

The bed was very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was very good. Lots of options.

Other than the noisy guests, I had some comfortable...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't drive so, the location away from restaurants was poor for me but other than that,it was ok.

Other than the noisy guests, I had some comfortable night's sleep.

Beeakfast and beds were the highlight.
    • Studio Suite

Staff could be a little more friendly and accommodating

Breakfast was exceptional. It’s produce were fresh and you could order whatever you fancy and it would be made on the spot.

The bed was very comfy and my room was very clean with a...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very comfy and my room was very clean with a modern design. Also loved the free self parking! Pool area has a tropical feel to it overlooking a lagoon.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

It’s a beautiful hotel
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pictures in the website give you the impression it’s on/near the beach........ it’s not.....at all Also..... we asked the Barman for the cheapest bottle of wine he had.....he said it was $40........ looking at the bar menu later on we discovered the cheapest was actually $28!!

It’s a beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Everyone was extremely courteous.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was very clean but the smell of the cleaner never dissipated and we could smell it throughout the whole stay.

Everyone was extremely courteous. The manager who greeted us in the restaurant for breakfast was so nice. He made us feel welcomed.

I like how Michael and the other staff Welcomed us. Michael was friendly and very professional
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was good, the facilities are pretty. A little bit of problem with the A/C unit in my room but Mr Waldo from Engineering department came to fix the problem?

The property itself is nice.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff isn’t very helpful. They don’t give you an overview of the facility or the offerings. It’s bit disappointing having to figure out what the hotel offers. Let’s just say, the staff is just there to check you in and check out. They aren’t willing to go slightly above and beyond their job. Won’t stay there again.

The property itself is nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Overall it was ok besides the tub in the bathroom being clogged
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only issue I had was that the tub in the bathroom was clog up I told the maid and nobody did nothing about it or try to fix the problem or change my room.

The location was ok and the views were nice

Good in an emergency.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No significant issues though staff weren’t as friendly as in most US hotels.

We had to stay here as our airline had lost our luggage. Although it took a little prompting, staff eventually remembered that they had complimentary toiletries for guests whose airlines had just lost all their luggage. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was much better than the average in American hotels.

No parking fees for you or guest, good breakfast included is...
    • Suite

No parking fees for you or guest, good breakfast included is a good deal, and coffee and mimosas are a good deal too. Overall a great experience and will be coming back. Steven was a tremendous help from check in to check out.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I did not complete my stay after I was decided in what the...

I did not complete my stay after I was decided in what the hotel claims to have on line was nothing when u showed up and they refused to credit my money even though I was not to pay till I get to the hotel the charge my card the same day I reserved it was like a parking lot for a stadium train passing by very poor location ,will never suggested or visit this establishment they are not customer friendly 😡

The swimming pool nice and decent breakfast
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room had m&m chocolates on the floor and they never put new water which was supposed to be free...and also the first 3 nights they made the room Cleaning awful

The swimming pool nice and decent breakfast

The room ac said 65 degrees I sweated all night long
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room ac said 65 degrees I sweated all night long My truck parked in parking lot for 10 hours had the whole entire back sensor system stolen from it.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not what you would expect from a Westin hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff were very, very nice and helpful. Lovely pool and restaurant....great food

Not what you would expect from a Westin hotel. Not the normal standard. Room was tired but clean. Dis-organised at check in,

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

When you walk into the hotel it had the best fragrance smell...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms walls were thin you could hear noise from other rooms but not to the point that you could hear other peoples conversation. Our TV did not work. Call the front desk to have it fixed but not one never came. It could have been because it was about 10:30 at night. Overall the stay was great!

When you walk into the hotel it had the best fragrance smell throughout. The room and hotel was beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. Staff was helpful and nice. Great bang for your bulk.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Clean and comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The televisions are outdated , lost signal trying to watch tv during a super raining day. Noticed only 2 out of 3 elevators were working and no microwave in guest rooms

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great stay and will do it again.
    • Suite

The only thing that upset me about this stay was my shower was not working on the second day and I called down to the front desk and person told me someone was gong to come up. I went out to mu event and came back and shower still not working and my guest could not shower. I was a little disappointed but it did not damper my stay.

This was my birthday weekend, so staff as always pleasant. Love the food and the drinks at the bar. Pool atmosphere was amazing during the evening, and other guest was friendly. My room was amazing, love the suite I was in. Next year will be early to get the room I had two years ago.

The location is by everything food, entertain, beaches you name it.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing everything was great you have to stay here to see what I mean thanks again guys great staff my wife and I or planning to be back soon

The bed was extremely comfortable the view was spectacular and I am sorry I don't remember the guy name at the front desk but I think it's Damian he was very helpful man I will be back and the house keeper for our room (1527) I want to thank her very nice lady and Chloe who I never met but was very helpful on the phone

Great staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don’t know if the decor works with the muted colors but it’s fine and I really feel like I got such good value.

Staff was great. Steve and Victor at front desk were awesome and accommodating. Upgraded me. And made my wait for room worth it. I didn’t mind at all as I got a better room and complimentary appetizer and beverage. Especially love the late check outs! It’s one of the main reasons I chose this Westin. Heavenly bed was...heavenly as usual from Westin. Love the little details like lavender oil by bed. Room was big and quiet.

Very nice place to relax
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was very hot. Felt like I was in a hot tub

Very nice place to relax The staff were amazing and super helpful The rooms were nice and clean and very spacious. The only problem I had was that the pool was very hot. It felt like I was in a hot tub! Wasn’t cool at all but besides that the place was Amazing

Great service just when it was needed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A very minor point - the decor is very dated. Though of course if you liked the 1980s, no problem.

The staff were wonderfully welcoming and helped us out with essentials after Norwegian Air had delayed us for 48 hours and lost our luggage. The duty manager when we arrived as bedraggled wanderers at 3am, insisted that we just went to bed first and wait to sort out the finer details of the booking when we were better rested.

Rooms were dirty.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were dirty. Staff was rude and not courteous at all. If you have any problems, the staff would not correct the issue. Hotel is old and outdated. Didn’t have enough towels to accommodate the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The hotel looks very nice and clean, smell great and...

The pools is nice and big, but is certainly is a little rundown, needs an upgrade, missing tiles and broken pieces, but in general is a nice pool area.

The hotel looks very nice and clean, smell great and everyone was really nice and amicable. They try their best to serve you and are very responsive, bed are really comfortable.

The place is very beautiful and I love the lake by the pool .
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like breakfest but other than that its was worth the price

The place is very beautiful and I love the lake by the pool . I was very pleased they were understanding about us coming late and booking.com sold me a room that they didn't have available and they upgraded us free of charge and very nice

Nice facilities, good pool area and gym.
    • Studio Suite

A bit pricey, and when we arrived they argued that breakfast was only included for adults (but we sorted that out the next day)

Nice facilities, good pool area and gym. Breakfast staff was very nice. Close to the I-95, which was perfect for us.

We would stay here again.. Great job and hotel...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for more towels and wash cloths and were told there weren’t any more..

We liked how the staff were welcoming, inviting, polite and willing to go out of their way to make us and our stay as comfortable as possible ...We arrived early and the staff worked deligently to accommodate us with a room it was a little bit of a wait but they were very professional. It was located in an area that was convenient and close to the freeway...

For the price it was not worth the stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was too hot all night and the AC did not go any lower, the room and hallway had an awful smell. Staff was quick to check us in but did not point us in the direction of anything or seem happy to be there.

Size of the room

Our first encounter we were greeted by Courtney, who was...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our first encounter we were greeted by Courtney, who was smiling, friendly, professional, informative and exceptional! Courtney is an exemplary Westin employee who should be training all of the staff on how to make the Westin hotel experience one that will make people want to return! We then went to Lona restaurant and our waiter was Robert who also was exceptional! We kept commenting on how friendly and efficient he was only to learn it was his third day!!!! Robert truly exceeded our expectations and is an exemplary Westin employee and I hope he receives the credit and incentives that he deserved!

Overall the stay was good but for the price expected a little bit better.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My family and I all started sneezing and got rashes all over our bodies after the maid cleaned our room. We got bad allergic reactions and still have it now. The room is very dusty. The staff at the bar is very slow and doesn’t speak good enough english to be able to understand the costumer.

Nice staff, beautiful scenery, food was good and pool was nice. Gave lots of complimentary waters which was nice too.

Good Location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staffers didnt answer front desk phone very often. When they did they had an attitude.

The beds were amazing and very comfortable! Location was great!

The food was taste location good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the floor I stayed in did not have working AC on the hallways. the staff members carried a very serious look on their face at all times. the first room assigned to me the room sign was broken and off the wall, and the door lock was broken. Food service takes extra long.

The food was taste location good. Great Parking. Quite location and very accessible to the main highways.

We were out of the room for the entire day and return to...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were out of the room for the entire day and return to find out the cleaning crew did not clean our room. Thy did provide towels but no clean sheets are clean the floors.

We liked everything about The Westin Fort Lauderdale.

Everything was good.

We liked everything about The Westin Fort Lauderdale. The city is absolutely gorgeous!!! The staff, cleanliness, room, and pool are great. We really recommend it.

The hotel that keeps on giving
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location. Great room. Awesome bed. Big fan of the Koehler shower. Friendly, helpful staff. Lots of options for food. I even signed up for their rewards program. What else can I say? It's The Westin. Get used to it. Lol

Very nice hotel , beautiful rooms and bathrooms.

Very nice hotel , beautiful rooms and bathrooms. It was a very clean facility, excellent breakfast buffet and nice work out area and pool area. Beautiful views with palm trees and the water.

It was definitely not worth the money.

For breakfast, there were flies and gnats resting on the open food that people were supposed to be eating from. I waited 17 minutes for the elevator at 4:30am. I had to take the steps from the 10th floor down to the lobby. I was sleeping and was awaken by a bunch of tiny little bugs on the bed. They had bitten my arm and my arm had big red bumps on it. As my boyfriend and I stripped the bed down to the mattress, we saw a bunch of tiny little bugs crawling around on the mattress. When we flipped over the pillows, the pillow case had dried blood on it. When we went downstairs we were told the room would be treated the following morning and were given another room. The following morning we went back into the room at 8:30am and saw bugs still crawling around on the bed. When we spoke to the manager that morning, he told us someone was in the room treating it right now. We told him we just came from the room and that nobody was there but the bugs still crawling on the bed. He offered us 50 bucks “to make this go away” and to sit by the pool til 4pm and he would buy us lunch. When we spoke to the general manager of the property, she indicated that my boyfriend and I brought the bugs with us from the beach. We didn’t even go to the beach that day. No refund was offered. Not even half of my refund was offered.

Very relaxing

Unfortunately the dinning room was being remodeled which I wished I knew in advance. I had plans of dinning at the hotel with my partner and ended up leaving the hotel for a more romantic athmosphere.

Outstanding costumer service is the reason why I would return

Thank you Westin for making our stay great.
    • Studio Suite

From the time I arrived I was greeted well by an amazing staff. Check in was a breeze and the room was very clean. I want to thank the entire staff for making this weekend awesome. Karl the bellman was super nice and helpful he took his time to help us with all our belongings. Thank you Westin again for making our stay great.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I arrived there were people sleeping in the lobby.....lying stretched out on the furniture....very unprofessional....I didn’t know where the line started....when I finally found the line the staff weren’t smiling or friendly except for one....Steven...he was great....I had to grab an employee outside leaving for lunch to ask for a cart to bring my things in and he couldn’t find one but I finally caught someone else outside getting one out of a closet and they gave me one...they put my room near 95...it was very loud and I got very little sleep...never again...Westin is overrated....I will be staying somewhere else next time for what I paid for this room....no bang for my buck....

Stay at this hotel. You’ll not stay with another brand of hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When exiting the hotel the area in the entrance way could have been cleaner.

The bed was so comfortable I’d buy it straight off the bed including all the linens. They may think about having a purchase price on each item and be in the mattress business for a little extra revenue. It makes you disappointed when you come home. Not only that, the room was overly spacious and layed out perfectly! I travel a lot I give this a hotel a BIG 10!

The staff was very friendly and helpful and place was clean...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was very friendly and helpful and place was clean and smell really good and overall experience was great will definitely stay again and will recommend to family and friends

Excellent breakfast and staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property seems quite old and needs new furniture in the rooms and lobby. Breakfast lounge was under repair.

Excellent breakfast and staff. Rooms a bit old but beds were comfortable.

Reasonable location for exploring areas around Fort...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool is right next to a busy, multi-lane motorway Rooms are dated Our room overlooked the same multi-lane motorway so traffic could be heard all night Contacted hotel several times regarding payment taken prior to arrival (on a different card to the one I wanted to pay with, incurring poor exchange rate and transaction fee) - no response received

Reasonable location for exploring areas around Fort Lauderdale

OK, GREAT BEDS

SHOWER NEEDED. HATE STEPPING OVER BATHTUB, CHECK IN STAFF NEEDS TO SMILE

BEDS AND PILLOW VERY COMFY, OLD STYLE BATHTUB--WOULD HAVE LIKED A WALK IN SHOWER, CARPET WORN

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was not walkable to restaurants. Room was a bit small especially the bathroom.

The concierge staff were terrific, very customer focused, great suggestions, interesting conversation and made my trip easier with transportation. Housekeeping staff were very nice as well.

Didn't get the room l paid for.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We paid for intercoastal water view and couldn't see anything because we were on the third floor and had a yacht blocking our balcony view the whole stay!

Although an oldish hotel, the room was leather and clean
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn’t like that you are given a “ welcome “ free apertiser” but in the small print it says “ when paying for the first one”.

Although an oldish hotel, the room was leather and clean Nice lobby area and out door grounds

Awful

I overpaid for a delux King room, it was like a Motel experience room was dingy, old furniture, poor lighting or room, poor decor, dirty stained pull out mattress, old shower and tub. My entire stay was a let down. Would never ever stay at a Westin again.

Pillows were nice and fluffy

no the bed was a bit too firm and the restaurant quality...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no the bed was a bit too firm and the restaurant quality food was not up to par , my shrimp were way over cooked and shriveled up which was a big price to pay for $26.00. My salad the next night was fair the diced chicken was horrible tasting like hospital quality food.

Good breakfast

Stains on comforter,very stron chemical smell in the room, bad location, for the money it costs and the way it’s advertised it is not worth it.

Good breakfast

When the staff found out that It was my birthday, they upgraded our room.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Can't really think of anything negative to say about it. It was my birthday, the front desk upgraded our room, and an hour later delivered some wonderful cake together with a bottle of wine and a birthday card. My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the hotel.

The Beds were very comfortable, and the staff couldn't be better, very helpful and extremely kind. The hotel was surrounded by a lovely pool and greenery where you could sit and relax.

Good
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was great; however the restaurant closed an hour before we thought it would because it was daylight savings change over time in March. Even though it was only 10:30 a.m. There was no where to get breakfast.

Comfortable beds.

Great short stay hotel, the pool/food/staff/facilities are good and overall a great hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel corridor lighting is bright and seeps into the room in the middle of the night, small annoyance.

Staff were great, Jermaine on front desk was exceptional, we have 2 kids under 5 and were greeted with raspberries in a glass and 2 great books for the kids to draw/play with etc. Great hotel for a few nights stay, location was 20 mins from FL airport and good links to the I95/I75. Hotel needs a bit of modernisation but great all-round.

Amazing hotel. Exceptional Staff A***
    • Suite with Balcony

Being picky you could say some features of the hotel were dated ie light switches and door handles but to me this doesnt make a hotel experience any worse than sonewhere that may be newer in that regards.

Service was exemplary. Location was fantastic and there was plenty of private parking. The buffet breakfast was brilliant - one of the best I have experienced at a hotel of this nature.

Staff was very accommodating helpful an went beyond my wife...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location wasn’t that great you need to rent a car do Not use the cabs very expensive

Staff was very accommodating helpful an went beyond my wife an I exasperation

My stay was just very unprofessional. I didn’t check in my room until a day later than when I check
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was not able to check into my room until the next day afternoon and when I did check in I had to wait hours for a room to be ready and than when the room was ready I see the ac falling off the wall in room 916 on top of that I had to check out really early the next morning like at ten am. So I’m very unhappy I spent almost $500 to sleep in a hotel bed for nine hours. I need my money back or another two nights stay

The room on the 9th floor . That’s the only thing I enjoyed

Rooms below expectation!

It wasn't good value for the amount of money I paid. The pillows where uncomfortable along with bedding. Local calls aren't free, pictures online are decieving.

The staff was friendly. Great customer service.

Way over priced.

Way over priced. The pictures I saw online looked a lot better than the place actually looked in person. I felt the room was small, but the bathroom size was okay,

Great hotel to stop at as we flew into Fort Lauderdale from...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great hotel to stop at as we flew into Fort Lauderdale from the UK, exactly what you want, good pool, good sized rooms and easy access to motorways. Perfect for what we needed. Also room service was good.

Not bad!
    • Studio Suite

Wait time for food by the pool. Lack of space in the washroom. stayed in a studio suite did not have a table for my kids to eat at.

The hotel was close to everything.

Disappointing stay, except for the comfy beds.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Horrible location, and the corridors and rooms are long past their prime. Visible cables on the floor, no outlet for the coffee maker, peeling caulk around the tub, outdated tv, and limited amenities.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Husband birthday was ruined because we ended up cancelling the stay due to a horrible pool area.

the pool area picture on the website is nothing like the actual pool. The picture shows a resort style pool, it was horrible. the water was not crystal clear and it had mold all around the edges, there were not enough chairs and it wasnt even busy, the gazebo was super ran down, just terrible.

n/a

The facility was clean and customer service at front desk...

The facility was clean and customer service at front desk was ok. Customer service at the bar was good. My school mate stayed at another SPG property The Sheraton. The staff there was awesome. They went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and we were only visiting her for dinner. Each staff member was concern and welcomed us. This made us feel like we were not just at a hotel but like we were visiting family that we kuyst met. My time at the Westin was not bad. There was just a difference in the approach and leave of customer.

It didn’t feel like a Westin Hotel

The coffee machine did not work. There was only one set of towels. The headboard was covering the picture on the wall. It didn’t look or feel like a Westin Hotel.

My stay was amazing and relaxing! I would come back for another visit!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like the location as much but realized that it was more relaxing than being in the main Fort Lauderadale location.

The staff was very accomodating. My bed was King size as I have the same at home so I slept comfortably during my stay.

I didn’t enjoy the corporate park location. Or other facilities aspects & won’t stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Super soft mattress that led to lower back problems Toilet that required 4-5 flushes to eliminate waste Maid service that had not yet cleaned my room / made up my best by the time I returned at 4 p.m. Nationals Westin management promised I would hear from the local hotel management audiotape, but i hadn’t heard from it 48 hours later she I checked out and complained (I was offered a free night as a result)

Clean and spacious room

Will not be staying there again.Way too pricey for what we got.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Difficult to get around the room with a wheelchair. Had a tub instead of a roll in shower. Room never really got cool at night.

Ease of check in and out.

The soap in the rooms
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bar and restaurant prices were way too expensive. Booking amenities indicated hotel shuttle but there wasn’t one. Taxi ride to hotel was $45.

The soap in the rooms

terrible experience.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

it should be hostel instead of hotel. I always stay in westin hotel in my whole life vacation. At this time it ends here. let me tell you why ,the price is not cheap and my wife is got stick with allergy with carpet smell. Inside the hotel we could not sleep, we ask different room no change it is the same condition. How dare you guys rent hotel like this, that has hyginic issue.

staff service was good. the rest was terrible.

Not worth the $$
    • Studio Suite

The air conditioning was awful while trying to sleep. would shut on and off. Freezing one minute / then sweating the next. Short staffed and service was awful at the pool.

I liked the view, the beds were comfy

This was my second stay at your hotel. There will not likely be a 3rd.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we entered the bedroom, on Friday night, it was very chilly. The thermostat was set at 68 but it felt much chillier. I set it to 74, which was the maximum, and went to bed. The sheets and pillowcase were ice cold. I lay there all night waiting for things to warm up, which never happened. I didn't sleep at all. We boarded our cruise on Saturday afternoon and by that evening, I had a horrific cold. (I can't remember when I had a cold last.) I was sick for the entire cruise.

The breakfast was wonderful. We had 4 guests and they did not charge us for the children which was such a nice surprise.

Hotel is clean, staff great, excellent pool - overall, safe bet to any trip.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I never understand poor WIFI service at large facilities. The room required a passcode, which worked well, and the lobby, and/or computer area required a separate passcode, and connectivity was poor. I could barely get any work done. WIFI issues could be a HUGE problem.

The staff is great and the hotel/rooms well maintained. Pool is amazing!

Very comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had issues with our toilet, the Jacuzzi was not very clean a lot of leaves, bugs and there were children with no adult supervison. The women's bathroom in the gym area smelled really bad at times.

Bed was very comfortable. Andrej is a very good manager.

I’ll probably stay there again

Didn’t have air conditioner the first 36 hours. But they finally put a new compressor in.

The cleaning lady Hilda was very good and accommodating and thorough. The food was good. Staff were friendly

Browse Westin Fort Lauderdale traveller photo gallery