Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton - San Francisco Airport 3 stars

264 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA

#14 of 26 hotels in South San Francisco

The fitted bed sheet, seem small kept poping out of one...
    • Traditional Queen Room

The fitted bed sheet, seem small kept poping out of one corner. Only had coffee for one cup. Did not know they had a restaurant. And there was a blower in the hall way. The young lady at the front desk was awesome. Professional, Happy, and Quick.

Clean, convenient hotel, but other chains might give more value for money.
    • Traditional Queen Room

So close to the freeway that there was a little bit of noise, but it's also very convenient to the airport. Shuttle service is provided by an independent contractor, so it only stops twice an hour on a designated schedule, so be prepared. Schedule is on display at front desk.

Says it has a restaurant, but it was never open during my stay.

Not that good.
    • Executive King Suite

The fact that there was hair on the pillows on the couch aswell as my bed. Also their non existent roomservice. The chair by the desk was also VERY worn. Prices are way to high for a hotel with no roomservice or high quality rooms (build quality, the room was worn).

Comfortable bed. Comfortably large room. Fridge. Tisues.

The heat is broken. The sofa is dirty.
    • Traditional King Room

The heat/cool is broken, which cannot work to adjust the temperature in the room. We are here in winter and turned on the heat, but the machine just blew out the cold wind.

Terrible
    • Traditional Queen Room

Staff checking me in; she had no idea about anything. Said there was usb connection in room when I checked in. There wasn’t! She then said I could borrow the charger as long as I left my license there. Charger??? What was she talking about? I needed usb connection !!! Then..., to add insult to injury, we got violently awoken by the fire alarm at the crack of dawn. Terrible terrible stay.

Pillows

This hotel was suitable for rest before a long flight which was what I wanted.
    • Traditional King Room

If I had wanted to go outside of the hotel, there was nowhere to go as it was surrounded by freeways and no people-friendly businesses. One exit sign was hidden behind a ceiling-support.

It was near the airport and not too expensive.

4.5
    We will not be back
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was dirty. Our request to remove a ripped up old chair was ignored. We didn't like the view of the San Francisco convention center. Front desk staff was not friendly nor helpful. We were instructed to find the luggage cart on our own

Affordable. Freeway access is half a block from this Sheraton.

The room is pretty big.
    • Traditional King Room

Carpets are very dirty with stains on them. I booked for two nights and after the first night, I left my toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash, electric shaver and underwear in the room. As I came back, everything's gone and nothing was returned in lost and found. Who steals underwear or toothpaste? I assume the miscommunication within the hotel departments caused the problem. As a

The room is pretty big.

Nice place! Would definitely stay again!
    • Executive King Suite

The small fridge froze our salads we had in the fridge. We didnt realize it was set that cold.

The beds were really comfortable. The suite was nicely appointed.

Good value for the money
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location of this motel makes it a bit tricky to get in and out of the parking lot, but once you figure it out, it is OK. Because it is located right in a tight corner off of the freeway, the traffic noise is worse on one side of the motel than the other. Tip: Ask the reservation desk for a room on the quiet side when you make your reservation. The bottom of the tub in our room was pretty slippery. It was a good thing there was a grab bar on the wall in the shower. The elevator was slow, and was the least impressive thing about this motel. The interior of the elevator door was all marked up from a sign that had been removed, and the metal finish on the door is ruined. That is what you had to look at the entire time you were in the elevator, and it did not give you a good first impression. Also, one of the carpet tiles right in the middle of the elevator floor was loose and lifted out of place. I think the management needs to be aware that these things give a feeling that the entire motel is run down and subpar, which is not really the case. We took the stairs quite a bit to save time, and I noticed that the glass walls in the stairwell desperately need to be cleaned.

The bed linens were nice as they were soft and clean. The beds were comfortable too. I liked the variety of the pillows on the bed, as I need a very flat pillow, and they had one for me. The shower was good, with a nice shower head and plenty of hot water. Also, the shower curtain was great, as it bowed out away from the tub and had a top that was see through. The fan in the bathroom was good, which is a rarity for most motel rooms. I liked the fact that the room had a full length mirror. The temperature in the room was controlled by a thermostat on the wall, which took a while to figure out, but this is a nice feature. The people at the front desk were nice, and the people cleaning the rooms seemed very nice and energetic. Overall, I thought the motel was clean and well kept. There is a Denny's, an IHop and a Dunkin' Donuts within easy walking distance. There is also a place to rent a car that is very close to the motel so you can skip the car rental process at the airport if you want. We used their shuttle bus to do our transportation to and from the airport. It is a very quick trip to SFO from this motel.

Tennessee family vacation
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We ate in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. Our hamburgers were ordered medium-well, but were undercooked. The breakfast hash browns were cooked so quickly that the center was luke warm. So given the prices, I was not too thrilled. Service was very accommodating.

The bedding was excellent as was the mattress, comfy! The front desk was very accommodating and pleasant. She helped with 4:05 AM shuttle to SFO which was really appreciated.

Great place to stay
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were very comfortable and the staff very accommodating to our needs. It was centrally located as we were attending my niece's graduation from UCSF and was close to her house and easy to get to the ceremony. The handicap parking was located right in front which made it a wonderful easy access for my elderly mother.

GREAT STAY IN SAN FRAN LAST DAY

N/a

Service personnel, Eduardo, William, and Lisa were excellent, extremely friendly, service driven, and helpful. Really appreciated their help!!!

Probably won't go there again.
    • Traditional King Room

The wi-fi was down, and the staff didn't seem very apologetic about it. This is not what I expected from a Sheraton Hotel and I was disappointed. I did not have a SIM card for my phone because I was traveling from another country so I had no access to the Internet. This was, as I have said, disappointing, and the staff response was pretty much "deal with it".

The morning staff were pleasant and helpful. Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good customer service
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

i forgot their names but 2 beautiful Polynesian receptionists who check me in that evening were both very friendly always smile beautiful customer service so as the stuff at the bar and restaurant....my room was clean with beautiful view.Thank you ❤

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Perfect for what we needed.
    • Loft Suite

Sofa coach was uncomfortable, no pillows or blankets for it in the room. Price a little high on food for amount, but it tasted good.

Great setup, clean, my son enjoyed the view. Staff super nice, room service was great.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The staff was very friendly.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The staff was very friendly. I was able to get early check in and late check out. The room was clean and the bed super comfortable. I also liked the fitness center with brand new equipment.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Staff was great.
    • Executive King Suite

Hester did not work in my room, so they had to move me to a different room. Light was not working in bathroom. I asked for a quiet room in a corner or away from other people if possible. I had someone staying above me who was constantly running jumping and slamming doors to the early am. I slept very poor and was very dissapointed. I didn't call regarding noise because I didn't want to move rooms again. I feel for 140 dollars I expected more. I've stayed here many times in the past and love the comfort and quiet restful night I get. Accomadtions and staff are always awesome I must say. I was going to call in the morning for a refund as I didn't really sleep and I was inconvenienced. Hopefully, that was a one time occurence but I may think twice about staying there again.

Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Staff was nice
    • Traditional Queen Room

The bed was very worn out.the bathroom entry threshold was two high kept tripping over it and stubbed my toe . And my wife did not like the shower soap and conditioner.

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

One of the rooms was not cleaned, and one room was.
    • Traditional King Room

One of the rooms was not cleaned, and one room was. both requested same service.One room never received fresh towels , comp coffee and general cleaning.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Very conveniently located near the airport, with free...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Weekend restaurant staff were rude and food didn't come as ordered, but no problems at any other time.

Very conveniently located near the airport, with free shuttle bus every 30 mins. A little far from downtown SF and not much to do in the local area. About half an hour from the city in good traffic. Hotel was clean, comfortable and modern with very good wifi.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent hotel and staff
    • Traditional King Room

It was located by the airport and the shuttle was convenient. But it was far away from Fishermans Wharf and all the other tourists attractions we were interested in.

The hotel was great. The staff were amazing! Very friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nice Hotel, some improvements needed in food options
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Food options are very few. Lunch is not available. Simple boiled potatoes are not possible to get.

The property is nice and well maintained. The staff is very courteous and helpful. They took very good care of me, even when I was sick. Extremely helpful and caring people made the stay very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Great location, staff, and service in an incredibly beautiful hotel
    • Loft Suite

The stopper in my bathtub did not work and a hot bath is vitally important to me because of a health condition, however, the front desk gave me a free breakfast for two.

The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. The hotel was beautiful and the room was very very clean.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Convenient, small, quiet.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish it had a true restaurant or true bar, it was small & closed early.

Room was clean. Staff was very friendly, even calling stores around for me to find some items.

Understaffed . Thanks

Clean and comfortable
    • Traditional Queen Room

Hotel is a little tired and could do with a makeover

Clean and comfortable

Best location and cleanliness

Superior clean

adequate
    • Traditional King Room

hotel is outdated and feels old. My pillow had big lumps in them

the property is showing signs of age. it needs an update
    • Traditional Queen Room

that long corridor leading to the room was dreadful soiled carpets everywhere

bottled water available

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Air conditioning didn’t work.

It is OK.

Old. Need renovation.

Friendly staff, the lobby is very clean
    • Traditional King Room

The room is dated. The water in my bathroom took maybe 5 minutes to get warm.

Friendly staff, the lobby is very clean

Perfect

Friendly front desk.

Good

No breakfast, pricey.

Magnificent
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room is clean and comfortable, front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

Facility needs upgrades.
    • Traditional King Room

Facility needs upgrades. Waited 5 min for hot water on tub. Room was ok. Not sure to recommend

I was assigned to a room close to the highway, so very noisy at night. Other living condition was OK
    • Traditional King Room

I was assigned to a room close to the highway, so very noisy at night.

Nice

Very clean .comfy

Never again
    • Traditional King Room

Parking was horrible to much for room

I liked that my car was in a secure place in underground garage.
    • Traditional Queen Room

I like complete darkness in the room at night. Window shade could be more opaque.

friendly staff

Reasonable for the area. Customer service was blah
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The tv remote and AC did not work well; however, didn't really ruin the stay.

The room was clean and comfortable bed.

Great location for an early flight.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tiny ,awkward elevator. Our room had not been vaccinated.

Close to the airport. Very quiet room.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It was good

Don't like stores faraway

It was good

OK for the freeway
    • Traditional King Room

Some of the wall covering was peeling. The hotel is right on 101 and our room faced an off ramp, so it was noisy.

The bed and bedding were nice.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice but a mite too pricey.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You can hear people walking around above us. Wi-Fi was okay. Fee for parking could be lowered.

Clean. Comfortable bed. Roomy.

Paying for parking
    • Traditional King Room

Paying for parking No breakfast just coffee or tea

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very nice and I was very pleased.
    • Traditional King Room

Very nice and I was very pleased. I will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Room was excellent staff was nice

Room was excellent staff was nice

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

noise
    • Traditional King Room

the hotel is next to highway and very bad sound proof so we heard noise of cars, trucks and construction work all the night long

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

You can include a breakfast.
    • Traditional King Room

You can include a breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Staff was wonderful!
    • Traditional King Room

Staff was wonderful! Accommodated us with hour check in request.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The bed was comfortable.

Hallways were small. If you were inside, it seemed like it wasn't the Sheraton. Expense was high considering the value of the property

The bed was comfortable. The bar was nice. The staff were nice. Garages for parking

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Very spacious, very quiet despite being on the highway, a...

Very spacious, very quiet despite being on the highway, a beautifully sunset and a great view of the highway without hearing any noise. The shuttle to and from the airport was a great service.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Shuttle bus service

I have booked a room through booking.com and when our flight was delayed we tried to modify the reservation, but failed, called 7 times, the staff was unpleasant and rude saying that they would not make changes in third party booking. We had to change the room twice in 4 days stay. First we're given a room for handicapped, second room had broken ac, third night fire alarm was on at 3.30 A.m, and it's situated right in front of the bed. Account manager charged my card 4 times, and hold deposit even though our reservation was 100 % prepaid. The staff is very unprofessional!

Shuttle bus service

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

The room was very nice, and big.

the power outlets throughout the entire suite were faulty. Some of the outlets would work one time then all of a sudden they wouldn't. I literally had several outlets that when you put a charger in, they would fall out. The bed was ok, not super comfy, but ok.

The room was very nice, and big. I liked the loft style room. The Decor was nice, and had lots of space. The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. And the room cleaning was done very nicely.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Very nice staff, comfortable room, the location near the...

Some noice from the highway also during the night but that's was obvious from the map that it is not relaxing zone. :-)

Very nice staff, comfortable room, the location near the airport, very good breakfast (unfortunately extra payable).

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Less than 2 hours from Down Town in traffic.

AC unit did not work, had to move in middle of night to another room where a stomper above me forced me to sleep in my car in the parking garage.

Less than 2 hours from Down Town in traffic.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The morning staff greeted us graciously.

The early morning staff around 3am were not as attentive. Had to search and find the attendant every time I needed something. It took her over thirty mins to bring up face towels, and she wasn't easily accessible

The morning staff greeted us graciously. They were kind, patient, and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

It was conveniently located across the street from the South...

The hotel is in a noisy location adjacent to a major freeway and busy street. It was necessary to have air conditioning unit on to muffle street noise.

It was conveniently located across the street from the South San Francisco Conference Center. Free bottled water upon arrival was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

Staff on the day we checked in were pleasant and...

Staff on the day we checked in were pleasant and professional. However, the waiter for the breakfast meal was peculiar to say the least. Unable to accurately place the subtraction sign in the proper place in calculating our bill and we called her to clarify she still couldn't. We gave her our credit card it took her a while to come back, and when she did come back, she told us that we don't have to pay for the balance of two dollars and some change because she took care of it with the company's credit card. Which we found quiet offensive. Probably making a statement about the tip given to her which was above the percentage recommended for the price of the meal.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Someone open my door while sleeping I feel unsecured and they also try to charge me for parking which is ridiculous one of the front desk person is not very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2015

The bus route going into San Francisco has a stop that is...

The first room we had smelled like bad breath. We didn't get our room serviced on one of the days.

The bus route going into San Francisco has a stop that is next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

The staff were great.

The entry features a 5-6 step staircase up to the ground (?) floor - designed for travellers with a briefcase and overnight bag alone one imagines. Then the bathrooms, while sparkling clean, were ice palaces with tile flooring and scupted ice thrones and no thought to a means to heat either ...

The staff were great. Despite the kitchen being under renovation they were serving - the chef made suggestions and put together a great dinner with a deep, dark, rich, CA cabernet. Breakfast stuck to the ribs nearly all the way home, too!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

People were loud above us

People were loud above us

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Staff & management were outstanding !

Staff & management were outstanding ! Customerservice ABOVE & BEYOND !

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

The service and the overall professionalism of your staff

The service and the overall professionalism of your staff

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Room was clean and looked nice.

Too close to freeway. Heard cars all night long. It is uncool to charge for parking as there is no street parking.

Room was clean and looked nice.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Very comfortable

No breakfast included but IHOP is up the street.

Very comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 November 2015

Staff were very helpful and friendly

Staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Nice clean rooms and proximity to sfo.

Nice clean rooms and proximity to sfo. Also offered us long term parking for cheaper than any surrounding offers.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Pay to park

Close to airport

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.