Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare 3 stars

10249 West Irving Park Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Schiller Park

Super comfortable bed. Gym with almost all equipment needed for basic cardio training and weight lifting training. Located closed to airport and shopping mall outlet. Perfect for a short stay between two flights.

The manager Toni was so nice and sweet to my kids. She talked with them as we checked in. When she found out we were leaving for airport at 3am, therefore we would miss breakfast, she brought muffins to our room so we’d have something to eat in the morning. That gesture meant a lot to me during our stressful trip.

Property looked old, tired and very dated. The rooms were old fashioned, the furnishings, like wardrobes doors, headboards on beds were very dark and boring, something out if the 1960's....the carpet a very tired old dark brown,very worn and very depressing. The property is very badly in need of renovation. The bathroom is very small, too small. We had room with 2 queen beds, there were 3 adults, and it was not easy to negotiate Will I stay here again? No! Too many other nice options at Chicago Airport. As an SPG member , I am very surprised and disappointed at Sheraton Hotels that they added this property to their list. Breakfast had no buffet. Everything had to be ordered individually.

Property had a record of our reservation and the check-in was swift and efficient. Courtesy coaches for airport left on time.

Did not clean the room when I went for breakfast, was messy even 1.5 hrs later, despite specifically requesting.Room was on the GF, approx a 5-7 min walk from the reception.No trolley available either.Service was conspicuous by its absence.

Breakfast was ok.

At our stay a prom or party was going on, too loud and no type of organization on where to lead all the event crowd

Airport shuttle and front desk service

The rooms had more of an old motel feel. Dirty walls and curtains although the bedding and linen "looked" clean the room overall could have been better.

The property is very outdated the place looks dingy and smells like mildew

Food was not good for the price. Parking was a nightmare. It advertised free parking but when we got there we were charged $15 per night. We left to get dinner and there was not one empty space to park due to the many parties they had. If I have to pay for parking I should have available parking and park their party guests somewhere else. The parties all spilled out into the hallways. I was run into by two different children running through the lobby. The room we had was to hold four people. There's enough coffee for one and one bottle of water. The staff was less than friendly. Checking in the lady kept calling me ma'am but was not smoking or helpful. I had to ask questions that other hotels volunteer, such as amenities, where the pool is, where the restaurant is, etc. When we got there we were under the overhead and it was pouring rain, we were told we had to move to the 15 minute parking area but two other cars after us we're allowed to unpack under the overhead and no one said anything. The only good thing is it has a nice pool and the hotel was clean

The food was ok

the pool could of been a bit warmer.

The hotel far exceeded our expectations. I would definitely stay here again and wish I had used the hotel in the past rather than more expensive alternatives.

The room was clean but could use a deep clean. Could see dirt in the corners and dust hanging on the ceiling. Toilet kept messed up a few times also.

Good location to the airport with free shuttle to and from. Hotel was clean overall and very friendly staff.

My my running shoes got wet when I went to the fitness center because there was pool water all over the floor.

Stranded overnight because my flight was cancelled. Nice comfortable stay.

Room was very nice, comfy bed, refrigerator in the room, free bottle of water. The hotel has a 24 hour shuttle service to the Chicago International Airport which was great since my flight left at 6:00 AM. Staff was very nice too!

No free breakfast, but the restaurant by the hotel had great food. So, I didn't mind paying

Staff service was professional, very clean hotel, and free parking was nice.

No breakfast. Weird rules --- there is room service and there is a bar -- but they will for some reason not deliver from the bar to your room, so if you would like to have a beer in your room after a 20 hour flight from the other side of the world, well, go back downstairs to the bar and get it yourself. That's right, "sorry, we don't deliver beer to the room, but you can go to the bar." Thanks. Just what I wanted after flying from Kabul to Chicago. By the way, in Kabul, where alcohol is essentially illegal, if you stay at one of the few hotels with bars for foreigners, they will bring a beer to your room.

Close to airport

The food at the restaurant was delicious, the staff was friendly and welcoming, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. So pleased with my last minute choice.

For a hotel that close to the airport to not have amenities like toothpaste and toothbrush is absurd. no soap in the bathroom is also unacceptable

location was convenient. food in the restaurant was OK

• VIP King Room

I waited about half an hour in cold rain for the airport shuttle. I calle"d the facility. The person who answered asked "what facility." I answered, "Chicago O'Hare Airport." He answered, "O'Hare is an airport, not a hotel." Smart Aleck, and further smart aleck remarks. When the shuttle finally arrived, it had, "Sheraton by Four Points O'Hare Airport" written on the side. I realized there are two Sheraton Four Points in the area. Other passengers did not. They boarded and had to get off, implying a long wait for another shuttle. In the morning, the shuttle was delayed in leaving. The driver complained there was only one driver. Bad management. The airport shuttle is critical in a one-night layover. When I got to the hotel, I think the reception person was the same I had talked to by phone. I was given a room by far the longest walk away I have ever experienced in my life, after hundreds of hotel stays. Overall, the hotel seemed run-down and shabby. I'm aware of the quality of the lodging in this area, from high-end Hiatt Renaissance, Marriotts, and others to lower-end Comfort Inn and La Quinta. The quality of those available is generally excellent. This Four Points by Sheraton didn't make the cut.

The restaurant was ok. The room was about standard.

While the quality of the food and drink was good, it was a little expensive.

This hotel offers an extremely efficient shuttle service to the airport. The staff are very pleasant and helpful , the rooms are comfortable and overall the accommodation is of a high standard.

I didn't like the proximity to such a busy airport. It sounded like a thunderstorm every few minutes. I also didn't care for paying 12.00/day to park. Most irritating though was that the pool is located off the lobby and down a hall with banquet rooms. My family and I had to walk through a Quinceañera, business retreat, and a wedding reception to get to the pool. Meanwhile, guests from said events lurked in the hallways and watched everyone in the pool. The 2 areas should be a little more segregated.

Great location, rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. There was ample parking for guests. I also liked that there was a restaurant onsite, especially in the morning.

False advertisement. There is no jacuzzi. Reason why i wanted to stay here and to much chlorine in the pool.

The staff was so friendly and always said hello. The restaurant staff was so amazingly nice. Parking was not a problem. Very dog friendly. I ended up staying an extra night and they were so helpful with me keeping the same room. Would reccomend this place.

No fridge in room was odd.. No hot tub in pool area was a bummer. And even though checkout is at 12, the maid came by twice before we left.

The bed was nice and soft. I liked that checkout was at 12 not 11. Loved the shuttle service to the airport.

Bath tub didn't drain, even after calling front desk and maintenance coming and removing hair from drain( gross)!

Location, restaurant on sight, friendly staff.

The pool was being renovated and it was closed until April. The work out area was also closed! There was a small sign in the lobby and near the elevator that read the disappointing news about the pool and work out areas being renovated. There should have been a notification about the pool online prior to booking here. My 6 year old daughter was extremely unhappy as was I. I definitely would not have booked this hotel had I known that. Also the window and window sill and ledge was extremely dirty. It looked as though neither in our room had been cleaned in over a year! The USB outlets also didn’t work in the room to top everything else off! There was also a fee of $12 to park in their parking lot and there was a wedding booked at the hotel so parking was difficult. We ended up parking in the street! The whole experience at this hotel was extremely disappointing. I would not recommend this hotel for convenience, cleanliness, or leisure.

There is a nice restaurant attached to the hotel. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The lobby was nice and the room wasn’t too far from the elevator.

I didn’t like how booking.com showed me different price than what it actually costed. The price that was advertised on the website was $174 and after I entered my CC info and received my receipt I was charged $214. That was misleading and disappointing.

Clean and classy nothing to complain about

We were not informed upon booking that the pool and fitness center were under construction. We were not told that we'd be charged for parking. We were not told that if we left the parking lot, we were not guaranteed a spot when we returned - even though we paid the parking fee! The mini fridge was not plugged in or cold when we needed it.

The facility was clean. The food at the Mirage was very tasty. The room was spacious.

Not much to improve. I don't travel that much, so I'd forgotten that hotels often charge for parking. The windows were maybe a little old and drafty, but that's hardly a thing to knock them on.

With a little help from my GPS, I got right to the hotel. It was a last minute reservation and I got this full service hotel for less than the motel I was planning on. It made for a very nice relaxing end to my week away. The room had a great desk and comfortable office chair, which oddly is what I look for in a room. The bed was soft and warm.

Very nice room and the bed was so comfortable..best hotel bed Ive ever been in..bathroom was super clean and shower had awesome pressure. Will go back for sure.

The hotel is very near to airport,have shuttle bus every 20mins,take 10mins to airport,it near to fashion outlets,cost usd7.00 by left for two people,the restaurant inside hotel is reasonable price and good taste

I had an issue with my hotel booking because I booked my hotel via Expedia & the hotel staff apparently can’t help you when you book a room online . I paid to stay at this hotel from Friday-Monday morning & ending up paying an additional $100 for another night because of some issue with booking my room online in which I still don’t understand. So 2 thumbs down!!

I was approved for a late check out thru booking.com. Staff could not find any info about that upon check in. Staff approved upon check in though. Kudos to desk agent.

Booking.com

The soaps were very strongly scented so don’t use them if you have sensitive skin. Also they make mention of a smoke free environment which I’m sure they are now but our room smelled very strongly of a scented spray to mask old odors which gave us a headache

Good location to the airport with free shuttle. Friendly staff and good price for a nicer hotel.

Room did not have a frig, and the free coffee in the room was not so good.

Room was clean with nice seating and a big tv with free internet. The wonderful bed, big and comfy!

This room had an iron burn mark on carpet. It just seemed like an old room. The bath tub drain was so slow that when we showered the water backed up in the tub. The shower head was terrible. I just felt like because we booked through booking.com and paid a lower price they put us in a less desirable room.

Having to pay $12 to park and going up to a room with change underneath the bed which means they didn't vacuum and long hairs were on the bathroom floor....the toilet and shower were clean so we let it go

The pool area was nice

Pool was really cold. Parking additional $12. We booked for $96 with no breakfast. Other guests booking through Expedia got the same room for $78.

Convenient air port shuttle. Luggage was stored.

It is very comfortable and clean. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. I had some issues with payment, however they fixed. It is a good place to stay if you have a long layover in Chicago!

The heating system was difficult to regulate.

The food at Mirage was fabulous! The room was very comfortable. The shuttle driver was kind and accommodating.

I've been to other places and this one did not have microwave or a small fridge. And the t.v was cheap not a clear resolution some channel to dark to see them and a limited selection of them,for that price i think o only payed for the bed and it was expensive to stay an extra 6 hours.

The bed.pool.hispanic staff very friendly. Other not so much they looked botherd at the fact i even had a reservation, i thought their where no more people like this guessnot.

I imagine it can't be 'fixed' without a major renovation but I was surprised to see how the hotel seemed old. The hallways and general areas (elevators/stairs, side doors, etc) are aesthetically unpleasing hallways and seemed untidy. The room was ok. Bathroom fittings were old. When the website said $12 a night for parking, I thought it was for long-term parking only :(

Front desk was helpful and willing to accommodate requests. Room was ok. NFL channel on tv was a bonus!

• King Room - Disability Access

distance from lobby to my room

Booked for a handicap room and when I arrived they were out of handicap rooms. I had to walk a long ways to my room which was very painful for me as I had an accident weeks before my stay on both of my knees.

no refrigerator in room. No breakfast included in fare. The reception claimed not to have received my credit card authorization form even though the person who did the booking for me had both called and emailed them.

large rooms. comfortable shuttle service to and from airport.

Comfortable, clean, well-appointed room, good restaurant and bar within the hotel, pool and jacuzzi, no problems at all. It was just a night-stop at Chicago O`Hare airport and this hotel is perfectly adequate for that purpose. It`s quite noticeable that several airlines accommodate their crews there for overnight layovers, which is a good indicator that it`s absolutely fine.

TV channels: nothing in Spanish, nor HMM, FETV. Need a credit card and ID to register, why not cash and ID too??? Some people do not care about credit cards....just cash!

Being taken back and forth to O'Hare airport; inside restaurant menu and food.

Aircraft noise was a bit if an issue but it’s an airport hotel so no big problem.

Regular shuttle to/from O’Hare. Modern, clean, comfortable with helpful friendly staff and a pretty good restaurant/bar.

I just used the hotel to stay overnight before a connecting long flight and it worked fine for this purpose, very close to the airport, shuttle service and lobby reception staff very helpful.

no complaints. Staff was great.

Airport shuttle was a plus! I did not have to get a rental as I was only staying one night due to a missed flight. The Airport shuttle gentleman was fantastic. I did not take the train but you can take the airport shuttle to the airport and catch the train into the city. That is a plus if you are wanting to avoid paying for a rental car.

Breakfast started too late for me as I was on an early morning flight and had to take the shuttle. Not a big problem as I could get something at the airport, but I would have thought there would be people leaving early every day.

The swimming pool was good, especially as I had it to myself. The bar and bar food was good and the airport shuttle worked fine for both pickup and return to the airport. I had an early morning flight following several days of travelling so wanted somewhere comfortable and convenient for the airport. Some of the other hotels started their shuttle service too late for me so that is something to watch out for, but this one is fine for early departure - went like clockwork. I was very pleased with my stay here and would return without hesitation.

No issues

Great location right near the airport, perfect for an overnight stay when you get in late and have to organise rental cars the next day. Restraurant in the hotel was awesome and open until 12 at night, great food at great prices.

Within driving distance of Chicago,but a third of the cost of city hotels.helpful staff. Lovely menu,freshly prepared food available until midnight - a big bonus.FREE parking - another big bonus when touring in a hired car. No noticeable aircraft noise - keen plane watchers anyway!! Didn't go wandering around the area.Hotel in a semi secluded spot. Just 2 miles away from car return and O'Hare.

The food and services of Mirage Restaurant inside the hotel is good. I regret not to eat breakfast on the day of departure because it would be more comfortable to have all you can eat buffet breakfast in it and the price is only $11 per head. I enjoy to swim alone in its indoor swimming pool.

• King Room - Disability Access

No w/c accessible shuttle, no alternative means to transport to/from airport. The noise in the hallway on the first floor kept me awake most of the night. I couldn't get anyone to answer phone so I had to yell at those in the hall.

Nice staff and nice beds

No continental breakfast included but restaurant is on site. Outside neighborhood appears suspect but very nice establishment inside. Some of the light fixtures were broken but not a big deal.

Food at restaurant and lounge was pretty good and moderately priced. Beds were very comfortable for one night. Free airport shuttle leaves every 20 minutes.

A/c

A/c ao noisy i did not get too much sleep. Arroved on a long intl flight and needed sleep but the extreme noice in the a/c kept me awake

The coffee in the room was terrible and there was no coffee bar downstairs in the morning.

The restaurant on site is just okay, but the staff is great. The room was clean and the shuttle bus driver was very kind and helpful.

I could have used help bringing my luggage up to my room, and also I got onto to the wrong shuttle because I wasn't aware there was another Sheraton hotel nearby, when I had asked about the shuttle it would have been nice to have had a forewarning about this. Also a complimentary breakfast or snacks would be nice, and when I invited a few people to visit there was no place we could sit out front so they had to come to my hotel room which I found to be inconvenient.

I liked that there was a free airport shuttle

They misplaced my reservation....but they made good on it and searched for it. I appreciated their hard work

So very convenient to o'hare and offers paid parking lot

The only negative is a slow Wi-Fi but it is nothing compared to the value offered on that stay.

Outstanding value for the rate I have paid. Clean, comfortable and high end.

There's nothing around the hotel, so you should get airport shuttle and board the train there to get to the city. Or have a car.

Clean soundproof room, with all the amenities. Nice friendly staff, convenient airport shuttle.

There were no changing facilities on the pool or gym so we had to walk back to the room wet and in swimwear.

Great hotel. Friendly staff and great shuttle bus service.

I was placed in a room with a handicapped shower and chair. Dim lighting. And it was on the first floor where I could hear all the people going up and down the hall.

The location was convenient. Parking was "free"

The airport shuttle is very efficient. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly, giving us all the help we required. The room was very comfortable and the restaurant offered both good food and good service.

It was a little difficult to find a restaurant that delivered nearby

Close to the airport, convenient and comfortable shuttle, very friendly and helpful staff

The staff were rude. There was no booking in the system so we had to call through. The hotel smelt bad. The outside was filthy We did not like the place and couldn't wait to leave.

The location and the meal at the restaurant

The shower didn't work...and the cold water tap...so we needed up having to take a bath, cooling the water down by using ice cubes!!! When we reported the issue at the front desk on checking out, she wasn't helpful at all, grumpy and blaming us for not doing something right! I found her attitude appalling, and condescending. In all honesty I feel we should have received some kind of compensation. Very poor indeed!

The bed was very comfy, so we slept well.

The food in the restaurant and the room service was phenomenal! Lisa, the night time front desk attendant was super,friendly yet professional and went out of her way to accommodate us! Her customer service skills are impeccable!

They charged me $12 a night for parking and the Booking.com website said the parking was free. I would have booked another hotel had I known I would be paying for parking. They had a free bottle of water the first night, the second night there were two and the third night there was one. There were 2 of us in the room. Also, we didn't have anything to stir our coffee with.

The room was nice and the bed was ok. The pillows were good.

Hotel room was somewhat dated. Overall look of the hotel could use a facelift, however was very clean.

The restaurant food was exceptional. Staff was very friendly. Appreciate the free shuttle to the airport. Good value for the price.

I had to book this last minute when I flew to Chicago a day early. The price was great, and the staff was friendly. Also, the free shuttle to the hotel was there as I arrived, so I didn't even have to wait. I also used the gym in the morning, and although it is not very big, it worked fine for me. Overall, if I ever needed a hotel at the Chicago airport again, I would stay here.

Toilets were very poor has I was in a wheelchair getting in and out of the doors the only disabled toilet that we could find was in the men's so my wife could not help !!

Lovely room facilities for me being disabled were good !!

While rooms are clean the public spaces have issues. Worn paint, slow and tired elevators, muddy spaces by walkways in gust parking area.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Quiet even though it is next door to O'Hare.

The room didn't have a microwave or a refrigerator. We ordered food from the restaurant but had to disposed of it because there was no where to store or reheat the leftovers. No shower caps either.

The rooms were clean.

Everything else was dated. Sheets dirty, bathroom not pleasant, tub didn't drain well, no ventilation which caused water droplets everywhere when taking a hot shower. Worst of all, parking in the hotel was not free and the staff didn't bother to tell you upfront. Forget about trying to do laundry on your own because there isn't a guest laundry service. You get can a better value near the airport somewhere else.

The hotel lobby looked nice and it's closed to Ohare.

Room and bathroom were small, hallways were dirty and room was reasonably clean but had an unpleasant odor. Sound proofing was inadequate: highway noise made relaxation and sleep difficult. Staff were friendly.

Some of the hallway areas seemed shabby. Long walk from the lobby to my room. Didn't bother me, but for those with mobility issues it could be a problem.

Spotlessly clean, attractive lobby, professional and helpful staff, on-site restaurant offers surprisingly good food and service. Fast reliable free wifi.

Needing renovation, which had already begun. A bit run down but obviously this has been recognized and is being addressed.

friendly welcome and staff. Excellent beds. Very convenient from O'hare with easy parking.

short stay all well. proper directions to find the shuttle in O'Hare would help. It also picks up from International terminal 5 which I didn't know and would have saved me a lot of time.