Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza 3 stars

2828 South West Freeway , Houston, TX 77098, USA

#202 of 389 hotels in Houston

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

That I booked the hotel room that came with complementary breakfast but I ended up being charged but wasn't the hotel's fault. A simple error on booking.com part.

I loved the pleasent atmosphere, it was very quiet and the hotel was very clean. The hotel staff was very speedy with taking care of all of my needs and very courteous. Housekeeping was excellent! The rooms were so clean you couldn't find anything out of place no crumbs or anything on the floor in sight. Just like I like it! Even the pool area was kept in the best condition and I'm real big on cleanliness. Most places no matter where you go have a filthy restroom; I can't say that about this hotel, to my surprise the restrooms in the lobby we're ALWAYS Clean. Huge Plus For Me!!!!

• Traditional King Room

The toilet was very weird, it was small and quite tall. The bathroom sink had a leak and every time you wash your hands you get your feet wet. I don't think this is common practice in this hotel so I hope they fix everything as soon as we left.

Comfort and location was the main reason for our stay in this hotel and deliver as expected. The bed was really good and this hotel is very near the hospital area. Other nearby hotels are not as affordable as this one and this is definitively better in quality.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

The room smelled HORRIBLE.. It smelled like wet mildew carpet.... I had the staff spray some sort of air freshener that housekeeping uses. I used an entire bottle of Victoria Secret spray and a small baby powder to try to get rid of the smell. When I 1st turned the bathroom faucet on , dirty brown water came out... Staff was great.. Bed was comfy.

Staff

• Traditional King Room

The bed was extremely comfortable and staff were friendly. There was a ten dollar a night parking fee, I think the price is fair enough to include parking.

• Traditional King Room

It was dated. Soap and shampoo dispensers in shower but it smelled like men’s active products. We were given a hard time during the check in process.

Good location, easy to find

• Traditional King Room

Noisy air conditioning in the room, not sound proof windows and you can hear all outside highways sounds, cold water running in the shower and also the shower switch was broken.

Bed is fairly comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Had a negative experience with the complimentary driving service where the driver said she would “take care of us” for our trip to NASA and organize a friend to drive us. He tried to charge us $170 return!

The gym was decent

• Traditional King Room

There was information in the room offering Starbucks gift cards for days that you didn't have the room serviced. We indeed didn't have the room serviced during our stay (as requested via the card we were asked to post on the doorknob), but never received any kind of "reward" for this. This is partly my fault, as I didn't notice the omission until after we had left for the airport, but my email query on this issue has never been answered except by a "Thanks for your email" note. Not a big deal, but also not a great sign of concern for guests and for consistency of communication.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Staff wasn’t as friendly, toilet issues in which they fixed right away, stopper in the tub was broken and the hall carpeting and decore was really out dated looked like a cheap motel

• Traditional King Room

The room was so small , you had to pay for breakfast and parking I could’ve gone to a cheaper hotel and had those things

The cable there was so many channels

• Traditional King Room

The staff was just about the friendliest I've ever come across. After 3 days they were like old friends. Incredible! After a long work day it was a welcome homecoming. The food in the restaurant was 4 star. Limited selection, but everything on it was delicious, so much so I ate in every night. The fish tacos were fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Traditional King Room

We were given a room on the 9th as we requested a high floor. Little did we know about some sort of super noisy engine or fan or compressor or whatever that was on the roof. We could not sleep all night. Then they moved us to the 6th floor. It was less noisy, but still noisy and uncomfortable. The staff could be the best ever and do what is in their power, which they did, but it is the responsibility of the hotel to make comfort possible, in every way. Fix this, and give a bit more attention to the swimming pool area, make it look nicer and more inviting and fun, and I'd rate the hotel excellent.

The hotel is super clean and the staff are amazing. They greeted us with great respect and catered to our every need. Impeccable service.

• Traditional King Room

It was evident that the bathroom was updated very cheaply. Wallpaper was coming off wall at the baseboard, toilet seat was wobbly, mold at the bottom of toilet at the caulking, tub was sprayed with a finish that was peeling off, tiles were sprayed as well. Bathroom door hit the curved shower rod. No microwave or refrigerator.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good but had to pay extra for it when booking.

• Traditional King Room

Dirty and staff couldn't be bothered

Toilet almost refused to flush ...slow to flush , no microwave in room , no vending machines, carpet in room dirty and torn, shuttle doesn't run on weekends, and when I asked for a cab o airport , I was unaware that try called their private limo driver and charged me $60 to go 11 miles to airport and then he didn't take my chip Anericsn Express so I had to drain all my cash just to pay him. The rude should h d cost no more than $25 as it did on the way there from airport via Yellow Cab. What a huge ripoff without my knowledge.

• Traditional King Room

Air conditioner NOISE ALL NIGHT!!! Not being able to fall asleep because of the NOISE ALL NIGHT!! Comment made by staff to resolve the issue No coffee in room and no pot to make it in

Beautiful lobby The staff friendly

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Hate products in shower that don’t have explicit labels. What type of soap shampoo and conditioner. Don’t use products that don’t tell me ingredients

Staff is excellent.

• Traditional King Room

The room was too noisy, the AC was noisy, When I booked the room , it said for three people, but it didn’t occupy more than two. I stayed one night and did my check out, but the hotel took the whole amount of seven nights and refused to return the money, although staff from booking.com tried to contact them to return my money but they refused.

• Traditional King Room

The restaurant needs some renovation, the cloth seats were dirty and the food was mediocre. The sounds of the traffic was loud and disruptive but it was easy to get to.

Location, comfortable beds, price and staff.

• Traditional King Room

Why did they make us pay for parking? The entry gate was open the entire time of our stay and there was no request for ID at the exit. Anyone could have gone in and out...I don't understand why we had to pay for that.

Room was quiet; bed was exceptionally comfortable; staff was super friendly.

• Traditional King Room

Room service only cam once a day. One of the pillow must of had a slight tear because there was always white feathers floating in the air and getting all over out clothes.

• Traditional King Room

This is an older property, although they’ve tried to keep it up nicely. Also the restaurant and bar onsite is pretty expensive. Parking is tight, although affordable for Houston at $10 a night. Also they place a $50 hold for incidentals on your card.

Great staff! They were very helpful and friendly during our stay. This hotel is on a busy freeway, but they have earplugs if you’re sensitive to such things. There was a small fridge in the room. Great location for the museum district and restaurants.

• Traditional King Room

Room was not comfortable at all. Heater was not working, a lot of noise from A/C unit and other machines and was no fridge in the room. In the pictures the property looks amazing but it’s 100% as pictures. Price is good Free WiFi Clean Good location

• Traditional King Room

We were welcomed by the staff at the front desk, efficiently dealt with and our room was ready for us, enabling our immediate departure for some sightseeing before it got dark. The next day our very early departure was also dealt with efficiently. This hotel is very convenient as far as getting to and from the hotel from the motorway.

• Traditional King Room

The parking was $10 extra. The check-out staff was quite rude when I asked for a printed receipt, nothing like the check-in experience. They ask for $50 in advance for extra expenses that they refund later if not used.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The check-in staff is awesome, the guy at front desk explain every amenity and option with care and patience. The location is excellent for medical visits and the price is great.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

The hotel is quite outdated. Elevator Floors cracked and bathroom needs a renovation badly.

Friendly staff and parking price is reasonable. Beds are very comfortable.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

1.The first room we got was wrong room. The second room is terrible.TV didn’t work,bathtub was broken, the room was dusty. 2. We booked the room including the breakfast, but the staffs said the system didn’t show that way. The staffs were so rude without a word to apologize !! Never go back again!

Location is not bad.

• Traditional King Room

Room cleaning very poor. Furnishings really need upgrade. Value for money poor. Much better options in the market and will try those next time

Bar and bar staff

• Traditional King Room

It didn’t bother me but one of the elevators looked a bit run down with a few tiles missing from floor and ceiling

Lots of pillows, huge bed, very clean. Great bathroom amenities

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Old used furniture with scratches, not such a tidy and very small bathroom - the door won't even open properly. Quite loud - the windows facing the freeway are very thin and the doors of the neighbours get smashed very loudly. Breakfast is not included.

Stable wifi, bottled drinking water in the room for free, comfortable bed.

• Traditional King Room

Was really hard to exit because of the street parking. I could hear my neighbors laughing late in the night.

Gated parking. Staff was super pleasant. Let us check in early. The restaurant in the hotel had excellent burgers and let us take it to our room.

• Traditional King Room

The property could have been cleaner. The pool area was not very clean and some kids were smoking weed in the pool. The toilet was very small as well. All and all, the place was okay for one night but was the worst of the two other places we stayed at in Dallas and Port Aransas during our trip. Worst by a large margin.

The room was okay and the location was very convenient to the interstate and restaurants. Check-in was quick and the on-site parking was good. We were close to Goode's Seafood which was a good place to eat.

• Traditional King Room

Front desk person didn’t greet, she was rude for being a front desk customer service employee. Hotel is very old and not well maintain. The bathtube drain wasn’t working. Asked for extra towels and hangers and had to called twice.parking is limited eve though you have to pay $10 per day.

Bed was comfortable

• Traditional King Room

The freeway noise is super load and no double pain windows to help with this. The cleanliness is sad in bathroom, maintenance does shoddy job, or upkeep failing. Door handled to closest pulled right out, the bottom of the fold down shower chair had God knows what on it, the grout on floor dirty, under sink metal bar and feet holding up sink/counter dirty. The fact you have to pay 10.00 for parking, it should be included and the price should be more atound 89.00 per night. Trying to sleep you could hear every slamming door as they close very easy, no soft close.

• Traditional King Room

We have not tried the breakfast, so I really can't comment on the quality. Parking in the evening is full sometimes, but still accessable.

The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Lobby is bright and cheery and the coffee and water service is a nice addition.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Check in was at 3. Finally got a room at almost 4. There for rodeo which started at 345 with my kids. Staff not concerned just told you to have a seat and wait. Others came in and they had to way to track who arrived and what order.😡

• Traditional King Room

The bed was hard as a rock. The ac was exceptionaly loud every time it came on rattalinng the wall. The the breakfast was over priced!!! $14 for a breakfast buffet that only had 5 selections. Less fancy hotels have free breakfast and have way more selection

I got a discount with booking.com

• Traditional King Room

Noisy in mornings with cleaning staff working. Parking lot is signage is confusing and makes guest think payment is required.

Convenient location, staff was friendly enough (minus overnight), clean rooms.

• Traditional King Room

The bed didnt seem clean nor did the pillow cases. The back of the toilet was cracked and the top for it was for a different toilet and didnt fit. For the location and name the room was very average.

The location was where I needed to be and the staff was friendly.

• Traditional King Room

Bed was very comfortable. And very clean and had no ordor! We especially like the breakfast! Everything was fresh and tasty! Monica at the front desk was exceptional and personal! That is so important when you are there for medical reasons.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Right by freeway. Terrible noise all night. Run-down building, feels like staying at a surface polished half-way house. I was really disappointed. Pictures told another story.

Real nice and efficient girl at the front desk.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

When booking we also booked to include breakfast for our entire stay. We thought it was for all 4 of us in the room but then when we got there they said only 2 per room could eat, per day. This was very upsetting as, well, there were 4 of us! I’d think if your purchasing breakfast for your room then everyone in the room should receive a breakfast ticket.

The staff was wonderful and very helpful with the exception of one.

• Traditional King Room

They are very stingy with freebies. Not that I needed it, but comparing them to four other hotels I used, same period, I expected more from them. But that didn't spoil the total of 9 or 10days I spent there.

Cleanliness. Location. Nice bar. Good music in the lobby, spreading across the dining, business center and bar.

• Traditional King Room

I didn't like that we had to pay a parking fee for each car but other than that everything was great! Great location and the beds were very comfortable!

As stated above...

The buffet in my opinion should be reviewed/evaluated and upgraded to reflect a more competitive and appealing selection. The menu is limited and could use reassessment as well. The desk staff was lovely!

• Traditional King Room

That I wasn't there for a longer period of time!!

I enjoy the hotel very much. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable.ibhad a question about the television and the technician was up there(4th floor) within 5 minutes and I was impressed. Any question I had was answered with a smile and I would recommend this facility to the world!!! Thanks you all.

• Traditional King Room

It seemed old. Like it could use a little touch up. Also, you have to pay for parking and breakfast.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was great for my visit.

• Traditional King Room

I was charged twice for my room. I was booked in under someone else’s name. I haven’t been refunded. My room had trash behind a chair in a bag with drug needles laying right on top any my daughter with ness seeing this crap.

• Traditional King Room

They had homeless little 15 year old girls sitting in the lobby harassing me and my friend. Following us upstairs trying to get into our male friends room. Calling us names . And the only thing the manager had to say was “ We can’t control everybody who walks in the hotel .”

The room was nice

• Traditional King Room

There was an slight smell... maybe they have some dry rot? My fiance and I are Realtors so we notice those kind of smells. It's an older building... in the bathroom the sink faucet is like turning on the shower, you have to turn it on full blast to get to the warmer temperatures.

Nice place, great location - love Levy Park and view towards Houston City proper!!

• Traditional King Room

Rooms filled out quickly, my other friends wanted to reserve at the same place but didn't make it in time. But other than that it was great !

It was everything I was looking for and perfect for a place to stay. I fell asleep instantly, loved my room in my upper level view. Would really go again without a doubt. Very comforting beds and blankets along with pillows. Will be looking forward to go once again if they're any more good price deals available!!!

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Not including breakfast throw me off a little. I was told i got free breakfast with my stay!

My overall stay was nice the staff was great. i was able to do early check in without the extra charge and late check out.

• Traditional King Room

The bar. The bartender didn’t know how to make any drinks. None of the drink options were available. Food was kind of pricey. But that’s what I get for being to lazy to leave.

Despite the area the hotel was stil quiet.

• Traditional King Room

Staff were excellent. Room was clean, bed super comfortable, bathroom clean and very functional. Some light traffic noise could be heard from the nearby freeway, but otherwise, great location.

• Traditional King Room

The area isn't particularly attractive and it was farther from the Menil Collection than I thought. It is right off of a freeway. The staff while friendly didn't really tell me much. My major complaint is that parking was $10--it should have been free.

The breakfast which I prepaid $10 for (versus $14.95 on the spot) was fairly good--all drinks included, hot eggs, french toast, etc. Wish there was yogurt and stayed open later (closed at 10am). The waitstaff was very accommodating on getting drinks (juice, tea, milk,) and other foodstuffs. the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.

• Traditional King Room

Just that we had to change rooms more than once; but that is a small issue compared to the great attention and care that was provided.

The staff (Dedra, Dennis, and Me. Monica) went above and beyond to make sure our stay was top notch (1st room was too small and too close to stairwell-changed; 2nd room had a fragrant smell that was too much for my senses-changed; 3rd room- PERFECT!).

• Traditional King Room

Had to pay for parking. Ask for an alternative to feather pillows, did not arrive the first night of stay and second had to call again for them two times. I had a king room and they only brought 2 pillows and they ended up being feather pillows as well. I end up sick and having to take Benadryl. The breakfast buffet was equivalent to what you get when it is included with most hotels, having to prepare some of the food yourself, but expensive price of 16 + per person. The hotel lobby are had the smell of mold and dampness. I actually thought it was free parking and included breakfast.

Front desk staff bey friendly

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

Great Place. Great location, clean, comfortable, rooms much better than I thought they would be. Definitely great value in Houston right in the middle of everything.

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

there was no mini fridge in room and vending machine on our floor, nor did I see a pantry room to purchase snacks and toilettes

the staff was all very friendly and helpful

• Traditional Two Queen Beds

No dislikes this time. Everything was good

Excellent staff...from people at the check in reception to cleaning staff. Really friendly and service committed. We arrive early and we even get our rooms before check in time

• Traditional King Room

They said they had a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off at the medical center. It was wrecked so that put me 3.5 miles from the medical center that I had to get a driver. You would think a hotel of this status would be able to have at least rented one till theirs was fixed

The bed was nice and large room was quite

• Traditional King Room

Food was great but would have like a little more restaurant type setting.

Adequate location. Room comfortable. Easy to get in and out of parking lot. Front desk easy to use. Elevators easy to find and use.

• Traditional King Room

The bathroom is small and the toilet was child-size! It’s very inconvenient. The hallways smell funny and the building is aging.

The location is good and the bed is comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

The staff, no bell bottom to assist with your baggage... there are so many things that I will not spend time counting.

Really the only good thing about this hotel was the location

• Traditional King Room

The room they put us in was small and very noisy due to the fact that we were above the laundry room, so all day and night long you heard this roaring noise from the dryers and washers going all day. Didn't like the fact that we had to pay $10.00 a night to park at your hotel, never heard of a hotel charging for parking before, meals in your restaurant were very high.

I like the fact that the location was excellent to MD Anderson. Room was clean and the bed was some what comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

I didn't like how I had to pay $249.00 for two nights when I spent the first night in a dirty room, which I couldn't take a shower because the bathtub was unclean. . which I took pictures to post online... Not to mentioned the paint made my allergies worse. However, let's see if I get half of my money back per management.

When I spoke with the manger she was very understanding..

• Traditional King Room

Nothing! Definitely need a car to get around but it was a great stay.

The staff were lovely and the bed was super comfy. We only stayed the 1 night while driving through but I could have easly stayed another.

• Traditional King Room

the toilet and shower didnt work properly. the carpet had serious stains. the drapes were falling down. should NOT be a charge to park on the property. Should not be a $14.95 breakfast charge. there was not a working ice machine on our floor . no fridge in the room. NOT a good value and would not recommend to others.

The bed was comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

I wish the $10 parking was just included in the rate- or better yet = free!

I booked this property for the first time based on location and reasonable rate. All it took was one visit to know this will forever be my "go to" property for this area. This location has top notch staff - with each visit their customer service seals the deal. Special praise to the awesome ladies at the front desk and their never ending smiles. Thank you for taking the time to make guests feel welcome and special!

• Traditional King Room

The staff at the front desk. The lady who checked me in was very sarcastic and couldn't explain how to get in and out of the parking area. The housekeepers knocked on our room door at three different times the morning of check out even though we have asked them to stop.

The property was clean

• Traditional King Room

Younger female bar assistant needs more training with customer service.

Bed incredibly comfortable. Male Bar Manager and older female bar assistant were exceptional.

• Traditional King Room

Not much not to like. That the coffee in the lobby wasn't there all day.

I loved the friendly helpful staff and the shuttle to the medical center.

• Traditional King Room

There was a mistake in breakfast room service so I didn't get one of the two plates I ordered. I got a refund, but it was a big inconvenience to go through in the morning before flight. I paid in cash at the moment of checking out, but I was double charged on my credit card even though I made it clear when I checked in that they would cancel it. I will have to call and fix it which is also a big hassle.

Bed was very comfortable. Had a good sleep. Breakfast omelette was delicious.

• Traditional King Room

Breakfast pricey but too convenient to skip

Breakfast buffet was good. Basic but high quality eggs bacon sausage French toast potato and biscuits gravy. Bar area at night was comfortable with good beer selection on tap

• Traditional King Room

The $10 charge for parking seems petty. There was plenty of off-site parking and anyone could have used the lot since there was not gate security. While the room was very roomy and comfortable, the AC was unusually loud, rattling the walls.

Excellent, centrally located hotel. Nicely appointed and easy parking. Staff friendly and rooms spacious

• Traditional King Room

My room flooded twice, after Asking to be moved to a different room they said they fixed the problem but that actually didn't and when I came back to my room to take a shower it flooded again but this time going into the bedroom , the cleaning crew came and Made the bed and left all the trash everywhere in the room, when I asked for somebody to come pick it up nobody came so I had to get all the trash and put it out by the door and still nobody came. When I went downstairs the staff was nice to me but the room that I was moved into the ac did not work ! I was very happy to leave that place .

If it wasn't for the staff I would rate this hotel a 1 . I didn't enjoy my stay not one bit !