Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport 4 stars

4101A Island Ave, Philadelphia, 19153, USA

#60 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Ok for a couple of nights just at the start or end of your stay
    • Traditional King Room

Rooms are a bit dated, wouldn't want to spend any longer than i had to do there but ideal for an overnight stay

good location for the airport, free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

Served its purpose for an unexpected layover
    • Traditional King Room

Cleanliness in the bathroom was average- the shower curtain had stains on it.

The room, and hotel as a whole seemed like it was recently updated. Bed was very comfortable, and the staff was pleasant. I didn't have much time to take advantage of the facilities.

The friendly people at the reception and the clean room.
    • Traditional King Room

The dirty entrance , elevators , halls . The airconditiong in the room is way too loud and the walls are paper thin, it was hard to sleep through the nights as there was a noise outside all the time.

The friendly people at the reception and the clean room.

Ok not worth the price I paid
    • Traditional King Room

Room very small for pricing and the shuttle was late, and the shuttle driver over worked on ups pilot runs , we had to drop 4 pilots off first before we could be dropped off, and from what I understand this was shuttle drivers second trip to drop off ups pilots that’s why late for us .

Proximity to airport
    • Traditional Double Room

Extremely noisy outdated rooms - appeared to have not been updated since 1980s - a/c unit sounded like a tractor engine going all night -beds & pillows uncomfortable - can’t wing a cat in the bathroom & who puts a sink in the bedroom??!! Terrible quality for the price charged !

Proximity to airport

Location close to the airport is nice.
    • Traditional King Room

The shower was not enclosed. So after taking a shower, the bathroom was covered in standing water and unusable.

Location close to the airport is nice. Overall decent value for the cost.

This is barely a 2 star hotel.
    • Traditional Double Room

This place is dirty: halls, elevators, and room floors. I checked in after midnight. The clerk was not keen to be there and there were more folks to check in. I got to the room and went to the shower - almost NO water at all - controls were in disrepair. I realized I had not locked to deadbolt to the room. Well the deadbolt was NOT functional. Of course - it is too late in the process and the hour of the day to change room. During the check in process, I asked for a quiet room (also noted in my reservation). I was given an adjoining with guests in it - not quiet ones either. Being tired I didn't notice that until I got into the bed. At check out - I spoke to the desk person and reviewed my issues as nicely as I could. Clerk: "I am sorry, I can't refund any of your monies since you used a third party booking company!" The clerk was very pleasant. She and the shuttle driver were the only aspect worthwhile of a 5 - even though she couldn't refund me any monies.

The day clerk and the shuttle driver.

Dissatisified will not choose or recommend this place
    • Traditional King Room

Location No indoor pool had to walk across the lot in 60°F weather to the ALoft Paid parking- who does that? Shower sucked Shampoo and conditioner not refilled

Good pillows

Wouldn’t stay here again and wouldn’t recommend.
    • Traditional Double Room

We booked our room online for four nights. Due to plane issues we were a day late arriving. Since we had booked online we had to pay for all four days. Not our fault and not the hotels fault but no comps were offered. They just said there was nothing they could do. There is also a charge of $12.00 a day for parking. No free breakfast. The furnace was loud.

It was close to Citizens Bank Park and the airport.

I would stay here again but on someone else's dime.
    • Traditional Double Room

Paying for parking and other fees were off-putting.

The bed was comfortable. And I was able to do something I hadn't done in quite a while....bathe in a tub instead of showering!

Nothing Special
    • Traditional King Room

The hotel was pricy and there was nothing that warranted it. I was told over the phone that breakfast would be $10.00 per person at the restaurant and when I arrived, I was told that was not accurate. Breakfast was ala carte. In addition, there was a nightly fee of $14.00 to park your car in the hotel's parking lot. The room was fair. It was not especially clean or roomy and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. I ended up paying $419 for two nights. The hotel was definitely overpriced and not worth what I paid.

Honestly, there was nothing special about this property. I was happy there were no bugs in the room.

Very Happy with my choice to stay at your establishment and I will most certainly stay again!
    • Traditional King Room

The rooms as a bit narrow for two people to move around and there isnt a lot of bathroom counter space . Also, I didn't like the soap/shampoo/conditioner in the dispensers as they smelled like men's cologne so I didnt use them...fortunately I also brought my own this time so it was fine!

Beds were so comfortable-absolutely fantastic! The Staff was super friendly and the entire Place spelled good!Towels were very thick and clean and plentiful! Loved the coffee/ tea maker too

Lipstick
    • Traditional King Room

Bright Orange Lipstick on Top sheet☹️ I should have complained at front desk . I just want stay there again. Sorry

The bed was very comfortable except the top sheet had bright Orange Lipstick on it . Very disappointed Seeing that. I didn’t have time to complain to front desk.

Really friendly people , always greet you with smiling face.
    • Traditional King Room

Really friendly people , always greet you with smiling face. Perfect location, and they offer free shuttle bus every 20mins. Room is big and with a big window of view. Pillows and bed are super comfy

Really good value for money
    • Traditional King Room

Front desk staff is extremely nice - day or night shift. Hotel is very clean. Numerous outlets in bedrooms. I stayed there twice within a week due to a trip overseas. Both stays were great. I paid way more for fancier hotels and did not get necessarily a clean room or such a friendly and professional staff. Value for money is really good.

Wasn't worth it.
    • Traditional King Room

The size of the room. Thin walls. You could hear everything. My tv didn't work for entire day I was forced to buy movies. Bathroom too small. Very outdated

The bed

Front Desk Staff Very Accommodating
    • Traditional King Room

Our bathroom door didn't stay open on it's own, which was a small inconvenience, but proved to be a little cumbersome when trying to get ready for the night out. Our room was directly across from the staff elevator and if we had stayed more than a night I could see how the noise could be a drawback.

We were not able to make it on our original date because of the snow storm, but the front desk staff were more than accommodating and switched the dates for us. The full length mirror was also a plus. I also saw rooms specifically dedicated to guests with hearing impairments with a doorbell, which we had never seen before; very cool.

Good for a 1 night stay.
    • Traditional Double Room

The room had very narrow passages, a tight fit for the able-bodied but impossible for people with disabilities. The bed partially blocked the room entrance. Very tight! Noisy heater kept turning on every 20 minutes. Tough to sleep. Staff said that the heater would be reported and fixed.

The room was the cleanest that we ever stayed in. The beds were comfortable. The man who ran the morning breakfast buffet was really speedy, kind, friendly, and excellent! Big flat-screen TV. Very helpful friendly, helpful staff.

Will not book here again
    • Traditional King Room

Nydja Valentine would not extend to me a late check out and was not professional about it or accommodating in any type of way. My blood sugars had dropped significantly and the property did not have suitable snacks to aid me. I was disappointed that I did not have the extra time to gather my health issues

Great friendly staff and comfortable beds. Shuttle to the airport is 3x per hour 24/7
    • Traditional Double Room

Although getting a shuttle to the airport was a breeze. Finding one to go home was difficult. I waited for nearly an hour without seeing a single shuttle from my the hotel group come by the arrival area.

The beds were comfortable and the staff was wonderful

location.
    • Traditional King Room

Checkin was a nightmare. A problem with it took an extraordinary amount of time to resolve and the employee acted like we were lying to him and not at civil. Like we were taking up his time. We were on the verge of walking out but were exhausted from travel.

location. Easy access to South Philadelphia.

Front desk was kind and fast.
    • Traditional King Room

Front desk was kind and fast. We stay during the winter storm of January 2018 and they were really help full. We order room service for breakfast and was really good. They do not serve food until 5:00 PM so we had to skip lunch. We could not get out of the hotel because of the weather. But we manage it with some snacks.

Convenient location if you have a car
    • Traditional King Room

Location is not too far from downtown. Parking is $10. Staff were friendly and accommodating. I was able to get a fridge brought to the room. Room was simple and clean. Some construction going on around the building, but no noise while sleeping.

A great place to stay for the value
    • Traditional King Room

My wife and I did not like the fact the room did not come with a microwave or mini refrigerator.if we are going to a hotel those should come mandatory with every room. The pillows in our room were not the best quality. They were like bed sheets stuffed into a pillow case. We werent expecting memory fowm pillows, but something a little better would have been nice. We went to Wal-Mart and got a pair.

Our overall stay at the four points was okay. The faculty was clean. Their staff were very friendly and parking on location was a huge help. I would recommend staying here.

I was in town from Florida for a family funeral.
    • Traditional Double Room

Being charged to park when I was a guest staying there. It was never mentioned until I checked out then it was added to my bill.

Room was very comfortable and I loved the large desk area

very friendly personal - they borrowed me an adapter for my...

bad internet...

very friendly personal - they borrowed me an adapter for my charger without charge and extension of my stay by 3 h without charge as well

Nice stay , don’t plan on breakfast being cheap or quick.
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast offered at hotel had only one server and was a long wait . We actually left because it was too long . Should have a buffet or at least offer a alternative instead of 14 dollar pancakes

Late check out and bathroom for handicap

It was ok. Actually disappointing. anything you can do?

Value for money. Worked out expensive. Had to pay for car park and we only wanted cereals and milk for kids and that was extra. Breakfast should have been included. It was not made clear to us that the credit card used on arrival as security would be used against accommodation cost hence we ended up paying on sterling card as opposed our dollar cash card which caused extra unwanted expenditure.

The use of the indoor pool facility at neighbor hotel. The Loft

This hotel is excellent and worth the extra money if you want a comfortable room near the airport.
    • Traditional King Room

The hallways were extremely humid and smelled musty. Also, there are a pair of elevators in the lobby but we tried taking another elevator we found at the end of the hallway which took us into the kitchen (or maybe just the staff area) of the hotel which was strange because there weren’t any signs or indications that it was an employee elevator.

The room service took about 20 minites which was perfect because we were starving. The bed felt brand new and overall, the room was clean. Every staff member I encountered was friendly, charasmatic, and accommodating.

The front desk staff was very personable and helpful.
    • Traditional King Room

Unfortunately, I didn't like the location of our room due to the closeness of the road. The cars and motorcycles were very loud which made it difficult to sleep. Also, I thought the air conditioner was rather loud.

The front desk staff was very personable and helpful. Thank you Tamara for correcting our bill. They greeted us every time we entered. It was a pleasure to stay at your hotel for the first time.

Everything was perfect except the shuttle driver
    • Traditional King Room

The driver of the shuttle was rude to me. I didn't like the way he treated me or the way he looked at me. He helped me with my bags, but it was like he didn't want to. Even when I thanked him twice , he just ignored me!

The staff members were so much helpful and nice except the shuttle driver.

The staff was super helpful and very nice.
    • Traditional Double Room

Room was a little small. No fridge. Service in the restaurant was terrible.

The staff was super helpful and very nice. Beds were really comfortable. Free wifi.

Scary stay.
    • Traditional Double Room

Being stuck in the elevator was terrifying. The pool was dirty and over crowded. There was a loose light with the wire exposed sitting on the pool deck.

Very comfortable beds, pet friendly.

we had a room with an adjoining door.
    • Traditional Double Room

we had a room with an adjoining door.. The woman in the next room was on the phone, we could clearly hear every word of her conversation. Quite annoying. Vent in the bathroom was filthy.

Convenient Location

Noice from the adjoining room, The noise from the Air-Conditioning

The Pillows were comfy!!! - Very Convenient location - Parking was included and was easy access

Decent deal.

No complaints.

I really have no complaints. It was decent - especially for the $. Getting in and out of the parking lot was more difficult than it had to be since I had to swipe ur card and use a ticket system with each exit and entrance. It was clean. Bar was decent. Pool was decent. Staff were friendly.

Great for the buck
    • Traditional King Room

The only thing was the A/C was making this loud boom sound . I kept waking up thinking someone was entering the room.

The staff was friendly and in the area we needed to be in.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great hotel and awesome staff!
    • Traditional King Room

We were there to see a concert and the hotel was a good value and 3 mins from venue. We were greeted with a smile from a very awesome staff member who gave us some very valuable advice on traffic and transportation to and from the show. The room was clean, the bed/bedding was super comfortable and hotel was quiet. Parking is onsite and very convenient. I would stay here again. The entire staff was very helpful and treated us well. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Close to the airport
    • Traditional King Room

Requested a room on the upper floor, and was told they didn't have any due to renovations. I wasn't convinced that was the case, so upon leaving the following morning I asked if they were doing renovations on the upper floors, and interestingly enough was told NO they were not doing renovations....!

Close to the airport and they have a free shuttle.

Harassment of waiter
    • Traditional King Room

I stayed in this hotel for one night in April 14, 2017. In the following morning while I was having breakfast with my mother, a waiter behavior totally disrespectful towards me. He noticed we were not American and asked where we were from. When I said we were from Brazil, he asked how many hours does it take to go to my country. Then he awkwardly said: I want to visit Brazil and marry you. I got embarrassed, and said I was already married. (Indeed my husband had left the table just minutes before). So, he said: then I'll marry one sister or one girlfriend of yours. I felt completely ashamed and insulted. This kind of behavior is not acceptable anywhere. Especially in a work place. I don't know his name, but he seems to be an African American in his 40s. I hope his management show him that is not ok to harass any woman.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

I was given supposedly wrong information when I emailed the...
    • Traditional Double Room

I was given supposedly wrong information when I emailed the question if parking was included in my rate. I was told it was. For the price of the hotel I think your parking should be included in that rate and not be an extra charge. It took me to talk to two different front desk clerks to get this corrected which was very frustrating. I travel a couple times a year and fly out of Philadelphia. I always pick this hotel to stay at and until this last time had a great experience. This last time was frustrating for me. Thank you!

Comfortable stay.
    • Traditional King Room

My stay was really nice, the staff was very nice and helpful. I went to Phila for a quick visit to check on my Aunt, I arrived a day early and the night shift manager was very helpful. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Not a bad place, could use some building maintenence.
    • Traditional Double Room

There were some area's that paint was pealing in the hallway ceiling and poor patchwork on the wallpaper also in the hallway on the third floor.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Rude front desk staff
    • Traditional King Room

The front desk staff are the rudest, their mannerisms is just not call for to serve that position, overall my experience there was just the worst ever, I regret why I booked that hotel!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Drab hotel, with bland restaurant and bar. Hallways reminded me of a hospital
    • Traditional King Room

Hotel bar and restaurant were poorly decorated. Lighting was harsh and neither was very applying. Not conducive to an even short stay.

Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Traditional Double Room

I stayed at another hotel on my way to Europe. It also was in Philly. I had to call several times after being put on hold. The rooms were disgusting and the service was terrible. Even the shuttle bus guy cursed me when I asked for simple directions. I was Leary about booking another hotel in Philly. But, the pictures on your website sold me. The young man that picked me up from the airport was very respectable. And handled my luggage carefully. The staff at four points were friendly, gracious, helpful and very cheerful. The hotel itself was above and beyond my expectations. Right down to my complimentary tooth brush I was impressed. The nice gentleman that took me to the airport not only greeted me with a genuine smile. But, also had manners that the other hotel could take a lesson from. He was very pleasant and even took time out to listen to my troubles and concerns I had experienced the night before at the airport. Thank you from the bottom of my heartt for making me feel better. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Close to airport, nice room.
    • Traditional Double Room

Terrible service at the restaurant. Bartender was great, but first the waitress told us there was no kids menu, then the bar didn't have vermouth. Both was incorrect. Then she never checked on us.

Nice room. Close to the airport

Mediocre

Had to pay $12 for parkung everytime u enter for two hrs or more n leave

The beds were comfy cozy

Bed is comfy , has an outdoor pool
    • Traditional King Room

Rome is small, breakfast and parking not included within price

Bed is comfy , has an outdoor pool

Was more than I usually spent. But I did expect a
    • Traditional King Room

We had to ask for more towels. Only gave us 2 bath 2 hand and 1 wash cloth. Restaurant and bar only open til 11:00.

Room was nice and was clean

The parking

The parking

Close to the airport.
    • Traditional Double Room

Close to the airport. The room is big and clean, and also quiet.

All staff reached out with a smile and sIs hello or asked if...
    • Traditional Double Room

All staff reached out with a smile and sIs hello or asked if I needed anything

breakfast was awful and expensive too!
    • Traditional King Room

breakfast was awful and expensive too!

The staff was excellent, especially the lady that checked me...
    • Traditional King Room

The staff was excellent, especially the lady that checked me in. She went out of her way to make sure all my needs were taken care of.

Wonderful stay
    • Traditional King Room

Staff customer service was excellent

The price was more than booking at the hotel

The price was more than booking at the hotel

No frills place but good value for money
    • Traditional King Room

Had to wait for check in

Easy access Friendly staff Quickly served and good breakfast

Very pleasant stay at a lovely hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Parking is extra which I was not a fan of.

I loved the location and the homeiness of the room!

Beautiful money well spent ... thank you for the stay

I loved everything

Cleanliness and pleasant

I wil Be Back
    • Traditional King Room

It was nothing not to like

My stay was very happy

Everything was fine

The Bed is fabulous

Overall good stay with a very minor and I mean minor flaw. I would definitely stay again.
    • Traditional King Room

I didn’t care for the linens.

I liked the location of the hotel, the friendly staff and the comfortable beds.

Great!
    • Traditional King Room

Staff was friendly and room was really large

Philly 4 Points Sheraton stay
    • Traditional Double Room

The security gate had all types of issues.

It was pretty clean.

Good standard and value for money

Beds were great

Nice comfortable hotel

It was comfortable

Da pool

Da bed

Sleek and modern design.
    • Traditional King Room

Sleek and modern design. Loved toiletry dispensers in the shower.

It was great!
    • Traditional King Room

The hallways were stark and uninviting.

Comfy bed.
    • Traditional King Room

Comfy bed....refrigerator in room...friendly staff....early check in....perfect location

Great experience will stay again
    • Traditional King Room

The staff were great , rooms were clean overall i was very impressed

Good

Air conditionig very noisy

Bed confirt Food

Disappointing! Do not recommend!
    • Traditional Double Room

Air conditioning noisy. Very old building with walls in walkway cracking and very old shower that does not have much pressure.

awesome experience

Didn’t eat there

Good free coffee.
    • Traditional Double Room

Under construction. Sheets were rough.

Good free coffee.