Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton - Pleasanton 3 stars

5115 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Pleasanton

First time here

No couch in room. Hotel has no room service, instead you order then go pick the food up yourself. Prices in the restaurant are very high. Food is average. My room was a king room with balcony. 163.00 a night. You be the judge.

The bed was comfortable, room was clean, quiet and bathrooms amenities were nice.

Great, relaxing hotel in Bay Area!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Thought free breakfast was included but it was not. Otherwise all great!

Loved pool area and pretty courtyard to walk through! Nice rooms, comfy beds. Would come again!

Grounds are beautiful. Room was spacious. Would definitely come again when visiting UC Berkeley
    • Traditional King Room

Bathroom shampoo and soap not filled. Shower curtain had paint or old mold spots. My bed was soft so I slept with my head at the bottom of the bed. No elevators.

Grounds are beautiful and room was spacious. Hotel seemed clean, quiet, and had ample parking during our visit. Would definitely come again. The Pleasanton/Dublin area is a little congested, but many restaurants in the area to choose. The restaurant on the grounds looked nice. The pool was inviting although we didn't have time to use it. The ground floor rooms facing the courtyard had cute little patios.

Very much accommodating
    • Traditional King Room

I think the hotel should be turned in too a resorts.

The room was clean.and love the lake and the pool area was nice.the people working the front desk was very nice and accommodateing.

Disappointed with this Sheraton property...room was old and dated.
    • Traditional King Room

Although the room was very spacious, it was old and didn't feel welcoming. Was great that there was a small refrigerator, but since there was only one outlet, I had to move the coffee pot to a different area in order to plug it up. There was no safe in the room. It was too inconvenient to go to the front desk to use the safe, especially in the middle of the night.

The bed was very comfortable and fluffy.

Always good to stay there if needing to visit Pleasanton.
    • Traditional King Room

Lamb kebab was awful - didn't taste like Lamb at all. French toast from wholemeal bread was not a winner either.

Bed was nice and comfy. Bar was not too noisy and staff were friendly.

Overall a pleasant stay despite the hiccup at check-in.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Arrived late at night and the front desk was not able to locate my reservation. Waited for an hour. I had to contact Booking.com

Spacious room (2 Queen). Free coffee in room, refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Overall, my stay was very pleasant. Nice area
    • Traditional King Room

No elevators to second floor. I don't travel light. Had some luggage that was a bit heavy and would have liked an elevator. Took me awhile to climb the stairs and I have hip problems.

Location to where my business is located was great. Very quiet area.

Poor
    • King Room with Pool View

The receptionist was not very helpful. I had booked a room online for 3 adults. I would think the room would have provisions for sleeping 3. Upon arrival room only had the queen bed and we we're told very rudely by a member of staff that we would have to pay extra for a fold away bed. I don't get why provisions for 3 we're not made and why I would need to pay extra. The extra charge should at least have been taken at time of booking.member of staff was not accommodating at all.

Clean

I thought my day was amazing
    • Traditional King Room

I think the after pressure on the shower could have been a little better and maybe some better shampoo and body wash.

I liked the bed, and I loved the variety of channels on the tv. The quality of the room was amazing and was great for the price of the hotel.

Nice and quiet hotel
    • Traditional King Room

I would have liked to have breakfast included in the rate, as hey have a good restaurant as part of the hotel. Also the location is rather poor in activities, but very nice and quiet.

The overall experience was very good. I only spent a weekend at this hotel and I was on a business trip. Rooms are ok, staff is ok. They have a great inner courtyard with very nice landscape and a decent size swimming pool.

Won't stay there again

Noisy landscaping starting at 7:40a and lasting to well over four hours. Very nerve wracking

The breakfast was over but the kitchen staff said they would cook our breakfast and they did

Easy access and comfortable lodging close to my destination.
    • Traditional King Room

The property and room were clean in general. Just a bit of long dark hair on the bathroom floor when I arrived - mine is short and brown. Other than that, things were clean and prepared nicely.

The bed was very comfortable and offered a variety of pillow types - soft to medium - for me to choose from. Plenty of towels and shampoo, soap, etc. in dispensers in the shower. No fumbling around to find the little packet or bottle and remember which was which without my glasses. There are multiple charging points around the room for all my electronic devices. And it was quiet...not much street noise. I also liked that I could open the door and sit on the balcony, but could secure the slider at bedtime so I felt safe.

The hotel said they did not receive the booking.

The hotel said they did not receive the booking.com reservation. Therefore we have to wait too long (45min) for checking-in. This was a huge disappointment after a long flight.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

Didn't care for room location, too far to walk to lobby. We drove all night and got there at 6:00 am hoping to get into our room. Was told by staff that it would be 3-4 hours for our room. Very tired and grumpy we walked the Fair grounds until 10:30 then called and they had a room.

Bed was comfortable. Room was quite. Liked the Shuttle Service

Adequate

There was a party on a patio directly underneath our room. It was way too loud for past 11:00 p.m. Had to call the desk twice to ask that the noise be kept down. Locating a patio for a banquet room directly outside of a number of sleeping rooms is very problematic.

Bed was comfortable. Room was nice size and very clean.

Recommended hotel
    • Traditional King Room

No lift to upper floor, so have to carry your luggage up the staircase.

Location is abit far from downtown but very close to premium outlet. Resort feel with big rooms and large bed. 24/7 gym room. Overall highly recommended.

It shows 3 starts but it is definitely worth 4 stars.

The book was failed when I got the front desk. I had to call booking.com for the confirmation. However it is solved perfectly, it was not felt very well when the assistant showed an awkward face like it was my mistake.

It shows 3 starts but it is definitely worth 4 stars. Quiet town, nice people and perfect environment. Love it so much.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Consistently Excellent.
    • King Room with Pool View

Four Points Pleasanton has always provided me with top notch service, facilities and value...no exceptions yesterday. Hotel management and staff consistently deliver a level of service that not only meets, but more often than not, exceeds Starwood's distinguished standards.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

If not for the room next to me being loud with arguments and fighting it would of been good 😢
    • King Room with Pool View

Saturday nite the next room was very noisy until 4am and front desk did nothing about it 😩 I had a important meeting on Sunday and was very tired because of lack of sleep.

Bed and room was great

The shower was lukewarm, when I complained about it the next...
    • Traditional Queen Room

The shower was lukewarm, when I complained about it the next day was better, but last morning back to lukewarm. Had it on full blast hot and still did not get hot. Most people don't like to shiver in the shower.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

This is a , great, place to pamper yourself.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Fluorescent lighting awful. Noise-fan in bathroom horrific. Kept light on , the only non-fluorescent light at the entrance. There were 2 switches; did not figure out one.

The place exudes beauty and tranquility. Superb bed. Jacuzzi set the tone for absolute relaxation.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Over priced nice motel, not a hotel...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Way over priced for the room and lack of pool and hotub usage. Hottub wasn't even "warm" let alone hot.

Good wayer pressure in the shower

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Wonderful bed.
    • Traditional King Room

Only met one staff member, front desk. I arrived late, not very available. No bell it get attention.

Wonderful bed. Large size of room. Water feature relaxing.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Won't stay here again - Not worth the price of the room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Being placed in a handicap accessible room when not asked. Shower head was too low. Also dirty washclothes left in shower from person before me. One of lights out in bathroom so lighting was very dim. Stain on bed skirt of one of beds. Rooms look run down and not well-maintained. Walls are also very thin and had to listen to man blowing his nose all night next door. Bad value for a room that cost $174/nt.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very pleased with the hotel, and will definitly stay again.

update the gym, and extend restaurant and bar hours.

Water fountains were very pleasant to listen to and to see. Location was great, and the facility, and rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Enough pillows per bed.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Fridge was not clean & had odor. Bugs on walls & ceiling in bathroom. Mildew around tub. Stains on tub, walls & toilet. Dust all around.

Enough pillows per bed. Shower curtain.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Overall a good stay, we will come again!

Sitting in the Bar Area ordering wine watching the help go a minimum of 15-20 times Empty Handed by 3 dirty tables without picking up The Manager needs to train the Help better Also the front person asked repeadetly What time on the morning would we leave ( there is a heck out time)

The Bedding was very very comfortable The employees very friendlly

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Really Over Priced!

The room was really over priced. It was a decent room but ridiculously expensive. There was a "free beer" happy hour, which I am guessing is built into the cost of the room, but I don't know anyone drinking $100 worth of beer a night. I've had bigger, nicer rooms, that were significantly at Best Westerns. If I was paying for this myself, I would not stay here.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Awesome staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I did NOT like that I booked the reservations MONTHS in advance with specific details that were NOT forwarded to the Front Desk. I believe that was the fault of the booking agency and not the hotel itself. Oh! And we didn't have a coffee pot in our room. Two mornings without coffee...grrrrr.

The front desk staff was awesome! They were not only friendly but very helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

There's always a little snag.
    • Traditional King Room

I stayed from Sat - Wed night. I had to replace my key card twice. I am 80 years young and was on the second floor. This really put me out - re: key card!

The "room" help were very polite and helpful. The restaurant employees were also polite and attentive.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Good deal for the price..
    • Traditional Queen Room

Very convenient to freeway. Plenty of parking and we had no complaints on a one night stay and we will stay here again on our next stay in the area.

An Island Oasis in the Middle of a City
    • King Room - Disability Access

There is a lot of smoking in the outside areas. There were days I could not use my balcony because the two adjacent guests were smoking on their balconies. People were smoking on the benches in the garden. It was disappointing.

The huge courtyard-style garden area with very large swimming pool is beautiful. It is an island oasis in the middle of a city. The staff is exceptionally accommodating and friendly and kind.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

I liked it"N
    • Traditional Queen Room

Bed seemed a bit outdated in comparison to my other stays here. They have changed their hair care and bath products since the last time I was here and the fragrance was very manly versus the citrus fragrance they had formerly. Was surprised room had no frig or microwave. Didn't get my "green room" coupons every night like I was supposed to.

Central location, friendly staff, comfortable room

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Dont stay here!!

9 day stay for a wedding and family festivities and was expecting a lot more from a Sheraton!! I booked two rooms for my husband and myself and a room for my daughter and her children. I called a few days before our arrival to ask if we could be by the pool and have adjoining rooms so we could help with the children. She assured me she wrote it all down and the notes were under my name. When we arrived there were no notes, and we weren't in adjoining rooms! I was angry and they were finally able to find us adjoining rooms but we were not by the pool. Twice during the stay when we came home late at the end of the day our rooms had not been clean and we had to call for clean towels. Room cleaning was at a minimum. I think our room was only vacuumed 2 times. Our body wash dispenser ran out after the second day and was never refilled. My expensive body soap was thrown out after 3 days. The room is dark and dreary even with the curtains open and every light on. Oh, speaking of the pool, the kids swam in it once then it was shut down until the last day of our stay!!! There are no elevators in the hotel and we had to lug everything up and down outside concrete stairs. Last month I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot not far from the Four Points. It is by far a superior hotel and I highly recommend you stay there if you have a choice. I know that's where I will be staying from now on, and the price is comparable. The beds are more comfortable and the towels are softer, they have elevators, the rooms are light and bright,and very clean rooms!!! The ONLY positive thing to say about our stay at the Four Points is that Corrine at the front desk was extremely professional and kind. Don't stay here people!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Overpriced and lacking amenities. Average military billets much better.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

No Refrigerator No Microwave No Elevator No Complimentary Breakfast Overpriced for the average traveler No refunds upon cancellation-is that legal?

Pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Location is good.
    • Traditional King Room

The lady checking me in was trying to answer 4 phone calls alone, plus deal with me. She was not very friendly. I am 66 and was traveling alone yet she put me in a faraway wing of the hotel, upstairs, with no elevator. I had to lug a heavy suitcase up outside concrete stairs. I checked in early, but did not actually go to my room until after midnight and by then I was to tired to go back to the front desk and change rooms. The room is not very well lit, very dim lights, and the towels were scratchy.

Location is good. Bed was comfortable. Hotel is older and just ok.

Nice place to stay with family, very fine pool.

no brekfast

Very great place. nice room, very clean.

Fine stay in Pleasanton.

No refrigerator.

Clean

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Highly recommended.
    • Traditional King Room

Location, on site restaurant, and comfortable bed

Good hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Large, comfortable room & very clean. Would stay here again.

Great place to stay.

Very nice place.

Bed comfort

Wil come back, very pleasant stay

Hot tub was closed

Hotel was clean, friendly staff, nice rooms. Comfortable beds.

good stay for what was required
    • Traditional King Room

location of hotel wasn't in walking distance to shops or other restaurants

parking close to room

No elevator

King size bed. The balcony

I will not return due to the noise level
    • Traditional King Room

A dog was constantly barking in the hallway and loud steps (stomping)above me

cleanliness

Excellent and comfortable
    • Traditional Queen Room

A little noise it, I was wake up by other room's doors being slam

Excellent hotel, superb clean and comfortable

I really recommend this place. It’s quiet, clean and friendly.
    • Traditional King Room

the front desk ladie was very friendly and gave me impresión that she really enjoy her job. Very clean room.

No appropriate value for the money spent.

Sanitary for this price level very questionable. Breakfast variaty poor

Location is central and quiet. Breakfast quality OK

Decent stay
    • Traditional King Room

The room amenities are a bit outdated, the mattress and the bathroom needs reno

Huge property with pool and spa, friendly staff

Would stay again for

Excellent bed

Easy access.
    • Traditional King Room

Easy access. Just stayed to be close to the airport

Absolutely awesome!!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was all good!!!!

Sooooo close to the best shopping malll outlet ever!!!!

Very clean nice rooms and the grounds were very well...
    • Traditional King Room

Very clean nice rooms and the grounds were very well landscaped.

very quiet.
    • Traditional King Room

very quiet. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no elevator and I had lots of luggage. Very comfy bed, nice bathroom

Would return.

No elevator.

View from balcony. Quiet room. Quick room service. Excellent food from Faz restaurant.

Facilities and location superb.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View

The fact that we did not find it sooner.

Facilities and location superb.

Place was beautiful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View

Front staff wasn't great!

Place was beautiful

Will continue to come to Four Pointe
    • Traditional King Room

The acommendations, quietness, location and how inexpensive

Nothing special but ok for the price
    • Traditional Queen Room

Thermostat broken and was told could not be repaired until next day. Room too warm

Good bed. Clean room

Peaceful.

Nothing!!!

I love the Creek and sound of the water flowing.

The staff was not willing to help solve problems related to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View

The staff was not willing to help solve problems related to booking issues

I could hear footsteps from the room upstairs.
    • Traditional King Room

I could hear footsteps from the room upstairs. Cleaning ladies were really loud. My check out time was 12pm they came knocking at 10am to clean room.

Pool was great service very good.
    • Traditional King Room

Pool was great service very good. Food took a long time to arrive

Great room service and in room dining.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Someone hid drug paraphernalia on balcony

Great room service and in room dining.

Courtyard and pool
    • Traditional King Room

Front desk staff seemed indifferent. Like they really did not want to be there?

Courtyard and pool

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Nice place!!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room cleaned very late in the day & not restocked with coffee.

Staff was pleasant & professional.

Very Relaxing

The pool area grounds coffee in am

close to the venue we needed to attend
    • Traditional King Room

not a comfy bed or pillows loud cars driving by throughout the day and night

close to the venue we needed to attend

I love four points

I loved everything

The room had lots of space and a patio

Fit what we needed
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Need a starbucks or something. Restaurant was dated

Staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great value for your money.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Just a great place to stay and great value.

Bed feels amazing.
    • Traditional King Room

I couldn't get the wifi to work after first couple times using it.

Bed feels amazing. I didn't want to leave.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Do not stay if you don't look like you have a lot of money
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The stuff looks for hints of whether you are of large family wealth, and doesn't do their basic duties if you are not.

The food was good.