Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Portland East 3 stars

1919 NE 181st Avenue, Portland, OR 97230, USA

#69 of 124 hotels in Portland

smell... the hotel stunk throughout. beds... our beds were not comfortable room wasn't completely cleaned to our expectations

Breakfast is not included, unless you have the mini continental. A real breakfast can be purchased from the attached restaurant. Sad to say they didn't give any discounts for people staying at hotel. The workout facility was small but good enough even though 1 of 2 treadmill didn't work. The pool was only used by my family the 2 days we stayed, which was a nice bonus. The stench coming from the 1st floor bathrooms near the pool was bad. The beds were not comfortable for my back, but otherwise, the room was as is described... small 2 beds, small fridge & microwave.

Parking is way to tight especially with the longer vehicles makes getting in and out tough when the lot is full

The check in staff were amazing and very friendly

When I informed them of the leak in the room they simply said thanks for letting us know - I would think maybe they would offer something for the inconvenience

The only issue in the room was a small water leak in the roof - luckily it was in the corner of the room so it did not interfere with our stay

The walls were a bit thin..given the couple in the next room waking up at 3:30 in the morning. But other than that the place was great.

Great attached restaurant.

• King Room with Spa Bath

This hotel is not in Portland, it is in Gresham. We did not like how thin the walls were, we could hear our next door neighbors all day and night. Every time someone closed a door near ours our door would shake so we would hear the metal latches jiggling. There’s also a 1 inch gap under our door that leads to the hallway. We could hear all conversations going on it the hall. Also for paying so much a night not being able to have some kind of breakfast throw in was pretty disappointing. When we first arrived i had cut myself and not realized it, some of the blood ended up on the bed sheets room service did not remove the sheets which we had pulled off the bed, they just put them back on the bed. I probably would not stay in the most expensive room again. To us it was not worth it.

We love the jacuzzi tub, the tv, the big bed and it’s close to the freeway. The room appeared nice. We loved that the pool is open 24 hours a day. This place is definitely worth it if you have kids due to the pool.

The bed is super comfortable and the room is spacious, clean and neat. I was not expecting a microwave and refrigerator but they have it in the room which is a plus!!

The door locking RFID keys seems to use old technologies and lost unlocking information stored in it when kept near mobile devices for long time. This happened to us once and when we were back to hotel at midnight and keys didn’t worked. We had to seek reception help. Also I would much rather prefer smaller disposable toiletries instead of refills in bathroom.

It was a good deal for the given price and time of the year.

The ratings for this place is too high on Bookings.com. Its only 2 star rating. Also the word 'Sheraton' in the hotel name gave wrong expectations. Very disappointed. Complained about the noise from above but ended up with a sleepless night. Later found 6 people staying in a single room.

Maybe because of location is not in not so good neighbourhood, the hotel doesn't feel as nice. Sound proofing is not the best, we can hear neighbour and upstair when they making loud noise or running around.

Decent room and bed, nice staff. Got free upgrade to suite room.

Check-in was great. It was later that night that made a 180. Around 10 p.m. the room phone rang and my son answered the phone. After hanging up, my son relayed that staff had called to say the guest next door had complained about the t.v. being too loud. So I promptly had him turn down the volume and went back to sleep. Around 11 p.m. my fiancé returned to the room and went to shower and shortly after, the room phone rang again, only this time I answered it. A young lady from the staff called to say the guest next door complained again, only this time he had threatened to come to our room and pound on our door if things didn’t change. I had explained that the volume was reduced to 6 and the kid’s could hardly even hear the t.v. I asked her what else was I supposed to do--turn the t.v. off at that point? I even offered for us to be inconvenienced and moved to another room but she said there was none available (which I found hard to believe). By this time not only was I frustrated, but fearful of the next door guest’s threat. My fiancé came out of the shower and went downstairs to speak with staff. He returned to the room and said the young lady told him she actually investigated his complaint by walking up to our room and stood outside our door to listen to how loud the t.v. was; said she couldn’t hear anything after his first complaint, however due to hotel policy, they had to call us and honor his complaint. We were perplexed why she would call us a second time if she knew that his complaint wasn’t valid after witnessing it herself. After my fiancé returned from a meeting in the morning, he went to the front desk to discuss staying another night and was hoping to find some type of empathy or reprieve from the night before. Instead, he was faced with a very rude, condescending and combative woman on staff.

The hotel itself, including the rooms were updated, clean and roomy.

Couldn't check in until 4pm because rooms were not ready. Lobby bathrooms were filthy. Bandaid in the hot tub. No coffee filters in room and no ice on second floor.

Rooms looked nice.

Location, location, location. Expensive and inconvenient transportation to downtown and from the airport. A car is a must. Area was run down.

The breakfast in the connected restaurant (not included) was excellent and healthy.

The freeway was noisy, however we turned on the fans to drown it out. It wasn't a deal breaker, just an FYI for any "light sleepers."

The room was spacious, just what we needed after a long day at the ocean.

No towels were in the pool area. The front desk was often left unattended.

Rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. Pool is 24 hours. Close to restaurants and other attractions. Check out is noon.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I was told they had a report of weed being smoked in my room not . I was in town with my family and have never smoked anything in life. When I asked the attendant how was it reported she stated a hall monitor or another guest. I told her they gave you the wrong room number and this was BS. I haven't gotten my final bill yet but if there is an extra fee at all we will have a problem. I'd rather them raise there prices then to make up bogus charges. The hotel staff was not up to par with the hotel at all

Location and price clean rooms nice restaurant staff

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

I did not like that they did not even attempt to deice the parking lot, knowing very well we were having a winter storm. I was FURIOUS about this fact! I feel for what I paid for the room, the least you could do is make sure the parking lot was safe and not an ice rink! I about slipped and fell as I stepped out of the hotel doors! I felt they were Very irresponsible knowing full well there was a winter storm upon us! I also did not like that there were no convenient plug ins near the bed side tables and I had to plug my phone in across the room from me, which was in convenient . I also did not like that the shampoo smelled like mens Cologne. I am highly sensitive to smells and it gave me a huge headache the rest of the day. There should have been a mild smell or no smell products available. I also did not like that the room was freezing cold when I entered. It took awhile for it to warm up.

I liked the room in general. Nice space. Plenty of pillows. Clean and tidy. I also liked that they were a non smoking hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Said it included breakfast and it didn't.Which they had a long sink to do makeup in restrooms.

Nice indoor pool with hottub. Very large rooms. options to buy movies still in theaters. Excellent location for restaurants. Very nice feel to it. Bar/ Restaurant attached. nice toiletries. Shampoo and conditioner despensor.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

No continental breakfast, whirlpool was not working, and the walls/floors did not muffle sound from guests upstairs.

The lobby was very nice and spacious, with free coffee/hot chocolate and free newspapers. The computer/printer station allowed us to check-in for our upcoming flight.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The beds were the worst beds I have ever slept on. Sleeping on the floor might have been better. The hallway to our room passed the main laundry room, the pool and the gym. It was a weird awful smell of bleach, mildew and body odors everytime we walked down the hall.

There was enough hot water that I was able to give our 2 younger kids a bath each, our teenager took of course the longest shower ever and my husband and I still were able to each take a 10 min. Shower with hot water! The room was a decent size suite for a family of 5 with a king size bed and a pull out bed.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Staff at the front desk were kind of stele, but good

The bed was amazing nice and comfy... Good am out of bedding, love the soap dispensers in the shower excellent idea

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Superior King Room

The hot tub was broken, was almost no sound proofing between floors, if you are planning on sleeping in get a room on the top floor. Every morning people getting up and the maids sounded like construction was going on above us. Seriously, so loud! Also, when I booked it said breakfast was included. I knew we weren't getting up early (at least we hadn't planned to) but there was no mention of this at the desk. Like I said, it wasn't an issue for us, but every other place I've ever stayed at gives you vouchers at check-in. You shouldn't have to ask. And they put a $50 hold on my card on top of the already too high of price. All in all it was okay, but you can do better. It felt like a nice motel at Hampton prices.

The bed and pillows were nice, shower was good.

Comfort and clean

Nothing that I can think of.

Very nice and clean room.

Clean hotel. Friendly staff

We did not try the coffee or croissants during our stay

• Superior King Room

9 am shower was luke warm.

Bed was comfortable. Clean.

Big room & big beds also

Cost, amenities, coffee

Not much, a room is a room. There is an expected level. Cheaply built

Part of town

Clean

Bed was bad, no breakfast. It felt like a motel & not a Sheraton.

Ihop should stay open later

Bed was like a cloud, room was huge, and staff was great!

No complaints.

Having a restaurant connected to hotel.

• Superior Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Nothing I didn't like!

Love the 24 hour pool and hot tub. Wish more hotels had 24 hour.

Loud noise on Sunday morning supposedly from Sunday prayer. Also annoying noise from kids running on the upper floor.

The section to walk pets...no landscape or anything for dogs to use.

Beds were comfy, clean room friendly staff and quiet hotel. We really enjoyed the 24 hr pool!

Youngish guy at front desk was eager to provide info on what to do in the area

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Easy to hear noise from outside.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Rooms were very comfortable. Very spacious.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath

They have double billed me. So now I need to decline one.

Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Great restaurant attached. Quite secure location.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

N/a

Very clean hotel.staff very friendly.good location.kids loved the pool

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The Wifi was awful.

Wonderful staff great bed and awesome breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Overall our stay was comfortable. I expected by the price that it would have been a bit cleaner and updated. Specifically the pool was very dirty at 9am.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Location. Right on the Rail Road. Two trains passed by during 3:30 am - 5:00 am. Staff was not helpful. Did not bother to give Wifi information, did not ask any questions or give any advice. Never said a word or tried to communicate at all. No personal touch. Never asked how was your stay at check-out.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

The spa was broken, and the breakfast wasn't complimentary, nor was the room coffee up to standards. In general, it was fine, but these points were a little disappointing. Overall it was overpriced for what we were receiving.

Loved the location and the space of the room, very open, didn't feel boxed in, etc. We had a fridge and microwave, very near the workout room and pool, on the first floor. Just overall great stay.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Check in took far too long individual checking us in was not knowledgable of the computer system needed assistance.

Room was of good size, bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Breakfast not included. But there is coffee corner.

Free WIFI Free Parking Area is close to Columbia River --fishing places; is also close to Portland.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

I booked our stay through booking.com for 7 people. When we arrived we were given a room with one double bed and a sofa bed. We were told we had to then buy another room as they didn't actually have one for 7 people. The receptionist lied about not having any roll beds available. Took 2-3 hours to speak to manager about getting extra bedding.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Pool was cold and Hot Tub around 104. Pool and hot tub were adjusted on third day. Staff stated bus came every 30 minutes. Reality was 45-50 minutes. Would not have stayed here knowing the bus took that long. No covered place to wait for bus in the pouring rain.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean, staff was nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

We were there for the weekend and had a great time with family. The staff was corporative and friendly. We will surely stay here next time we visit Portland.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Needs fan in the bathroom.

Bed was very comfortable. Nice and clean. Front desk very friendly. Great location.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Rooms and builing very good.

Room and biling

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Nice room & bed

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Advertised to sleep 6 people but only fit 4.

Very clean, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

too expensive for the type of accommodation.

The location is good, a lot of restaurants and bars around.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

The lounge closes at ten.

The beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

If you want pay money in bad hotel choose this hotel

() Real this is bad hotel, not clean and they have bad smelly Is very dirty

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Way too expensive!!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The overall appearance wasn't very clean. The carpets needed to be cleaned. The restaurant to which we received vouchers was ok.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

close to the freeway for easy access to Portland, without the downtown pricese

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

The breakfast was not, only bananas/oranges and coffee

Very nice and clean,quiet,good location

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

The bed.

Pool, Hottub, comforters, breakfast, and service.

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.