Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Salt Lake City Airport 3 stars

200 North Admiral Byrd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, USA

#52 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

Not good, and never again.

Front staff on graveyards were unprofessional at best. More interested in their phones than providing service. If you enjoy loud music playing outside your room beginning at 7 am, the cleaning staff has you covered. The in-room ac/heat is manual everything and keeps you guessing if it will keep working. Bed was sloped to one side, which is not an ideal way to try and sleep. I won't be staying here again unless I can't find another room in Salt Lake.

Rate was inexpensive, breakfast was free, and the alarm clock worked.

The most edible menu selection in the restaurant is chili fries. That gives a good picture overall.

The clerk on staff at 4am was not very helpful. Due to miscommunication I could have missed my flight. Thumbs down.

Regular daytime front desk staff unbelievable! The most accommodating and thoughtful lady. Went above and beyond.

The front desk staff, very nice. The Room, VERY POORLY MAINTAINED. Value from 1 to 10 = 3 maybe 4

* The Room was VERY DARK! All the light bulbs had been replaced with very Low Output Twisted Flourescent bulbs. Even with all the lights (including the bathroom) turned on, it was very dark and gloomy. *The shower curtain rod, was barely hanging on the walls. The center of the rod was literally about 3"-4" lower than the ends that connected to the wall. If touched it would bounce very loosely. * We tried to used the in room Coffee pot to heat water for Hot Chocolate..., it leaked (poured) water out of the chassis onto the counter and floor. * My wife went to use the iron to press our clothes for our trip to Temple Square,... the Iron leaked water through the seams around the heating plate. Fortunately, it was just water and didn't stain our clothes,... NOT COOL * We reported the issues with the room, and the appliances to to front desk, they said they would replace the appliances through the housekeeping dept. As of when we checked out, they had not been replaced. NOT COOL. * As first time travelers to SLC, we would have never found it without a GPS, (had too use "WAZE" app on my smart phone to get there).

* The front Desk staff was friendly. * The Hotel was relatively convenient to the airport (distance wise). *

Nice facilities but bad advertising

They had a card deposit on room which should have been on their advertising. I'm now waiting for more than a week to see my money back.

Clean, good breakfast and the staff was friendly

A Very Good Economical Airport Hotel I

I booked this hotel extra early for my date so got a fair rate for what I received. Staff were all friendly. The room was a bit rough around the edges but very clean, bed was comfortable. Windows in the room open, I liked that as feel very closed in at multiple floor hotels. I liked the onsite restaurant, good food, and service, reasonable prices, plate generous. Most important for me at an Airport Hotel, reliable shuttle service which this hotel provides, nice drivers. I absolutely would stay again. I stayed 5 times at Super 8 next door although this trip is the first I realized these hotels are back to back, I chose a different Hotel this trip, The Rodeway Inn, as Super 8's shuttle service was more than unreliable and caused great problems for many of us trying to catch flights two years in a row. Rodeway will be my stay at Salt Lake City Airport Hotel from now on, it provided everything I needed so I see no reason why not

Ok for one night

Housekeeping lady woke us up at around 8:15 by knocking on the door. Breakfast was below average. Most guests were truck drivers and Chinese tourists.

Easy drive to the airport, there's a gas station near the hotel. Clean rooms.

pleasant stay and nice rest

The first impression is pleasant because the building is nice. The beds are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is ok. The hotel is near the airport and not far from the city. If you have a car it's a matter of a few minutes. Good place.

Overall the stay was good.

Ordered burgers for dinner, rare to med rare. They were well done. Showed server and he said he didn't know how to say rare in Spanish. Before ordering, we asked if we could get a rare burger, he said no problem. They were dry and tasteless. Nothing was done to correct problem.

Overall the stay was good.

Home Away From Home

Near airport, about 5 miles from city center. Plenty of parking, very good fitness center. Seasonal pool closed. Restaurant on site, plus hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc).

I was disappointed with my stay.

The bed was rock hard. Hotel needs a complete remodel. Our sink wouldn't work properly and the shower would be freezing cold one second then scorch me the next.

The rate for the room was reasonable. I also liked that the room came with a refrigerator and microwave.

very adequate room for a great price.

My only real complaint was pillow quality. I would love a more solid pillow but it was functioning. The outdoor signage needs improvement it was very hard to know which of the two hotels in the same parking lot was ours.

When we arrived it was fairly late. Thefront desk staff was still very friendly. I forgot my razor and they gave me a few and shave cream complimentary. The room was great for what we needed.

Breakfast was decent.

Carpet needs to be replaced. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Breakfast was decent. Room was comfortable and for the money, a great deal. Close to the airport and free dependable shuttle.

Great place and great value.

Nothing really.

This was a one night stay as we were heading back to Oregon. The hotel is close to interstate 80 which we would travel on the next day. A very nice park with a small lake/pond was close by. Nice walk there watching the ducks. Restaurant right on site.

The property in general is rather run down.

Hot and cold water in tub / shower flipped back and forth. Carpets are warn and dirty.

The property in general is rather run down. However, the bed is comfortable and the rate is good. So, I'll be back.

Good choice for an early morning flight frm SLC

Reported there was an airport schedule but it was not offered during my stay due to damage to the vehicle

Room was dated and furniture worn, but room was clean and all of the equipment in the room worked properly. Ask for the Wifi code upon check-in because there is nothing in the room detailing the password. Needed GPS to find the hotel since it is was not visible from the highway exit and located at the end of a cul de sac and exterior sign was not lighted at 8pm.

Excellent value, friendly staff and convenient location

Took airport shuttle to hotel. Convenient location after almost 22 hours of travel. Friendly staff at check in. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included in price which was a bonus.

Nice and comfortable

There were no potatoes, hashbrowns, etc. included with the scrambled eggs. Not a big deal, but would have been nice

This is a very nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay. Breakfast was also very good.

worse motel stay i have ever encountered, and i have stayed at a number of hotel / motels in my life

my stay was back in august - 25, 26 august to be exact - and now it is almost the end of september and you are just now getting around to ask my opinion of my stay...? booking.com computers did not talk to the site - rodeway inn, slc, ut - computers when i booked the room / when i made my reservation i indicated that i had a pet - this information was not transmitted to the motel as they had no record of it / the outside door lock closest to where my room was, would not respond to my room key card so i had to enter a door way around the building and far from my room / the lock assembly of the door was loose and looked as though at sometime in the past someone tried to break it / the shower mixing valve would not stay set at a safe temperature - the water was either too scalding hot or iceberg cold / the carpet looked like it hasn't been cleaned in years and the building looks old (could probably stand to have a major renovation done to it!)/ i reported all this to the front desk but it is my guess nothing will be done about the items i have listed / i used my credit card to reserve the room and it was charged in july before i was actually there in late august - maybe that's the practice these days, but it will make me wary in the future should i ever book a motel room in the future; if i do, i will not use booking.com / my advice to any travelers to salt lake city, utah - do not book a room at the rodeway inn...! you have been warned...

the price / the housekeeping staff / no charge for my pet due to booking.com's error in not transmitting that information to rodeway inn, slc, ut / the a/c worked good - it was so hot in slc that i had to run it full blast all day, all night / other decent things: plenty of parking and lots of grassy areas to walk your pet (the clerk at the counter looked perplexed when i asked if they had a pet area - she asked, 'what's that?' somewhat of an odd answer since this motel advertises that they are "pet friendly")

10mins to airport

Room was a little difficult to find as wasn't sure which was the nearest entrance to park my car to and the doors weren't easy to get through with 2 heavy suitcases. And the room itself seemed even darker than most - don't know why all hotels have such an issue with providing decent lighting!

Great location, close to the airport, nice clean room and a pretty decent breakfast offering. Was literally only an overnight stop before my flight so didn't get to check out the hotel much but from what I saw in the 12 hours I was there - no complaints.

Convenient to the airport and inexpensive, nothing special but adequate.

Room was non-smoking but smelled like smoke and was very musty. Bed was not very comfortable.

We arrived late at night and the women checking us in was very nice and helpful. The shuttle trip to the airport was timely and super quick and the free onsite parking while we are traveling is great.

Stay here to catch early flight

Good location especially if you need to take an early flight, free shuttle to airport. Salt Lake, a nice city to visit. People at Temple Square very friendly, they offer free tour and free shuttle to and from airport. Shopping mall just next door.

I would suggest using the sheets of bed cover to be one...

I would suggest using the sheets of bed cover to be one piece because that is more hygienic (the cover used by everyone would not come out while moving). I found it very disturbing actually.

Okay - would not book again.

Bathroom faucet loose. Only one bar of soap. Shampoo provided but no conditioner. Rugs in hallways dirty. Windows dirty inside and outside. Tried to charge more than was quoted on Booking.Com price.

Air Conditioning worked well and was quiet. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Breakfast service good. Parking convenient.

Parking available near our room;

Parking available near our room; however, entrance door would not open with room keycard, so had to walk all the way around. Then, discovered upon entering room that two of the three lamps were broken. Attempted to call front desk to report these issues, but discovered that the room telephone did not work! Used cell to call front desk and rep made 'notes'; however, did not offer us another room!

Comfortable, Quiet (considering it's proximity to...

The TV alarm woke us up two different times during the night -- extremely annoying. The staff really need to reset everything for each new customer. Breakfast was a little disappointing.

Comfortable, Quiet (considering it's proximity to airport & freeway), Large spacious tub, the Staff were helpful & friendly.

staff tried to accomodate our concerns

The amenities that were listed on the site were only available if you requested them. Didn't know if they are listed that you have to request. Dirty smelly room. Non-smoking smelled like bottom of ashtray. Very disappointed that they charged so much for that room. It should have been priced like a flop house.

staff tried to accomodate our concerns

Great stay for a day away!

Honestly there was not anything about the property I didn't like, it was well kept and clean. I had booked this room for a one-night stay two weeks in advance and I knew because of my work that I would not get there until late. the service once I got there was excellent. It took 3 minutes to get the key to my room so I could get settled in. I was very pleased about that

The property was 5 minutes from the airport close enough to get there quickly yet far enough away that there was no airport noise. I was in Salt Lake to pick up my daughter from the airport and I'm not that familiar with the area. I was able to ride a free shuttle to and from the airport and it was excellent. the gentleman driving was friendly and very informative, it was overall an awesome experience and I appreciate it very much. Once we had returned to the hotel we enjoyed a free breakfast offered Every Morning for their guests

It was a a comfortable-enough stay for the amount we paid.

Poor lighting in the room...no lights above the headboards or between the beds on the nightstand for reading! Bed was too hard for me and hurt my back; however, no complaints from my companions. Hallway carpeting is looking dated.

Great location near the airport. Friendly front desk. Good breakfast. Well-placed grab bar in shower. Very near a few restaurants. Readily available free airport shuttle. We didn't have need of them, but we were IMPRESSED with the presence of chairlifts by the pool and hot tub for the use of disabled people...WOW!!!

Please make a big houseclean!

The cleanliness, the place is old and looks old except the breakfast area and the lounge. The first room that we got (non-smoking) smelled like somebody smoked in there so we asked for another room. The other room smelled ok but there were hair on the bed and the curtain was very dirty. We put the towels on the sheets to sleep because there were hair all over the bed.

The staff was nice.

We chose this hotel for it's price and location near the...

Found a few stray hairs that weren't ours in the bathroom upon arrival, but whattayagonna do?

We chose this hotel for it's price and location near the airport. Only staying for one night, this place was exactly what we needed. Nothing fancy, but decent and affordable and convenient.

We would stay here again.

It would have been nice to have more than 1 waffle maker for the large amount of people who were at breakfast.

The staff was friendly and inviting. The room was a good size. We loved the microwave and mini fridge in the room. The breakfast was great. Hotel was very close to downtown where we spent most of our time. The internet connection and WIFI were great.

The pool area is nice.

The carpet in the room was sticky. The bathroom doorknob fell off, cheap room furnishings.

The pool area is nice. They have a hot tub, sauna, and fire pit.

Not good.

Bed wes horrible, lumpy and hard,had to use the pull out so at least one of us could sleep and I don't think that had clean bedding. Carpet was filthy, shower head was at my eye level and I'm 5'3". Light switches were dirty, air conditioner sounded like a freight train in the room. TV would randomly shut off.

Breakfast was ok

Breakfast was pretty good.

The A/C unit in our room was really noise and I did't sleep well because of it. and for my preference the pillows are too fat , but that is just me.

Breakfast was pretty good. room was clean , but it smelled like someone smoked in there before. (non smoking room)

The staff was very friendly, and the free airport shuttle...

The room definitely could have used more attention to detail when being cleaned; I found old Subway trash under the bed skirt. The wifi seemed to work everywhere except for in my room, and the water temperature in the shower changed about every minute.

The staff was very friendly, and the free airport shuttle was very convenient.

More than expected for the value

The carpet in the hallway could use attention..shampooing

Loved that the restaurant on site stayed open til 10:00 pm..we didn't get in til after 9:00..the food was delicious...as was the eggs at breakfast! Loved the size of the bathroom..roomy!

Free breakfast was great.

Coffee maker in the bathroom did not work. However, there was coffee at the free breakfast.

Free breakfast was great. We got in very late and the staff was super friendly. We then ate breakfast in the morning and were on our way. Thank you!

TV internet and phone did not work and they said they would send someone but no one came.

I was told that someone would come to the room to the room to fix things but no one came. In other reviews on Yelp other gusts said they had the same experience and that staff said "what o you expect this is Rodeway inn"

The TV was not working The internet was not working The phone was not working Said they would send someone to fix the problems but no one came. A staff member entered the room without knocking before 8am on the day of departure while we were sleeping. Said they were cleaning but there was no cleaning cart in the hall.

Good Value

The internet. I never did actually connect and that made it impossible for me to use my Chrome book to do work or check on travel

The breakfast was pretty good and I especially like that there was a waffle maker.

Comfortable and convenient

Not much to do or see right near the hotel.

We got a day room in-between international flights. We had the free breakfast, which was much appreciated. It was quiet and we were able to sleep before our next late-night flight. The staff was GREAT. Perkins restaurant is next door, gas station/convenience store right down the street.

Nice Staff, clean rooms

The toilet had a weak flush and the water temp In shower was hard to adjust. Too hot or too cold.

Staff was very help helpful and friendly. Entrance close to parking

Your hotel seems to have charged me twice for repeating my...

Your hotel seems to have charged me twice for repeating my credit card, 111.47 + 111.47 twice.

3.5
    Disappointed

Pull out sofa and sofa itself was horrible. The room smelled funny. The floors seemed dirty. Shower cycled trough hot and cold water continuously.

Staff were friendly. Queen bed was adequately comfortable. Breakfast was alright.

An average airport hotel

Because they give long-term parking to airport users, there were NO PARKING SPACES when we checked in around 9 p.m. Luckily there was a 15-minute space at the front, and they let us use that overnight with a permit in the windshield.

They have a substantial breakfast with scrambled eggs, ham slices and waffles. Coffee was decent.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Would stay again.

The dining section didn't have many options and the sever was new and charged us for her mistake.

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. I also took the shuttle from the hotel to the airport and the driver awake and cheerful long before the sun came up .

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Comfortable, handy shuttle service, good food at dinner.

We could not have breakfast because we had to leave at 6 a. m. for the airport. We asked about any possibility of some food. My husband did not pursue it. Could we have gotten bagels and other portable items either at our first breakfast or some thing made up for us the night before. The sign about leaving with foods from the dining room was intimidating. We have been at similar hotels with a breakfast made up for us. With both a microwave and refrigerator I think something should be better available for travelers who miss their last breakfast. , Not this hotel's fault but a map given to us by a hotel in the area when we were looking showed the Comfort Inn at that location. Maps need updating.

I'm thankful it was only for the night.

The outdated everything. Hard pillows You can hear everything in the hallway. The clunky elevator. Faulty shower, gets cold and hot by itself. Stains on the towels and bed sheets.

That I had a bed for the night.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Disappointed with my most recent stay

I enjoyed my other stays here in the past. This time I didn't care for it. My room was musty smelling. I noticed garbage in hallway nt before and more again the next day. It was more crowded and noisy. I feel like it's kinda going downhill quality wise. I'm ready to try a new motel.

I love the comfortable beds and the delicious breakfast which is why I have came back several times with friends.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

This is my new hotel!!

The TV in our first room didn't work but they immediately gave us a better room when I brought it up!

GREAT free breakfast and only 100 bucks a night to stay. Very nice staff and a nice clean room with a very comfortable bed and they even folded the towels! Such a great value for the money!!!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

If everywhere else is booked, and sleeping in your car isn't an option, this will do.

To answer the sample questions the eggs were coated in a layer of slime and the bed might as well have been a stone slab. The hallway rank of cigarette smoke and mildew and the swamp cooler AC unit gave my friend an asthma attack and agitated my allergies.

It was the cheapest last minute booking I could find.

If you want good hot breakfast, this is the place.

Toilet doesn't flush and function correctly. Toilet paper holder is busted as well. Switch on lamp doesn't work. My room wasn't made up after hanging sign. Place look old, run-downed, and room has that old smell.

Hot breakfast with real eggs and patty sausage. Really good selection.

Comfortable

I just did not like the shower, the shower is not very strong, and sometimes it got too hot or too cold, but overall the room was fine.

The continental breakfast is wonderful, and the mattress is very good.

Not the best place to stay if you're handicapped!

Finding the hotel was TERRIBLE. No electric sign, very hard to find at night. The handicapped room was at the far end of the hall, opposite end from the elevator. Needs more handicapped rails in the bathroom.

The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Mixed review

Older hotel, a lot of construction and repairs going on. Carpet old with lots of stains. In hotel restaurant was out of most items on the menu and didn't really seemed to be prepared to serve customers.

Large rooms, very good breakfast. Comfortable beds.

Quiet and comfy

Liners in trash cans. Carpet could use updating.

Staff was exceptional, older building, needs some updating, but overall very quiet , room was clean, we enjoyed our 5 day stay😀😀 also room service was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Don't let the lobby carpeting scare you off

The lobby carpeting is filthy. We were dreading opening the door to our room but it was surprisingly clean compared to the lobby.

The bed was super comfy and the hotel shuttle was very speedy even though we got there very late at night. The breakfast was hot, abundant and had a good variety.

Modest at best.

The bed sheets where not very comfortable and the carpet felt very dirty and sticky.

The staff was all very nice and friendly and unlike many other places you where allowed to carry out breakfast.

the room is a little dated but neat.

curtain didn't close in the room completely, bed wasn't very comfy, dated bathroom.

the room is a little dated but neat. the breakfast in the morning was very nice. shuttle to and from airport.

Disappointing and could not wait to leave

It was rundown and understaffed, the foyer was unclean, sheets had stains and no internet in our room. The water for tea was Luke warm . We tried to cancel and move next door but were told they were unable to cancel or refund third party reservations

Location was convenient to airport

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Out of the way stink hole.

Where to start . Upon checking in we find out they charge you $ 100 extra dollars for incidentals wich when booking they dont tell you. Next was the parking wich horable. Then the room apon entering it smelled bad like it was mildewy the bathroom sink had hair in it The carpet was like walking on dirt road. The TV only worked when it wanted to and tge heater had no heat. So we for sure will not be staying hete again.

The only thing good was the free coffee and tea

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great staff!!

I do a fair amount of traveling and this was by far the best place I've stayed in. Staff was incredibly friendly from the minute I walked in till I left. Clean !! Highly recommended!!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Elevator floors are broken.

Elevator floors are broken. One elevator door seems to get stuck when opening and then makes a loud pop as it opens. The toilet in my room (338) is badly cracked.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

elevator not working correctly the first night shower and bathtub would not work correctly, you could see areas all over hotel need fixed carpet coming up

staff

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Arrived after flight was missed due to delay.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Arrived after flight was missed due to delay. Everyone was very courteous & helpful. I was without toiletries & they were able to supply!

Love love love this place will be back
    • Traditional Room with a King Bed

The ac unit was a little too loud

Everything is new beautiful and clean, the restaurant was wonderful

Great value, newly remodeled
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

So new that it smelled like fresh paint, no complementary breakfast

Great price, very new room furnishings and close to airport with shuttle

Did everything as one should do

The whole place

They were friendly ask me if I needed anything all the time real clean place

Okay bye

Parking and turning the shower on

Breakfast was good. Beds and pillows were good

Wouldn't stay again

Location, dusty, run down

It Included breakfast

Will be here again next visit to SLC

Nice stay

In the restaurant, the worst ribs I ever had

In the restaurant, the worst ribs I ever had

Good for stay near airport

Free Shuttle to airport

Grate bit alayer check out would been nice

The beds a little more specifically,apart bigger TV

The access,to the room from the parking

It was pleasant.

Elevator was not in a good location. Opposite end of the building from front desk

It was noise free and pleasant

Quiet and Comfortable.

Lackk of body towels and lotio?.

Early check in and late chexk out :)