Reviews of The Fox Tower at Foxwoods 4 stars

240 Fox Tower Drive, Ledyard Center, CT 06338, USA

#3 of 6 hotels in Ledyard Center

No close access to the inside pool. We paid alot of money for a set of 2 bath towels.It was our Anniversary and we wanted it to be special and it wasnt.

The view was very nice. The staff was ok.

Hospitality from the hotel was pleasant and professional. I love the food , the French restaurant called The View had a jazz player pianos he was excellent. The wife and I had a window seat viewing overlooking the forest very nice I truly love the atmosphere. I can tell you more but I had a great time

During my stay I was looking for the gym as soon as the spa open, I was ecstatic very happy to wash workout walk around but naked. It was similar to some Koreans and Japanese spas I go on a normal basis Foxwoods was a great place for couples to have for each other without kids or with kids. And I would do it again soon

• King Bed Director Suite

Had to call for service for the tub because water wouldn’t go down, was told we could use it again with no issue... same thing happened again :(

Room was great.. pillows were super comfy

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything! Rooms were clean and comfy!

It was differculty finding it! But once there you never need to leave! Great shopping, Lots of restaurants, Dunkin Donuts too! Hard Rock Cafe . Pools... casinos.....and many more! They even have the electric scooter. I believe $40+ a day! Just really enjoyed my stay!

Everything was great, if you want to be anywhere other than the casino it's not a good location but if the casino is where you want to be it's perfect!

Right inside the casino, very nice rooms at a great price.

I didn't like the price for one night stay when booked 2 months in advance

I liked everything about the property it was very nice and had no problems the entire night.

The casino at The Fox Tower is all smoking as a non smoker except the high rollers area, this was a bit of a bummer. Plus the Casino Bingo was miles away (even staff said it’s a journey) when asking directions.

The bed was oh so comfortable, felt like a big cloud!!!

Hot tub was broke. Would have been nice to have a hand out or something in room telling you about things to do zip line etc

Loved the breakfast at Jrs! Pool was fabulous! Pool staff were super sweet!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was some sort of VERY loud altercation in one of the nearby rooms at 2:45 AM in the morning. Security didn't break it up until after 4 AM. None of the in-room phones had any obvious way to page security which no doubt extended the issue.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in and check out line was long , not enough people working the front desk, couldn’t print receipts because of printer malfunction waited over 20 min each time. Spa was not available to us on Saturday, disappointing

Room was good nice view of the forest from 29th floor. Elevators were quick coffee in room was good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The person who checked us in made me uncomfortable and was distracted. He didn't give me the number of keys that I asked for or directions to the hotel elevator. Instead he talked a lot about things that didn't matter. This part of the experience is not a reflection of how I feel overall, I would still definitely stay here again.

The bathroom was beautiful, the room was much larger than expected. Great location to the casino as well. I have also used their spa before and LOVE it. Very comfortable, beautiful, great choice in services.

Well the lady at the front desk messed up my surprise and said exactly everything i wanted done to the room for decoration infront of my partner, they send me an email to upgrade. Then when i get there they can’t upgrade my room because of the decoration that’s something they couldn’t done in the upgraded room

Loved the view of my room and had a good time gambaling

Nothing worked out, see above I put comment in wrong place. This was worst trip ever. The one night I needed for my time was invaded by college celebration. Mainly due to your lack of concern for other guests. How inconsiderate, money seems to be #1 now. It took until 2:00 am for security to do anything. Situation not monitored and started again after security left . I payed $178.00 for one night of torture never was there any offer of compensation or attempt to accommodate me. Each time I called the operator who was also frustrated, but nice she replied "again! Are they still noisy. Poor lady she must have received tons of complaints. Poor management and organizing makes for unhappy guest and loss of business.

College students were extremely loud security called numerous times. Partying playing in halls, banging doors all night. Security Captain came up about 2:00 am. Shortly after security came it began again. This was a break I looked forward to since booking with my travel agent. Worst getaway I've every had. Didn't reach my room till well after check-in. I arrived at 11:30am Hotel did nothing to make sure other guest were not involved in this horrible experience! Poor room designation. Students should have been placed all on certain floors that wouldn't impact others. Check in person was rude, no badge I was unable to get her name. Very abruptly told me no room could be available even though she saw a 76 yr old exhausted lady. Not my 1st time there. Never experienced in all my travels her rudeness. I was notified about 3:00 room was available. Don't know if I'll ever return.

• King Bed Producer Suite

The overall experience was outstanding, the spa was great specifically the couples massage, the property is huge, zipline wasn't running due to rain but we did the virtual reality ride and it was great!! . Amazing restaurants all over! great food

• King Bed Producer Suite

Our room was dirty when we arrived at night gross and smelly dirty robes from other people food all over and a hosted stink the only thing hotel service offered was to clean it late at night while were about to sleep I have stayed here many nights but never will again that was absolutely disgusting and we got no help on it gross

Good view good size room 3 tvs

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

All xtra charges you don't know about until you show up to check in. Smell of smoking to get to elevators to your room. It's in the smoking part of Casino.

Lots to do. Convenient and good food.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The casino stinks like the sweat of donkey balls, or so I’ve heard. The air quality on the floor of he casino is beyond gross. It made me dry heave upon entry and cant understand why the casino can’t make better air. They can probably get some smoke eaters on eBay for cheap. Spa is low quality. No snacks other than a poor excuse for snack mix. Spa facilities are outdated and limited. Boston harbor casino will close this place down after every guy eat realizes what a sess pool that Foxwoods is.

• King Bed Producer Suite

-Only thing I can complain about is the price of the high flyer, but I can't comment if it is worth the cost because I didn't get a chance to do it.

The Producer suite was amazing and clean. The only thing was that the toilet seat was damaged. However, it wasn't that serious and I notified that manager so I wouldn't be fined. Everything was great, staff were always helpful. I booked the producer suite for 2 nights for only $496. I have to give $596 at check in and received my $100 back once I checked out before 11AM.

• King Bed Producer Suite

Size of the room as previously stated thought there would be more room to do stuff in the hotel room or even a balcony!

The room looked luxury but small the bed was half the room guess they cant really make rooms bigger now but for $230 on a wensday id expect alittle bigger other then beautiful room!

I especially didn't like all the added "resort fees" to the room Maybe my fault for not noticing when I booked, but it is a little bit of a shock to think you're paying one price when you check in and being charged another. I will look for a different hotel in the future

Convenient to Casino

I was on the 6th floor and overlooked a large roof. The beds are very high, not too difficult for me to hop on but was thinking of the many people who could not. The sheets were too stiff, like they had been starched. The bathroom was large but there was no place to put your clothes when changing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Being seniors we would have preferred to be at one of the resorts center hotels. Good walk to the center of things.

The bed was great. We got the room for a bargain. Nice view of the forest.

Housekeeping is awfulllll... dirty room... no fitted sheet on bed.. and continuous knocks on the door hours before checkout

Staff at front desk are super friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The buffet in the Casino was not worth my money and way more walking than I thought. They need better restaurants for less money. Best Resturant was Verde. Outrageous amount of money for a pack of cigarettes how they get away with selling one pack cigarettes for $16 when the state is less than $10 is beyond me.

The front desk check in out lady christina was kind and polite very good customer service. When I'm at fox towers I always get a good night sleep the bed is so comfortable. Shower is great too. They have junior's cheese cake my favorite. Another, place I enjoyed eating at is panera bread. I walked there in the morning or evening for exercise. The shopping, music, casinos I had a great time will be back soon.

The bathrooms didn't work in the Junior restaurant. We had to walk all over the casino to find bathrooms while eating lunch. The staff at the G-spa was very snarky. They didn't let us use the pool because they had enough visitor for the day already. We would have happily paid for it, but they refused despite the pool/pool area being completely empty. The room keycards didn't work well. We had to go to the reception to get new cards, also the elevator struggled with accepting room keycards. Quite a waste of time. Not able to call the front desk, after listening to endless numbers of options, the taped voice provided another phone number if one wanted to talk with a living person. And a tv that was placed direclty in front of the bed, barring the spectacular view. So, lying in bed, you're forced to look at the tv, not the view.

The view from the 29th floor were spectacular.

• King Bed Producer Suite

The curtains were not blackout. We were awoken early with the light. The room was hot and the AC was mediocre. The sheets were very loud when turning over in the bed through the night. Strange and annoying.

The water pressure in the bathroom was awesome.

The room was a little tight. Due to being in a corner room, we lost space due to the tv stand being right at the foot of the bed.

Honestly, I think my favorite part of the whole stay was the shower. The water pressure was amazing.

Security fee was $100 instead of previous $50 with no warning before check-in. Had to move to 3 different rooms for the accomidations we needed(still not what we asked for by room 3). Staff and service was slow and full of bad attitude. Terrible.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

First room they offered was filthy... toilet was clearly not cleaned. It was not an easy transition to a new room. Management did not even consider speaking with me when I was told I had to come down again to front desk to obtain new keys. I requested to speak with them. Manager offered $50 food/beverage credit which pleased me...but should have been offered an apology by management without a request. The price of room per night warrants nicer facilities... no nicer than a Holiday Inn... You are strictly paying for convenience and the idea your neighbors are squeezing in 8/ room.

convenience

• King Bed Producer Suite

They didn’t have our reservation. After some time and providing our confirmation it was worked out. Manager came out and said it was Foxwoods fault. They were sorry. No problem.

Shower

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We stayed at Fox towers but could not use their pool we had to walk to Pequot

The Service was great and for a large property it was very clean loved it

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The smell of smoking! It reeks at the casino level which was also the level the ballroom & shops were on. The room was also very expensive for the quality.

We stayed for a dance competition which was held at the hotel. I liked the short walk from the elevators to the room and the different food choices within the hotel area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only complaint I really have is that I requested a handicap accessible room when I booked 3 months ahead of time and when I got there I was told they didn't have any available which was a huge inconvenience.

It is a great place and it's like it's own little city that has everything you need

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The comfortable bed and great shower. Staff was also great and helpful. This is my second stay at fox tower. Love it. Love the music keeps me Happy!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Ate breakfast at the buffet in Rainmaker. Food was ok, however I sat next to one of the dividers and wasn’t happy with the amount of dust and dirt I looked at while eating on top of the divider...you could write your name in it. Kind of discussting being that it was so close to my food. They need to do better....so many people go through there daily....no excuse.

Very clean room, bathroom is big enough for a party...loved it.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds and the shower were absolute highlights of this trip. Not to mention the super convenient location right in the casino. Couldn’t have asked for a better spot during the winter trip.

Me and my wife don’t smoke and we feel like everywhere we went it smelled like smoke. Also we like playing black jack but it seemed like all the casinos we went too the tables were always full especially the dollar tables.

We got a couples massage at gspot and it was aweful I wouldn’t waist your money or time. I am not one to complain but worst massage I ever had

Hotel staff and staff at the restaurants were friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very over priced fo the room!!!! Paid for late check out and still got a 10 am knock on door for housekeeping.

Not having to leave the casino to go to an off site hotel.

We didn't get $90.00 discount as Genius Customer (we got a letter from you about it dated November, 17 2017). they told us to contact Booking.com.

In different areas of Foxwoods, lighting seemed poor! Unfortunately, some places the scent of smoke was very pungent!

We ordered breakfast in our room. It came on time & was delicious! The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful! Adam (VIP), checked us in & check us out with a smile! It is the little things... Complimentary water, free parking, and many options to explore!

Room across from us had room service and food was left out in hallway for at least 24hrs leaving a disgusting odor. Requested towels for shower, never arrived. No toothbrush in toiletry kit in room?

Check in and out was fast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This by far the worse casino ive ever been to. They say you cant check in until after 4 when i get there the line is 2 hours long by time i get upstaors im tired. But i wanted to enjoy the pool and couldn't because it close at 9. Your Understaffed and need better customer service

Room set up

• King Bed Producer Suite

Very slow service room was not completely clean it was a sweet one of the TV's had big scratches on the screen also ordered room service for coffee in the morning it took an hour and a half

Thought I would like everything but it turned out a little bit differently

• King Bed Producer Suite

The bathrooms tub water would not drain, the bed was very unstable felt as if it was going to fall apart when you sat on it. Tvs were also small “entertainment area” had stains on sitting area, some random large piece of metal underneath the bed. For $500+ per night i had higher expectations

The view, central to everything. Room service/staff

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No continental breakfast..and the walking to get to the restaurants on the other side of casino long walk

My room and the view out my room window...beautiful..with the snow on the pine trees

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That I left my children’s life jacket in the lobby and when I called ten minutes later they said they couldn’t find them nor where they in the lost and found.

My room smelled clean as soon as I walked in

The cloth chair in the room had some questionable stains. (I was not sitting on that) There was an old bar of soap under the sink when I checked in and was not removed during my stay even though my room was cleaned on the 2nd day. I did leave a note about it before I checked out.

Relaxing experience. My room was on the 29th floor which had an excellent view. I didn’t hear hardly any other noise.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Powder milk disquieting To many younger adults in 20’s drinking in hallway on 6th floor being loud no security For 450 a month I expected a lot more Only saving grace is we won money at casino

I ungraded to a director suite for my boyfriends birthdsg (thought it would be nice to treat him a little extra special). For the price the bed is horrible! Definitely not worth the money! Also the staff treats everyone like they are there everyday, if you have a question because you are new they roll their eyes at you and are super rude about it! I had this happen twice, once at check out and once at the rewards booth! Those two people alone made the trip less fun

The view from the room was beautiful. The mall is a fun addition you feel like you could stay for a week and never leave!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was very disappointed reserved this a long time ago I know there was there was going to be a blizzard store but if I made it to the place poor staff service was horrible lack of people working nah my expectation people was warned that there was going to be a blizzard storm they should have have more staff intact before emergency there's no reason not to have now staff available

I love the experience and enjoying myself in there but it was totally different this time

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front manager was not very professional and the food seemed old at the kiosks (hotdog place) the staff that were fixing the machines were swearing and joking with each other. Every other word was a profanity.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lighting in the room was not good. The pillows were horribly uncomfortable. I would have like to have a microwave in the room

The staff was great. The bed was very comfortable and the location was convenient and accessible to everything. Also when we arrived to our room we noticed right away our sink was clogged, I called to notify the staff and sent someone right away to take care of it.

There were a few attendants who really weren't helpful, but it could be due to it being so close to the holidays.

The bed and room were very comfortable. I liked the venue and everything else that was around it. I'm not sure if I could say its a romantic place, but it was definitely worth the trip.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough staff in casino area. Had to wait 2hrs for complimentary drink while gambling and when went to bar myself to get it, was informed I would have to pay for drink or gamble at bar. Rooms: could use some refreshing. Crumbs under glass top of dresser drawer where TV was. And towels fringing at edges. One expects more at this price point.

Location - hotel conveniently located right above the casino and shopping outlets only steps away. Hotel room price reflects this convenience.

• King Bed Producer Suite

Not really anything I didn't like, I will return again.

The restaurants are great, as are the Tanger Outlets. The Cedars restaurant is perfect for dinner and the service there was above average. Festival Buffet breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Some of the restaurants food

The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, close to all events and experience was totally enjoyable. I felt like I was on vacation and didn't want to go home.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were someone elses toe nail clippings left next to the bedside table. Employee's at check-in could have been more polite.

We love the decor, modern everything, beautiful spacious bathrooms. Waterfall sinks are so cool!

the shower was the best shower i had in my whole life!! could you please send me the name of the brand or the manufacturer..the servers in the casino were very very slow..they either did not come by or when you finally placed an order it took them about 20minutes or half an hour to give you your drink..the slots did not always accept your reward card..the dealers were not rating my reward card unless i brought it to their attention

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was not nice. They didn’t help us with anything. On our way out we realized our car has been open the whole night and the employee who brought out our luggage left it outside without us. Someone could have easily stole our stuff.

The room was amazing and I enjoyed my night.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When booking I was told that I could only request connecting rooms on arrival - I then called foxwoods and was told that I could not book connecting rooms until I checked in and requested them. When I checked in they said I can’t have connecting rooms because they are queen and they only connect a queen with king? (They were sold out) I would have booked it that way if I would have known. My whole point was to celebrate by 40th with my friends in 1 room. My room had a connecting door so I still don’t understand why they couldn’t unlock it? They should inform you of the connecting room details when someone books instead of saying you can get them upon arrival.

Bed was uncomfortable along with the pillows

Everything! It's like its own city. So much to do. Access to everything. Rooms are comfortable. Shower is great. So many restaurants. Definitely will be coming back!

We booked rooms in the Fox Tower as we usually did. In confirmation it states "Fox Tower", there is picture of Fox Tower but in fact Staff in their Customer Service didn't find our reservation in the Fox Tower. They found our reservation in the Grand Pequot Tower. We went back to entrance, asked to bring our car back to us and drove to Grand Pequot Tower. It made us nervous right in beginning of our vacation. In may of 2016 we did reservation for us and our friends Krivenko Family in Montreal and when we came in Montreal their booking didn't show up in the hotel. They lived in another hotel. So, it was second bad experience with Booking.com.

"Gold Dragon" R-t offers lunch "2 for $25.00" and menu is so good for such price.

Got to our room, the TV was broken which they did repair. There was a desk light out and a broken toilet seat. Room rate is fine, but the resort fees are rather steep. Making a nights stay expensive.

Nice bed, Nice room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking staff was great, the check in people ere great, we really enjoyed our stay. We did get an E-mail from a concierge named Wendy, at Foxwoods and tried working with her to set our plans, she was not that great, she just didn't get it. So we made our own plans.

We went for a short honeymoon trip, they did not offer any real “extras” to make the stay a little more special. The only extra the we received was the 1 hour late check out.

Bed was comfortable, resort was clean

We did stayed this property for 2 nights, but at our floor no. 26 so noisy and music sound was interrupting our sleep at night.

Cleanliness & Friendly staff.

• King Bed Producer Suite

Th bell captain dropped my bag a broke a bottle. He disappeared and we had to carry a bag with broken glass dripping through the lobby, onto the elevator, and into our room. It ruined a pair of shoes and shirt. The only thing they did for us after several calls is replace the bottle. Not happy with their customer service at all.

The view from our window.

• King Bed Producer Suite

Check out took us 40 minutes to wait in line, was not sure how to express checkout

Bed was very comfortable, the view was beautiful and staff was very friendly

• King Bed Producer Suite

the bathrobes were not comfortable and check in time was terrible- took too long

bathroom was clean and spacious, and view was nice from room. right inside casino easy access to playing slots and friendly valet were amazing

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our first night in hotel, we woke to incessant banging during the early morning hours. We had been up late the previous night in casino and shops. When we called the front desk to request the banging stop, we were informed we could move our room which we agreed to. They informed us the hotel was installing a zip-line on the roof of the hotel. Unfortunately, the initial room was on the 25th floor per our request and we were moved to the other side of the bldg. on the 15th floor; overlooking the roof of the Tanger Outlet. We had to re-pack our belongings and move them to another room. I was asked to turn in my key before the move in order to get my new key, however, this caused another issue as our belongings were still in our original room. There was confusion among the staff as if no one spoke to each other about the issue. No manager ever spoke to us regarding this issue. We would consider using another property were we to return to casino. Sorry.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and kind.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Did not like the fact I could not use my AAA discount because I booked on "Booking. Com" once I was paying at the hotel. Not sure if it would have worked out cheaper reserving with the hotel itself or not.

We were quoted a low rate of $87.20 through Booking.com, but when they give you the bill at the resort the price is $123.22 with all the added taxes and fees. There was a MPT Occupancy Tax of $13.08,another MPT Occupancy Tax of $2.99 and a Resort Fee of $19.95. Not such a good deal after all!

The bed was very comfy.

Neither my wife nor I liked the newer machines in the casino. None of them were particularly inviting. I don't like the idea of penny machines requiring maximum bets (sometimes $3.00 or more) to qualify for a bonus. I wished there were more quarter machines available. It's time Foxwoods shaped up as your going to get more competition in the near future. Already we are choosing to go to other smaller casinos in the region.

Browse The Fox Tower at Foxwoods traveller photo gallery