Reviews of Econo Lodge Frederick 2 stars

#20 of 22 hotels in Frederick

6.1

5.7

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our key worked in another room to open the door which made us quite leary and unsafe. Mentioned this to front seat and response was well I don't know why this would happen!!!!!

Free breakfast

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The breakfast, not many choices and on Sunday by 9:35 everything was removed. We were at a wedding the night before, so having to t up early for breakfast was a bit difficult. Also, we had some issues with the check-in as the Econolodge did not have our reservation. It took over 45 mins for the check-in.

The location and the easy access to the rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Negatives: Supposed to have non-smoking room... room wreaked of smoke and possible mildew, cigarette burns in both beds' comforters. Cigarette burns on bathtub and even the toilet. Bathroom was horrible and outdated. Wouldn't dare walk around without shoes anywhere within the room. Lamps must have been for decoration because they didn't work. Only the overhead lights worked. If I hadn't have paid a non-refundable stay prior to walking in the room, I would've requested a full refund and drove home.

Positives: Location close to many stores and in vicinity of basketball tournament I was there for. Could park car directly in front of motel room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was run down and disgusting. Our first room wreaked of smoke. Our second room had duct tape on the door, ripped up carpet, busted locks on the door and uncomfortable old bed. The place should be shut down!

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The bathroom door latch plate was coming off the framework of the door. Ceiling tracks were missing in the bathroom. The door looked like someone had tried to break in at some point. Had I not just been to a funeral I would have refused the room. However I was too tired after driving 6 hours then attending a funeral to complain. Also the doors were locked upon check out so I wasn't able to tell them then and could not get breakfast. I had to put the key in the drop slot. Overall, this was the worst place I have stayed in. I had stayed here before and did not encounter any problems but I'll have to really think hard on using this place again.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The floor in front of the tub was falling in . They came in and cleaned the room. There was no micwave and the ref was not that cold

It has a hot shower

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Everything in the room was stained. The sheets were stained, the lamp shade, the bed skirt. It was absolutely disgusting. I have stayed in hotels for 70$ that are much nicer. It is worth a lot to simply have clean linens.

Every thing

Nothing are bed was wore out are door to room had a very large gap in it so you could see every thing out side and the cold air was coming in

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

We had some travels problems and was imposible arrived. We did not have the oportunity to comunicate with the hotel. But they did'nt comunicate with us ☹️.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Had to wait to check in because computer check-in system was down for maintenance (about 10 minutes). Not a big enough selection of pastries at breakfast.

Free wi-fi. Free do-it-yourself waffle iron. Super comfortable bed. Heater/air conditioner. Did not use TV. I don't think there was a microwave.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

I was on the way to Williamsburg for spring break, and for break I stayed at Econo Lodge Frederick. There were a few of long hairs found on the bed. The bed was bent so my husband and I were waking up several times while we were sleeping. There was some trash left over in the bin. Felt like someone used but not well cleaned.

The hotel was warm.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The bathroom was horribly done. There were chips in the bathtub, the water got boiling hot and the knobs on the shower were extremely confusing and we both ended up having to ensure the water wasn't scalding hot before we got into the shower. the shower stall was very small and the floor of the entire bathroom seemed to move if my wife or myself even walked towards the sink area outside the bathroom. Seemed like a poorly added addition to the room. Also, we did not like the fact that there was only a refrigerator, with no microwave in the room... seems rather cheap. Another thing we didn't like was the noise at night. Not the highway noise, that we expected... we are talking the people coming in and out of the rooms adjacent ours at all hours of the night, clearly very drunk and very loud and by 4 am when we had enough and called the front desk, the clerk seemed too busy to properly handle the situation until we threatened to ask for our money back. It was overall kinda awful, but considering the motel is so cheap, we feel as though we "got what we paid for". Then the free "breakfast" was nothing to sing about. The cereal was stale, and all they had to offer was carbs. Toast, mini muffins, waffles, and cereal. There was no fruit, not even hardboiled eggs.... It was a total let down. But, again, the room was cheap and the people staying there seemed extra sketchy, so we just chalked it up to a lesson learned. NEVER staying here again.

I liked that I could park right outside my room door, and therefore monitor my car. And we liked that the bed wasn't uncomfortable and the sheets seemed clean. The AC and heat both worked great as well, and that's about all I can say positive about the place.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The front desk clerk was rude. He said he had NO reservation for me, even though I had my printout with the confirmation number on it. He argued with me saying maybe I put it in another name, or I got the date wrong. I showed him my paperwork and he still argued. Finally, he gave us a room-but put it under a new reservation. "Free Continental Breakfast" was a joke. No fruit, only muffins or cereal (the waffle mix was empty) and coffee was cold. Overall, this was a terrible stay.

Location was in close proximity to the interstate and restaurants, but you couldn't hear the noise.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Motel was old and dated. bathroom was old and plumbing was poor. toilet was easy to clog up and I had to go out in the cold to get plunger from office and clear it out myself. An incident between motel staff and and unruly guest caused the police to be called causing a safety concern.

Room was clean

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

everything about the property was marginal. The unit was maintained in a shoddy manner. The carpet was dirty, sink was glued together, shower water was hard to turn on and regulate. Bathroom was reduced in size. exterior needed much attention. Clerk was without any expression. He seemed to not be enjoying his job. It really showed. They were out of yogurt and tea bags. This facility seemed to be in need of a remodel or demolition. A car was removed by tow truck in the middle of the nite. We will now question all econolodge choices.

location was acceptable

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Left bath robe behind when I checked out and called 2 hrs after getting back home niece was going to pickup robe she was told not there. Guess someone got a new robe.

They let us use the breakfast area with tables to play cards with our friends in the evening

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

It was a non smoking room with cigarette burns on the covers, the floors were damaged and uneven, the tiles were unset and popping up when ever I stepped on them. The bathroom was small and awful. The room was heavily decayed and unmaintained.

Not much. I liked that the bathroom had toilet paper.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

The outside of my room door had tape covering a broken/ possible kicked in area. The door jam was broken; had the appearance of previous forced entry. The lock plates were loose but held the dead bolt tight.

The front desk and breakfast areas were colorful; warm and inviting.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

I was glad I brought my own shampoo and conditioner the room only provided shampoo some people need conditioner too, but otherwise great experience no complaints.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and I could walk around the room in my bare feet the carpet was very soft. Nice tv and liked having the little fridge. The gentleman who checked us in and out was very nice and friendly.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The a/c only works on high, cannot adjust the thermostat to desire temp, the toilet kept running water, it was loud, i could nott sleep, the whole room had a musky mildew odor if the ac is turned off, had to fabreeze the entire room

The booking process fast and efficient

See above comments.

Nothing, I sent you a E-Mail shortly after returning home following my trip. There was nothing good, or even passable, about my stay in the motel. From the time I first saw the condition of the building to the filthy room it was all down hill. I would never stay at this place again, or even recommend it to anyone.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

I checked in, but didn't stay. I was very uncomfortable. When I returned later there were two men and a women standing outside there room, which was next to mine.

II didn't like anything.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The "non-smoking" rooms (we used two) reeked of cigarette smell. The mattresses were uncomfortable - bouncy and unsupportive. The TV was fuzzy until we tightened the cable connection in the back of the TV. The rooms are old. One toilet seat had a bolt broken, so it swiveled around.

The breakfast area was clean and simple.

• King Room - Smoking

Paint chipping of walls, bath tub was disgusting and not useable, sheets were gross, door lock was old,bad area, didn't feel safe at night. Alot of drunk people roaming around.

Breakfast was om

The bathtub was "aged."

Most furnishings in the room were new. Room was clean, no odor, wifi worked very well. Location is right off the Interstate and convenient to the tourist area of downtown.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The room had a horrible smell and the carpets hadn't been vacuumed in what looked like weeks. The overall cleanliness of the room was very unhygienic, the bathroom floor was dirty and I don't think the walls had ever been wiped -down (think beverage spills, sneezes, etc). And honestly, I wasn't in the mood to report it to front desk or request a room move, I just left. I took my dogs and left. Didn't stay the night much less the evening.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Better maintenance of the bathrooms(as in clean them), better laundry (there was some strange goop on one of the bed covers) and fixing the outlets, only half of them worked

It was cheap. Proximity to town and highway were great.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

One of the rooms didn't have a chair, and there were a bunch of flies in the room.

The staff was helpful. We got in late but he was very friendly and quickly got us our rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Tried to get extra pillows counter staff didn't seem to understand. Next day when gentlemen who checked us in came to work he was able to assist us immediately Breakfast was poor. Don't think I got credit on my choice awards card for the stay.

Beds were comfortable easy access to interstate and mall gentleman who checked us in and out was very nice

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The room was filthy dirty...some of the so called clean towels had black marks on tbem...toilet was clogged from before I used it and they had no plunger...had one iron for the whole hotel and one mini desktop iron board. When my partner went to the room on the second day to stay he left emediatly once he seen the room and said his bed had white bugs in it. He couldn't beleave I stayed the night before I just slept in my clothes on top of sheets. They said they refunded my second stay but haven't seen off charge card yet.

Nothing was good about anything.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The place was a complete dump. The walls were literally falling apart in the bathroom and it was completely filthy. It looked like the room wasn't cleaned in years. This place was seriously gross. Dirt, hair, and stains everywhere.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

I stayed in room #127. The door to the room needed to be fixed. There was a big gap at the bottom of the door.

The lady at the from desk when I checked in was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Room was filthy. Holes and stains on walls which we were able to wipe off. Large stain on fitted bedsheets. Informed by state trooper that it is a very unsafe area and they keep a high police presence because of it. Main desk attendant acted like we were an inconvenience to him when checking in. Spoke with customer service from choice hotels. Very rude and unhelpful. Informed me that since they are a franchise they cannot do much for me. It would take a lot for me to ever choose to stay with choice hotel chains ever again!

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Hotel is just worn out. Did not receive redecorated room that was featured on the web site. Isn't that false advertisement?...guess they are reserved for the top paying guests, not the thrifty online traveler. Old smell, old tv, scratched up furniture. Had to secure door lock by putting my weight against the door. Only stayed 1 of the 2 nights due to family illness....it's been a few days, where is my refund per your agreement ?

Location was central to shopping, historical downtown & interests, entertainment to eats. 0 to 6 miles can put you almost anywhere you need to be ! I like the location so much I'm a repeat customer...but sad things have happened to this Econo Lodge.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The property was more run down than the pictures indicated. Some pictures were of a different Econologe. The carpet was very worn and the doorframe looked pretty damaged.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

very limited TV channels - could only get a few analog stations -digital stations were not accessible.

Room was clean and comfortable - I was amused by the low sinks , toilet and showers - was concerned that a I had some how grown by 6 inches overnight

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

the hotel was really old looking , the room had wall paper peeling half way down the wall which should of been removed. the beds were semi comfortable , too many ppl there were obviously living there which made it uncomfortable to smell there charcoal grill in my room all night and have them out front of my door where there grill is located.. the room and the door were very old and needs to be renovated immediately.. can tell at once this was a very nice hotel its just a little run down from age...a lot of wear n tear on the property..checked out in middle of night couldn't bare to hear the live in neighbors next door talk all night out front of door and have my room full of smoke from there grill

location was great very close to highway and where my event was. cable and internet worked well, air condition was fine, shower and bathroom was clean ..friendly guy up front..

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The room was just kind of "ratty". Peeling wallpaper, torn carpet, soiled shower curtain, big holes in blankets. Not too clean. Sheets were clean as were towels.

Staff was really nice. Breakfast was decent -- waffles, cereal, toast, fruit.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

The air conditioner was extremely loud. Plumbing too. The room was non smoking but it still smelled like smoke.

The price. Clean enough. Staff was really nice.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Curtains had holes in them, the room smelled like it had been smoked in. The door didn't seem too close very securely. Limited breakfast items available.

Room was clean and bed was comfy. Fridge in the room was nice. Quite. All of the rooms are on the ground floor.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

See above

Room was not overly clean, dozens of dead flies in light over mirror and sink, bathroom door frame broken, entrance door frame in bad shape, mattresses were soft, bouncy like it had springs springs, sloping. Seemed small for a double bed. Breakfast nonexistent. At 845 am, no coffee, juice watered down, nothing other than cereal, a waffle maker, and some mini doughnuts.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpeting in our room and in the lobby needs to be replaced - it was disgusting. New doors are needed on the units.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heavy, heavy smoke smell in room. Old shower

check in was easy. Jose was very helpful

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Location was perfect. Close to everything you could want (sheetz, walmart, goodwill, ect)

Fair price

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Not a continental breakfast. Dirty room/bathroom.

Cheap

Uncleanliness

Place filthy, carpet, bathroom and rooms smelled awful.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Room door hard to open. cold water faucet in tub needs repair.

Quiet, clean, convenient, adult height toilet.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

My bed was soft and nice.

Dirty. Ran down looking

Dude at front desk was cool

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Uncomfortable bed. Carpet did not look clean Bathroom did not look clean.

Friendly staff Clean towels

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Breakfast was less than expected. Wife did not feel comfortable.

price was great

Dark and odor in room

Close to restaurants

Corteous staff

Noisy

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Poor lighting, rooms old, hasn't been fixed up since it opened.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Friendly staff and no noise.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Parking directly convenient to room entrance.

Pet friendly and direct route to historic district. Friendly check in and great cont BreakfAst.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Beds are uncomfortable and small.

Mold

Jose the deskman was friendly and professional

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The appearance was run down and the room although very clean had an odor.

The staff was extremely nice and personable. Beyond helpful and kind.

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Plumbing issues in and out one day- perfectly fine

Good price valur

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Bit far from town and food

Very smart and comfortable

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Very friendly staff and helpful

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Very clean and close to everything

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

condition of toilet and no drinking glasses or lotion

nice room

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Dirty and not enough towels bathroom dirty

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

No coffee in-room, poor breakfast selection

Convenient location

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The bedding was sparse and full of burn holes.

Clean

• One King Bed Non-Smoking Room

Breakfast was not much. There were little choices, and only white toast and waffles for hot breakfast. Coffee only had powdered creamer.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Location right odd Route 70

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

Beds were comfortable, plenty of room, delicious waffles for breakfast 👍🏻

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

I hate this place due old stuff

I have no comment about this because it is not nice or fresh air.

• Two Double Beds Non-Smoking Room

The room smelled a little moldy.